PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Chennai

swathy
21st December 2005, 07:26 PM
Mini survey to know your opinion on Mrs. Chennai

Shakthiprabha.
21st December 2005, 07:35 PM
I had attended MRS.chennai recently(2005). It was good as an entertainment.

As a matter of fact, when so many things are beyond our control, its a waste to argue on SUCH TRIVIAL things.

Yet as my personal opinion, I find its not very useful, esp SINCE beauty is rated skin deep (rated for looks too).

This is ONLY MY opinion in general to these competition, i DONT condemn ANY PARTIPANT or any person who hold such competition AS ITS THEIR ROYAL right to participate or conduct such.

Lambretta
21st December 2005, 08:08 PM
One thing I don't quite appreciate is tat even here the contestants r made to dress in revealing ways......in the Mrs. India contest telecast last yr, the kind of Sarees they wore & the way they wore them was simply appalling! And this is wats claimed to be "modern"....! :roll: :?

Sanguine Sridhar
21st December 2005, 08:42 PM
Miss Chennai/Miss World/Miss Universe all needed..Hey we wont get ppl like Aishwarya,Sushmitha,Diya Mirza,Priyanka Chopra if they drop the idea of conducting these competitions ;) Just for fun! As long it wont spoil the decorum of Indian culture all these kind of competions are gud!

But if it is Mrs. competition it is the headache of Mr of that Mrs.... :D

Lambretta
21st December 2005, 09:28 PM
But if it is Mrs. competition it is the headache of Mr of that Mrs.... :D
OTOH, there'd prob. be nothing wrong if the Mrs. competitions were held in terms of real beauty (which is NOT dressing up in a "sexy" way like the "Miss" ones! :)).......like, surely the contestatns cud be made to appear just as they normally look in everyday life (which wud judge more effectively how beautiful they really are!), cudn't they?
But the organisers of such contests tend to go by the gltz/glamour & "bare n dare" lines of the West jus for their own publicity....they don't care if it clashes w/ our culture or nething.......! :evil:

Shakthiprabha.
21st December 2005, 09:48 PM
Why do u ppl agree MISS ones can dress up anyway they want?

Is MISS ones that the right way to judge beauty?

Lambretta
21st December 2005, 10:02 PM
Why do u ppl agree MISS ones can dress up anyway they want?
Is MISS ones that the right way to judge beauty?
To be honest, I don't agree they shud be allowed to dress tat way either.....but didn't want to go overboard by sounding overly conservative or nething like tat! Also was speaking from wat I reckoned to be the viewpoint of the general society.......ie., it wud seem all the more inappropriate for married women to dress up in tat way, when they r sumone's wives & maybe even mothers (hence my comparison w/ "MISS" ones! :)) ......

Shakthiprabha.
21st December 2005, 10:14 PM
:lol: ok lambretta.

But yes, this is not from conservative point of view i say this, but from LOGICAL POINT OF VIEW.

how the hell can they assess beauty based on hour-glass figure or flashy smile?

Funny ideas, values.... (like I said so many cultprits to the society)

Reg....Someone else's wife or mother, its is their problem. As long as the hus is not having a problem, we need not bother bout it. (There I go again....... dont I? sorry bout it)

Lambretta
21st December 2005, 10:59 PM
:lol: ok lambretta.
But yes, this is not from conservative point of view i say this, but from LOGICAL POINT OF VIEW.
:D True......but wat I was saying was, ok, if they found no "restrictions" (for lack of a better term) for an unmarried gal to dress the way she did, they shud atleast hav sum for married women......but tats my POV!

how the hell can they assess beauty based on hour-glass figure or flashy smile?
Exactly! As I said, this is all promoting their own publicity & their own West-inspired glitz & glamour section of society.......its difficult -or even impossible- for 99% of the avg. Indian women to even attempt shaping their features & "figures" up for such contests!

Reg....Someone else's wife or mother, its is their problem. As long as the hus is not having a problem, we need not bother bout it.
I daresay there lives a MANDANGI in such hubbies......?! :P :lol:

(There I go again....... dont I? sorry bout it)
Its ok......I know u too well by now! :wink: :lol:

ssanjinika
21st December 2005, 11:05 PM
Most times when I watch a Miss/Mrs contest..I ponder the need for such contests.Its my opinion that the organisers have a more commercial outlook on the whole thing.That seems the more logical reason than any urgent need to find out who the most "beautiful" person in the area is.

P_R
22nd December 2005, 08:55 AM
I don't agree they shud be allowed to dress tat way either

it wud seem all the more inappropriate for married women to dress up in tat way, when they r sumone's wives & maybe even mothers

........while fathers and husbands may dress as they please ?

I can understand (but definitely not agree) if you say Ms. or Mrs. skimpy dressing is unacceptable. But trying to distinguish the two seems far from defensible.

The distinction between the two is not age but the technicality of having a marriage certificate. (Last year, didn't we have a Mrs. Mumbai stripped off her title when they found she was not officially married ?)

In fact I am for cancelling Mrs. competitions and allowing everyone into Ms. This gives a much much needed encouragement to get women not to let go after marriage. Mrs. beauty contents are like giving a handicap. It is not like paralympics because the handicap is not real but only psychological.

blahblah
22nd December 2005, 12:30 PM
Is it such a big thing after all?Whether they dress the way they like or not? I don't think it offends anyone's feelings.

Anyway they aren't going to dance nude on the stage! :roll:

I hope it doesn't go to that extent! :?

nilavupriyan
22nd December 2005, 05:38 PM
edhu nadandhalum ok :mrgreen:

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 08:19 PM
........while fathers and husbands may dress as they please ?
:shock: :roll: :banghead: Oh wellllllllllll..........I guess sumtimes it can't be helped tat more than 1 person misunderstands/misinterprets jus 1 post of 1 other person! :oops:
OK lets get this straight again.....first of all the topic of the thread here is abt Mrs. Chennai, which means it obv. draws discussions on women, not men in ne way I can see! :roll: :? Hence it wud've been relevant to diverge into discussions abt "Miss/Mrs" (as they r women).......but an attempt to compare w/ the dressing of male contestants/models in this particular thread jus din't strike me at all......until u posted ur comment of fathers/husbs.! :huh:
So, its not tat I intend to target only the appearnce of the fairer sex (married or otherwise) in this thread & OTOH approve even if men fancy prancing around stark naked, gyrating their pellvis or nething!! :roll:
Oh, and Prabhu, in further response to ur query on "free" dressing of fathers/husbands, cud u imagine how many women wud get sensually aroused or tend to view men as objects of carnal attraction if men (married or otherwise) walked around bare-chested/in a see-thru underwear- or even stark nude (in which case the women in qsn. wud rather run in the opposite direction or even consider him insane!.......I rem. the ending part of this joke where a man tells a woman tat if he saw her naked he'd die happy.......to which pat replies the woman tat if she saw him naked, she'd die laughing!) :P :lol:
Again I don't mean to say tat its acceptable for men to dress less.....jus talking abt it from the PHYSIOLOGICAL point of view!
Neways, I didn't/don't intend to divulge into debating "eye for an eye" or "wats good for Adams is good for Eves" discussions in this particular thread! :)
Incidentally, who'd want to look at bodies of Indian men neways (unless they're professionally gym-moulded! :P )

The distinction between the two is not age but the technicality of having a marriage certificate. (Last year, didn't we have a Mrs. Mumbai stripped off her title when they found she was not officially married ?)
Of course age isn't the factor here, or else they wudn't mind taking even Mrs.'s who r 60/70+...... :lol:
As for the Mrs. Mumbai incident, funny to hear abt a 'Miss' who was impersonating a 'Mrs'!! Shudn't it hav been the other way round??! :P :D Surely she cudn't hav forged a marriage title only to enter a beauty competition?? In tat case she cud've gone for Miss Mumbai itself! :? :roll:

In fact I am for cancelling Mrs. competitions and allowing everyone into Ms. This gives a much much needed encouragement to get women not to let go after marriage.
Well, lucky for u I guess there r many Mrs. (or is it Ms.) who've already been thinkin along the same lines.....not only in this matter! :)

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 08:27 PM
Aama saami, nee innum bachelor aanathu-naale appidi nenaikirey! Onakum oru Mrs. vanthathuk-approm plate-ey mathavendi varoum, paathuko! :P :lol:

P_R
22nd December 2005, 08:52 PM
in which case the women in qsn. wud rather run in the opposite direction or even consider him insane!.......I rem. the ending part of this joke where a man tells a woman tat if he saw her naked he'd die happy.......to which pat replies the woman tat if she saw him naked, she'd die laughing! :lol:

Incidentally, who'd want to look at bodies of Indian men neways You mean married Indian men right. Well then the argument holds that contests like "Mrs.Chennai" encourage people to not let go after marriage.

Why I tried to make a sex-distinction is this: tell me if I was guessing right or not.

You may feel discomfort (disgust ?) when people strut about in skimpy clothes. But your outrage is more when the woman is married. Whereas you outrage for skimpily-dressed married man is not substantially higher than out of a skimpily dressed bachelor. Am I correct ? Advance apologies if I mine am wrong.

Psychologically why is marital status of a woman more important to us than the marital status of a man ? Why are we(I mean both men and women here) so interested in knowing if a woman is married or not. Decency may postpone enquiry but it hardly dulls eagerness to know. I find this one-sidedness pretty despicable.

unny to hear abt a 'Miss' who was impersonating a 'Mrs'!! Shudn't it hav been the other way round??! Razz simple. She couldn't have won the other way round ! She needed the handicap. The incident spoke more about the concept of the contest than the contest itself.

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 09:13 PM
You mean married Indian men right.
Actually, I wudn't be comfy accepting it even in the case of bachelors (being one myself!).......but as I stated, a man wud be less likely to be viewed by the opp. sex as a sex-symbol based on his physical exposures......again, I'm not saying ok, let us men all walk skimpily clad, no harm can come to us! :)

You may feel discomfort (disgust ?) when people strut about in skimpy clothes. But your outrage is more when the woman is married.
Maybe it stems from the simple reason tat in our culture as opposed to the West, a married woman (who'd most likely be a mother) is supposedly to consider herself to be above such things, she's supposed to set a vow of 'purity' & an example of modesty to her own children, (esp. if she'd hav a daughter for eg.)...........whereas our society isn't compartively tat conservative nemore abt an unmarried woman/teenage girl indulging in such things apparently bcos she isn't committed to ne-one nor in a responsible position of upbringing her successive gens.......this is the best way I can interpret it!

Whereas you outrage for skimpily-dressed married man is not substantially higher than out of a skimpily dressed bachelor.
Bcos most men hardly tend to change, on the outside or inside even after being married?!! :huh: :lol:

Psychologically why is marital status of a woman more important to us than the marital status of a man?
I guess even to this my answer wud be as I'd stated above! :)
Added to tat, I guess the main disadvantage of a similarity in title for all men, bachelor or married ("Mr." in English) in nearly every language, unlike the difference indicating marital status of women! "Master" was of course used only for small/pre-teen boys, not adult bachelors....!

She couldn't have won the other way round ! She needed the handicap.
Hmm........interesting to know the kind of value being given to a "married" title nowadays! :roll:
But not tat men cud catch up in this one thing, as I stated, they hav the same marital title regardless of marital status! :wink: :lol:

nilavupriyan
22nd December 2005, 09:15 PM
Aama saami, nee innum bachelor aanathu-naale appidi nenaikirey! Onakum oru Mrs. vanthathuk-approm plate-ey mathavendi varoum, paathuko! :P :lol:

:roll: ...satre sindhikapada vendiya vishayam

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 09:18 PM
:roll: ...satre sindhikapada vendiya vishayam
Macha inniki illatalum eniko oru naal sindhikapada vendiya vishayam thaan pa! :P :lol:

Raghu
3rd January 2006, 08:05 PM
Aama saami, nee innum bachelor aanathu-naale appidi nenaikirey! Onakum oru Mrs. vanthathuk-approm plate-ey mathavendi varoum, paathuko! :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nms
15th January 2006, 08:05 PM
Beauty is just not limited to revealing clothes and figures..its much more than that.
I do believe "Beauty is in the beholder".

En maela anba irukkuravunga ellam romba azhagha irukkanga!
Avungala compare pannum pothu aish ellam chumma thoosi..
8-) :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
16th January 2006, 08:28 AM
:clap:

nms
17th January 2006, 02:30 AM
ty pp mam. :D

pooja.shankar
25th January 2006, 09:45 AM
of curse .....we shuld accept both.......

if tamil nadus most pretty girl is miss chennai ...then wen she gets married ....y cant she be mrs . chennai ...

besides ...mrs chennai is more imp, coz ....

being pretty b4 marriage is not a big deal as it is after marriage ...

after marriage , children and all ..if a lady is still slim and belle ....it is a great thing ....which needs recognition ......

i hope i get my point across