PDA

View Full Version : Amirtham - Bhavatharini

inetk
9th January 2006, 09:49 AM
Sujatha, in the latest Kumudham, has continued his best of 2005 stuff and he mentions Bhava as the best debut composer in 2005 for Amirtham. I knew that this movie was in the making, but did it release in 2005? Or, did the audio release in 2005? How's the music?

And would it be right to call it her debut considering the other language films she has composed?

Karthik

Sanjeevi
9th January 2006, 10:20 AM
karthik,

Bava's husband also has told that amirtham song is super and he is humming daily a melody song.

BTW, the film is not released and don't know about audio.

yvsmani
9th January 2006, 12:38 PM
it is by Vedham puthithu Kannan. the title of the film is amirtham ellorukkum. There was an interview in Kollywood court in jaya tv about that film. He has also mentioned that the songs have come quite good and IR has sung one song too.

NagaS
9th January 2006, 05:44 PM
The movie is not yet released, I had a chance to speak to Mr. "Vedham Pudhithu" KaNNan day before and he mentioned they showed it as a preview to media people, and sujatha might have seen it there / heard the songs !

Obviously I haven't seen the movie / heard the songs, but According to my friend writer R. Venkatesh (who also watched preview of this movie), Songs are very good,

NagaS

inetk
12th February 2006, 11:35 AM
According to Sun TV's Top 10 countdown, Amirtham has released! Any idea about the audio release? Has it released at least in Tamil Nadu?

yvsmani
15th February 2006, 10:51 AM
In yesterday's sun tv's top 10 songs, amirtham was in the 10th position. The song was good to listen. ( they just showed it for 30 seconds, i think)

app_engine
17th February 2006, 08:58 PM
Review by The Hindu:

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/02/17/stories/2006021700290200.htm

"Bavatharini makes her debut as composer in Tamil with `Amirtham'. Understanding the tone and texture of the film, she has come out with suitable veena, violin and flute bits in the re-recording. Among the songs, `Nenjae Nenjae' is a worthy effort and Pa. Vijay's lyric is another plus for the number. G. K.'s art enhances the naturalness of the treatment. "

Dreamchaser
17th February 2006, 09:59 PM
The Audio Should be out in shop's else at couple of sites that provide us, did anyone have a look @ www.tamilnapster.com ?

vijayr
17th February 2006, 10:17 PM
Mitr-my Friend was a decent effort from Bhava. Looking forward to listening to Amirtham.

yvsmani
20th February 2006, 10:45 AM
I saw nenjae nenjae song in one of the channels. It was good.

Thiru
22nd February 2006, 10:13 PM
I was watching few scenes from this movie in Sun TV and on hearing the BGM was very much convinced that music was by IR.. I was taken by shock that the music was bavatharini... Based on the short clips I saw, Its a great piece of work by bava... Nenje nenje song was also pretty good.. I didnt realize that bava had such a talent (I still hate her singing though)..

MADDY
23rd February 2006, 12:43 AM
I was watching few scenes from this movie in Sun TV and on hearing the BGM was very much convinced that music was by IR.. I was taken by shock that the music was bavatharini...

it still could be IR's music.......i have seen him giving a couple of songs to KR for Grahan........

njv
23rd February 2006, 12:52 AM
I was watching few scenes from this movie in Sun TV and on hearing the BGM was very much convinced that music was by IR.. I was taken by shock that the music was bavatharini... Based on the short clips I saw, Its a great piece of work by bava... Nenje nenje song was also pretty good.. I didnt realize that bava had such a talent (I still hate her singing though)..

She used tunes from HTNI and NBW. Though it really fitted well with the scene, nothing much to credit her. Will have to wait and see her next attempt.

prabhudas
26th February 2006, 03:51 AM
Looks like Bhava has washed all her sins of her life as a singer in this offbeat movie as MD, some fantastic melodies and I couldn't believe the BGM score so sharp in every small sequence 110% IR ish ( I hope she really did it by herself with out mottai's help), they are not just IR ish but reminds yester glory of Mottai a lot
I didn't watch the movie, but the SUN TV program on the newcomer Ganesh ( the hero) showed quite a few clips with perfect job by Bhavatharini in RR
Her first film did have some good BGM in MITR my friend ( but lots of it was done by KR, who himself had copied few bits of smooth Jazz music by David Sanborn, I think in the climax scenes),
anyways, I think Bhava should try more seriously to continue as a MD and spare her singing exclusively for her spouse

Prabhudas

rajasaranam
2nd March 2006, 07:11 PM
Prabhudas,
I saw the re telecast of that programme today and was pretty much impressed by Bava's work. But I still have a strong doubt over it because every single bit sounds too much IR'ish. there is no deviation at all from IR's style The BGM the Orchestration the tunes etall makes my doubts stronger. :huh:

rajdes
3rd March 2006, 11:53 AM
maddy, did you affix the witness signature when IR gave KR those songs? :-)
FYI, a few IR movies in early 90's had singles scored by KR. This wasnt officially titled but were common knowledge. Grahan's songs , which you attribute to IR, were actually among these, one from a movie called Kanmani.
Bhava - it is tough to believe that she did this well indepednently but we'll have to give the benefit of doubt now.
What is sure that A.R.Rahman couldnt have in any way been involved with 'Machi' :-)

prabhudas
4th March 2006, 06:01 AM
RS,
true, I am still not totally convinced that it's Bhava's work 100%, but listening to her Kannada movie " geeya geeya" and the production banner being a new and unknown one, she probably did get it to do independently. Only her next few assignments ( if they continue to be this good) will answer if IR did help only one movie or if IR has indeed taken a part time job to help her little one, well I am just joking on the latter part, may be she is will turn to be a good competetion amidst the many successful MDs these days ( VS, YSR,HJ,BD etc)...paakkalaam
BTW anybody saw the full movie, I kind of liked the offbeat type theme ,
are the CDs available in India atleast, any full reviews of the music?

Prabhudas

coolcrave
7th March 2006, 09:38 PM
does anyone know where ca i get the song online

nkv
8th March 2006, 09:33 AM
There is a fantastic Reethigowlai in 'Amritham'.

Sujatha has sung it beautifully