PDA

View Full Version : Aaru - Could someone outdo Srikanth Deva? Yes!

inetk
14th November 2005, 09:38 PM
Devi Sri Prasad makes Srikanth Deva sound like Mozart. Aaru, in 100 select words.
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Karthik S

vijayr
14th November 2005, 10:04 PM
Both these guys should be locked in a room together and forced to listen to each other's "kuththu" songs for a month.

interz
15th November 2005, 02:24 AM
Yeah a big letdown, however DSP delieved good songs in his first movie with Soorya (Mayavi). Maybe you will appreaciate the songs on screen instead.

popeye11
15th November 2005, 07:31 AM
Two songs are okay (Nenjam ellam and Pakkada)
Devi Sri Prasad gives quality music in telugu.. this album is disappointing maybe songs will look good with the movie!

rajdes
15th November 2005, 02:22 PM
DSP - an enigma. The guy sure is capable.But a lot like Sadagoppan Ramesh. Promising Start, streaky shots, sublime moments, chappai finish.
A couple of songs from maayavi and 2 very good ones from the tongue twisting Nuvvosthanante Nenoddantana are all he has managed in all these years. Yeah, light years ahead of D.Srikanth, Son of Deva(got to add this bit since I know a good musician named D.Srikanth:-)).
tidbit: Rahman actually said once he sees a lot of potential in Mr Sri Prasad.

njv
16th November 2005, 01:09 AM
not worth reviewing this product. songs are peppy and trendy so will hit top 3 soon, but not worth listening repeatedly. Why hariharan killed the dhurogam song. oh my god.

inetk
16th November 2005, 12:41 PM
njv:

Absolutely right. Actually thats the logic behind a 100 word review...most recent albums are not worth a detailed review and who has the time to read a eloquently written review anyway. All people care is which songs should they listen to/ download or if the album is worth buying! Soda bottle will sure make waves at least on TV provided its shot as vibrantly as Saami's Tirunelveli alva! But does that mean its a song worth remembering? Of course not. Just another vadumaanga/ ooruga type song.

Scale
16th November 2005, 12:42 PM
DSP - an enigma. The guy sure is capable.But a lot like Sadagoppan Ramesh. Promising Start, streaky shots, sublime moments, chappai finish.
A couple of songs from maayavi and 2 very good ones from the tongue twisting Nuvvosthanante Nenoddantana are all he has managed in all these years. Yeah, light years ahead of D.Srikanth, Son of Deva(got to add this bit since I know a good musician named D.Srikanth:-)).
tidbit: Rahman actually said once he sees a lot of potential in Mr Sri Prasad.

Is it in the audio release function which arr attended :wink:

thanks for those posts. 6 ignored.

raja_fan
16th November 2005, 06:08 PM
Scale,

No..it was for Mazhai.

sureshc
17th November 2005, 10:08 AM
AARU- terrible songs.

SDP- Better concentrate only on telugu films bcos there you hardly have anybody to compete with!!Whate ever u score, you will get paid and there will be no complaints.

Pls spare tamil films to the better MDS. We dont want to hear junk!!
Our present TFM junk music masters ie Srikanth Deva, D Imaan, sabesh- muralis,SARs,adityan and Dhina are more than a handfull and we are just running out of patience.
Tolerating 1 more junk MD will be asking for 2 much.
Pls spare TFM

Renault
17th November 2005, 09:53 PM
Suresh,

That's the bane of TN people.. managing junks like the people you've mentioned.. and actors like VIJAY,SRIKANTH etc.

I actually haven't listened to Aaru yet, but I liked DSP's Maayavi (all songs).

Sanjeevi
18th November 2005, 11:09 AM
I liked one of DSP's ICE songs ie "En vanathau"

swathy
16th December 2005, 01:06 PM
Devi Sri Prasad gives quality music in telugu.. this album is disappointing maybe songs will look good with the movie!

Devi Sri Prasad will dubb all his telugu songs to tamil.

popeye11
17th December 2005, 01:05 AM

Devi Sri Prasad will dubb all his telugu songs to tamil.

Not with this movie"Aaru" though.

Devi S prasad and the producer was sued for using some of his earlier telugu hit in Sachin.

Surya
17th December 2005, 04:39 PM
I didn't think it was a very hot album.

I expected a lot more since Surya's previous film Gajini had excellent songs!

As far as Kuthu songs, DSP has done well. Soda Bottle and Free-ya vudu are ok.

Dhrogam and Paakaathe are alright.

It's a very average album.