PDA

View Full Version : Vegetarian V/S nonvegetarian diets

VK Narayanan
13th January 2006, 04:25 PM
Is the number of vegetarian food lovers overtaking the huge number of nonvegetarians? Have you seen anyone getting influenced and converted to any new food preference recently?

I am trying to build few interesting Indian meal combinations with the help of your opinions. What exactly would be a balanced diet? What is your favorite food choice? Why do you like it? All your participation and valuable inputs are highly appreciated.

Please spare a moment to answer the poll question. Let us discuss.

Edited - I want to add seafoods as one more choice there. Huh! currently unable to do it. I am trying to add that too.

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 04:28 PM
Yes in today's generation people opt for veg as they go for healthier life.

dev
13th January 2006, 04:40 PM
I prefer my meals to have lots of vegs(prefer watery vegs & greens to root vegs), moderate qty of dhals preperations with whole wheat roti or rice or dosas... & some curds & a fruit too... I take non-veg(chicken & fish) once in a while but prefer veg food stuff... Almost all my lunch & dinner consists of the above combi(sometime the fruits goes missing) but my breakfast is whole wheat bread with some veggies/dhals & a hot cup of tea... Used to take sweets with almost every meal but have put a compulsory stop to it... Honey & dates helped me in the initial days to control the urge to eat sweets... & a big NO NO to deep fried/oily stuffs...

NOV
13th January 2006, 07:00 PM
Edited - I want to add seafoods as one more choice there. Huh! currently unable to do it. I am trying to add that too.Done.

VK Narayanan
13th January 2006, 07:32 PM
Yes in today's generation people opt for veg as they go for healthier life.Sundar - do you think that eating nonveg food is living unhealthy life. What is your point?

Thank you very much Nov for adding seafood to the choices; I myself is an ardent lover of seafoods.

Dev - does that mean that you are an omnivorous like me. Cheers!

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 07:53 PM
eating VEG food is healthier than non veg .
That's all I am a NOn vegetarian but eat less of it.

Green food are healthier is all what I wanted to say.

RedPepper
13th January 2006, 09:13 PM
I am having a hard time voting here since I have more than one favorites and cannot make up my mind. Maybe I will come back later with a strong decision. :D

shreya23
14th January 2006, 04:00 PM
hi
i prefer to include more veggies & greens in my diet but most of the time i end up cooking more of non veg, especially seafood!
btw vk narayanan your chicken kurma recipe on your blog looks yummy.i have copied it down in my cookbook & iam planning to try it out today. we are going to have it with aappam! my pongal wishes to you all :wave:
shreya

dev
14th January 2006, 07:09 PM
VKN, surprised to see U using patta,lavang, onions & garlic in pongal!!!... we generally use only jeera, g.chillies & ginger... will give ur variation a try soon...:)

VK Narayanan
15th January 2006, 12:28 AM
VKN, surprised to see U using patta,lavang, onions & garlic in pongal!!!... we generally use only jeera, g.chillies & ginger... will give ur variation a try soon...:)Dev - Thank for your interest. Ven pongal is really a vegan's delight. There are many alternative variations prevalent in the households. As a separate method, we add black pepper, asafoetida, and cashew nuts along with the mentioned jeera, green chillies, and ginger. Can't wait to see your feedbacks on how the first method fared at your home. Happy pongal!

dev
15th January 2006, 12:44 AM
Oh yes, we do add crushed black pepper & cashews...