PDA

View Full Version : propose

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 05:45 PM
how many of you have proposed to a girl/boy at school or college?

tell urs experience!...

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 05:47 PM
None .... Attemped but failed...

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 05:49 PM
said to her or not?

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 05:51 PM
I did but she was not interested
She was good looking and nice in character

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 05:53 PM
Hmm....I thot such a topic cud come under the "first crush" thread....?
Neways, is this only abt U proposing to sumone or cud we talk abt incidents tat were the other way round too? :D

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 05:56 PM
SURE LAMBRETTA

Sundar12345
13th January 2006, 05:56 PM
Which way round..

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 06:30 PM
SURE LAMBRETTA
Ok! :D
Well, it so hap'd tat recently a girl who happened to be one of my students (I teach spoken english part-time) fell for me & wrote a love-letter to me first, then after her batch was over a week ago, she got to know my ph.no. & began calling me, hinting a proposal once on phone as well.....but the thing is I'm NOT interested in falling into a love affair w/ ANYONE at this time (yea I know this'll raise ur eyebrows!)........bcos I've far too many of my own problems to deal w/, (still struggling to complete my degree!) so playing Romeo isn't my priority in life as of now! Yet she began hinting abt far-fetched ideas once on the phone, tat she prob. isn't going to live too long/going to end her life & things like tat......... :roll:
She insisted tat I meet her once & talk to her........problem is how do I convince her abt my views??!
DON'T tell me I've got to agree to her proposal! She hasn't even known me well enuff to seriously fall in love w/ me!
I wudn't want to sound like I'm being too harsh/cutting her off, altho I've known her as a sensible girl & wudn't seriously imagine tat she'd go to an extent of taking extreme steps! :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2006, 06:36 PM
How many threads with similar topics?!!

I think we did have first crush/love threawd aint not?

lambretta,

Its better to meet and TALK ur situation out. She would def understand.

Else, u are creating indelible EGO-HURT in her.

U need not AGREE TO HER proposal. I would still suggest TELL UR SITUATION AND negate it, BUT, meet her in person and talk it out in a friendly way.

(Sorry to poke my nose when its unwarranted :sad: )

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 06:49 PM
Prabha,
Tks for ur reply....no, I def. don't think ur poking ur nose in here! Or else 'wudn't hav posted my problem here wud I? :D
Now tat I think of it convincing her doesn't sound like a big problem but reg. meeting her.....hmm........thing is I'm rather shy/nervous to do tat! :? :( I've never done nething like this b4.......sounds risky to me.....where cud I think of meeting her?......most possible place cud be the beach here but then ppl. may recognise me as I live at the Beach Road! 'can't think of a restaurant as ppl. cud hear our conversation!
Neways, will think of sum place........
Endha mathiri prachne le poyi matinde-no samiyo.................! :( :banghead:

Sanguine Sridhar
13th January 2006, 06:52 PM
:roll: Perusa Onnum Illa-nu sonna konja peru nambava poranga! KM ;)

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2006, 07:57 PM
Beckham,

:P

Lambretta,

Endha mathiri prachne le poyi matinde-no samiyo.................!

Haiyo, ethukkum naan karanam illai.......naan summa suggest thaan panninen oh godddd ........ :shock: :grin:

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 08:00 PM
Haiyo, ethukkum naan karanam illai.......naan summa suggest thaan panninen oh godddd ........ :shock: :grin:
No, not referring to u/ur reply, tats NOT wat I meant! :shock: :oops:
Just cursing my luck for getting caught unawares in a problem like this......! :roll: :(

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 08:06 PM
lambretta..u meet in ur home where u held ur tuition!

thats it!..ask her to wait for 2 minutes or come early and explain ur situation...

or tell her that in chennai there is a guy studying in anna university who is ready for this :huh:

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2006, 08:07 PM
Good luck lambretta.
Things would happen as u wish. :smile:
Just ensure NOBODY GETS HURT :smile:

malsi
13th January 2006, 08:09 PM
yes lambretta..you have two options..one is to talk to her..if you feel you would be able to convince here...otherwise ..i think you should just ignore her...
but again...by meeting her..and getting to know her..something might work :)..you never know..

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 08:10 PM
lambretta..u meet in ur home where u held ur tuition!
Actually I don't conduct tuitions at home.....I teach at a school tat is conducting these courses......she was in one of the batches.....

or tell her that in chennai there is a guy studying in anna university who is ready for this :huh:
:lol: Ok.....:huh:
Tks neways! :)

malsi
13th January 2006, 08:13 PM
dont worry too much lambretta..these are all part and parcel of life..today's problems are tommorrow's memories..

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 08:15 PM
lambretta...do u like her ?..thats the main thing..though u dont want to love at this point of time..do u like her?

whats ur age?

whats her age?

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 08:16 PM
yes lambretta..you have two options..one is to talk to her..if you feel you would be able to convince here...otherwise ..i think you should just ignore her...
Wow! I'm astonished by the replies I cud get on this kind of topic! :shock: Ignoring of course has been my 1st option......but I guess therez no harm in taking Prabha's suggestion of meeting her.......or as a LAST RESORT,if I can't get myself to do tat, will hav a talk w/ her on phone itself!

but again...by meeting her..and getting to know her..something might work :)..you never know..
:roll: :P

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2006, 08:17 PM
Lambretta,

I AGAIN STRESS unlike what malsi said, IGNORING can cause tremendous HURT in her and CAN BRUISE HER EGO badly.

:smile:

So ... its better to talk out. Be sure, U BE STERN in expressing, YET DONT HURT HER :roll:

sheeeesh tough :P

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 08:22 PM
lambretta...do u like her ?..thats the main thing..though u dont want to love at this point of time..do u like her?
Like as in?? :?

whats ur age?

whats her age?
No idea exactly........but must be around the same age group!

ssanjinika
13th January 2006, 08:23 PM
Lamby..meeting the said girl in person and talking to her might seem like a daunting task but believe me its better for all involved.That way you can convince her that shes not the person for you.Its would be prudent to also let her know that the fact you dont like her is not her fault(some stupid girls to end up thinking that way :roll: )its just that you get a different picture in mind when you think of the girl you would fall in love with :).
Good Luck!

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 08:24 PM
lambertta...there is a problem.

if u like that girl and meet her u may change ur idea

nilavupriyan
13th January 2006, 08:25 PM
anyway.....good luck to ignore her! :D

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 08:31 PM
SP, SS & Nilavu.......tks for all ur responses/advice!
Ok the MAJORITY WINS! I guess I'll hav to take the suggestion of meeting her afterall! :) :oops:
Ok......hope this turns out allright!

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2006, 08:37 PM
would be prudent to also let her know that the fact you dont like her is not her fault(some stupid girls to end up thinking that way :roll: )

Leaving lambretta alone to deal with his problem himself,

I just thought an inteesting analysis here.
Its sad that, whenever a PROPOSAL or OFFER gets rejected FOR ANY VALID OR INVALID reason, the said person (may it be a girl or guy) gets tremendously hurt.

1. A guy thinks, he is incapable of attracting opposite sex

2. Even worse is a girl, who feels, SHE BEING A WOMAN (esp in indian scenario) HAS come up openly and confessed
her interest. That interest getting rejected is taken as a severe
blow for her feminity.

Why? Why dont ppl deal it as just a normal 'OFFER AND ACCEPTANCE' theory which did not work out?

Its very queer. As ssanjinika rightly pointed out, EACH ONE HAS different vision or LIKING towards....

HOUSE,
LIFE
GOAL
AIM,
DREAM
BEAUTY
CAREER
AND
wife/lover/love/husband

All others are easily accepted and we argue, 'PPL ARE DIFFERENT' 'TASTE IS DIFFERENT'. One need to accept them as they are... etc

What makes it difficult to accept rejection? We do accept ppl with different views, someone commenting on our talent, career incapability (at times)...... all that is erased easily.

LOVE rejection is taken as severe blow. Mind is funny. Inspite of knowing logic, right and wrong, inspite of being wise, IT GETS HURT.

QUEER aint not? :smile:

Lambretta
13th January 2006, 10:39 PM
Mind is funny. Inspite of knowing logic, right and wrong, inspite of being wise, IT GETS HURT.
Sure is! Looks like the saying "Love is blind" proves itself hands down.....!

ssanjinika
13th January 2006, 11:26 PM
Mind is funny. Inspite of knowing logic, right and wrong, inspite of being wise, IT GETS HURT.

Thats true :).But I guess its difficult to accept rejection because emotions are involved.I was watching some dumb movie yesterday where the heroine consumes poison coz the hero rejects her.( :roll: )Dumb wasnt it??!!!You proposed and the guy rejected.. so whats wrong with that?Dosent he have the right to decide whats right for him?Why make something as small as as this into a life or death situation?What boggles my mind (in this scenario atleast) is that the heroine never even knows the hero much..shes just attracted to him and likes him.How can this be taken as true love and she has no reason to live if he dosent "accept" her?
Defies logic :roll: .

Lambretta
14th January 2006, 08:50 AM
Thats true :).But I guess its difficult to accept rejection because emotions are involved.I was watching some dumb movie yesterday where the heroine consumes poison coz the hero rejects her.( :roll: )
Wow, wat a coincidence! My situation's become so popular there r ppl. already making movies based on it??!!! :shock: (kidding! :wink: :P :lol: )

What boggles my mind (in this scenario atleast) is that the heroine never even knows the hero much..shes just attracted to him and likes him.How can this be taken as true love and she has no reason to live if he dosent "accept" her?
Exactly SS! :D
And I can say from current personal experience tat even this 'liking' for him is based mainly on his physical appearance!
*sigh* if only this girl whoz fallen for me had as sensible a head on her shoulders as u do.......! :(

Sandeep
14th January 2006, 01:47 PM
Lambertta,

Dont listen to these ladies advice. They just want another guy to fall in the pit. :x

Since u said u dont want to get involved its better not to encourage her desires. Dont meet her (which would be happily mistaken as an initiation from your side). If she calls silently listen to her (so that she is not insulted) but dont answer her (no initiation from ur side) except a hmm, oh.

Then always remember its always easier to disappoint somebody over the phone than in person. Also never ever give reasons for you decision for you can never win in a conversion with a woman.

nilavupriyan
14th January 2006, 02:26 PM
Lambertta,

Dont listen to these ladies advice. They just want another guy to fall in the pit. :x

Since u said u dont want to get involved its better not to encourage her desires. Dont meet her (which would be happily mistaken as an initiation from your side). If she calls silently listen to her (so that she is not insulted) but dont answer her (no initiation from ur side) except a hmm, oh.

Then always remember its always easier to disappoint somebody over the phone than in person. Also never ever give reasons for you decision for you can never win in a conversion with a woman.

:lol: :lol: ...

Lambretta
14th January 2006, 06:22 PM
Lambertta,
Also never ever give reasons for you decision for you can never win in a conversion with a woman.
:shock: :lol: Pochu da! Ivar thalle ippo ladies ellarum annihul adika poraanga! Oddane safety helmet aathu potunda nallathu! :wink: :P :lol:
Neways tks for ur advice too Sandeep......well, as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss....! :)
But I've decided tat the next time she calls (I havn't called her so far nor do I want to do so as I'm afraid tat'll make her misinterpret my intention as initiation, as u said!) I'll talk it over on the phone itself.......if (I repeat IF & I hope tat won't happen!) she remains too stubborn to UNDERSTAND me still, I guess I wud take it as a last resort to meet her & hav her get it straight! Brr.....the thot still makes me nervous! :?

Anoushka
20th January 2006, 07:06 PM
What have you got into lamby :lol: 17 or 18 years ago a guy proposed to me after following me for three full years.... I hadn't spoken a single word to him in those three years and I am sure he knew nothing about me other than my name, address, my family details (my parents and brother) and what school I studied.... and I was still in school then!

I wrote a looooooong 10 page letter to him on why I was not interested in him.... :) This was just before I went on Xmas holidays, when I came back he had vanished from the scene... :lol:

I guess explaining to her the right way would help, you can talk to her over phone or meet her in person, that is your choice but explain things to her the right way! :)

ssanjinika
20th January 2006, 07:10 PM
I wrote a looooooong 10 page letter to him on why I was not interested in him.... :) This was just before I went on Xmas holidays, when I came back he had vanished from the scene... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:clap: :clap:
Very innovative.

Lambretta
20th January 2006, 07:15 PM
What have you got into lamby :lol:
Tats wat even I keep asking myself now! Y me?!! :( :banghead:

I hadn't spoken a single word to him in those three years and I am sure he knew nothing about me other than my name, address, my family details (my parents and brother) and what school I studied.... and I was still in school then!
*DIGR* Ohh.....so did ur folks still hav the herald & Lambretta then?? Did tat guy know abt these as well, apart from ur other 'personal' details?? :D
No offence but if I'd been in his place, the only reason for me to follow u wud've only been jus to come upto ur place to hav jus 1 look at ur Herald & Lamby everyday! Boy, I guess I'm one insuffrable weirdo!! :wink: :lol:

I wrote a looooooong 10 page letter to him on why I was not interested in him.... :)
:lol:

I guess explaining to her the right way would help, you can talk to her over phone or meet her in person, that is your choice but explain things to her the right way! :)
Incidentally, she did call up the other day, twas her B'day.....but I was too tired then & having a headache (during which times I feel highly irritable & don't talk to neone), so didn't want to bring up this topic lest I vent out my irritation on her! Jus thot I'll talk to her abt it when she calls next time (I know she will!)......:)
Btw, I'm frankly surprised none of u ladies hav blazed Sandeep for his advice to me on ladies' advice! :P :lol:

Anoushka
20th January 2006, 07:24 PM
*DIGR* Ohh.....so did ur folks still hav the herald & Lambretta then?? Did tat guy know abt these as well, apart from ur other 'personal' details?? :D
No offence but if I'd been in his place, the only reason for me to follow u wud've only been jus to come upto ur place to hav jus 1 look at ur Herald & Lamby everyday! Boy, I guess I'm one insuffrable weirdo!! :wink: :lol:

:rotfl: Lamby... oh lamby! :lol: actually we had upgraded to an ambassador and Bajaj Chetak by then... and his friends lived opposite to us and he used to spend all his time in his friend's house (and that is how he got to know those details about me)!

Incidentally, she did call up the other day, twas her B'day.....but I was too tired then & having a headache (during which times I feel highly irritable & don't talk to neone), so didn't want to bring up this topic lest I vent out my irritation on her! Jus thot I'll talk to her abt it when she calls next time (I know she will!)......:)
Btw, I'm frankly surprised none of u ladies hav blazed Sandeep for his advice to me on ladies' advice! :P :lol:

Good luck :)

And as for Sandeep, he has just said his opinion and I, mine... so no need to fight with him :)

Lambretta
20th January 2006, 07:34 PM
*DIGR*
actually we had upgraded to an ambassador and Bajaj Chetak by then...
Huh?! AMBASSADOR in place of Herald??!! :shock: :roll:
Now TATS all the more weird......! I mean, no offence but its like selling a delivery van & buying a truck/lorry instead!:lol: I hope it was only ur dad who had to drive the Amby tho! Even I cud never think of successfully maneuvering those! :D
Btw, I rem. u saying in the '70s thread tat u also had an "old" fiat (w/ front doors opening the other way)......?
Incidentally, am trying to buy a nice 1-owner Herald from Pune'......if I get it at the right price! :D

Good luck :)
And as for Sandeep, he has just said his opinion and I, mine... so no need to fight with him :)
Tks! :)
Hmm.....nalla velai Sandeep pozhachutaar (atleast for the time being!) :)

ssanjinika
20th January 2006, 07:37 PM
Lamby O Lamby :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

We can trust you to give us a bit of laugh with your herald and lamby fixation to be sure. :lol:
Shucks!! Good thing that you were not the one "putting line" for Anou.Had you been the guy,then at that some point when she came to realise that the real objects of your affection were her familiy's "modes of transport",it would def have been a huge ego blow and might have turned her against the said "modes of transport" for life. :lol:
Think what a blow that would have been . :wink:

Anoushka
20th January 2006, 07:40 PM
*DIGR*
:lol:

Lamby, at that time we had our old fiat as well but sold it a year after we moved to that house... our old fiat was high maintenance unfortunately :( so we had to sell it... and stick to the ambassador (which stayed with us till about three years ago)... :)

Though my dad was the only one that drove the ambassador, my brother and myself actually learnt driving in that car :) The only problem then was that I couldn't move the driver seat to suit my height :lol:

Lambretta
20th January 2006, 07:58 PM
We can trust you to give us a bit of laugh with your herald and lamby fixation to be sure. :lol:
Hey yea, I know it gives a weird -or even abnormal- impression abt me to many! But......I jus can't help it! :huh:

Had you been the guy,then at that some point when she came to realise that the real objects of your affection were her familiy's "modes of transport",it would def have been a huge ego blow and might have turned her against the said "modes of transport" for life. :lol:
:lol:......um, actually, come to think of it, who knows........maybe "I" wud've eventually liked neone in her place for more than jus the "modes of transport" she had, had I got to know her better- it does happen sumtimes, u may "like" sumone for sum particular reason they r associated w/ but end up liking them only for them! :D
I doubt if ANY girl wud begin liking me only for my mode of transport tho! :P :lol:

Lambretta
20th January 2006, 08:00 PM
*DIGR*
:lol: Though my dad was the only one that drove the ambassador, my brother and myself actually learnt driving in that car :) The only problem then was that I couldn't move the driver seat to suit my height :lol:
:shock: I'm astounded tat u cud move the steering wheel/gearshift atleast! Ibet u cud've learnt driving even more easily in the Herald.....! :wink: :D

Anoushka
20th January 2006, 08:36 PM
:shock: I'm astounded tat u cud move the steering wheel/gearshift atleast! Ibet u cud've learnt driving even more easily in the Herald.....! :wink: :D

Lamby: Actually it wasn't that difficult at all, as I said my height was my only problem.... My mom learnt her driving on the Herald :)

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd January 2006, 11:41 PM
When i was studying 8th std or so,in the class they will make us to sit like one girl and one boy next to each other.My partner was Rajeshwari.She was a fair little stout girl who used to take care of me like anything.Everyday in the morning when she comes to the class she used to ask me "Sridhar Good morning!Had your breakfast?" .. Then if i say no then i will get a big lecture from her. :cry: So for avoiding from that lectures i used to say that i had my breakfast. :) When we had our mid-term test i used to blink without knowing the answer for some questions, she used to show me without i am requesting for that.For my birthday she bought me a huge cake :shock: and asked me to cut it in the class and she also bought me a beautiful gift.

But not only for me but also for the whole class the real craze was Padma.She was very beautiful and cute.But she had a huge head weight and she wont talk with all.

Everyday during lunch Raji used to give me some of her food.I used to sit with guys.She will come to me and give me a share.I will be embarrassed by this. Sometimes i used to avoid her.By the end of our 8th std her father got transfered to Hyderabad.She came to me on the final day of the annual examination and she started to cry like anything.I was in the holiday mood.She caught my hand and cried "Sridhar i am going to Hyderabad,I wont meet you for ever,I am gonna miss you,you are so sweet blah blah blah"...I thought myself "Thank God!" But i said " I too miss you!" Then she called me twice when she reached Hyderabad but i avoided her, through my mom.

But when i joined 9th std in the same school i felt something,i felt something really bad..Nobody was there to wish me every morning and to ask whether i had breakfast,nobody was their to give lecture,nobody was there to share their lunch,nobody was there to help me in the examination,nobody was there to celebrate my birthday so grantly in my calss.

Suddenly i was thinking about Raji...Raji Raji the same name was ringing in my mind.When i reached my home i called her..but i couldn reach her.No internet at that time,so no cyber-mails.Our class craze Padma also left the school at the same time..but i didn find anything odd with that.I missed a wonderful female called Raji!

This can be rated as a teenage infactuation incident but the lesson behind is "Dont loose the relationship you have,Dont ignore them,Because one fine morning when you understand their good qualities they may not with you!" :(

But after that i had an infactuation with my senior in my college :D when i was studying my Under-graduation.

Nerd
24th January 2006, 01:08 AM
Wow thats so touching :)

Alien
24th January 2006, 06:58 AM
hmmmm.................. :)

hi
24th January 2006, 07:19 AM
becki.... :D.. 746

Shakthiprabha.
24th January 2006, 09:10 AM
BEckham :)

Very interesting and emotional one to read.

Shakthiprabha.
24th January 2006, 09:16 AM
IF this is not talking bout proposal but general intersting things in college, schools........

then I like to quote this incident (quite I lottttttt I have ...... may be i shall write it one at a time)

I was in my 5th class. I had this boy as my benchmate. (I dont wanna say his name please). He was very kewl, we both we equally good in studies. We used to talk with each other a lot. 90 percent of the time in school, we spent time with each other.

He used to pass by my house to his house, so we used to walk together back home. (along with asha (lets name her asha ) one more friend of mine)

Nothing really mattered. Until one day......... asha and me had a fight. So I was walking this side of the road, while asha was walking the otherside.

This boy promptly came off to my side and started walking with me.

Asha asked "hey ennada, en kooda nadanthu vaa, avaloda pesatha"

HE caught hold of my hand fiercely and replied "illai if she has fought with u, IT MEANS even ive fought with u" :)

i WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOVED. What a lovely gesture to show HE LIKED ME more than her !!!!!!!

It made a deep impact in me. I started liking him more. After we finished our 5th class, our paths changed, sadly we never kept in touch with each other. Nevertheless HE always remained in my mind.

Lambretta
24th January 2006, 04:05 PM
Hi all,
Had to get my net account renewed so cudn't drop in these last few days! :)
Neways, Sri, tat was a really moving story.....and yea at the beginning when I was reading, even I felt (:roll:) abt her "motherly" attitude towards u (esp. at tat young childish age)......but at the end I was touched! :(
Well....um, who knows, maybe u shud've done better to've stayed in touch w/ her & maybe she REALLY liked u.....maybe she cud've made a good wife for u! (intha kaalath-le amblai-ku ivolo upacharam pannara gunom pondaati-leye kadaikirath-u kashtam! :wink: :lol:)

But hey, I hope this wasn't intended for me:
"This can be rated as a teenage infactuation incident but the lesson behind is "Dont loose the relationship you have,Dont ignore them,Because one fine morning when you understand their good qualities they may not with you!"

:roll:

Lambretta
24th January 2006, 04:09 PM
Nothing really mattered. Until one day......... asha and me had a fight. So I was walking this side of the road, while asha was walking the otherside.

HE caught hold of my hand fiercely and replied "illai if she has fought with u, IT MEANS even ive fought with u" :)
Hmm......SP, theriyame kezhukaren.....unga side-ku varthuku neenga avanuku erkanamey ethavathu lanjam kudthengla enna??! :wink: :lol:
Neways, I guess stories like these (& also the others tat u wanna write down :)) cud come under the "first crush thread".....?

Shakthiprabha.
24th January 2006, 08:24 PM
naan ethum kudukalai lambretta. :grin:

nopes THIS IS NOT CRUSH....... FOR HEAVEN SAKEEEEEEEE...

we were hardly 10 years...... :roll:

Nice cool close freindship. SORY I CHOSE WRONG THREAD to write it. :huh:

Sanguine Sridhar
24th January 2006, 08:27 PM
//Digression
KM,
Please change your avatar :(

Shakthiprabha.
24th January 2006, 09:12 PM
sari beckham.

mathitEn. :)

seriously only because u requested i changed :P

pooja.shankar
25th January 2006, 01:36 PM
well i had a crush on a teacher once ....
that was long ago ...

but now ....i think as a teacher he sucks and as a person he sucks even more .......

he doesnt look good either

i dunt know why the hell ...i hada crush on him ...

chi...

pooja.shankar
25th January 2006, 01:40 PM
IF this is not talking bout proposal but general intersting things in college, schools........

then I like to quote this incident (quite I lottttttt I have ...... may be i shall write it one at a time)

I was in my 5th class. I had this boy as my benchmate. (I dont wanna say his name please). He was very kewl, we both we equally good in studies. We used to talk with each other a lot. 90 percent of the time in school, we spent time with each other.

He used to pass by my house to his house, so we used to walk together back home. (along with asha (lets name her asha ) one more friend of mine)

i WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOVED. What a lovely gesture to show HE LIKED ME more than her !!!!!!!

It made a deep impact in me. I started liking him more. After we finished our 5th class, our paths changed, sadly we never kept in touch with each other. Nevertheless HE always remained in my mind.

nice shakti .....

i would have hugged him on the road and kissed him ....and said .. i dint expect this ...thanks a lot. ..!!!!!!

i hope that boy .....today a man ...reads this and realizes who u are talking about ....

what do u say

Lambretta
25th January 2006, 02:19 PM
i would have hugged him on the road and kissed him
:shock: Appa-da! Ithu koncham over-a thaan theriydhu! :P
R u serious u wud've done tat?? :)

Shakthiprabha.
25th January 2006, 04:55 PM
POOOOOOOOOOOJA :shock:

I can I CAN NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. :oops:

well...

i was just 10 . It was a nice freindship.
I still remeber that guy and his gesture though :smile:

I HOPE he reads it too. NOTHING WRONG. After all he was a good friend :) :thumbsup:

would love to get him back as my good friend again :)

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 11:44 PM
i would have hugged him on the road and kissed him
:shock: Appa-da! Ithu koncham over-a thaan theriydhu! :P
R u serious u wud've done tat?? :)

SO wat ..friends thane.... no one will say anything ........not where iam presently.....
wat will happen in india people ..i got to know all this before ..i come to settle there in a few months !!!!

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 11:46 PM
POOOOOOOOOOOJA :shock:

I can I CAN NEVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. :oops:

well...

i was just 10 . It was a nice freindship.
I still remeber that guy and his gesture though :smile:

I HOPE he reads it too. NOTHING WRONG. After all he was a good friend :) :thumbsup:

would love to get him back as my good friend again :)

come on ..antha vaiyasu la ..yarum onnum solla matanga.......cmon ....u were a child then ...

ssanjinika
27th January 2006, 01:32 AM
Lamby,
Do you have any updates for us?Tell us what you finally did about your situation.Hope both you and the girl came out without too many scratches ;)

pooja.shankar
29th January 2006, 11:45 AM
hmmm....

people ..tell about ur celebrity crushes

ny1 hasa crush on a celebrity

great
29th January 2006, 01:39 PM
hmmm....

people ..tell about ur celebrity crushes

ny1 hasa crush on a celebrity :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
31st January 2006, 11:08 AM
pooja,

I wuold not have done anything like that even at the age of 18 :P

I suppose I was always too egoistic to take first step esp if its MORE THAN FRIENDSHIP :wink:

(anyway I am sure it was nothing more than friendship, in that case yes would have really expressed my happiness for his overwhelming support)

celebrity crush.........

I NEVER HAD ANY...... (atleast was sane enough to know I CANT HAVE CRUSH ON SOMEONE TOTALLY unreachable)

yup........when I was tooo young, I can say I had crush on... SUMAN (old actor)

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 11:18 AM
yup........when I was tooo young, I can say I had crush on... SUMAN (old actor)
U mean tat telugu actor of the '80s & 90s?? :o :?
So was it tat u watch Tel. films as well?? :)

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 11:28 AM
Lamby,
Do you have any updates for us?Tell us what you finally did about your situation.Hope both you and the girl came out without too many scratches ;)
Ah yes, sorry SS, forgot to revert w/ this! :lol:
Well, she did call again y'day...wanted to cut her off, telling her I wasn't feeling well then, but this time went into a lengthy narration abt a problem of her own......how sum aunt of hers has been forcing her to marry her (aunt's) son & so on......I jus gave her sum advice on tat & then when she tried to raise the topic of how she "likes" only me etc..I made bold to convey to her very frankly tat I've had NO such feelings towards her (or ne girl at the present!), saw her as nothing more thana student, tats it! plus my priorities in life r not love/marriage at the present!
Also I told her tat at her age tis normal to hav such feelings towards sumone but a time might come when she'd find sumone even better who also likes her jus as much (to which altho she did insist tat she never liekd neone else in this way & tat she Never wud marry neone else in her whole life etc..........*sigh* :roll: )......
Neways, she seemed to've taken it in the right sense finally!
However she did say tat she'd still like to be a friend to me & if I wudn't mind her calling me up once in a while.......ooooooh, well! :huh: :roll:
Nevertheless, I guess I can breathe a biiiiig sigh of relief for now! :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
31st January 2006, 11:42 AM
lambretta,

:) good luck.

reg suman he did act in few tamizh movies.

I was a 15 year old (not 90z but 80z) and used TO LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE his smile :grin:

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 12:20 PM
lambretta,

:) good luck.

Y?? :? :huh:
Its over already isn't it??!

ssanjinika
31st January 2006, 06:55 PM
Good Going Lamby :thumbsup: .
Glad it all worked out fine in the end.So now ur a pro in handling such situations huh ;).

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 07:03 PM
Good Going Lamby :thumbsup: .
Glad it all worked out fine in the end.So now ur a pro in handling such situations huh ;).
Pro?? Naaaaaaah, I don't think so! Maybe I was just lucky this time! :P :lol:
I sincerely hope I don't hav to handle such a situation ever again! :oops: :D

ssanjinika
31st January 2006, 07:06 PM
I understand.Its not a good feeling telling someone that you dont care for someone.Makes you feel very akward and somewhat embarassed :p.

Shakthiprabha.
31st January 2006, 07:25 PM
lambretta,

:lol: ofcourse its over.

Guess I should have said GOOD GOING and not good luck :rotfl: