View Full Version : Jayaram

swathy
5th January 2006, 08:32 PM
I just want to know about your opinion on my favorite actor
Jayaram

NTR
6th January 2006, 10:53 AM
Good actor...
Talented in comic scenes as well as serious scenes..
He did very well in Friends..

Alan
8th January 2006, 02:27 PM
I got to know about Jayaram when my Malayali friends, their parents etc kept saying that my fiancee resembles Parvati, Jayaram's wife who was an actress herself.

I began to watch Malayalam movies with the help of my friends. I can't follow every word but I like his histronics on screen. Together, they make a beautiful pair, both on screen & off screen.

nilavupriyan
8th January 2006, 03:21 PM
one of the best actor in comedy!

my favourite too!...his "murai maman" with kavundamani is just :lol: :lol:

great body language and dialogue delivery!

Sinthiya
9th January 2006, 05:06 AM
he's great...i loved his acting in 'Tenali' :thumbsup:

P_R
9th January 2006, 08:06 AM

Murai Maaman is among his best

Awesome modulation and expression

Scene 1 ( Jayaram is floored by Khushboo, his niece and tries to placate his brother Gounds)

Jayaram: Akka veetta vittu Odina, thapputhaan
Gounds: An...
Jayaram: Maama izuthuttu Odunaar.adhuvum thapputhaan
Gounds: Oho....
Jayaram: Ana Andha pOnnu enne nE thappu paNNicchchu.........adhu pachchai maNNuNE
Gounds:.......Utta pudichchu bommai senjuruvE pOlerukkE

Scene 2 ( Jayaram thinks Kushboo is inside the bathroom and is talking to her from outside while it is actually Gounds who is inside)

Jayaram: Enga Annen enna maadiri illai, padippu romba kammi
Gounds (to himself): Ammaam ivaru Londonle MBA padichirukkaaru. Naai naalan class moonu thadavai fail aachu......vaathiyaar adichchu naan dhaan pass paNNa vachchEn
Jayaram:Indhu, unakkaaga annikkE andha aaLe naan aruvaaLaale vettiruppEn......aana oorukkULLe engaLai raama-lakshmaNarnu pEsikkuraanga. engaLai nee pirichchadhaa pazhi varumnu paarkkurEn

(at this point he realizes that Kushboo is standing right behinf him)
Jayaram: Indhu nee ingeyaa.....appa uLLe yaaru
Gound: Aan.....raamar kuLikkiraaru da

And many more in this movie

nilavupriyan
9th January 2006, 08:42 AM

Murai Maaman is among his best

Awesome modulation and expression

Scene 1 ( Jayaram is floored by Khushboo, his niece and tries to placate his brother Gounds)

Jayaram: Akka veetta vittu Odina, thapputhaan
Gounds: An...
Jayaram: Maama izuthuttu Odunaar.adhuvum thapputhaan
Gounds: Oho....
Jayaram: Ana Andha pOnnu enne nE thappu paNNicchchu.........adhu pachchai maNNuNE
Gounds:.......Utta pudichchu bommai senjuruvE pOlerukkE

Scene 2 ( Jayaram thinks Kushboo is inside the bathroom and is talking to her from outside while it is actually Gounds who is inside)

Jayaram: Enga Annen enna maadiri illai, padippu romba kammi
Gounds (to himself): Ammaam ivaru Londonle MBA padichirukkaaru. Naai naalan class moonu thadavai fail aachu......vaathiyaar adichchu naan dhaan pass paNNa vachchEn
Jayaram:Indhu, unakkaaga annikkE andha aaLe naan aruvaaLaale vettiruppEn......aana oorukkULLe engaLai raama-lakshmaNarnu pEsikkuraanga. engaLai nee pirichchadhaa pazhi varumnu paarkkurEn

(at this point he realizes that Kushboo is standing right behinf him)
Jayaram: Indhu nee ingeyaa.....appa uLLe yaaru
Gound: Aan.....raamar kuLikkiraaru da

And many more in this movie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

in that scene

jeyaram:"naan enga amachi maadhiri sevappu.....avaru appachi maadhiri karuppu...andha porama.....................adhuvum 40 vayasu aagiyum kalyanam aagalaya...andha yerichal..."

km: :banghead:

NTR
9th January 2006, 09:26 AM
He played pivotal part in Thenali
Slightly lesser important role in Panchathantiram..
He also played Gadam with Kamal in AIDS Awareness function in Hyderabad..
No doubt, when best actor in India loves him, so do we

NTR
9th January 2006, 09:27 AM
He played pivotal part in Thenali
Slightly lesser important role in Panchathantiram..
He also played Gadam with Kamal in AIDS Awareness function in Hyderabad..
No doubt, when best actor in India loves him, so do we

swathy
9th January 2006, 10:07 AM
hey how you guys missed panchathanthiram

"""ennadhu idhu chinna pillaingalattam padichavanga madhiriya nadandhukireenga

inky, pinky,ponky....""""

NTR
9th January 2006, 11:20 AM
Hihahahahahahhahhahah...
That was funny..

Enda paiyan kullanuku heartle otta

blahblah
9th January 2006, 12:02 PM
No doubt Jayaram is a good entertainer.I have seen almost all his movies in Malayalam and really liked the fellow.I hope he doesn't make the mistakes of Lal- becoming a fatty and taking himself for Rajnikant.

The easy comedy roles look good indeed for Jayaram.If he takes up serious character roles or action packed movies,I don't think I will watch him.

P_R
9th January 2006, 09:54 PM
How was he in Julie Ganapathy ?

I read very good reviews but the film was out of the theatres before i could catch it. Apparently for a great part of the film he was sitting in a cot and had to depended on his expressions. Heard he pulled it off really well

Avenger
10th January 2006, 08:14 PM
Innoru Swathy threadaa :banghead:

swathy
12th January 2006, 09:59 AM
Innoru Swathy threadaa :banghead:

paarthu romba mutti ulla irukkiradhu ellam veliya vara podhu appuram pongalukku aadhi pakka mudiyadhu :lol:

NTR
12th January 2006, 10:09 AM
Is he doing a role in upcoming Ajit's Paramsivan?

swathy
13th January 2006, 12:14 PM
yah I saw his still today in TOI

Sandeep
13th January 2006, 02:26 PM
[tscii]Jayaram started is career with two movies of the Legendary Padmarajan.

He was one of the most lucky to have acted in 3 movies by Padmarajan, even the two M's got chance to act in only 2 movies each, and those remain among their best.

Moonnampakkam - 1988
(The Third Day)

Thampi (Thilakan), a retired bureaucrat in his 80’s is leading a secluded life in a seaside village in solitude. The news of the arrival of his grandson Bhasi (Jayaram) for vacation creates ripples in his life. Bhasi is a medical student whom he has not seen for many years. Bhasi arrives with 3 of his friends for a memorable vacation. As things brighten up and memories are aroused, a fateful incident occurs. Bhasi, while frolicking with his friends in the beach, disappears in the sea. The old man is shattered, and on the third day, the body is washed ashore… Oh the three day wait for the body to be washed shore (thats the only way to confirm the death) is unbearable

Direction & Screenplay: Padmarajan
Cast: Thilakan, Jagathi Sreekumar, Jayaram, Keerthi, Ashokan, Rahman
Cinematography: Venu
Editing: B Lenin, Vijayan
Music: Ilyaraja

Aparan - 1988
(The Other)

A story of mistaken identity, Aparan is about an innocuous good guy mistaken for a gangster boss who may well have been his twin brother (Jayaram double role). Dont mistake this movie for a action or comedy one this is some real hardcode serious cinema. Here again comes the Padmarajan effect he no where categorically tells you if the good guy was indeed the gangster the viewer just believes (rightly or wrongly) it along the way.

Cast: Jayaram, Shobhana, Parvathi, Jalaja, Madhu, Soman
Music: Johnson

Innale - 1989
(The Past)

Gauri (Shobhana) the sole survivor of a tragic bus accident loses her memory. Admitted to a private nursing home, where she is diagnosed as suffering from 'hysteric amnesia', she falls in love with the doctor's son (Jayaram). However, Narendran (Suresh Gopi) arrives from USA, claiming to be her husband. But Gauri doesnt recognise Narendran, and he returns to the US wishing the young couple well. Seems to be an ordinary story but the Padmarajan touch is that Narendran's claim that he is Gauri's husband is left unverified. And as you return home after watching the movie the question remains in your mind Was Narendran Gauri's husband and did he drop that claim after realising that Gauri doesnt remember him?

Cast: Shobhana, Jayaram, Suresh Gopi, Srividya
Music: P G Ravindranath

swathy
13th January 2006, 04:11 PM
Thanks Sandeep :-)

P_R
14th January 2006, 11:32 AM
Sandeep the plots you have described are extremely interesting. As a Tamil, I have always had a justifiable jealosy over the Malayalam films. Having to take different yardsticks to judge Tamil films has always been a source of disappointment that I have carefully hidden.

I had never heard of Padmarajan till today. Thanks for the intro.

Sandeep
14th January 2006, 01:22 PM
Having to take different yardsticks to judge Tamil films has always been a source of disappointment that I have carefully hidden.

The other way round also hold good for Malayalis :)

Why I pointed out these movies was because Jayaram's strong area has always been comedy. As a result people overlook his performances in these movies though the movies themselves are widely discussed.

swathy
14th January 2006, 10:04 PM
I have watched lot of his Malayalam movies. He is good both in comedy and emotional scenes. I have seen his eyes swollen in the crying scenes.

In the movie Ende Veedu apputen ( Kannadi pookkal in Tamil ) both Jayaram and his son would have made everyone to cry.

Shakthiprabha.
21st January 2006, 08:29 PM
Jayaram :roll:

:huh:

Speechless......... I am.

Also ive nto seen malyalam movies, so cant talk much. In tamizh he DID NOT CREATE any big impact.

Alien
21st January 2006, 09:58 PM
Jayaram is one of the better actors in Tamil cinema. He is a much better performer than many tamil "actors" 8-) ....
His comedy timing is Excellent :P 8-)

No doubt, when best actor in India loves him, so do we :thumbsup:

swathy
17th April 2006, 01:57 PM
Yesterday I watched Jayaram participating in Swarnamala. I never knew that he can sing well. :clap:

He also spent one whole day in orphange.

Sandeep
17th April 2006, 02:08 PM
He is also a Vadhyamella expert (Chenda is his instrument).

swathy
17th April 2006, 02:16 PM
He is also a Vadhyamella expert (Chenda is his instrument).

Yah I remember he played with Kamalji in Hyderabad for that aids awareness program

azhagi
17th April 2006, 08:51 PM
Jayaram is also a very good mimicry artist....that's what I've heard.

Can anyone suggest latest good Malayalam movies,almost lost touch with malayalam -want to desperately see some movies,after all it is my mother tongue

swathy
23rd April 2006, 08:37 PM
Jayaram is not out
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, April 22, 2006]

Though Jayaram's Madhuchandralekha received mixed reviews, the movie is reportedly doing a good business at the box office.

The movie featuring Jayaram, Urvasi and Mamta Mohandas looks set to compensate the distributors and the theatre owners.

Buzz is that director Rajasenan is now planning to remake the film in Tamil with Jayaram in the lead role.

Rajasenan is also planning to make another film in Malayalam with Jayaram in the lead. The Tamil version of Madhuchandralekha will begin only after he completes the new film.

nkv
24th April 2006, 02:05 PM
IMO, Jayaram's best perfomance is in Karunyam.. Wow.. what a movie from Lohithadas!!!! Both Jayaram and Murali simply excelled in this movie....

swathy
24th April 2006, 02:29 PM
Hope u mention the movie with manju warrier.

nilavupriyan
24th April 2006, 02:31 PM
dilip resemble jeyaram in his body language when he does comedy..

both are great in comedy

Priyankak
25th April 2006, 10:45 PM
jeyaram is superb actor. He is talented but he didnt shine in Tamil. Paarai was really good movie and he did very well in it. :thumsbup:

Priyankak
25th April 2006, 10:47 PM
jeyaram is superb actor. He is talented but he didnt shine in Tamil. Paarai was really good movie and he did very well in it. :thumbsup:

Alan
28th May 2006, 10:37 PM
I enjoyed "Friends", "ShubhYatra", "Malayalimammanu Vanakkam" "Sneham" and " Innale" Looking forward to seeing offbeat Cinemas by him like "Shesham" & "Theerthadanam"

Sandeep
29th May 2006, 02:22 PM
How you understand these movies Alan.

Malayalathaan
29th May 2006, 09:09 PM
Jayaram is by far one of the best actors in Malayalam cinema. Yes he started in mimicry, I remember seeing his mimicry back in the late 80's, he's EXTREMELY good!

Some of my favorite movies w/ him:

Meleparambil Aan Veedu
Naadan pennum, Naattu Pramajaniyum (i think that is what its called)
Mayilattam
Kavadiyattam
Malayali Mamanu Vanakkam
Peruvannapurathu Viseshangal
Paarai (Tamil)

and more....

princeofkerala
30th May 2006, 09:04 AM
Best Of Jayaram (Dont miss these films) :thumbsup:

Moonnam Pakkam
Aparan
Sandesham
Peruvannapurathe Visheshangal (Lalettan in Guest role 8-) )
Mazhavil Kavadi
Innale
Thalayanamanthram
Nagarangalil Chennu Raparkam
Mukha Chithram
Keli
Aayushkalam
Paithrukam
Artham(With mammooty)
Thooval Kottaram
Krishnagudiyil Oru Pranayakalathu
Summer in Bethlahem (Lalettan in Guest Role 8-) )
Friends
Thenali (tamil with kamal)
Ente Veedu Appuvinteyum
Ponn Muttyidunna Tharavu

But recent films are worst :banghead: he almost out from film industry :(

Alan
1st June 2006, 09:57 PM
How you understand these movies Alan.

Well, yes, with the help of subtitles- but I do understand that the 'soul' of the movie is lost that way? Because there is a limitation in translation? Can't help it! :sigh: