PDA

View Full Version : Latest News on Tamil Cinema

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thiru
7th December 2005, 10:21 PM
Use this thread to update latest news & Information on Tamil Cinema. The news could be from other websites but should pertain to Tamil films. This thread could solve the needs of the casual hubber who simply wants to know the latest in Tamil film industry. Strictly No chatting and personal comments on this thread please.. Just stick to posting news and information.

Thiru
7th December 2005, 10:22 PM
[tscii:aa121f1dec]Truth or Just a Guess?

Shankar’s films always stir curiosity.

Rajinikanth’s movies too always keep the conjectures flowing.

Naturally then when the duo has come together, the guessing game is even more pronounced.

Kollywood is agog with conjectures that Rajinikanth's Sivaji is an inspiration of a Malayalam movie titled Natu Vazhikal.

It is about an honest police officer father and his angry young son. The son embarks on a mission to avenge the killers of his father.

But there is no way of confirming the news.

Sivaji directed by Shankar for AVM Production is reportedly going to floors on 14 December at Hyderabad where a grand set has been erected.

Featuring Rajinikanth, Shreya, Vivek among others, Sivaji has musical score by A R Rehman and cinematography by K V Anand.

Meanwhile Rajinikanth had reportedly expressed his desire that the movie should not have any political dialogues.

A major portion of the movie would be shot in a grand set while a few songs in abroad.

The movie had a simple muhurat last week[/tscii:aa121f1dec]

Thiru
7th December 2005, 10:55 PM
[tscii:d49bc2841f]Paramasivan` gets green signal
By Moviebuzz
Wednesday, 07 December , 2005, 13:15
Is ‘Nic Arts’ S.S.Chakravarthy still trying to sabotage Ajit’s career? Chakravarthy was Ajit’s “Man Friday” and ‘best friend’ who used to produce most of the Ajit films. But their relationship turned sour after the actor started concentrating more on his racing career.

More than a year back, Chakravarthy and Ajit along with K.S Ravikumar started Godfather with a lot of fanfare. But this ambitious project seemed to be jinxed from day-one as Chakravarthy faced serious financial problems.

The shooting of Godfather was delayed as Chakravarthy did not have money even to pay daily wages to junior artists! Finally, after giving nearly 150 days for the project, Ajit decided to turn professional by signing two new projects with reputed banners and directors.

His Paramasivan directed by P.Vasu is almost complete and is slated for Pongal 2006 release. But now Chakravarthy has thrown a new spanner in the project as he has gone to producer’s council and said that Paramasivam should release only after Godfather!

A meeting of producers, financiers and distributors of Ajit films was held last Sunday to sort out the issue. But Chakravarthy could not convince the council on his intentions and Paramasivan has been given green signal to release on January 14. So this Pongal will see the long awaited clash of Vijay (Aadi) and Ajit (Paramasivan ) at the Tamilnadu box-office!
[/tscii:d49bc2841f]

Surya
8th December 2005, 05:37 AM
Thiru, :D

But the Parmasivan post sa it's own thread called Thala's Paramasivan, where news pertining to parmasivan is posted. It's better that way because it only has things pertaining to Paramasivan, where as here there would be things from Shivaji, Kushboo Controversy, etc. I mean, isn't it much better to have ONE thread for one film rather than conslidatng everything into one thread? :?

Regards. 8-)

mirattalji
8th December 2005, 09:10 PM
mr. Thiru, Any idea on when the much expected audios of paramasivam and gfather wud be released..?

Thiru
8th December 2005, 09:28 PM

But the Parmasivan post sa it's own thread called Thala's Paramasivan, where news pertining to parmasivan is posted. It's better that way because it only has things pertaining to Paramasivan, where as here there would be things from Shivaji, Kushboo Controversy, etc. I mean, isn't it much better to have ONE thread for one film rather than conslidatng everything into one thread? :?

Regards. 8-)

Surya, This is the cover-all thread. its not going to be restricted to movies and news about certain actors alone. This thread can be used to convey any Tamil film news either be it comedian 'Muthukalai's marriage or IT raids on different actors houses or the suicide attempt of some producer. You guys can still post stuff on the appropriate film threads and discuss it there but this is for the casual hubber who is not interested to go through pages and pages of ajith-vijay clashes in the respective movie threads.. Any contributions from the regulars in this forum is really appreciated..

Thiru
8th December 2005, 09:29 PM
R K Selvamani is busy with his Pulan Visaranai II. His comeback movie starring Prashanth in lead role will go to floors very soon.

Asked why Prashanth in the place of Vijayakanth, Selvamani says, 'my first choice was 'Captain'. However he was busy with his political work. I turned to Prashanth, with whom I have worked before'.

'Almost half-a-decade ago, I decided to do a sequel to Pulan Visaranai. It materialised only now. I am confident that this movie would make up for my absence so far from Kollywood'.

Will Roja act in Pulan Visaranai II?

No was his reply. My wife is busy with her political work in Andhra Pradesh. I don't want to disturb her, says Selvamani.

Surya
9th December 2005, 06:35 AM

Regards. 8-)

Surya, This is the cover-all thread. its not going to be restricted to movies and news about certain actors alone. This thread can be used to convey any Tamil film news either be it comedian 'Muthukalai's marriage or IT raids on different actors houses or the suicide attempt of some producer. You guys can still post stuff on the appropriate film threads and discuss it there but this is for the casual hubber who is not interested to go through pages and pages of ajith-vijay clashes in the respective movie threads.. Any contributions from the regulars in this forum is really appreciated..

Ok, Gotcha!! :D

Thiru
9th December 2005, 05:56 PM
Swarnamalya on a different role
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 09, 2005]

Who said Swarnamalya can only play glamour roles? She performed Bharathanatyam in Chennai much to the surprise of many last week.

She had an impressive career as a television personality before marriage and a subsequent divorce played havoc. She had spent almost a year preparing for her dance drama based on Tamil epic - Silapadhikaram and played the title role of Madhavi.

She also plans to take the presentation to the US, Canada, UK and Sri Lanka. The actress performed as part of the ongoing December Music festival in Chennai last Wednesday.

She says, 'Bharathanatyam has been my childhood passion. Having learned Bharathanatyam in a professional way since my school days, I have been giving performances now and then'.

'I am planning to embark on a dance tour to abroad', she says.

All the best Swarnamalya.

Thiru
12th December 2005, 08:47 PM
Madras to Mozart
IndiaGlitz [Sunday, December 11, 2005]

From a humble beginning in Roja, A R Rehman has come a long way.

Not just in Tamil, but he has made his presence felt in every other language thanks to his excellent musical score. He has taken even China and London by surprise. No wonder accolades came his way for his good show.

The news now is that Rehman would be scoring music for a movie based on musician and a great composer Mozart's life story.

Mozart has an unmistakable influence on music lovers all over the world. His genius has inspired several modern day composers. A film is being produced jointly by an NRI in collaboration with a Australian firm.

A R Rehman has been urged to compose music for the movie.

However the latter has not confirmed it.

Anyway, Rehman himself is referred to as the Mozart of Madras. So it will be apt if he indeed accepts the movie.

Scale
12th December 2005, 09:37 PM
Thiru,

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=276156&highlight=#276156

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=277373&highlight=#277373

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/12/asian-mozart-to-score-for-mozart-film.html

I dont understand what response we may get if posting it here.....

Thiru
12th December 2005, 09:41 PM
scale, this thread is more of information & news than getting responses or comments... I try to put some cine bits and news here that I read in different websites..

RR
13th December 2005, 08:12 AM
One of the interesting source I check regularly (I'm sure many do) is thunukku moottai. Apart from gossip, the presentation is great fun with pazhamozhi's, kisukisu's and all.. Here's last sunday 's:

http://www.dinamalar.com/2005dec11varamalar/thunuk.asp

swathy
13th December 2005, 01:13 PM
Nana in a Tamil movie?
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, December 13, 2005]

Trying things differently is director Jananathan. His debut venture Iyarkai was a pointer to it. Though it could not bring financial rewards to the director, it won him critical acclaims. He brought Bandit Queen fame Seema Biswas for the movie.

He is currently directing a movie titled E which stars Jeeva and Nayantra in the lead roles.

On the title, he says, ''It's all about an angry young man, Eswaran, abbreviated as E, pitch forking Jeeva in the pivotal role. Nayantra plays a Mumbai girl.'

Meanwhile the buzz is that

Jananathan is keen on casting Bollywood star Nana Patekar in a cameo in the movie.

He has reportedly approached the actor to play an important role in the movie.

mirattalji
13th December 2005, 10:16 PM
hey guys aaru is probably the worst movie i have ever seen ...
it has a combination of over violence,illogical screenplay and worst music (let alone freeyavudu and sodabottle)

The director better work on something new or he will find himself lost in the new breed of directors

Thiru
13th December 2005, 10:19 PM
[tscii:444c6737d3]Mohanlal, Rajnikanth may unite for 'Sivaji'
By Moviebuzz
Tuesday, 13 December , 2005, 11:25
Is Mohanlal playing a crucial role in Rajnikanth’s Sivaji directed by Shankar? Sources close to the actor confirms that Shankar and Rajnikanth had spoken to the actor about this “great role” in Sivaji, where he gets enough screen space with the superstar.

It seems that this role was originally meant for Amitabh Bachchan, a close friend of Rajni, who fell sick and is now not in a position to give dates as he has to complete his Bollywood assignments and KBC-2, which are his priorities.

And now this coveted role has gone to Mohanlal whom Shankar and Rajni rates as a “fantastic actor who has awesome screen presence and super-reach among the masses”. Rajni-Mohanlal combination is a casting coup and a win-win situation at the box-office.

Remember that two of Mohanlal films like Thenmavin Kombathu and Manichitrathazhu were remade by Rajnikanth as Muthu and Chandramukhi in Tamil. And there are rumours that Sivaji itself is a mixture of an old Mohanlal hit Naduvazhikal and the recent Natturajavu, though Shankar has denied it!

Meanwhile when contacted, Mohanlal who is off to US this Saturday (Dec 17) with buddy Priyadarshan for a 20-day holiday, neither denies nor is willing to confirm this news about his role in Sivaji. He is currently very busy with two films and the release of his latest film Tanmatra in Malayalam for Christmas.
[/tscii:444c6737d3]

Thiru
20th December 2005, 12:28 AM
Reversal of roles
IndiaGlitz [Monday, December 19, 2005]

Tamil movies, which have been dubbed and released in Andhra Pradesh, have been receiving good response at the box-office. The likes of Chandramukhi, Anniyan and Ghajini are few examples.

Now taking a leaf out of that,actor Vijay too has decided to test waters in Tollywood.

One of his films, which was released about three years ago, Bhagavathi, has been dubbed into Telugu. It will be released this Pongal.

It is interesting that Vijay is known to do Tamil remakes of blockbuster Telugu movies.

This time he has chosen to dub his Tamil movie in Telugu. So the roles have been released.

Meanwhile, his other successes like Tirupachi and Sivakasi are being remade in Telugu with different actors.

Vijay himself is doing Athi that is a remake of a Telugu hit.

Thiru
21st December 2005, 01:08 AM
[tscii:87226c6e5d]Vijay’s dad with Ajith, Vikram or Surya.
December 20, 2005

Vijay’s father, S.A. Chandrasekar was a popular director and has about 60 films under his belt. He has turned producer with Aadhi which is shaping up fast for a Pongal release. The team is now in New Zealand shooting for songs. SAC has decided to launch his next film with Ajit, Surya or Vikram.

Asked why, he said that as a producer one should scout for good projects and cast an actor according to the story. Only then films can be convincing and have a good run. Well, well, we only hope he takes his pearls of wisdom seriously and comes up with a good project with any of the above who are a in direct race with his son.

Looks like SAC wants to do a favor to his son :wink: [/tscii:87226c6e5d]

gorgeous gaayini
22nd December 2005, 03:08 AM
http://e-sales.ac/ayngaran/

Check this website out guys!!!!

all for x-mas!!! its great!!!!

i'm going to ayngaran 2moro, have all vj movies on dnd but i need to buy rajini films, and digital isai thenral.

You can buy neli every dvd, cd for bargained price

people who will take advantage on this are:

comedy lovers
rajini lovers (buy 12 rajini films on dvd only pay for 7)
VIJAY lovers (buy 19 vj films on dvd only pay for 10!!!!!)(or 5 for only 34.99)
kamal lovers (buy 13 kamal films on dvd only pay for 7)
madhavan lovers (buy 13 madhavan films on dvd only pay for 7)
Kaatrullavarai,Daas,Totti Jaya,Selvam,Kundakka Mandakka buy these movies for (dvd)29.99
or
Ah Aah,Chandramukhi,Anniyan,Priyasaki,Ullam Ketkume for 29.99
simbhu fans(dvd)(buy 7 for 39.99)
vikram lovers(buy 8 vikram dvds only pay for 4)
ajith lovers (buy 13 ajith films on dvd for only pay for 7)
surya lovers (buy 10 surya films on dvd only pay for 5)
music lovers (buy digital isai thendral vol 20-30 for only 79.99)
or
vol 26 - 30 for 39.99
vijay lovers ( sivakasi t-shirt for cheaper price)
and many more
theres so much more
too long
u can buy reli hit movies for cheaper prices
SAVE UP TO 1500!

cellvi2003
26th December 2005, 06:02 PM
Shivaji shooting at Southern railways office

http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=229953&disdate=12/26/2005&advt=1

stranger
27th December 2005, 11:40 PM
"Shivaji" looks younger than "SaravaNan"! :)

This One still is good enough for "selling out of Shivaji" ! :lol:

ssanjinika
28th December 2005, 01:10 AM
Sorry thought I put this in the Film queries section..

Justice
2nd January 2006, 12:47 AM
Tamil Nadu - Chennai

Promoting South Africa for film shooting

"We have some of the best locations where one would like to stay forever. Mountains, beaches, landscapes, greenery and modern buildings all can be used in Indian films. One can get maximum concession from our Government if a full film is made in our country."

Rajendran Govender is a fourth generation Indian in South Africa. He traces his family roots to Salem in Tamil Nadu. Now the Director of Arts and Culture Development in the Government of Kwa-Zulu Natal (whose capital is Durban), he also heads Kharwastan Secondary School, Indo-South African Association and South African Malaysian Friendship Association. He was involved in the formulation of the new arts and culture policy. During his recent visit to India, Rajendran Govender spoke to S.R. Ashok Kumar on how the countries could benefit by friendship and continued cultural exchanges.

Actually, he came to India for a fortnight as part of his research on ``Ancestor worship and death rituals of Hindus and Zulus of South Africa."

"I saw a lot of similarities between the two cultures. It was interesting to note that the Hindus and the Zulus are similar in a number of aspects. That's why I came here, particularly Karnataka, for a detailed study. I stayed with the Kodavas for nearly a week to explore the activities of Coorgs and Tulu-speaking community, whose practices are similar to that of the Zulus on ancestral worship."

But that was not only his agenda in India. As a government representative he met film industry personalities here for promoting South Africa as a location for film shooting. That, he believes, can improve the bilateral ties.

"We have some of the best locations where one would like to stay forever. Mountains, beaches, landscapes, greenery and modern buildings can be used in Indian films. One can get maximum concession from our Government if a full film is made in our country. I met actor Prasanth and his father Thyagarajan, director-actor Ravichandran and his son Hamsavardhan. It was a wonderful meeting with director Adhiyaman and music director Bharadwaj with whom I discussed dubbing of their film "Priyasakhi" into Zulu."

Mr. Govender also met the educational fraternity to organise cultural exchange programmes involving students from Chennai and South Africa.

He presented a paper "Cross Cultural studies of rituals and practices in South Africa: A vehicle for national building" at the 2nd International Conference for Culture and Religion, at New Delhi.

"I can read, write and understand Tamil. I have passed matriculation in the Africkaans language and completed my basic communication [course] in Zulu."

He feels Indian films can be a major attraction in his country. "Rajnikant, whose Chandramukhi ran for 100 days in our place, has a big fan following in our country. Priyasakhi is one of the few films which got good response. So we decided to dub it in Zulu. But the films need English subtitles," he said.

Shakthiprabha.
2nd January 2006, 01:05 AM
Internationally THEY LOVE MADHAVAN. What if our ppl did not realise priyasakhi's value ZULU ppl realise it :happy: :crazy:

:SIGH: :GRIN: :OVERWHELMED:

kb
7th January 2006, 09:45 AM
Vijaykanth was admitted to hospital because of heart pain.
its feared as heart attack..

source: www.dinakaran.com

ithu heart attack vaaram :wink:

Avenger
7th January 2006, 03:33 PM
Kozhu kozhunu dishti poosanikkai maathiri irukkaaru..cholestrol athikamaathaan irukkum;ithula vaay kizhiya katthuraaru,arasiyal vera :hammer: heart attack varaathaa pinna!

Vijaykanth was admitted to hospital because of heart pain.
its feared as heart attack..

source: www.dinakaran.com

ithu heart attack vaaram :wink:

Sinthiya
8th January 2006, 01:48 AM
Internationally THEY LOVE MADHAVAN. What if our ppl did not realise priyasakhi's value ZULU ppl realise it :happy: :crazy:

:SIGH: :GRIN: :OVERWHELMED:
:D ... 8-)

Justice
8th January 2006, 02:26 AM
all I can see is a fan from Canada(well that's internationaly :lol: )

Sinthiya
8th January 2006, 02:34 AM
all I can see is a fan from Canada(well that's internationaly :lol: )
exactly :P

Thiru
12th January 2006, 10:42 PM
Battle lines drawn
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 12, 2006]

In less than 48 hours, the Kollywood will witness a stiff battle at the box office.

All battle lines have been drawn and everything is ready for one of the interesting contest.

Ajith's Paramasivan while Vijay's Aathi, Silambarasan's Saravana and Prabhu-Murali starrer Pasaakiligal are also releasing on the Pongal day (Saturday).

The advance bookings began on Wednesday at the theatres and almost all theatres where these films are getting released are wearing a festive look with avid fans decorating the whole place.

More over, a showdown between Ajith and Vijay at the box office is considered very personal by their fans. It is the equivalent of Indo-Pak clash on the cricket field.

The fans have been going around pasting posters inviting people to the theatres.

Let's hope all the movies click and usher a good beginning to Kollywood this year.

Justice
14th January 2006, 07:24 AM
E-fans felicitate SPB

CHENNAI: Fans of playback singer S.P. Balasubramaniam gathered at Kodandapani Audio Lab on January 7 to felicitate SPB on his 40th year in the film industry.

The fans, members of an e-group called spbfans@yahoogroups.com put together a photo session, a two-hour interaction with fans and cut a birthday cake for the singer's son S.P. Charan.

The fans, in association with www.chennaionline.com, plan to compile over 35,000 songs that SPB has sung in films in various languages and enter his name in the Guinness Book of Records. They also plan to hold fund-raisers throughout the year.

SPB launched www.prodigyhub.org a site through which the singer acts as a mentor for students on January 5. Visit www.spbindia.com for more information.

swathy
14th January 2006, 10:06 PM
40 years!!

really great person. His voice suits well for both Rajini and Kamal.

I really admire his simpplicity.

Ramakrishna
3rd February 2006, 05:56 PM
[tscii:eecdc561b5]S.J. Suryah now plans to make his next movie Pandigai in which he will don the greasepaint and be the leading man; the leading lady’s identity is still unrevealed. This movie will be under R.M. Movies banner, Story, screenplay, lyrics and dialogues will be by Director Perarasu, whose brother Muthuvadugu is the director of this movie.

Muthuvadugu has earlier worked under directors Shankar and also brother Perarasu.

Vijay suryava maathitaarunnu ninaikiraen.[/tscii:eecdc561b5]

James Pain
4th February 2006, 03:36 AM
[tscii:f4119c8f69]They were the NRI guests of Pravasi Bharatiya Divas held at NTR Gardens, Hyderabad few weeks before. To entertain these accomplished NRIs, the organizers had arranged a Starnite at the NTR Gardens. Shobana, Mahima, Arthi Chabriya and all danced on the floor but what attracted the NRIs was Shreya’s performance. Attired glamorously, the diva had dance tirelessly to one number after another. Shreya? Was she not on vacation from Sivaji? Of course, it was Shreya, along with her brother’s marriage ceremony, the diva had used her vacation fruitfully participating in Starnites and other ‘inauguration’ ceremonies.
[/tscii:f4119c8f69]

mani234
5th February 2006, 10:29 PM
[tscii:f4190081d9]Story of ‘Tirupati’ – exclusive news
Just listening to the story of Ajith’s ‘Tirupati’ sends a thrill through you!
Ajith

A little bit of sentiment, with a little bit of love thrown in, some comedy now and then, and non-stop action…with such a combination, director Perarasu should have a winner on screen. These four elements seen in ‘Thirupachi’ and ‘Sivakasi’ are found in ‘Tirupati’ too.
Ajith runs a sound service business in Saidapet and all the aspiring political speakers are his pals. He can speak to a minister on an equal footing. An MLA crosses the path of this guy who works with electricity. After this, the story leaps like an electric current!
His heroine Sada not only gives him her love, she also pokes fun at him. Ajith has supposedly shown in this film that he is no less an actor when it comes to comedy too. Director Perarasu throws a challenge that ‘Tirupati’ could well make Ajith a Siripathi!
Ajith, Sada
Perarasu knows how to throw in the mother/sister sentiment and draw the ladies to the theatre. He does that in ‘Tirupati’ as well. Rajalakshmi plays Ajith’s mother and Deepu acts as his sister. But the film is not to do with love for mother/sister. It is about two friends. Because of circumstances, the friend joins the side of the enemy and how friendship brings them back together forms the basis of the story line told with the usual masala by Perarasu. Riaz Khan is Ajith’s friend in the film. Used to seeing Riaz Khan usually as a villain, ‘Tirupati’ will show him in a different light.
Ajith entrance in the film is dramatic -about 60 dancers, 4 times the number of supporting actors, Bharadwaj’s peppy music and Perarasu’s ‘Tirupati vandhaa thiruppam, theepori pola iruppom…’
From the title to the climax action scenes, the brisk pace of the ‘Tirupati’ story line will keep your interest from start to finish.
For Thala’s fans, ‘Tirupati’ is just the needed feast[/tscii:f4190081d9]

Surya
7th February 2006, 07:20 AM
Ajith racing ahead
IndiaGlitz [Monday, February 06, 2006]

The success of Paramasivan has brought stardom back on Ajith.

The actor's God Father is getting ready for release to be followed by Tirupathi. Naan Kadavul to be directed by Bala will go to floors soon.

Meanwhile,buzz is that director Vishnuvardhan (Arindhum Ariyamalum fame) will be directing Ajith before this year-end. Mohan Natarajan would produce the movie.

Vishnu's Pattiyal starring Arya and Bharath has been completed and would be gracing theatres this month-end.

prasi
7th February 2006, 03:48 PM
[tscii]Vijay is `Murasu`!
By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 07 February , 2006, 11:23
Finally the suspense is over! Vijay’s next film will be Murasu to be directed by debutant Muthuvadigu to be produced by ‘Swargachitra’ Appachan.

The curtains have finally come down on the controversy after Vijay refused to do Puli which was to be directed by S.J.Suryah. Now Vijay’s choice is clear as he has given the green signal to Muthivadigu, younger brother of Perarasu to direct Murasu.:banghead:

The story screenplay dialogue and lyrics of the film will be by Perarasu who is currently busy directing Ajit’s AVM film Tirupati. Vijay’s trusts Perarasu the most among all his directors because the guy has dished out two super hits Tirupachi and Sivakasi for him.

After Aathi's “no show” at box-office, Vijay is going back to his ‘feel good fun and frolic mass movie’ from Perarasu factory. The buzz is that Perarasu will be directing the film by remote control through Muthuvadigu.

Meanwhile there are doubts if Asin will be the heroine as Ileana a new Mumbai girl is strongly plugging for the role. :roll:

RajaRam
7th February 2006, 04:25 PM
SUN TV-kku aappu?
http://thatstamil.oneindia.com/specials/cinema/specials/tv-12.html

cancer
7th February 2006, 04:52 PM
SUN TV-kku aappu?
http://thatstamil.oneindia.com/specials/cinema/specials/tv-12.html

ya its really good news.. they are biased always.. its check for them... but wil they follow???

Enigma
7th February 2006, 09:16 PM
[tscii]Vijay is `Murasu`!
By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 07 February , 2006, 11:23
After Aathi's “no show” at box-office, Vijay is going back to his ‘feel good fun and frolic mass movie’ from Perarasu factory. The buzz is that Perarasu will be directing the film by remote control through Muthuvadigu.

What a daring move by such a brave actor

James Pain
8th February 2006, 09:15 AM
[tscii:5b555d02d3]If there is one thing that the production unit of the Ajith starrer Tirupathi is talking about, it is the song that it shot recently. The song Tirupathikku Poanaa Thiruppam Varum had a huge set for backdrop and three thousand people dancing to a perfectly synthesized choreography. Ajith and Sada play the lead roles. One specialty of the film is it features no comedian. The lead pair itself does the comedy track. And it is said that Ajith’s present stature is most suitable for comedy and he is sizzling in it. For Ajith fans, this promises some out of the way entertainment.[/tscii:5b555d02d3]

great
8th February 2006, 03:42 PM
Theatre owners demand compensation from Vijay

Staff Reporter

A day's delay in `Aadhi' release caused huge loss, they say

CHENNAI: Theatre owners, who released Vijay's `Aadhi' a day after Pongal, have demanded compensation from the actor for the losses suffered by them.

Stating that a day's delay in the release of the film caused undue hardship and huge loss to them, the Kancheepuram and Thiruvallur Mavatta Thiraiarangu Urimaiyalargal Sangam said the film was not a success in the box office.

"In the past, Rajnikant, Vijaykanth , Kamal Haasan and T. Rajender have compensated when we suffered losses. But, when we made a similar request, Vijay's father and producer, S.A. Chandrasekaran, wrote a letter stating that the film had been sold to Pankaj Metha and that he or Vijay had no agreement with theatre owners."

Sangam secretary P. Kannappan said that unless Vijay compensated the loss, they would take the drastic step of deciding against giving theatres for Vijay's films.

Film clippings, songs

The Tamil Film Producers Council and the Tamil Nadu Thiraipada Viniyogastargal Sanga Kootamaippu have announced that films of 15 actors will not be given to any satellite or cable television or Doordarshan and Internet for telecast for the first three years.

In the case of other actors, such rights will not be given for the initial one year.

Though a three-minute trailer can be given to various channels, no film clippings or songs will be given.
@copyright HINDU

prasi
8th February 2006, 05:18 PM
Ajith throws out a 'Saval'

One can see the happiness on Ajith's face after seeing the successful run of 'Paramasivan' filling the coffers of theatre owners.
In that enthusiasm, he has already signed for his next film and the lucky producer is Mohan Natarajan, who had earlier produced 'Kannukkul Nilavu' starring Vijay.

Vishnuvardhan who directed hit film 'Arindhum Ariyamalum' is to direct this film. After completing 'Thirupati' , 'Godfather,and 'Naan kadavul' Ajith will start work in this new film.
Director Vishnuvardhan has chosen a title according to Ajith's present day situation. According to production circles, the choice of title will be between 'Erimalai' and 'Saval.'
:thumbsup:

prasi
8th February 2006, 05:21 PM
[tscii:34a323a22d]Ajith reaching out for the stars
By MIO Team
Feb 07, 2006, 14:49

Hero Ajith must be on could nine at the moment with his career graph touching a new level. He has earned stardom with the success of his last release ‘Paramasivan’ and a sea of opportunity has finally rushed in like never before.

Lots of good offers have come Ajith’s way of late. His long pending film ‘Godfather’ is at last ready for release and his other film titled ‘Tirupathi Naan Kadavul’ to be directed by Bala will go to the floors very soon. The news is also doing round that he is going to act in a new film within this year for producer Mohan Natarajan and director Vishnuvardhan of ‘Arindhum Ariyamalum’ fame.

The actor’s future looks bright as of now. Make hay while the sun shines Ajith!
:thumbsup: [/tscii:34a323a22d]

prasi
8th February 2006, 05:23 PM
Check it out guys the most expected top 10 movies of this year 2006!

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Topten/top10upcomingmovies/tamil-cinema-topten-upcomingmovie-10.html

mani234
9th February 2006, 10:45 PM
[tscii:88fba429c3]Is `Aathi` Vijay’s biggest flop?
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 08 February , 2006, 15:37
As we had written earlier, 2006 is turning out to be a nightmare for `Ilayathalapathi` Vijay! His home production Aathi released for Pongal has turned out to be the biggest disaster in recent times at the box-office.

If further proof is required, it has come in the form of a press conference by Kancheepuram and Tiruvallur Mavatta Thiraiarangam Urimaiyalargal Sangam (TMTUS), an exhibitors organization who have demanded compensation for the loss they have incurred by screening his Aathi.

Said Kanappan, Secretary of TMTUS: “When films of top actors like Rajni, Vijaykanth, T.Rajendar, Kamal Hassan and Mani Ratnam flopped in the past , they quietly paid us back a part of our losses as we have paid distributors high Minimimum Guarantee (MG). Normally people like Rajni sir had compensated us immediately after Baba flopped. Aathi is Vijay’s home production but the actor is refusing to compensate us”.

Kannappan says that it is more a trade practice than any legal issue. Added Kannappan: “If Vijay does not compensate now, we will move against him when his next film releases by not giving MG’s”. In fact Vijay’s dad S.A.Chandrasekharaa wrote a letter stating that the film has been sold to Pankaj Mehta and that he nor Vijay has any agreement with the theatre owners that further irked TMTUS. Says Kannappan: “How could he say that ? We not only paid huge MG but also suffered heavy loses as the film did not release on Pongal Day”!

Aathi has turned out to be Vijay’s biggest flop since Puthiya Geethai in 2003. SAC has proved again that his is unlucky when he teams with his superstar son. In fact the grapevine is abuzz with rumours that father and son has difference of opinion over mode of compensation to distributors.

In the case of theatres affiliated with TMTUS, they paid MG to a third party distributors and not Pankaj Mehta who had purchased the NSC area for a whopping Rs 3.5 Crore. Mehta later split NSC and sold it to third party distributors and is said to have made profit of Rs 1 Crore from the deal. Now everybody is washing their hands off Aathi and now Vijay has to face the music! [/tscii:88fba429c3]

Justice
12th February 2006, 03:54 AM
[tscii:6432f49c0f]Everybody supports Ajit
By MIO Team
Feb 10, 2006, 08:58

Hero Ajit is becoming hotter and hotter each passing day. His last release ‘Paramasivan’ did not do very well at the box office, and so, it has to make way for the new releases this weekend. But the grand opening has made it a hit with the distributors and theatres making reasonable profit. He has become a hot star now and the trade is supporting him in a big way, which could propel him to the top.
Everything around Ajit is turning gold these days. His much-delayed film ‘Godfather’, which was avoided like a plague at one point of time has become a hot property in the trade now. New buyers are willing to pay huge amount for ‘Godfather’. Moreover, the distributors and theaters feel that they can make profit because of Ajit’s opening power.
Opportunities have been knocking Ajit’s door like never before and it’s up to him now to either welcome the fortune or clump the door. Keep the fire burning Ajit!

© Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

:thumbsup: :notworthy: born to win

[/tscii:6432f49c0f]

nickraman
13th February 2006, 01:51 AM
[tscii:19b19aec05]Is `Aathi` Vijay’s biggest flop?
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 08 February , 2006, 15:37
As we had written earlier, 2006 is turning out to be a nightmare for `Ilayathalapathi` Vijay! His home production Aathi released for Pongal has turned out to be the biggest disaster in recent times at the box-office.

If further proof is required, it has come in the form of a press conference by Kancheepuram and Tiruvallur Mavatta Thiraiarangam Urimaiyalargal Sangam (TMTUS), an exhibitors organization who have demanded compensation for the loss they have incurred by screening his Aathi.

Said Kanappan, Secretary of TMTUS: “When films of top actors like Rajni, Vijaykanth, T.Rajendar, Kamal Hassan and Mani Ratnam flopped in the past , they quietly paid us back a part of our losses as we have paid distributors high Minimimum Guarantee (MG). Normally people like Rajni sir had compensated us immediately after Baba flopped. Aathi is Vijay’s home production but the actor is refusing to compensate us”.

Kannappan says that it is more a trade practice than any legal issue. Added Kannappan: “If Vijay does not compensate now, we will move against him when his next film releases by not giving MG’s”. In fact Vijay’s dad S.A.Chandrasekharaa wrote a letter stating that the film has been sold to Pankaj Mehta and that he nor Vijay has any agreement with the theatre owners that further irked TMTUS. Says Kannappan: “How could he say that ? We not only paid huge MG but also suffered heavy loses as the film did not release on Pongal Day”!

Aathi has turned out to be Vijay’s biggest flop since Puthiya Geethai in 2003. SAC has proved again that his is unlucky when he teams with his superstar son. In fact the grapevine is abuzz with rumours that father and son has difference of opinion over mode of compensation to distributors.

In the case of theatres affiliated with TMTUS, they paid MG to a third party distributors and not Pankaj Mehta who had purchased the NSC area for a whopping Rs 3.5 Crore. Mehta later split NSC and sold it to third party distributors and is said to have made profit of Rs 1 Crore from the deal. Now everybody is washing their hands off Aathi and now Vijay has to face the music! [/tscii:19b19aec05]

*Claps for the distributors

Now what did we learn class?

That's right. Vijay's a sore loser and he'll always be one...

Another moral: Don't remake flops

interz
13th February 2006, 04:32 AM
cha cha cha namma thalapathikku red card'aa?? avanga thalapathi nadicha hit padangal thirumalai, ghilli, madurey, thirupachi, sachin, sivakasi ellam screen panni poottu ippidi seythaa eppudi?? :evil: :x :banghead: :hammer:

selvakumar
13th February 2006, 09:13 AM
[tscii:53bbab02ce]djpak post in the locked GODFATHER thread. Thanks DJPAK AND BALA
===============================================
title is the same as the Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather, a trilogy blockbuster in Hollywood. After a film titled like that in Mollywood, and a remake in Bollywood now it is Kollywood to show the power of action and acting skills. This film was launched on the 15th November 2004. And all the cine industry were and is still surprised by the dream team which is composed. The film has a smell of a rebirth or revenge for the main leading artists who take part in it : The hero Ajit Kumar, the director K.S Ravikumar and the music director A.R Rahman. All them had spent a bad phase however their latest project are success (Paramasivan for Ajit, Saravana for K.S Ravikumar and A Aa for A.R Rahman)

After spending a irregular position in industry, Ultimate Star Ajit Kumar will soon to get the top of the stardom. His latest is hit Attahasam but the movie who really made him as the hot cake of cine industry is Paramasivan, a super hit in Tamil Nadu and overseas. So now with Godfather he is going to continue his strong coming up.

In this film, he plays a triple acting for his first time also it is the first time that an actor after Rajini and Kamal does more than a double acting. Ajit will indeed endorse the role of a father and his two sons who one plays the negative role, this one has a big hatred over his father and his twin brother. K.S Ravikumar reported many times that Ajit has simply given his best in this film, he excelled in the ability to shift from the different characters and director added that the film is going to be a blockbuster.

Though the film is much expected in the cine field, director Ravikumar keeps the story in suspense. After some inquiry by our team, we found that the story is revolving around the father Ajit and depends on him. The turning point of the movie will come in the interval when both sons Ajit will meet each other and then they will clash. The director told that the film has the right mix of romance, fights, comedy and sentiments and globally it came out well. Besides, we found that the film is a mild thriller. The film could have some shades of Manirathnam's Agni Nachathiram but with more powerful dialogues.

The other cast is composed by Asin who is becoming very busy these days and looks like to be one of the best heroines of Kollywood, in Godfather she plays of course as the heroine, a village girl with a naughty temperament; director K.S Ravikumar was impressed by his acting skills. Five Star fame Kanika plays as the mother of the two sons and so the wife of father Ajit, she is doing an unusual role for his first time: a mental affected person, a negative role; in the film, she aggressively wants to take a revenge on the father Ajit. It seems that she has excelled in it and could deserve an award. One of the best friend of Ajit in the cine field Ramesh Kanna, is also part of the cast, he plays a hospital compounder. Sujatha and Santhana Barathi play the parents of the hero Ajit. Ponnambalam, Mansoor Ali Khan, Vaiyaburi, 'Crane' Manohar, 'Cesar' Manohar, Pandu, Vijayan, Rajesh will also cast in the film.

For the technician crew, the best music director and best art director in India are present to make this movie the best. A.R Rahman has composed 6 tracks for the audio album and the background music. According to the buzz, all the songs are marvelous (for more details read the article 'Godfather audio details') .Art director 'Padmasri'Thotta Dharani has erected a fantastic dancing hall for classical Indian dance ( Bharathanaattiyam ) in Hyderabad and also a big set which cost around Rs. 2 Crores. The editor is K.Thanigachalam who was also in the Villain team, the story is written by the veteran R.Sunderrajan. Sundaram is directing the steps for the dance, one song is choreographed by Sivasankar and 'Kaviperarasu' Vairamuthu wrote all the lyrics. P.C Sriram was slated to crackle the camera ( he has already shot a duet song ) but for call sheet reason he has been replaced by Priyan, also Vijay Milton and new comer Chakravarthy handle the camera too. The producer of this film is S.S Chakravarthy of Nic Arts banner, this is the 9th time that Ajit and Chakravarthy join their hands. But for some reasons, it could be the last time that they do that. Also regarding this problem, Ajit was forced to not receive wage for the film and to finance a part of the production : Ajit should come in the crew as a co-producer for the film. And of course K.S Ravikumar is in charge of the dialogues, screenplay and direction.

The film is almost completed as the first song has to be shot during this month . Most of the shooting took place in Hyderabad ( Ramoji Film City )and also in Chennai, Kanchipuram, Mahabalipuram, Ooty.etc The trailer is currently telecasted on air in all TV Channels and Satellites and has already made an incredible expectations among the fans and audience. The audio will release on 17th February 2006 and the film will hit the theatres worldwide on the 24th February 2006.

Extra Bits :

After loosing many weights ( 14 kilos dropped within 3 month ), Ajit is all set to prove he is also a great dancer : In this movie, he is going to dance Bharathanaatiyam ( Indian traditional dance ). It has said that has excelled in it.
The house where the father is residing is wonderful : it has cost around Rs.2 Crores.
Ajit will do a role of a female, not a eunuch, but a traditional female dancer. It is just for one scene.
The father Ajit is a dance master.
Globally, Ajit would receive many claps and ovation for his mind-blowing performance.
This Godfather has no link with the American version The Godfather. KS Ravikumar has chosen this title because it fit with the character. It is not a remake.
The film, launched on 15th November, encountered many finance troubles. After many stories behind these, the film has resumed and has come very well.
The first song of Ajit takes place in a Marriage Hall.
The villan character has blue eyes (lens). Also he will appear as a policeman.
Milano Rodrigo ,a Indian tamil girl based in France will dance an item song with Ajit . She came 3rd in the “Miss India France” beauty.
The budget of the film is estimated around Rs.30 Crores : High Budget Movie.
The finance troubles of producer have been solved as actress Sridevi will make founds to finish the film, meanwhile she doesn't want her name to be published in the credits
The film will release so 14 months after its launching !

Orginal post by Bala found in another thread
[/tscii:53bbab02ce]

mani234
13th February 2006, 06:35 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/arsaregama/scan0001.jpg
GF PROMO AD!!!

selvakumar
13th February 2006, 06:41 PM
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/13022006-4.shtml

செல்வராகவனின் புதிய படம் !!

இரண்டு வருடங்களுக்கு ஒரு படம்தான் செல்வராகவனின் கணக்கு. ஒரு படம் முடிந்து அது ஓடி ஓய்ந்த பிறகே அடுத்தப்பட ஞாபகம் தோன்றும் இவருக்கு!

இந்த முறை 'புதுப்பேட்டை' ரிலீஸாகும் முன் புதிய படத்துக்கு பூஜை போட்டிருக்கிறார் செல்வராகவன். ஹீரோ வெங்கடேஷ்!

தெலுங்கு நடிகர்களின் தமிழ் காதலின் லேட்டஸ் கைதி, செல்வராகவன். ஏற்கனவே இவரது '7G ரெயின்போ காலனி' ஆந்திராவை அசத்தியுள்ளதால், பழகிய முகமாகவே அங்கு அறிமுகமாகிறார் செல்வா.

சமீபத்தில் இந்த புதிய படத்தின் பூஜை ஐதராபாத்தில் நடைபெற்றது. இதில் கலந்து கொண்டு சென்னை திரும்பிய செல்வராகவன் 'புதுப்பேட்டை' முடிந்ததும் ஆந்திரா கிளம்புகிறார். 'துள்ளுவதோ இளமை', 'காதல் கொண்டேன்', '7G ரெயின்போ காலனி' என தொடர்ந்து டீன் ஏஜ் ஏரியாவில் படம் பண்ணிய செல்வராகவனால் அதைவிட முடியவில்லை போலும். இவர் வெங்கடேஷை வைத்து இயக்கும் புதிய படத்தின் பெயர், 'ஆடாவரி மாடலகு அர்தலே வீரலே!'

பெயர் படித்து பல் சுளுக்கியவர்கள் மன்னிக்கவும். இந்த வாயில் நுழையாத தெலுங்கு வார்த்தைக்கு அர்த்தங்கள் ஆயிரமாம். பொய்யில்லை நிஜம்! 'பெண்களின் பேச்சுக்கு அர்த்தங்கள் ஆயிரம்!' என்பதுதான் செல்வாவின் புதியபடத்தின் (தமிழ்) பெயர்!

துள்ளுவதோ இளமை சாயலில் ஒலிக்கும் இந்தப்படத்தின் மூலம் தனது ஏரியாவுக்குள் மீண்டும் நுழைகிறார் செல்வா.

எதற்கும் ஆல் தி பெஸ்ட் சொல்லிவைப்போம்!

Alien
13th February 2006, 10:24 PM
Kamal Haasan, Mohanlal and Paris Hilton in the same movie?

IANS

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Well known Malayalam director T. Rajeevnath, scouting for a suitable actress to play the title role in his film on Nobel Peace laureate Mother Teresa, has sent feelers to American actress Paris Hilton.

"My agents in California have contacted Paris Hilton," Rajeevnath told IANS.

The director said he was impressed when he read a report sometime ago in which the hotel heiress said she had refused to pose nude in Playboy magazine and decided then to shortlist her.

The English film will be mostly shot in West Bengal and in several foreign countries.

"The preliminary script has been readied with help from scriptwriter John Paul," the director said.

Rajeevnath, 54, has won a national award for direction, besides quite a few international awards. His popular films include "Moksham", "Janani" and "Thannal".

"Mother Teresa" will be his 11th commercial film and he has already sold this idea to a few international production houses including the US-based First Serve International.

"I am leaving for the US early next month to finalise the producer. A few production houses have evinced interest in producing this film. The budget is expected to be in the range of Rs.500 million to Rs.600 million," he said.

"Although there are several actresses willing to play the role of Mother Teresa, the most widely respected and loved person, the history of the actress who is finally chosen for the role would have to be analysed thoroughly before she is chosen," said Rajeevnath.

"All those whom I have contacted have agreed to do their bit to help me in this film. The cast includes Mithun Chakravarthy, Kamal Haasan, Mohanlal and several others. Veteran cameraman Santosh Sivan has also been roped in. The Ramoji Rao Film city has pledged full support for the venture," added the veteran director.

Among the specialties of the film would be the character of former West Bengal chief minister Jyoti Basu, whose association with Mother Teresa is well known.

"The proceeds of the film would go to the Missionaries of Charity. By June this year, the groundwork for the film would be complete and I propose to begin shooting in early 2007," said the director.

Rajeevnath expects to get the blessings of the Pope for the film and also hopes to sign in sitar maestro Pandit Ravi Shankar as music director.
----------------

Here is the link http://www.newindpress.com/Newsitems.asp?ID=IE420060212064304&Title=Features+-+People+%26+Lifestyle&Topic=0

Paris hilton as Mother theresa :oops: :oops: :rotfl: .... donno what to say ? :roll:

great
13th February 2006, 10:27 PM
even i read the news regarding paris hilton as therasa :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: no words to say :x :x :x :banghead:

Alien
13th February 2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah me too :oops: :oops: :rotfl:
BTW that isn't from tamil cinema, so I've posted it in Kamal thread too.....

rachel
14th February 2006, 02:17 AM
"Although there are several actresses willing to play the role of Mother Teresa, the most widely respected and loved person, the history of the actress who is finally chosen for the role would have to be analysed thoroughly before she is chosen," said Rajeevnath.

"All those whom I have contacted have agreed to do their bit to help me in this film. The cast includes Mithun Chakravarthy, Kamal Haasan, Mohanlal and several others. Veteran cameraman Santosh Sivan has also been roped in. The Ramoji Rao Film city has pledged full support for the venture," added the veteran director.

yeah.... :oops: :banghead:
and kamal. :oops: ...

cancer
14th February 2006, 09:52 AM
God father Audio releasing tomorow.. :clap: :clap:

selvakumar
14th February 2006, 02:15 PM

:clap: :clap:

kamalsurya
15th February 2006, 11:34 AM
Surya won the kalaimamani award for 2005 and vikram for the 2004...btw would like to ask those what does this award signify...is it a state award or wat??

mani234
15th February 2006, 07:13 PM
ITS FRIDAY RELEASE!!!!

sgokulprathap
16th February 2006, 10:17 AM
Download links for Godfather songs:
Only two songs are available now. Please use this for evaluation purpose only. Sometimes the link may not work properly. So be patient.

For video songs:
http://www.ajithfans.net/downloads/uploads/godfather/Godfather.Diwali.Video.wmv

http://www.ajithfans.net/downloads/uploads/godfather/Godfather.Kaatril.Video.wmv

For MP3 songs:
http://www.ajithfans.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=876

yosh
16th February 2006, 01:37 PM
[tscii:1f6b45bf30]Godfather audio release: Unusual posters and frenzy fans February 15, 2006

Ajith’s fans will be in a celebration mood today. The much awaited audiocassettes of Godfather will be releasing today. In an event planned for tonight, K S Ravikumar and Nic Arts Chakravarthy will be releasing the cassettes. In fact the cassettes were originally scheduled to release last week but because of delay in recording it was put off. Distributors who had been shy of Ajith are now making a beeline to buy Godfather. It’s all due to the marginal success of Paramasivan. The promos of Godfather hard pedal both the movie and the music of AR Rahman, calling it the eighth wonder. Posters too are bigger than usual for any audio release, 24 bits! Normally twelve bits are used for such occasions. Ajith’s fans are indeed in a state of frenzy. If Godfather makes it big, there is no stopping this young crowd.
[/tscii:1f6b45bf30]

mani234
16th February 2006, 08:48 PM
KAATRIL SONG IS SUPERB MELODY WOWW

DIWALI SONG IS ALSO ROCKING!!

ARR IN THEEYIL SONG IS GOOD

THE AUDIO RELEASES TOMORROW~!!!

preview at

www.agimusic.com

Sourav
21st February 2006, 10:16 AM
"NADANTHATHU NADANTHU POCHU
NADAKKAPOORATHU THAAN INIMEY PECHU!!
ohhhhhhhhhh.... :P :)

cancer
21st February 2006, 05:02 PM
Rajini to release Tirupathi audio and leave for abroad!!*

The shooting of Sivaji is on at a brisk pace at the AVM Studios in Chennai after shifting camp from Hyderabad. Did you know that the crew along with Superstar had gone on a quiet 15-day schedule to Spain in Europe for a song sequence? The total tour was organized by a local travel operator at Purasawalkam. Folks in Kollywood are quite awed about the unexpected twists
and developments in the making of Sivaji.

Back from Spain, Superstar attended the Poi audio release and he showed no sign of fatigue at the whirlwind pace at which he is working. His son-in-law Dhanush, is also shooting for Puduppettai at the same AVM studio. So, mamanar and marumagan meet up during breaks for a chat. Also, Dhanush's wife sends him lunch and so the proud father also shared in the delicacies made by his favorite daughter.
The sets for Sivaji are extraordinary with giant guitars, violins and other musical instruments attracting attention of many. Superstar keeps a low profile and after the day's work, he changes to his trademark pyjama-kurta and dashes off home in his Ambassador 6009 escorted by the
ubiquitous commando. All the costars are also having a great time because of the relaxed atmosphere. Shankar's meticulous planning has ensured that work gets done in a disciplined but fun manner.
Vivek was also spotted in T-shirt. Shreya was also there. A few days ago, Thiagarajan, Prashanth's father came and met Rajini on the sets.

Sources tell us that for this movie Shankar is being paid ten crores and
Rahman five crores. The production cost comes to twenty crores. And guess
what, the movie has already been sold for a whopping amount, and for reasons
obvious the producers don't want to disclose the figure.
AVM Saravanan, has requested Superstar to release Ultimate Star's
Tirupathi audio, which is scheduled on or before March 15th. And Superstar
has agreed to it happily. Then, Superstar and Shankar would be off again for
a long overseas schedule for which Shankar has made arrangements already.
Guess why? Elections are round the corner in Tamil Nadu and the superstar
wants to steer clear of any controversies and speculations. You would get to
see him only on the date of voting

cancer
21st February 2006, 05:05 PM
There was a spate of releases in February to coincide with Valentine's
Day, but not a single film - except of course "Dishyum" - did well at the
box office. It is indeed a bad time for the Tamil film industry.

Here's a look at the top five:

1. "Dishyum" (Dir. Sasi): This love story between a stuntman in films and a
sculptor has appealed to the young audience. What worked for the film are
the novelty in the story and treatment, and good acting by Jeeva and
Sandhya.

2. "Paramasivan" (Dir. P. Vasu): Because "Paramasivan" is a hit, there is a
lot of excitement in the market about Ajith's next release "Godfather", a
film everybody thought was dead! "Godfather" has Asin, the most happening
actress of today.

3. "Idhaya Thirudan" (Dir. Saran): This romantic action film from K.
Balachander's banner Kavithalaya has Jeyam Ravi and Kamna Jethmalani in the
lead role. But what Saran has served is old wine in old bottle and no wonder
the film flopped. Bad time for Jeyam Ravi!

4. "Sandakozhi" (Dir. Lingusamy): Films that came after "Sandakozhi" have
disappeared but it is still doing good business.

5. "Kodambakkam" (Dir. Jagganji): Everybody expected this film with unknown
faces to disappear the way it appeared but the novelty in the story - about
the film industry - has made it an average success.

great
22nd February 2006, 08:17 PM
Kannathil muthamittal this week on sun @ 5.30 :clap:

Tirupathi
22nd February 2006, 09:30 PM
Ithu oru news a?

Ramakrishna
22nd February 2006, 09:36 PM
Ithu oru news a?

pinna Thirupaachi TVla pottaa thaan newsa?

Renault
22nd February 2006, 09:52 PM
Rendum wastee (thirupacchi and Kannathil..) what's so exciting here?

great
22nd February 2006, 09:54 PM
Rendum wastee (thirupacchi and Kannathil..) what's so exciting here?

for u everything is waste :? nothing can be said :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

mani234
25th February 2006, 08:51 AM
[tscii]`Tirupati`- Hot! Hot! Hot!

AVM’s Ajit-Sada starrer Tirupati directed by Perarasu is turning out to be the hottest film in the trade. All areas of the film have been sold at record prices and theatres in Tamilnadu are willing to pay huge MG’s for the film releasing on April 14!

What makes Tirupati red hot? It is AVM, Perarasu and Ajit in that order. Remember that AVM is the producer of Rajnikanth’s Shankar directed Sivaji for which business is yet to start.

So those who buy Tirupati feel that they will be given priority preference to acquire Sivaji rights! Madurai Anbu a top financier and distributor in Madurai area has brought the Chennai city rights of Tirupati for a whopping amount, a new record for an Ajit film.

Abbas Bhai, close friend of Yash Chopra and a leading Hindi film distributor for 30 years and owner of Melody theatre in Chennai has purchased the crucial NSC area of Tirupati for an unheard price. Earlier Abbas had procured the Chennai city and NSC rights of Vetayadu Vilayadu, making his entry into Tamil film distribution.

Director Perarasu is the most sort after director in Tamil films after the super success of Tirupachi and Sivakasi. And Ajit has proved once again with Paramasivan that he is still the
‘King of Opening’.

rachel
25th February 2006, 02:25 PM
. "Idhaya Thirudan" (Dir. Saran): This romantic action film from K.
Balachander's banner Kavithalaya has Jeyam Ravi and Kamna Jethmalani in the
lead role. But what Saran has served is old wine in old bottle and no wonder
the film flopped. Bad time for Jeyam Ravi!

floppaaa :shock:

yosh
27th February 2006, 07:00 AM
Thala's blockbuster Paramasivan celebrates 50th day this week in about 156 screens throughout TN (including 11 screens in Chennai district)!

Compare this with records claimed by Rajinifans Dot Com :

Arunachalam(1997) - 50th day - 122 screens

Baba(2002) - 50th day - 107 screens

Muthu(1995) - 50th day - 94 screens

Thalabadhi(1991) - 50th day - 85 screens

Badsha(1995) - 50th day - 80 screens

Veera(1994) - 50th day - 71 screens

Uzhaippali(1993) - 50th day - 44 screens

yosh
27th February 2006, 07:03 AM
Godfather on June - Saturday, February 25, 2006 at 22:35
Godfather on June :

All fans are hardly confused about Godfather release : Will it release as predicted on March 2006? Actually it is not so easy as one song ('Illamai' )has to be shot. The fact is that now, Ajit is on the sets of Tirupathi and soon during March, all the shooting will end. Ajit is having a thick moustache in that film while in Godfather he is totally shaved. 'Illamai' will be the intro song of Ajith ( Son )so it is totally important to not dropped that song. Moreover, all songs by Rahman are chartbusters. If Ajit will shoot that song, he must shave his moustache but the actor don't want to do it as he will appear with a fake moustache in Tirupathi so the get-up won't be real.

The solution came finally with AVM - Ajith - SS Chakravarthy. Thala gave 4 days call sheet for Nic Arts only on April after finishing Tirupathi which will release on 14th April. Tirupathi and Godfather must release at least with a gap of one month. Besides, now Ajit become the hot cake in Kollywood with his blockbuster Paramasivan doing well and Tirupathi will be probably become an other hit. So, to not disturb the collections of the movie, it has decided that Godfather will release only in MID JUNE. This is the confirmed report from Nic Arts Office. Tirupathi Audio will release by March 17 by AVM Audio and Superstar Rajinikanth accepted to attend the audio launch function. Meanwhile ARR will go for DTS Mix to Canada for Godfather in the 1st week March.

'Theepori' Tirupathi is Coming Soon - Aaanal Parakum Padalgal in Mid March.

rachel
27th February 2006, 10:07 AM
Besides, now Ajit become the hot cake in Kollywood with his blockbuster Paramasivan doing well and Tirupathi will be probably become an other hit. So, to not disturb the collections of the movie, it has decided that Godfather will release only in MID JUNE.

:clap: :D

terminator
27th February 2006, 02:15 PM
[tscii:d7a6244f7a]`Godfather` postponed! ::: Sify
Ajit’s K.S.Ravikumar directed Godfather which has been long in the making was in the news recently after its promos started appearing on channels. The film supposed to release on February 24 has now been postponed!

Last Friday night, music director A.R.Rahman, Crazy Mohan and Ravikumar watched the entire film at the director’s home theatre in his office at West Mambalam. Those who saw the film including Rahman says that it has shape out extremely well. Rahman has started the re-recording which will be complete by the end of this week. However a song is yet to be canned.

The trouble is that, there is an agreement between Ajit, AVM and the Tamilnadu film distributors federation that Godfather can only release 50 days before or after the release of Tirupati scheduled on April 14. February 24 was the cut-off date and does that mean that Godfather will release only in June?

But Balasubramaniam, the Coimbatore based distributor and satellite rights holder of the film says: “Come hell or high water, we will try to release the film by March 17 as Crores are locked in the project. I saw the rushes of the film which is outstanding and is a sure super hit”.

Now Godfather distributors are putting pressure on Ajit and AVM to postpone Tirupati to May 1, the actor’s birthday. But AVM is in no mood to oblige as elections are due in Tamilnadu in the first week of May. [/tscii:d7a6244f7a]

cancer
2nd March 2006, 05:32 PM
[tscii:e453f82f40]Kamal’s new avatar
- 02.03.2006 Kamal is calm before the storm. Now that ‘Vettaiyadu
Vilayadu’ is complete, Kamal is going to take his avatarams…the very thought is
inspiring!
Hotnews!
Prithviraj – Jyotika under Radha Mohan’s direction Kamal’s new avatar Threat
to fast in front of Producers Association adds to woes ‘Maya Bazaar’ in
animation Actors Association bans interviews by actors/actresses
Producers at Commissioner’s office 'Sudesi' story -Vijayakanth corners chief
minister I won't act in 'Jambavan' - Nila's sudden change of mind Abhishek
and Aish sizzle at Filmfare Awards more...

As a police officer in ‘Vettaiyadu Vilayadu,’ Kamal looks a little heavy in
build. After a long time, Kamal has acted in a film with no change in get-up.
So, it will be a real feast for the eyes to see Kamal in 10 different get-ups in
his new venture ‘Dasavataram’ that will be a comedy film. Kamal, Sujatha and K S
Ravikumar are engrossed in story discussion for this film.

There is an unconfirmed report that there will be only 4 heroines to the 10
roles. One is Vidya Balan. Nayantara was also approached. Unfortunately, she did
not have free dates, so she sadly had to decline the invitation.
One of the important roles Kamal is going to take in ‘Dasavataram’ is that
of Ajith! He plans to go on a terrific diet to look slim like Ajith for that
role. Before that, roles where he has to be fat or heavy, will be shot and then
he will go on diet to get slim.

K S Ravikumar plans on a Diwali release of ‘Dasavataram.’ Since he wants to
overtake Rajini’s ‘Sivaji’ and also avenge the ‘Jakkubai’ disaster, he will
definitely be giving his extra best in the making of ‘Dasavataram.’

‘Sivaji’ or ‘Dasavataram’? Kodambakkam is betting on what could be greater!
source - http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/02032006-2.shtml?1

[/tscii:e453f82f40]

cancer
2nd March 2006, 05:35 PM
Sivaji audio on March 10th? AVM Saravanan
clarifies!! March
02, 2006

It was a misleading report carried by a popular
Tamil daily today. Fans were excited to read that
Superstar would be releasing Sivaji audio on March
10 and that he would attend the function to be
held at the AVM Auditorium at Saligramam. Producer
AVM Saravanan has clarified that only Tirupathi
audio would be released on March 10 and the Superstar
has agreed to be the chief guest of the function.
Rajini had requested that no political personalities
should be invited and only cinema dignitaries
should be allowed. Saravanan has agreed to the
request.

cancer
2nd March 2006, 05:40 PM
[tscii:125562c3e5]Ban imposed: Cool Vijay is busy planning Murasu March 02, 2006

As already reported by us Suriyan Arts of S A Chandrasekharan may have settled with distributors saying that they would compensate for the losses by their next flick. The theatre owners are up in arms now.

Yesterday, the executive committee of the Tamilnadu Film Exhibitors’ Association passed a resolution that until the financial loss incurred by 140 theatre owners who suffered opening day losses to the tune of Rs.3 lakhs, was compensated fully, the owners would not screen any more films of Vijay or those produced by his father, S.A. Chandrasekara.

They had paid huge MG (Minimum Guarantee) and they wanted only the opening day collections repaid because release of the film was delayed by one day. They lamented that SAC was showing a stubborn attitude and was not ready to negotiate. Meanwhile, Vijay is busy planning his next film, Murasu. Hope things fall in place just in time.
[/tscii:125562c3e5]

yosh
3rd March 2006, 01:47 PM
Embargo on Vijay's films
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, March 02, 2006]

The problems for Vijay due to the late release and the failure of Aathi is continuing.

It maybe recalled that the theatre owners had requested the producer of Aathi and Vijay's father S A Chandrasekharan to compensate the losses of Aathi. As there was no response to their request, the Tamilnadu Exhibitors Association on Wednesday passed a resolution stating that they would not screen any movies starring Vijay in future until they are compensated for the losses.

Speaking after the executive council meeting of the exhibitors association, its president Annamalai, said, 'we paid huge sums as MG (Minimum Guarantee) to screen Aathi. Unfortunately the producer failed to get the movie released on Pongal day. It resulted in huge losses for us. A total of 140 theatres in Tamilnadu suffered losses between Rs three and Rs five lakh respectively. Efforts to have them compensated by the producer failed miserably. It is the fault of the producer which resulted in its delay. Hence we have decided to stop screening any more Vijay films in Tamilnadu in all the 1800 theatres until the compensation for the opening day's loss are settled'.

icemansiva
3rd March 2006, 02:01 PM
Appan Panna Thappula, Kettu Pona Paiyan Vijay...

nickraman
4th March 2006, 08:44 AM
*Cheers to the TFEA

yosh
6th March 2006, 06:07 AM
Tirupathi song available in Ajith Fans Club[http://www.ajithfans.net/tiru.l]
[/url]

yosh
6th March 2006, 07:36 AM
[tscii:919e9282cd]Top 10 heroes of February. Who is the No.1?
Earnings, talents, attitude, connections, fan groups, style, business at box-office or cut outs—what is it that makes a hero the No.1 in the Tamil industry? It is difficult to say for the heroes who enjoy the top position combine a mix of these.

Who are the top ten heroes in Kodambakkam today? Forget Rajini or Kamal; they have become living legends. Behindwoods takes a look at Kodambakkam’s top ten heroes for the month of February. The ratings will change accordingly for the next month.

Criterias and factors considered:
1) Theatre reports. Movie Openings of the actors.
2) Last two movies of the actor. The future two projects of the actor.
3) Public survey.
4) Minimum Guarantees for the movies. Salaries of the actors

Who is the Numero Uno? It is none other than Ajith. Ajith? The guy who had no hits last year? The guy was only hibernating as it were. Paramasivan, the only Pongal hit sends out a clear signal that Ajith is a sleeping giant. No papa to prop him up, no cinema Godfather to help him out, this man made his way himself. Maybe, his mind was distracted by car racing, but then, he is back with redoubled verve and fervour. Expectations are great of his Godfather and Tirupathi. If these turn out big hits, Ajith is here to stay and rule. :clap:

Source : www.behindwoods.com[/tscii:919e9282cd]

Raikkonen
7th March 2006, 10:02 PM
Tangachikku eppavume damastan...

cucushock
9th March 2006, 05:48 PM
cucushock s new movie

Navin
11th March 2006, 01:25 PM
[tscii:4275069fd3]Election fever!
By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 11 March , 2006, 09:49
The election fever in Tamilnadu has slowed down the Kodambakkam film industry as releases are coming down to a trickle. Big movies are trying their best not to have release during this period as some of them will make it to the theatres only after May 8 (Election Day).

Most of the superstars like Rajnikanth, Kamal Hassan, Vijay and Vikram are also trying their best to be out of the state during this period. Rajnikanth wants to shoot for Sivaji in Japan at this time and is also avoiding any people contact as politicians want to be seen on the same stage with him!

Kamal is planning to go to US to take a close look at the latest make-up technologies for his forthcoming film Dasavatharam. Both the actors are particular not to be seen or identified with any political outfit even with their own colleague Vijaykanth’s DDMK.

The only big April release is to be Ajit’s Tirupati with Vetayadu Vilayadu and Puthupet, likely to be postponed to May end. There is a feeling that people are more interested in election alliances and talking about politics than movies, as the election bug will hit the state by mid-April when campaigning will be in full swing. [/tscii:4275069fd3]

m_23_bayarea
12th March 2006, 09:54 PM
Sarathkumar hurt as stage collapses

Saturday, 11 March , 2006, 23:01

Tuticorin: Tamil film actor and DMK Rajya Sabha member R Sarathkumar escaped with minor injuries when a overcrowded stage on which he was addressing a meeting of his fans association collapsed in Tuticorin on Saturday night, causing a mild flutter, police said.

Police made a lathicharge to disperse the crowd which turned panicky after a transformer near the stage burst when some poles supporting the roof of the stage fell on it, snapping power supply, they said.

The stage collapsed as it was occupied by around 50 persons at the time of the incident.

Besides Sarathkumar, a few others were also hurt.

terminator
15th March 2006, 12:06 PM
[tscii:2b4fc5a6e1]`Tirupati` audio gets an opening!

`Ultimate star` Ajit is the actor with the best opening in Kollywood after Rajnikanth. And now he has even got an opening for the audio of his new film! His Tirupati audio which hit the music shops early on Tuesday (March 14) morning were sold like hot vadas!

According to a spokesperson of a leading music shop : “We were taken aback with the crowd that had come to buy the audio of Tirupati in the morning and by evening we had to place more orders with the audio company”!

Added Sanjay Wadhwa of AnAK audio who are marketing Tirupati: “Yes, the audio sales has taken a great opening and we have already started getting repeat orders as dealers have demanded for more, which has not happened in recent times”. Wadhwa refused to give figures on the sales as to how many cassettes were sold.

The music of Bharadwaj is typical mass masala type. The introductory song ( shot in typical Perarsu style) “Tirupati Vandha….” sung by Shankar Mahadevan was screened for the audience at AVM preview theatres. Out of the six songs all five are fast numbers which are sure to please Ajit fans.

Ajit was the connoisseur of all eyes at the launch with his Latino looks in a blue jeans, white shirt and ponytail. Director Perarasu, Sada, Bharadwaj , AVM Saravanan and his son Guhan were also present at the audio launch. [/tscii:2b4fc5a6e1]

Raikkonen
17th March 2006, 08:28 AM
Yerkanave pala tadavai inge post panna news a thirumba post panna ungalai....
Perarasu padathule nadikka vaikkuren paru..

Ramakrishna
21st March 2006, 10:10 PM
Saturday "Raam" on Suntv

Raikkonen
21st March 2006, 10:11 PM
ithellam oru newsah..
Itha newsunnu sonna ungalai Murasu le hero vakkidanum...

Ramakrishna
21st March 2006, 10:13 PM
ithellam oru newsah..
Itha newsunnu sonna ungalai Murasu le hero vakkidanum...

Naa ready.Oru entry kidaikum.Appdiye Manirathnam, Shankar, Bala, Selvaraaghavan padathule nadichi oru superstar aayidalaam.Neengathaan intha hubla enakku threads aarambikkanum. :D

Raikkonen
21st March 2006, 10:15 PM
Padatu peru Periyanayakapalayam....
Heroine Jothika..

Story athu ethukku

Ramakrishna
21st March 2006, 10:16 PM
Padatu peru Periyanayakapalayam....
Heroine Jothika..

Story athu ethukku

Ennayum Vijay maathiri ninaichitiya :wink:

Raikkonen
21st March 2006, 10:18 PM
Ipdi sonna ungalukku Jothika Kidayatu..
Gadhimathi tan

Ramakrishna
21st March 2006, 10:19 PM
Ipdi sonna ungalukku Jothika Kidayatu..
Gadhimathi tan

:cry: :cry: (Jyothika ku Gandhimathi ye better :wink: )

Raikkonen
21st March 2006, 10:21 PM
Adappavi....
Vutta settupona Silk Smitha koda betternu solluveemgappa

Ramakrishna
21st March 2006, 10:22 PM
Adappavi....
Vutta settupona Silk Smitha koda betternu solluveemgappa

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ok bye

Raikkonen
21st March 2006, 10:24 PM
Bye

girishk14
6th April 2006, 02:43 PM
Anyway, Miss/ Mrs Raikkonen, who is that in your avatar. I have never seen such an actress before...Sorry for my ignorance

terminator
6th April 2006, 03:05 PM
[tscii:13e8a15b98]
Testing time for Ajit
Tirupati is now ready for release on April 14. It is Ajit’s most crucial film and it has to be a hit for his viability as a superstar.

The market rumours is that AVM has sold Tirupati for Rs 10.60 Crore, including all rights. They were able to sell it at high rates thanks to their next film, Rajnikanth’s Shankar directed Sivaji!

A lot of distributors who purchased Tirupati like Madurai Anbu are hoping to get a preference when Sivaji is marketed. Producer P.L.Thenappan has brought Ajit’s next film from its producer and director Bala for Rs 13 Crore on first copy basis!

The moot question here is that if Tirupati a mass masala could fetch only Rs 10.6 Crore with AVM’s backing, can Thenappan sell his Bala film for more? Tirupati has to be a super hit for Ajit’s Godfather also to see the light. So a lot rides on Ajit and his Tirupati.
[/tscii:13e8a15b98]

VENKIRAJA
7th April 2006, 08:59 PM
well.for an ajith news there has to be vijay's
its gossiped that murasu has been dropped due to perarasu's firefly oration at the audio-release regardingly-"thiruppathi will be a hit twice as big as sivakasi&thiruppachi put together"
another bit news
a film enacted only by 2 people called BY2 is shot at a faals at kerala
any news on april releases(plz dont find that in behindwoods.com-they've listed abt 10 filmz,baah)

Kadavul
11th April 2006, 09:42 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-01/08-04-06-tamil-actress.html

interesting.

Ramakrishna
11th April 2006, 10:49 PM
On April 14th, Friends at 11:30 am and Kaadhal at 6:00PM on SunTV

great
11th April 2006, 11:11 PM
VASEEGARA AND KANDA NAAAL MUTHAL ON JAYA

swathy
12th April 2006, 09:26 AM
On April 14th, Friends at 11:30 am and Kaadhal at 6:00PM on SunTV

I have work on friday.

Kadhalla titlela enga oorai kaatuvangale :cry:

Raikkonen
12th April 2006, 09:27 AM
Thavamai Thavamirindhu Here At 14th April 2006....

Nalla nalu athuvuma santosma irukka vudranungalnnu parunga

hi
12th April 2006, 09:27 AM
KANDA NAAAL MUTHAL,

nalla movie.. ah.. anyway ingae jaya tv.. theriyadhu :cry:

hi
12th April 2006, 09:28 AM
In our local channel.. they r showing

- Maja
- thirupachi
- mayavi
- masti

bingleguy
12th April 2006, 09:29 AM
Pesaama pudhu padathayellam Theatre la release panrathukku TV laye direct a release pannidalaam !

Surya
13th April 2006, 04:15 AM
They are showing Kanda Naal Mutha? :shock: It's a brand new movie which had a SUPER RUN @ the Box Office....

Raikkonen
13th April 2006, 09:40 AM
Theyre showing Tavamai Thavamirinthu here..

girishk14
15th April 2006, 06:14 PM
Anyway, which movie, other than Tirupathi is doing well now. Have Dishoom and Thambi stopped running? Both are awesome movies...

VENKIRAJA
18th April 2006, 08:50 PM
I THINK GODFATHER RELEASE ON JUNE 2
IT'S YET ANOTHER THALA BLOCKBUSTER(PREDECESSOR THIRUPATHI)
I FEEL IT WAS THE FILM FROM PERARASU WITH A MSG ,FORGET HIS STUNT~OTHER BETTER FILM-THIRUTTU PAYALE
THEY SAY AZHAGAI IRUKKIRAI BAYAMAI IRUKKIRATHU WAS TRUE TO ITS NAME-HORRIFYING!
CHANCE ALSO FOR PACHAGUTHIRA-SOMETHING DIFFERENT YET (ESS NOT NON)SENSE

Ramakrishna
29th April 2006, 05:49 PM
Now it is Bhagyaraj's son
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, April 29, 2006]

Close on the heels of actor-director Bhagyaraj's daughter Saranya taking to the big screen with Parijatham, his son Santhanu too is ready make a foray into filmdom.

Santhanu is being launched by producer Kalaipuli S Thanu in his production venture Sakkaraikatti being directed by debutant Kaalaprakash.

The movie has musical score by A R Rehman, editing by Anthony and cinematography by James Andrews.

Debutants Ishitha Joshi and Sibi would be playing the female leads in Sakkaraikatti. The movie would hit the floors on 30 April (Sunday).

Thanu known for his grandeur has come out with a grand and huge invitation for the movie's launch.

Quite appropriate to the title, the invitation carries with it sugar cubes.

Get ready to welcome Santhanu Bhagyaraj.

r_o_j_a
4th May 2006, 05:37 PM
Hrithik Roshan in Chennai - an interview with pictures

His stars are shining under the production of his father and music by his brother :lol: . Besides Hindi audience, Hrithik now plans to become the sweet heart of the Telugu and Tamil audiences too. :?

Rakesh Roshan is producing his film 'Krrish' for his son and this will be produced in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. :x

The song release function (Tamil version) took place at Radisson Hotel near Meenambakkam in Chennai. Hrithik had accompanied his father to attend the function. :P

"This is my second visit to Chennai. I am especially pleased with it because the film 'Krrish' is made ready in Tamil.

The Tamil audience enjoys my films. I too would like to speak in Tamil and act in Tamil films. But there is this language barrier. "Krrish' is the second part of the film 'Koi Mil Gaya'." :roll:

Lol don't think tamils will like to see a matrix style masala film!

VENKIRAJA
8th May 2006, 12:57 PM
THALA READY FOR NAAN KADAVUL FOR BALA, SHOOTING UNDERWAY IN PALANI &SIMILAR LOCATIONS,HE PLAYS AS A SINGER,AFTER WHICH HE ACTS ONE FILM EACH FOR DHARANI,SELVARAGHAVAN,SEEMAN,ALSO PERARASU(BANNER:AVM,AGAIN),EVEN SHANKAR(ROBO)

Surya
19th May 2006, 09:36 PM
That one chick commited Suicide. :o :cry:

ramky
20th May 2006, 04:30 AM
That one chick commited Suicide. :o :cry:

Which one, in which film ? :roll: or, r u refering to Shradha the tv actor ( "kolangal" ) who committed suicide ?

Surya
20th May 2006, 05:08 AM
sharadha....:(

Priyankak
23rd May 2006, 12:20 AM
Wedding bells for bell's daughter
IndiaGlitz [Monday, May 22, 2006]

Veteran comedy actor Goundamani will become father-in-law soon. The popular comedian of late 80s and early 90s had won for him a place in industry, thanks to his quick wits

After a long gap, he surfaced back in Kollywood with Suyatchai MLA acting along with Sathyaraj.

Goundamani will become father-in-law this June.

On 16 June, his daughter will enter the wedlock with a software professional. The wedding would be held in Chennai on 16 June in which who's who of Kollywood are expected to take part.

sgokulprathap
23rd May 2006, 03:34 PM
Best wishes to Goundamani. Soon he'll become grandfather.

ssanjinika
23rd May 2006, 07:50 PM
His daughter is getting married only now??Isnt he in his 70s??

rachel
26th May 2006, 12:26 PM

it's his 7th daughter...

nms
26th May 2006, 05:35 PM

it's his 7th daughter...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

ssanjinika
26th May 2006, 07:11 PM

it's his 7th daughter...
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Thirumaran
26th May 2006, 07:13 PM

it's his 7th daughter...

8-) :clap:

:thumbsup: @ koundamani :lol2: :mrgreen:

great
26th May 2006, 07:17 PM

it's his 7th daughter...

I dont think so :x :x :x unnoda poikku azhavae illama pochu :banghead:

ansa400
27th May 2006, 02:18 PM
[tscii:a8dfc72841]http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14214023

Arya bags Bala film!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 27 May , 2006, 09:51

In a sudden twist to the Njan Kadavul drama; Bala has signed Arya for the lead role in his ambitious project. After getting a narration from Bala, Arya it seems has agreed to give bulk dates without blinking an eyelid!
Actually Arya was Bala’s first choice after Ajit left the project, but the actor had an earlier commitment with Saran. It was then that Narain stepped in, though producers and distributors were not too happy. Arya is said to be very excited about working in a Bala film. Bala will choose a producer in two days time and Bhavana will be the heroine.

Now Arya will be shooting for Saran’s project in July and August and then join the Njan Kadavul sets by September.

Saran who is writing the script of the film in Kodaikanal has also agreed to Arya’s request. And now, Njan Kadavul is turning hot in the trade as distributors are happy. They say that the script is powerful and will suit Arya’s tough and rough screen image.

[/tscii:a8dfc72841]

rachel
27th May 2006, 02:30 PM
Now Arya will be shooting for Saran’s project in July and August and then join the Njan Kadavul sets by September

good luck arya 8-)

Raikkonen
29th May 2006, 08:04 AM
2010 kulle release ava en vazhtukkal

rachel
30th May 2006, 03:48 AM
2010 kulle release ava en vazhtukkal

eppidiyum shooting september illae start panna en vazhtukkal :lol:

VENKIRAJA
30th May 2006, 07:26 PM
athukulle aryava vittuttu aduthatha jithan ramesh-ai book seyvargal,its becoming another vv garsh!best wishes it doesnt become veerasamy.

ssanjinika
30th May 2006, 07:48 PM
I might be a bit late in asking this,but since I was away from the computer and the hub for the past few days am still asking it...
Why did Ajith walk out of this project(Naan Kadavul)?

great
30th May 2006, 08:28 PM
I might be a bit late in asking this,but since I was away from the computer and the hub for the past few days am still asking it...

The reason is not quite clear but there are rumours that both parted their ways as the movie never took off as per the schedule

ssanjinika
30th May 2006, 08:34 PM

The reason is not quite clear but there are rumours that both parted their ways as the movie never took off as per the schedule
Ohh..thats too bad for Ajith..but great break for Arya.Even if the movie is not a hit,hes sure to get noticed coz Bala's movies are like that.

great
30th May 2006, 08:36 PM
yes :D i like Bala movie 8-)

sgokulprathap
2nd June 2006, 05:08 PM
Wedding bells, finally for Selvaragavan & Sonia Agarwal

IndiaGlitz [Friday, June 02, 2006]

It seems director Selvaraghavan and Sonia Agarwal have finally decided to enter wedlock. The latter introduced by Selva in Kadhal Kondein was romantically linked with the director.

Though a section of the press had carried reports about the two getting married, the two often denied them. Meanwhile, Sonia Agarwal had reportedly not accepted any new offers for she was preparing herself for the wedding.

Finally, Selvaraghavan broke his silence on Thursday. The director, taking part in a function organized to mark the D-Cinema release of his latest offing Pudhupettai, said he would marry Sonia Agarwal this October. He said, 'after the wedding, I would direct a movie featuring Vijay in the lead role'.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/22788.html

VENKIRAJA
11th June 2006, 02:19 PM
bheema's storyline&bharatiraja's hindi film's baseline were the same.now they are modifying the former.nana patekar is to have quitted the project (bheema) and reasoned out the reason as this.(rumour or truth?)

joe
20th June 2006, 07:15 PM
Hats Off to Mamooty

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/specials/mamooty.html

kb
22nd June 2006, 08:52 PM
cheran... kalam irrungugeeraar

pengalai kavaraaamal mudi vetta maataen.. thideer nadavadikai..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Movies/mayakannadi/114774.html

VENKIRAJA
22nd June 2006, 10:03 PM
சேரனை விடுங்க சார்,படுகோரமாக இருக்கும் எஸ்.ஜே.சூர்யாவை பாருங்க.anyone guessing get-ups of dasavatharam?

Unicorn
23rd June 2006, 01:29 PM
[tscii:22495e8e8a]Ajith-Perarasu combo’s ‘Yaar Kadavul’ to counter Bala!!
June 23, 2006
Ajith Kumar

Only Perarasu would have the gumption to do it. As the Ajith-Bala controversy is raging, there is buzz in Kollywood that Perarasu has joined hands with Ajith and titled the new film as Yaar Kadavul. Tipped as the contender to Bala’s Naan kadavul, the films could be released on the same day. Perarasu would be completing Dharmapuri and might just as well start on it next. Rumors are agog that he has already penned a song, “Nee kadavula, naan kadavula, yaar kadavulda? Unnaiyum ennaiyum vazha vaikkira kadavul rasigan da.”
Tamil cinema is always known for symbolism. This might just be the beginning of a new round of battle and a vocal one at that. Watch this space for more developments.

________________--
:rotfl: :rotfl:
[/tscii:22495e8e8a]

rachel
23rd June 2006, 01:32 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Aaru
23rd June 2006, 01:59 PM
Please....O Please Tell me ur joking!! :lol: :banghead: :(

Raikkonen
23rd June 2006, 07:38 PM
Nalla velai, telugu dubbing pada style le Ivantanda Kadavul ipdi title vaikkala..

ramky
24th June 2006, 07:55 AM
Nalla velai, telugu dubbing pada style le Ivantanda Kadavul ipdi title vaikkala..

Telugu dubbing padam-na, IthuvantE DEvuda-nnu vechurupaanga!
Apram producer GOvinda, GOOOOvinda nnu paada vEndiyathu than ! :lol2:

rachel
24th June 2006, 09:09 AM

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Movies/mayakannadi/114774.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Surya
24th June 2006, 11:42 PM

:rotfl: :lol: :lol2:

Looks like he was deeply effected by Sanjay Ramasami! :lol:

Unicorn
3rd July 2006, 07:55 PM
[tscii:d5df4f0a8d]Successful 200 for Sanda Kozhi

Date: July 3, 2006

The Vishal - Meera Jasmine starrer Sanda Kozhi is completing a grand 200 days run today. Vishal is ecstatic that his action movie has been accepted so well by the Tamil audience. This movie has been a stepping stone in Vishal’s career. He is a busy young man now, with three movies in his kitty and more offers flowing in.

Vishal is at present busy shooting for Thimiru opposite Reema Sen once again. This movie is getting ready to hit the theatres by next month. The other forthcoming ventures for Vishal are Sivapathigaram and Thamiraparani. Sivapathigaram is directed by Karu Palaniappan and is supposed to be a highly action oriented film. Thamiraparani in Hari’s direction is also an action entertainer in which Nadiya plays an important role.
[/tscii:d5df4f0a8d]

solona
5th July 2006, 10:20 AM
It seem that Sarathkumar is presenting for nadigar sangam thalaivar post :roll: MP post lost pannadum vaera post theduraro :roll:

solona
5th July 2006, 10:24 AM

Ammam pa ellarum Sanjay Ramasamy agi vida mudiyuma, etho try pannrar cheran.

Surya azhagu engae :wink: Cheran charm engae :P

sgokulprathap
5th July 2006, 05:57 PM
:shock: Cheran Charm-a???

Surya
6th July 2006, 02:44 AM

Ammam pa ellarum Sanjay Ramasamy agi vida mudiyuma, etho try pannrar cheran.

Surya azhagu engae :wink: Cheran charm engae :P

:lol2: Yaaravathu Yeni Konduvaranum. :roll: :P

solona
6th July 2006, 03:52 AM
:shock: Cheran Charm-a???

Nakkal thambi nakkal (vivek avatharam eduthum unnakku nakkal pooriyalaya) Surya yeni pathatho fire engine escalator vaenum pa

kb
6th July 2006, 09:36 PM
ithula irrundhu enna theriyuthu...

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Actor/shakthi/116210.html

basketballa kaathu kammiya irruku.. innum adikanum-nu :roll:

Surya
6th July 2006, 10:08 PM
Yaaru Athu?! :? Surya's Bro-va?

solona
7th July 2006, 04:23 AM

Illai surya, PVasu's son, he sings a song in chinna thambi (thooliyilae ada vantha) that goondo payan, he will act as a hero in P Vasu's next film. Intha vaarisu tholaai thaanga modiyalaeyae!

Everyone is starting to introduce the son, the nephew, the sisiter-in-law, elder sister... ithu enga poi moodiya pogutho!

ajithfederer
7th July 2006, 04:50 AM
:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Illai surya, PVasu's son, he sings a song in chinna thambi (thooliyilae ada vantha) that goondo payan, he will act as a hero in P Vasu's next film. Intha vaarisu tholaai thaanga modiyalaeyae!

Everyone is starting to introduce the son, the nephew, the sisiter-in-law, elder sister... ithu enga poi moodiya pogutho!

solona
7th July 2006, 05:00 AM
Nalla seeringa AF, nanum PU Chinnappa vin akka paerannoda onu vitta chithappa magalaoddaya annan nathanar endru oru padathil introduce agalam nu iroukaen eppadi en idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enna kalyanam panni oru kozhandai irukku and body/face fit a vachiroukain oru anni vaesham koodava kodukka mattanga

great
7th July 2006, 08:21 AM
Nalla seeringa AF, nanum PU Chinnappa vin akka paerannoda onu vitta chithappa magalaoddaya annan nathanar endru oru padathil introduce agalam nu iroukaen eppadi en idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enna kalyanam panni oru kozhandai irukku and body/face fit a vachiroukain oru anni vaesham koodava kodukka mattanga

P.vasu or Ramanarayanan yaaravuthu intha post-a padicheengannu SOlonaku chance kudungaPa :roll:

Jupera nadipanga :o

solona
7th July 2006, 08:27 AM
Danksu Great, adura rama adura rama ethavathu oru role koduthuda poranga nu konjam bayam :roll: Paravayila appadiyavadu audience ku oru darisanam koduthidurein :lol:

Surya
8th July 2006, 02:50 AM
:lol: :lol: @ Solona!!!

kb
16th July 2006, 04:28 AM
UYIR oru padam vanthuchi illa.. title uyir bathila May*ru pera vachirukkalaam.. padama athu... :curse:

rachel
16th July 2006, 05:27 AM
:rotfl:

RATHEESHAJITH
18th July 2006, 12:38 PM
JULY 28 - ARAN & SOMETHING SOMETHING UNAKKUM YENAKKUM

AUGUST 4 - THIMIRU

AUGUST 11 - VETTAIYAADU VILAYAADU

AUGUST 18 - JILLENDRU ORU KADHAL

VENKIRAJA
18th July 2006, 06:53 PM
உங்க signature-la இருக்கிற தலைவர் படம்?

kb
19th July 2006, 12:55 AM
tamil cinema-vukku kasta kaalam aaramitchiduchi..
danushu-kku potiya..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Movies/azhaganaponnuthan/118704.html

:angry2: :frightened: :argh: :curse: :omg: :banghead: :banghead:

hi
19th July 2006, 07:42 AM

latest News on tamil cineme is the funniest to read :rotfl: :rotfl: :lol2:

VENKIRAJA
19th July 2006, 07:43 PM
ithuve funniest-aa?appo yaaravadhu s.j.suryvoda latest photovai paartha enna solvenga?

selvakumar
20th July 2006, 09:42 AM
KB machan ! :rotfl:

kb
28th July 2006, 01:09 AM
As said by a site.. the PIRATES are coming to tamil Nadu

the PIRATES OF KANYA KUMARI :evil:

vikram is goin to be the daring captain kaalimuthu (inspired from jack sparrow).
meena the meen kaari muniyamma (tamilla jack sparrow-ku heroine vendum..)
bharat and sandhya (MR and Mrs Turner)
villain is pasupathi and kota seenivaasan rao is extra effect villain

some of the evil pirates are ganjakaruppu,vayyapuri,vadivelu is in the crew of karuupumuthu(BLACKPEARL)

this film is sure to rock ur sox..

thanks.. villain for helping in deciding the starcast.

PS: this is not entirely purudaa.. but a pirate movie is sure to come with vikram in the lead 8-) 8-)

rachel
28th July 2006, 10:41 AM
UYIR oru padam vanthuchi illa.. title uyir bathila May*ru pera vachirukkalaam.. padama athu... :curse:

i saw its review on cinesouth.. :shock:

sister in law is in love with brother in law :omg:
:shock:

Unicorn
29th July 2006, 02:39 PM
'Kamal Haasan and Ajith fans' at last, some real hope
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, July 29, 2006]

Good news for Kamal Haasan and Ajith fans.

The former's Vettaiyadu Vilaiyaadu and Ajith's God Father lying in the cans for a long time in spite of their completion may finally hit the screens on 11 August.

Buzz is that the timely intervention of the newly-elected Tamil Film Producers Council has helped the producers of these solve all pending issues proving to be a handicap for its release.

The new team led by its president Rama Narayanan had detailed meetings with the producers, distributors and has worked out a deal between them.

It is said that these two films would hit the screens on 11 August.

Meanwhile efforts are also on to get films like Srikanth's Sathurangam and Vijayakanth's Perarasu get released at the earliest.

Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu features Kamal Haasan and Jyothika in the lead roles and is directed by Gowtham Menon, while K S Ravikumar directs God Father, featuring Ajith in three different roles.

rachel
29th July 2006, 02:56 PM
jeyikkapovathu yaaru :smokesmirk:

selvakumar
29th July 2006, 03:06 PM
jeyikkapovathu yaaru :smokesmirk:

Ivvalavu naal kasta patta RENDU PADATHODA Team :D :P

Thirumaran
29th July 2006, 05:24 PM
Seems like we can open VV vs GF thread :wink:

selvakumar
29th July 2006, 06:46 PM
Seems like we can open VV vs GF thread :wink:

:lol:
Exactly ! :)

selvakumar
3rd August 2006, 07:47 PM
SATYARAJ as PERIYAAR

http://gpost.blogspot.com/2006/08/blog-post.html

RC
5th August 2006, 09:41 PM
Sivakumar confirms Surya - Jyothika's marriage

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2006/augest/050806.asp

If the page does not load, try refresh button.

kb
16th August 2006, 09:42 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Movies/mayakannadi/123959.html

ivaru peru cheran.. oorla irrundhu chennai ku varum bothu nalla thaan vanthaaru.. edapatta gapla etho nadanthu epidi irrundha cheran ipidi aayitaaru :oops:

rachel
16th August 2006, 10:36 AM

Night fire 007
17th August 2006, 01:16 PM
:yes:

Aana onnu... enna thaan getup'ai maaththinaalum avaroda bag maattara style'ai maatha mudiyali appoi... :mrgreen:

:omg: :banghead:

Night fire 007
17th August 2006, 01:21 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Movies/mayakannadi/123959.html

ivaru peru cheran.. oorla irrundhu chennai ku varum bothu nalla thaan vanthaaru.. edapatta gapla etho nadanthu epidi irrundha cheran ipidi aayitaaru :oops:

Foto 11/40 paartha pinbu..enakku oru pazhaya paattu niyaabagam varhdhu....

"PATTIKKAADAA PATTANAMAA...RENDUM KETTA LETCHANAMAA..."

:noteeth: :poke:

But, koochappadaama seiyarathukkaagavae oru thadavai clap pannalaam :clap: :poke:

ramky
21st August 2006, 03:55 AM
Maddy says no

Maddy says he is not writing them. Madhavan is on a denial mode.

The romantic hero of Kollywood, who is acting in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi movies simultaneously, has denied reports that he would be penning the dialogues for acclaimed director Rituparno Gosh's film.

Click here ! (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/24603.html)

kb
21st August 2006, 10:48 PM
padam vera real life vera...

just see how vidhyasagar and trisha's mom are staring just for a handshake

http://www.isaithenral.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=42827&mode=search

Querida
22nd August 2006, 04:45 AM
:lol: @ kb!

probably cause vid looks like he's bored out his mind...and Trish is not sure whether to shake his hand or shake him awake :lol: :P just little joke don't i'm sure they really are just to busy being talented to do a publicity stunt.

Surya
22nd August 2006, 05:14 AM

Trisha's Mom starring ok......Athu oru sort of understandable vishayam...

Vidhyasagar ethukaaka appadi look uduraru nu nenacheengala?! Ange thaan iruku doubt-u! :roll: :shock: :lol:

m_23_bayarea
22nd August 2006, 06:51 AM

Trisha's Mom starring ok......Athu oru sort of understandable vishayam...

Vidhyasagar ethukaaka appadi look uduraru nu nenacheengala?! Ange thaan iruku doubt-u! :roll: :shock: :lol:

Superb Analysis Guys !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

VS was like, "Man, get away from her !!!!" :P :evil: :x

Surya
23rd August 2006, 05:17 AM
Bay,
:exactly: :lol: :lol:

Surya
23rd August 2006, 05:19 AM
SATYARAJ as PERIYAAR

http://gpost.blogspot.com/2006/08/blog-post.html

Dinamani Wrote:

"Rahasya does an Item Number in the movie! (:omg: :rotfl: ) Athaane, Periyar-ukku Kadavulai thaan pudikaathu, Kavarchi Pudikaame irrukuma?!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

selvakumar
23rd August 2006, 07:40 PM
Dinamani Wrote:

"Rahasya does an Item Number in the movie! (:omg: :rotfl: ) Athaane, Periyar-ukku Kadavulai thaan pudikaathu, Kavarchi Pudikaame irrukuma?!"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

Surya,

The movie is supposed to depict both the sides of periyar. It is a known fact that he used to be a person who got addicted to some bad habits which is too personal !
Considering that, I would say it is fair and wont be something that comes out of the blue in the film !

If it does, movie will get a beating :(

I am expecting something like "BHarathi" out of this movie (without any commercial items). Let me see !

kb
25th August 2006, 06:49 PM
KADHAL padathula climaxla bharth-ku dupe potadhu ivar thaano-nu enaku santhegama irruku..

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/movies/movies9/lee/Lee-04.html

character vesham nadikanum-na onnu fulla mottai potuduraanunga illaina full thaadi meesai vachiruraanuna..

following SJS.. SIBI :?

kb
25th August 2006, 08:04 PM
following news shows how much fake is behindwoods..

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-06-04/25-08-06-namitha.html

SJS felt shy for a kissing scene :oops: :oops:

chennaiyil mazhai vellam vara adhiga vaaipu ullathaal.. meenvar anaivarum meen pudika sella vendam endru.. VV padathukku sellum maari vaanilai aarachi mayyam therivikindrathu :?

Surya
26th August 2006, 12:21 AM
KB,
I read that news in a tamil daily too...tamil murasu or something...:lol: I know I was like :shock:'ed too! :rotfl:

Surya
4th September 2006, 03:39 PM
[tscii:15fbc7fe27]Asin or Jo? Who is the winner?
By Moviebuzz | Monday, 04 September , 2006, 12:21
This year the south Filmfare awards are to be announced on stage like the Oscars. The function will take place in Chennai’s Nehru stadium on September 9.

It is the Lead Actor (Female) category that has created a lot of buzz. Those in the race are Asin (‘Ghajini’, ‘Majaa’) , Jyothika (‘Chandramukhi’), Sada (‘Anniyan’) and Laila (‘Kanda Nal Muthal’). Who will walk away with the best actress trophy?

Under normal circumstances it should be a cakewalk for Kalpana of Ghajini a neatly well-etched out character. But one can’t rule out Jyothika’s much talked about act as a possessed woman in Chandramukhi!

Added to that, Jo has a lot of goodwill and support from her fans who knows that it will be her last chance to win another award (She has two Filmfare awards in her showcase) and another one would be an appropriate wedding gift for her!

In the leading actor (Male) category are Vikram (‘Anniyan’), Vijay (‘Sivakasi’), Suriya (‘Ghajini’), Cheran (‘Thavamai Thavamirunthai’) and Jeeva (‘Raam’). Vikram is the hot favourite to walk away with the award!

--------------------------------------------------------------

VJ FOR SIVAKASI?! :banghead: :banghead: What is Sify Smoking?! :confused2:

VJ for Sachien.:thumbsup: that is a better movie to get nominated for! 8-)
[/tscii:15fbc7fe27]

VENKIRAJA
4th September 2006, 06:28 PM
DISCUSS MORE IN AWARDS THREAD.

Thirumaran
4th September 2006, 10:28 PM
DISCUSS MORE IN AWARDS THREAD.
neenga open panna thread anaathayaa irukarathu theriyuthu :roll:

kb
5th September 2006, 10:24 PM
ayyo kolraanga kolraanga kaaputhungo :shaking: :cry2:

Director Perarasu, who also pens lyrics in his movies, will take a new avatar in his next movie Dharmapuri starring Vijayakanth.

Perarasu has given his voice for a song in the movie that has been set to tunes by Srikanth Deva and written by him.

When asked, Perarasu says, 'Yes. In Dharmapuri, I have sung a mass song that has a strong message for the people. The song was recorded recently and has come out really well'.

Dwelling further, Perarasu, says, 'Over 80 percent of Dharmapuri has been completed. A couple of songs and a few sequences have to be shot. Vijayakanth plays a hilarious role in the movie.'

Asked whether he has also tried his luck in acting in Dharmapuri (like he did in Tirupathi), he says, 'Indeed, I play an advocate in the movie. Just a miniscule role. But would have an impact on the story. Having scalped a hat-trick in Thirupachi, Sivakasi and Tirupathi, I am confident that Dharmapuri would repeat the magic drawing audience to theatres. It's a typical Vijayakanth's film with all commercial ingredients in it'. :roll:

VENKIRAJA
10th September 2006, 03:06 PM
TM,jus i wanted to know why rajkiran was not in the nominees list,thats wat i wanted to kanow,comin 2 discuss?is he atleast in the supporting role?then who are the other nominees?

Manmadha Rasa
13th September 2006, 01:55 AM
I agree..He was awesome in TT and Sandaikozi...:roll: :?

P_R
13th September 2006, 03:12 AM
[tscii:78936afeea]
Cheran (‘Thavamai Thavamirunthai’) :shock: Filmfare doesn't even know who the hero of the movie is !!!! TT would have been nothing without Rajkiran's performance. He beats all the other nominees (including Surya,Vikram) hands down.[/tscii:78936afeea]

Manmadha Rasa
13th September 2006, 03:47 AM
Do u think Rajkiran beats Abmi, Anniyan and Remo? :huh:

P_R
13th September 2006, 03:52 AM
My opinion about Vikram's opinion is rather lukewarm. Lots of show. Rajkiran's subtle reactions, the ageing he showed in his voice and body-language was real class.

Manmadha Rasa
13th September 2006, 04:02 AM
ah..I see ur point. :)

kb
25th September 2006, 02:42 AM
[tscii:9ca0255e36]Renuka Menon is tying the knot with Suraj a software engineer working in US.

The engagement was held in Trichur, her home town in Kerala and Renuka bids adieu from films. Says Renuka: “I plan to do Fashion designing in Australia after my marriage to Suraj. The wedding will be in November”.

Renuka was spotted by director Kamal in the super hit Malayalam film Nammal as the naughty rich brat. Later she did a handful of films in Malayalam, Kannada and Telugu. Her first Tamil film was February 14 opposite Bharath and Dass in which she was paired opposite Jayam Ravi.

Her last releases were News with Kannada superstar Upendra, Pathaka with Suresh Gopi. in Malayalam and Kalapa Kathalan in Tamil with Arya.
[/tscii:9ca0255e36]

paravaala american software engineers nalla mathippu irruku.. genelia ungalukkum software engineer kattikarathukku idea irrukaa.. sollunga .. vendaam enaku mattum PM pannunga :wink:

Alien
25th September 2006, 11:45 AM
[tscii:3b19581651]
Says Renuka: “I plan to do Fashion designing in Australia after my marriage to Suraj. The wedding will be in November”.

paravaala american software engineers nalla mathippu irruku.. genelia ungalukkum software engineer kattikarathukku idea irrukaa.. sollunga .. vendaam enaku mattum PM pannunga :wink:
American maapiLLaiyai marry paNNi Australia-kku pORatha vida .... :roll: straight-a Australian maapiLLai-e marry paNNalaam .... :wink: .... :oops: ..... :wink: . pm-i inga pass paNNungO ... :P
[/tscii:3b19581651]

Hulkster
25th September 2006, 04:59 PM
America Australia nu honeymoonku poyi singapore varathai vida...pesamaal intha hougang chandraseharai kattikalam...vaazhkai muluvethum santhosam... kaaval yeppodumae :notworthy:..anuppunga PM engae

great
25th September 2006, 05:10 PM
America Australia nu honeymoonku poyi singapore varathai vida...pesamaal intha hougang chandraseharai kattikalam...vaazhkai muluvethum santhosam... kaaval yeppodumae :notworthy:..anuppunga PM engae

vaazhkaila sogam irrukalam aanaL sogamae vaazhkai agida kudathu :exactly:

kb
25th September 2006, 10:39 PM

vaazhkaila sogam irrukalam aanaL sogamae vaazhkai agida kudathu :exactly:

:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Alien
25th September 2006, 11:11 PM
:rotfl: :lol: .... So pm ingaE ... ! :D ... (as if she is reading this )

Hulkster
26th September 2006, 07:42 AM
Ungalai ellam :rant: seri paravalae...yenukkum oru beyonce knowles ellei minji pona oru bipasha basu kideikaatha enna? :cool:

kb
26th September 2006, 08:02 AM
Ungalai ellam :rant: seri paravalae...yenukkum oru beyonce knowles ellei minji pona oru bipasha basu kideikaatha enna? :cool:

NTR vanthu thalaiyilley kottuvaan :?

Raikkonen
2nd October 2006, 10:02 AM

:twisted: :hammer: :curse:

Hulkster
2nd October 2006, 05:44 PM
NTR annachi...tappa ninaichikathaenge...bipasha basu mathiri oru ponnu kadeichaalum yenakku wokay...yeppo annachikku bipasha basu pidichitho..appovae avangalai forget pennitaen.. :notworthy:

kb
4th October 2006, 12:52 AM
[tscii:241dcc58c4]next in line for tying a knot with software engineer athuvum

Looks like it is the wedding season for the stars. Following Surya-Jyotika, Arunkumar, Selvaraghavan-Sonia, Diya, Renuka Menon and Manoj-Nandana, Gayatri is entering matrimony.

Gayatari Raghuram’s father is Raghuram, the dance master. Having got introduced in ‘Charlie Chaplin,’ she had acted in films like ‘Style’ and ‘Whistle.’ She got acting opportunity in Telugu and Malayalam films too.

Three years ago she got a brainwave. Bidding goodbye to movies, she went to the US to pursue Visual Communications education. Suddenly her wedding got fixed in America. The bridegroom’s name is Deepak and he is a computer engineer by profession. [/tscii:241dcc58c4]

selvakumar
5th October 2006, 09:37 AM
[tscii:3dfe7b9797]
Says Renuka: “I plan to do Fashion designing in Australia after my marriage to Suraj. The wedding will be in November”.

American maapiLLaiyai marry paNNi Australia-kku pORatha vida .... :roll: straight-a Australian maapiLLai-e marry paNNalaam .... :wink: .... :oops: ..... :wink: . pm-i inga pass paNNungO ... :P
[/tscii:3dfe7b9797]

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Kanavu kaaNum vaazhgai yaavum
KaLainthu pogum koLangaL
:cry: :cry:

(j/k) :lol:

joe
11th October 2006, 10:29 AM
Super Star became Grandfather! :D
http://www.dinamalar.com/2006oct11/general_tn19.asp

Nerd
19th October 2006, 09:42 PM
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/south-indian-actress-srividya-dead/24359-8.html

R I P Srividya :cry:

m_23_bayarea
19th October 2006, 09:50 PM
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/south-indian-actress-srividya-dead/24359-8.html

R I P Srividya :cry:

Man, that sucks !! May her soul REST IN PEACE !! :cry: :oops: :cry:

kb
27th October 2006, 08:29 PM
new movie of selva with karthik and sandya in the lead is titled as

"ithu maazhai nerathu mayyakam" ..

summave avan apidi thaan padam edupaan.. ithula ipidi oru title :oops:

Nerd
27th October 2006, 10:44 PM
36 songs for a film

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/oct-06-04/27-10-06-ajantha.html

kb
2nd November 2006, 10:26 AM
ARUN KUMAR NAME CHANGED TO ARUN VIJAY :o :o

why is this :roll:

ranarajan
3rd November 2006, 10:00 PM
i shud go change my name to muthusamy from rana. lol..

kb
4th November 2006, 08:43 PM
Popular actress of yesteryears, E V Saroja, died of cardiac arrest at a hospital in Chennai Friday, her family said.

Saroja, 71, was survived by a son and a daughter. She had over seventy films to her credit and was paired with the late M G Ramachandran and late Sivaji Ganesan in many films in the 1960s.

Her husband T R Ramanna, a popular film director, died a couple of years ago. Meanwhile, AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa, in a statement, said she was deeply saddened to hear about the death of Saroja.

Her death is a great loss to the Tamil film world, she said and extended her condolences to members of the bereaved family.

:( :( :( :( :? bad year for old tamil cinema

kb
7th November 2006, 09:24 PM
The Telugu Film Producers council has proposed a ban on other language movies that get dubbed into Telugu. According to this post, the action has been taken to protect the interests of low budget movies and people employed in the indigenous movie industry. Tamil movies from Kamal Haasan, Rajnikanth, Mani Ratnam, Shankar, Surya & Vikram (and dubbed into Telugu) have a huge following in AP; with this ban, their bottom line could take a mighty hit.

Someone should put a thought to banning remakes from Telugu to Tamil. Not that they lack quality, but we ought to stop the trend of Tamil actors clamouring to reprint a hit Telugu script.

bulb_mani
9th November 2006, 02:29 AM
Someone should put a thought to banning remakes from Telugu to Tamil. Not that they lack quality, but we ought to stop the trend of Tamil actors clamouring to reprint a hit Telugu script.

Will Vijay And Jeyam Ravi accept that? :roll:

rachel
9th November 2006, 05:26 AM
Popular actress of yesteryears, E V Saroja, died of cardiac arrest at a hospital in Chennai Friday, her family said.

Saroja, 71, was survived by a son and a daughter. She had over seventy films to her credit and was paired with the late M G Ramachandran and late Sivaji Ganesan in many films in the 1960s.

Her husband T R Ramanna, a popular film director, died a couple of years ago. Meanwhile, AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa, in a statement, said she was deeply saddened to hear about the death of Saroja.

Her death is a great loss to the Tamil film world, she said and extended her condolences to members of the bereaved family.

:( :( :( :( :? bad year for old tamil cinema

great loss ah:? :? she is 71 now...too old to act... :?

bulb_mani
17th November 2006, 06:41 PM
Director tries acting fresh – actress screams

A director who tried misbehaving with an actress got justly beaten up.

Tarun Gopi directed 'Thimiru.' Even at that time, he's supposed to have had his eye on Shreya Reddy who acted as a vamp in the film.

Saying he had an important role for her in the next film he was going to direct, he invited her to Green Park Hotel in Chennai for discussions. The PRO Chandru is supposed to have acted as messenger and he brought Shreya Reddy to the hotel at the time agreed upon.

Tarun Gopi had already downed a few drinks and when Shreya arrived, he's supposed to have blabbered a great deal. When Shreya told him what he said had no relevance to the film story, the director is supposed to have tried making passes at her and then kiss her.

As soon as Shreya understood the man's vile intentions, she screamed and tried to escape. The hotel employees rushed to the scene and threw the director out. It is said Shreya Reddy also punched the director and took out her anger.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/17112006-4.shtml

Idhu Thevaiya :oops: :hammer:

c4ramesh
17th November 2006, 10:23 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

c4ramesh
18th November 2006, 03:19 PM
:skull: :skull: :skull: :skull: @Tarun Gopi :ashamed:

bulb_mani
18th November 2006, 03:20 PM
:lol: :lol:

VENKIRAJA
18th November 2006, 04:49 PM
pokkiri is gonna release this new year not pongal,maybe due to aadhi centiments... :lol:

bulb_mani
18th November 2006, 04:55 PM
pokkiri is gonna release this new year not pongal,maybe due to aadhi centiments... :lol:

New yeara? :shock: Is it who said so? :?

VENKIRAJA
18th November 2006, 04:58 PM
not exactly new year,the first week of january.some website mailed me,i forgot its i.d.BTW,come to litearture section mani,i've to discuss.

bulb_mani
18th November 2006, 05:05 PM
not exactly new year,the first week of january.some website mailed me,i forgot its i.d.BTW,come to litearture section mani,i've to discuss.

Tamil Literature pathi Namaku Onum Theriyaadhu :oops:

By the way there is a section in behindwoods.com titled " Write a letter to Rajinikanth" where they feel that LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI should be remade by Rajini in lead and Surya as Circuit.

Coz it emphasizes on Ghandhian principles they feel LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI should be remade with RAJINI in lead...

Honestly speaking i feel KAMAL would be best choice coz his MADRAS slang is terrific and his comedy is superb :P

VENKIRAJA
18th November 2006, 08:24 PM
in vikatan nyani gave a few choicesfor LRMB:
1.rajni vadivelu?
2.kamal prabhu again?
3.ajith ramesh kanna?
4.vijay and vivek?

whats ur pick?who must be the director?i feel for a fantasy film shankar is the best choice,if else?

bulb_mani
18th November 2006, 08:39 PM
Kamal and Surya.... not any of the above.

kb
18th November 2006, 10:21 PM
mahesh babus.. arjun is being dubbed in tamil as "varenda maduraiki"

wish all his future films are being dubbed in tamil so that remake would not be possible :D

bulb_mani
18th November 2006, 10:31 PM

wish all his future films are being dubbed in tamil so that remake would not be possible :D

KB u mean it? :? i think someone will worry about it :P

kb
18th November 2006, 10:39 PM

KB u mean it? :? i think someone will worry about it :P

:lol: true..

c4ramesh
18th November 2006, 10:49 PM
[tscii:0d545fe0f9]Sarath Kumar’s passport robbed
Nov 18, 2006
Sarath kumar

Sarath Kumar’s and Radhika’s passport were robbed in Rome. Sarath and his wife Radhika were in Rome for the shooting of Gautham Menon’s Pachail Killi Muthucharam. Along with their passports, cash amount of US $ 2500 was also robbed. Reliable sources reveal that Radhika has an open visa to England and also has a citizenship visa to Srilanka. Sarath Kumar being an Ex – MP has a diplomat passport which could be misused by the miscreants. Also Sarath has valid visas to many countries. This incident was later reported to the Indian embassy that helped in the safe return of Sarath and Radhika to Chennai.

SOURCE: http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-06-03/18-11-06-sarath-kumar.html[/tscii:0d545fe0f9]

bulb_mani
18th November 2006, 10:56 PM
sarath kumar :?

VENKIRAJA
19th November 2006, 08:05 PM
ithu ethirkatchi/aalungatchi(in whichever patry he's not in at preasent or at the time u read this)yin thittamitta sadhi!

bulb_mani
19th November 2006, 08:07 PM
ithu ethirkatchi/aalungatchi(in whichever patry he's not in at preasent or at the time u read this)yin thittamitta sadhi!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :poke:

VENKIRAJA
19th November 2006, 08:09 PM
what does that navyblue icon mean?

bulb_mani
19th November 2006, 08:13 PM
Venki u write poems? Please a write a poem on THALA and post it in THALA's thread :D

VENKIRAJA
19th November 2006, 08:51 PM
[tscii:4e8b0423c0]Dasavatharam – The Avatars Revealed! Nov 19, 2006

Dasavatharam’s shoot continues at a rapid pace and as usual, we have more news on its proceedings. Sources reveal that among the ten roles, seven roles are shot in Chennai, and three in the USA. Portions involving five of Kamal’s avatars in Chennai have already been shot.

These roles are those of a young Vaishnavite, an old man, an old woman, an army man, and an English detective. Kamal watched the rushes of these roles in his own preview theater and was ecstatic with the outcome. The unit is currently in the US, shooting the sequences involving the two roles based there. Kamal and the Dasavatharam unit would return to Chennai after the month long US schedule to complete the portions invlolving the remaining two avatars.

[/tscii:4e8b0423c0]