PDA

View Full Version : India gains more and more bachelors (female infanticide)

Soomy
10th January 2006, 12:32 AM
According to the BBC source http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4592890.stm, there are some advantages and inconvenients to limit babies girl.

Advantages :
- Less arranged marriages.
- Less population rate.

Inconvenients :
- More rapes because men would not often see and speak to women.
- The price of dowry is growing.

phil
10th January 2006, 03:19 AM
I think such a kind of practice may be existing with the poorest or the poor and the uneducated in India. But i think having girl kids are better than boys in that they give less trouble and are nice.

stranger
10th January 2006, 03:44 AM
there are some advantages and inconvenients to limit babies girl.

Advantages :
- Less population rate.

Inconvenients :

Are these advantages/disadvantages crap just soomy's speculation or BBC's :?:

davie
10th January 2006, 07:39 AM
there are some advantages and inconvenients to limit babies girl.

Advantages :
- Less population rate.

Inconvenients :

Are these advantages/disadvantages crap just soomy's speculation or BBC's :?:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Everywhere our hero gets his reputation

KoH
10th January 2006, 04:18 PM
-deleted-

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 04:50 PM
Thats not a nice thing to say.

KoH
10th January 2006, 05:13 PM
Thats not a nice thing to say.

Why?

Ramayana is a story by Valmiki only :huh:

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 05:14 PM
KoH .. :evil: :x

KoH
10th January 2006, 05:22 PM
KoH .. :evil: :x
Think or immagine about the shortage of women in future! Don't you think that people (men) could fight for women?

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 05:24 PM
So please kindly dont bring in RELIGION here.
It can be argued without bringing in rama, valmiki etc. AINT NOT?

thankyou.

Lambretta
10th January 2006, 05:39 PM
Think or immagine about the shortage of women in future! Don't you think that people (men) could fight for women?
Ayyo! Romba sindhikapada vendiya vishayam...... :roll:

KoH
10th January 2006, 06:58 PM
-deleted-

Shakthiprabha.
10th January 2006, 07:20 PM
Suit urself dude. Lets see how many has my patience to take it lightly :smile:

Its all GEOGRAPHY, WAR, KIDNAPPING, AND nothing else.

Actually, You very well know most dont take it that way. Its their belief, sanctity and GOD which comes into picture.

It calls for basic and mutual respect from another's view to STOP hurting others with their personal beliefs.

karuvaadu
10th January 2006, 08:58 PM

Actually, You very well know most dont take it that way. Its their belief, sanctity and GOD which comes into picture.

It calls for basic and mutual respect from another's view to STOP hurting others with their personal beliefs.
If someone compares ramayana with odyssee then what is wrong in there? How many fellow indians know about odyssee? Honestly how many of you know Latin? How many Europeans are capable of Sanskrit? There are threads in the History Section hailing Ramayana as devine and if you say something against or compare it with Homer's odysee then your post is deleted and or you are banned, why? It is said that Hinduism tolerates everything but it seems the Hindus don't, am I right?

Sanguine Sridhar
10th January 2006, 10:59 PM

If someone compares ramayana with odyssee then what is wrong in there? How many fellow indians know about odyssee? Honestly how many of you know Latin? How many Europeans are capable of Sanskrit? There are threads in the History Section hailing Ramayana as devine and if you say something against or compare it with Homer's odysee then your post is deleted and or you are banned, why? It is said that Hinduism tolerates everything but it seems the Hindus don't, am I right?

:huh: The most stupid part in your idiotic explanation.Why you bring religons in your arguement? Cant you explain anything without the help of religon? If you really want to use it this is not the right place to discuss.And still if you want to continue Admin should take proper action :evil:

Sandeep
11th January 2006, 07:11 AM
Soomy,

Understanding that these are your observations and not that of BCC, I have two queries.

How is "Less arranged marraiges" an advantage. Moreover how is lesser number of women leading to "Less arranged marraiges".

How is "The price of dowry is growing" to happen when the number of women comes down. With women in more demand the opposite will happen.

I do agree that population growth may reduce (theoritically), but there are better ways for that than gender reasoned abortion. And yes the risk of more violence against women is true.

In some Indian communities where female foeticide has been going on for centuries the difference is so huge that polyandry has become common.