PDA

View Full Version : Showing Affection in Public Places

blahblah
22nd December 2005, 01:10 PM
I was shocked to watch the barbaric and inhuman incident on TV,where unsuspecting couples who visited the Gandhi Udyan in Meerut were beaten up by women officers who looked like eunuchs.I was reminded of a scene on CNN,where a Taliban guard had beaten up a helpless woman with a stick in Afghanistan just for revealing her face!These women rowdies were pulling the hair of girls and punching and beating them while their male counterparts stopped terrorised girls from running away,with lathis.These cops are cowards and imbeciles who can not make any positive change to the society or touch a single hair of the real goons out there.The most intriguing part is that they had already invited th whole media to witness and telecast their 'heroism' which they call 'operation Majnu'! :x

Why is this happening in India?Almost sixty years after independence are we going back to the stone age?These poor lovers have no other place to spend time together.Our cities offer no other chance for couples to meet except public parks.Or falling in love itself a sin? I have seen this attitude from the police in Bangalore too.I have witnessed the same scene in Lalbagh and was forced to go out from a small park near Richards Town,where I was sitting,talking to my then fiance,now wife!

I am sure almost all of these people are inoffensive lovers and the maximum they do is to hold hands in Public.Why should it offend these thugs?

I hope these terrorists are punished in the most horrible way, and they don't get away with it. :evil:

http://in.news.yahoo.com/051221/137/61n37.html

Shakthiprabha.
22nd December 2005, 01:32 PM
why open a new thread? I suppose this can be discussed under "SHAME" topic itself.

or news in papers?!?!?

blahblah
22nd December 2005, 01:36 PM
No probs,if the mods will!Though the topic I actually meant was about lovers expressing themselves in public places!May be in my anger,I digressed from the topic I started myself! :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
22nd December 2005, 01:37 PM
:lol:

pavalamani pragasam
22nd December 2005, 01:54 PM
Yes, "A Shame" is also to discuss the propriety of western style of "love" and all that follows/includes! :oops: Like pampering the poor things by opening condom vending machines everywhere! :oops:

Sandeep
22nd December 2005, 02:23 PM
The merut insident was a shame on the nation. A girl has gone to the court because she was beaten while talking to her brother. She was called a whore. One lover couple (Anil or Ajit or something) has not returned home after the incident. Police doesnt have the right to punish or even to declare someone as guilty. Thats what courts are established for.

Anyway I am happy to see them in suspended.

As for the real Topic I am not very much in support of public display of love (especially in non-lover bird spots) as you are causing inconvenience to others. For instance a stroll in Lalbagh (Bangalore), which should help you relax your senses, will instead raise your blood pressure.

Chappani
22nd December 2005, 03:12 PM
I think there is much more to this whole episode than just the police officers illtreating the ladies in the park.

The lady claiming to be with her Bother seems to be a cookedup story. People who roam around in parks most of the times are people who are involved in activities that cannot be done in public view. As Sandeep told, you just cannot have a walk round the park Lalbagh with your young ones. I think such actions are good to: it checks on im-moral activities in public areas and sends a message to all maintain public desency.

Most of the time the police officers need to be harsh because the people whom they interact belong to a different class and need to be handled that way and ofcouse just looking at people you cannot decide as to which class they belong to, you need to have a feel of them initially.

ssanjinika
22nd December 2005, 06:43 PM
What I'd like to know is ..is the crime in the city of Meerut down to such a level that the police have nothing else better todo?Arent there any robbers,murderers,kidnappers etc etc they are supposed to be chasing??

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd December 2005, 07:12 PM
I dont want to support either! Bangalore ppl just tell me whats happening at Lalbagh garden..and Chennai ppl just tell me whats happening at Guindy childrens park? If you think whats happening there are legal..then no issues! India is still conservative country when you bring your families(with small kids or teenage gals or guys) the family head will be embarrassed.As long the lovers maintains the decorum of the park then no problem.But to be honest what i saw in both of the parks..OMG hard to digest!

alwarpet_andavan
22nd December 2005, 07:14 PM
What is the difference between a cop and a maggot?

A maggot only lives off carcasses

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 08:51 PM
Looks like these things don't go on just in big cities nemore......I once heard tat on the outskirts of Srikakulam dist. AP, on the bank of sum river, the police found a man and woman actually having *** , arresting them straightaway! And turns out tat both of them were not immature, misguided teenagers but actually famous lawyers in a nearby town!! :shock: :evil:
But yea, there r cases where cops misuse their law & moral police power & assault even unsuspecting ppl. w/out even bothering to verify nething! :evil:

Raghu
22nd December 2005, 09:14 PM
Looks like these things don't go on just in big cities nemore......I once heard tat on the outskirts of Srikakulam dist. AP, on the bank of sum river, the police found a man and woman actually having *** , arresting them straightaway! And turns out tat both of them were not immature, misguided teenagers but actually famous lawyers in a nearby town!! :shock: :evil:
But yea, there r cases where cops misuse their law & moral police power & assault even unsuspecting ppl. w/out even bothering to verify nething! :evil:

Aiyo Iswara, naama oorilaiyuma :shock: :x :evil: :twisted: , The only difference between HUMANS and ANIMALS has been resolved as well, ellam kali yugam pa, intha mathiri barberic acts SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!!!

nilavupriyan
22nd December 2005, 09:18 PM
what does that police officer think....she must be punished and that must be a warning for others! :twisted:

Raghu
22nd December 2005, 09:27 PM

Ya true, in London, on 07/07/05 , there were 4 terrorists blasts, and around 60 ppl were killed, so the so called highly EGOIST metropolitan police from Scotland yard did some WRONG investigation, followed a poor Brazilian on the London underground system (the metro), in civil, wait for him to leave the train and shot him several times on the head and killed the poor fellow in barbaric way, and in the end, it turned out that they got their information wrong, and they police NEVER at apologised to the family of the poor guy, no compensations were given no public enquiry, and they are so proud to be British
argHHHHHHHHHHHHH :twisted: :twisted:

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 09:28 PM
Aiyo Iswara, naama oorilaiyuma :shock: :x :evil: :twisted: , The only difference between HUMANS and ANIMALS has been resolved as well, ellam kali yugam pa, intha mathiri barberic acts SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!!!
Aama Raghu correct-a thaan sollarenga! Nammaku veli-lendhu theriyatha indha mathiri nariya nadakathu.......! Incidentally, I've heard of similar incidents to the one I mentioned often happening in long dist. intl. AI flights as well! And those flight crews r suppsoed to be very sophisticated ppl. (& most of them look old enuff to be in the Uncle/Aunty category!) :x :hammer:
Of course many ppl. say tat we r too conservative a society but then even in countries like Singapore w/ more "open", westernized societies, ppl. take care to maintain a limit as to wat to do where.....in Singapore it'd be illegal/punishable w/ fine if neone was caught doing such acts in a public park, leave alone in their airlines!

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 09:32 PM
...........shot him several times on the head and killed the poor fellow in barbaric way, and in the end, it turned out that they got their information wrong, and they police NEVER at apologised to the family of the poor guy, no compensations were given no public enquiry, and they are so proud to be British
WT.... :shock: :evil: :hammer:
Tat certainly is most barbaric! And I thot Indian police were really sumthing.......! But if the truth was publicly known at the end, surely those officers shud've been dismissed/sued/ even jailed right??!! This being the case in a developd country w/ better laws etc.!! :shock:

Raghu
22nd December 2005, 09:44 PM
Lambretta,

Kadhal endra PUNITHAMANA varthaiyai payan paduthi thanga kaama veriyai theerthukiranga intha miruganka, cha
ithu onu thaan manushanukum mirugathukum ulla vithiyaasam,

U know, one thing lambretta, they way I am bought and the way I imagine the world, full
of moral values, full of wisdom, peace, love, spirituality , etc etc. i really find it extremley
hard to digest and feels like running away from all these filth, and settle in Kailsah!!

cha intha ulagam 2005 ila ipadina 2010 ila epadi irukumnu ninaichu paathale romba bayamairuku

Raghu
22nd December 2005, 09:49 PM
...........shot him several times on the head and killed the poor fellow in barbaric way, and in the end, it turned out that they got their information wrong, and they police NEVER at apologised to the family of the poor guy, no compensations were given no public enquiry, and they are so proud to be British
WT.... :shock: :evil: :hammer:
Tat certainly is most barbaric! And I thot Indian police were really sumthing.......! But if the truth was publicly known at the end, surely those officers shud've been dismissed/sued/ even jailed right??!! This being the case in a developd country w/ better laws etc.!! :shock:

Lambretta,

ithula English police, Indian Police nu
oru vithiyasamum ila, manushanukku matham vanthidichu, antha kadavaulai maranthu ,' Naan naan naan ' -nu ego vantha ipadithaan

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 09:56 PM
U know, one thing lambretta, they way I am bought and the way I imagine the world, full
of moral values, full of wisdom, peace, love, spirituality , etc etc. i really find it extremley hard to digest and feels like running away from all these filth, and settle in Kailsah!!
Actually ur not the only one who feels like running away from the present day scenario! Altho my escape abode is too far to reach comp'd to even Kailash (3-4 decades behind! :( )

cha intha ulagam 2005 ila ipadina 2010 ila epadi irukumnu ninaichu paathale romba bayamairuku
2010 le eppidi irrukum-nu eppove theriyuthe....! Aana nammak-u vanthu retirement age aaharthukulle innum eppidi irrukumo entho......! :shock: :(

Lambretta
22nd December 2005, 10:00 PM
ithula English police, Indian Police nu
oru vithiyasamum ila, manushanukku matham vanthidichu, antha kadavaulai maranthu ,' Naan naan naan ' -nu ego vantha ipadithaan
Yea.......I now rem. my friend once telling me tat in London the police don't give a damn if u've been mugged/assaulted/house-invaded if ur one of certain "coloured" races.....!! Wat kind of democracy is tat??!! :evil:

schnappi
24th December 2005, 05:53 PM

Ya true, in London, on 07/07/05 , there were 4 terrorists blasts, and around 60 ppl were killed, so the so called highly EGOIST metropolitan police from Scotland yard did some WRONG investigation, followed a poor Brazilian on the London underground system (the metro), in civil, wait for him to leave the train and shot him several times on the head and killed the poor fellow in barbaric way, and in the end, it turned out that they got their information wrong, and they police NEVER at apologised to the family of the poor guy, no compensations were given no public enquiry, and they are so proud to be British

My dear Sir Raghu,

please don't talk BS! Try your best the next time, mister.
There had indeed been a big hullabaloo because they tried to hide their mistakes! And the latest about Jean Charles de Menezes incident: Blair 'welcomes' Menezes inquiry
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4482042.stm

Mr Raghu, you are welcome to check the link given and get informed about
i) TUBE SHOOTING INQUIRY
ii) FEATURES AND ANALYSIS
iii) THE BACKGROUND [/b]
iv) read through the HAVE YOUR SAY: http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?threadID=465&start=0&edition=1&ttl=20051128142339
v) VIDEO Sir Ian Blair explains how he feels about the inquiry
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4482042.stm#

I only raise the question why the indians are that much (s)cared about lovers in public places? Should they not be much furious about their pariah dogs in and arround the temple premises? I have seen what I have seen! Why do they then sing about love and lovers and play it from every corner? One shop louder than the other?

Lambretta
24th December 2005, 07:52 PM
I only raise the question why the indians are that much (s)cared about lovers in public places? Should they not be much furious about their pariah dogs in and arround the temple premises? I have seen what I have seen! Why do they then sing about love and lovers and play it from every corner? One shop louder than the other?
Actually the trouble is these embarassing scenes in public parks, which r being discussed by sum here, r done in most cases, not by those in love but in lust! :evil:
Nothing wrong in a Romeo & Juliet expressing their love in public provided they maintain sum limits, namely in this case, knowing the diff. between a public park (which is meant for the general public, inc. kids) & their own bedroom, or bathroom or wherever they do it in privacy of their home......!
Also if the ppl. indulging in such acts r indeed lovers, then surely they can as well spend time together in the parks w/out all this mush tat causes much embarassment! :D
Aside, I do agree w/ ur statement abt how most of our films project our society as a hypocritic one!

Shakthiprabha.
24th December 2005, 10:36 PM
Hey I need to quote one incident here.

Today I happen to take my daughter to a public (local) park near by.

The act was NOT OBSCENE. There were just nice new(or old?) pair of lovers or couples or whatever. They were just talkin few nice things and exchanging laughter and smiles. NOTHING WRONG AT ALL.

The only problem was SHE was SITTING ON HIS LAP.
There were ppl walkin by(for their walks), children playing etc.

I suppose we would get immune to these soon! :sad:
I suppose we NEED TO. I felt kinda weirdly embarassing, and pulled my daughter to the other side of the park to play. (THE kind of questions kids ask is unmanageable!!)

Anything can be done inside 4 walls. Who one sleeps around with whom or what is their moral cadre, NOBODY can question. Public places, can be left lil free to breathe for all age groups. This is my personl feeling.

COPS dealing so harshly though is UNWARRANTED. They have better things to do, than target these young lil things with their private matters(sad tht they dont keep it private within 4 walls!)

At home we can make our kid watch only cartoons. What can the parents do in a public place? In a public place, if kids get to see such open affection, makes them sadly to GROW OUT OF INNOCENCE very very very soon.

Holding hands, or little swift pecks, hugs etc are kinda okei. But showing extreme and prolonged affection CAN BE AVOIDED.

alwarpet_andavan
6th January 2006, 06:30 PM
1) Maintaining the love/lust dichotomy smacks of Victorian prudishness, ignoring biological and emotional reality
2) The cops are pathetic immoral losers who resort to moral policing and harassment of the innocent public to cover up their impotence in dealing with the real criminals and their own nexus with hoodlums and politicians.
As an individual i fear and loathe cops more than theives....

Lambretta
6th January 2006, 07:26 PM
1) Maintaining the love/lust dichotomy smacks of Victorian prudishness, ignoring biological and emotional reality
Well even biological realities can be controlled (except the call of nature in most cases!).....

As an individual i fear and loathe cops more than theives....
So do I! :(

Raghu
6th January 2006, 08:39 PM
Vaaya BS bad boy, speak decently , I am always ready to accept when I am wrong,

If i was wrong, address it in a nice a way, dont try your rudeness here again, coming in infinite avatars shows , that u r desperate, as u have NEVER had any respect in this hub cos of your behaviour, and by coming in different avatars, is not going to change anything.

so please , when u post post it in a nice way, so ppl here will like u!

KoH
6th January 2006, 10:04 PM
Vaaya BS bad boy, speak decently , I am always ready to accept when I am wrong,

If i was wrong, address it in a nice a way, dont try your rudeness here again, coming in infinite avatars shows , that u r desperate, as u have NEVER had any respect in this hub cos of your behaviour, and by coming in different avatars, is not going to change anything.

so please , when u post post it in a nice way, so ppl here will like u!
Then don't talk BS! Think twice before you talk! Sorry, in your case thrice! To be decent: Please do think and check carefully before you whisper carless words! And anyone can and should expect from a being living in England that he is well informed about the things that are happening arround him!

So back to business as usual:
What the hell are you crying here? Is it a like me or like me not competition here in the hub? And ask the Moderators why they ban me! It is a sport for them and I am too smart for them! Smartness is that what you are always lacking of!

So were you wrong? Did you go through the links I gave? Do it first and then address me as Sire!

Yours,
Knight of Honour!

Querida
6th January 2006, 11:31 PM
well i can say from another view that here, there are no such rules...but then again this kinda thing is not so rampant here as movies/hubbers seems to indicate it is in India (for example)...but yeah they're people who strive for attention and act amorous in public...it is almost pitieous that these people have to publicly display their affection to prove that they love each other :roll: i have no problem with hand-holding, walking close etc. but otherwise it is VERY embarrasing for others (whether or not you have a kid with you)... but to go the extent of beating and making it a spectacle is rather hypocritical seeing the "officials" are acting as animalistic as the so-called lovers are.

phil
7th January 2006, 06:16 AM
well i can say from another view that here, there are no such rules...but then again this kinda thing is not so rampant here as movies/hubbers seems to indicate it is in India (for example)...but yeah they're people who strive for attention and act amorous in public...it is almost pitieous that these people have to publicly display their affection to prove that they love each other :roll: i have no problem with hand-holding, walking close etc. but otherwise it is VERY embarrasing for others (whether or not you have a kid with you)... but to go the extent of beating and making it a spectacle is rather hypocritical seeing the "officials" are acting as animalistic as the so-called lovers are.

Querida, that was funtastic explantion.
Things have changed a lot in India except for the old generations still sticking on to such practices.
I think those policemen who beat that couple should be supporters of RSS or something. Should i use the word darling to get a reply?? :roll: .

Sandeep
9th January 2006, 07:02 AM
I think those policemen who beat that couple should be supporters of RSS or something. Should

Sushma swaraj (of BJP) was the most vocal person against this incident. Moreover it happened in a state ruled by SP with cong support, still the blame goes to RSS.

We are not allowed to talk politics here and hence please dont make such accusitions here.

blahblah
9th January 2006, 11:44 AM
The problem here is not politics!Moral policing in India has reached a stage where even married couples can not take a stroll in a park with out attracting suspicious looks.

I had a very funny experience last December in Kerala.Myself and my wife were waiting for a relative after visiting her aunt near a bird sanctury which is famous for arousing the interest of Salim Ali the famous bird watcher scientist. We were new there ofcourse and a couple of guys came to us and wanted where we were going!The reason?-We both look younger than what we are and the sanctury,it appears is a favourite place for young couples from the nearby college!

Even if we were going there what is the problem for these morons? :x Did they father all the students in that college?

I have been a regular parkgoer for years, and I can tell you that most lovers just hold hands and nothing else.And consider that our society offers absolutely no place for youngsters to meet and mingle! Isn't it natural for people to fall in love and can it happen every time over the phone or on the net? These big daddys and big mommies have no scruples in forgetting that they too were young once-and what all could have happened then!!!! :lol: [/b]

Sandeep
9th January 2006, 12:46 PM
Well just holding hands or talking is acceptable. But what I have seen directly in Lalbagh is not just that.

I am not interested in moral policing. But there needs to be some civic sense. So my request these so called love birds is "Go get a room".

Shakthiprabha.
9th January 2006, 01:20 PM
Lambretta,

They dont JUST hold hands anymore. Sometimes its lil beyond that (atleast in bangalore!!)

alwarpet_andavan
9th January 2006, 01:52 PM
So my request these so called love birds is "Go get a room".
Not possible. The couple will be booked under Immoral Trafficking Act and she will be taken in as a prostitute and he, as a "customer"!

And while this is happening, in a shady by lane in a downtown area of the same city, a policeman will solicit the services of a sex worker, and when he is on-duty!

Sandeep
9th January 2006, 01:56 PM
Very true :(

Lambretta
9th January 2006, 07:31 PM
Well just holding hands or talking is acceptable. But what I have seen directly in Lalbagh is not just that.
I am not interested in moral policing. But there needs to be some civic sense.
Exactly! :D Nothing wrong w/ a little personal show of affection as long as it doesn't transcend the limits of wat is acceptable......& surely ne mature adult couple shud know tat......come to think of it, I rem. often noticing even in rules-bound Singapore, where teen couples & even many Western tourists wud go to a much more severe extreme from jus holding hands or giving each-other the 'lovey-dovey' look......esp. in the MRT trains/buses! :oops: :P

Lambretta
9th January 2006, 07:32 PM
Lambretta,

They dont JUST hold hands anymore. Sometimes its lil beyond that (atleast in bangalore!!)
Yea poor B'lore......!

Lambretta
9th January 2006, 07:33 PM
And while this is happening, in a shady by lane in a downtown area of the same city, a policeman will solicit the services of a sex worker, and when he is on-duty!
True! One reason y I've lost faith in our police!

nms
10th January 2006, 01:36 AM
Our Policemen need to be taught moral behavior.They have to realize that they r law keepers and not law makers.Bullying is not a way to keep law.

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 03:28 PM
i dunno wat pleasure people get out of terrorism .............