PDA

View Full Version : GOOGLE EARTH!

Surya
3rd November 2005, 11:14 PM
This thing is amazing. I was on it the other day, and I was looking through Delhi, and I could actually see street I used to live on. It's awesome! :D Sadly the software isn't nearly as detailed, and clear when it comes to Chennai. I couldn't even see anything. I jsut saw a bunch of pinkish dots. :( Anyone know if thre is something that can be done to view Chennai and it's strees on Google Earth like I did with Delhi and Bangalore?

Shakthiprabha.
4th November 2005, 12:45 AM
I tried it too. I could not see it clearly. Though my friend promises she saw the street in bangalore which we live in right now. :(

I wanna try it again and YES ITS AMAZING.

Sandeep
4th November 2005, 08:27 AM
I tried Delhi, Bangalore and Singapore all came fine. The details where mind blowing. Also Hyd and Mumbai but for odd reason chennai and kolkata dont have "high resolution imagery". Wait as google is continously improving the resolution.

Surya
4th November 2005, 08:45 AM
Hopefully Google will improve it soon. :D

I couldn't believe it when I saw Alsoor Lake. It was like a walk down memory Lane. I wanted to locate Kamana Halli, where I used to live, but I couldn't. I guess KH has changed drastically in 10 years. :D

nirosha sen
5th November 2005, 11:46 AM
While it maybe sweet news for innocuous browsers to view all these locations, I'm afraid I have to concur with Indian President Abd. Kalam, for raising the alarm against viewing sensitive areas for security reasons.

Too many enemies at the door, for the Indian republic, to take this one sitting down!!

sivajayan
5th November 2005, 05:11 PM
While it maybe sweet news for innocuous browsers to view all these locations, I may afraid I have to concur with Indian President Abd. Kalam, for raising the alarm against viewing sensitive areas for security reasons.

Too many enemies at the door, for the Indian republic, to take this one sitting down!!

All the enemies have already scanned the Indian Republic, so don't worry! They aren't that dummy either.

Uthappam
8th November 2005, 12:08 AM
While it maybe sweet news for innocuous browsers to view all these locations, I'm afraid I have to concur with Indian President Abd. Kalam, for raising the alarm against viewing sensitive areas for security reasons.

i don't think we need those satelite images to 'view' sensitive areas in India. A world war two 'binoculars' would be sufficient.

lordstanher
8th November 2005, 06:31 PM
I checked out Hyd. (but cudn't really track down the place where we'd lived earlier, altho I think I was close! :D)........
Also saw Chennai but the streaming wasn't too good.........
Then saw Vizag.......its easy to spot our current area/locality as its just at the Beach Road! :D
Just seen Delhi & Agra....much more clarity......
Will check out more places in detail......!

Surya
9th November 2005, 06:18 AM
I checked out Hyd. (but cudn't really track down the place where we'd lived earlier, altho I think I was close! :D)........
Also saw Chennai but the streaming wasn't too good.........
Then saw Vizag.......its easy to spot our current area/locality as its just at the Beach Road! :D
Just seen Delhi & Agra....much more clarity......
Will check out more places in detail......!

I didn't check agra out. Were u able to see the TM? :D

lordstanher
9th November 2005, 10:09 AM
Well, the trouble is there was a cluster of places marked out there indicating the TM.......one said TM daytime silhoutte, TM sunset silhoutte, TM lateral view.......I cudn't figure out which was the exact location of the TM! :?
Will try again later.........:D

Btw, u've lived in Delhi/B'lore as well, huh? So u've more or less been in 1/2 of India! :D

luckylook32
10th November 2005, 12:20 PM
- deleted -

Surya
10th November 2005, 01:41 PM
Well, the trouble is there was a cluster of places marked out there indicating the TM.......one said TM daytime silhoutte, TM sunset silhoutte, TM lateral view.......I cudn't figure out which was the exact location of the TM! :?
Will try again later.........:D

Btw, u've lived in Delhi/B'lore as well, huh? So u've more or less been in 1/2 of India! :D

really, I should take a look @ that also.

Yeah, I lived in B'lore for a few years, then in Delhi for a short span of 1.5 years. It was ten years ago though, when I was like 13. those cities have changed so much now! :shock:

Arthi
10th November 2005, 01:53 PM
Hi
Even I trie dthis Google Search.... I can Scan very well mumbai, and I got my place where am working and Nook and Cornres of mumbai street.... But Chennai I cld not see like that of Mumbai. I tried Meenambakkam airport... did not get the clear vier.
Really it is amazing to see to globe rotate...
mind-bending to see this!!!!

Querida
11th November 2005, 01:38 AM
Arthi in a hurry for soccer practice? Next time slow down i want to properly understand what you are posting please ok? :)

luckylook32
15th November 2005, 05:40 PM
- deleted -

Moderator !

Why my message was deleted?

Is it vulgar in your views?

Sanjeevi
19th November 2005, 03:19 PM
yea google earth amazing