6. Chiranjeevi - Telugu
7. Saif Ali Khan - Hindi
8. Vijay - Tamil
9. Mammotty - Malayalam
10. Mohanlal - Malayalam

nilavupriyan
12th January 2006, 02:53 PM
left out junior n.t.r....add him too!

mohan lal after saif ali khan :banghead:....better close this thread before lal fans comes :lol:

aamir before kamal..no comments..u have good taste :lol:

Sandeep
12th January 2006, 03:17 PM
better close this thread before lal fans comes :lol:

If you take 'all India' movie audience I dont think any malayali actor will even come in Top 20. Atleast NTR has given the two M's a place in the list.

Point to ponder is only 4 languages is mentioned here. I assume largely because of our own language limitations. Again all are contempory stars where are the old stalwarts.

Alien
12th January 2006, 04:01 PM
This list doesn't seem like been "produced" by NTR ! Seems like taken from somwhere :roll: ....NTR , if so,please give the link ...

Lambretta
12th January 2006, 06:30 PM
1. Amitabh Bachan - Hindi
2. Rajnikanth - Tamil
3. Shah Rukh Khan - Hindi
4. Amir Khan - Hindi
5. Kamalhassan - Tamil
6. Chiranjeevi - Telugu
7. Saif Ali Khan - Hindi
8. Vijay - Tamil
9. Mammotty - Malayalam
10. Mohanlal - Malayalam
Reg. Hindi flims, agreed AB is the King! But even Dilip Kumar/Raj Kapoor/Dev Anand r no less rite? :)

Sundar12345
12th January 2006, 06:33 PM
AB is the don none to beat
Not RK after him there are better actors than him
Kamal Hassan
SRK

Lambretta
12th January 2006, 06:39 PM
left out junior n.t.r....add him too!

mohan lal after saif ali khan :banghead:....better close this thread before lal fans comes :lol:

aamir before kamal..no comments..u have good taste :lol:
Hey Nilavu,
How come u din't get mad at him for placing Rajni 2nd, while Kamal after tat- 5th!!! *gasp* :wink: :lol:

saffrontiger
13th January 2006, 12:55 AM
:evil: :evil: :evil: :x
what the fu***k is this Great Mohanlal on 10th position ! NTR are u mad
hahahaha crap saifalikhan,sharukh,vijay with great kamal hasan,rajini,mohanlal,amithab
:hammer:
Blow it out your as**hole, cracker

Top Actors(Acting wise)

no-1 Mohanlal
n0-2 Kamalhasan
n0-3 Amithab (in some films)

Top actors with mass fans support

1.Rajini
2.Amithab
3.chiranjeevi
4.Mohanlal
5.srk/amir/hrithik/kamal/mammooty/nagarjuna/ajith/vijay/

Surya
13th January 2006, 08:49 AM
tiger,
:rotfl: :thumbsup:

NTR
13th January 2006, 09:32 AM
In Acting Wise

1. Kamal
2. Mohanlal
3. Mammoty

In Mass wise

1. Rajni
2. Amithabh
3. Chirranjeevi
4. Shah Rukh Khan
5. Vijay

Overall see above

NTR
13th January 2006, 09:37 AM
My top 10 because all actors i put in are wellknown figures throughout India or among NRI's
Not every single canadian know Mohanlal,he is great actor i agree, but he is someone like innocent if he comes out of Kerala,..

Top Paid Actors in India

1. Rajni - 15-20 Crores
2. Chiranjeevi - 8-10 Crores
3. Vijay - 6-8 Crores
4. Amitabh - 4-6 Crores
5. Kamal - 4-6 Crores
6. Nagarjuna - 3-5 Crores
7. Shah Rukh Khan - 3-5 Crores
8. Amir Khan - 3-5 Crores
9. Mahesh Babu - 2-4 Crores
10. Hirthik Roshan - 2-4 Crores

swathy
13th January 2006, 09:45 AM
NTR gaaru please remove kamalji, mammooty and mohanlal from your list.

Legends don't require any numbers.

Sandeep
13th January 2006, 09:51 AM
In Acting

1) Mohanlal
2) Kamal
3) ...
4) ...
5) Mammoty
6) ...
7) ...

In Mass appeal

1) Rajani
2) SRK
3) Kamal hassan and the second ruge of Tamil actors

Mohanlal/Mammoty have appeal only among us Malayalis who are a very small population (less than half of Tamilians and Telugus).
Amitabh of 21st century cannot attract mass crowd, on his own, to the movies because of age and choice to do roles that suits his age ( unlike others :wink: ).
Chinanjeevi - I am not including because of my own lack of knowledge of his appeal.

Top Paid Actors in India

999) Mohanlal (75 lakhs)
1000) Mammoty (60 lakhs)

Quality comes cheap

NTR
13th January 2006, 10:02 AM
Ok..
But there top 10 NOW...
So, it could change anytime, but at top it still very hard..
But it could change, Vijay has been on field for barely 10 years but he already surpassed Kamal in terms of mass appeal..
But this is nothing to do with Quality..
I just rated them according to their popularity in India

Sandeep
13th January 2006, 10:04 AM
I respect Kamal (for his acting and variety of stories), Big B (for his personality and choice of scripts), Rajani (for his charisma), SRK and mammoty (for their profesionalism).

But I love Mohanlal and I dont need any reasons.

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 12:37 PM
Amitabh of 21st century cannot attract mass crowd, on his own, to the movies because of age and choice to do roles that suits his age ( unlike others :wink: ).
True! :(
Also his current appearance w/ his shorter, brown hair & silver goatee doesn't hav 1/2 the appeal tat his '70s/80s 'centre-parting' long-ish hair had (one reason y I prefer to hav his pics. from the '70s as my avtaar! :wink: )

Chinanjeevi - I am not including because of my own lack of knowledge of his appeal.
Well.....its hard to judge his popularity cos even it makes up only a small fraction of the nation's population (Afa I know he's the "Mega-star" only here in AP! :P ).....

Sandeep
13th January 2006, 03:13 PM

Why are you sad, instead you should be proud as he didn't go for bafoonary like others. He ruled Indian movie industry for 2 decades and now earns our respect. Isnt that the best way for human existance.

Also his current appearance w/ his shorter, brown hair & silver goatee doesn't hav 1/2 the appeal tat his '70s/80s 'centre-parting' long-ish hair had (one reason y I prefer to hav his pics. from the '70s as my avtaar! :wink: )

Sure 70s had its charm, but just look at the mans personality. I always compare two interviews that came in the same week in US. One was Ash in Opra Winfrey show and the other of Amitabhs on Charlie Rose. One a artificial doll and the other a sincere, mature, powerful yet humble person.

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 04:01 PM
Why are you sad, instead you should be proud as he didn't go for bafoonary like others.
The reason for my sadness is in the part tat I made bold in ur sentence above! :)
And yea ur right tat he didn't go for bafoonary (altho his participating in rap dances, like the one in Bunty & BaBLI is an exception).....I'm sure even Dev Anand, who's tyring to look 'evergreen' in his 70s doesn't command the type of charm+respect tat Big B has despite showing his age! :wink:

I always compare two interviews that came in the same week in US. One was Ash in Opra Winfrey show and the other of Amitabhs on Charlie Rose. One a artificial doll and the other a sincere, mature, powerful yet humble person.
My cheers to u for rightly saying this (in case of both the individuals u mentioned!) :wink: :lol: :clap: :thumbsup: 8-)

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 05:34 PM
----

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 05:35 PM
Ok..
But there top 10 NOW...
So, it could change anytime, but at top it still very hard..
But it could change, Vijay has been on field for barely 10 years but he already surpassed Kamal in terms of mass appeal..
But this is nothing to do with Quality..
I just rated them according to their popularity in India

mtr..vijay has appeal than kamal all over india?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

vijay gets more salary?...

give me one link to prove this!..just one link :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stop lying...

class

kamal
mohan lal
mammooty
aamair

mass

amitabh
sharuk
rajni and chiru
kamal(kamal wins rajni and chiru if all over india is taken into account)
aamir
vijay/ajith etc..

Alien
13th January 2006, 05:42 PM
I completely agree with Nilavu's post 8-)

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 05:49 PM
Me too...

Lambretta
15th January 2006, 10:45 AM
Nilavu machi....ur current avtaar is really cool! :wink: :D
Is it from Appu-Raja btw??

nilavupriyan
15th January 2006, 10:57 AM
Nilavu machi....ur current avtaar is really cool! :wink: :D
Is it from Appu-Raja btw??

yeah...apporva sagodharargal aka appu raja

NTR
15th January 2006, 01:40 PM
Vijay is earning 7 Crores...
Link wait..

MADDY
15th January 2006, 01:43 PM
all this talk of rating people on class and acting is a personal choice.....i think SRK is better than kamal.....so if i rate it that way then it wud seem absurd for kamal fans...so if there is any rating for national level then u have to rate purely on success basis.....on that i think

SRK
Mahesh Babu
Vijay

look at their previous 6-7 movies , all of them are hits......i think all others like kamal,rajni,amitabh have had flops in the recent past......

i think mohanlal is the best actor in India but that is a personal thing and cannot be a legitimate rating.......so rate ppl. on rateable units like BO collection and stuff, GOD HAS NOT GIVEN ANYONE THE POWER TO RATE PEOPLE ON QUALITY WITHOUT PARTIALITY....

NTR
15th January 2006, 01:50 PM
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/heroes/heroes5.html

nilavupriyan
15th January 2006, 02:04 PM
they say ajith gets salary equal to prasanth and madhavan!

they say vikram gets salary more than ajith :lol:

read kumudham article on this!

a well known magazine....has given a very big article on the salary

rajni.......%wise

kamal-5
vijay-3
ajith-2-3
vikram-got 2 crore for anniyan....highest ever
surya-2crore at present
madhavan-60

i guess all would have read this !

ur article says simbu has market than ajith!...

did u see the difference between paramasivan and saravana in opening!

:lol: :lol:

Lambretta
15th January 2006, 08:03 PM
Wow! So it looks like money rules the roost, as far as the 'ranking' of a star is concerned! :shock: :roll:

Sandeep
16th January 2006, 10:46 AM
Wow! So it looks like money rules the roost, as far as the 'ranking' of a star is concerned! :shock: :roll:

Thats why Arnold Shivashankaran (Terminator) is far better an actor than all these Indian KIDS (Even 60 year olds are just kids in front of Arnold who gets Rs. 85 crore for a movie).

NTR
16th January 2006, 11:00 AM
Kumudam's revelation of ACtors salary

1. Rajni - 15-20
2. Kamal -5
3. Vijay - 4
4. Ajit - 3.5
5. Surya,Vikram,Simbhu etc - 2 Crores

My question: Why income tax people targetting Vijay when he has fixed salary..

nilavupriyan
16th January 2006, 12:53 PM
Kumudam's revelation of ACtors salary

1. Rajni - 15-20
2. Kamal -5
3. Vijay - 4
4. Ajit - 3.5
5. Surya,Vikram,Simbhu etc - 2 Crores

My question: Why income tax people targetting Vijay when he has fixed salary..

hello....kamal pays his tax properly....

so they dont aim his home...whereas they aim vijay and others home!

they targeted sneha's home too!

how do u know that vijay has shown his salary as 4 crore to it dept....may be reduced salary! :huh:

sweet_luck
20th January 2006, 02:28 AM
My list would have kamal, mammootty and mohanlal as the top 3. You cant compare talent in terms of who is the best paid because obviously mallu movies cater to a smaller market than tamil, hindi etc. If u take the number of national awards then these 3 will top among the current actors. i think both kamal & mammootty have 3 best actor awards each and mohanlal has 2. Amitabh and rajini arent even close but i guess they do have more mass appeal.

romio
21st January 2006, 12:06 PM
mallu movies cater to a smaller market than tamil, hindi etc.

Yes this is naked truth :?

world languages ranks =

1.chinees,manderin
2.Hindi
3.English

19th tamil
29th postion is malayalam :?

Mohanlal 8-) can only compare with Rober Di Niro or Al Pacino not any indian actors :twisted:
Mohanlal a complete actor

Kamalhasan & Mammooty also good

in mass apeal sure amithab & rajini

Alien
21st January 2006, 04:33 PM

hey, that term is exclusively used to refer Kamal Haasan among Indian actors ! That is the truth !
He is the only COMPLETE actor , in Indian cinema 8-)

great
21st January 2006, 07:19 PM

hey, that term is exclusively used to refer Kamal Haasan among Indian actors ! That is the truth !
He is the only COMPLETE actor , in Indian cinema 8-)

yes ,vasanth you are perfectly rite!! Mohanlal is a good actor....he is not a complete actor .....

Alien
21st January 2006, 07:51 PM
Yeah great ! Mohanlal is one of the best and finest actor in the country , but never referred as complete 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
21st January 2006, 08:25 PM
1. Shivaji ganEshan.

2. Rajkapoor

3. Amitabh bachan

4. Nasrudeen shah

5. Kamal hassan

6. Nana patekar

7. Shahrukh khan

8. Mohanlal

9. mamooty

10.Amir khan

In THAT ORDER RESPECTIVELY

Justice
22nd January 2006, 08:13 AM
why in the forumhub, Sharukhan ranked above Mohanlal and Aamir khan? :huh:

nilavupriyan
22nd January 2006, 09:54 AM
1. Shivaji ganEshan.

2. Rajkapoor

3. Amitabh bachan

4. Nasrudeen shah

5. Kamal hassan

6. Nana patekar

7. Shahrukh khan

8. Mohanlal

9. mamooty

10.Amir khan

i guess this is based on acting!

but do u think amitabh is above kamal?

sharuk above lal

great
22nd January 2006, 09:14 PM
1. Shivaji ganEshan.

2. Rajkapoor

3. Amitabh bachan

4. Nasrudeen shah

5. Kamal hassan

6. Nana patekar

7. Shahrukh khan

8. Mohanlal

9. mamooty

10.Amir khan

SP , how come you are rating AB over KH..... AB has done varied role like KH...i am not degrading AB potential...even you have rated Nana patekar over Mamooty and Mohanlal

mimirfan
23rd January 2006, 12:23 PM
1. Shivaji Ganeshan.

2. Rajkapoor

3. Kamal hassan

4. Mamooty

5. Nasrudeen shah

6. Mohanlal

7. Amir khan

8. Amitabh bachan

9. Nana patekar

10. Shahrukh khan

will be more sensible

ajithfederer
2nd February 2006, 10:47 PM
I don know about Top 10 actors......But in terms of awards....film making......story writing ....screenplay and knowledge about diverse areas in film industry kamal scores way above other actors in indian cinema

I don think its wrong to say that

Kamal Is The Face Of Cinema

Plese Note: Adding Vijay in that List Is an Insult to others in the list

:lol:

Sandeep
3rd February 2006, 10:14 AM
MOHANLAL is a COMPLETE ACTOR.

Yes he is not a good producer (though he got a national award as producer for the best film and critical acclaim in cannes).

story writing ....screenplay and knowledge about diverse areas in film industry
Agree Mohanlal has not even attempted these.

Lambretta
3rd February 2006, 06:48 PM
AMITABH 8 IN THE LIST-AA??!!! :shock:
THIS AIN'T FAIR........! :evil: :(

NTR
3rd February 2006, 08:17 PM
Amitabh was No.1 in my list

MADDY
4th February 2006, 12:04 PM
hey guys, i keep making this point again and again, we cannot make a list of TOP 10 actors for the whole nation......we come from different cultures and diff practices......we cannot think or feel the same for a performance from an actor....ex: i felt very strong for SRK's performance in swades, but many of kamal fans here shrugged it off saying it is just a ordinary performance, similarly for kamal fans Zadma is a oscar winning effort but for me it is utter crap........many of mumbaiites,northies dunt even know who is shivaji ganeshan and MGR, so we cannot make a detailed list of top10 when we dont understand the feelings of other region people.......so forget it guys and dunt make stupid ratings where u put mohan lal in bottom 5 and stuff like that...it is insulting......

Sandeep
4th February 2006, 04:08 PM
Maddy,

No one is making list for the whole India. Everyone is giving their own list.

Lamby,

Amitabh has great appeal and personality, but sorry to say he is not very good in Acting. Same with Raj Kapoor.

Shakthiprabha.
4th February 2006, 10:44 PM
Hmm...

Kamal is above AB.

I agree. I change my list as foll........

1. Shivaji Ganeshan.

2. Rajkapoor

3. Kamal hassan

4. Nasrudin shah

5. Amitabh bachan

6. Nana patekar

7. Shahrukh khan

8. Mohanlal

9. mamooty

10.Amir khan

Lambretta
4th February 2006, 11:14 PM
Lamby,

Amitabh has great appeal and personality, but sorry to say he is not very good in Acting.
:shock: Waaaaaaaat??!!
Oh c'mooooon.......!! :roll:
Look I know he cudn't be No. 1 in the list but placing him 8th, really.....! :roll: :oops: :evil:

Surya
5th February 2006, 12:43 AM
I think that Big B would go in the TOP 4. He's one of the most charismatic movie personlaties in the nation.

m_23_bayarea
5th February 2006, 01:47 AM
Maddy !! You're absolutely right ... And also, wht is the criterion for this list ?? Is it great acting ... Or box-office collections ... Or mass appeal .... Or salary .... Cos when you say top actor, it has to be a combination of all these things .... And when you talk abt great acting, it becomes purely subjective .... For me, Rajinikanth is the best actor ... And for you all, it might be different ... So it is kinda hard to put a list with all these different permutations .....

Shakthiprabha.
5th February 2006, 04:26 PM
bayarea,

rajnikant is a good actor. Definitely I agree.

The quesiton is DOES HE BOIL DOWN TO TOP 10 best actors in india.

We have wonderful WELL KNOWN actors better than rajnikant.

My list is PURELY on

MASS APPEAL + talent

Sandeep
5th February 2006, 05:05 PM
SP,

What % have you given for Appeal and Talent.

And is appeal on linguistic basis.

1) If you take national appeal, Shivaji Ganeshan, Kamal hassan and the 2 M's will not score much. Then what appeal does Nana patekar, Nasrudeen shah hold. They cannot get people to cinema on their own
2) If it is region specific then Mohanlal, Mamooty has more appeal in their home turf than others in their specific places.

Are you saying Raj Kapoor has more Talent and Appeal than Big B. Then Amir has enormous advantage over the other Khan and he is not that behind in Appeal. If you know Rang de Bhasanthi was released with 240 shows in Mumbai alone.

Shakthiprabha.
6th February 2006, 10:02 AM
wELL i GAVE a mixed percentage.

Shivaji topped the list cause, INSPITE OF lack of national appeal, he deserves that position, as he, considering the era he was in has achieved quite a lot.

KH lacks national appeal too. YET he is unique so he stands in his place in top 5.

Two Ms are rightly placed towards the end.

Rajkapoor YES DEF WAS MORE TALENTED. We need to consider his era, his areas of expertise etc. RUSSIANS were crazy after his movie. In those days he achieved international fame.

DEFINITELY FOR ME, Rajkapoor is ahead of BIG B.

MADDY
6th February 2006, 11:55 AM
wELL i GAVE a mixed percentage.

Shivaji topped the list cause, INSPITE OF lack of national appeal, he deserves that position, as he, considering the era he was in has achieved quite a lot.

KH lacks national appeal too. YET he is unique so he stands in his place in top 5.

Two Ms are rightly placed towards the end.

Rajkapoor YES DEF WAS MORE TALENTED. We need to consider his era, his areas of expertise etc. RUSSIANS were crazy after his movie. In those days he achieved international fame.

DEFINITELY FOR ME, Rajkapoor is ahead of BIG B.

well, SP, i really cant see any mass appeal for shivaji in the whole country.....secondly, how do u calculate talent?....i think Mohan lal is the best ever actor in Indian cinema history...can u prove me wrong??

one more thing, are you telling me that BIG B's no.1 position now in Bollywood at the age of 60 is a lesser achievement than any achievement of shivaji???

see, it really pains to see mohanlal and aamir khan below kamal and raj kapoor....hey no probs man, i know it is ur personal opinion.....carry on.....

Sandeep
6th February 2006, 01:21 PM
SP,

Initially I didn't opposing your list as its your choice but later when you claimed that "My list is PURELY on MASS APPEAL + talent" then it needs to be accurate.

SP wrote: "wELL i GAVE a mixed percentage"

Yes, you have
for Kamal and Big B its 50-50,
for the 2 M's, SRK its 20-80 in favour of Appeal,
for Nana and Shah 80-20 in favour of Talent,
and
for Rajkapoor and Shivaji 20-20-60 in favour of era.

Amir seems to have been added as an after thought. (The Rang De Basanthi effect)

SP wrote: "DEFINITELY FOR ME, Rajkapoor is ahead of BIG B"

Fair enough, that's entirely your prerogative.

Shakthiprabha.
6th February 2006, 02:14 PM
sandeep,

:roll:

nice analysis.

Aamir entered there cause, I NEVER FOUND ANYONE ELSE to fit list. :roll:

Sanjeevi
6th February 2006, 11:18 PM
Overall Kamal shoule be placed at top because he is a multi-talented :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
6th February 2006, 11:29 PM
Vijay is earning 7 Crores...
Link wait..

for Aathi? :rotfl: :lol:

Sandeep
7th February 2006, 06:44 AM

Yes if you consider his contributions as producer, and others areas also.

Surya
7th February 2006, 07:18 AM
Kamal is one of the few ppl in the indian movie industry who is excellent @ acting, Directing, Constantly producing, Singing, and basically anything else....

Sandeep
7th February 2006, 07:54 AM
Very true

romio
7th February 2006, 01:39 PM
Thanmathra' bags five state film awards

Lalettan Again :D got record for winning state several time Soon
Break National 8-) 8-)

Congrats on winning the award again LALETTA, you deserve it
One of the greatest actors in all of film history of mankind 8-)

:thumbsup: JAI JAI LALETTA :clap:

7th FEB 12:56 hrs IST

`Thanmathra' bags five state film awards
- -

Thiruvananthapuram: `Thanmathra' (Molecule), a moving tale of the tragedy engulfing a nuclear middle-class family with the husband falling prey to Alzheimer's disease, bagged five awards including that of best film and director in the Kerala state film awards announced on Tuesday.

Blessy was chosen the best director and script-writer for the film while Mohanlal got the best actor award for his outstanding performance in the movie. Teenage actor Arjun Lal's performance in the film got him a special jury mention. The jury commended the technical excellence of the film in all areas.

Navya Nair got the best actress award for her roles in `Saira' and `Kanne Madanguka.' Bhavana was adjudged the second best actress for her performance in `Daivanamathil.' `Achan Urangatha Veedu' directed by Lal Jose was chosen the second best film and Salim Kumar got the award for second best actor for his role in the film.

`Ananthabhadram', directed by Santosh Sivan, got five awards, including that of best cinematographer for the director. Other awards for the film are for music direction for song (M.G. Radhakrishnan), editing (Sreekar Prasad), art direction (Sunil Babu) and make-up (Pattanam Rasheed).

Music Director M. Jayachandran was chosen the best playback singer for his song in `Nottam' for which he himself did the music. K.S. Chithra was selected as the best female playback singer for her song in the same film.

`Achuvinte Amma' directed by Sathyan Anthikkad was chosen the best popular film with aesthetic appeal while Roshan Andrews was adjudged the best debut director for the film `Udayananu Tharam.'

http://www.manoramaonline.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=manorama/MmArticle/CommonFullStory&cid=1139220751089&c=MmArticle&p=1002194839100&count=10&colid=1002258272845&channel=News

http://www.mathrubhumi.com/php/newsDetails.php?news_id=126530&n_type=HO&category_id=&Farc=&previous=

Mohanlal Rockzzzzz lalfans Rockzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sandeep
7th February 2006, 02:38 PM
Latest feather in the Crown of the King.

Thanmatra : We went, We saw and We got conquered

Shakthiprabha.
7th February 2006, 03:54 PM
and that is why i placed rajkapoor in second place.

he is multi talented too

director, actor, producer... :roll:

Sandeep
8th February 2006, 06:47 AM
But the topic is Top 10 Actors. Not Top ten film personalities who happen to be actors also.

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2006, 02:48 PM
:roll:

hmm...... :)

u win.

On second thoguht I think Rajkapoor is also a good actor :oops:

See there cannot be a unbiased top 10 here, as some of us, wont know about other languages. (except mother tongue and hindi)

Sandeep
8th February 2006, 03:05 PM
Agree there can never be an unbiased list of Top 10. See this post of mine.

Point to ponder is only 4 languages is mentioned here. I assume largely because of our own language limitations. Again all are contempory stars where are the old stalwarts.

I am myself highly biased towards Mohanlal, Kamal and to lesser extent to Mammoty. See my list

In Acting

1) Mohanlal
2) Kamal
3) ...
4) ...
5) Mammoty
6) ...
7) ...
... for vacant
Purely biased but thats my list of Top 10, can't help it.

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2006, 03:49 PM
lol :lol: :)

Alien
11th February 2006, 11:48 AM
Yessssssss!!!! :D :D 8-) ... He deserves the top slot :P 8-) .... I don't think any other actor has been excellent, like him in all areas :?: :P

joe
21st February 2006, 03:57 PM
are you telling me that BIG B's no.1 position now in Bollywood at the age of 60 is a lesser achievement than any achievement of shivaji???

Ha Ha Ha ..comparing Nadigar thilagam the Boss with Amithab...You guys really know the achivements of Nadigar thilagam?

Do you altleast know He was selected as a Best actor Asia,Africa before Ambith even entered into acting?

You atleast heard about the higest award for arts and culture from France Govt 'chevalier'?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MADDY
24th February 2006, 01:22 AM
Ha Ha Ha ..comparing Nadigar thilagam the Boss with Amithab...You guys really know the achivements of Nadigar thilagam?

Do you altleast know He was selected as a Best actor Asia,Africa before Ambith even entered into acting?

You atleast heard about the higest award for arts and culture from France Govt 'chevalier'?

do u know who is the best ever actor according to BBC poll, do u know madam tussaud's wax musuem?? do u know sholay is the biggest hit in Indian film history??do u know that KBC was the highest viewed series in Indian television history......

see, i'am proud of shivaji as a tamilian but at the same time i dunt think i will disregard amitabh's achievements......he is also great

joe
26th February 2006, 01:20 AM

do u know who is the best ever actor according to BBC poll, do u know madam tussaud's wax musuem?? do u know sholay is the biggest hit in Indian film history??do u know that KBC was the highest viewed series in Indian television history......

see, i'am proud of shivaji as a tamilian but at the same time i dunt think i will disregard amitabh's achievements......he is also great

Yes,I know..So what? Does it make Amitab greater actor than sivaji..yuk..I can't imagine compare Sivaji with amitab.

Kollywoodfan
28th February 2006, 04:46 AM
Kamal Kamal Kamal
Mamooty
Mohanlal

Kartikeya
2nd March 2006, 09:00 PM
So you are all discussing only the top 10 stars! Care for the poor starlets also! Here is my list of current and all-time-great lists of the silver-screen goddesses:

All Time Greats

[/list]

1. Madhubala
2. Savitri Chatterjee
3. Bhanumati
4. Nootan
5. Hema Malini
6. Meena Kumari
7. Madhuri Dixit
8. Pandharibai
9. Suchitra Sen
10. B. Saroja Devi

Current Top 10

1. Aishwairya Rai
2. Rani Mukharjee
3. Kajol
4. Tharra
5. Shobhana
6. Tabu
7. Sonali Kulkarni
8. Meera Jasmine
9. Rituparna Sengupta

These are my lists! Yours are welcome!
10. Indrani Haldhar

Raghu
2nd March 2006, 09:20 PM
1. Dr.Shivaji Ganeshan - Tamil
2. Dr.Kamal Hasan - Tamil
3. SUPERB STAR -RAJNIKANTH - Tamil
4. MITHUN Chakaraborti - Hindi
5. SRK- Hindi
6. Mohan Lal - Mallu
7. Mammoty - Mallu
8. Vikram - Tamil
9. ??
10.??

MADDY
2nd March 2006, 11:20 PM
5. SRK- Hindi
6. Mohan Lal - Mallu
7. Mammoty - Mallu
8. Vikram - Tamil
9. ??
10.??

mithun above mohan lal......good work sir....i appreciate it..... :D

btw, are shivaji and kamal doctors in overacting???

nilavupriyan
12th March 2006, 11:30 PM
5. SRK- Hindi
6. Mohan Lal - Mallu
7. Mammoty - Mallu
8. Vikram - Tamil
9. ??
10.??

mithun above mohan lal......good work sir....i appreciate it..... :D

btw, are shivaji and kamal doctors in overacting???

shivaji has got international awards many times!(Marlon brando has written abt him)

kamal is considered to be the best with the most number of national awards!

regarding overacting...i prefer u to watch shruk!

"meeeinnn booollll rahaaa hoooon"...with goat voice :lol:

Poornima
21st March 2006, 12:35 PM
1. Mohanlal
2. Naseeruddin Shah
3. Nedumudi Venu
4. Gopi
5. Om Puri
6. Amitabh Bachchan
7. Mammootty
8. Mithun Chakraborthy
9. Irrfan Khan
10. Thilakan

Cinefan
21st March 2006, 01:17 PM
1. Mohanlal
2. Naseeruddin Shah
3. Nedumudi Venu
4. Gopi
5. Om Puri
6. Amitabh Bachchan
7. Mammootty
8. Mithun Chakraborthy
9. Irrfan Khan
10. Thilakan

No Kamal in your Top 10,he will make it to any Top 10 Indian actors list if not the Top 1.

Agree Gopi&Irrfan Khan are brilliant actors,but there are so many facets which has not been tapped at all.Any Top 10 should be on the performances delivered&not on potential.

Poornima
21st March 2006, 01:40 PM
cinefan
needless to say, my list is based on what my views are about acting in its essence. just like your list (not ANY list) would have kamal haasan on the top. fair deal?

regarding irrfan, yeah probably you are right in that his repertoire is not as huge and diverse as kamal. however, he has been consistent all through this period and more importantly, he has turned in fine performances even in pathetic films with hopeless scripts which i think is a pointer to his abilities.

i strongly disagree on gopi... he has delivered time and again and if not for his paralytical ailment, he would have given us many more wonderful performances... there's this 80s movie called yavanika where he plays a brooding, sinister tabla player... knockout performance. and that's one of his under-rated turns.. anyway.

forgive the cliche, but different people have different tastes. these actors have their individual strengths and falls but for me, what connects the list is that all of them have been consistently good and, by and large, stayed away from hamming/overacting in their performances. as i said, in another list by another person, the priorities could be different. so there.

Poornima
21st March 2006, 01:42 PM
cinefan
needless to say, my list is based on what my views are about acting in its essence. just like your list (not ANY list) would have kamal haasan on the top. fair deal?

regarding irrfan, yeah probably you are right in that his repertoire is not as huge and diverse as kamal. however, he has been consistent all through this period and more importantly, he has turned in fine performances even in pathetic films with hopeless scripts which i think is a pointer to his abilities.

i strongly disagree on gopi... he has delivered time and again and if not for his paralytical ailment, he would have given us many more wonderful performances... there's this 80s movie called yavanika where he plays a brooding, sinister tabla player... knockout performance. and that's one of his under-rated turns.. anyway.

forgive the cliche, but different people have different tastes. these actors have their individual strengths and falls but for me, what connects the list is that all of them have been consistently good and, by and large, stayed away from hamming/overacting in their performances. as i said, in another list by another person, the priorities could be different. so there.

Cinefan
22nd March 2006, 11:22 AM
cinefan

Fair enough poornima.Infact i would have accepted it if I was new to this hub&had not read your posts last tamil New year when you showed a marked bias against Kamal.

Now we all have our biases(for&against),agreed.But your explanation that the actors in your Top 10 have by&large stayed away from hamming/overacting is misleading.

There are innumerable films where Mohan Lal,Mammotty&Amitabh have played to the galleries with their loud performances.Infact Amitabh can't hold a candle to Kamal when it comes to comedy.

And Mithun,he has a large stock of utterly rubbish films.Don't you know?

See,you can have a Top 10 list of your choice,it need not have Kamal haasan,but accept that basically you don't like him instead of justifying his absence thro' unconvincing explanations.

Poornima
22nd March 2006, 02:29 PM
cinefan
if you have really read my previous posts, you should have also accepted that time and again, i have ALSO acknowledged kamal haasan's extremely rich contributions to tamil cinema as a writer and producer. which i think is itself reason for me to believe that there is no marked bias against him. as i said, it's just what hits you as good acting.

about hamming, i've only said they've by and large stayed away from it. they've done it in innumerable films? well, if they are innumerable you couldve mentioned at least a couple of them... which i can, mohanlal has hammed in some of his later films like praja and onnaaman... mammootty in many of his earlier films where he tried to do comedy and failed miserably. amitabh too, especially when he gets overwhelmed by the role and tries to perform for the critics (black).

and to say that amitabh can't hold a candle to kamal in comedy is, well... i don't think any leading actor in this country, not even mohanlal who's a brilliant comic talent, has been as effective as bachchan when it comes to comedy...he has made even the most ludicrous-sounding comic scenes convincing and funny without the backing of sharp-witted writers to do the backing.

about mithun, yeah he has a huge truckload of crappy movies for a career and that's precisely my point. he has delivered in many of these excuses for movies and his contributions in good cinema - mrigaya, tahader katha, gudiya and the like - have been outstanding too. so.

Cinefan
22nd March 2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks Poornima for accepting most of what I said ,which means logically you should have had Kamal in your Top 10. :D As for Amitabh&comedy,well i don't share your opinion,Kamal&Mohanlal are far better.

Anyway,that's your list&we will leave it at that.PEACE

destinys_cousin922
22nd March 2006, 05:22 PM
what a jaded topic of discussion..so then, wot brings me here??the very fact that this topic has a sense of "repeat value" and an argumentative demeanour which lies within the realms of monotony...

ahhh..the top 10 actors...i believe we need to flush out our perspectives a bit here..when we say an x, y or zee actor is gr8..what exactly r we pointing to out here??is it the fact that the actor in concern has been able to insert in his characters a sense of identity that a large chunk of his audience hv been able to connect with??r we talking abt his contribution to cinema in general??or r we talking abt a sense of individuality that only that particular actor cud have lended to the many acclaimed characters that he has played over a period of time...i vouch for the third clause....its individuality that matters...and for the same reason i say MOHANLAL is the finest actor india has ever produced...but again, i am judging the merit of an actor from a small sphere of observation...its just my yardstick that i am sticking to...but my conclusion on mohanlal is based on one simple observation, he aint the "same ballpark" as that of the other performers whom we deem as "gr8 actors"...a sense of naturality, an easy charm that he has exuded in his roles..he oversimplifies acting...now is tat a gud attribute to be posessing one may ask?? cant say i say...

Thirumaran
24th March 2006, 08:00 AM
My top 10 actors based on acting talents.
1. Kamalhasan (Versatility puts him in the top. I believe he is the only actor capable of doing many roles)
2. Shivaji Ganesan.
3. Mohanlal
4. Mamooty
5. Amitabh
6. Sanjeev Kumar
7. Nasrudeen shah
8. Om Puri..
9. Mithun Chakravarthy
10. Nagesh.

:)

great
24th March 2006, 07:05 PM
Nice list thiru :D .... Nassurdeen Shah is missing in your list :roll:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thirumaran
26th March 2006, 04:51 AM
Nice list thiru :D .... Nassurdeen Shah is missing in your list :roll:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was suppose to write Nasrudeen in place of Nana Patekar . :roll:

great
26th March 2006, 10:39 AM
now the list look perfect :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Raikkonen
26th March 2006, 12:26 PM
Acting wise its good..
Not in fame wise

Thirumaran
26th March 2006, 06:35 PM
Acting wise its good..
Not in fame wise

Even in the fame list as you mentioned Vijay will never be in top 10. Leave about top 10. Even in Top 25 his name will never feature. Other than Tamiliand hardly people know him in india. May be among few south indians. But if you come out of South india, I bet not even 1% of people know him. Madhavan, Arvindswamy and Prabhudeva are comparatively popular Tamil actors in North india. Even Vikram certain people know. But Vijay :lol: . Even in tamilnadu he will come after Rajini and Kamal only. His popularity is over hyped by the media and Vijay fans. That too including him in top 10 actors of india is tooooooooooooo much.

:banghead:

Raikkonen
26th March 2006, 07:48 PM
Did i ever mentioned about Vijay

Thirumaran
27th March 2006, 10:18 PM
Did i ever mentioned about Vijay

I was commenting on the list you mentioned in the beginning of this thread. I understand you are big Vj Fan. But dont you think it is too much to keep his name in the top 10 actors. By acting wise, there is no need to think about that. In popularity wise also do u think he is popular other than tamilians.

Sorry if anything wrong. :)

Raikkonen
28th March 2006, 10:06 AM
I know he lost some of his pride after Aathi..
But i wrote this after Sivakaasi release when everyone talking good things about him..

Madhavan, Rajni (on Ghilli), Farahkhan, Srikanth, even Vikram spoke highly of him...

I agree he wont be in top 10 at the current status..

But he is the only Tamil Actor after Rajni and Kamal could push into Top 10 in fame wise

manmadan
28th March 2006, 11:36 PM
But i wrote this after Sivakaasi release when everyone talking good things about him..

Madhavan, Rajni (on Ghilli), Farahkhan, Srikanth, even Vikram spoke highly of him...

But he is the only Tamil Actor after Rajni and Kamal could push into Top 10 in fame wise

yea i agree :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
29th March 2006, 02:07 AM

It is not the question of losing pride after one movie. No one will lose pride within one movie.

We are talking abt top 10 actors of India not TN. If it is TN it is accepatable. Other than Thamizh people, very few(some people in kerala, AP and Karanataka) will be knowing Vijay. That is it. Other than the rest of India(maximum) would have never known abt an Actor called Vijay. So It is out of question for Vijay to be included in Top 10 of Indian actors in fame wise also.

nilavupriyan
29th March 2006, 06:28 PM

do u say after sivakasi vijay was famous all over india and only aathi made him unpopular? :lol: :lol:

sivakasi and thirupachi made him famous among c-class audience of tamilnadu..thats it!

selvakumar
29th March 2006, 06:35 PM
May I know why you people are dragging the comedy further in TOP 10 INDIAN ACTORS thread?

discussing about vijay in this thread itself will be an insult to those who deserve the TOP 10 spots

njv
30th March 2006, 03:54 AM
If I prepared my list, mohanlal wont be there, not because hei s not a great actor,but because I havent watched his good movies. All I watched were few commercial hits. Can you guys please recommend some very good mohanlal movies.

destinys_cousin922
30th March 2006, 10:45 AM
//Can you guys please recommend some very good mohanlal movies.//

ok here r a few recommendations..

lalsalaam,kireedom,bharatham,dasharatham,iruvar,sa dayam,thazhvaram,varavelpu,naadodikaattu,sanmanass ulavarkku samaadhaanam,amrutham gamaya,namukku parkkan munthirithoppukal,thoovanathumbikal,pavithram,kama ladalam,vanaprastham...phew..puff..pant..gasp..bel ieve me..there r more..but hows tat for starters???

Sandeep
31st March 2006, 08:46 AM
Serious Roles:

KIREEDOM, DEVASURAM, THANMATHRA, MANICHITRATAZHU, BHARATHAM, SADAYAM, THALAVATTOM.

Comedy Roles

CHITRAM, KILUKKAM, UDAYANANU THARAM, NADODIKKATTU, THENMAVIN KOMBATHU, MUKUNDETTA SUMITHRA VILIKKUNNU, GANDHI NAGAR 2ND STREET, SANMANASSULLAVARKKUSAMADHANAM

Action Roles:

ARAAM THAMBURAN, NARAN, YODHA, IRUPATHAM NOOTTANDU, RAJAVINTE MAKAN, ARYAN

Raikkonen
31st March 2006, 09:16 AM
What movie he dance with Kiran..
It was like comedy show...

princeofkerala
31st March 2006, 03:29 PM
"Padma Shri Bharat Mohanlal" Greatest Actors of Our Generation.

Dont discuss vijay with these Great actors vijay,prabhudeva or sunil shetty can be in worst list not here :P :rotfl:

Lalettan Achievements
2001 : Padma Shri

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Awards
1989 : Kireedam
1991 : Bharatham
1999 : Vaanaprastham
1999 : Vaanaprastham(Producer of the Best Film)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

State Awards
1986 : T .P. Balagopalan M.A.
1991 : Ulladakkam, Kilukkam, Abhimanyu
1995 : Kalapani, Spadikam
2005 : Thanmathra

Critics Award
1988 : Padamudra, Chitram
1991 : Bharatam, Ulladakkam

Film Fair Award
1986 : Sanmasullavarkku Samadhaanam
1988 : Padamudra
1993 : Devasuram
1994 : Pavitram
1995 : Spadikam

Others
1999 : Vaanaprastham(Mathrubhumi-Medmix Award)
1999 : Prem Nazeer Award
2000 : Mother Theresa Award
2000 : M.G Soman Award
2000 : Narasimham, Life is beautiful(National Film Academy)
2001 : 'Natana Rathna' award
2003 : Company (Best supporting Actor)
(International Indian Film Academy Awards(IIFA))
2003 : Best contributer award for his contribtions in the field of eye donation.(IMA, Indian Medical Association)
2003 : Jeeva Asianet film award 2004, for best actor - Balettan
2003 : Vanitha-Cuticura Film Award, for best actor - Balettan
2003 : Mathrubhumi-Medmix Film Award, for best actor - Balettan
2005 : Kalakeralam Award, for the year 2005
2005 : Vanitha-Chandrika Film Award, for best actor - Thanmathra

princeofkerala
31st March 2006, 03:30 PM
270+ Movie list
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0482320/

Here is my favourate to-25 mohanlal movie list
[not in paticular order]

1.Thalavattam
2.Rajavinte Makan
3.Namukku Parkkan Munthiri Thoppukal
4.Thoovana Thumbigal
5.Nadodikkattu
6.Amritamgamaya
7.Irupatham Noottandu
8.Vellanakalude Naadu
9.Padamudra
10.Chithram
11.Aryan
12.Varavelppu
13.Vandanam
14.Kireedam
15.Dasharatham
16.Lal Salam
17.Kilukkam
18.Bharatham
19.Sadhyam
20.Devasuram
21.Vanaprastham
22.Thanmathra
23.His Highness Abdullah
24.Cheppu
25.Manichitrathazhu

Raikkonen
31st March 2006, 11:58 PM
Maybe he is a great actor..
But he lacks grace...

destinys_cousin922
2nd April 2006, 12:55 PM
//What movie he dance with Kiran..
It was like comedy show...//

well honey, crap is ubiquituous, its omnipresent isnt it??and just like any other gr8 actor mohanlal to has had his share of crappy films.but u never judge an actor's talent based on his periods of troughs. u take his gr8 per4mances into consideration and accordingly release your judgement.

and talking about grace, i believe grace is imperative to an actor's gr8ness.grace and acting ingenuity and interlaced.but then the question arises "wot do u classify as grace?"..is it a mere show-off of your dancing skills.if u think so, i believe u r just being naive here.grace is imbedded within every character an actor plays.take for example "mangalasseri neelakandan" of "devasuram".there is a sense of innane grace,a sense of musical harmony.even when neelakandan reacts to a musical note there is this deep rhythmic undertone to it.that is GRACE.quite often we tend to classify "grace" as an explicit attribute, while the truth is its implicit to every character.and even if u dont buy my perspective, there is a better version of that truth.and it goes by the name "kamaladalam".watch it to believe my words.."mohanlal's grace is unmatched by any other actor in indian cinema"...

Raikkonen
2nd April 2006, 07:45 PM
Thats a BIG quote..

Mohanlal's grace is unmatched by any other actor in indian cinema

He is hardly known outside of Kerala..

njv
3rd April 2006, 07:46 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I've got two DVDs so far fortunately with subtitle (Nadodikkattu & Vanaprastham) will try. I watched Guru (IR fan, bought the movie for IR and took a while to understand the movie. Good movie and different thinking) in addition to this.

I dont care if he has grace or not. If he can bring the feeling that the situation needs, he will be in my buddy list. Very few people only bring that feeling, like Sivaji, Savithri, KH, RK (80s), Vikram, Mamooty (from what i have seen). I am sure Mohanlal would be added to my list soon.

nilavupriyan
3rd April 2006, 08:11 AM
watch kireedam njv...

a very simple script with very simple performances by thilakan and lal!

there is only onbe song in the movie..."kanneeer poovinte"...excelent song!

mohan lal in some scenes gives the subtle emotions .... good movie!

Raikkonen
3rd April 2006, 09:18 AM
But how come hes not so famous outside Kerala?

bingleguy
3rd April 2006, 09:30 AM
Mamotty used to act in Thamizh movies. .. but not mohan lal i guess ! probably he is so confined to his language ! n love his kerala more than anything!

princeofkerala
3rd April 2006, 09:30 AM
But how come hes not so famous outside Kerala?

Who said it Buddy :x Mohanlal Known Internationaly..With in first Bollywood film Company he got International Indian Film Academy Awards :D

Njv Nadodikattu/vanaprastham One is comedy another one classical

Dont miss Thoovanathumpikal,Namukuparkam muthirithopukal,rajavintemakan,kireedom,thalavatto m.

Offbeat film Thanmathra still playing in theatres 120days still going strong 2006 national award should go to lalettan again :)

Mohanlal old films are Remaked in different langauges including tamil,Hindi ,telungu,kanadda

princeofkerala
3rd April 2006, 09:33 AM
Posted by: Sukumara Menon (suku_menon@yahoo.com)

Here are my favourate top 10 scenes of Mohanlal's acting career. All these films are must see films as well.

Kireedam: Climax scene. Sethumadhavan sits near to the wheel of the bullock cart with a knife. The face is a gamut of expressions. Grief-Anger-Despair
Chithram: Dialogue with the Jail Suprindednt(Sukumaran). "Ippo jeevikkan aagraham thonnithudngiyirikkunnu". Notice the way voice has rendred.

Thalavattam: Null expression when the doctor kills Vinu. Challenge for any actor even the impact for the viewer is not much.
Dasaratham: Climax. Dialog with the nurse(Sukumari) looking at the sunset requesting that can I call you as my mom.
Iruvar: Anandan is with the makup. He is prepared for the scene. Director tells him that no need to act in the scene. Anandan takes the artificial beard from his face and there is a mixture of expressions. Just perfect.

Company: The dialog with Chandu in the hospital at Nairobi. Tight close up. The police officer tries to coach the gangster. The expressions are apt.

Kilukkam: The dialogue with Nischal (Jagathy Sreekumar) telling the fortune Joji got. "I will send you Sngapore dollors". No slapstick. No bafoonery. The comedy is in the normal expressions and voice rendering.

Sadayam: Climax. After killing the girls. Tight closeup. Tears from the eyes. There is an expression of satisfaction dominated by despair.

T.P Balagopalan M.A: The marketing scene of wallpapers. Balagopalan makes the wall of the customer a mess. No voice. Just notice the way the embarassment has expressed. This kind of situations demands good control and timing from the actor. Audience laughs.

Thoovanathumpikal: The moment when he understand that Clara was a virgin. Very much controlled acting again.

:clap: :clap: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

Raikkonen
3rd April 2006, 09:43 AM
Ok. Ok..
You cant blame me because scope for Mallu movies here very poor...

Im starter of this topic anyway..

I like Mammoty more than him, maybe if im a Kerala born, i would have chosen Mohanlal..

bingleguy
3rd April 2006, 09:45 AM
Good Job !

:CLAP:

bingleguy
3rd April 2006, 09:46 AM
remakes sometimes get good names for the actors ... n sometimes not !

Raikkonen
3rd April 2006, 09:47 AM
But funny is his dancing movements, i laughed like mad when saw his dance with Kiran, what movie is that?
It was like boxing match..

princeofkerala
3rd April 2006, 09:59 AM
Every Actors have best and worst Films that was thandavam arond 99 to begining of 2000 all lal films are for mass some of them are worst movies but all changed again with balettan & udayananu tharam 8-)
Amithab have some worst movies like Lal Baadshah ,Mrityudaata,Sooryavansham :oops:
Kamal have some worst movies Maharasan ,Vrutham ,Geraftaar ,Nammavar etc

Dont Judge an actor with his Worst films :lol: purinjitha thambi :wink:

Raikkonen
3rd April 2006, 10:05 AM
What
Nammavar is worst??? :banghead:

ANyway..
But Prince Anne, did u see his dance, man it was really hilarious... is he not good at dance?

princeofkerala
3rd April 2006, 10:16 AM
Raikkon Sis/Bro
then delete nammavar enter latest pamal k sambandham :)

//But Prince Anne, did u see his dance, man it was really hilarious... is he not good at dance?//
Yes that was too bad but sometimes he is good .
Watch kamaladalam can any one dance like him ? Lalettan Rulezzzz

Watch thoovanathumbikal on Asianet malayalam channel today DONT MISS (3 april) 1.45 pm noon :clap: but asianet sometimes trim movies to 1 hrs :x better to watch in dvd

Raikkonen
3rd April 2006, 10:18 AM
Im not sure...
I never watched any of his movies, just that day i watched it on Surya Tv, his dance pathetic

Maybe if u watch Tamil Movies you can see Kamal is better dancer than him...

princeofkerala
3rd April 2006, 11:03 AM
I never watched any of his movies, just that day i watched it on Surya Tv, his dance pathetic

IF u judging actors with dancing capabilities then Prabhudeva will be greatest actor :poke: :twisted:

Maybe if u watch Tamil Movies you can see Kamal is better dancer than him...

I have watched almost all kamal films he acted first in black and white malayalam films my favourate kamal films are Maha Nadhi , Nayakan,Aalavandhan & Anbe shivam 8-)

princeofkerala
3rd April 2006, 11:14 AM
If u ask some one who never seen Marlon Brando or Robert DeNiro ,alpacino,james stewart movies
Who is greatest actor ?
He will say Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jackie chan

Raikkonen is like this one :P :mrgreen:

sanju
6th April 2006, 12:00 AM
mohan lal is widely appreciated as the robert deniro of india, as he is one of the greatest actors in india.

sanju
6th April 2006, 12:10 AM
watch kireedom , only kireedom. it was remaked in hindi as 'gardish'. the hero was jackie shroff.it is famous what he said to the director , when he give jackie the cd of kireedom and asked to watch it. 'it is impossible for me to convey the emotions as lal did it in kireedom'.

also the film thalavattam was an adaptation of an english film in which the hero was jack nicholson. when jack saw thalavattam after some time, he agreed that mohan lal gave the better performance.

nilavupriyan
7th April 2006, 11:04 AM
If u ask some one who never seen Marlon Brando or Robert DeNiro ,alpacino,james stewart movies
Who is greatest actor ?

in my opinion mohan lal is comparable to de niro ... but he is not versatile like de niro!....i like mohan lal...but guess he lacks versatility!.

he does the roles which fits his age and language...he dint do more versatile roles like kamal!

but so natural...he acts with his eyes...only eyes

destinys_cousin922
7th April 2006, 11:48 AM
//in my opinion mohan lal is comparable to de niro //

i hv heard this comparison a lot..and to be honest i am experiencing a "withdrawal symptom" of sorts...anybody who has seen both de niro and mohanlal act wont dare to compare the two.. de niro is in a diff league man.. his approach towards acting is more methodical... and tat shows....raging bull, taxi driver, cape fear, goodfellas.. u watch those per4mances.. its not a question of versatality.. the way de niro approaches a role is varyingly diff to mohanlal... lal falls back on the more "action -i am the character" and "cut -i am back to being mohanlal" kinda approach... quite often lal's per4mances require "repeated viewings" to actually grasp the subtle nuances he adds to his characters.. de niro i quote is more "direct".. like say a kamal hassan or a "mammooty"... lal's approach towards acting in my view is closer to a "dustin hoffman" than a de niro...

destinys_cousin922
7th April 2006, 11:55 AM
//he does the roles which fits his age and language//

what bull*shit man.. he did "lalsalaam" when he was just 30..now lalsalaam traversed the entire life span of a communist leader... i believe kamal was 32 when he did "nayagan"... lal did "pavithram" when he was 33.."vaanaprastham" is another glorious example of him playing a charcter that was in exact anti-thesis to his true age.. oh c'mmon.. pls dont bring such amateurish clauses into a general discussion..

destinys_cousin922
7th April 2006, 11:56 AM
//when jack saw thalavattam after some time, he agreed that mohan lal gave the better performance.//

aano??veruthey pulu(annan-mukundetta sumithra vilikkunnu style)..hehhe

destinys_cousin922
7th April 2006, 12:02 PM
//Maybe if u watch Tamil Movies you can see Kamal is better dancer than him...//

yeah maybe.. also maybe chiranjeevi is a better fighter..maybe srk has a better walk.. and maybe aamir has a better wink.. but u dont judge acting based on such peripheral merits..

i believe sethumadhvan of kireedom had all the attributes tat makes a wonderfully rendered classical song... i thought kamal in nayagan was poetic.. "om puri" in "ardh satya" was visceral yet so lyrical.. nasser's per4mance in "mirza ghalib" encapsulated the warmth of a ghazal..that is how u judge a per4mer or a per4mance..he's a better dancer, he has a better walk..wot bullshit man..

kannannn
7th April 2006, 04:39 PM
also the film thalavattam was an adaptation of an english film in which the hero was jack nicholson. when jack saw thalavattam after some time, he agreed that mohan lal gave the better performance.
I assume you mean "One flew over the cuckoo's nest". Having seen both the films (though it's been many years since I saw Thalavattam), I can say the movies are very dissimilar. 'Jack Nicholson' is not a mentally challenged person, but convinces the authorities that he is, to escape doing jail term, while Mohanlal is indeed mentally deranged for most of the movie. Frankly, I can't see any similarities. Can you enlighten me more.

nilavupriyan
7th April 2006, 05:02 PM
//in my opinion mohan lal is comparable to de niro //

i hv heard this comparison a lot..and to be honest i am experiencing a "withdrawal symptom" of sorts...anybody who has seen both de niro and mohanlal act wont dare to compare the two.. de niro is in a diff league man.. his approach towards acting is more methodical... and tat shows....raging bull, taxi driver, cape fear, goodfellas.. u watch those per4mances.. its not a question of versatality.. the way de niro approaches a role is varyingly diff to mohanlal... lal falls back on the more "action -i am the character" and "cut -i am back to being mohanlal" kinda approach... quite often lal's per4mances require "repeated viewings" to actually grasp the subtle nuances he adds to his characters.. de niro i quote is more "direct".. like say a kamal hassan or a "mammooty"... lal's approach towards acting in my view is closer to a "dustin hoffman" than a de niro...

exactly man!

deniro is more methodical... but mohan lal does it in his own way!

u r exactly right!... may be kamal is similar to de niro in his acting...but kamal is more close to al pacino who tend to add some style with their class....not completely methodical like de niro !

nilavupriyan
7th April 2006, 05:04 PM
//Maybe if u watch Tamil Movies you can see Kamal is better dancer than him...//

yeah maybe.. also maybe chiranjeevi is a better fighter..maybe srk has a better walk.. and maybe aamir has a better wink.. but u dont judge acting based on such peripheral merits..

i believe sethumadhvan of kireedom had all the attributes tat makes a wonderfully rendered classical song... i thought kamal in nayagan was poetic.. "om puri" in "ardh satya" was visceral yet so lyrical.. nasser's per4mance in "mirza ghalib" encapsulated the warmth of a ghazal..that is how u judge a per4mer or a per4mance..he's a better dancer, he has a better walk..wot bullshit man..

when sethu madhavan talks to his mom "amme....jeevathathin ......."

to his lover "aa joshum parameshvaranum kaiveesi adicha......"

im not a malayali....so i dont remember the complete dialogue..his dialogue delivery is awesome!

destinys_cousin922
7th April 2006, 05:12 PM
/./when sethu madhavan talks to his mom "amme....jeevathathin ......."

im not a malayali....so i dont remember the complete dialogue..his dialogue delivery is awesome!//

those r moments of absolute brilliance..but there is an extended truth to lal's acting.and thats's wot i meant when i said it takes repeated viewings to understand the various threads wihtin his gr8 per4mances..

during the song "kaneer poovinte kavilil thalodi", there is this brief moment. its this scene when sethu looks at parvathi from behind the tree. his eyes rising and drooping.man that one look encapsulates the helplesness that had beseiged the character at that momewt in time...

nilavupriyan
7th April 2006, 08:37 PM
/./when sethu madhavan talks to his mom "amme....jeevathathin ......."

im not a malayali....so i dont remember the complete dialogue..his dialogue delivery is awesome!//

those r moments of absolute brilliance..but there is an extended truth to lal's acting.and thats's wot i meant when i said it takes repeated viewings to understand the various threads wihtin his gr8 per4mances..

during the song "kaneer poovinte kavilil thalodi", there is this brief moment. its this scene when sethu looks at parvathi from behind the tree. his eyes rising and drooping.man that one look encapsulates the helplesness that had beseiged the character at that momewt in time...

exactly...i forgot to quote it!

great
8th April 2006, 01:24 AM
comparing DeNiro with Lal :x :x

princeofkerala
8th April 2006, 08:03 AM
What is wrong in it Great bhai :? Even better than di niro U seen diniro movies but i dont think u seen lalettans 90's films :D

English movie is much popular than malayalam thats fact but Mohanlal can beat anyone .

i will recommend 5 films watch it and Judge 8-)

Thalavattam (watch thalavattam mohanlal perfomance & then orginal jack niclson movie or salman & tamil prabhu film)

Namukku Parkkan Munthiri Thoppukal

Thoovana Thumbigal

Chithram

Kireedam

Dasharatham

dont get any these CDs then watch new Movies like Thanmathra or udayan anu tharam

Then to kamal fans did any kamal offbeat films runs 100+days ?
but lalettan offbeat films run above 100 days.
latest example is THANMATHRA 125 days still running in main centers will get national award too :P

RASATHANTHRAM RELESED :D yesterday MOVIE IS GONNA HATRIK MEGAHIT FOR MOHANLAL VERDICT IS OUT MOVIE IS VERY GOOD.

princeofkerala
8th April 2006, 08:10 AM
This is for GREAT 8-)

How do you rate Mohanlal as an actor?

He is simply the best actor I have ever worked with. Truly, the Robert De Niro of Indian cinema. He is an actor who transforms himself into the character.

THIS IS SAID BY RAM GOPAL VERMA

Source: http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2002/04/22/stories/2002042201150300.htm

:clap: :clap: Bolo Lalettan ki Jai

great
8th April 2006, 11:28 AM
I agree Mohanlal is a good actor but De Niro is into a different league. I have seen only few movies of Lal that too comercial movies only, but i have seen De Niro which had variety in every other movies to name a few Raging bull, taxi driver, heat , Good fellas , once upon a time in america, casino and cape fear where he proved his versatality...... Comparing indian actor with holly actor is utter crap .The audience is totally different and the kinda movie they make is totally different the same movie cannot be made in indian cinemas .

Thanks for ur list of Lal movie :o

sanju
8th April 2006, 01:19 PM
I agree Mohanlal is a good actor but De Niro is into a different league. I have seen only few movies of Lal that too comercial movies only, but i have seen De Niro which had variety in every other movies to name a few Raging bull, taxi driver, heat , Good fellas , once upon a time in america, casino and cape fear where he proved his versatality...... Comparing indian actor with holly actor is utter crap .The audience is totally different and the kinda movie they make is totally different the same movie cannot be made in indian cinemas .

Thanks for ur list of Lal movie :o

if you had seen only a few movies of lal , how can you assess him? after seeing 'vanaprastham' on can film festival , one famous french critic hugged lal and said to him that 'you are born on the wrong part of the world' . its not a difficult task to compare with him with deniro only due to the fact that deniro was a hollywood actor. i agree the audience is totally different , the kind of movies we are making here can not be made in there also. when their critics can admit his capabilities , i don't know why some people here hesitates to do that.

sanju
8th April 2006, 01:28 PM
Who is greatest actor ?

in my opinion mohan lal is comparable to de niro ... but he is not versatile like de niro!....i like mohan lal...but guess he lacks versatility!.

he does the roles which fits his age and language...he dint do more versatile roles like kamal!

if lal is not versatile, no actor in india can't be called as versatile. what do you mean by versatile roles like kamal? i think you want to mention the roles in 'indian'... so you had seen most of the films of kamal and hadn't seen of mohan lal. go and see 'pavithram' , 'lalsalaam' , 'padamudra'.........

nilavupriyan
8th April 2006, 07:06 PM
Who is greatest actor ?

if lal is not versatile, no actor in india can't be called as versatile. what do you mean by versatile roles like kamal? i think you want to mention the roles in 'indian'... so you had seen most of the films of kamal and hadn't seen of mohan lal. go and see 'pavithram' , 'lalsalaam' , 'padamudra'.........

ohhh..here is the list for his versatility!

1)16 vayadhiniley- a village bumpkin

2)guna-a guy in an imaginary world

3)nayagan (acted as a guy from 20 to 60)

4)salangai oli-dancer

5)aboorva sagodharargal-a dwarf

6)indian-70 year old man

7)mahanadhi-a widower with kids

8)hey raam- a role which thinks in the "godse" point of view and changes its mind frequantly

9)sigappu rojakkal-misogynist

10)anbe sivam-a strong powerful communist is disabled and the course of his life without the same power or strength in past

11)Varumayin Niram Sigappu-an unemployed guy

12)raajapaarvai-blind musician

13)sadma or moondram pirai- a guy who loves a girl who is just 6 year old by her memory

14)pushpak or pesum padam- no dialogue

15)punnagai mannan-chaplin chellappa...a guy who imitates charlie chaplin in stage

16)micheal madhana kama rajan - sheer versatility.four roles with four shades all speaking different language,different body language.great performance

17)avvai shanmugi-a lady

18)kuridhi punal- a dignified police officer!

its kamal who can speak all types of slangs in tamil....chennai,kovai,madurai,thirunelveli,srilan kan,brahmin,malayali palkad tamil etx

his body language is awesome in all roles....

this is versatility!...he does roles which doesnt fit his age or language!

he fits all charecters.... he is the most versatile actor in india

Alien
8th April 2006, 10:24 PM
Then to kamal fans did any kamal offbeat films runs 100+days ?

Huh .... what !!!!
U heard abt Sigappu rojaakkal, Kalyanaraaman, 16 vayathinilE, Salangai Oli, Sippikkul muthu, gunA, ....... ?????

he fits all charecters.... he is the most versatile actor in india
:thumbsup: ..... undisputable ..... 8-)

great
8th April 2006, 11:09 PM
if you had seen only a few movies of lal , how can you assess him?

I am not saying Mohanlal acting is bad or worst.I am against comparing the actors of two different genres.

after seeing 'vanaprastham' on can film festival , one famous french critic hugged lal and said to him that 'you are born on the wrong part of the world' .

this is not new even many people has praised kamal for his sheer talent

when their critics can admit his capabilities , i don't know why some people here hesitates to do that.

would you accept if the same crictic mentioned bad point about the movie........... answer would be straight NO and people here would mention that critic has not seen any movies of Lal blah blah ....

nilavupriyan
8th April 2006, 11:25 PM
i like lal...but sometimes he really looks hilarious!

if u had watched pop corn ...watch a song which he sings on stage initially!

looked hilarious...he is tremendous actor....but sometimes ...

sanju
9th April 2006, 12:02 AM
ohhh..here is the list for his versatility!

1)16 vayadhiniley- a village bumpkin

2)guna-a guy in an imaginary world

3)nayagan (acted as a guy from 20 to 60)

4)salangai oli-dancer

5)aboorva sagodharargal-a dwarf

6)indian-70 year old man

7)mahanadhi-a widower with kids

8)hey raam- a role which thinks in the "godse" point of view and changes its mind frequantly

9)sigappu rojakkal-misogynist

10)anbe sivam-a strong powerful communist is disabled and the course of his life without the same power or strength in past

11)Varumayin Niram Sigappu-an unemployed guy

12)raajapaarvai-blind musician

13)sadma or moondram pirai- a guy who loves a girl who is just 6 year old by her memory

14)pushpak or pesum padam- no dialogue

15)punnagai mannan-chaplin chellappa...a guy who imitates charlie chaplin in stage

16)micheal madhana kama rajan - sheer versatility.four roles with four shades all speaking different language,different body language.great performance

17)avvai shanmugi-a lady

18)kuridhi punal- a dignified police officer!

its kamal who can speak all types of slangs in tamil....chennai,kovai,madurai,thirunelveli,srilan kan,brahmin,malayali palkad tamil etx

his body language is awesome in all roles....

he fits all charecters.... he is the most versatile actor in india[/quote]

here is mohan lal,

1, thalavattom - a mentally retarded patient . lal did it so easily with sweet manarisms.

2, bharatham - a classical singer who has to hide the death of his elder brother from his family , national award winning performance.

3, kireedom - an innocent young man who has to become a criminal due to circumstances.

4, vanaprastham - as a kathakali artist who is an utter failure in his personal life, another award winning performance.

5, sadayam - as a painter who is hanged to death for the murder of 2 little girls , terrific performance from the actor.

6, devasuram - as a feudal landlord with his own manarisms.

7, kalapani- as a freedom fighter who is imprisoned in kalapani.

8, pavithram- another splendid performance as a brother lives for his younger sister. and turns mad when the sister begins to avoid him. plays as a young man and a middle aged man.

9, kilukkam, - as a tourist guide in ooty. excellent comedy.

10, padamudra - in a double role - superb performance.

11, rajavinte magan - as an underworld don , an action classic.

12, thanmatra - as an Alzheimer's patient , great performance.

13, manichitratazhu - as dr. sunny, an eccentric psychatrist.

14, nadodikattu - as a cid , example for the splendid comic timing.

15, mukham - as a police officer with a third eye.

16, kamaladalam - as a dancer who is addicted to alcohol.

17, chenkol - the sequel of kireedom , which shows how the society reacts to the return of sethumadhavan from jail.

18, iruvar - as the great M G R, no need for description.

19, mayamayooram - in a double role, the important thing is that no gimmicks in make up, still he lives as the 2 characters.

20, aryan- an innocent brahmin youth becomes a gangster.

great
9th April 2006, 10:09 AM
he he this looks funny, then we can list all the kamal movie except for few movies :roll:

nilavupriyan
9th April 2006, 11:42 AM
sanju.... :lol:

i can give similar list for rajni....as a don,as an innocent man,etc...

see how i have listed kamal's movies..

a blind man,an old man,a lady,a dwarf,a misogynist....

in all ur films u listed ...mohan lal is a young man with similar kind of family emotions!

he normally moves around the family drama...kireedam,baratham,etc..

i have seen manichithirathazhu...not a great performance... regarding padamuthra and kilukkam....i can list all the kamal movies o this category!

u have given a list with some good performances...not versatility!

imho
kireedam,baratham,vanaprastham,iruvar are great performances....

regarding thalavattam......i have watched it.. i guess its not a splendid performance... he did it in a childish way....prabhu in the tamil version of thalavattam had given a equally nice performance!

sanju
9th April 2006, 12:15 PM
indian was only a gimmick of make up,

avvai shanmukhi, - govinda has done even better in aunty no.1.

michael madana kamarajan - no versatility at all , all the 4 guys have a unique identity.

Varumayin Niram Sigappu,salangai oli, lal has done all these roles 100 times with perfection.

doing some handicapped roles does not signs versatility, if it is so kalabhavan mani is the most versatile.

he has done more versatile roles than anybody

nilavupriyan
9th April 2006, 01:20 PM

michael madana kamarajan - no versatility at all , all the 4 guys have a unique identity.

Varumayin Niram Sigappu,salangai oli, lal has done all these roles 100 times with perfection.

doing some handicapped roles does not signs versatility, if it is so kalabhavan mani is the most versatile.

micheal madhana kama rajan no versatility?

only make -up?... he speaks 4 different kinds of language....done with 4 different kinds of body language,done 4 different kinds of charectirization.......

lal did better than salangai oli?......do u know kamal has got "best asian actor" award for salangai oli?

indian was only gimmick?...why cant lal do that gimmick even...always doing the distressed young man role :lol: .... can only a gimmick get national award?...why dint lal dint produce that magic in udayon??... because he cant do roles which is beyond his real life personality

govinda did better than avvai shanmugi??... that shows ur taste! :rotfl:

great
9th April 2006, 01:23 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: where you take into account of body language and dialogue delivery is it part of make up 8-) , just curious to know :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: so your conclusion is govinda is the finest actor india has produced :clap:

but potrayed by a single person :wink:

cant stop :lol: :lol: :lol: if i think Lal in the role of Salangai oli :x :x :x

Is he more versatle than Lal :wink: :roll:

sanju
9th April 2006, 07:23 PM
i don't think if kamal will ever able to do the roles like lal did in vanaprastham. it will be huge fun if he tries to do like that.

sanju
9th April 2006, 07:38 PM
indian was only gimmick?...why cant lal do that gimmick even...always doing the distressed young man role :lol: .... can only a gimmick get national award?...why dint lal dint produce that magic in udayon??... because he cant do roles which is beyond his real life personality

govinda did better than avvai shanmugi??... that shows ur taste! :rotfl:[/quote]

avvai shanmughi. do you think its a great performance? i don't want to say govinda did better than kamal. but just watch aunty no-1. just tell me except from the make up ,where did kamal gave a great performance.

well i think the difference between kamal and lal is that kamal has the sources and audiences to perform something different. but kerala is a small market when comparing to tamilnadu. even the national award winning roles like vanaprastham were big flops. so lal has the limitations in trying to do the different. that's not the limitation in versatility.

Alien
9th April 2006, 08:08 PM
i don't think if kamal will ever able to do the roles like lal did in vanaprastham. it will be huge fun if he tries to do like that.
It'll be more fun if lal tries to do a Sigappu rojaakkal or Salangai oli or Manmatha leelai or Aboorva sagotharargal, or Aalavandhaan ..... :lol: will b rollicking comedies ..... :lol:

And why r u picking on Avvai shanmugi ? .. V didn't say that was a fine performance , v just used it to show his versatility ..... Even then that was another character needed great skills , adjusting to an old woman's accent , etc... He even sang that rukku rukku song in that old woman's voice 8-) .... I don't think any other actors would b able to do it as convincing as Kamal .....
Govinda :rotfl: - another word was pathetic ....

And about Michael madhana kaama raajan .... All 4 characters were unique, utterly dfferent .... an iyer guy, chennai rowdy, sophistictaed wealthy guy, .... He was at ease in transforming to them :thumbsup: .... Thatz versatility 4 u :thumbsup: ..... Doing a lothario in sigappu rojaakkal , then a guna .... 8-) ..... who else ??

nilavupriyan
9th April 2006, 10:03 PM

whats the role in vanaprashtham....a struggling dancer with some real life struggles ..right?

if kamal had done it it would hed been a treat to watch...have u watched salangai oli?..he is a struggling dancer with real life problems which stop him from growing!

all know how good he is in dance....it would had been a treat really!

great
9th April 2006, 11:01 PM

Joke of the millenium :rotfl: ..... ignorance is a bliss :wink:

Sandeep
10th April 2006, 09:21 AM
i like lal...but sometimes he really looks hilarious!

if u had watched pop corn ...watch a song which he sings on stage initially!

looked hilarious...he is tremendous actor....but sometimes ...

Hammmmo That was a horrible movie. As a Lal fan I felt embarrassed.

As often said Lal is a Directors man. Lal himself has said he never crisscrosses the Director's vision of the movie. For that reason you can find some Lal movies to be below average.

Its very interesting to see Mohanlal fans and Kamal fans fighting it out here. But both groups avoiding a direct insult on the other star. This is evidently different from all Star1 vs Star2 conversations we have seen. Simply shows where Kamal and Lal stands.

sanju
10th April 2006, 12:13 PM

Joke of the millenium :rotfl: ..... ignorance is a bliss :wink:

i don't mind, if you can't argue , you can call the other guy as ignorant , shows your standard.

sanju
10th April 2006, 12:15 PM
Its very interesting to see Mohanlal fans and Kamal fans fighting it out here. But both groups avoiding a direct insult on the other star. This is evidently different from all Star1 vs Star2 conversations we have seen. Simply shows where Kamal and Lal stands.[/quote]

i agree with that.

sanju
10th April 2006, 12:43 PM
i am sorry if i had said something about kamal that hurt somebody here.

great
10th April 2006, 01:05 PM

Chill out dude ....... 8-) there is nothing for apology over here :D
that was ur view point and we have quoted our views thats it :)

sanju
10th April 2006, 01:16 PM

Chill out dude ....... 8-) there is nothing for apology over here :D
that was ur view point and we have quoted our views thats it :)

thanks buddy, :D

alwarpet_andavan
10th April 2006, 03:22 PM
You haven't hurt anybody here buddy. You've just made your ignorance known to the hub. In that sense, the only person you could have possibly hurt is your own self :wink:

alwarpet_andavan
10th April 2006, 03:31 PM
Wonder why we look at Robert De Niro as a benchmark for acting. How many films has he done?
What about his versatility? In many of his films, you see Jamie Comway [Goodfellas] through the character he is playing, which talks more about his repititiveness and (limitations of) versatility.
I dont know if anyone would agree here but i guess we have a tendency of taking it for granted that "they" are always better than "us".

sanju
10th April 2006, 07:09 PM
You haven't hurt anybody here buddy. You've just made your ignorance known to the hub. In that sense, the only person you could have possibly hurt is your own self :wink:

no problem, if you think you guys have knowledge about everything . :)

Sandeep
11th April 2006, 06:36 AM
I dont know if anyone would agree here but i guess we have a tendency of taking it for granted that "they" are always better than "us".

Nobody is saying they are ALLWAYS better that us. But on a whole Hollywood is miles ahead of various Indian woods.

Alien
11th April 2006, 09:17 AM
Its very interesting to see Mohanlal fans and Kamal fans fighting it out here. But both groups avoiding a direct insult on the other star. This is evidently different from all Star1 vs Star2 conversations we have seen. Simply shows where Kamal and Lal stands.
:D 8-) .... may I say sorry too , if i had gone overboard ... :P

Raikkonen
11th April 2006, 10:14 AM

Poornima
11th April 2006, 10:18 AM
about the "they" vs "us" thing, i think it's a no-contest.... in all terms of film-making, including acting, hollywood is miles ahead... indian films are unique in their own way but we are far from a stature which warrants comparison with hollywood... they could be making films which are different in nature from the fare dished out here... and that's precisely the point... every other technically superior indian film is touted as having "hollywood standards" when the truth is that we are lagging light years... forget technique, the content? we are not even there in the picture.

imho, robert de niro is one of the finest actors at work in world cinema... yes, like all great actors, he has also repeated himself... i think more than jimmy comway in Goodfellas, travis bickle in Taxi Driver is more prominent in his performances... but versatality is just one hallmark of great actors... for instance, imho, jack nicholson is the greatest of them all, but there's a bit of jack nicholson in all his performances, can't really escape that... and anyway, versatality doesn't come with different get-ups... de niro's performances in films like Raging Bull are benchmarks indeed... there's The King of Comedy, there's The Deerhunter, there's Once Upon A Time In America, there's Cape Fear... he has been amazingly consistent... maybe he's falling in recent years, but that also traces into the dip in the overall standards of films in hollywood... so there.

now, the lal-de niro comparison... their approaches to acting are vastly different, with de niro being more of a methodical performer... but the results are quite similar, imho... they are both intense actors who rarely get carried away by the intensity... almost always under check... they are not "gotcha" actors, who make conscious efforts to rise above the film... they gel into the picture nice and smooth... and more importantly, they don't have the "look-at-me-how-do-you-rate-my-performance?" attitude... an attitude which has eaten into performances of even great performers like marlon brando and al pacino.

alwarpet_andavan
11th April 2006, 02:15 PM
Poornima,
Maybe i should have included the clause ALWAYS better than us :)
I still stand by my point that you don't see Travis Bickle in most of his roles [Taxi Driver is my fav De Niro film], but rather an Italian/American/Irish Don personified by say, a Comway - even his accent remains the same! "You mess with me, i mess with you!".
There are different parameters by which we judge an actor and versatility is one of them and not the only thing, as you have rightly mentioned.
A friend of mine, who has seen very little of De Niro [meaning he is not biased for or against anybody], watched Goodfellas, Casino and Meet the parents [that Gay Focker film] virtually back to back. He commented that he saw little differences in De Niro's style or delivery. Not to say that en friend sonnadhu vedha vaakku or something but that for me, is a fair enough observation.

IMO Al Pacino is a better actor that De Niro....

P.S: Spielberg in an interview said he was not impressed by The Shining after his first viewing of the movie [that he loved it on later viewings is a different matter]. He mentioned to Kubrick that he found Jack Nicholson's acting to be too much of a 'kabuki' performance. Kubrick asked Spielberg who his favorite actors were and he told Spielberg who HIS fav actors were. Dont remember the actors both mentioned but Kubrick's point was that both of them had basically different definitions and yard sticks for what they believed to be good actors. Speilberg said he acknowledged and realized what Kubrick meant. So there.....

alwarpet_andavan
11th April 2006, 02:19 PM

Nobody is saying they are ALLWAYS better that us. But on a whole Hollywood is miles ahead of various Indian woods.
Totally agree. Hadn't phrased it well enough, as i've mentioned in my reply to Poornima

Raghu
11th April 2006, 02:50 PM
1) Dr.Shivaji Ganeshan
2) Dr.Kamalhasan
3) Mithun Chakaraborti
4) Rajnikanth
5) Mohan Lal
6) Sharuk Khan
7) Mamooty
8) ????????
9) Amir Khan
10) ????????

njv
13th April 2006, 08:48 AM
Vatched Varavelppu just now. Class movie. More than Mohanlal acting, the movie itself is great. I honestly didnt know that malayalam movie have so much advanced. I mean the story line and story telling is just like an english movie. They could take a simple story (a person returning to india after making money in gulf and trying to buy a bus and run a business - thats it nothing else) very passionately with out any unnecessary extra fittings. The end is also beautiful.

May be I liked the movie so much because I share some similar ideology (w.r.t unions, strike etc in India). Man, now I am hooked on to malayalam movie. Will check out more Malayalam movies.

BTW I also saw Aaram Thamburan and didnt like it at all (both movie and acting). They build up the character so much and at the end the main character fails. May be I am used to the tamil movies (where they build up and eventually the hero raises against the injustice!).

romio
13th April 2006, 12:01 PM
Njv macha :)

Our Ex-prime minister Vajpayee mentioned the movie Varavelppu 8-)

Taking a cue from Malayalam cinema, Vajpayee mentioned the movie called Varavelppu in which famous actor Mohanlal acts as a Gulf-returned Keralite.

"He invest his savings in a small business venture with high hopes. But in the end, he is forced to close it down after going through many unpleasant experiences," Vajpayee said, adding that the GIM should serve as an occasion for introspection.

http://www.rediff.com/money/2003/jan/18gim.htm

8-)

Kartikeya
15th April 2006, 01:02 AM
This is the FINAL list of 10 greatest actors (not heroes) of Indian cinema:
(Not in order of merit)

1. Uttam Kumar
2. Soumitra Chatterjee
3. Shivaji Ganeshan
4. Kamal hassan
5. Mohan Lal
6. Sanjeev Kumar
7. Nana Patekar
8. Pran
9. Dr Sriram Lagoo
10. Nagesh

MADDY
15th April 2006, 07:31 PM
This is the FINAL list of 10 greatest actors (not heroes) of Indian cinema:
(Not in order of merit)

they are not heroes, they are not in order of merit but still u call it final list of 10 greatest actors??? :lol:

btw who is uttam kumar??

Poornima
16th April 2006, 12:37 PM
http://deccanherald.com/deccanherald/apr162006/enter149402006413.asp

njv
17th April 2006, 01:35 AM
Njv macha :)

Our Ex-prime minister Vajpayee mentioned the movie Varavelppu 8-)

Taking a cue from Malayalam cinema, Vajpayee mentioned the movie called Varavelppu in which famous actor Mohanlal acts as a Gulf-returned Keralite.

"He invest his savings in a small business venture with high hopes. But in the end, he is forced to close it down after going through many unpleasant experiences," Vajpayee said, adding that the GIM should serve as an occasion for introspection.

http://www.rediff.com/money/2003/jan/18gim.htm

8-)

Very interesting. I think its applicable to all states (except Gujarat and little Maharastra) and a common "Indian" problem. This will never change. No matter what.

Sandeep
17th April 2006, 07:51 AM
njv,

Try to catch 'Unaru (Wake up)' an 80's malayalam movie by Manirathnam with Lal as hero.

joe
24th April 2006, 03:12 PM
I happened to watch VCD of a function tribute to Nadigar Thilagam sivaji after his death ..Mohanlal came to the stage and said "There are seven wonders in this world .Let us add one more to it and make it eight .Nadigar Thilagam sivaji is the celluloid wonder"

RATHEESHAJITH
1st May 2006, 07:58 PM
1. ULTIMATE STAR --- AJITH

2. SUPER STAR --- MOHANLAL

3. SUPER STAR --- RAJINI

4. ULAGA NAYAGAN --- KAMAL

5. SUPER STAR --- AMITAB BACHAN

6. SUPER STAR --- SIRANJEEVI

7. PURATCHI KALAIGNAR --- VIJAYAKANDH

8. MEGA STAR --- MAMMOTTY

9. CHIYAAN --- VIKRAM

10. JANA PRIYA NAYAGAN --- DILEEP

Ghlli
2nd May 2006, 01:12 AM
SUPER LIST ANNA!

2. Rajnikanth - Tamil
4. Amir Khan - Hindi
5. Kamalhassan - Tamil
6. Chiranjeevi - Telugu
7. Saif Ali Khan - Hindi
8. Vijay - Tamil
9. Mammotty - Malayalam
10. Mohanlal - Malayalam

Ghlli
2nd May 2006, 01:14 AM
I CANT BELIEVE THIS :shock:

[size=24][b]1. ULTIMATE STAR --- AJITH

Raikkonen
2nd May 2006, 10:14 AM
SUPER LIST ANNA!

2. Rajnikanth - Tamil
4. Amir Khan - Hindi
5. Kamalhassan - Tamil
6. Chiranjeevi - Telugu
7. Saif Ali Khan - Hindi
8. Vijay - Tamil
9. Mammotty - Malayalam
10. Mohanlal - Malayalam

Dhanksu

girishk14
16th May 2006, 05:40 PM
NTR and Raikonnen are the same people?

Unicorn
16th May 2006, 06:04 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

1. ULTIMATE STAR --- AJITH

2. SUPER STAR --- MOHANLAL

3. SUPER STAR --- RAJINI

4. ULAGA NAYAGAN --- KAMAL

5. SUPER STAR --- AMITAB BACHAN

6. SUPER STAR --- SIRANJEEVI

8. MEGA STAR --- MAMMOTTY

9. CHIYAAN --- VIKRAM

10. JANA PRIYA NAYAGAN --- DILEEP

Raghu
17th May 2006, 04:36 PM
I happened to watch VCD of a function tribute to Nadigar Thilagam sivaji after his death ..Mohanlal came to the stage and said "There are seven wonders in this world .Let us add one more to it and make it eight .Nadigar Thilagam sivaji is the celluloid wonder"

joe anNe,

Thee is NO point in posting this, this will NEVER sink into many heads.

RATHEESHAJITH
18th May 2006, 10:12 AM
UNICORN MACHI YENNATHU CHINNA PULLA
THANAMA SIRIPPU :x

Unicorn
18th May 2006, 10:16 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

UNICORN MACHI YENNATHU CHINNA PULLA
THANAMA SIRIPPU :x

RATHEESHAJITH
18th May 2006, 10:18 AM
UNICORN MACHI UNAKKU :poke: :poke: :poke:

Unicorn
18th May 2006, 10:20 AM
Ratheesh this wudve been better

1 Ajith
2 Vijay Kanth
3 Balakrishna
4 Junior NTR
5 Prabhu
6 sathyaRaj
etc
:thumbsup:

RATHEESHAJITH
18th May 2006, 10:22 AM
SARI UN LIST KUDU PAAPPOM :roll:

selvakumar
18th May 2006, 11:13 AM
SARI UN LIST KUDU PAAPPOM :roll:

:rotfl: :rotfl: I know his list

1. Vivek
2. Vadivelu
3. KaruNas
4.KoundaMani
5.SEnthil
6. Vijay
7. Vaiyapuri
8. Thaamu
9. Kanja Karuppu
10. Satyan

Justice
18th May 2006, 11:34 AM
1. Vivek
2. Vadivelu
3. KaruNas
4.KoundaMani
5.SEnthil
6. Vijay
:rotfl: :rotfl:

isn't it a comedians list? :roll:

Unicorn
18th May 2006, 11:44 AM
Ya VIjay can do comedy better than comedians :thumbsup:
But Ajith can do comedy better than VijayKanth :rotfl:

selvakumar
18th May 2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks for accepting the fact ...! Avenger..

Agreed.. Ajith is a hero and is a kaadhal Mannan. he is here to act. unlike doing the role of comedian in all the movies :rotfl:

Ya VIjay can do comedy better than comedians

:rotfl: :rotfl: OSCAR Award from u for Vijay :clap: :tongueout:

Unicorn
18th May 2006, 11:57 AM
Ajith began reforming terrorists in Paramasivan :rotfl:
Ajith began reforming doctors in Tirpathi :rotfl: :rotfl:
(sadly it was his poor fans who were .... :oops: )
all set to replace VijayKanth who has shifted to politics :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup:

selvakumar
18th May 2006, 12:02 PM
Ya.. Atleast he is going it like that..

EVEN VADIVELU ACTS IN A MOVIE AS A HERO.. Tough competition for Vijay who hadn't started a movie at all

Definitly VADIVELU WILL HAVE BIG OPENING THAN VIJAY :cry:

:rotfl:

Vijay aduthu KARUNAS AH REPLACE PANNUVAAR :cry:

:rotfl:

Unicorn
18th May 2006, 12:04 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: comedy is better than murdering anyway

ajithfederer
19th May 2006, 01:54 AM
Vijay begging for movies intelugu :rotfl:

nilavupriyan
19th May 2006, 09:47 AM
Ratheesh this wudve been better

1 Ajith
2 Vijay Kanth
3 Balakrishna
4 Junior NTR
5 Prabhu
6 sathyaRaj
etc
:thumbsup:

vijayakanth has turned round the political field of tamilnad!

he is a real life hero man!

prabhu and sathya raja are talented than most of the young artists at present!

bala krishna and junior ntr ..telugu artists..so rejected!..

Raikkonen
19th May 2006, 10:38 AM
Junior NTR's Simhadri records are still there to be broken...

romio
19th May 2006, 09:22 PM
Krishna guruvayoorapaaaaaaa ivineyoke thalikolan alilede ivide :lol2:

:x :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: vijaykanth,prabhu,satyaraj in top 10 :shock: :shock:

Moderators do one favour Please lock this thread on behalf of Mohanlal/Kamalhassan/ajith fans :P :notworthy:

romio
19th May 2006, 09:25 PM
Vijay begging for movies intelugu

:rotfl: :rotfl: What happen to Puli :lol: vijay = next prabhudeva,
ajith = next superstar :thumbsup:

VENKIRAJA
1st July 2006, 04:46 PM
0:vijay
1:ajith
2:kamalhasan
3:amitabh
4:mohanlal
5:srk/mamooty
6:nagesh
7:sivaji(as he's late)
8:chiru
9:rajni
10:vikram

VENKIRAJA
1st July 2006, 04:47 PM
0:vijay
1:ajith
2:kamalhasan
3:amitabh
4:mohanlal
5:srk/mamooty
6:nagesh
7:sivaji(as he's late)
8:chiru
9:rajni
10:vikram

Hulkster
2nd July 2006, 11:41 AM
1.Kamalhassan
2.Mohanlal
3.Prakash Raj
4.Amitabh Bachan
5.Rajinikanth
6.Mamooty
7.Dileep(Malayalam)
8.Vikram
9.Surya
10.Shyaji Shinde

Alien
3rd July 2006, 09:34 AM
Mamooty below prakash raj, amitab & rajni ..... 3 times national award winner pitted against ordinary actors ..... kashtam thaan ...
KadavulE kaapaathu .... :twisted:

selvakumar
3rd July 2006, 09:51 AM
Mamooty below prakash raj, amitab & rajni ..... 3 times national award winner pitted against ordinary actors ..... kashtam thaan ...

Actually I read the last but one entry "surya" as "Shreya" after reading the tenth entry "Shivaji" :lol:

Hulkster
3rd July 2006, 08:31 PM
Whats wrong with Prakash Raj and Amitabh?.:huh:...i feel Prakash Raj is better as he is more versatile and Amitabh has proven himself that he can do both mass, hero and villain double, sentimental and comedy roles as well. Mamooty is a three times national award winner but that does not make him the best. Remember that sivaji did not even win a national award...:)..Rajini is my own preference..:P

Hulkster
3rd July 2006, 08:33 PM

Actually I read the last but one entry "surya" as "Shreya" after reading the tenth entry "Shivaji" :lol:

Athu shivaji ellei pa...shyaji shinde...he is the one who acted in bharathi and poovellam un vaasam and dhool.

manuel
14th July 2006, 05:28 PM
If we look at current actors then
1.Kamal Hasan
2.Naseeruddin shah
3.Mamooty
4.Vikram
5.Paresh Rawal
6.Boman Irani
7.Surya
8.Amir Khan
9.Chiranjeevi