PDA

View Full Version : Internet Frauds - have you encountered any?

VK Narayanan
5th January 2006, 06:28 PM
I am literally fed up by receiving fraud mails from various sources, thought of letting you all know about those just to inform the uninformed innocent readers. Have you encountered any such stories to share with us?

First mail received was as follows. It is still taking a round everywhere. I have chosen not to display the names given.

From The Desk of _____
Manager ____ Bank of _____,
____ Branch, ______.
Email: ________
Attention:

I am Mr. _____ Branch Manager ____ Bank of _____ branch, I have urgent and very confidential business proposition for you.

A British Oil consultant and contractor with the Kruger Gold Company,
Mr. Raymond Beck made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar
months, valued at US$12,000,000.00 (Twelve Million United State Dollars
in my branch. Upon maturity.

I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply.
After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his
contract employers, the Kruger Gold Company that Mr. Raymond Beck died
in a plane crash along with his wife in a plain crash along with his wife in Egypt Air Flight 990, 1999 air crash.

(for more information about this crash and person you can contact this website

<http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/502503.stm>

Since we got this information about his death and on further investigation,I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. I therefore made further investigation and discovered that Mr. Raymond Beck did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank.

This sum of US$12,000,000.00 is still sitting in my Bank and the interest is being rolled over with the principal sum at the end of each year. No one will ever come forward to claim it. According to Laws of United Arab Emirates, at the expiration of 7 (seven) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the (U.A.E) Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.

Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to Mr. Raymond Beck so that the fruits of this old man's labor will not get into the hands of some corrupt government officials.

This is simple, I will like you to provide immediately your full names and address so that the attorney will prepare the necessary documents and affidavits that will put you in place as the next of kin.

We shall employ the services of an attorney for drafting and notarization of the WILL and to obtain the necessary documents and letter of probate/ administration in your favor for the transfer. A bank account in any part of the world that you will provide will then facilitate the transfer of this money to you as the beneficiary/next of kin.

The money will be paid into your account for us to share in the ratio of 60% for me and 40% for you. There is no risk at all as all the paperwork for this transaction will be done by the attorney and my position as the Branch Manager guarantees the successful execution of this transaction.

If you are interested, please reply immediately via the private email address above.

Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant documents that will help you understand the transaction. Please send me your confidential telephone and fax numbers for easy communication. Please observe utmost confidentiality, and rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country.

Awaiting your urgent reply via my confidential email address: ______@yahoo.co.uk

Regards.

Mr. ______

malsi
5th January 2006, 06:37 PM
ya..i received a letter something similar to this..but mind you..i got it by post ! wonder how they got my address..

swathy
5th January 2006, 07:34 PM
i have received hundreds of such mails. just ignore it.

VK Narayanan
5th January 2006, 08:10 PM
Readers - post your internet fraud email, stories here.

Here is yet another stupidest story...

ASSISTANCE REQUIRED FOR ACQUISITION OF ESTATE IN YOUR COUNTRY.
I write to inform you of my desire to acquire estates or landed
properties in your country on behalf of the Director of Contracts and Finance
Allocations of the United Arab Emirates Ministry of Works and Housing
in Dubai. Considering his very rategic and influential position, he
would want the transaction to be as strictly confidential as possible. He
further wants his identity to remain undisclosed at least for now, until
the completion of the transaction, hence our desire to have an overseas
agent.
I have therefore been directed to inquire if you would agree to act as
our overseas agent in order to actualize this transaction.
The deal, in brief, is that the funds with which we intend to carry out
our proposed investments in your country is presently in a coded
account at the emirates bank Dubai UAE and we need your assistance to
transfer the funds to your country in a convenient bank account that will be
provided by you before we can put the funds into use in your country.
For this, you shall be considered to have executed a contract for the
Federal Ministry of Works and Housing in United Arab Emirates for which
payment should be effected to you by the Ministry,
The contract sum of which shall run into US$26.4 Million, of which your
share shall be 30% if you agree to be our overseas agent.
As soon as payment is effected, and the amount mentioned above is
successfully transferred into your account, we intend to use our own share
in acquiring
some estates abroad. For this too you shall also serve as our agent.
In the light of this, I would like you to forward to me the following
information:
1. Your company name and address if any .
2. Your personal fax number.
3. Your personal telephone number for easy communication.
You are requested to communicate your acceptance of this proposal
through my above stated email address after which we shall discuss in
details the modalities for seeing this transaction through.
Your quick response will be highly appreciated.
Thanks you in anticipation of your cooperation.
Yours faithfully,

Lambretta
5th January 2006, 10:26 PM
i have received hundreds of such mails. just ignore it.
So hav I.......its increidbly irritating sumtimes when one of these lands up in my inbox & on getting notifed by Y! messenger I think I've gotten an important email...only to realise tat its this junk! :evil:
I don't think even Yahoo can do nething abt it......?
Incidentally, a friend once told me a few yrs ago tat sum ppl. got such mails from Nigeria, promising them "Business oppurtunities" & sumthing like these "Estate management" jobs there! And surprisingly the poor chaps took them seriously & actually went all the way to Nigeria! :shock: :roll:
Only to know tat it was all frauds' work! :oops:

Thiru
5th January 2006, 10:31 PM
I get an email from Nigeria all the time.. Also there's something from UK about winning the lottery... There was another incident when a relative of a friend of mine bumped into a guy who was claiming that he had a cheque for million dollars and cant claim it because he had no bank account and wanted help. This relative being a villager didnt really know anything and was asking my friend whether he could encash it in the US and transfer the money over to India and by doing this, they would get a 30% commission.. Well, my friend was very adamant and told the relative that this is kind of fraud but the relative insisted that he knows this guy for a long time and he wouldnt cheat.. So we asked them to fax/scan the cheque and the documents and what we found was those fake million dollar collectible notes which you can get it here in the US at any collectible store for a dollar..

Sanguine Sridhar
5th January 2006, 10:34 PM
Today i got a mail

Dear All,

I just want you guys to take hold of this opportunity from NOKIA.
NOKIA is distributing cell phones for free over the Internet to compete With Ericsson,
which is doing the same? They want to be better-known Through the Internet by word
of mouth and so they are giving away their new WAP phone. All you need to do is mail
this to 8 of your acquaintances. In two weeks you will receive a NOKIA 6020.
If you send this email to 20 people or more, you will receive a NOKIA 6630 Phone.
Don't forget to mail a copy of this email to eric.dsouza@delhi.india.nokia.com to ensure that your participation is noted.

Lambretta
5th January 2006, 10:38 PM
Dear All,

I just want you guys to take hold of this opportunity from NOKIA.
NOKIA is distributing cell phones for free over the Internet to compete With Ericsson,
which is doing the same? They want to be better-known Through the Internet by word
of mouth and so they are giving away their new WAP phone. All you need to do is mail
this to 8 of your acquaintances. In two weeks you will receive a NOKIA 6020.
If you send this email to 20 people or more, you will receive a NOKIA 6630 Phone.
Don't forget to mail a copy of this email to eric.dsouza@delhi.india.nokia.com to ensure that your participation is noted.
:shock: :lol: I got the same thing a couple of yrs ago! Fwded to me by a school friend, so I took it seriously but wasn't too int'd as I don't like Nokia phones tat much.......so fwded it to other friends, one of whom replied "let me know if/when u get the phone......until then I'll hva to consider this as spam".......! :oops:

Sanguine Sridhar
5th January 2006, 10:43 PM
Lamby,
:lol: Nice way to ditch your boss.Say if you dont like your boss, you can say that forward this mail, if you do this you will get more bucks and dont forget to cc lamby'sboss@blahblah.com. Good technique! Do follow!

Lambretta
5th January 2006, 10:53 PM
Lamby,
:lol: Nice way to ditch your boss.Say if you dont like your boss, you can say that forward this mail, if you do this you will get more bucks and dont forget to cc lamby'sboss@blahblah.com. Good technique! Do follow!
:lol:

Querida
6th January 2006, 01:18 AM
I too have received atleast twice each of the examples you have posted but what really makes me dismayed are the forwards sent with a teary story and pictures of some child suffering from an accident or disease with the message that forwarding this email will insure the family gets 3 cents per forward...why do people go to the extent of this for it to be just fakery? :evil:

And if you have a hotmail you will agree how annoying it is to get those made-up emails saying that if you don't forward the mail you will lose your account :x

VK Narayanan
6th January 2006, 03:00 AM
[tscii:da02149b51]I am too scared to think even if only 0.0001% of people believe this kind of mail, it comes to a huge number of people around the world who gets cheated royally by this king of atrocious activity.

Here is yet another mail I had received 2 weeks ago, note that this mail too is asking for utmost confidentiality.

Jenny Brooks

Email:jennybrooks@xsmail.com

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Mrs. Jenny Brooks. I am a dying woman who has decided to donate what I have to you/ church. I am 59 years old and I was diagnosed for cancer for about 2 years ago, immediately after the death of my husband, who has left me everything he worked for.

I have been touched by God to donate from what I have inherited from my late husband to you for the good work of God, rather than allow my relatives to use my husband hard earned funds ungodly. Please pray that the good Lord forgive me my sins. I have asked God to forgive me and I believe he has because He is a merciful God. I will be going in for an operation in less than one hour.

I decided to WILL/donate the sum of $2,500,000 (two million five hundred thousand dollars) to you for the good work of the lord, and also to help the motherless and less privilege and also for the assistance of the widows.

At the moment I cannot take any telephone calls right now due to the fact that my relatives are around me and my health status. I have adjusted my WILL and my lawyer is aware I have changed my will you and he will arrange the transfer of the funds from my account to you.

I wish you all the best and may the good Lord bless you abundantly, and please use the funds well and always extend the good work to others. Contact my lawyer (Barrister Parker Brown) with this specified email: parkerbesq@netscape.net and tell him that I have WILLED ($2,500,000.00) to you and I have also notified him that I am WILLING that amount to you for a specific and good work. I know I don’t know you but I have been directed to do this. Thanks and God bless.

NB: I will appreciate your utmost confidentiality in this matter until the task is accomplished as I don't want anything that will jeopardize my last wish. And Also I will be contacting with you by email as I don't want my relation or anybody to know because they are always around me.

Regards,

Jenny Brooks (Mrs)[/tscii:da02149b51]

VK Narayanan
6th January 2006, 01:08 PM
Folks - I am going to play with Mr. Gott on his most recent below-mentioned mail. Your inputs are greatly appreciated. Will keep you posted on how things are progressing and what would be the climax. Thriller stories of internet frauds ... huh!

First mail

Dear Blessed One,

As you read through my message, I do not want you to feel pity or sorry for me, for I believe someday, somehow, we will all surely die, this is about mine, and a last wish.

My name is Mr. Gott Hadot, a Citizen of the Republic of Mauritius, I have cancer and it is terminal, medical science can not do anything for me at this stage. I believe in miracles because I believe in GOD, however I prefer to pass on at this stage since I am bed ridden and in constant in.

Having known my condition I decided to entrust some fund I have ( USD 1 Million) deposited in Europe to either a philanthropic organization or devoted individual that will utilize this money the way I am going to instructs.

10% of the money goes to you to ensure that you are prepared for the task ahead, the balance 90% of this money will be used in all sincerity to fund philanthropic organization, orphanages. I am taking this decision because I don't have any child or devoted relations whose behavior has left much to be desired and above all I don't want a situation where this money will be used in an unGodly manner, hence this bold decision. Since my health is Retrogressing by the minute, you will have to send your; POSTAL ADDRESS, CONTACT PHONE NUMBER AND FAX and a little details about yourself, because I got your address from the Internet after a thorough search.

With the information, I will make arrangement to prepare the Authorization through an Attorney for you to get Possession of the Deposit. I will give you the name and contact of the Deposit company where the money is lodged in Europe thereafter, so you can claim the
funds. Until I hear from you, I pray that this letter bring you and your family good tidings.

My reply

Hello Mr. Gott Hadot:

This is quite an unfortunate news. I will be definitely praying for you today. Hope you would get well soon.

To give you a brief introduction about myself - I am a 34-year-old Indian citizen currently residing at Muscat, Oman. I have a wonderful wife and two kids who are residing with me here.

Would you mind sharing few highlights of the tasks you are planning for me to carry out.

Here are the details requested:
Full name - VK Narayanan
Postal Address - ____, Sultanate of Oman
My phone number - +968-____
Fax - I am sorry, I do not have a fax

Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers!

Warm regards,

VK Narayanan

More later... what do you think he would come up with?. You are most welcome to join me in this pursuit sharing all your thoughts. Let us together study this case to understand all the potential loss to the gullibles. Are you ready?

Lambretta
6th January 2006, 01:41 PM
Careful Mr. Narayanan,
in case this cud be a trap ie., the guy turns out to be a crook & has sum illegal operations in mind tat he's planning for u to carry out by attempting to lure u!

selvakumar
6th January 2006, 01:57 PM
I have received lot of mails like this. They are circulated through common forums. Infact I got a mail from Nigeria 1000 times. from UK lottery 50 times. When I replied to the particular agent name mentioned in the mail. He did reply to it. He asked me my international bank account number. He asked me what type of transfer I like. 1. electronic tranfer. 2. certified cheque. I replied to him telling that I want to transfer through self addressed valid cheque. after that I didn't get any reply from him.

Infact you can visit the following site and u can help the internet fraud watch website regarding this fishy mails.

www.fraudwatchinternational.com/ internet/lottery_operatives.shtml

You can help this agency in a lot of ways. All u have to do is to farward the mail copy to this agency. they also provide u some known mails. Better prevent something rather than taking treatment for that.

VK Narayanan
6th January 2006, 05:07 PM
Careful Mr. Narayanan,
in case this cud be a trap ie., the guy turns out to be a crook & has sum illegal operations in mind tat he's planning for u to carry out by attempting to lure u!

Lambretta - thanks for your concern. I am well aware that this is an internet fraud, and I just wanted to play with Mr. Gott and see how far he goes and what all things he asks etc. I will keep you posted about his next move.

He asked me my international bank account number. He asked me what type of transfer I like. 1. electronic tranfer. 2. certified cheque.
Selva - Thanks for the URL. I too think Mr. Gott is going to ask me the same. Let us see. Do you think it would be possible to trap these racket? How could we do that?

selvakumar
6th January 2006, 06:39 PM
VNK,

it can help others who don't know these things at all.

they can protect ur mailbox from getting affected.

refer the site. they have lot of products related to this.

svasu_ani
7th January 2006, 11:50 AM
HI,

In November '05 when my husband decided to sell old car, he posted for sale ad online in 2 websites carsoup.com and cars.com . and he recd replies in his inbox asking him to ship the car first and then they will pay him....It was nt jus one reply.. he recd many similar kind of replies...

ANitha

selvakumar
7th January 2006, 12:53 PM
HI,

In November '05 when my husband decided to sell old car, he posted for sale ad online in 2 websites carsoup.com and cars.com . and he recd replies in his inbox asking him to ship the car first and then they will pay him....It was nt jus one reply.. he recd many similar kind of replies...

ANitha

Interesting..

VK Narayanan
7th January 2006, 04:41 PM
HI,

ANitha Really annoying! What kind of assurances were they giving? Would there be possibilities of many innocent victims to these kind of internet ploys... too scary!

Shakthiprabha.
9th January 2006, 01:34 PM
Even many MLMs and WORK AT HOME eye washes ARE FRAUDS.

May be in a mitigated way though

Shakthiprabha.
9th January 2006, 01:36 PM
I think any fraud mail ids or URLS should be REGISTERED in some "INTERNATIONALLY OPERATED SITE" as fraudulent emails and urls.

This should be publicised wide enough for normal layman to READ THIS SITE before venturing into anything pricy

Sandeep
9th January 2006, 01:59 PM
Yahoo, MSN, Google everyone is trying such an list but the crooks are always a step ahead.

VK Narayanan
9th January 2006, 08:12 PM
[tscii:78743df736]To my surprise, Mr. Gott strikes again with the following message, this time the story is getting really interesting... Please note his below-mentioned 6 questions of a well-educated intelligent imposter? How should I reply him at this time? I am just wondering.... is it possible to trap this guy or his entire racket? Are there legal authorities to take care of this height of nonsense? What would be the course of internet frauds? Your opinions please.

Dear Narayanan,
I guess your letter indicates you are willing to proceed with the transaction, GOD will bless you. It is a great responsibility I am entrusting to you, not exactly luck as you my think. I attach a copy of my identification card to stress the essense of my quest.

It is true that I am willing to put under your control the money. We have never meet, but if you are capable of handling this transaction I would proceed, to me it does not matter who controls the transaction, all I want is the assurance that the money will be used to help humanity, I would explain further later on as we proceed, why I told this decision.
Like I made mentioned in my previous message I am a very sick man and I would like to help less fortunate ones with my funds deposited in Europe.

I should have all the powers to do what I choose with the money since it is in my name, the reason why this is no longer possible is that I am bed ridden because of my illness, I need assistance to perform all regular functions, hence I contacted you.
Prior to now I gave my extended family members access to some of my funds available here, to help distribute it to charity, bearing in mind that I do not have any child of mine, my family believed or made belief or greed, that I had mental illness to think of such an act of charity, and refused to do as I told them, they shared the money among themselves.

I choose to contact you, to act as beneficiary to the deposit so that the funds would be distributed by you. I am of sound mind, contrary to what my family think or make belief out of greed. See, I spent all my life accumulating wealth, now, giving a second change I will not follow that path, all the money I made can not bring back my failing health. My doctor says I have very little time to live here on earth, but I would die happy knowing that my last days were used purely for good.

I am not trying to buy my way into heaven by this act, no far be it from that, I believe in God so I am not afraid of death, don’t pity me a minute we all must die. I am in pain daily and know that life is short for me, but, I trust you to help carry out my will in regards to using the funds as I will detail to you as we proceed.I want you to act as beneficiary to my funds deposited in Europe as well as act as executor in regards to distributing it as I would specify if need be.

Nevertheless, some issues are raised, if you do decide to assist me in my quest, which when answered will put my mind at rest, hence, I would like responses to the questions below.

(1) Can you control this transaction, the magnitude of the money involved (1 Million US Dollars), do you understand the responsibility involved in this transaction, do you have the time required?.

(2) How do you guarantee that all the individual and organization I decide to help will get their fair share at the end of the transaction?

(3) Do you have 100% control over the account that you will provide, for the remittance of the money, will the account hold the volume of money, coming in.

4) Can you pull all the money out on conclusion, if yes, how much time, will you need to distribute it ?.

5) If we decide to invest part of the funds, so that part of the profit is donated to charity on a yearly basis, what possible investment venture will you employ it, into?

(6) If I decide to invest part of the money, under you, as front, in any investment venture, what percentage of the profit will you collect, for that service. Bear in mind that the capital remains in Trust.

There is no risk involved in this transaction, putting into consideration, the fact that you have nothing at stake, all foreseen expense will be covered from the money, and it definitely can not damage your personality or status in your society, I say this because the transaction is legal, with no strings attached, all formalities in regards to documentation work has been carried out prior to now , before the money was deposited, so needed is to employ the services of an attorney who would make you the beneficiary to the claim, the money is clean and you do not have to worry your self when the money gets to you because it is 100% legal funds.
I await your answers to the above enquiries, so that we can proceed to the legalization of you as beneficiary. I have your telephone number, so I may call you to explain further.

Don’t think that I do not trust you? I have gotten experiences even from my family members who feels that I am not mentally balanced that is why I instructed my money to be given out. Most important now however, is to secure the funds, by establishing you as beneficiary. Investing and distributing the money will come much later when you are convinced that you have done the necessary feasibility study on investment and or accommodating the money, wherever you prefer.

Believe you me, it is better to follow the above line of action than rush into ventures unprepared, I am speaking from experience. Once again, I take this change to assure you that you do not have any reason to worry yourself about this transaction, there is no risk, it is legit and I do hope you will not betray the trust put in you. money is tempting, my family members is proof to that, so please, make me feel comfortable in you by telling me more about yourself, work, family etc.

Stay blessed, my friend,
Over to you...[/tscii:78743df736]

Querida
11th January 2006, 10:44 AM
Mr. Narayanan...this one sounds so secure and air-tight it almost makes you feel like the one who is doing the scamming :shock: do be careful.

Following this man's story is there not a chance that his family be able to sue you for taking his money? Can raise that question if you'd like?

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 03:21 PM
wat about people ..who have experience in doing fraud on the net LOL....

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 03:12 PM
Cud neone tell me abt trusting "get paid to read emails" types of "job" offers on the net?
My mother once happened to get one of these from an "Infocus Technologies" firm; they sent her a list of email addresses to which she had to fwd sum particular mail she rec'd & wud get paid each time....sumtimes they were said to pay her just for reading an email tat she wud get!
My mother had dropped the scheme midway due to lack of time, but she suggested tat I take it up......
My qsn. is do ne of u know if these types of sites/offers r genuine/reliable?? Ne of u who've encountered a similar offer??

ssanjinika
31st January 2006, 07:05 PM
NEVER are they geniune!!!
Its just spam mail and to be ingored.Lamby think abt it..in todays world why on earth would someone pay you for not doing any work?????IF it was that simple to earn money wont everyone be doing it?

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 07:14 PM
[tscii:dbbefae73f]
NEVER are they geniune!!!
Its just spam mail and to be ingored.Lamby think abt it..in todays world why on earth would someone pay you for not doing any work?????IF it was that simple to earn money wont everyone be doing it?
I suspected the same......and to think my mum paid them a draft of Rs.275 at first as per their instructions, to get initiated!
Here r the details of the programs the "firm" tat my mum suggested was offering, given in one of their emails:

This e-mail contains a list of around 300 such programs on internet that pay members to read emails, to signup free offers, to take surveys, to clicks ads or to produce income in various ways, as per their terms and conditions. If you don't have time to sign up for all of them right away, start with few programs first to see how they work. Before joining these programs you should read the information given below:

how to Get Paid to Read Email ( GPTRE )

Some companies will pay you just to receive and or read e-mail advertisements. You will receive email pertaining to categories you select when you signup. You will have to click a link in the email to be paid for it. Although some don't mention it, you should stay on the site for 15 - 30 seconds to make sure you receive credit for the visit. The reason we list so many Paid to Read companies is we believe they will continue to thrive even in the current advertising recession. We suggest you sign up for all these programs. They're free and they don't require a lot of effort to use. Consequently you will receive more emails and more money!

How to Get Paid to Click ( GPTC )

Paid to click companies are good money earners. These companies will pay you to visit their advertisers’ sites and to sign up for FREE offers from other advertisers. You can only visit so many advertisers in a certain period of time; usually about a dozen advertisers in a 24-hour period of time. This keeps people from visiting the same advertisers’ site over and over to rack up money. This is the main reason we list so many of these companies. You can go down the line and click all the advertisers from each site and make a substantial amount of money (Each company has a different time you must spend on each advertiser’s site to get credit for it. We recommend staying for 30 seconds to ensure you get proper credit).

how to Get Paid to Signup ( GPTS )

Some companies also encourage you to sign up for free offers they and their advertisers are promoting. This is a great way to earn some extra money fast.

How to Get Paid to Take Surveys

Survey sites are paid by companies to conduct surveys. The survey company then contacts you by email informing you that a survey that matches your profile is available for you to fill out. Surveys can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes and can pay you from $1 to $25 or more. This all depends on the site, the length of the survey, and how fast the company paying for the survey wants the results back. You do not have to complete every survey that matches your profile. You can pick and choose which ones you fill out. You are under no obligation to fill out any particular survey or all surveys sent to you.

how to Get Paid to Surf

Paid to Surf companies will pay you to display a small advertisement banner on your screen while you are online and using your computer. The advertisers based on how many of their ads you viewed in turn pay them. The banner is downloaded from the company's web site and will display rotating advertisements based on your personal profile (filled out when you sign up). You have to be online so the ads can be sent to the banners and you will have to verify you are using your computer from time to time so the companies know you are viewing the ads. Please remember, Paid to Surf companies require you to download and install software from their site. Each of the companies you sign up for will add an icon to your desktop when you install their software. Whenever you go online, just double click the icon, the bar will appear and you will be making money. It's that simple.
[/tscii:dbbefae73f]

ssanjinika
31st January 2006, 07:29 PM
Im so sorry she got duped.Please be very very careful when you install anything on your pc.It could be anything from a virus to a sw which would enable someone to get into your pc when u get online.Put simply this just means that they can read any personal data stored on your hard drive.Be esp careful if you r in the habit of storing bank acc nos,passwords,credit card info etc in you pc.The best option would be to get a good firewall installed.There are firewalls available which will keep track of some sw trying to send / receive information.It will also ask for permissions before allowing any program to access you system.

ssanjinika
31st January 2006, 07:30 PM
And Im sorry to say Lamby I think she was duped royally!

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 07:33 PM
And Im sorry to say Lamby I think she was duped royally!
:( Well, atleast fortunately it wasn't a very big amount....!

Anoushka
31st January 2006, 08:56 PM
Lamby: I am not sure how these things work, a cousin of mine though did get a few cheques out of such a company...

There was chequemail which used to pay people that logged on 30 times each month (max of 2 times a day counted for this)! Both my dad and myself have got a few cheques of them... (we never had to pay anything!)

I do know a few sites that gives points for clicks and then the points can be exchanged for vouchers (not cash), some of them are bonuspoints.com (US), ipoints.co.uk (UK), pigsback.com (Ireland) and I should say I've got plenty of vouchers off them... Most people in Ireland use pigsback.com... I got vouchers for 40Euros to spend on movie tickets and Restaurants last year...

pavalamani pragasam
31st January 2006, 09:06 PM
[tscii:349181fffb]"kudukkura theyvam kooraiyai pichikittu kudukkum" enra pazaiya pazamoziyai intha internet kaalaththil nambalaamaa? "kaeppaiyil ney vaziyuthunnaa ketkiravanukku engke pochi buthi"nnu ninaikkirathaala intha maathiri mail vanthaa ore delete thaan:

BANK GIRO LOTERIJ.
INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM.
VAN EEWGHENSTRAAT
71 1071 GK, AMSTERDAM,
THE - NETHERLANDS.

DIRECTOR
INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS DEPT.
REF: NBDJH087/HJSDS098/7633/98
BATCH: 4566FG/GYFGH54/SAS5465

Attention:

BANK GIRO LOTERIJ WINNING
NOTIFICATION.

We are pleased to inform you of the release of the long
awaited results of the BANK GIRO LOTERIJ INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION
PROGRAM held on the 27th January 2006.You were entered as dependent
clients with:

ReferenceNumber: 7334NFJF/UDDFMF/NDDD
Batch
number: DFFF346/56TR/765GHG.

Your email address attached to the ticket
number 445555377 that drew the lucky winning number, which consequently
won the sweep take in the category (B), in four parts. You have been
approved for a payment of One Million Euros Only (€1,000,000.00) in
cash is credited to file reference number: 43QFFSS/GDFD7565/66HGMH.This
is from a total cash/prize of Ten Million Euros (€10,000, 000.00)
shared among the ten international winners in category (B)

Congratulations!!!

All participants were selected through a computer
ballot system drawn from (90,000) ninety thousand names of email users
around the world, as part of an international promotion program meant
solely for enhancing and encouraging human development across the
globe.

But note that due to a mixed up of some names and addresses, we
would appreciate that you keep your winning to your self, even after
your claims has been processed and your funds was remitted to you. This
is part of our security measures to avoid double claiming or
unwarranted taking advantage of the situation by other participants or
impersonators.

To begin your claim, do file for the release of your
winning by contacting the Bank Giro Loterij Security Department
assigned to verify and authenticate the processment,
Notarization/Legalization of your Winning procedures.

FOREIGN TRANSFER
MANAGER
MR. RENE HUSON.
BANK GIRO LOTERIJ SECURITY DEPARTMENT.
TEL: +31-
204-000-498.
TEL: +31-616-225-954.
FAX: +31-847-300-690.
FAX: +31-847-
300-342.
Email: infobankgirolotr@netscape.net ,
infobankgironls@netscape.net '

Include:
1. Full Names:
2. Date of
birth:
3. Sex:
4. Martial status:
5. Nationality:
6. Contact
Address:
7. Telephone Number:
8. Next of kin:

The Foreign Transfer
Manager will on your behalf expedite the processment,
Notarization/Legalization of your Winning and transfer of your winning
funds. Your security file number is 345DF/E5A*X903 (keep personal)
Remember, your winning must be claimed not later than (13-02-06) after
which it will be declared unclaimed and will be add to next stake of
17,000.000 euro international lottery program. And should there be any
change in your address, do inform your claims agent as soon as
possible.

Note: Non-resident winners will require a notarization /
legalization of his or her winning in the High Court of Justice (HCJ)
this is going to expedite the processment,Notarization/Legalization of
your Winning and remittance of your prize funds.

Congratulations once
more from our members of staff and thank you for being part of our
promotional program.

Anybody under the age of eighteen (18) is
automatically disqualified.

Yours Sincerely,
Mrs.Colen Van Ken.
Co-
ordinator International.

[/tscii:349181fffb]

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 10:43 PM
Anoushka,
Yea I reckon there r 'n' no. of such 'work online & earn' sites all over the net! :)
Well, I'm all the more curious abt this chequemail site u mention.....altho I'm in 2 minds abt the whole thing, I'd think it best to try a site where we don't hav to pay nething! :)

pooja.shankar
1st February 2006, 10:08 AM
hmmm ,.....ny1 heard of a story wen a handicapped tamil lady ...sent some tamil actresses pic to a guy in canada and fed him wid her miseries .....all lies ofcurse and then the guy ..out of pity sent monetary help worth RUPEES 3 lakh,,,
only to discover an actress's picture was sent and later ..to discover ..she was an old handicapd lady ....

he fild a case agnst her for fraud ,,,and all ..then i dunno the rest of the story

Anoushka
1st February 2006, 02:21 PM
Lamby, chequemail doesn't exist now... it was about five or six years ago, and I guess they went bankrupt! And the other sites that I mentioned are sites that you don't have to pay anything as well, but as I said the sites are specfic to the country and you only get vouchers! I have got a good few vouchers using bonus points for my cousin in US though!

goodsense
3rd February 2006, 08:53 PM
FROM THE DESK OF DR BARRY MICHAEL DUKE
BILL AND EXCHANGE MANAGER,
BANQUE INTERNATIONAL POUR L'AFRIQUE AU TOGO
(AFRIBANK) WEST AFRICA
00228 909 3034

Dear Friend

With due respect and humility, I write to you this proposal. I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department of (AFRIBANK ) BANQUE INTERNATIONAL POUR L'AFRIQUE AU TOGO.

In my department, we discovered an abandoned sum of U.S$18.5M US dollars (Eighteen million five hundred thousand united states dollar only).In an account that belongs to Mr Burke Sean a United States Citizen and (AFRIBANK)foreign

customer who died with Korean Air Flight 801 Boeing 747 that was carrying 254 passengers when it crashed into the dense jungle early Wednesday August 5, 1997 morning three miles (five kilometers) southwest of the airport. At least 225 people died. Since w e got information about his death, we have been expecting his next of kin to come forward and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as

next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in
our banking guidelines and policies but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at Urgly attack at the World Trade Centre leaving nobody behind for the claims. It is therefore upon this discovery that I have decided to make this

business proposal to you to transact this DEAL with you and to act as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming forth and l don't want this money to go into the Bank treasury as unclaimed Bill.

According to our Banking policies and guideline here which stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after six years, the money will automatically be transferred into the Bank treasury

as unclaimed fund. My request for a foreigner to act as next of kin in this business is by the fact that the customer was a foreigner and a citizen of this country cannot stand or put claims as next of kin to a foreigner.

l agreed to offer 25% of the total fund to you, for your assistance, to act as the next of Kin to the foreigner, to provide account, 5% will be for reimbursement of any expenses incurred during the curse of the transaction. There after,

I and my family will visit your country for disbursement and for investment in your country. Therefore to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relation or next of kin of the deceased indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone and fax number for easier and effective communication and location where the money will be transfer.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application. I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that y ou should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.

You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter.
Hope to hear from you immediately.
For privacy please reply to :
Yours faithfully,
DR BARRY MICHAEL DUKE
AFRIBANK TOGO
email: michael_duke300@yahoo.com

Just got this crap. I get at least one such email per week (over a year now), but from different people, all in Africa :wink: :wink:

Lambretta
3rd February 2006, 09:02 PM
:lol:......don't these guys ever give up??!! :roll: :?