PDA

View Full Version : "Oru Naalil"-from Pudhuppettai

kalladicrapp
30th December 2005, 01:14 AM
I think this is a song worth writing about.Donno if somenes gonna come up with the 'originals here' claim later.The songs start reminded me of hotel california from Hell freezes over live show.The tune and orchestration soon weaved its magic around me.The guitar and bagpiper interludes sounds just like high quality rock renditions from jethro tull and jerry garcia.Apart from the lil blemish coming from Yuvans untrained voice...for me thiss the song of the year

Scale
30th December 2005, 09:00 AM
I think this is a song worth writing about.Donno if somenes gonna come up with the 'originals here' claim later.The songs start reminded me of hotel california from Hell freezes over live show.The tune and orchestration soon weaved its magic around me.The guitar and bagpiper interludes sounds just like high quality rock renditions from jethro tull and jerry garcia.Apart from the lil blemish coming from Yuvans untrained voice...for me thiss the song of the year

:rotfl: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 2005 or 2006?

sureshmehcnit
30th December 2005, 10:05 AM
Truly a great song. the way the violin playing a sweet melody emerging from silence in the second interlude is a mind blowing.

Sureshkumar

www.ursmusically.blogspot.com

Scale
30th December 2005, 10:25 AM
Suresh, Agreed.

5. Oru Naalil: Good choice of vocals by YSR himself. It will really suit dhanush and his gangster hero solo (aim). Brilliant usage of Acoustic, Electric Guitar and Violin as credited in the track list itself. Sure hit.

Where is bagpiper here?

Song of the year? :roll: :huh:

thamizhvaanan
30th December 2005, 04:01 PM
oh yea, i guess wat he implied was infact violin. I am not an expert on instruments, but i guess it is a violin playing a scottish tune(thats why sounds like bagpiper)
Anyway the interludes are truly great both guitar and violin. Sad that when YSR comes up with good music we wud never be able to appreciate heartily, coz u r always unsure wether the music is his!! To blatantly lift not only tunes but music that too during his career's infancy really takes away credibility from a fellow!
hate to do this but anyway ....
anyone noticed?Merke Merke <==> Manasu rendum paarka (the charanam part) i dont think they are similar. i think they are the same!! same singer same bg diff lyrics. anyone agreeing with me?

Sundar12345
30th December 2005, 05:30 PM
:oops: LISTEN TO THIS ONE AND THEN :arrow: :oops: :( :| :( :) :o

kalladicrapp
31st December 2005, 01:16 AM
i do thamizh..my my...my sworn enemy scales' here..aint the violin exact replica of lone scot bagpiper theme from boxcar bertha bgm.

kalladicrapp
31st December 2005, 01:19 AM
2005 obviously scale....next year its Vallavan....waited all 12 months and trounced each and every hits and misses..

Scale
31st December 2005, 10:04 AM
i do thamizh..my my...my sworn enemy scales' here..aint the violin exact replica of lone scot bagpiper theme from boxcar bertha bgm.

sworn enemy. :rotfl:

Give me a valid reason to vow (enemy) against you or yr YSR. :lol: :rotfl:

Can you pls upload or provide me the link for that bgm?. unmai eppadiyellamo varuthu..... :notworthy: :notworthy:

Justice
31st December 2005, 10:17 AM
YSR ROCKS :clap:

kalladicrapp
31st December 2005, 10:42 AM
scale dude i heard the bit from my fathers old LP record.I think youll'have to try Roger Corman productions or music from Roger Corman films.

Sanjeevi
2nd January 2006, 12:46 PM
Fantastic music composition esepcially the violin interlude. I also like the oh..oh.. oh a typical YSR humming.

Second interlude in Neruppu vayinil rocks.

Kamal voice perfectly suits the situation. And the song create the mood.