PDA

View Full Version : sivajayan

Alan
24th November 2005, 07:06 PM
You've mentioned in other threads about your parents' mixed marriage. If I am not interfering too much in your personal life & if you are free to talk about it, could you enlighten me with the details? Like how your parents met etc?
And how despite a mixed marriage, esp where western bonds are not so strong, how they still manage to be together?

Have you read "Half A Life" by V.S Naipul? Its about a intercaste marriage & the Bohemian Culture that sets in etc.

If you are uncomfortable or if you consider this too personal, pls ignore this tread. You need not answer at all.

Anoushka
24th November 2005, 10:30 PM
Alan, because you have opened a thread speicifically for Sivajayan I am not sure if you are looking for similar mixed marriage stories... if you are then one of my very good friends here is an example!

He is a Tamilian and his wife is Irish. They've been married for 30 years and have six lovely children. The oldest is a few years younger than me and has just bought her own house and moved out on her own.

"Arr" met "E" when she was in India doing Social Service 30+ years ago. When she moved back to Ireland he moved back with her and got married with both the families blessings. They even moved back to India for a short while and one of their boys was born in India.

E is a lovely women... she makes filter coffee when Arr's Indian friends visit them. She makes Indian food only for Arr as the kids and the rest of the family are more used to bland food! She even makes idlis/dosas for him everyday... It is funny when the Indian guys complain to Arr saying their Indian wives don't take care of them that well :lol:

5 out of the 6 kids have Indian names. They all love murukku and mixture and watch Tamil movies though they don't speak Tamil!

The daughter that has moved out still goes to her parents for lunch everyday :)

I think the bonds are decided by how loving the couple are rather than if it is western or eastern culture!

Alan
24th November 2005, 10:54 PM
Oh That's sooo cool! Nice!

RR
25th November 2005, 04:14 PM
Similar topic is discussed here: http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5146

Alan,
If you have a message for a specific hubber, you can use 'pm'..

Alan
25th November 2005, 10:16 PM
Yes, I know But this thread is exclusive. I don't intend to discuss other mixed marriages or their end products here. Would you permit me, sir?

RR
26th November 2005, 08:46 AM
Sorry, cannot. If we did allow, you know what'll happen: every thread will have an offshoot like this.