PDA

View Full Version : Top music-directors of 2005

coucou
31st December 2005, 02:23 PM
Top music-directors of 2005
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, December 31, 2005]

Harris Jeyaraj

It was his year. Harris Jeyaraj has emerged the numero uno music-director. He has come up with hit numbers in Anniyan and Ghajini. While his tunes in Totti Jaya were also foot-tapping.

Yuvan Shankar Raja

Grown in stature. His tunes in movies including Arindhum Ariyamalum, Kanda Naal Mudhal, Sandai Kozhi till the recent Puthupet have been topping the audio charts. He is sure to give a stiff competition to Harris and Rehman.

Vidyasagar

The man who gave the hit songs in Rajinikanth's Chandramukhi. He has been having a good year so far with all his songs getting good reviews. More importantly his musical score for a Telugu movie fetched him the National award for last year. Songs in Majaa, Aathi and Ponniyin Selvan have been received well by music buffs.

A R Rehman

Though he had just a one big release Ah Aah, he still managed to leave his magic. The song Maramkothiyae had Rehman's touch all through. He had ended the year on a optimistic note getting the big offer to score music for Rajini's Sivaji.

Srikanth Deva

The son of music director Deva is making his presence felt in Kollywood. His Sivakasi and Bambharakannaley are hits. He is currently busy with over half-a-dozen offers in his kitty.

are u agree with this clasement?

For me :
1-harris eyaraj
2-ysr
3-arr
4-vidyasagar
5-devi sri prasad

ansa400
31st December 2005, 02:45 PM
The top music directors are rated based on the success of the movie I guess. HJ had Anniyan & Gajini which were super hits, Ullam ketkume - hit & Tottijaya -Avg., no wonder he is in the 1st place.The 5th place is open to all. No one to choose from. D.S.Prasad, Dina, S.Deva, Iman etc.. all the same.

Renault
31st December 2005, 03:39 PM
Absolutely Bull!!

Srikanth Deva at # 5 is nonsense. It should be Yuvan at #1 and probably Ilayaraja (writing this with a heavy heart) at # 5 as he gave quality songs for movies that didn't run well.

Yuvan is indeed the number 1 as i don't consider Anniyan songs near Arindhum Ariyamalum.

Sundar12345
31st December 2005, 05:30 PM
YSR - 1
ARR - 2
HJ - 3
VIDYASAGAR - 4
IR - 5

Sundar12345
31st December 2005, 05:32 PM
Deva's family must not be given any place in the top 10
I tell you
6 - Bharadwaj
7 - Jhosua Sridhar
8 - Vijay Anthony
9 - D.imman
10 - devi sri prasad.
11 - Dhina (MANMADHA RAASA)
May at 12th place
DEVA :oops: will enter

dinesh2002
31st December 2005, 07:48 PM
Popular Wise 2005 :

1.Harris Jeyaraj
2.Yuvan Shankar Raja
3.Vidyasagar
4.Sri Devi Prasad
5.A.R.Rahman

Quality Wise 2005 :

1.A.R.Rahman & Illaiyaraja
2.Yuvan Shankar Raja
3.Vidyasagar
4.Harris Jeyaraj
5.Sri Devi Prasad

wut u guys htink???

july
31st December 2005, 08:44 PM
Their selecting by Popularity of songs and HIt of the movie...
Anniyan, Ghajini, Thotti Jaya <--- 3 consucutive HIT..no wonder HJ in number 1 place...

i Agree with Dinesh rating 8-)

ansa400
1st January 2006, 10:39 PM
NEW POINTS SYSTEM FOR MUSIC DIRECTORS

Points before Movie release

Music Directors Points

A R Rahman 5

YSR 4

VS 3

HJ 3

Points after Movie release

Music Directors Points

A R R 2

YSR 4

VS 3

HJ 5

Total Points

A R R 7

YSR 8

VS 6

HJ 8

Overall Rank

A R R 3

YSR 1

HJ 1

VS 4

:wink: :lol:

njv
1st January 2006, 11:58 PM
july

neither music nor movie thotti jeya was a hit, but your point is correct thought. for HJ it was anniyan, gajini and ullam ketkumae (the best of 2005 was ullam ketkumae, though the audio was released in 2003)

app_engine
4th January 2006, 12:17 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/12/30/stories/2005123001140100.htm

says `thotti jaya' is profitable...that makes HJ the one with max # of movies that were hits...YSR / VS had two each...

MADDY
4th January 2006, 04:00 PM
It was definitely HJ's year.....no doubt.....Anniyan, Ghajini is more than a proof for this.......but YSR also threatened with Arindhum......as always maintained he seems to be the future ARR or IR but when will he make ARR and IR the past YSR is yet to be seen....comeon yuvan u can do it this year.... :thumbsup: ........

but the most interesting battle of this year - Oru Kalluriyin kadhai, Thotti jeya and A ah yet again proved that when faced head on with ARR, HJ and YSR have no answers to it....... :D

but i wud definitely give it to HJ for 2005......suttum vizhi song is the song of the year........

Sundar12345
4th January 2006, 04:56 PM
YSR - 1
ARR - 2
HJ - 3
VIDYASAGAR - 4
IR - 5
6 - Bharadwaj
7 - Jhosua Sridhar
8 - Vijay Anthony
9 - D.imman
10 - devi sri prasad.
11 - Dhina (MANMADHA RAASA)
May at 12th place
DEVA will enter

karthik_sa2
4th January 2006, 10:52 PM
as per quality music and hits i wud rate yuvan at no1.even his ore kallorien kadhai was superb.since the film was a great flop the songs didnt reach people that much.his 2005 movies r
1.raam<big hit>
2.arindhum ariyamalum<big hit>
3.ore lallorien kadhai<songs were superb though not a big hit>
4.sandai kozhi<average>
5.kanda naal mudhal<big hit>
6.daas<songs were hit>

1.yuvan
2.hj
3.vs
4.arr

but thiruvasagam by IR is the best of 2005

Surya
5th January 2006, 04:17 AM
1. Ilayaraja. (Thiruvasagam. :clap: :clap:

2. Harris Jeyaraj. (Gajini, Anniyan, Thotti Jeya)

3. Vidhyasagar. (Thanga Thalaivar Naditha: Chandramukhi!! :clap:

4. ARR. (Anbe Aaruyire)

5. Devi Sri Prasad. (Mazhai, Mayaavi.)

Sanjeevi
5th January 2006, 09:48 AM
I think HJ was lucky at 2005. He obtained big projects and did well.

But true no. 1 is YSR. :thumbsup:
He succeeded without a big back gang

IMHO, don't take IR with these kids. IR is always No. 1 :thumbsup:

inetk
5th January 2006, 10:58 AM
If commercial success is the yardstick, HJ and VS are on top, But HJ's success in Anniyan was to be expected anyway - and even there he had a mega dud like Kaadhal Yaanai...I still remember the disbelief when it leaked out before the official release in some site.

Ghajini...yes, this was a genuine HJ success but it sure did not show any growth for HJ as a composer. It was good, appealing ear-candy.

VS had a solid hit in Chandramukhi, but again, that is expected too. What do you expect - songs in a Rajini movie to go bust? No way. But VS's Majaa score was surprisingly good too, even though the movie went unnoticed.

YSR is the one who showed considerable growth as a composer in terms of maturity in compositions, variety and sheer audacity to take up so many projects and still come up trumps. YSR has truly evolved in the last year.

rajasaranam
6th January 2006, 02:26 AM
Hmmm... History has come a full circle :)
Now its ARR fans turn to fight against the fans of YSR,HJ,VS,BW,SD,SM,JS etc., to prove their favourite composer is better in terms of quality.
Popularity or sales doesnt count
Werent we saying the same for the past 12 years or so :oops:
Nice to note people like Dinesh are acknowledging IR in equal terms with ARR quality wise :)

rajdes
6th January 2006, 11:55 AM
RS, do you know the MSV fans were saying the same thing 12 years ago - what you are saying now :-)
Yes, these things go in cycles - for you and me, IR would be the SUN( imean inspite of recognising that ARR and MSV are equal to IR, my playlist would inevitably have twice as much IR as all others put together), for these guys it would be ARR and so on...only thing for sure is noboody would hold similar feelings for SA Rajkumar or Sirpi :-)

thamizhvaanan
6th January 2006, 05:42 PM
:)) :)) :))

vasanth2006
2nd February 2006, 06:30 PM
According to popularity

1)YSR

2)HJ

3)VS

4)ARR

5)Devi Sri Prasad/ Srikanth Deva

MADDY
3rd February 2006, 11:16 AM
According to popularity

1)YSR

2)HJ

3)VS

4)ARR

dear, ARR has more fans than YSR+HJ+VS combined......so u may better rate them on movie success as that is where ARR is badly hit and these guys are doing well.....strange that ARR is nearing his end becuase of same directors who bought them to this peak.......

interz
4th February 2006, 05:40 PM
thanks for putting VS on third spot Vasanth, however i do believe ar-hj-and ysr has the first three positions, i dont dare to rank them because arr rahman fans would threat me.

thamizhvaanan
5th February 2006, 09:18 AM
According to popularity

1)YSR

2)HJ

3)VS

4)ARR

it seems that ARR has just edged past Devi sri , Srikant and co. he must be a really bad MD then!!! :?:

YSR's popularity is definitely increasing but no at no point in time will he be able to overtake ARR's popularity. Just google search A R Rahman and Yuvan. See who gets more hits and more fan sites. ARR's fans are all over the world. You can see them commenting in from BBCworld.com to amazon.com to imdb.com. none of YSR's albums release will be able to match with the hype b4 an ARR bonanza.

Recently it was said in hindu that Aamir khan's films are a huge draw in chennai, even outdoing local films at times. The main reason behind that is ARR in each of his films.I dont remember Dil Chahta Hai becoming a hit in chennai. cmon, they even put ARRs picture on promos and u say he isnt popular. It is just outright c*ap!

MADDY
5th February 2006, 09:49 AM
it seems that ARR has just edged past Devi sri , Srikant and co. he must be a really bad MD then!!! :?:

YSR's popularity is definitely increasing but no at no point in time will he be able to overtake ARR's popularity. Just google search A R Rahman and Yuvan. See who gets more hits and more fan sites. ARR's fans are all over the world. You can see them commenting in from BBCworld.com to amazon.com to imdb.com. none of YSR's albums release will be able to match with the hype b4 an ARR bonanza.

Recently it was said in hindu that Aamir khan's films are a huge draw in chennai, even outdoing local films at times. The main reason behind that is ARR in each of his films.I dont remember Dil Chahta Hai becoming a hit in chennai. cmon, they even put ARRs picture on promos and u say he isnt popular. It is just outright c*ap!

hey well said thamizh, i also accept YSR is a hit MD in tamil than ARR as of now, but when it comes to popularity it is still ARR.....ARR is a huge name , so it is really unfair to call ARR less popular than YSR and HJ....its just his movies arent doing well, for which he cannot be blamed....

dinesh2002
5th February 2006, 10:02 AM
Maddy....no offence though..im not sure r u beein flexible or ... but 1st u said :

.....strange that ARR is nearing his end becuase of same directors who bought them to this peak.......

and now :

i also accept YSR is a hit MD in tamil than ARR as of now, but when it comes to popularity it is still ARR.....ARR is a huge name , so it is really unfair to call ARR less popular than YSR and HJ....its just his movies arent doing well, for which he cannot be blamed....

enna man sollu vaare...ARR is time is over or r u blaming his movies now for his failure ???? :roll: if u say his movies r his failures...u have no rights to say he is nearing his end 8-)

MADDY
5th February 2006, 11:03 AM
Maddy....no offence though..im not sure r u beein flexible or ... but 1st u said :

.....strange that ARR is nearing his end becuase of same directors who bought them to this peak.......

and now :

i also accept YSR is a hit MD in tamil than ARR as of now, but when it comes to popularity it is still ARR.....ARR is a huge name , so it is really unfair to call ARR less popular than YSR and HJ....its just his movies arent doing well, for which he cannot be blamed....

enna man sollu vaare...ARR is time is over or r u blaming his movies now for his failure ???? :roll: if u say his movies r his failures...u have no rights to say he is nearing his end 8-)

u know wat i meant here dinesh, ARR's music is doing good which is y he is still popular but his movies are doing bad which will shorten his career...........

i know, nobody can take ARR out of TFM/HFM but u know,mere existing wont count, he shuld be no.1........for that he needs hit movies which he is not getting......

or better option wud be plunging into private albums where he will have his creative freedom, non-dependance on movie doing well or not, stopped getting compared to lesser mortals like YSR,HJ.......

dinesh2002
5th February 2006, 11:14 AM
i think we need to give atleast ARR this year to decide...coz he has all the major hit makers with him this year.... the thing is...when his album releases,they song/album will b no1...and when movie releases,and running into average/flop,it brings the song's popularity down with it too...

vasanth2006
6th February 2006, 11:35 AM
[tscii:8f90f5c8fe]Hey guys! I think u wrongly understood that order.

I categorized based on the songs popularity of 2005, not entire carrier.

That is the order of 2005.First read the forum title.

According to popularity and quality, for entire carrier… (this is my opinion)

1) IR/ARR

2) YSR (YSR is now only slight edge over VS and HJ)

3)VS

4)HJ

5)DEVA
[/tscii:8f90f5c8fe]

jibi
7th February 2006, 08:06 AM
who composed the songs in vairamuthu album tsunami

m_23_bayarea
8th February 2006, 10:35 PM
I think HJ had a great year in 2005 .... And next comes YSR ..... But 2006, there will be only one name heard in every single song ... and that's the legend ARR !!!! :thumbsup:

thamizhvaanan
9th February 2006, 03:09 PM
when movie releases,and running into average/flop,it brings the song's popularity down with it too...

i think an ARR album will be at its popular best not during the album release or film release. his music takes time to grow and so it really haunts general public's minds after quite a bit of time. an ARR fan mite dedicate hrs listenin to his music, but for normal ppl, its just by chance.

remember when Boys audio released it reinvigorated TFM industry. but its effects were really felt after the movie bombed when the music bcame really popular. so much that it created a gr8 anticipation from his next album, E20 U18, for which album sales were sky high rite from the beginning. it even sold more cassettes than Boys.

so it is this pre-release hype that carries from one album to the other, that sells most of ARRs albums. so if he is out of industry for sometime, the new album actually lacks the momentum to carry it forward. if any of his album released after A Aah, it wud have bcome a definite hit. invariably all of his albums are popular some good time after its release.

i still remember the winter when four of his films were supposed to release, in some november. kandukondein kandukondein, tajmahal, mudhalvan, alaipayuthey. infact two of the movie's release were even postponed to avoid this clash of titans. The albums struck one after other like a tsunami. ARR was all over the place. after these stupendous succeses the hype raised so high that the music sales for "Rhythm" that followed this period touched 1 lakh number in just a week's time. (after rhythm, i have never heard of an album that touched 1 lakh number, except "Run" which also touched that number but after sometime) ofcourse the year 1999 will be remembered for other succeses of ARR which included the sooper-dooper hit TAAL!!!. man! only IR cud have had a more productive purple patch.

so going by the history, this year should be really rocking for ARR. and u cant say he is out of form. He is like bradman, he never goes out of form. he hits a century every innings. i enjoyed all of his albums during his supposedly dry patch.