PDA

View Full Version : Online Booking?

Alan
1st January 2006, 02:13 PM
Have you ever booked flights online?

There's this site called www.makemytrip.com, which has everydetail but the airfare. It takes an infernally long time to search !

Which are the reliable sites to book flights online?

Thanks!

NOV
1st January 2006, 02:30 PM
Yes I have.... and in Tamil too!

http://www.airasia.com/general.php?p=tmmain&l=tm

dev
1st January 2006, 07:53 PM
Yes... I too have booked a few flights online... airasia is good... for other internatioal flights(no idea abt local flights in India) try zuji.com

Alan
2nd January 2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks Nov & Dev. But I was actually looking for domestic flights within India.

I've heard so much about Air Deccan no frills flights but no details/airfare appear anywhere on the net!

Sandeep
2nd January 2006, 11:14 AM
All domestic airlines have reservation and deals available through thier websites.

Air Deccan
http://www.airdeccan.net for reservation and deals.

Indian (previously known as Indian Airlines)
http://indian-airlines.nic.in

Kingfisher
http://www.flykingfisher.com/

Spice Jet
http://www.spicejet.com/

Then you can try India times also
http://auctions.indiatimes.com/oneviewall.html

Alan
2nd January 2006, 02:28 PM
Thanks a lot Sandeep!

Alan
3rd January 2006, 11:36 AM
The air fare for an Indian Airlines ticket en route Cochin- Delhi is Rs19400/- single way while at Indiatimes auctions, its priced at Rs6533/-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lambretta
3rd January 2006, 12:38 PM
The air fare for an Indian Airlines ticket en route Cochin- Delhi is Rs19400/- single way while at Indiatimes auctions, its priced at Rs6533/-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Um.......so is tat reasonable or too high?
Aside, I jus hope IA has learnt to spell punctuality! The last time I took their flight from hyd. - Vizag it was terrible! Stuck waiting in the airport for 6 hrs b4 the flight arrived! :evil:

dev
3rd January 2006, 02:39 PM
IA becoming punctual???!!!!... hahaha...Not in the near future...

Sandeep
3rd January 2006, 02:52 PM
I am sure IA will have a real new image amoung travellers by the end 2006.

Punctuality is effected by lack of resources and they have already started the work.

IA has not only taken a new name and logo but also is ordering for more flights and employees.

It is interesting to note that IA is the only domestic airline that landed in Delhi during fog.

Lambretta
3rd January 2006, 05:58 PM
I am sure IA will have a real new image amoung travellers by the end 2006.
Does teh image hav nething to do w/ their new name/logo (& at the most I can think of, the new colour of the air-hostesses uniforms) or nething more than tat? :? :roll:
They were relatively better in the '80s tho.....had flown in them back then when I was a kid.......the air-hostesses too were very committed & cordial in their service then, always gave me lots of toffees (of course bcos I was a kid! :)) & wud always put a 'namste' as u enter & exit the flight, unlike now where they do tat mostly when ur exiting the flight & curiously, appear far more cheerful then than when they face u as ur entering the flight! Hmm........ :?

IA has not only taken a new name and logo but also is ordering for more flights and employees.
More flights & employees tat work rite?? :P
Aside, even the ground staff need a lot of improvement on efficiency when answering enquiries! In hyd. atleast, most of the times when u call in advance (when ur in doubt abt the flight delay), no-one is known to answer the phone!

It is interesting to note that IA is the only domestic airline that landed in Delhi during fog.
I wonder if they shud hav their flight origins from Delhi during winter tho.......tat's one reason y they delay much more than usual in winter!
Btw, wasn't IA a partner of AI initially??

dev
3rd January 2006, 06:14 PM
[quote]Aside, even the ground staff need a lot of improvement on efficiency when answering enquiries! In hyd. atleast, most of the times when u call in advance (when ur in doubt abt the flight delay), no-one is known to answer the phone!

I had this experience with them a few months back... My husb was travelling in IA domestic flight & it was late by around 5 hrs... When I called them to enquire abt it at around 1.30 PM, they said the flight is expected to land at 12.30... I said it's already 1.30 & so has the flight landed!!!... She said the same answer again.... I got so irritated & ended up asking if it is 12.30 AM or PM... :lol:

Lambretta
3rd January 2006, 06:18 PM
I had this experience with them a few months back... My husb was travelling in IA domestic flight & it was late by around 5 hrs... When I called them to enquire abt it at around 1.30 PM, they said the flight is expected to land at 12.30... I said it's already 1.30 & so has the flight landed!!!... She said the same answer again.... I got so irritated & ended up asking if it is 12.30 AM or PM... :lol:
:lol:
On the bright side, atleast there was sumone to answer the phone! :P

Alan
3rd January 2006, 08:48 PM
Um.......so is tat reasonable or too high?
Aside, I jus hope IA has learnt to spell punctuality! The last time I took their flight from hyd. - Vizag it was terrible! Stuck waiting in the airport for 6 hrs b4 the flight arrived! :evil:

Its of course too high for a domestic flight, isn't it?

Sandeep
4th January 2006, 07:14 AM
Of cource lack of punctuality of IA is legentary. Same problems that most public sector companies face. We all know the bad things but we very convieniently forget the social obligations of these public carriers.

Sahara and Jet rejected to train their pilots to land in fog because they believe its not profitable. Where as IA and AI did it long before and bore the loss.

Remember how AI few all Indians from Gulf free of cost during the 1st gulf war. AI was profit making till that incident. Also IA flies a lot of non-profitable ruotes to cover India. Even now with the economy booming and more Indians ready to fly are these pvt firms are even ready to fly to remote routes. Another is IA and AI are the only airlines that are atually training pilots (or funding their), all other Airlines are depending on grabing experienced Air force and IA/AI pilots. They are not spending on Human resource.

But having send that now is the time for IA to revamp and take a new image and new priorities. And its not just the name and logo or uniform of Airhostesses but also in flight scheduling and equipments. They are showing the initiative lets hope it works out.

dev
4th January 2006, 07:50 AM
Alan,
Chk if this would be useful to U....How I caught a cheap flight (http://in.rediff.com/getahead/2006/jan/03goair.htm)

Alan
5th January 2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks Dev! That link was very informative but I couldn't find an air passage for me in there!

buddysathi
5th January 2006, 06:17 PM
Hey anyone having a train ticket from Mumbai to Chennai on 15th January? I need it..

buddysathi
6th January 2006, 11:08 AM
plz ignore my previous post.. Got that in spicejet... Cheapa mudikkalamunu paarthen.. Hmm..en panam ellam ticketukae poguthu!!

Sandeep
6th January 2006, 11:18 AM
buddysathi,

Give us your opinion of Spicejet after your journey, particularly compare with the excellent service of Jet.

buddysathi
6th January 2006, 05:43 PM
Sure!

Alan
8th January 2006, 10:17 PM
Anyone travelled by Srilankan Airlines? They have some hot deals often.

Sandeep
11th January 2006, 08:25 AM
Srilankan airlines (In comparison with Indian on Sing-India route)

+ess

1) The airhostesses are young and attractive.
2) Large planes (Sing-Sri) have individual TVs with channel selection even for economy. Smaller ones (Sri-India dont have these).
3) Punctuality better than Indian but not very good (In my personal experience both had 75% punctuality). For puntuality no one beats Luftanza.

-ess
1) Only Srilankan food on any route.
2) Those coming to India has to sometime spend 12+ hours in columbo (depending on final destination in India).

Sandeep
11th January 2006, 08:29 AM
[tscii:a6ad9547ee]Jet Airways set to buy Air Sahara

The air is abuzz with speculation that Jet Airways, the country's largest airline, is on the verge of acquiring Subroto Roy's Air Sahara. Deal is to be finalized by Jan end. Jet is said to have outflanked Vijay Mallya’s Kingfisher Airlines in the race for Sahara.

The deal valued at about Rs 2520 cr would give Jet a share of over 50% (Jets 40% + Saharas 10%). Indian Airlines’ share is 30%+

The acquisition represents the first round of consolidation in the Indian aviation industry.[/tscii:a6ad9547ee]

Arthi
11th January 2006, 05:09 PM
1 urgent help

Does anyone know Tavel agent other than Thomas cook in chennai
I want to book a Tkt from Chennai to London.

I wld like to go by direct flight.

Plz help me

dev
11th January 2006, 05:40 PM
Arthi,

try booking it online... I feel it's better & easier than breaking heads with travel agents... I had a few bitter experiences with travel agents & so try to make my booking online whenever possible...

Try Zuji.com... you have non-stop flights in British Airways but they r pretty expensive compared to Jet Airways India, Air India, Srilankan Airlines(change flight in colombo), Air France(change in paris) etc...

Arthi
11th January 2006, 05:54 PM
Hi Dev,

How are u? :) Its been a long time meeting u.
My problem is I don't want o change the flight... this is my constraint

will try it. thanx :)

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 03:14 PM
here in the middle east we not only book tickets online ..we can even checkin online ...so no more ..having to go to the airport to wait int the queue and check in....its done at home on the comp......cool na

tomato
26th January 2006, 04:13 PM
here in the middle east we not only book tickets online ..we can even checkin online ...so no more ..having to go to the airport to wait int the queue and check in....its done at home on the comp......cool na

Do you also board the plane online.
Sorry could't hepl it :wink:

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 10:52 PM

Do you also board the plane online.
Sorry could't hepl it :wink:

that will be the next technological advancement ....let u knw wen it happens ....

Sandeep
28th January 2006, 08:54 AM
Online check-in already available in India. At least Cathay Pacific provides it in India