PDA

View Full Version : World Space Radio

Alan
24th November 2005, 10:25 PM
Yes, Finally, after months of thinking, I finally bought a World Space Radio! Its FANTASTIC!!!
Anyone else here who is a fan of WSR?

Lambretta
24th November 2005, 10:59 PM
Wat exactly r its features??
This is the 1st time I'm getting to know abt such a thing! :)

Alan
24th November 2005, 11:16 PM
Well, its a 24/7 Radio with more than 40 channels. You have Punjabi, Malayalam, Tamil, Old Hindi, New Hindi, Hindusthani, Karnatic, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, English, Instrumental etc

Its a satelite Radio- you fix the receiver on your terrace, and the actual radio in your room. WSR was launched about 4-5 years ago. Then the prices were like Rs 8000/- Now, they have slashed down to Rs 2000/-

Subscription is annual.

If you are a die-hard music fan, WSR is the thing for you.

Lambretta
24th November 2005, 11:25 PM
Wow! Sounds cool! :D
One thing abt the receiver, is it poss' to hav this all fixed up in flats (where we r currently living)??

RedPepper
24th November 2005, 11:48 PM
Can we get the channels anywhere in the world? :?:

Alan
25th November 2005, 12:29 AM
Wow! Sounds cool! :D
One thing abt the receiver, is it poss' to hav this all fixed up in flats (where we r currently living)??

you will have to fix it in the terrace of the building. It has to face the east- its just like the antenna of the tv, to receive directly from the satellite.

Alan
25th November 2005, 12:31 AM
Can we get the channels anywhere in the world? :?:

yes, indeed. Where do u stay?

I've heard from a friend that in the Us etc, its 80 $ per year but in india its like Rs1500/-

Shakthiprabha.
25th November 2005, 01:16 PM
The whole thread and its answers sounds like

"FM radio conversation" to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely meant it in a lighter sense. no offense please.

Alan
25th November 2005, 08:20 PM
LOL! Nice one, Mam!

WEll, for more info, you can visit www.worldspaceasia.com

Shakthiprabha.
25th November 2005, 09:55 PM
:smile: ok alan. thanks. would check it out .

blahblah
26th November 2005, 12:24 PM
It is a big hit here too.I haven't seen any company advertising like this recently.They are on the front pages of all major news papers and dozens of huge hoardings in the city.

May be the availability of BBC,CNN and NDTV also influence the buyers-or is it simply entertainment!

Alan
26th November 2005, 11:02 PM
I've been listening to a lot of Karnatic Music- the channel is called "Shruti". Its amazing. Its slow paced. I love to listen to MS Subhalakshmi's Raagas, before going to sleep. That woman was a miracle, wasn't she?

tvsankar
26th November 2005, 11:41 PM
Dear Alan,

We are having WSR past two years.We are
listening old tamil songs and 'Sruthi'
the carnatic channel from early morning onwards.The morning programes are execellent.
We have presented to our elderly people those
who are away from us.All variety of channels are available.

It is one another medicine to skip the tv watching.The forgotton skill of listening has a great comeback.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Lambretta
27th November 2005, 02:46 PM
Say Alan......wanted to ask u- does WSR depend on wat kind of radio u hav, or do u need a specially equipped "modern" type instrument to listen to all these programmes??
Its nec. for me to know 'cos I've been on the lookout for a nice '60s/70s radio here (yes, working of course!).....havin one of those around at home wud not only bring back the forgotten skill of listening but also those ol' times! :wink:
So if u cud still hav WSR even w/ one of those I'd think it gr8! :D

Alan
27th November 2005, 05:56 PM
Dear Alan,

We are having WSR past two years.We are
listening old tamil songs and 'Sruthi'
the carnatic channel from early morning onwards.The morning programes are execellent.
We have presented to our elderly people those
who are away from us.All variety of channels are available.

It is one another medicine to skip the tv watching.The forgotton skill of listening has a great comeback.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Thanks for responding to this thread, Mam.
Well yes, as you rightly said, its one effective way to skip television ( except when there's a cricket match, of course!!!! LOL!)

I like Tamil music by Illayaraja & AR Rahmen. But the old , slowpaced songs by Kannadasan aren't exactly my cups of tea, uc.

Even the punjabi songs are sometimes disappointing. I love the Malayalam songs by Dr. K J Yesudas. But, unfortunately, I don't understand Malayalam.

Its very true that Music has no language, right?

"If Music be the food of love, play on..........." -William Shakespeare

Alan
27th November 2005, 06:02 PM
Say Alan......wanted to ask u- does WSR depend on wat kind of radio u hav, or do u need a specially equipped "modern" type instrument to listen to all these programmes??
Its nec. for me to know 'cos I've been on the lookout for a nice '60s/70s radio here (yes, working of course!).....havin one of those around at home wud not only bring back the forgotten skill of listening but also those ol' times! :wink:
So if u cud still hav WSR even w/ one of those I'd think it gr8! :D

No LS, it doesn't depend on the kind of radio u have at all. WSR comes with a receiver, which has to face the South East sky, from where it receives signals from.

When you purchase a WSR, the aftersales service will take care of all that. The ppl from the company will come & fix it for u.

So that's about it.

Lambretta
27th November 2005, 06:07 PM
Tks Alan! :D
Tats a relief!

Alan
29th November 2005, 09:30 PM
Have you learnt music, LS?