PDA

View Full Version : Yuvan's Puthupettai Songs

stephane
16th December 2005, 02:26 AM
Ey guyz how r Puthupettai songs .

baba88
17th December 2005, 04:48 AM
Hi,

I listened to Puthupettai songs. It's a classical Album. I don't think that it will rock India. They tried to make an album like in Hollywood movies.

The songs released on tamilmp3tracks.com

interz
17th December 2005, 06:24 AM
this is much better than Agaram songs, but i hate the kamalhaasan song. why is he singin ????

thamizhvaanan
17th December 2005, 08:52 AM
I am listening to the songs for the first time right now, sounds really good. I will reserve my judgement for later though

Pavan
17th December 2005, 01:45 PM
its a good album..but no way its going to rock india..lol...its so funny and who ever said that comment

Have heard it 3 times..will hear more couple of times and post my review of the album.

But the bottom point is even though..if songs dont become hit..it has improved yuva's creation.

But i doubt if this album will be like earlier selva-yuvan combo..but now ucant judge it fully..may be wait till movie releases

will hear it couple of times and post my full fledged review of album..

Surya
17th December 2005, 04:36 PM
Wow! I didn't even know the songs were out yet! When did it come out?

Dheenaa2
18th December 2005, 09:55 AM
I am sure this not a typical Album from yuvan.Instrumental and Lyrics are good only..But there is a major disappoinment in the album is none of the songs r melody like they played in the previious movies (Devathyai kanden,Nenjodu Kalandhidu from Kadhal Konden..and Kanakanum kalangal,Ninaithu Ninaithu from 7G).That may be the theme of story,Anyway Yuvan and selva combo did a fine job once again.

Scale
21st December 2005, 02:26 PM
[tscii:a8edf15483]No more reviews from the fans yet.

Finally heard it. Let me give a try,

Completely a different one from YSR & SR. Very Innovative & subjective tracks in the form of Gana, Rap, Hip hop, Gangmaster heros solo & kuthu. The beauty of the track is its listing & the tracks which takes you clearly thru the movie concept.

1. PP Theme: Starts good with flute followed by Orchestra, slows down at 1.26 & after few secs then diverts to another theme (form). Lacks continuity.

2.Nerrupu Vayinil: Is it KH on vocals ? :shock: . Ridiculous! :banghead: Amateurish attempt. Why is he singing for someone else when he isn’t acting in it. Is dhanush gonna act for it.. Ditto Aalavandhan style. None of MD's would have spoiled KH like this be it BW,SM (ARR in tenali injirungho is good compared). Why is he opting for such Gana songs these days if he has sung classics like "inji iduppalaghi".

3. Enga Area Dhanush in vocals. padicha naaye kitta varadha. Fight between the college guys & gangsters. I have never seen anyone using naaye in lyrical part. Enga area ulla varathe. (+) is MGR songs in the intro & Oru naal varuvar & Oru povar. Damn good! :clap:

4. Selling Dope : The Beginning . Better than the PP main theme. Gains continuity. Needs more listening..

5. Oru Naalil: Good choice of vocals by YSR himself. It will really suit dhanush and his gangster hero solo (aim). Brilliant usage of Acoustic, Electric Guitar and Violin as credited in the track list itself. Sure hit.

6. Going Thru' Emotions : Prelude Another good theme.

7. Pul Pesum Poo Pesum : Hip Hop in PP. Unbelievable. This is height of creativity. I hate the rap part. & stressing konjam konjam in lyrical parts.

8. Varriya : Heck of a track. Instantly catchy. I can bet every1 will start dancing to this track. The best I have ever listened in pettai tracks. Good use of percussions & flute.Gonna rock for sure (thanni kodam poravale...thanna na na ne). This is what I mean continuity. Right from the beginning to end is awesome. Wanna listen repeatedly. (Is it playing Ore Oru raathirikki otha savari in instruments :roll:)

9. Clash of Titans : The War Story.

10. Oru Naalil : A composer's Dream Mix . :rotfl: Fast forward of the original one. Thanks to the other composer who has been giving a different meaning for remix versions these days.

This album completely gels only with the movie not as an individual soundtrack. Considering those earlier two hits (commercially, I believe) the tracks by KH, Pul pesum, Enga area can turn out to be a moderate – smash hit. Less scope for lyricist. Couldn’t blame. Ultimately A Daring effort from YSR & SR :clap:.
[/tscii:a8edf15483]

njv
21st December 2005, 11:18 PM
this is much better than Agaram songs, but i hate the kamalhaasan song. why is he singin ????

Too many reasons - upcoming Selvaragavan movie with KH, Rajni pressure (came in news few months back) - I initially hated this song thanks to mp3s, but this sound track is pretty good with different instrumental usage - thumbs up from me after listening to the CD.

Infact all songs are good and the instrumentals and theme sound track are amazing. Just get original CD and play it in a nice speaker system and you will know the difference. This is not going to rock india but will definitely a new attempt by YSR and to some extend in tamil movie world. ARR has done similar in Hindi and IR has done in various attempts (using symphony for bgm) but first of its kind for tamil movies.

kalladicrapp
22nd December 2005, 12:56 AM
PP is the testimony for YSRs talent,maturity and innovation.The effort gone into tracks like PP main theme and selling dope is laudable,at last,we have someone who can compose the way proper musicians like Jhon Williams or Ennio Morricone do.Nationwide recognition and followers for YSR is long time due.Hope he is not gonna waste his talent signing up for senseless hindi and international projects.

s_sankarg
22nd December 2005, 02:41 PM
Hi,

People dont judge this album wtih first listen it self. Hope u like it after two or three listening. I hope will enjoy this album.

alwarpet_andavan
22nd December 2005, 06:14 PM
[tscii:b79899a09c]

2.Nerrupu Vayinil: Is it KH on vocals ? :shock: . Ridiculous! :banghead: Amateurish attempt. Why is he singing for someone else when he isn’t acting in it. Is dhanush gonna act for it.. Ditto Aalavandhan style. None of MD's would have spoiled KH like this be it BW,SM (ARR in tenali injirungho is good compared). Why is he opting for such Gana songs these days if he has sung classics like "inji iduppalaghi".

Without going into the merits(?!?) of your other points, have you ever listened to a "gaana" song before? Ever? :rotfl: [/tscii:b79899a09c]

rajasaranam
22nd December 2005, 11:12 PM
[tscii:6193820755]
8. Varriya : Heck of a track. Instantly catchy. I can bet every1 will start dancing to this track. The best I have ever listened in pettai tracks. Good use of percussions & flute.Gonna rock for sure (thanni kodam poravale...thanna na na ne). This is what I mean continuity. Right from the beginning to end is awesome. Wanna listen repeatedly. (Is it playing Ore Oru raathirikki otha savari in instruments :roll:)
[/tscii:6193820755]

Scale Dont you go to Bars and Restaurants. :) this Track is being played often over there for some time . Track Courtesy 'Remo Fernandes' In his latest album. atleast Remo had the courtesy to mention it overleaf that it is an original Nepali folk tune.
While YSR Doesnt even mention that. Atleast he shud have been innovative in Instrument usage for this track. Try listening to Remo's Version its far better than YSR's punctuated iwth variya .
A total Disappointment from my side in First listening of the album. :( 7GRC Gripped the first time I listened to. This Album lacks everything nativity, Originality etc., Its High time YSR rethink about trying to cater to the pseudo-trend which is not gonna last long.

inetk
23rd December 2005, 09:26 AM
Had mentioned this in my review as well. Its called The Flute Song...one of the most popular songs by Remo. But I really don't think Yuvan lifts directly. It merely sounds like that in phrases.

Pavan
23rd December 2005, 03:06 PM
Hope he is not gonna waste his talent signing up for senseless hindi and international projects.

Waste Talent? hahaha.

I think YSR shud go and do diff variety of films..it will increase his creativity...abd broaden his music scopes

i dont understand how u say he will waste his talent by composing for hindi and international projects..hahaha..i am stilll laughing.

i know whom your mentioning and whom you want to insult.

Remeber..If you want to explore your talents you shud go out..see outer world..learn new things.then only u will gain more knowledge.If you are going to saty at home..your knowledge is limited inside the 4 walls of your house and it has no meaning outside those 4 walls.

Its same with music..Many talented composers dont want to take risk by going national or international coz they dont want to take risk and since they dont want to leave regional offers that come..they dont concentrate in national and international level.

SO according to me..Yuvan is the only guy in Kollywood(ofcourse ARR is up there always) who has got talent to be a successfull in national level also.

He shud explore his creativity..definetly he has done something with pudhupettai..but u cant expect all the directors want this type of album frm yuva.

Wat they want is normal fast food numbers which will be forgotten in 20days the films releases.

I have praised him more i think..

Coming to my Boss..ARR..he is the one who had guts to experiment and explore his music in diff types of films.

You will not get national intergratted movies like bose and swades in kollywood....nor you will get periodic films.

I know its lengthy..but sorry...take pain to read more..

If in future something wud be shown to childrens and talked about in futre will be these type of films..so i am proud that all these films wud be associated and have ARR's name.

thats it..have more to say...but already i have typed such big..thanks for reading it patienntly.

Sundar12345
23rd December 2005, 07:19 PM
whew yet another hit for dhanush and selva from YSR. All the songs are amazing and no one can beat this guy at this rate. HATS OFF TO YSR.

Sundar12345
23rd December 2005, 07:23 PM
Yo!YO! YSR YSR. He is again out to mesmerise all the people. I do not know if the TAMILIANS will accept this who ESPEACIALLY like GANA and DAPPANGUTTHU songs in particular. GREAT YSR GET GOING.

kalladicrapp
24th December 2005, 12:30 AM
Pavan dear,
I want YSR to go natl/intl and hit bigtime,but i repeat 'not doing senseless' projects,u need example? prefabricated plasticky mess like DIL SE,YUVA,KABHI NA KABHI,Irs MAHADEV...wish YSR came up with something like Nothing But Wind or How to name it,these days theres a lot more media coverage and exposure for quality work.I never meant an insult to ARR,I simply dislike him for he killed the rustic flavour,the tamil identity of a school of music that was so unique.Talking about risk,the music of PP itself is a big risk when songs from Sivakasi or Chandramukhi rule the charts.The whole effort,so much attention on the musical aspect of a commercial potboiler should be given its due,especially coming from such a young person.ARR or IR or MSV i bet never strained for such results when they were 23.

ansa400
24th December 2005, 10:07 AM
Pavan dear,
I want YSR to go natl/intl and hit bigtime,but i repeat 'not doing senseless' projects,u need example? prefabricated plasticky mess like DIL SE,YUVA,KABHI NA KABHI,Irs MAHADEV...

Dear Mr.kalladicrapp
U mean to say that YSR would've rejected these subjects had he been in ARR's place. Give me a break! C'mon, during a time when it was hard for any south indians to be recognised in the Hindi film arena, it was ARR who showed the way with hits in hindi films and today even if YSR does any hindi film he should thank ARR for that. Dilse is certainly not a hit , but the music was such a massive hit that attracted a wide variety of audiences over the world.

I never meant an insult to ARR,I simply dislike him for he killed the rustic flavour,the tamil identity of a school of music that was so unique.

What is it that YSR has done to regain the identity of school of music that was so unique that was killed by ARR? Songs like "Pushing it hard", "Baby Baby", Killing the songs in the name of Remixes? Why cant he do the music of PP over here with the help of tamil school of music instead of using Bangkok school of music? See, If u r to be recognised in the Intl' arena u have to break certain barriers and that's what ARR has exactly done which has really paid dividends and I'm sure YSR will also follow the same path.

Talking about risk,the music of PP itself is a big risk when songs from Sivakasi or Chandramukhi rule the charts.The whole effort,so much attention on the musical aspect of a commercial potboiler should be given its due,especially coming from such a young person.ARR or IR or MSV i bet never strained for such results when they were 23.

C'mon imagine the kind of risk ARR has taken by accepting films like Tehzeeb, LOBS, Zubeidaa, Swades, Bose, MAngal Pnadey... Would any MD dare to accept these kind of films in a row when he is at the peak?

PP is a very good effort. YSR is best MD next to ARR , accepted. But dont tell that he is doing what ARR hasn't done. He is following ARR's path and in future everyone will follow ARR.

Scale
24th December 2005, 11:31 AM
ansa400, :clap:

Can someone ellaborate on what basis YSR is in the league of MSV,IR & ARR. ?

Scale
24th December 2005, 11:39 AM
RS & karthik, Thanks for that info.

A_A, I knew U will be the Ist to refute it deliberately. I believe U (only) enjoyed that song. Dont expect every fan of KH (including me) would accepts whatever he performs.

Keep :rotfl: Meanwhile let me do a research on

1. Gana songs & how it differs from KH recent songs & vocals analytically.
2. His incessant sympathies towards IR family. Dhanush on KH vocals? :banghead:

nilavupriyan
24th December 2005, 12:29 PM
heard pudhupetai songs..

the song sung by kamal is good-neruppu vaayil..that too the centre stanza!..

varriya is good

kalladicrapp
25th December 2005, 01:10 AM
Pavan dude
I never said YSR did something about or for the 'school of music'i was referring to,I simply dislike ARR for killing it.These days im not able to see any movies like 16 vayathinile or a rather recent chinnathambi.Heroes like Ramarajan has vanished and people like Satyaraj and Prabhu who used to do the kind of tamil films i grew up watching have turned into clowns.For me the music provided by ARR for a few such movies like Uzhavan was so comical and incompetent.YSR may or may not get noticed doing hindi films or some crappy intl projects,I care a damn,I just hope and pray that he strays away from the ARR PATH and god forbid compose a Zubeida or Bose or the latest triumph in cacophony Rang de basanti.Anyone out there remember a single line from songs in the above said films??

inetk
25th December 2005, 01:48 AM
...a lot more than a single line, actually :-)

Justice
25th December 2005, 07:55 AM
PP is a very good effort. YSR is best MD next to ARR , accepted. But dont tell that he is doing what ARR hasn't done. He is following ARR's path and in future everyone will follow ARR.

over confident on ARR :?

YSR will achieve more than any other MD has achieved in his unique way, wait and see.

karthik_sa2
25th December 2005, 07:02 PM
pp songs r different and amazing.lets wait and see how it goes with the movie

Tamilan
25th December 2005, 08:43 PM
Yuvan rocks

alwarpet_andavan
27th December 2005, 02:10 PM
RS & karthik, Thanks for that info.

A_A, I knew U will be the Ist to refute it deliberately. I believe U (only) enjoyed that song. Dont expect every fan of KH (including me) would accepts whatever he performs.

Keep :rotfl: Meanwhile let me do a research on

1. Gana songs & how it differs from KH recent songs & vocals analytically.
2. His incessant sympathies towards IR family. Dhanush on KH vocals? :banghead:
Scale,
While you're doing your research, please also learn reading comprehension :)

"A_A, I knew U will be the Ist to refute it deliberately"
What i wrote was a question... there is no sign of "refuting" anything.
That you didn't like the song is your opinion.
That the song is "gaana paattu" and that only I like the song are factually inaccurate and are nothing but figments of your fertile imagination :rotfl:

itsmuls
27th December 2005, 03:33 PM
[tscii:0568334875]Review by India Glitz

Pudhupettai - Brilliant attempt
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, December 21, 2005]

When Director Selvaraghavan and music-composer Yuvanshankar Raja team up, they are known to deliver the best. Their Kadhal Kondein and 7G Rainbow Colony are a pointer to it. Now they join hands again for Pudhupettai, which is said to be about the lives of underworld dons in a city like Chennai.

Interestingly,Yuvanshankar with Chapraya Symphony Orchestra composed the songs in Bangkok there.

He has come up with some brilliant compositions. The album consists of songs and instrumentals, each carrying a header specifying different moods of the film.

Songs like the one rendered by Kamal Haasan and other by Dhanush along with chorus are no doubt going to be straight away hits. The instrumentals are also soul-stirring and at time very emotional.

Yuvanshankar has certainly joined the big league with his compositions in Puthupettai.

An honest and a sincere attempt

Pudhupettai Main Theme: Survival of the fittest

This being the main theme number of the movie, it has to be attractive as well as catchy. Keeping this in mind, Yuvan has come up with this excellent instrumental exploration (symphony). The violin ensemble is mellifluous as well as gritty. It evolves the theme and firmly underscores that Yuvan is his father’s son.

Peek Into Assassin's Life: Neruppu Vaayinil (Kamal Hassan)

Kamal Haasan is one artiste who always strives for excellence - be it on the screen or behind. A good singer, Kamal Haasan has lent his voice for the song, which suits the mood and theme of the number. A peppy and a brisk song, according to director Selvaraghavan, is about the life of an assassin. A touch of Brazilian samba by Yuvan with Kamal Haasan's voice flowing sweet makes the song stick to our hearts.

Our Story: Enga Yeriya (Dhanush, Rap Premji and Yuvan Shankar Raja)

What can a local rowdy or a dada singh? A rustic, straight from the heart number? It is exactly what Yuvan has tried to come up. The song has been penned as if a local goon is describing his prowess in his locality. Begins with traditional tharai and thapattai, but goes on to get typical Yuvan's touch with peppy western stuff overtaking it.

Though Dhanush's voice is far from covincing, the lyrics of Na Muthukumar covers it up. It brings the life in a slum before our eyes. Yuvan and Premji render rap in between.

Selling Dope: The Beginning (Instrumental)

An excellent symphonic composition by Yuvan. Taking a leaf out of his father’s book, the young Yuvan has come up with soft and a slow melodious composition with violins and a lone trumpet providing the listeners a different feeling. Hats off to Yuvan for his excellent stuff.

It all comes down to this: Oru Naalil (Yuvanshankar Raja)

Yuvan leaves his magic all through the album coming up with some stunning and original orchestral magic. Adding more, he takes to crooning. Rendering this melodious number with elan, he has seemingly tried to fuse Eric Clapton kind of music with that of Ilayaraja. The soft touch of bows on the strings of the violins sure to entice the listeners.

Going thru emotions!:Prelude

It's yet again the Chapraya Music Symphony who in tandem with Yuvan provides a treat to our ears. Seemingly has music composed keeping mind the four seasons (Vivaldi?). Picks up momentum as it progresses.

Night life: Varriyaa (Chorus)

As the title suggests, it is a song about night life in Chennai city as visualized by a local goon. Hence it is hard-hitting and has a quaint local flavor all through. Use of percussion instruments at appropriate places coupled with good chorus makes it a song worth listening.

Clash of the titans: The war cry

A musical composition setting one's mind to visualize the battlefield. Yuvan has given right western touch with violins creating the sounds of war and the emotions in the battle fields in our minds. The kind of music will even do a Hollywood flick proud.

Oru Naalil: Composer's Dream Mix (D J Rafiq)

A brisk number to end the album --- Foot-tapping and also reminding the late 1970's stuff of the western world. With shrewd use of western instruments giving Indian sounds, the song is certain to find its place in dance-floors right away.

In one word, brilliant.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/8073.html[/tscii:0568334875]

Surya
28th December 2005, 06:53 AM
The Songs Rock My Socks!!

kumaranmani
2nd January 2006, 03:29 AM
A straight lift from Godfather. Shameless!!

Shankar
2nd January 2006, 10:38 AM
what's straight lift from GF ?

kumaranmani
5th January 2006, 05:34 AM
[tscii:dfbb6e93c1]1. Selling Dope: The Beginning (Instrumental).
2. Survival of the Fittest.

I am ashamed to listen to these tracks fearing my neighbor might overhear. And look at the review for these tracks. I suppose these reviewers have little knowledge of the outside world. "Taking a leaf out" ?? Yeah.. The question is from where?

Selling Dope: The Beginning (Instrumental)

An excellent symphonic composition by Yuvan. Taking a leaf out of his father’s book, the young Yuvan has come up with soft and a slow melodious composition with violins and a lone trumpet providing the listeners a different feeling. Hats off to Yuvan for his excellent stuff. [/tscii:dfbb6e93c1]

Chelian
5th January 2006, 11:22 AM
I find PP's instrumental pieces very good.
However the songs are all letdown.
The song might sound loud and thumping on the Hifi set, however they are all of not appealing tunes.
YSR voice in Oru Naal is horrible. Tis particular song calls for a professional singer with good vocals. It might have sounded good with KK etc. The good comments I see here might be due to the very good music arrangements, however that alone will not make a song appealing to listeners. YSR utterly failed in the melody and tune department. I am very curious why selva and YSR choose this king of music for a typical gangster story Tamil Movie. Only epics like Hey ram and extravangance flicks needs grand ochestral music.

karthik_sa2
5th January 2006, 09:46 PM
I find PP's instrumental pieces very good.
However the songs are all letdown.
The song might sound loud and thumping on the Hifi set, however they are all of not appealing tunes.
YSR voice in Oru Naal is horrible. Tis particular song calls for a professional singer with good vocals. It might have sounded good with KK etc. The good comments I see here might be due to the very good music arrangements, however that alone will not make a song appealing to listeners. YSR utterly failed in the melody and tune department. I am very curious why selva and YSR choose this king of music for a typical gangster story Tamil Movie. Only epics like Hey ram and extravangance flicks needs grand ochestral music.

i thot first listening to yuvans voice in that "ore naalil" song was bad too.but after repeated listening i thot his voice perfectly suited for the song.
y only epics shd have grand orchestral music?even in 7g rainbow colony the background scores were grand and it lifetd the movie.selva with yuvan combo always tries something new in every film of theirs.it has obviously produced greta results so far enhancing the quality of the movie too. so its obvious that he wanted something like this<grand symphonic orchestra >for this movie pp.lets wait for the movie anyway

kalladicrapp
5th January 2006, 11:06 PM
If Ram Gopal Verma can make a whole movie out of Godfather claiming 'inspired' why not YSR.The so called godfather lift is an unnecessary debate,the piece sounds very close to the original,Yuvan has created the Nino Rota feel to it but the end result is pretty good and Selvaraghavanish.Im a fan of Godfather franchise and ve' seen the movie 13 times.Good score is a gift to any movie,whether epic or extravagant.

kumaranmani
5th January 2006, 11:36 PM
"The so called godfather lift is an unnecessary debate,the piece sounds very close to the original"

Very good. Now we have a learned amongst us to justify copies.
I as a person that detests copying. May it be Rahman's Billie Jean opening, or YSR's Godfather.

I don't think you quite comprehend the damage being done to Tamil and Indian culture through such blatant copies.

"The piece sounds very close to the original" Of course! Thats what we call a copy.

Chelian
6th January 2006, 09:40 AM
I think someone should tell yuvan to stop lifting bit parts from English songs. He has enough talent to make orginal numbers( judging by his previous movies ). Its irritating when you listen to Tamil songs...and you go ' hey this part sounds like from this...so & so english song ..etc'. If its Srikanth Deva its excusable but from Isaignani's son?????

thamizhvaanan
6th January 2006, 05:26 PM
kalladicrapp, ur sympathy IR's family is driving u crazy. IR is a gr8 MD but supporting YSR for IR's sake.., is utter foolishness. u've made it clear that u dont like ARR's music, but going by that if u r logical, sane and neutral, YSR's music shud be hated even more!!! u r just not consistent in ur assesment! It is just plain reverence for IR, that sticks on to YSR. u justifying YSR's lifting spree neither helps ur credibility, nor it helps to establish YSR in gr8 MD's league.

with due respect to ur opinion on ARR, i think ARR is the best thing to happen to TFM after IR.
If u say ARR brought in western elements (infact not only western!!!), may be IR was the first one who set the trend(for good tho'.. thats besides the topic). most of IR's music(pardon my generalisation) were rooted on western classicals but sounded disguisively native. There are certain songs from him which were in 'n' out folk songs. Apart from them every song had an IR'ish feel to them.

May be wat ur missing is IR kind of music, which ARR obviously obliviated. But honestly tell me, wud someone be a gud succesor to IR if he was to make music like IR for IR himself was a gr8 revolutionary and trend setter in film music. It wud have been a gr8 shame if IR's succesor was a poor imitator(like wat HJ is now, a poor imitation of ARR)!. Thankfully ARR wasnt so . he has a style of his own and continues to be unique. If only we appreciate his endeavour to be unique, we will be able to appreciate his genius!!!
As far as YSR is concerned, he is a real dark horse. One day he comes up with mindblowing songs and other day he does blatant lifting. One really doesnt know wether all of his songs are original. Personally he is in the waiting list of my favaourite MD's ;)

Chelian
6th January 2006, 09:29 PM
Dear Tamizhvaanan I think you are too harsh in critizing YSR. In my opinion Almost all MDs today ( except IR ) from ARR to HJ, and from Vidyasagar to Srikanth deva, are lifting bit parts from 'other' songs to enhance their own 'creation' . Yes this includes ARR. Not need to debate on this, since this very true. The difference between the MDs are that some of them are overdoing it (like srikanth deva ) and some in more suptle ways.( like ARR , YSR and HJ)

Chelian
6th January 2006, 09:36 PM
Why cant tamil MDs be like artists from the west? I mean if you campare their songs you barely see any similarity. Can MJ 's song compared to Madonna,,or can Eminem's song compared to 50cent? Each singer/artist has their own individuality. YOu rarely get 'inspired' by other's works.In Britain or US is you create copy cat works songs you cannot go anywhere. People are smart. Even if you copy parts they will know. Thats why you seldom see any popular artist/singer's songs having similarity with another. Good Work Ethics!!!

thamizhvaanan
6th January 2006, 09:56 PM
I am a bit busy now so just a quick reply!
it is totally wrong to beleive that westerners dont do song lifting. listen to any westlife song and u will know. And there are several other examples of lifting and inspirations. Most of james horner's work derive heavily from other composers like Enya. And certain works like Carmina Burana have been reworked so many times. Like it last appeared in "The story of Joan of Arc"(it is the "old spice"music of the old ad. I think i heard the same music in Iruvar song also - pls some one clarify)
And to talk abt ARR lifting, i will reserve that for later, not now , bye

kalladicrapp
7th January 2006, 12:52 AM
Shankar Raja rocks
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 05, 2006]

As expected, "Pudhupettai" is a treat for all music lovers and the surprise package of the album is a song by actor Kamal Haasan. Yuvan Shankar Raja also tries to maintain quality in all his albums and has four of his compositions on the top five list.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. "Pudhupettai"; Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. This album simply rocks. The current hit is the song crooned by Kamal Haasan titled "A peek into an assassin's life".

2. "Aathi"; Music director: Vidyasagar. The album is being lapped up by Vijay's fans as enthusiastically as his films.

3. "Kalvanin Kadhali"; Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. The song "Eno kangal", sung by Yuvan himself with Sadhana Sargam, is the pick of the album.

4. "Kanda Naal Mudhal"; Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Although all the songs are hits, the song "Kanda naal mudhal" is a masterpiece.

5. "Sandakozhi"; Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. The film is a hit; naturally the album also is a success.

My sympathy to all ARR fans,ARRs family and friends and maniratnam and co etc etc and thamizhvaanan who are consulting the withcdoctor that elusive hit.

interz
7th January 2006, 03:55 AM
[tscii:bdd647e0d2] :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

indiaglitz, ithu koncham oover!"#¤%&[/tscii:bdd647e0d2]

ansa400
7th January 2006, 01:44 PM
Why cant tamil MDs be like artists from the west? I mean if you campare their songs you barely see any similarity.

U can't compare western MDs with our MD's. Here the music is connected to the films, whereas over there it is POP music. They have more freedom while creating music. Stars like MJ, Britney etc.. come up with 1 album for 2 years or even 3 years. Its not wise to compare with artists in the west.

ansa400
7th January 2006, 01:51 PM
Dear Tamizhvaanan I think you are too harsh in critizing YSR. In my opinion Almost all MDs today ( except IR ) from ARR to HJ, and from Vidyasagar to Srikanth deva, are lifting bit parts from 'other' songs to enhance their own 'creation' .

Even IR has lifted many songs. ARR hasn't lifted any whole song till now like what YSR does.

Alien
7th January 2006, 04:16 PM
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 05, 2006]
The top five Tamil albums are:

1. "Pudhupettai"; Music director: Yuvan Shankar Raja. This album simply rocks. The current hit is the song crooned by Kamal Haasan titled "A peek into an assassin's life".

Actually after first listening I hated the Kamal song & his voice at 1st & thought why did he lend his voice for this song? But after a couple more listenings, the song indeed rocks ! The album is quite refreshing ! 8-)

abbydoss1969
7th January 2006, 07:42 PM
Why cant tamil MDs be like artists from the west? I mean if you campare their songs you barely see any similarity. Can MJ 's song compared to Madonna,,or can Eminem's song compared to 50cent? Each singer/artist has their own individuality. YOu rarely get 'inspired' by other's works.In Britain or US is you create copy cat works songs you cannot go anywhere. People are smart. Even if you copy parts they will know. Thats why you seldom see any popular artist/singer's songs having similarity with another. Good Work Ethics!!!

The problem is the number of films tamil/indian MDs do and the different types of songs a single film requires;like pettai rap, dappakuthu , a sad song , one folk song all in a single movie!

Western MDs work in a single genre, with a single sound for the whole album.
like Bruce Springsteen will have particular sound and a theme for whole album.

Sundar12345
7th January 2006, 09:20 PM
All the songs rock in the movie. PUL PESUM POO PESUM is the most awesome song in the song. A couplr of listens would make it one's favourite.

Pavan
8th January 2006, 02:00 PM
Pavan dude
I never said YSR did something about or for the 'school of music'i was referring to,I simply dislike ARR for killing it.These days im not able to see any movies like 16 vayathinile or a rather recent chinnathambi.Heroes like Ramarajan has vanished and people like Satyaraj and Prabhu who used to do the kind of tamil films i grew up watching have turned into clowns.For me the music provided by ARR for a few such movies like Uzhavan was so comical and incompetent.YSR may or may not get noticed doing hindi films or some crappy intl projects,I care a damn,I just hope and pray that he strays away from the ARR PATH and god forbid compose a Zubeida or Bose or the latest triumph in cacophony Rang de basanti.Anyone out there remember a single line from songs in the above said films??

tDidnt read wat u have mentioned above..but know its going to be like last half of u r name..Crapp..Absolutly crap

thamizhvaanan
8th January 2006, 08:51 PM
My sympathy to all ARR fans,ARRs family and friends and maniratnam and co etc etc and thamizhvaanan who are consulting the withcdoctor that elusive hit.

YSR definitely rocks but you dont have to sympathise ARR fans. thanks for being conisderate. I have nothing against YSR, infact I like his music a lot. sure he is talented, but you dont have to worry how i place him in my favs list.

coming to the text u pasted, i can also do the quoting business
Music Review

Ah Aah - Anbae Aaruyirae - The rocker is back
IndiaGlitz [Friday, July 22, 2005]

On the whole, Rehman has shown that he has lost none of his touch and feel. So pretenders had better move over. The master is back.
--------
www.latestcinema.com
Rahman has no rivals in Tamil music market
By Aparna Nath, Indo-Asian News Service

Chennai, Sep 20 (IANS) A.R. Rahman's new album "Ah..Aah" for S.J. Suryah continues to rule the charts even though the film is not a big hit.

The top five Tamil music albums are:

1. "Ah..Aah" (A.R. Rahman): The film is not a big hit, but the song sung by Rahman himself, "Anbe Aaruyire", has been topping the charts for the last several weeks.

2. "Ghajini" (Harris Jayaraj): The release of the film is getting delayed, but Harris Jayaraj's album is a hit and second only to Rahman's. The most popular song is "Oru Maalai" by Karthik.

3. "Kanda Naal Mudhal" (Yuvan Shankar Raja): The song sung by Kay Kay, Shreya Ghosal and Tanvi for Yuvan is quite popular.

4. "Thottijaya" (Harris Jayaraj): One more album by Harris Jayaraj in the top five, though it does not have the class of "Kaakha Kaakha" or "Chellame".

5. "Oru Naal Oru Kanavu" (Ilayaraja): Ilayaraja has done the music of all Fazil's films. Even today, people hum the songs he had done for "Kaadhalukku Maryadai". Though not in the same league, songs of ONOK are also hummable and evoke nostalgia.
-----

But I am not going to give a biased view or provied only a part of truth. The truth is YSR rules 'now'. These are the recent ratings by the same website

------
Harris Jayaraj topples Rahman

Chennai, Oct 6 (IANS) Finally, the king has been overthrown. Harris Jayaraj has toppled A.R. Rahman with the release of the film "Ghajini".
-------
Raja rules the chart with three albums

Chennai, Dec 18 (IANS) Yuvan Shankar Raja rules once again, not with one but three top albums at the moment. And still more from Yuvan is on the way - music for "Puthuppettai", a Selvaraghavan film.

The fact is ARR has had only one release this year. anyway, enuf too much said already!

thamizhvaanan
8th January 2006, 08:53 PM
sorry for that big post ppl, didnt realise how big it is getting. Anyway if u guyz have got time check out my website
http://thamizh.2hell.com/

kalladicrapp
9th January 2006, 02:36 AM
ARR will get the same overrating even if he records his fart and release it.Who cares...

kalladicrapp
9th January 2006, 02:52 AM
iam biased and biased biased about IR and YSR.For me ARR means death knell for proper tamil music and artists like KJY,SPB,MALAYSIA,UMA RAMANAN and so many others and after visiting your website ive learned that u r one big waste of time.Now a bit of 'quoting business'...
thamizhs'Special Talents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can watch television non-stop.

I can dabble with my computer, eventhough it chokes most of the time.

I can spend hours doing nothing.

I do those crazy things like inspecting the single unlit bulb in a serial lights, while others go bezerk partying. I'm an engineer by default.

I can get excited seeing binary codes.

I can make heads turn in streets (away from me , I mean).

I can pick up a quarrel from a virtually nothing topic.

I can flip through the pages of a technical manual faster than any harry potter books.

I can waste several hours (no excuses, I have to accept) looking for puzzles.

I can read scientific journals without getting bored.

I can watch Batman TV series (ya you heard it right. I can tolerate it)

I can talk for hours but still make no sense.

I can assure anyone that "chat with me for two minutes and I will make you feel bored "

I can make people cry with my sense of humour.

I can piss off people with my complete asinine behaviour and obnoxious attitude.

Many english dictionary words are defined after me like, fatuous, asinine, vacuous etc., They simply just can't find a better example.

I can start World War III . (Not a big deal).

I can write an entire page on "My Special Talents" while basically I've got none.

sureshc
11th January 2006, 10:19 AM
Pudhupetai songs are a total thrash!
waste of time and moreover one must be ready for headache after listening as it contains nothing but disorderly sound.
May god give Ysr some common sense. Its an insult to the great Ir that his son has tuned such awful songs.
Is selvaraghavan listening?? Wonder what on earth made him accept such low quality songs??
Where is all the modern techno melody that yuvan was threatening to offer during the most parts of 2005?? Is dapankuthu an answer ?? whys did yuvan and kamal sing afterall?? to irritate Tfm?? Disgusting stuff!

s_sankarg
11th January 2006, 12:33 PM
Hello Sureshc,

Better u please fine tune ur EAR. I think problem with ur ear and ur taste. better consult some one to identify ur problem.

sureshc
11th January 2006, 01:48 PM
sankarg,

I have identified your problem. You are a poor listener.
you only have ears to appreciate low class , front bencher stuff. sorry, cannot help but to pity you.

sureshc
11th January 2006, 01:58 PM
snakarg,

If you are able to appreciate pudhupetai songs, then i think your favourites are srikanth deva, sabesh murali and other 3rd class mds. very poor taste!!
Yuvan is atleast capable of better stuff than the lousy pudhupetai.

Start listening to HJ and VS, then you can try Arr and the great IR after you mature.
Better grow than never!!

s_sankarg
11th January 2006, 02:29 PM
Hi Sureshc,

Thanks for your great advice.

I dont want to prove to you that i am well mature. Its waste of time.

I dont know how long u listen music and how well u grab it.

Dont review the ablum just listening 'Yenga ariea' alone.

I think u dont even see magazines and other reviews.

Puthupettai album very well apreciated by all.

its not worth to chat with u. poor guy....

Pavan
11th January 2006, 08:15 PM
kaldicrap...

when u r in an open discussion forum like this...

understand one thing...i need not say this...but i felt that u not only lack in u r music taste but also one important thing to every one..and thats called COMMON SENSE

You can criticse the comments made in the post..but not the person who made the comments..its a comman thing that u need to remeber when u r in these forums..

u have got no business in mentioning anything wrong abt thamizhvanna website..its great..and first see if u have any of those qualities..and even dream of creating cool websites like those

Go and stand in front of mirror..look wat u r fit for..then point fingers at others

Grow up dude...grow up

karthik_sa2
11th January 2006, 09:56 PM
sureshc wrote
Pudhupetai songs are a total thrash!
waste of time and moreover one must be ready for headache after listening as it contains nothing but disorderly sound.
May god give Ysr some common sense. Its an insult to the great Ir that his son has tuned such awful songs.
Is selvaraghavan listening?? Wonder what on earth made him accept such low quality songs??
Where is all the modern techno melody that yuvan was threatening to offer during the most parts of 2005?? Is dapankuthu an answer ?? whys did yuvan and kamal sing afterall?? to irritate Tfm?? Disgusting stuff!

suresh first understand this pudhupetai is not a film like raam.its a film about underworld .when the movie demands something different,u can't always ahve melody numbers like in raam.yuvan has always been outstanding in selva's movies.certainly selva wud have wanted something like this from yuvan in this movie.wait and see how well its going to go with the movie.and its not the usual dapankuthu u see in other movies esspecially 'enga area' and 'variyaa"songs r exceptionally good."ore nallil ' will be the song of 2006 though as u said yuvan cud have done better in singing.however the two interludes in the middle makes this song an outstanding one.
nerupu vaayil is superbly sung by kamal.i dont understand y the **** some people criticise it.what is wrong in that?is he losing sruthi or missing timing or being amateurish like yuvan's ore naalil.somebody tell me whats so bad about his singing.as i said earlier wait for the movie and see how well it goes with it.bfore that dont make any irritating comments.[/b]

MusicIsLife
11th January 2006, 10:22 PM
Sureshrc or whoever,
just because u dont like the pudhupettai songs and somebody else likes it, does not make them to be having poor taste so stop this please.

kalladicrapp
12th January 2006, 01:11 AM
Suresh C is the first human being on earth who ve' rated PP as TRASH and AWFUL.REMEMBER-- YSR HAS DELIVERED WHAT HE HAS BEEN ASKED TO BY HIS DIRECTOR,SR..AND HE DID IT infact beautifully.ITS AN OUT AND OUT GANGSTER MOVIE AS ITS DIRECTOR STATES...and YSR has come up with the right stuff.

kalladicrapp
12th January 2006, 01:23 AM
PAVAN FRUITCAKE
i lack a bit of common sense i agree.It was Tamizh who dragged his website to this forum,i made a mistake of peeking into 'the COOL'website(i felt damp infact).

If you find it great i feel just the opposite--ITS SICK.(is there a law that u can appreciate but not critizise matters not related to this forum).

I thank my parents and god almighty for not blessing me with QUALITIES like...

"I can piss off people with my complete asinine behaviour and obnoxious attitude".
"I can make people cry with my sense of humour"
and a lot more....
Why waste money on a mirror to check things like these..

Regarding my taste of music,it will be rather difficult for you to judge,coz u may need a bit more stuff than feathers inside the skull..i think yours is too soft

thamizhvaanan
12th January 2006, 08:35 AM
hi pavan, thanx for the comments man. :D
Kalladi, thanx to u too for promoting my website. Even i didnt dare to copy and paste text from my site. My hitcounter jumped by 30 pts in one day, following ur generous act!

Anyhow, u seem to be exceptional at judging ppl. u r damn rite. I am royally jobless and my site is infact a waste of time. But, thats the point. thats why that site is there :lol: :lol: :lol:
OK u seem to be a little agitated bcoz of me. lemme apologize first :huh: . If anywhere in the post u feel that i made any comments that hurt u, I apologize for that . I never intended to do that. Normally i dont insult ppl unless they r my friends :wink:

hope this solves the problem, and let us start discussing abt the album atlast. Afterall we need to do atleast some sort of justice to the topic :P . Bye

youngblood
12th January 2006, 01:08 PM
im sorry guys..i tried my best to like the songs but i cant...The songs suck big time..Maybe it wil sound better in the movie..

Sanjeevi
12th January 2006, 01:54 PM
im sorry guys..i tried my best to like the songs but i cant...The songs suck big time..Maybe it wil sound better in the movie..

change your name to old-blood

raguraam
12th January 2006, 07:22 PM
pudhupettai, songs aregood but u need tolisten with totaldedication ,but ysr cant say that a song without words are thememusic,his father can say that theme music is definitely different fromsongs in their genre ,in this casesome theme musics are songs withoutlyrics and human voice

interz
12th January 2006, 09:05 PM
My ranking of YSR-Selvaraghavan combo movies,

1)7 G Rainbow colony
2)Kaathal Konden
3)Puthupeaddai
4)Thulluvatho Ilamai

thamizhvaanan
12th January 2006, 10:28 PM
In my rating thulluvatho ilamai will go above PP

Pudupettai, as a seperate album is good in its own right, but somewat pales in comparison to an extent. But in one sense we cannot compare this with other album of this combo. This album has got only 4-5 songs and my opinions were based on teh songs alone. the instrumental tracks are also good.

The best thing abt the album is that Yuvan was willing to experiment and has pushed the envelope.
songs like enga area are already a craze among my friends.
I really loved that kamal song though. I think no one other than Kamal cud have sung this song with so much bhava. Hariharan once said that a singer can very much act, coz he has to live through a character to give a song a proper dimension. Kamal being a wonderful actor, has sung this song with correct amt of expressions.
IMO oru naalil is the peice de resistance of album. especially for the wonderful interludes. really the song brought back memories of IR's songs, solely bcoz of choice of instruments ...
I think the popularity of the album wud grow once the film is released.

kalladicrapp
13th January 2006, 12:19 AM
Thamizh dost
U never did hurt me man,did i ever mentions that??...though ur webpage is hopeless u r indeed cool..from ur posts atleast.Pavan got a bit worked up and I was answering him..mmm... i suspect u 2 share some hanky panky stuff.
Regarding the album I totally agree with u..I hated the kamal song first,now its my favourite,variyaa now is jam-inducing i listen to it only when im alone(my dancing skill is awful).
Ive learned that only Tamilians appreciate real adventurous and innovative music.

sureshc
13th January 2006, 08:03 AM
dear guys kartik, kalladi..,

I only commented abt the songs and not about any particular Hubber.
Comments made abt pudhupetai songs and abt the style of singing were my personal comments and i dont expect it to be accepted by one and all.

As you all would have read, i was dragged by our friend Shankarg .. to get little personal.
Hence forthe, i shall not make any personal remarks even if i am dragged into one.

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 12:00 PM
The songs will be really good if wwatched with the movie may be. It happened with Kadhal Konden. no one expected it to be a hit. The music was the min reason for the movie to hit the audience's mind.
Enga area is a perfect beauty for a UNDERWORLD movie.
It has melody number as well.
Oru naalil is absolute beauty.
Kamal's song cannot be left behind.
He has sung so well that it could be the best song after the movie's release.

baba88
15th January 2006, 01:43 AM
All YSR Fans vote for YSR at this website
www.ennavale.com on the top of this website there is User Voting.

Pavan
25th January 2006, 06:59 AM
PAVAN FRUITCAKE

****Edited**** Blabbered Things by Mr.Crap....KalladiCrap..Absolute Crap,Super Crap

ok i think u dont have habit of thinking abt urself.I know i am Friutcake...but Mr.Nyyaana Pazham why are u in habit of Praising yourself..ok i can understand...please...u say watever u want...we will not take care...we r grwn ups and we know to encourage good music..

anyways to cool u off..i have one thing for u.. 8-)

http://www.glitzee.com.au/images/lollypop5sm.jpg

A lollypop..Enjoy..

and one more thing i wud like to say...listen to arr music or also some IR songs...may be u get to devlop u r knowledge..to be honest i really do no wat to say Mr.Crap becoz i understood one thing u r bigger CRap here than any1

http://www.hindu.com/2004/02/19/images/2004021901922001.jpg

(Since i am new to this forum i hope posting of images is allowed,if anything wrong,i am sorry mods and admins)

vj_itv
26th January 2006, 05:36 PM
Oru Naalil Vaazhkai Ingae song is really super

vasanth2006
2nd February 2006, 05:36 PM
[tscii:2ffb9838a3]The pudhupettai songs are really next level in music even though some of the portions inspired from other albums such as godfather…

“pul pesum poo pesum” is really catchy, treat and YSR humming (aahan…..) in between the song is really fresh, innovative and catchy.

“Neruppu vayinil” song is very good composition. Interlude bit music is extraordinary.

“oru naalil” song has the good tune (stanza) and YSR sung the song with soul.
[/tscii:2ffb9838a3]

Sanjeevi
4th February 2006, 11:07 PM
Read this

http://urpudathathu.blogspot.com/2005/12/101.html

http://urpudathathu.blogspot.com/2005/12/102.html

MrJudge
5th February 2006, 10:07 AM
Read this

http://urpudathathu.blogspot.com/2005/12/101.html

http://urpudathathu.blogspot.com/2005/12/102.html

Thanks Sanjeevi for the links. It is a good one!

Sanjeevi
5th February 2006, 02:21 PM
Yes. Pudupettai will be the first realistic underworld movie in tamil. I think it is better to release the movie before April 14.

rashid2raj
14th February 2006, 11:54 PM
What happened 2 the movie? When is it goin' to be released :?:

rajasaranam
19th February 2006, 01:43 PM
Hmmm... This Album seems.... too good after multiple listenings.
Though 'Oru naalil' sounds as a recycle of his old tunes. The interludes and accompaniments are awesome. The first guitar interlude is simply superb.. :thumbsup:
'Enga Area' Will be the best Rap song for years to come.
Should listen to 'Neruppu vayinil' and 'Pul pesum' more to comment on them :)
It seems as of now that YSR is the icon of the youth. :?

Scale
19th February 2006, 06:41 PM
:rotfl:

rashid2raj
19th February 2006, 06:54 PM
'Enga Area' Will be the best Rap song for years to come.

It's a cool song, but.. where's the rap ? :rotfl:

rajasaranam
19th February 2006, 10:42 PM
:lol: If you think Rap should be sung only in English who can help you :notworthy:

Sanjeevi
19th February 2006, 11:31 PM
:lol: If you think Rap should be sung only in English who can help you :notworthy:

:rotfl:

rashid2raj
19th February 2006, 11:43 PM

Sari paa, u win. Dhanush has a good flow, :wink:
maybe he should try his luck in the big dark gangsta'-U.S.A :clap:

thamizhvaanan
12th March 2006, 08:04 PM
today i was watching a car show in "Headlines today". The bg music they were playing during the show sounded exactly like the synth music that comes "enga area" song. infact it didnt sound alike, it was exactly the same music with some minor difference. either they copied from yuvan or yuvan copied from some techno music ( u know the kinda music they play when highlighting the features of a car). if they had used yuvans music it wud have been exactly alike. but it was slightly different, which suggests that they are playing this out of an album available in the market.

does anyone knows abt the source of the music that i am talking abt. if u r not sure, it is the music that comes at 2:18 in the track and used sublimely throughout. I wud be really disappointed if yuvan has once again lifted music for one of his best albums. it is somewat ok if u get "inspired" wen u r low on ur creativity, but to copy for one of ur better albums,... it is not the rite thing to do.

MADDY
12th March 2006, 09:46 PM
I wud be really disappointed if yuvan has once again lifted music for one of his best albums. it is somewat ok if u get "inspired" wen u r low on ur creativity, but to copy for one of ur better albums,... it is not the rite thing to do.

hey nuthin's wrong if u r YSR i guess :lol: .......YSR, infact loses a lot of credibility by doing all these remixes/lifts......

Disgression>>>
Impossible is nuthin -- SA defeats Australia chasing down 434...... :clap: :thumbsup: :banghead: :mrgreen: :lol: :wink: :D :rotfl:

End disgression........

thamizhvaanan
13th March 2006, 06:44 PM
I wud be really disappointed if yuvan has once again lifted music for one of his best albums. it is somewat ok if u get "inspired" wen u r low on ur creativity, but to copy for one of ur better albums,... it is not the rite thing to do.

hey nuthin's wrong if u r YSR i guess :lol: .......YSR, infact loses a lot of credibility by doing all these remixes/lifts......

lolz... i said "somewat o.k if u get "inspired" " :) . some sins are always worser than others, thats why i said so.

inbetween, u r rite when u say YSR loses credibility when he does these copying stuff. this guy stuns u at times with brilliant compositions that at times treads between orchestrational brilliance of IR and creative ingenuity of ARR . some of his songs like "ninaithu ninaithu" and interludes in oru naalil were stunning to say the least. but such copying act of his, makes one wonder wether these are original :( he should be like HJ atleast - disguise his lifts properly rather than being blatant.

MrJudge
13th March 2006, 10:23 PM
does anyone knows abt the source of the music that i am talking abt.

Obviously no dude. But don't stop, keep us updated with your findings :lol:

thamizhvaanan
15th March 2006, 01:03 PM
does anyone knows abt the source of the music that i am talking abt.

Obviously no dude. But don't stop, keep us updated with your findings :lol:

:lol: :lol: yes it is "obviously no" from u (never expected anything, in the first place). even if u have heard the original one, one really suspects wether u can pick the similarity . probably that wud be too tuff a mental exercise for u :wink: . anyway sorry i cant fulfill ur wish either. simply too many findings to quote.

slperson1
16th March 2006, 05:53 AM
Meant to review this album a LONG time ago but didnt have the time.

Nerrupu Vayiinil - different song which is sung excellently by Kamal Hassan. When I first heard the sogn i was like "wtf is kamal doin singin this song?" but after repeated listening and actually listening to the lyrics I cant think of anyone better to sing it. Reminds me of "Kadaval Paathi" from Aalavandhan. In a good way that is. I mean kamal being the choice of singing that type of song. Awesome song altogether.

Engal Area - A song which coulda been good thrown in the gutter due to idiotic chanting thru out the song "Engal Area ulla varathai oowaaa oowaaa" sounds so outta place which makes me skip the song ALWAYS. The music itself is catchy,but song is killed by the stupid chant.

Oru Naalil - Typical YSR number sung by YSR himself. Though the song is very good, this is what keeps me from recognizing YSR as someone who will be the next great. He always keeps the same style, just like mass actors. But still a good number.

Going Through the Emotions - the track starts and i have the feeling I've heard that before (0:56 til 1:10)...where else but our very own www.raaga.com that was the music they use to put for their phone card commercial before they played the songs.

Pul Pesum - tied for my pick of this album.Good use of of rap and hip hop mixed with typical tamil music. Especially love the piece from 3:30 to 4:16. The way its sung in a hushed voice just takes the song to another level.

Varriya - makes me wanna dance nuff said

Oru Naalil Remix - DJ Rafiq should do more albums hes got talent! This is tied with Pul Pesum for my pick of the album.

Overall: YSR & Selvaraghan combo continue to deliver the goods!

thamizhvaanan
17th March 2006, 07:23 PM
Nerrupu Vayiinil - different song which is sung excellently by Kamal Hassan. When I first heard the sogn i was like "wtf is kamal doin singin this song?" but after repeated listening and actually listening to the lyrics I cant think of anyone better to sing it. Reminds me of "Kadaval Paathi" from Aalavandhan. In a good way that is. I mean kamal being the choice of singing that type of song. Awesome song altogether.

you are right man. kamal definitely rocks in this song. the range of emotions that kamal shows in this song is incredible. when he sing "yediraali paarkiraaan...."(the entire stanza) u can actually visualize kamal chuckling. IMO no need for dhanush to struggle to portray his rowdy character. wat others need, in a lead role to portray, kamal acheives in one song. the way kamal emotes in this song gives u a sorta peek into the wild and careless nature of a street thug (the lyrics are excellent as well). a genius manifests itself in any form.
the credit goes to yuvan for choosing kamal for this song.

MrJudge
27th March 2006, 11:53 AM
Pudhupettai & Pattiyal

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14170676

MADDY
27th March 2006, 02:46 PM
Pudhupettai & Pattiyal

sad scene for any director.......but History repeats itself.....3 yrs back, Selvaraghavan was in Vishnu's shoes and Shankar was in selva's place that time......script of Boys was something abt teenage kids' naughty incidents and the end was like parents being adviced by vivek......this was the initial story but when TI released shankar was shocked to bits and that made him add all those stupid music album things in the movie....which ultimately made it the only flop for him.......

MrJudge
27th March 2006, 05:04 PM
I don't think the BOYS history will repeat in this case. Because Pudhupettai has solo hero and Selvaragavan mentioned that it will not delve into action scenes much. So it has to be different from Pattiayal. Just because three look-alike scenes from both movies will not make both same.

vasanth2006
27th March 2006, 05:32 PM
Pudhupettai & Pattiyal

sad scene for any director.......but History repeats itself.....3 yrs back, Selvaraghavan was in Vishnu's shoes and Shankar was in selva's place that time......script of Boys was something abt teenage kids' naughty incidents and the end was like parents being adviced by vivek......this was the initial story but when TI released shankar was shocked to bits and that made him add all those stupid music album things in the movie....which ultimately made it the only flop for him.......

Maddy,

one important and interesting fact is that Yuvan is th MD of both the films. so i think there could not be confusion. because while doing the RR (while hearing the story also), if the 2 films are having same story and theme, then definitely he would tell to selva and vishnu.

MADDY
27th March 2006, 07:16 PM
Maddy,

one important and interesting fact is that Yuvan is th MD of both the films. so i think there could not be confusion. because while doing the RR (while hearing the story also), if the 2 films are having same story and theme, then definitely he would tell to selva and vishnu.

yaa that's wat even i wanted to raise here...if it was so similar then YSR shuld have noticed it......

neways, i really dunt think pp will flop even though it will be similar to Pattiyal cos selvaraghavan has the pulse of the public firmly with him.......whereas shankar missed it by a long way during 2003......

MrJudge
28th March 2006, 11:30 PM
[tscii:84c7f2a0c6]Selva’s thirst and producer’s qualms
March 28, 2006

Tamil Film Pudhupaettai

Imagine shooting 2.5 lakh feet of film roll for a 35 thousand foot movie? Well, that is what directors Selvaraghavan and Dharani do. But then, the producers don’t mind for they know that they will surely be given a hit. But this time, the producer of Pudhupaettai is worried. 250 days of shooting over and Selvaraghavan wants some more. He says he is working the film to perfection. But what is the guarantee this time that it would come out a mega hit? There is one film of the genre that is already showing to full houses—Pattiyil. The producer has his fingers crossed. He hopes that Selvaraghavan will manage to pull off a fast one.
[/tscii:84c7f2a0c6]

MrJudge
14th April 2006, 12:21 AM
Guys,

Just go to

http://www.pudhupettai.com/

the official site of pudhupettai. It is simply awesome, best tamil movie site I have visited so far! Great job by Indiaglitz. This movie is gonna rock for sure!

MrJudge
14th April 2006, 09:26 PM
I heard from one of my friends that PP is coming to theaters in the first week of May. Yuvan and Selva have gone to Bangkok for re-recording.

Sanguine Sridhar
15th April 2006, 01:43 AM
Pul pesum is my fav song followed by Oru naalil (Normal and not remix)

MrJudge
18th April 2006, 02:58 PM
'Puthupettai` on May 12?
By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 18 April , 2006, 11:36
Lakshmi Movie Makers have gently nudged director Selvaraghavan not to do any further re-shoot for their Puthupettai. So Selva and music director Yuvan Shankar Raja have flown to Bangkok to do the re-recording for the film there.

There were rumours that Selva was planning to re-shoot certain scenes as it had striking similarities with Pattiyal but now the makers have decided to tone it down. Puthupettai carries good reports and should open big as there is a lot of hype around this gangster movie.

Meanwhile Puthupettai has been sold to distributors for record price and it is the only film in recent times that Lakshmi Movie Makers will make a profit. The release date has been tentatively fixed on May 12 provided it gets through the censors on time. The Telugu dubbed version will also release simultaneously.

MrJudge
21st April 2006, 04:46 PM
[tscii:a09d6f6d6a]Another Telugu movie is on YSR's way, will be directed by Selva.

-----------------------------------------

Pudupettai is all set to rock Telugu too
April 21, 2006

Dhanush & Sneha

Selvaraghavan has a good name in Telugu after his 7G Rainbow colony’s success in Telugu as 7 G Brindavan Colony. So, his latest venture Pudupettai is dubbed and released simultaneously as Dhoolpet in Andhra.

Laskshmi Movie makers has earned a good profit in selling the Telugu rights. Tollywood distributors have paid a handsome price since the film has Sneha and Yuvan’s music which nowadays is rocking Tollywood too. Meanwhile, Selva has decided to direct a straight Telugu movie with Venkatesh in the lead. The film is titled Aadavari Matalaku Ardhalu Verule, meaning ‘there are 1000 meanings for women’s talks’.
This will be Selva’s first Telugu film and it is a realistic, natural love story. They say he liked Venkatesh and felt that the actor’s potential in this kind of look has not been explored. They also say the movie is certainly a commercial one.[/tscii:a09d6f6d6a]

vasanth2006
21st April 2006, 05:39 PM
judge Thanks for information.

but i dont know why selva is going to telugu?

i wish he should go to HFM. He is the right person for doing the hindi movies.

MrJudge
21st April 2006, 10:58 PM
judge Thanks for information.

but i dont know why selva is going to telugu?

i wish he should go to HFM. He is the right person for doing the hindi movies.

He was supposed to go to HFI for KK remake, don't know what happened. He should go for cross over films soon, not Hindi IMO.

MrJudge
5th May 2006, 06:01 PM
[tscii:aa8fd7f734]`Puthupettai` on May 19!
By Moviebuzz | Friday, 05 May , 2006, 11:27

Selvaraghavan’s ambitious project Puthupettai has been scheduled for release on May 19. Yuvan Shankar Raja has completed the re-recording of 11 out of 14 reels of the film which will be censored by May 10.

One of the producers Swaminathan of Lakshmi Movie Makers says: “Selva and Yuvan are doing a great job and we are planning to release the film on May 19”. The film looks to be the first Tamil big summer release after all the election excitement is over and the film is sure to take a bumper opening.

Meanwhile the Telugu version of Puthupettai will release simultaneously on may 19 all over Andhra. The trade feels that this Dhanush starrer will turn out to be a super hit as Selvaraghavan is a brand by himself and has a big reach among the youth.
[/tscii:aa8fd7f734]

MrJudge
17th May 2006, 05:49 PM
[tscii:acd0dd7c05]Puthupettai censored, release on May 26!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 17 May , 2006, 09:19
Selvaraghavan much awaited magnum opus Puthupettai has been cleared by the Regional Censor board with a ‘UA’ certificate. For three days Selva tried to convince the censors to give him a clean ‘U’ but they did not relent as they feel that “there are some bad language which could influence the teenagers”,

There were no visual cuts but some dialogues with bad language have been edited out. Those who saw the film are simply raving about it and say that it is the most realistic gangster movie ever made in Tamil. The gangsters of Chennai, their modus operandi and how a small time goonda transforms himself into a top politician have all been captured realistically.

Added to that, the politician-criminal nexus has been brilliantly portrayed by the director. The trade feels that Puthupettai has the potential to take a superb opening as it releases worldwide on May 26. According to V. Swaminathan, of LMM: “It is now confirmed that Puthupettai and its Telugu dubbed version Dhoolpet will release simultaneously on May 26". The producer brims with confidence and says that the film is sure going to be a super hit. [/tscii:acd0dd7c05]

Sanjeevi
21st May 2006, 12:35 PM
Pudupettai reservasation has started from today. Can't wait to see.

ansa400
21st May 2006, 03:04 PM
Pudupettai reservasation has started from today. Can't wait to see.

Yeah, I've already booked the tickets online. :D

MrJudge
24th May 2006, 12:07 PM
Selva's interview - "`Puthupettai` is realistic to the core" @ sify.com

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/interview.php?cid=2408

MrJudge
24th May 2006, 05:36 PM
[tscii:6600d2e90c]Puthupettai`- Terrific opening!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 24 May , 2006, 12:27
The advance booking for Selvaraghavan’s Puthupettai is amazing. All tickets for opening weekend have been sold out at the four huge screens in Chennai as the film releases on May 26 Friday.

Puthupettai craze has gripped the city with everyone wanting to see the film in the opening weekend itself. Says Munikaniah, manager, Sathyam Cinemas: “It looks like Puthupettai will take a bumper opening. We are sold out till Monday in spite of having extra shows during weekend”.

AXN Action Awards Says K.Meenakshi Sundaram, Manager, Mayajaal multiplex on East Coast Road: "It's unbeleivable advance booking mainly students for the film. We are having eight shows daily"

It is amazing as the film has no superstars and its hero Dhanush is really not hot. But it the brand Selvaraghavan and Yuvan Shankar Raja that is doing the trick. A lot rides on Puthupettai as the Chennai distribution rights has been snapped up by ‘Albert’ theatre Mariayappan for a record Rs 1.07 Crore, the highest ever paid to a non-superstar film.[/tscii:6600d2e90c]

MrJudge
24th May 2006, 05:39 PM
Selva is anxious
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, May 24, 2006]

I am all mystified and terrified awaiting the release of my Pudhupettai, says director Selvaraghavan.

His long-pending Pudhupettai finally graces theatres this week-end. The movie has a huge star cast including Dhanush, Sonia Agarwal and Sneha.

Speaking about the movie, Selvaraghavan says, "Every film is critical for its director. Pudhupettai is an attempt by me to go global. Its slick handling is sure to fetch me good name."

"Nice to be part of a good team comprising big names like Yuvan Shankar Raja, Aravind Krishna and Na Muthukumar, I now keep my fingers crossed awaiting the release of the movie", he says.

Denying reports that Pudhupettai is inspired by the Hollywood flick City Of Gods, Selva says, "when I am planning to go global with Pudhupettai, how will I get inspired by a Hollywood film and remake it here."

Next on line is Telugu film starring Venkatesh. It would deal in detail about mature love and would be shot in just 40 days.

MrJudge
26th May 2006, 06:16 PM
seen the movie and this time selva fails to deliver. His touches are there in many places but somehow the movie fails to impress. :(

selvakumar
26th May 2006, 06:23 PM
seen the movie and this time selva fails to deliver. His touches are there in many places but somehow the movie fails to impress. :(

Judge,
For all selva movies, this happens. His movies are of different nature and they leave an impression on the mind as if it is not going to be accepted.

But wait and see. IT is too early to decide and call for. I respect your opinion.

But I think one more viewing could turn your opinion.

P.S: I have not seen the movie yet.

BTW, How about YUVAN's part and his BGM.. Did u see anything new in this one ? :D

MrJudge
26th May 2006, 06:35 PM
selvakumar,

I have not seen his TI but I enjoyed his other two movies (KK, 7G) instantly. But this time he is into too much of talking sentiments which are irritating. Any gangster movies should not have this much sentiments. I think Pattiyal (though a copied one) is sleek and fresh compared to PP.

Somehow I felt the bgm tracks that are in the album don't fit for this movie. PP theme music is used for Dhanush-Sneha's romance scene :evil: What is Selva thinking? There are couple of new bit songs in the movie, they are good. Also bgm of last fight scene is instantly catchy. Oru nalil is not there.

MrJudge
26th May 2006, 06:38 PM
Selva made a big mistake of having Dhanush for Kokki kumar character. I think some other actor with more screen presence would have lifted this movie.

selvakumar
26th May 2006, 07:13 PM
Selva made a big mistake of having Dhanush for Kokki kumar character. I think some other actor with more screen presence would have lifted this movie.

Thanks for the information JUDGE.

Infact, This what I thought in the beginning itself.
Dhanush is not that much good when it comes to playing the role of a this character.. I mean.. May be it can suit him after some years.

I already expressed my opinions on this..

But I want to remain silent before commenting on this. I have not yet seen the movie.

But still I would prefer ANOTHER ACTOR WITH NEAT MAJECTIC ELEMENT ASSOCIATED WITH HIM AND PLAYING THE ROLE

OR ELSE

AN ACTOR LIKE ARYA WHO CAN EMOTE WELL AND do justice to the character with his Body Language.

But what amazes me is the usage of BGM.

PP intro used for Dhanush - Sneha romance :shock: :banghead:

Seems selva has wasted the wonderful work from Yuvan :( :evil:

MrJudge
26th May 2006, 07:28 PM
Selvakumar,

You are welcome.

This movie deals more about personal side of a gangster than his gangster life dealing with his enemies. So Selva had to delve into sentiments but in many places he has gone overboard. Anyway watch it and pass your comments.

selvakumar
26th May 2006, 07:42 PM
Selvakumar,

You are welcome.

This movie deals more about personal side of a gangster than his gangster life dealing with his enemies. So Selva had to delve into sentiments but in many places he has gone overboard. Anyway watch it and pass your comments.

Sure.. I will ! :D Selva - YSR combo is as exiciting as always. :P
I also read some of reviews of PP under TF section. Seems everything is going wrong and is getting mixed reviews. :?

Seems selva had tried to show the other side of the GANGSTER rather than the usual things 8-)

vijayr
26th May 2006, 08:32 PM
[tscii:0387aef4d2]well Sify review seems to say the same about Puthupettai
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14213747&ctid=5&cid=2429

"The problem with Puthupettai is the characterization of ‘Kokki’ Kumar for whom we neither sympathize nor are we able to be part of his anguish and ruminations. The story does not detail his growth in the crime empire but instead the focus shifts to his personal life in the second half. Too many clichéd sentiments mar the proceedings. Normally in Selva’s films, there are some lighter moments but here it’s far too morbid."

I'll wait to watch the film before passing further comments, but the initial review doesnt look that promising.[/tscii:0387aef4d2]

A.ANAND
27th May 2006, 10:52 AM
p.p uthikichuppa :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry:

Sanjeevi
27th May 2006, 01:17 PM
I am going to watch the movie today :D

vasanth2006
27th May 2006, 06:56 PM
I feel differently.
though it is not matched my expectations, but this movie has some different theme. rather than saying the same gangster story, other side of gangsters life like gangster's scaring about their own life. and the movie is telling another important fact that how the politicians are coming.

First half is racy. second half is little bit dragging.

i feel BGM also very good. one new small song is there. that is pleasant surprise.sad part is oru nalil song is not there and half neruppu song only in the movie.

Let wait and see the other persons review also.

rashid2raj
27th May 2006, 08:00 PM
sad part is oru nalil song is not there

REALLY.. ?? :shock: :cry:

Sanjeevi
28th May 2006, 11:17 AM
My review

http://nanthavanam.blogspot.com/

hats off Selvaragavan :thumbsup:, Yuvan, Dhanush

:clap:

ansa400
28th May 2006, 01:53 PM
I felt the BGM didn't gel with the movie that well. I mean it was 2 noisy at some places, some places it was gud. But the BGM just b4 the climax where Danush beats up all the guys to reach the villian didn't suit the scene. The music would've best suited for some marriage function scenes. :)

A.ANAND
28th May 2006, 06:11 PM
P.P VIDA PATTIYAL ROMBA BETTER FILM .KONJAM FRESHA IRUNTHATU.YUVAN BGM IS BIG LETDOWN IN P.P FILM ONA KONJUM KUDA FIT AGAVE ILLA :cry: :cry: ENTERVEL PIRAGU STORY ENGGA POTHUNNU SELVAKKE VELICHAM.BETTER NEXT TIME :lol: :lol: :lol:
MR.JUGDE AND SANJEEVI THALAIYILA THUDA POTUKUNGGA :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hulkster
28th May 2006, 06:18 PM
A.ANAND...pattiyal is a ripoff of a thailand film and it was done more like a commercial movie than a gangster film....u said the second half was going nowhere but it clearly shows u urself expected a typical gangster film...remember that if the film just showed how he becomes a gangster and just showed the violence that comes with it there is no difference from other gangster films. There is a realism(i know im saying it but thats what comes to my mind when i see it) in the whole screenplay which delves in the feelings and sentiments of being a gangster and at the same time also shows the violence of a gangster especially the ending when he goes to kill a villain. The same thing abt Heyram is happening with puthupettai..i wonder what is happening with our tamil audience...:banghead:

Sanjeevi
28th May 2006, 07:47 PM
சமீப காலமாக நிறைய ரவுடிகள் (ஆறு, பட்டியல், கொக்கி, சித்திரம் பேசுதடி) பற்றி பேசும் படங்கள் வர ஆரம்பித்திருக்கின்றன. கமலின் அற்புத நடிப்பில் நாயகன், ரஜினியின் ஹீரோயிசத்தில் தளபதி, பாட்ஷா போன்ற எவர்கிரீன் படங்களும் இவர்களைப் பற்றியதே. இந்த படங்களுக்கும் புதுப்பேட்டைக்கும் ஒரு முக்கிய வேறுபாடு ஹீரோயிசம். பொதுவாக ஹீரோக்கள் ரவுடிகளாக இருந்தாலும் அவர்கள் நல்லவர்களாகவும் (நாயகனின் பெரும்புகழ்பெற்ற "நாலு பேருக்கு நல்லத நடக்கும்னா எதுவுமே தப்பில்ல") குறைந்தபட்சம் கருணை உள்ளம் கொண்டவர்களாகவும் ஏழை மக்களின் துயர் துடைப்பவர்களாகவுமே காட்டப்படுவார்கள். செல்வராகவன் இந்த இடத்தில் வித்யாசப்படுகிறார். தனு***ஷை எந்த விதத்திலும் நல்லனாக காட்ட செல்வா பிரியப்படவில்லை.

படம் யுவனின் கலக்கலான "எங்க ஏரியா உள்ள வராதே பாடலுடன்" ஆரம்பிக்கிறது. சத்யம் தியேட்டரின் DTS ல் தியேட்டர் அதிர்கிறது. 12 படிக்கும் தனுஷ் தன் அம்மாவை அப்பா கொலை செய்ததை அறிந்து விட, தன்னையும் அப்பா கொன்று விடுவாரென்று வீட்டை விட்டு ஓடுகிறார். இந்த இடத்தில் மொத்த தியேட்டரும் (நானும் கூட) அப்பாவை தனுஷ் கொன்று அப்பாவி பையனிலிருந்து ரவுடியாகுவான் என *எதிர்பார்க்க எதிர்மாறாக பயந்து போய் (பயத்துல ஒன்னுக்கு வேறு) வீட்டை விட்டு ஓடுகிறார்.

பின்னர் வயிற்றுக்கு பிச்சை எடுக்கிறார் (அம்மா தொண்டையுல ஆபரேசன் - நல்லாருக்கு). தொடர்ந்து போலீசால் பெரிய ரவுடிக் கும்பலுடன் சேர்ந்து (தவறுதலாக) கைது செய்யப்படுவதில் ஆரம்பித்து மெல்ல ரவுடிக் கும்பலுடன் ஆரம்பிக்கிறார். தனுஷ் சோப்ளாங்கி ரவுடியாக இருந்து மெல்ல பெரிய ரவுடியாவதை செல்வராகவன் நன்றாக காட்டியிருக்கிறார். நிறைய ரசிக்கும்படியான காட்சிகள் குறிப்பாக தனுஷ் எதிர் கோஷ்டியிடம் (ஆளுங்கட்சி அரசியல்வாதி ரவடிக் கும்பல்) மாட்டிக்கொண்டு தப்ப முடியாமல் சுவரில் தொங்குவது, ரவுடிகள் தனுஷுக்கு ரவுடி வகுப்பு எடுப்பது போன்றவைகள்.முற்பகுதியின் கடைசியில் சினேகாவின் மேல் *கொண்ட ஆசையினால் சினேகாவுக்காக தன்னை வளர்த்து ஆளாக்கிய ரவுடிக்கும்பலின் தலைவன் அன்புவைக் கொன்று அந்த இடத்திற்கு தனுஷ் வருகிறார்.

பிற்பகுதி கிட்டத்தட்ட 90 டிகிரியில் கதை ஓட்டம் திரும்புகிறது. இடைவேளைக்கு அப்புறம் முழுக்க முழுக்க ரவுடியிசமும் அரசியலும்தான் (ரவுடி - அரசியல்வாதி - போலீசு என்ற புகழ்பெற்ற முக்கோண உறவு அல்ல). கொல்லப்பட்ட ரவுடித் தலைவனின் தலைவன் ஒரு எதிர்க்கட்சி அரசியல்வாதி. முதலில் தனுஷை அலட்சியப்படுத்தும் எ.க. அரசியல்வாதி பின் தனுஷை பழைய ரவுடி தலைவன் இருந்த இடத்தில் தனுஷையை நியமிக்க (வியாபாரிகளிடமிருந்தும், குட்டி ரவுடிகளிலிருந்தும் ஏரியா வாரியா பணம் வசூலிப்பது) அடுத்த நொடியே திரை விலகி *ஒரு பொதுக்கூட்டத்தில் தமிழில் எ.க. அரசியல்வாதி பொளந்து கட்ட, செல்வராகவன் டச்?.
ஏற்கனவே தனுஷ் ஆ.க. ஆதரவு ரவுடி கும்பல் தலைவனின் சினிமா ஹீரோ ஆசைகொண்ட தம்பியை போட்டுத்ள்ள ஆ.க ரவுடி தலைவனின் ஜென்ம விரோதி ஆகிறார். இந்த இடத்தில் வரும் "கூடப்பொறந்த ஒரே காரணத்துக்காக சினிமாவெல்லாம் எடுக்க வேண்டியிருக்கிறது" என்ற வசனம் செல்வராகவன் தனுஷ் சகோதரர்களை நினைவூட்டுவதை தவிர்க்க முடியவில்லை.

நண்பனின் தங்கை (சோனியா அகர்வால்) திருமணத்தை தாலி எடுத்துக் கொடுத்து நடத்த வரும் தனுஷ் அவள் அழகில் மதி கெட்டு அவளுக்கே திடீரென்று கட்டுகிறார் (புல் பேசும் பாட்டின் காலையில என்னாகும் அட கல்யாணம் யாருக்காகும் வரிகளுக்கு இதுதான் அர்த்தம் சாமியோவ் - கொடுமைடா சாமி). இந்த காட்சியை ஜீரணிக்கவே முடியவில்லை ஆனால் தான்தான் எல்லாம் தான் வைத்ததுதான் சட்டம் என நினைக்கும் ஒரு ரவுடி தான் ஆசைப்பட்டதை அடையும் மிருகத்தனம் இது என மெல்ல புரிகிறது. இங்கு ஆரம்பிக்கிறது தனுஷ் என்னும் ரவுடியின் சரிவு. பின்னர் சிநேகாவையும் திருமண்ம் செய்து முன்னமே உருவான குழந்தையையும் பிறக்கிறது.

ஓவராக ஆட்டம் போடும் தனுஷ் எம்.எல்.ஏ ஆக ஆசைப்படுகிறார் (இந்த இடத்தில் ஒரு அட்டகாசமான யுவனின் குட்டி பாடல்) எம்.எல.ஏ. சீட் கொடுக்காததில் எ.க. அரசியல்வாதியை முறைத்துக் கொள்ளும் தனுஷ் இப்போது எதிர்கட்சி அரசியல்வாதி ஆளுங்கட்சி அரசியல்வாதி என இரு பக்கமும் எதிரிகள். இதில் சினேகா கொல்லப்படுகிறார், குழந்தையை இழக்கிறார். பின்னர் ஆ.க அரசியல் ரவுடியை எதிர்க்க தனி ஆளாக போய், நிறைய பேரைக் கொன்ளறு, *நிறைய கத்திக் குத்து பட்டு, பின்னர்.... பேசாமல் படத்தையே பார்த்து விடுங்கள். (அப்பாடா கதையை சொல்லுவதற்குள் மூச்சு வாங்குது).

தனுஷின் அருமையான நடிப்பை சொல்லியே ஆக வேண்டும். குறிப்பாக எம்.எல்.ஏ சீட் இல்லை என்றதும் எகிறுவதும் கட்சி அரசியல்வாதி ஆசிட்டை தனுஷ்மேல் ஊற்றும் காட்சியில் தனுஷிடம் தோன்றும் பயம் படபடப்பு. ஒல்லியான தனுஷ் ரவுடி கேரக்டரில் பெரிதாக உறுத்தல் இல்லாமல் ரசிக்க முடிவது செல்வராகவனுக்கு வெற்றியா? தனுஷுக்கு வெற்றியா?.

படத்தின் பெரிய டெக்னிகல் பலங்கள் இசையும் அரவிந்த் கிருஷ்ணாவின் ஒளிப்பதிவும். கிளைமாக்சில் தனுஷ் இருளை கிளித்து வருவது போன்ற காட்சியில் ஒளிப்பதிவு திகில்பட எபெக்ட் கிடைக்கிறது. எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித் ஒரு நாளில் பாடல் இல்லை என்றாலும் வரும் மூன்று பாடல்களும் (கமல் படித்த நெருப்பு பாடலுடன் சேர்த்து) வர்றியாவும் பட்டையைக் கிள்ப்புகின்றன. பின்ணனி இசையும் நன்று குறிப்பாக தனுஷ் முதலில் திருப்பி அடிக்கும் இடம்.

ஒரே டிக்கெட்டில் இரண்டு படம் பார்த்த திருப்தி மற்றும் அலுப்பு. எனக்கு முதல் பாதியை விட இரண்டாவது பாதி பிடிக்கிறது.
எனக்குப் பிடிக்காத இன்றைய அரசியல்வாதிகளை தோலுரித்துக் காட்டுவதினால் இருக்கலாம்.

Sanjeevi
28th May 2006, 08:03 PM
Another review

Saturday, May 27, 2006
Pudhupettai: powerful, ruthless, spectacular

When was it last you saw a gangster movie in Tamil? Pattiyal, you say? That was about contract killers. I'm asking you about a gansta' movie. When was it last that you saw a movie which reached out from the screen and hit you hard in the face?

Want to savour both those experiences in a bit over three hours? Go watch Selvaraghavan's Pudhupettai (whichever way you want to spell it: Pudupettai, Puthupettai, புதுப்பேட்டை)

The movie is about an adolescent who is driven to the world of crime because of circumstances, and his rise and rise in the underworld. It shows us that promising Dhanush who went AWOL since Kaadhal Konden. Kudos to him for choosing to get back to his brother for that badly-needed hit, and more kudos to Selvaraghavan for extracting the very best out of his brother.

With his physique, Dhanush might not convince us as the perfect gangster, but his acting -- boy, he's simply poured his heart into this movie. He has put in such a riveting performance that the jury for the State Awards can tell themselves they won't see a better acting performance this year.

The movie depicts reality in all its gory glory. It's long, mind you, well over 3 hours. And the story just keeps unfolding. Personally, beyond the 150-minute mark, I kept peering into my watch telling myself, "Oh, please, let this movie not end." And that's because each scene has been handled with utmost care. So much that one cannot say which is the best scene in the movie. Each scene clashes with every other scene in the fight to be called the best.

The background score is brilliant; top marks to Yuvan. Arvind Krishna's camera work is magical. Every actor has chipped in with a good performance. In fact, the person sitting next to me quipped once, "How do they spot these actors? They are so natural, and so very good." Sneha has put in a good performance. The same cannot be said about Sonia Agarwal though; but her screen presence is limited, and the characterisation is weak.

The only real spoiler, if you ask me, is the last ten minutes of the movie. There is a point in this film (just as Pasi Sathya departs) where the credits should have come up, and the audience would have left with a heavy heart, and in absolute praise. But the three ensuing scenes dilute that effect, and make you wonder, "Why did they do this? Why spoil the experience?"

However, if you choose to overlook the last ten minutes, I think this movie deserves a perfect ten! A movie like this, I have not seen before in Tamil. At least not since Dalapathi!

Pudhupettai is not a modern classic; it is a modern epic!

http://vkpedia.blogspot.com/2006/05/pudhupettai-powerful-ruthless.html

vigneshram
29th May 2006, 09:28 AM
I watched the movie in Satyam theatre and audience enjoyed the movie very much. It's a commendable effort by Selva to take Tamil films to a global level. Yuvan has lifted the film to heights by his soul stirring BGMs.

MrJudge
29th May 2006, 10:15 AM
MR.JUGDE AND SANJEEVI THALAIYILA THUDA POTUKUNGGA

thalaiya thunndu mattume eppavum pottukittu irukkaravanga aduththavangalukku atha sollak koodathu, hehehe :)

MADDY
29th May 2006, 06:34 PM
judge, watever it is, this is a flop for YSR.......he is not a "kombu", as thot by u guys...u guys talked as if he can make any movie run......so just keep quiet and hope for a better performance from him next up....... :lol:

MrJudge
29th May 2006, 07:06 PM
judge, watever it is, this is a flop for YSR.......he is not a "kombu", as thot by u guys...u guys talked as if he can make any movie run......so just keep quiet and hope for a better performance from him next up....... :lol:

Maddy Machchaan,

Yuvan has flops at BO, it is a well-known fact. But someone has ONLY flops at BO in tamil industry, that was my point. :D

MrJudge
29th May 2006, 07:08 PM
I got mixed up opinions from my friends. A few people liked it. Though the movie is different from usual gangster movies, I think there are places in the second half it drags for no reason. Well I was expecting more and felt disappointed. I hope Selva trims down a few scenes and makes the movie more appealing.

selvakumar
29th May 2006, 07:14 PM

yup.. Maddy. Beg to differ. It could be a flop for selva or dhanush. But not for YSR. esp.. the audio is a hit already.

But the usage of the songs in the movie was not that much good. Selva has wasted a few songs. The usage of "ENGA AREA" was not good.

This is a song which should have come after DHANUSH's rise as a FULL TIME GANGSTER (IMO)

So, IT is not a flop for YSR. IT is not yet decided whether this can be a flop for selva or dhanush. :D

rashid2raj
29th May 2006, 10:33 PM
Yuvan has lifted the film to heights by his soul stirring BGMs.

... & only god knows where he lifted them from :roll:

baba88
29th May 2006, 10:46 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

this is truth. YSR is the biggest Copycat in TFM

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Boulevard/5484/lonlyyou.txt

read this and listen to Push it from Kandha Naal Mudhal.

rashid2raj
29th May 2006, 11:08 PM

read this and listen to Push it from Kandha Naal Mudhal.`

HAHAHA.. SHAMELESS.. He's doing a "Deva" & not only copying the music but also the text.. :lol: Good find Baba88 :wink:

rashid2raj
29th May 2006, 11:12 PM
"Pushing it hard" from KNM was also a blatant copy of the Ja rule feat. Ashanti & R.Kelly track: Wonderfull ... :o

Sanjeevi
29th May 2006, 11:46 PM

HAHAHA.. SHAMELESS.. He's doing a "Deva" & not only copying the music but also the text.. :lol: Good find Baba88 :wink:

:banghead: :banghead:

What is wrong with you guys?

rashid2raj
30th May 2006, 12:33 AM

:banghead: :banghead:

What is wrong with you guys?

Yeah, whats wrong in copying .. ? :lol:

Scale
30th May 2006, 10:13 AM
I thought I told you that we won't stop

vasanth2006
30th May 2006, 11:17 AM
I got mixed up opinions from my friends. A few people liked it. Though the movie is different from usual gangster movies, I think there are places in the second half it drags for no reason. Well I was expecting more and felt disappointed. I hope Selva trims down a few scenes and makes the movie more appealing.

judge,

i heared from my friends that in second half selva trimmed the screens. that is the good move.

sila ARR fans eppada Yuvan flop koduppan annaikku vedi poduvomnu irukkanga pola :shock: :evil:

moreover Yuvan done a very good job in this movie. He is the main +point for the film. How the first week got fulled in all theaters. that is for selva-yuvan combo. if film flop, then it is failure for selva. not for yuvan. because he is not used the songs properly. for ex very important song oru nalil song not in the movie.

another important fact is that always selva film will get mixed response. we have to wait for the exact BO result.(average or hit or mega hit.)

A.ANAND
30th May 2006, 12:12 PM
VASANTH2006,enggalukku [arr fans]ysr mela enntha veruppum illa sir,ana eppada ennga allu[arr]oduvannu ungga ysr fans like mr jugde,sanjeevi :idea: :idea: thunggama kattukittu irukkarinnga parunnga athathan verukkaren :banghead: :banghead: mattapadi
p.p odana illai odatti enggalukku onnom nashtham illa :lol: :lol:

Chelian
30th May 2006, 02:17 PM
Ennapaa chinnapulla tanamaa irukku!!!!!!!!!!!
Ethukku ellaam sanday poduringay?

Whether ARR or YSR ,,both are here to stay in TFM for Very long......

rashid2raj
30th May 2006, 03:53 PM
sila ARR fans eppada Yuvan flop koduppan annaikku vedi poduvomnu irukkanga pola :shock: :evil:

I don't think so.. We don't have to wait for them, cuz 50% of YSR movies are flops..

MrJudge
30th May 2006, 08:40 PM
judge,

i heared from my friends that in second half selva trimmed the screens. that is the good move.

We can see mixed opinions even on the websites like behindwoods, indiaglitz etc.. It is good to hear that he has trimmed it down. I will watch it once again if that is indeed true.

MADDY
31st May 2006, 06:32 AM
yup.. Maddy. Beg to differ. It could be a flop for selva or dhanush. But not for YSR. esp.. the audio is a hit already

selva, then with this logic, Ayutha ezhuthu,Boys are superhits.....do u agree?? no , ppl. still consider it as flop movies.......if the movie does not do well, it is a flop for MD as well..........tthis is the catchline that really has hurt Rahman for the past 5 yrs with almost all his albums doing well and all his movies flopping........so this catchline can liberally used for YSR as well......isnt it??

vasanth, u must know who xpects whom to flop........we,ARR fans always think he is the best, so we never worry if YSR has hits/flops........these are statements just to answer back YSR fans who made fun of ARR's flops......

me too getting mixed reactions from my frnds circle.....some call it a great effort, some call it over dosage of everything.......well, i would watch it over the weekend and decide :wink: ........i'm sure of one thing, Dhanush wud have over-acted.......he is a pathetic actor IMO.....

selvakumar
31st May 2006, 03:24 PM
Maddy,
I think you misunderstood my stand on this. I mean.. IMO, Just coz the flop of a movie, we cannot say that the great work of an MD can be termed as a flop.

I agree with you.. If the album is a superhit, then it is not a flop for a MD. But if the movie flops, then it is the part of the director and not the MD.

In that way, I would never term AE, BOYS albums as flops :D

In that sense, PP is a hit for Yuvan.. Movie status -- not yet out.. and is too early to predict.

At the same time, if some not so good album comes from a particular MD and the movie becomes a hit (without the album becoming a hit) then we can say that it is a flop for the MD

Hope I am clear :D

Vysar
31st May 2006, 07:53 PM
It looks like Yuvan earned himself a nickname of "Thundubaby" after humongous failure of Pudupettai.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14216279

rsubras
31st May 2006, 09:53 PM
vysar,

namma fav md / leader ah pathi uyarthi solla / uyarthi pesa aayiram ways irukku... definitely throwing mud at his opponent is not one of that way :)

pudhupettai will still be considered a good film if not a hit film imho

MrJudge
31st May 2006, 10:02 PM
It looks like Yuvan earned himself a nickname of "Thundubaby" after humongous failure of Pudupettai.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14216279

To earn that name, Yuvan has to give continuous flops for atleast a few years in a row, just a few movies not enough. I don't think that will happen :) He will bounce back with hit movies soon. But "thundu bhai" is perfect for ARR only since he gave/ gives/will give only flops from 2000. :lol:

rashid2raj
31st May 2006, 10:22 PM
But "thundu bhai" is perfect for ARR only since he gave/ gives/will give only flops from 2000. :lol:

PLEASE go to bed you little baby ... :lol:

rashid2raj
31st May 2006, 10:43 PM
vysar,

namma fav md / leader ah pathi uyarthi solla / uyarthi pesa aayiram ways irukku... definitely throwing mud at his opponent is not one of that way :)

pudhupettai will still be considered a good film if not a hit film imho

I like your style :wink:

rashid2raj
31st May 2006, 10:57 PM
Is it true that Oru Naalil song is not included in the movie ?? :? what a pity .. It would have looked good on screen with nice picturisation.. :cry:

baba88
31st May 2006, 11:39 PM
is Agaram movie released ? It's a sure flop (audio also)

Two flops within a month. AIBI and Puthupettai. And YSR doesn't has much big projects in his hand. YSR kathai koncha naalukku mudinchu. Eni ARR aatam thudangividdathu !

rashid2raj
1st June 2006, 12:19 AM

Two flops within a month. AIBI and Puthupettai. And YSR doesn't has much big projects in his hand. YSR kathai koncha naalukku mudinchu. Eni ARR aatam thudangividdathu !

Appadi Podu machii ... :D

MrJudge
1st June 2006, 08:34 AM

YSR works with small projects always, a few big projects here and there, that's pretty much it. TB kathai mudinchu 5 varusham achchupa, wake up.

bingleguy
1st June 2006, 08:37 AM
enakku pudicha paatu ;-) en area ulla varaadhae
padam paaka varavangala paathu solraaraa ;-) just kidding ! nice song ... DTS effect nalla irundhudhu !

vigneshram
1st June 2006, 01:46 PM
I just wonder why all this anti-YSR talks in this forum. We are here to discuss about Yuvan's pudhupettai songs and not to discuss whether pudhupettai is a BO hit or Yuvan copies from other sources.

In this week's issue of kumudham's review of pudhupettai, they have appreciated Yuvan's BGM score " Symphony orchestra ellaam vachi alambal panniyirukiraar Yuvan. Ilaiyaraja suttri poda vendum. Theatre vittu veliye vandha piragum pinnani isai kirukirukka vaikirathu"

s_sankarg
1st June 2006, 03:36 PM
Hi People,

Here is tamil.sify review. They have appreciated well. Please go through this link. Thing is selva thinks more and want to put in one single more, thats where he confused.

http://tamil.sify.com/movies/review.php?id=14216924&ctid=5&cid=13153533

vasanth2006
1st June 2006, 04:02 PM
In this week's issue of kumudham's review of pudhupettai, they have appreciated Yuvan's BGM score " Symphony orchestra ellaam vachi alambal panniyirukiraar Yuvan. Ilaiyaraja suttri poda vendum. Theatre vittu veliye vandha piragum pinnani isai kirukirukka vaikirathu"

:D :D :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
2nd June 2006, 08:10 AM
i also read the review in kumudam,but 'alambal'vaarthai neeraya meaning irukku..double meaning kuda irukku!!!!ithala ethantha 'alambal' la eduthukka :lol: :lol: :lol:

vigneshram
2nd June 2006, 12:35 PM
"Alambal" here refers to Attakaasam, Mr.Anand
This week AV also has given 45 marks and Positive review for Pudhupettai.
And the news is that Selva is joining hands with Vijay in October after his telugu venture with Venkatesh.

karthik_sa2
2nd June 2006, 03:24 PM
hi guys jus now watched PP.music just stunning.what to say ??simply the best of yuvan in his career so far esp the background scores.awsome!!!mindblowing!!!i would watch it in theatre atleast another five times just for yuvans stunning background scores.yuvan has surely reached the league of MSV IR ARR. another important aspect of pp is picturisation and acmera work of aravind krishna great work.and for a chenge dhanush has acted brilliantly in the movie from the start till the very end.the movie goes with a great pace in the first half but slows down in the second.but overall it was good.

karthik_sa2
2nd June 2006, 03:33 PM
[tscii:b0487c4e98] Musical milestone

Yuvan Shankar Raja scales great heights with his mesmerising background score in `Pudhupettai.' The Bangkok symphony orchestra has been put to exquisite use. Each number spells innovation — the young Raja has tried out a mix of the rap and the rustic. Interestingly, the audiocassette has a title for every song and the music used in the re-recording. `Neruppu Vaayinil,' that Kamal Hassan has rendered reminds you of `Kadhal Kondain' in parts, but the appeal is intact. The violin bit in `Oru Naalil' (Was the song heard in the film?) that has worthy lyric by N. Muthukumar is awesome. Music in `Pudhupettai,' is an enthralling exercise in aural excellence.
COURTESY HINDU NEWSPAPER http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/06/02/stories/2006060202350300.htm[/tscii:b0487c4e98]

MrJudge
2nd June 2006, 04:55 PM
[tscii:61fb74e3ce]‘Puthupettai` ramblings!
By Moviebuzz | Friday, 02 June , 2006, 10:36

Selvaraghavan’s Puthupettai has netted an amazing Rs 51 Lakhs from five Chennai screens in its first week (May 26-June 1) with a distributors share close to Rs 32 Lakhs! It is indeed an impressive collection for a film with no big stars, proving the fact that the film took a great opening on ‘Brand Selvaraghavan’.

Says Tiruppur Subramaniam, Coimbatore distributor of the film: “Thanks to the good opening, the film may break-even for distributors and at least some of the theatres may recover the huge MG’s they paid”. However all distributors beg to differ and say that collections started dropping after the fantastic opening in cities and in Band C stations, it is limping.

Selvaraghavan’s 7-G Rainbow Colony released with 92 prints while Puthupettai had a 162 print release in Tamilnadu. In small towns like Salem where a big film releases in two screens, Puthupettai opened in four screens with a combined capacity of 3400 and by Sunday, the film fell. In a way, extra capacity worked against the film.

At the same time in Chennai city the five screens capacity was close to 4600 per show. In Sathyam, in the first w eek it collected an unbelievable net of Rs 21 Lakhs at 92 percent while at Sangam the weekly net was around Rs 13.5 Lakhs. Here again the first week collections are impressive but now it all depends on better publicity for the film to work in its second week.

Sevaraghavan told Moviebuzz: “You have trashed my film in Sify.com, but I respect your viewpoint. But my film is not a losing proposition for anyone concerned. I agree the same about Dhoolpet (the Telugu version) as people could not identify with the characters. But Puthupettai took the best ever opening for Tamil film in recent times to quote Sify.com’s CBO (May 26-28), the authentic box-office barometer”. Selva also says that he has trimmed the film by 15 minutes to make it more racy.

AXN Action Awards Selva feels that the script of Puthupettai was path breaking, something never seen before. It was broken episodes put together like JFK, which probably our audience found hard to digest. They were critical about the climax though Selva says that he did not want his protagonist to die.

Says Selva: “I could have easily killed ‘Kokki’ Kumar but in real life such criminals go scot-free and in many states, we have so many MLA’s with criminal records and history sheeters who later become powerful politicians. My film is a slice of life where only the fittest will survive” ! Selva agrees that Oru Naalil…. was the best song in the album which is popular but unfortunately he did not get time to shoot the song!

Finally Selva confesses: “I made the film to save my brother’s career”. Now Selva will be taking a break and probably in October, he plans to marry Sonia Agarwal.[/tscii:61fb74e3ce]

MrJudge
2nd June 2006, 05:00 PM
The explanation from Selva for not ending kokki's life is acceptable. But couldn't digest to read just to save Dhanush's career, he chose him for an important film of his career!

rashid2raj
2nd June 2006, 05:35 PM
[tscii:01c348e02e]

Selva agrees that Oru Naalil…. was the best song in the album which is popular but unfortunately he did not get time to shoot the song!

He didn't get time to shoot the song.. :shock: :shock: :shock: How could he say soo.. [/tscii:01c348e02e]

A.ANAND
2nd June 2006, 06:54 PM
MR.JUDGE,KILA VILLUNTHALLUM MIISAILA MANNU OTTATHA KHATHAITHAN IPPA UNGGA VELAI :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrJudge
2nd June 2006, 07:06 PM
He didn't get time to shoot the song.. :shock: :shock: :shock: How could he say soo.. [/tscii]

I think he is right about this issue of not including oru nalil. The producers could not wait any longer and forced him to release the movie this month. (What else the producers will do if the director takes more than a year to complete the movie?)

Vysar
2nd June 2006, 08:25 PM
Per TamilMurasu magazine, Yuvan is very upset that Pudupettai flopped very badly and currently solacing himself in North.

rashid2raj
2nd June 2006, 09:50 PM
He didn't get time to shoot the song.. :shock: :shock: :shock: How could he say soo.. [/tscii]

I think he is right about this issue of not including oru nalil. The producers could not wait any longer and forced him to release the movie this month. (What else the producers will do if the director takes more than a year to complete the movie?)

Yeah, but he could have shooted the best song from album in that year, yaaah.. huh ?? It would have been the same as if Shankar didn't had time to shoot secret of succes song from Boys.. :roll: or if P.Vaasu didn't had time to shoot Raa raa.. LOL *S* :lol:

vigneshram
6th June 2006, 11:27 AM
My review of PP
http://www.nilacharal.com/enter/review/movie_review_263.asp

rashid2raj
6th June 2006, 02:05 PM
Jus watched pudhupettai.. And i was very excited anout the characther Kokki Kumar before i saw the movie.. ! I was very disapointed with the movie.. & can't imagine this one doing a hit at box office.. :? Good thing was YSR music and bgm.. The Bangkok Orchestra sounded much better in movie than on cd. Suited the movie very well.. !!! Jus my opinion.. :wink:

sureshmehcnit
7th June 2006, 04:03 PM
What is all the Fuss about?

Here is my take on BG Score of Pudhupettai

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/06/background-score-in-pudupettai.html

vasanth2006
8th June 2006, 12:35 PM
Pudhupettai is Rocking in Box Office

http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14221855

:D

vasanth2006
9th June 2006, 02:48 PM
[tscii:5e139a7846]Selva's interview in HINDU

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/06/09/stories/2006060900720200.htm

important Points in the interview

Selva is elated with the box office result of `Pudhupettai.' "A record 162 prints have been made, the film is going full house in all the theatres in the city 10 days after its release. The first week's collection itself will cover 50 per cent of the production cost. The A and B centres are doing brisk business. Though in C, as is always the case, fortunes keep fluctuating. The distributor's share in the first week was Rs.50 lakhs" — he reels out details.
In that case it's Selva's fourth hit in a row in Tamil

"My next in Tamil with Vijay [besides a Telugu film and `7/G, Rainbow Colony,' in Hindi] will be a light romantic caper. I'm sure you'll like it," he quips.

[/tscii:5e139a7846]

Vysar
14th June 2006, 08:33 PM
I finished watching Pudupettai DVD yesterday. I am impressed with the way Selva directed the movie. I had a feeling that he is the only one in TF who has taken the human factor of a rowdy and come up with realism based script. Dhanush acted very well even though his physical appearance lacks the character he plays. There were few scenes inspired from western mafia movies. Overall I would say it is a great effort from Selva's team.

One main draw back is the climax BGM which really spoiled the proceeding. Instead of giving a serious feeling it made me to laugh instead.

jaykay
15th June 2006, 04:30 PM
Is 'Enga Area' a copy of 'Who let the dogs out'
song

Vysar
16th June 2006, 08:19 PM
Pudupettai is a hit afterall

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/june-06-02/16-06-06-pudupettai.html

MusicIsLife
16th June 2006, 10:11 PM
Jaykay,
nice observation, but NO.

vasanth2006
17th June 2006, 11:50 AM
Pudupettai is a hit afterall

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/june-06-02/16-06-06-pudupettai.html

Atlast great news to selva.selva's hardwork paid. :D

because he was very much upset with the mixed response. he shown his disappointment in madhan's thiraiparvai for mixed response.

MrJudge
17th June 2006, 05:16 PM
[tscii:4dfef0b8fc]The state of Tamil films seems to be better now than 2 years back. Here is a list of the top 5 films.

1. ‘Pudupettai’: Though this film directed by Selvaraghavan is quite disappointing, the box office collection seems to be doing well. By comparing the collection of 4 weeks, we see that the 90% success of the first 2 days have dwindled down now to 70%.

2. Parijatham’: This romantic melodrama by Bhagyaraj has received mixed reactions and come to 2nd place..........

From cinesouth.com[/tscii:4dfef0b8fc]

MADDY
18th June 2006, 06:48 PM
Jaykay,

MIL, u r being very soft on YSR here.......jaykay amazing observation...... :wink: ........well , only other observation i can make is even the "oo oo" sounds in enga area song is inspired by who let the dogs out.....rest,let "so-called" musically knowledged people decide on it....

MrJudge
18th June 2006, 10:28 PM
Jaykay,

This claim is not new. People already discussed about this when the album came out but dismissed it since the whole song is different. If you don't accept it then no composer will be spared.

MrJudge
11th July 2006, 02:57 PM
Surprisingly both magazines, Kalachuvadu and Uyirmmai, have praised the movie "Puthupettai". In Uyirmmai none other than konal pakkangal charu nivethitha has reviewed it with some +ve points as well as -ve points. :)

vigneshram
11th July 2006, 05:05 PM
The unconventional Shenai music, Yuvan had used in Pudhupettai's Climax fight sequence is my personal favourite and it kept ringing in my ears even after leaving the theatre. But I got terribly disappointed when my friend called and said that he heard the same bit of music played in landmark and he asked the staff and found that it's "Crazy frog" album.

Is it true, can anyone confirm? If true, its a great let down by Yuvan.

vasanth2006
15th July 2006, 11:26 AM
Gangai amaran's Top 10 albums came in this week kumudham.

in that Yuvan's pudhupettai captured one place.
:clap: :clap:

p.s: there is no single IR album in the top 10 list. (annamacharya(telugu) is IR?.he didnt like single album? purposely is he avoided? i am hugly surprised. :? . is there any debate btw them?)

Renault
15th July 2006, 12:35 PM
Vasanth,

Gangai Amaran is kind of retired and is focussing on the careers of his sons. Premji his youngest son is playing keybard for Yuvan. No wonder Pudupettai is # 1.

I think Gangai Amaran crossed with the Maestro sometime back. Not sure whether they have joined hands again.

vigneshram
15th July 2006, 01:52 PM
The unconventional Shenai music, Yuvan had used in Pudhupettai's Climax fight sequence is my personal favourite and it kept ringing in my ears even after leaving the theatre. But I got terribly disappointed when my friend called and said that he heard the same bit of music played in landmark and he asked the staff and found that it's "Crazy frog" album.

Wondering why there's no reply from anyone reg. this post????

vasanth2006
15th July 2006, 02:04 PM

Wondering why there's no reply from anyone reg. this post????

can u provide me the link for "Crazy frog". i will hear and tell.

by the bye when "Crazy frog" got released?