PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

Alan
7th December 2005, 08:20 PM
I was wondering why we do not have a Spiritual Thread here.

I think it would be a great idea to discuss prayers, its effects, how you pray etc among the hubbers, esp in this Kali Yuga.

I write down prayers in a book & communicate with God that way. It gives me a lot of inner peace. Though I am not a Hindu, I believe in the Hindu Philosophy the most. Ganesha is my favorite deity. The only person whom you can complain, share your joy, problems etc is only GOD.

I hope more hubbers will respond to this thread.

Lambretta
7th December 2005, 08:36 PM
Um.....yaar I'm not sure if this thread wud be allowed......it says tat religion etc. r forbidden to be discussed here......!
Still, lesse......! :)

Sanguine Sridhar
7th December 2005, 09:03 PM
Kadavuley Kadavuley :? :roll:

Alan
7th December 2005, 11:04 PM
Religion is like a banan skin, Spirituality is the banana pulp. What do we do? Throw away the pulp & keep the skin!!!

I do not intend to discuss Religion here, but Spirituality. By Spirituality, I mean the way each one of you communicate with God. There must have been times in everyone's lives where they have felt that God has appeared Himself & helped them in their troubles. It is such anecdotes that I am looking forward to hear.

Lambretta
8th December 2005, 12:40 PM
Religion is like a banan skin, Spirituality is the banana pulp. What do we do? Throw away the pulp & keep the skin!!!
I do not intend to discuss Religion here, but Spirituality. By Spirituality, I mean the way each one of you communicate with God. There must have been times in everyone's lives where they have felt that God has appeared Himself & helped them in their troubles. It is such anecdotes that I am looking forward to hear.
Ohh....Paaji, sorry I mistook this for a religion-oriented thread......!
Actually wat u say makes perfect sense, esp. w/ respect to the present-day society! which is just preserving the skin & not the actual fruit, as u'd pointed out! :D
Neways, abt me, I've begun to feel exactly the same lately, I used to visit temples atleast often & believe in rituals etc. but I (personally) found tat I wasn't getting ne inner spiritual development w/ all this.....just didn't leave me happy.....so I began to question wat I was doing, ie. in wat way was this leading me to develop my character or the inner self?........So decided to give up all tat & explore spirituality from the philosophical point of view......
And yes there was one incident w/ my parents where they felt tat God Himself appeared & helped them......
Earlier this year my parents had been to Hyd. (just a week b4 my dad passed away) in connection w/ sum work at the AP housing board there, for registering our flat in Hyd.......the problem was my dad was suffering from chronic kidney failure & he cud hardly walk w/ out support but was required to come there.......so when they'd gone there in an Auto, he suddenly felt too weak to even enter the office (which was on the upper floor of the bldg.) & was nearly collapsing there! My mother didn't know wat to do as no-one else was present to help them & she cudn't leave my dad alone to go get sumthing for him......there wasn't even a place for him to sit outside!
Jus then a lady appeared there, a stranger.....she got a chair from a nearby shop for my dad & even had one of the peons in the bldg. get a cool-drink for him......he felt much better then........strange thing I find is she refused to tell my parents who/wat she was, jus said tat she came to tat office often........my parents, after thanking her, went up to the office for their work & on returning down they cudn't find her there at all! Nobody they asked seemed to know abt where/when she went away either! But my mum feels it was actually God who came to help them tat day!

Alan
8th December 2005, 08:06 PM
awwww! that's awesome!!! I'm sorry about your father though. BUt I am sure in everyone's lives there are such incidents, for those who truly believe in God, He is ALWAYS there!

And you are right about the temples. I've been to temples, churches, mosques & Gurudwaras, of course. But I've felt more 'Shanthi' and more closer to God, when I write to Him in my diary.

Lambretta
8th December 2005, 08:33 PM
Tks! :D
Yea there were (& still r) times when I get the feeling tat God doesn't exist in today's world.........but then again I feel tat I'm wrong abt it.......
Another reason y I decided to explore spirituality the way I am doing.......hoping I wud know the real presence of God & thereby acknowledge it, since I've been getting this feeling of a non-believer.......!

P_R
8th December 2005, 09:47 PM
[tscii:c1ed6a9637]¦À¡ý¨É ¯Â÷¨Å Ò¸¨Æ Å¢ÕõÀ¢Îõ
±ý¨Éì ¸Å¨Ä¸û ¾¢ýÉò ¾¸¡¦¾É
¿¢ý¨Éî ºÃ½¨¼ó§¾ý

That's the most honest prayer I know ![/tscii:c1ed6a9637]

Alan
8th December 2005, 10:19 PM
Hmmmm...........Greek & Latin?

Sanguine Sridhar
8th December 2005, 10:26 PM
:lol: Tats tamizh Alan..but not sure though :roll: Font problem for me also....PR plz translate in English

P_R
9th December 2005, 06:39 AM
:lol: Tats tamizh Alan..but not sure though :roll: Font problem for me also....PR plz translate in English
Poetry is that which is lost in translation, but I shall bravely attempt

Ponnai Uyarvai Pugazai Virumbidum
Ennai Kavalaigal Thinna Thagaadhena
Ninnai SaraN Adaindhen

I, who desire wealth, rise and fame surrender to Thee to protect myself from worries.

It is by Mahakavi. A prayer cum love song !
It come rubberstamped with his brutal honesty and directness. No pretense of holiness,renunciation and no self-deprecation.
IMO it is the most comprehensive prayer

rajraj
9th December 2005, 07:23 AM

Sridhar,
That is part of the song 'ninnai charaN adaindhen kaNNammaa' where Bharathiyar treats kaNNamma as his kula dheivam (family deity). The full song is available at:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=197367#197367