PDA

View Full Version : Hyderabad Pearls

Alan
30th December 2005, 06:04 PM
Well, I know this is more of a ladies' topic but I didn't whom else to ask.

Well, my mom bought a three layered mauve Pearl necklace from Jagdambha Pearls, Hyderabad in 2001. But since last year, she's been saying that the colour has diminished. I've already mailed them asking why this has happened but got no reply so far.

She has always taken care of it, she always kept in the velvet case, kept it away from perfumes, sunlight & other chemical stuff yet.... the guarantee period was 2 years but that's over, of course.
Has something similar happened to anyone? I was told that Jagdambha was a reliable pearl shop.

I also plan to buy Pearls for my fiance as a wedding gift ( My marriage is on April 15th, 2006) Is it reliable to buy it online?

Thanks in advance!
Alan

Surya
31st December 2005, 05:55 AM
I've already mailed them asking why this has happened but got no reply so far.

Alan, :D
Don't count on it! :lol:

( My marriage is on April 15th, 2006)
Advance Congrats! :thumbsup:

Is it reliable to buy it online? I wouldn't recomend it! If u buy it fromt he store itself, then if something goes wrong, u know who to contact, if it's over the net, then who the hell knows when ur gonna get what u want?

Lambretta
31st December 2005, 09:05 AM
Has something similar happened to anyone? I was told that Jagdambha was a reliable pearl shop.
So was I, its infact the most famous pearl store in Hyd.! Surprised tat this happened......! :?

I also plan to buy Pearls for my fiance as a wedding gift ( My marriage is on April 15th, 2006) Is it reliable to buy it online?
As Surya suggests prob. not.....! :)
Also by online do u mean from stores tat r abroad?? Tat may be tough & also risky cos it might attract the attention of customs while being shipped & cud even get stolen on the way......!

Alan
1st January 2006, 07:50 AM
Yes, Jagdhambha- sad story. My cousin who is a Major , had gone with Mom to Jagdhambha to make the purchase. Jagdhambha gives Defence Personnel a discount of 35-40%.

Now, I'm beginning to wonder if the quality is becaus of the discount???