PDA

View Full Version : INDO-CHINESE Recipe Corner

Oldposts
3rd December 2004, 12:00 PM
Topic started by Anand (@ 61.3.66.26) on Mon Mar 17 09:34:43 .

I would like to add some Indo-chinese recipes in this thread.Iam not a professional cook,its my hobby.This thread would also not be restricted strictly to Indo-chinese recipes,other popular Indian[mostly Non-Veg]recipes too would be added.Hope you all like it!

Oldposts
Hi Anand:
I am looking forward to your recipes.

Oldposts
Hello Anand,
Welcome to the most active forum on net.
I look forward to some fresh and new recipes.

Oldposts
Hi Hemant:
Good to see you back again :)

Oldposts
This is a chicken recipe...

Ingredients:

Chicken bonless : 1/2 Kg
Egg : 1
Maida flour : 1 tbl spoon
corn flour : 1/2 tbl spoon
rice flour : 1/2 tbl spoon
salt : to taste
Boil the chicken for 3 minutes in 1/2 ltr water.
Beat the egg well and add it to the chicken.
Add all the three flours to the above mixture and also add required salt.
Deep fry the chicken in refined oil.

For the sauce:
1.Soya sauce : 5 tbl spoons
2.vinegar : 1 tbl spoon
3.Ginger : 1 inch piece[finely chopped]
4.Garlic : 5 cloves[finely chopped]
5.green chilli sauce : 2 tbl spoon
6.sugar : 1 tbl spoon
7.Ajinomoto : 1/2 teaspoon
8.corn flour paste: one teaspoon

Heat 1 tbl spoon oil in an iron wok and add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for a minute.Then add the chicken stock which is left over after boiling the chicken.Boil it for a minute and add vinegar.Add soya sauce,chilli sauce,green chilli sauce and sugar-with one minute gap each while stir frying the contents.Allow it to boil for a minute in medium flame and add sugar and ajinomoto.Boil for a minute and add the corn flour paste.The sauce will thicken.Now taste it and then add required salt.Now add the chicken and stir it for two minutes in medium flame.Garnish with chopped onion shoots after transferring the finished chicken to a serving bowl.

Oldposts
Hello Anand,
Is it good to use Aji-ni-moto?

Oldposts
Hello hemant..yes ajinimoto is not good for health.But it adds that sour taste to chinese dishes.Its not good to add it in our everyday dishes.We make chinese dishes rarely at home and i think its ok if we sprinkle just a bit.But its not good to use it like we use salt!Thankyou hemant and punnahai for ur encouragement!:-)

Oldposts
Hello Mr.Anand!
Welcome to the forumhub. I hope that new recipes will enhance the flavour of the forumhub frequently.

Oldposts
Anand ,can you give me the recipe for making corn soup?

Oldposts
Thankyou Mrs.Mano.Hello seetha,here's the recipe for sweetcorn chicken soup.

Ingredients:

Chicken : 1/4 Kg
Vinegar : 1 tbl spoon
Green chilli sauce : 1 tbl spoon
Corn flour paste : 2 tbl spoon
Egg : 1[beaten]
garlic : 1 clove [crushed]
sugar : 1 tbl spoon

Method:

Add 1/2 ltr water in a pressure cooker and add the chicken.After steam comes out of the vent,place the whistle and simmer flame.Bring the contents to full pressure.Then let the pressure settle and open the cooker.Take the chicken out and remove the bones.Now add the chicken again to the stock and also the crushed garlic.Boil the contents again in medium flame[no pressure cooking,just with the cooker open without lid]Now you will have the chicken stock.
Now add another half ltr water to the chicken stock and boil.Then add the vinegar,sugar and chilli sauce.When the contents are boiling at medium flame,slowly add the cornfour paste while stirring[dont add corn paste without stirring,else it will form into clumps]Now the soup will thicken.If you want it to be more thick just add another tbl spoon of corn paste.When you get enough consistency,its time to add the beaten egg.Use a tbl spoon which we use for deep frying[jalli karandi] for this.Pour the beaten egg into the soup through the tbl spoon slowly.And stir the soup for another one minute.
Now the soup is ready.Garnish with some shopped onion shoots.Add a tea spoon of sweet corn for a bowl of serving.Also place soya sauce,salt,pepper,chilli-vinegar and tomato sauce in the table.And these things should be added to one's taste.

Oldposts
Why the need for Ajino Moto when the Chinese themselves hardly use it?

Oldposts
Hi Anand, Could you post the recipe for
Mee Goreng please?

Oldposts
Hello Anand,

Could you post a recipe for Tomyam soup? I think it is Thai.

How do you make the green chilli sauce at home for the above sweet corn soup recipe?

Thanks

Oldposts
Anand, I am a vegetarian hence need sweet corn soup recipe w/o chicken. thanks for the recipe anyway, it wud be useful to others.

Oldposts
Hello seetha,Instead of chicken stock,use vegetable stock and dont add egg..rest is same.

Oldposts
Hello mini,
I dont know to make tomyam soup.Yes it is thai...But i found a recipe in the net...see if it helpful for you..

Ingredients:

Basic broth:

1 liter1 Chicken stock
1 Tbs. chili paste
Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
1 Tbs. lime juice
1 Tbs. lemon juice
1 Tsp. lemon peel bits
1 Tsp. lime peel bits
2 Tsp. fish sauce
1-2 fresh chili peppers
1 (1 liter equals 4 US or 5 International cups).

Tsp. = one US teaspoon, or one 5 ml spoon.

Tbs. = one US tablespoon or one 15 ml spoon.

Plus, minus and substitute:

substitute fresh (1 stalk, cut) or dried (6 - 8 small pieces) lemon grass for lemon peel
substitute 4 kaffir lime leaves for lime peel
no substitute for fish sauce, but try using a lot of shrimp/fish/anchovies and salt.
substitute (poor) chili powder, or extra peppers.
galanga (1 piece) you really need this, but may be hard to find. No substitutes, but a little powdered ginger may be close.

Add about a cup of cut vegetables and half a cup of shrimp, fish and/or meat (note seafood is much more common). Examples:

cut tomato wedges
baby corn
shallots
mushrooms
parsley
others in season

Directions:

1. Bring chicken stock to a boil.

2. Add leaves, grass and/or peel bits, galanga and most vegetables (except tomatoes, if used). Boil for 3 - 5 minutes.

3. Add seafood and tomatoes (if used). Boil until the shrimp is pink and the fish is cooked.

4. Add the last ingredients (chili paste and peppers, juices). Stir.

5. Pour into a big soup tureen, and serve.

-------------
Green chilli sauce is available readymade in bottles.

Oldposts
Hello Anand!

Curious to know, why does the chicken need to be boiled in the Chinese Chicken recipe.

Oldposts
Hello funcook,
Its hygenic to boil and the chicken will also be much tender.If you prefer,no need to boil in water,the chicken can be deep fried after marinated in flour and egg.

Oldposts
Rimi
Here is a recipe for Mee Goreng
http://forumhub.com/southfood/23384.06.00.53.html

Oldposts
Thanx a bunch Samayal Kaaran.

Oldposts
In Malaysia, the Chinese shops serve a kind of porridge in the morning. Does anyone know the recipe?

Oldposts
Hi Mini,
Here's a recipe for Tom Yum Goong, which i came across in a weekly magazine. Hope this is what you asked for.

TOM YUM GOONG

4 cups chicken stock
2 inch piece Thai ginger,chopped
3 lime leaves
3-4 coriander roots, washed
3 stalks lemon grass
6-8 medium prawns
150 gms. straw mushrooms
5 each, green and red bird's-eye chillies
1 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. fish sauce
3 sprigs fresh coriander

Bring the stock to a boil & add ginger, lime leaves, coriander roots & lemon grass. Simmer for 15mins. & add prawns, mushrooms, chillies & simmer for a further 3mins. Add lemon juice & fish sauce. Garnish with fresh coriander.

Recipe courtesy: Chef Nanat, Le Meridien,Abu Dhabi

Oldposts
pl give responses to make chicken manchurian.
bindiya

Oldposts
Steam cook 250 g of boneless chicken [cut into approximately into 2 inch pieces] for about five minutes.Add half the content of a beaten egg and also add 2 teaspoons of maida and 2 tsp of cornflour.Mix well,deep fry and set aside.

onion [big] :1[cut into round slices]
vinegar : 1/2 tbl spoon
tomato :1 chopped
soya sauce : 1/2 tbl spoon
red chilli sauce : 1 tsp
sugar : 1 tsp
ajinomoto : 3 pinches
salt : to taste
ginger garlic paste : 1 tsp
chicken stock : 1 cup[100 ml]
corn flour paste : 1 tsp

Heat 2 table spoons oil in a pan.Add onions and stir fry till transparent then add ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute in high heat.Then add tomato and stir fry for a minute.Then add the chicken stock and when it boils,add vinegar,soya sauce,red chilli sauce,sugar,ajinomoto and sugar.Bring it to a boil and then add the corn flour paste.the contents thickens at once.Now add the chicken and simmer the flame and cook for two minutes.Serve by garnishing with a spoon of chopped onion shoots.

Oldposts
Hello Anand ,
its nice to see you with different variety of recipes.Pls. give me the recipes for chicken fried rice and shrimp fried rice which are my children's favorites...
thank u
Devi

Oldposts
Hello Anand,
Appreciate your job!!!

Oldposts
Hi Hemant:
Can you please post the recipe for gobimancurian ? Thanks in advance.

Oldposts
hello Anand
I have tried several time but could not succeed. I want to know the indian style chowmein and also the veg fried rice. which is served in chinese resturant

Oldposts
I think if the chicken is boiled and then fried,less oil is used up and less cooking gas too ,since it is already cooked,so only a crispy appearance is needed now.
Anand ,u r doing great job.do u have the recipe for Honey chicken and chicken with broccoli like the Chinese make it?(don't know exact names)

Oldposts
Chow Mein receipe for Kavita

100gms chow noodles
1 onion shredded
1 capsicum shredded
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 carrot shredded
1/4 tsp ajinomoto
1 tsp white pepper
2 tsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp vinegar
1 1/2 tsp chilli sauce(optional)
2 tbsp oil
salt.
Boil Noodles and dry them.
Heat oil add onions and stir fry for 1/2 min.
Stir fry carrots andcapsicum for 1/2 min. add cabbage. Add salt, pepper and ajinomoto. Now add boile noodles. Add vinegar. Mix corn flour with soya sauce and add to the noodles. Stir fry for a min. (add more soyasauce for darker colour. if u don't like u can omit the soya sauce).
Serve hot.
- boil 6 cups of water with 1tsp salt and 1tsp oil to cook noodles. cook 2-3 mins. remove from fire before they get overcooked. Strain.Wash noodles with cold water several times, straining each time. Leave them strainerfor 15 mins, turning themupside down once after 10mins to ensuredrying. add 1 tsp oil to the noodles.
This receipe is from Nita Metha's chinese vegetarian cuisine.

Oldposts
Thank you devi and kavita for your compliments!Sorry i couldnt post the recipes promptly since i hardly find time to logon.I will try to drop in regularly.

Here is the recipe for chicken fried rice.

CHICKEN FRIED RICE

Cook 250 gms of rice.This should not be too tender like the normal cooked rice.Cook the rice as if it retains its stiffness.Once the rice is cooked,it should be spread on a tray or any other flat container and let to cool down.Hot rice should not be used for stir frying since it will start forming into lumps and the texture of fried rice will not be good.

Ingredients:

1.boiled chicken[boneless] : 100 gms[shredded]
2.capsicum,carrot,beans,cabbage
and onion... : Slice all these vegetables into thin long pieces and mix them well.The mixed vegetables should make about 100 grams.
3.egg : one [beaten]
4.ajinomoto :one pinch
5.salt : to taste
6.soyasauce : few drops and dilute with one teaspoon water.
7.pepper : half teaspoon

Heat two teaspoons of oil in a wok and add the vegetables and stir fry in high heat for a minute.[do not overcook the vegetables]and add the beaten egg.When the egg thickens,stir fry it and add the rice.Add the boiled chicken.Stir all the contents well and add salt and ajinomoto.sprinkle the diluted soya sauce over the rice and stir well.And add the pepper.All the stir cooking will approximately take from five to seven minutes.Garnish with chopped onion shoots and serve hot.

For shrimp fried rice,add boiled shrimp instead of chicken.

Oldposts
Also, you could use the water from boiling the chicken to cook the rice. It adds a very nice flavour to the rice.

Oldposts
Yes sharm...u are right...the left over water of the boiled chicken will add an excellent flavour if rice is cooked in it.

Oldposts
i am looking for a recipe for chinese steak tips.
A DRY MARINADE(POWDER)

Oldposts
Thanks Anand, great site. Boo to Sanjeev Kapoor and Tarla Dalal who had made their sites paid. Keep the good job

Oldposts
I would like to have the recipe for Gobi Manchurian (with and without gravy).

Oldposts
Hi Anu,

Here is your recipie.(with gravy)

CAULIFLOWER MANCHURIAN
Ingredients:
1 cauliflower, cut into small flowerets
3-4 green chilies
1 bunch of green onions or shallots
A bunch of coriander leaves
3 flakes garlic, crushed finely
4-5 flakes garlic, chopped
2 tbsp lemon juice
Little piece of ginger, crushed finely
3 tbsp chapathi flour
3 tbsp corn flour
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying the cauliflower
2 tbsp butter for making the sauce
2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp soya sauce
Method:
1. Make a batter out of the 2 tbsp corn flour and all the chapathi flour. To this, add crushed ginger, garlic, red chili powder, salt, cumin seeds, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp soya sauce and coriander leaves.
2. Dip the cauliflower flowerets in it and fry till golden brown in color. Drain and keep aside.
To make the sauce:
1. Dissolve the remaining corn flour in 1-2 tbsp of water. Add the remaining soya sauce, salt, chili sauce to the corn flour mixture and mix well. Keep it aside.
2. Heat butter in a frying pan and add chopped green chilies, chopped garlic, chopped green onions and stir-fry for about 5-6 minutes.
3. Then add the above prepared corn flour paste and lower the heat. The sauce will begin to thicken and when it is thick enough, take it from the fire and pour it over the fried flowerets.
4. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.

Oldposts
Hello all the chooths i need recipe on how to cook chooth chinese style, anybody know how to cook chooth chinese style please let me know.

Oldposts
Hi chooth,

I'll tell you how to cook chooth chinese style.

First you massage the chooth with sesame oil for about 10mins, then you put some yogurt or whipcream on it leave it on top of the chooth and let it marinate for about 5mins, then you pound the chooth with drum stick(lund) when the chooth screams huh huh then you stop cooking this way you know that you have cooked chooth the chinese style, hope this recipe would come handy who wants to cook chooth chinese style.

Oldposts
Recipe for vegetables or chicken noodles?

Oldposts
i want recepie for egg freind rice can any one help me out??

Oldposts
Even i want to know the recipe for veg noodles and chicken. can anyone help?

Oldposts
http://www.iomx.com

Oldposts
hi

can you pls help me to get the recipe of soup which is served with chicken momos(chicken dumplings) and also what ingredients are necessary for marinating the fillings for the momos according to the indian chinese restaurant.

thanks

samrita

Oldposts
there is this new resturent in edison by the name of chopstick,very good indo chinese food
chopstick, 732-632-9232, if you have friends in NJ must let them know
rajeshwari

Oldposts
Hii
could anyone post the recipe for vegetable sweet corn soup.when i tried it it was not thick like in restaurants.i dont know what i am doing wrong.

Oldposts
Sakshi,
Did you add corn flour when preparing the soup? It always gives thickness to the soups.

Oldposts
Hii KH
i did add corn flour( the one we get in indian stores) but it remains grainy and doesnt give any kind of thickness to the soup.if you have a correct recipe,please post it.Thank you.

Oldposts
Sakshi, I think you added "Corn meal". Please use "Corn starch" for thickening purposes. In the US supermarkets, you can get corn starch in the baking aisle. Indian recipes generally refer to this thickening agent as corn flour (which is misread by people who haven't used corn starch before).

Hope this helps.

- D

Oldposts
Hi Sakshi,
I got this recipe from the net. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you got them thick enough. And check the label of the corn flour pack, whether it can be used for thickening soups and gravies. Good Luck!

SWEET CORN VEGETABLE SOUP

Ingredients :

Sweet Corn - 1 tin
Vegetable Stock - 3cup
Corn Flour - 1tbs
Salt - to taste
Ajinomoto - a pinch
Egg - 1
Milk - 1/4cup
Method :

Put the sweet corn in a dish and add the vegetable stock into it. Mix the corn flour with 1/4cup of water. Keep the vegetable stock in the fire and when it begins to boil, add the corn flour. Boil for 10 minutes.

Add salt and milk into it. Beat the egg and add it slowly to the boiling soup. Stir the soup continuously while adding the egg. Remove it from the fire and add ajinomoto.

Note : Pepper powder can also be added if needed.

Oldposts
I JUST WANT TO GET THE RECEPIE FOR FRIED RICE & HOW TO MAKE HONEY CHICKEN

Oldposts
Hii KH
Thanks for the sweet corn soup recipe,will try it soon.But i have to omit the use of egg cos i dont eat egg except when used in a cake.Thanks a lot.

Oldposts
Hi Sakshi,
Here's another recipe for SWEET CORN VEGETABLE SOUP which does not need egg(from bawarchi site).

Ingredients:

1 cup tender corn kernels or
1 cup sweet corn cream style canned
1 carrot finely chopped
1 tbsp. cabbage chopped
1 spring onion finely chopped
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. green chilli sauce
1/2 tsp. soya sauce
1 tbsp. corn flour
4 cups water

Method:

If you are using fresh corn, then pressure cook till tender.
Take the corn in a deep pan. Mix the corn flour in 1/2 cup water.
Add water, salt, sugar, vegetables and chilli sauce.
Mix well and put to boil. Once boiling, add corn flour paste and stir continuously.
Keep stirring till the soup is thick and clear.
Stir in the soya sauce and take off fire.
Serve steaming hot with garlic rolls and more chilli sauce or chillies in vinegar.

Making time: 15 minutes (excluding pressure cooking time)
Makes: 4 bowls

Oldposts
Hii KH
Thanks for the sweet corn soup recipe.Will try soon.

Oldposts
HI,
please send me chicken manchuriarecipe

Oldposts
HI,
please send me chicken manchuriarecipe

Oldposts
Do any of you know where I could get the green chilli sauce that we use in india for chinese dishes? I am in LA. Maybe some site on the net?

Oldposts
Yo that is one nice but fuc-ked up recipe' nearly burned my hole up i meant my whole kitchen up. thnks i guess it was tasty but my wiener got burned in the process any idieas anyone?

Oldposts
Can some one please tell me the recepie of chilli sauce - brown color one that u get along with the fried rice not the soya sauce.

Oldposts
Hi Anand:
I saw thin noodles made with mung beans frim local chineese store and bougt it out of curiosity. It says BUN TAU in it. Do you have any suggestions? Please help me

Oldposts
culd u please give me the receipies of schwan rice noodles

Oldposts
Hi meena...BUN TAU is a vietnamese vermicelli...Iam pasting here some info about that which i found in a website..
These slender, gelatinous noodles are widely used throughout China and Southeast Asia. They're made from mung beans and almost flavorless, though they readily absorb other flavors. They're commonly used in soups, stir-fries, salads, desserts, and even drinks. Before using, soak them in hot water until they're soft and transparent (about 15 minutes), then add them to boiling water and cook them for no more than a minute. Rinse them in cold water and drain. The dried noodles can also be deep fried to make a crunchy garnish or bed for sauces.

Oldposts
please send me chicken manchuria recipe

Oldposts
please send me chicken biryani recipe,&chicken starters any thing which we can take as starters

Oldposts
hi,
please ask me for any special chinese recipe which suits our indian taste.
i m having my own chinese fast food joint and always trying for the best to suit our taste.
thanks
contact-- satya_satyendra@yahoo.co.in
satya_satyendra@rediffmail.com

Oldposts
i want the recipe of chinese fast food veg manchuria

Oldposts
hello!

i am teja from hyderabad please can u tell me the full proceduce to make tasty veg soft noodels and veg american chopsy....i want the recepirs of all tasty yammy chinese vegetable dishes....thanking u waiting for ur reply...

Oldposts
dear all go to www.angithi.com u will get all sort of chinese recipes

Oldposts
Hi all,

I have a collection of Indo-Chinese recipes in my cooking website. Check it out
http://cooking.thezeal.com (http://cooking.thezeal.com
)

Thanks,
Priya Madhan
<a name="last"></a>

acjdagr8
28th January 2005, 06:05 AM
hi. i used to love the shezwan fried rice at this place called taipan on avinashi road in cbe. can u give me a recipe for schezwan fried rice and schezwan chicken. that'll be appreciated. thanks. :)

guhapriya
4th March 2005, 08:57 AM
can anybody give me the recepie for thaiveg curry

thanks in advance