PDA

View Full Version : Dangers of Internet Chatting- true Story!!!!!!

Alan
16th January 2006, 02:20 PM
MARSEILLES, France -- Skirt-chasing playboy Daniel Anceneaux spent weeks talking with a sensual woman on the Internet before arranging a romantic rendezvous at a remote beach -- and discovering that his on-line sweetie of six months was his own mother!
"I walked out on that dark beach thinking I was going to hook up with the girl of my dreams," the rattled bachelor later admitted. "And there she was, wearing white shorts and a pink tank top, just like she'd said she would.

"But when I got close, she turned around -- and we both got the shock of our lives. I mean, I didn't know what to say. All I could think was, 'Oh my God! it's Mama!' "

But the worst was yet to come. Just as the mortified mother and son realized the error of their ways, a patrolman passed by and cited them for visiting a restricted beach after dark.

"Danny and I were so flustered, we blurted out the whole story to the cop," recalled matronly mom Nicole, 52. "The policeman wrote a report, a local TV station got hold of it -- and the next thing we knew, our picture and our story was all over the 6 o'clock news. "People started pointing and laughing at us on the street -- and they haven't stopped laughing since."

The girl-crazy X-ray technician said he began flirting with normally straitlaced Nicole -- who lives six miles away in a Marseilles suburb -- while scouring the Internet for young ladies to put a little pizzazz in his life.

"Mom called herself Sweet Juliette and I called myself The Prince of Pleasure, and unfortunately, neither one of us had any idea who the other was," said flabbergasted Daniel.

"The conversations even got a little racy a couple of times.

"But I really started to fall for her, because there seemed to be a sensitive side that you don't see in many girls.

"She sent me poems she had written and told me about her dreams and desires, and it was really very romantic.

"The truth is, I got to see a side of my mom I'd never seen before. I'm grateful for that."

When starry-eyed Daniel asked Sweet Juliette to send him a picture, Nicole e-mailed him a photo of a curvy, half-clad cutie she'd scanned from a men's magazine.

"The girl in the picture was so beautiful, I begged Juliette to meet me on the beach -- and Mom said yes," he recalled. "Mom says she was falling for me, too, and she just wanted to meet me, even though she knew I'd be disappointed when I saw her.

"As for me, I figured I was going to find the girl of my dreams.

"I guess that's about as wrong as I've ever been."

Daniel admits he and his mother could do little but stammer and stutter around each other for days after their cyberspace exploits came to light. And his father Paul -- Nicole's husband of 27 years -- wasn't too happy when the story hit the news and his beer-drinking buddies made him the butt of their jokes.

"Dad was ticked for a while and he forbid Mom to talk to anybody on the Internet ever again," said embarrassed Daniel.

Lambretta
16th January 2006, 02:53 PM
:shock: + :banghead:
(Shocking + Disgusting!!)
A 52 yr old 'Aunty' whoz (prob.) already done w/ her menopause hooking up for a relationship........boy, do sum ppl. get their priorities in life all wrong! :roll: :hammer:
*sigh* 'guess I'm losing faith in the human race now.......! :roll:
But, much as I hate to admit, I cudn't help feeling a tinge of pity abt the fact tat their story was needlessly made public & made them suffer much humiliation!

Sanguine Sridhar
16th January 2006, 02:55 PM
Lamby, :lol:

selvakumar
16th January 2006, 05:10 PM
we should not judge internet chatting only by this story alone.

I have seen lot of people using it effectively.

Infact a tamil guy working in USA was murdered there. No one send any information to the concerned family in tamil nadu.. ONly the girl who chatted with him called to his family and xplained his missing for a long time.

source: kumudam reporter I think.. not sure.

Alan
16th January 2006, 05:16 PM
Again, it was a girl who was chatting with him, not a boy or a man. Well, it can't be a 100 % platonic relationship- can it be?

But yes, internet chatting is mostly when ppl are lonely which is a sad thing.

Lambretta
16th January 2006, 05:36 PM

Infact a tamil guy working in USA was murdered there. No one send any information to the concerned family in tamil nadu.. ONly the girl who chatted with him called to his family and xplained his missing for a long time.

No doubt a very touching story.......but I certainly didn't intend to hav ne wrong impressions abt chatting in general jus bcos of this......I chat quite often w/ my friends/sis/mama (uncle)...but ONLY w/ known ppl........:)

Alan
16th January 2006, 05:51 PM
The issue here is of course not that, Lamby. Its those chat rooms where you get to speak to strangers. I've seen a cartoon where, chat friends decide to meet & they both turn out to be hairy, ugly, males! They are both shocked because both were expecting gorgeous, long legged beauties!

Lambretta
16th January 2006, 05:55 PM
The issue here is of course not that, Lamby. Its those chat rooms where you get to speak to strangers. I've seen a cartoon where, chat friends decide to meet & they both turn out to be hairy, ugly, males! They are both shocked because both were expecting gorgeous, long legged beauties!
Yea I've heard of a no. of such cases! :lol:
Tats one reason I thankfully never hav enthu in chatting w/ strangers!

Alan
17th January 2006, 08:45 AM
Young girls are at a higher risk than anyone else.

Lambretta
17th January 2006, 09:49 AM
Young girls are at a higher risk than anyone else.
Yup, true! I've heard tat anonymous chatting is all the more common esp. among younger ppl. in the metros.....considering their wannabe cosmo. nature, girls over there ought to be more careful!

P_R
22nd January 2006, 01:11 AM
What about the Hub ? It is also place where we meet relatively anonymous people :-) Young girls like me need to be careful here too. eh ?

Surya
22nd January 2006, 05:07 AM
This is the most sickeining thing that I've read in my life! :ewww:

Young girls like me need to be careful here too. eh ?

Ennathu.......:shock:

Well let me say that u've done an excellent job of maintaining ur annonimity. I thought u were a guy!

malsi
22nd January 2006, 07:38 AM
prabhu ram..are you a female ?..

P_R
22nd January 2006, 09:39 AM
Well let me say that u've done an excellent job of maintaining ur annonimity. I thought u were a guy!

See what I mean ! I was just messing with your impressions. :twisted:
Doesn't it kind of drive home the point about Hub anonymity further ? :-)

P_R
22nd January 2006, 09:40 AM
prabhu ram..are you a female ?.. :P

Lambretta
22nd January 2006, 11:30 AM
What about the Hub ? It is also place where we meet relatively anonymous people :-) Young girls like me need to be careful here too. eh ?
:roll: :P :lol:

Lambretta
22nd January 2006, 11:34 AM
prabhu ram..are you a female ?.. :P
PR, I think ur gonna now get the same bombarding tat poor Soomy had received abt his/her gender in tat thread "loving a Tamil & loving a foreigner".....! :P

P_R
22nd January 2006, 11:47 AM
PR, I think ur gonna now get the same bombarding tat poor Soomy had received abt his/her gender in tat thread "loving a Tamil & loving a foreigner".....! :P Bombarding ! See, young girls like me do need to be careful. :D

Badri
23rd January 2006, 05:06 AM
PR: Your signature line is also not especially helpful in clearing up the gender crisis!!!

P_R
23rd January 2006, 09:52 AM
PR: Your signature line is also not especially helpful in clearing up the gender crisis!!! O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!

Chappani
23rd January 2006, 04:11 PM
May be we need to change the name of this thread, it should not be Dangers of Internet Chatting. This Name suits cases for e.g., where young girls are lured in Chat sessions and abused. This case is not a Danger it is a warning to the general public to behave as per their status in chats.

P_R
23rd January 2006, 05:25 PM
This case is not a Danger it is a warning to the general public to behave as per their status in chats. Why ? Aren't we all different to different people ? Why the "warning" then ?

Shakthiprabha.
23rd January 2006, 06:23 PM
Hey its all about KNOWING WHERE THE LIMIT ENDS.

Ive been into this internet chatting for 6 years now.

IVE MET lots and lots of friedns.

I got one of my best friend thro internet. He, insipte of his AGE DIFFERENCE is my really good and best friend. I went to attend his marriage and now, his wife is a good friend too.

I NEVER deceive my age, OR MY marital status.

I think CHATTING IS ALL ABOUT finding HOW TRUE THE PERSON IS.

If u trust them, CONFIDE ur true self and meet them. else STAY AWAY.

These are the principles I FOLLOW....... or advice who are GENUINELY intersted in dECENT CHATTING to follow.......

Till u TRUST UR CHAT FRIEND......

1. never reveal ur true name or address until u get confidence

2. reveal ur true age and marital status

3. never every say u are unhappy with ur married partner (even if u land up in a fight with ur better half that particular day..)

4. Be decent and friendly.

5. Cut all bulls**ting talks as and when it crops up, if the other partner is inducing too much indecent talks............... DELETE HIM OR HER AND STAY AWAY.

When u develop confidence and DECIDE TO GIVE UR PHONE NUMBER OR MEET UP.......

1. See to it UR SPOUSE knowwww about ur friend and that he or she is gonna call u

2. Pref meet him in a common place and LET UR SPOUSE KNOW that u are gonna meet ur chat friend at this particular place and this particular time and keep THE MOBILE swtiched on

3. After 2 to 3 meetings, if u find the person true and genuine, MEET UP OR CALL HIM OR HER when ur spouse is aroudn, so that THERE DEVELOPS A very nice true, cordial relationship WHICH TURNS THE CHAT FRIENDSHIP TO REAL ONE.

Ive got (I am proud to say)

1. one best friend.
2. 5 good friends
3. 10 acquantances
3. one rakhi brother

thro chat.

I am happy bout THIS INTERNET TECHNOLOGY for having given me or introduced me to the WONDERFUL WORLD of friendship, trust and healthy relationships :thumbsup: :smile:

Chappani
25th January 2006, 03:08 PM
Yes SP, I agree with you. If you visit public chats, its very clear in which direction it proceeds. Most(almost all) of the young guys like to impress on the gals initially with their good english and then drive it to the you know what.
To all I would like to tell, please start rediscovering your beloved (Husband/ wife/ friend etc) in a new dimension every day and start appretiating their good things. Don't have the chatting and chat friends as an excuse to distance yourself from you beloved.

Lambretta
25th January 2006, 03:24 PM
Most(almost all) of the young guys like to impress on the gals initially with their good english and then drive it to the you know what.
Y only gals.....many of them don't mind driving even after 'aunties'! :evil:

To all I would like to tell, please start rediscovering your beloved (Husband/ wife/ friend etc) in a new dimension every day and start appretiating their good things. Don't have the chatting and chat friends as an excuse to go away from you beloved.
A very suitable advice indeed! :clap: :thumbsup: :D
Actually IMHO this whole problem in marriages nowadays stems from these materialistic feelings of "boredom/unsatisfaction" in physical desiers tat either/both of the spouses make themselves feel.....many married ppl. who indulge in desperately seeking chat "friends" (ie,. NOT ppl. like SP who sought only GENUINE FRIENDS) r lured by this nagging thot of an 'unsatisfied marital life' in their minds!
Therefore rediscovering ur spouse in a different way, as Chappani says, ie, focussing more on appreciating them for wat they r as a whole rather than just a physical relationship w/ them (which is eventually realised to be only momentary & superficial altho its given way too much importance nowadays!)

Shakthiprabha.
25th January 2006, 05:07 PM
good point.

Actually many who seek other things, kinda get bored fast and walk out of this media soon (this is my feeling)

For ppl who are not married its stupid to search partners here.

PARTNERS cannot be searched here. ONLY friends can.
tHIS IS MY feeling.

Lambretta
25th January 2006, 05:18 PM
good point.

Actually many who seek other things, kinda get bored fast and walk out of this media soon (this is my feeling)

For ppl who are not married its stupid to search partners here.

PARTNERS cannot be searched here. ONLY friends can.
tHIS IS MY feeling.
Yup, even I don't believe ppl. can actually find the "right" person online when searching for matches!

great
25th January 2006, 05:28 PM
Kudos to SP :clap:

Shakthiprabha.
25th January 2006, 05:28 PM
Lambretta,

I know lot of cases, where they pose totally diff age group, and u bump in to find an old man or old lady .. in place of 20z.

The worst part is, they fall head over heels in love while chtting that THEY DONT MIND marrying them HOW EVER OLD OR YOUNG THEY ARE. Immaterial WHETHER THEY HAVE A FAMILY OR NOT.

:sad:

true cases. shocking cases.

Shakthiprabha.
25th January 2006, 05:31 PM
nopes that i disagree.

probably U MAY find a right match. thro websites meant for these.

chat with them get to know theM, then MEET THEM...

INVOLVE ur family at every step........ def u may find ur partner out there in the web.

Lambretta
25th January 2006, 05:33 PM
Lambretta,

I know lot of cases, where they pose totally diff age group, and u bump in to find an old man or old lady .. in place of 20z.

The worst part is, they fall head over heels in love while chtting that THEY DONT MIND marrying them HOW EVER OLD OR YOUNG THEY ARE. Immaterial WHETHER THEY HAVE A FAMILY OR NOT.

:sad:
true cases. shocking cases.
I've heard of such cases, it gets sickeningly addictive in many cases; they jus can't live w/out chatting w/ the anonymous 'friend'!
They must be really sad, lost, loner dudes.......!
I know its easy for young ppl. to get carried away like this but its all the more sickening when OLDER ppl. too get into the same mess!!
:evil: :banghead:

Shakthiprabha.
25th January 2006, 05:42 PM
lambretta,

MANY A TIME, its older ppl who get into mess :)

dangerous world out there :)

Lambretta
25th January 2006, 05:46 PM
lambretta,

True! And later most of them r the ones who tell their children to maintain decency, avoid bad company/habits, et cetera.......! :evil:

Lambretta
25th January 2006, 05:51 PM
Incidentally, I once heard from a friend (who read in another forum) tat there r cases of girls in Indian cities who, when alone at home, chat w/ foreign guys abroad (using webcams) & eventually go to the extent of taking "orders" from those guys, who tell them to do all sorts of things in front of the camera, taking "live" videos/pic.s of them in the process! They jus obey those guys w/out a hitch!
Damn! Where is this country going......! :evil: :hammer:

Anoushka
25th January 2006, 06:36 PM
Lamby here is a link which has a similar story to what you have mentioned

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/19/national/19kids.ready.html?ex=1292648400&en=aea51b4319b2351a&ei=5089&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss

Lambretta
25th January 2006, 06:53 PM
Anou,
All the more pitiable tat not jus girls but even boys hav been lured to join the bandwagon! :(

dev
25th January 2006, 07:14 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: ... Ulagam engappa poitu iruku???!!!...

ssanjinika
25th January 2006, 07:26 PM
I did hear this one story though cant find the link now.There was this young man who
had made a few chat friends.One of those friends was a girl with whom he later became
he became close.She sent him her picture and they guy was amazed at how beautiful she was.
Slowly this girl started feeding him stories of how poor her family was and how she couldnt study further even though she wanted to since they had no money.They guy feeling
sorry for her sent her money for her studies.The dupe came to light when one day the guy switched on his TV and saw an O'Lorel commercial where aiswarya rai was the model.This was the girl who was supposed to be so poor that she dint have enough money to finish her studies.
But it was too late by then.He had already sent her the money and there wasnt anything he could do about it.Tracking down someone who could be anyone in the world was too much effort and not worth it.Aleast he just
lost some money.

Alan
25th January 2006, 11:18 PM
lol- posing as Aiswarya Rai!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How could he be such a fool? Ash is World famous! Even foreigners know her!

Alan
25th January 2006, 11:20 PM
lambretta,

True! And later most of them r the ones who tell their children to maintain decency, avoid bad company/habits, et cetera.......! :evil:

Talk of irony, Lamby!

goodsense
26th January 2006, 12:55 AM
One area of my work is the working on "spousal sponsorships" files. I have to say, I was surprised as to how many people met their partners online (including Chatlines). Then they go to their countries to meet them and their families, made plans to go back and get married and it all materialized. Then they come back and file the sponsorship papers.

Querida
26th January 2006, 02:11 AM
SP I really like your objective advice what you say is very true.
Lambretta I think you are pointing out good things as well but i think your view is constantly jaded by your disillusion with how the world is now...sorry maybe making too personal of an assumption but really can't always being disheartened at how the world is now...anyways yeah i went on chat for abt a half a month (seriously i couldn't take in after that) and found people who were decent and i never met them again, people seem decent and then not or people just at the very beginning being very lewd or just desperate to come meet you and you come visit them! :shock: but i met one good friend still...never even asked asl...and i for some reason actually asked for their email... :oops: i was so embarrassed but felt it was a good thing to do...so continued with email contact...but that's about it...was sick and tired of asl? asl? asl? asl?

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 03:26 PM
there s another story of a tamil gul called pongudi whu told her name is trisha n she sent a pic of asin to some guy in the US.....told him her sad family story and somehow managed to make money out of him ...that poor fella thght all this was true and sent goods worth rs. 1.5 laks ..till recently he discovered there exists an actress called asin .....

LOL

P_R
27th January 2006, 02:15 PM
went on chat for abt a half a month (seriously i couldn't take in after that) and found people who were decent and i never met them again, people seem decent and then not or people just at the very beginning being very lewd or just desperate to come meet you and you come visit them!
The anonymity of an online community encourages people to let their hair down. Be what they would be when there are no consequences. How do you behave with people whom you'd never ever meet after that ?

Though I don't quite buy that people turn to chat / online communities for "relief" from the real world, I canot dismiss that possibility altohgether. So a polite person who euphemises all the time in the real world could be brash in the virtual world.This need not necessarily imply that this is his "TRUE" self and he was actually pretending/wearing mask/ pasuthOl pOthia etc. etc.

Cliched Question: Assume you are a tourist dining in some restaurant in some town you would never ever visit again.Would you tip the waiter ? IMO, there is no rational answer to this.

Don't get me wrong, many would tip. All I am saying is, there is no rational explanation for doing so. I extend the above analogy to online behaviour.

ssanjinika
27th January 2006, 07:30 PM

Noo Alan thats not quite true..only people who religiously follow fashion would know her.A lot of them here in the US dont really checkout the world fashion scene.Atleast thats what Ive been led to believe.I remember once when aish came on 60 mins quite a few of my team members dint really know who she was.That was the first time they were seeing her :).Shes a lot more recognised in Britain and Europe I guess :).

ssanjinika
27th January 2006, 07:32 PM
I have to say, I was surprised as to how many people met their partners online (including Chatlines).

Hey I met my husband through the internet...and I must say im really really thankful for it :D.

selvakumar
27th January 2006, 08:07 PM
I have to say, I was surprised as to how many people met their partners online (including Chatlines).

Hey I met my husband through the internet...and I must say im really really thankful for it :D.

That's cool. sanji.. could u elaborate on that so that it can b useful for the fellow hubbers. we can get a feel of it though!!

Shakthiprabha.
31st January 2006, 11:03 AM
querida,

yeah. after a period of time, the most irritating query u find in chatting is

ASL.

Feel like bashing black and blue. I should say ive lost interest in chatting these days :roll:

pavalamani pragasam
31st January 2006, 11:06 AM
Sign of growing up, of maturity! :lol: Just kidding! :lol:

Alan
31st January 2006, 12:36 PM

Noo Alan thats not quite true..only people who religiously follow fashion would know her.A lot of them here in the US dont really checkout the world fashion scene.Atleast thats what Ive been led to believe.I remember once when aish came on 60 mins quite a few of my team members dint really know who she was.That was the first time they were seeing her :).Shes a lot more recognised in Britain and Europe I guess :).

Oh! That's news to me- But she's the third Indian to have her wax statue in the wax Museum in California & yet ppl don't know her?

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 12:42 PM
*DIGR*
But she's the third Indian to have her wax statue in the wax Museum in California
Btw, ne idea who the 1st 2 indians r?? I'm guessing the 1st one to be Gandhiji's....

Alan
31st January 2006, 05:48 PM
No- Indira Gandhi & Amitabh Bachchan respectively

ssanjinika
31st January 2006, 06:51 PM
The US Citzens in california cudnt care less about the wax museum is what Im guessing..infact I dont think too many ppl even care to go to the museums there..they are probably too busy ogling at hollywood stars or lazing around in the beach.BTW I thot the museum was in NYC :?.

Shakthiprabha.
31st January 2006, 07:25 PM
pp maam,

:) I guess so too :)

pavalamani pragasam
31st January 2006, 07:35 PM
:D

Alan
1st February 2006, 07:46 AM
Pavalamani pragasam, please don't reply in my threads again- I've asked the moderators if you can be blocked

pavalamani pragasam
1st February 2006, 08:16 AM
I never condescend to respond to you! Have I? Is there any monopoly here as you claim?

Alan
1st February 2006, 01:36 PM
Yes, you were indirectly responding to me, because I started this thead- I've pmed Nov , asking you to be removed from my threads- pls don't hijack my threads- Pls- at least I'm not interested in your Pseudo English & your grandsons' tails.

pavalamani pragasam
1st February 2006, 01:44 PM
What new Darwinian theory is this, Alan? My grandsons with "tails"???

"hijacking", "pseudo English"??? I am no cry baby running to moderators!!! All hubbers are free to make their own assessment about you & me!!!

NOV
1st February 2006, 02:12 PM
Pavalamani pragasam, please don't reply in my threads again- I've asked the moderators if you can be blockedThere is no such thing as my thread or your thread. Every Hubber is welcome to freely discuss in any of the threads in all sections, with proper decorum and respect.

However, we do not allow any kind of Hubber bashing, which will lead to an eventual ban.

selvakumar
1st February 2006, 03:01 PM
Pavalamani pragasam, please don't reply in my threads again- I've asked the moderators if you can be blockedThere is no such thing as my thread or your thread. Every Hubber is welcome to freely discuss in any of the threads in all sections, with proper decorum and respect.

However, we do not allow any kind of Hubber bashing, which will lead to an eventual ban.

Finally I have seen NOV into action (for the first time). :D

Lambretta
1st February 2006, 05:06 PM
Wat?? :shock: No, actually NOV is the only mod. I've seen into action every time! Atleast in this secn......

selvakumar
1st February 2006, 05:17 PM
Wat?? :shock: No, actually NOV is the only mod. I've seen into action every time! Atleast in this secn......

I see. I haven't seen NOV into action in TF Section. Lambretta I meant his action as a MODERATOR. This is the first time I am seeing NOV as a moderator. (this post). Also, I have never NOV posting in TF section. That's it !! We need ur presence in TF section also NOV!! :cool:

Lambretta
1st February 2006, 05:20 PM
Lambretta I meant his action as a MODERATOR.
Macha, tats wat I 2 meant! :roll:
I hav seen him in action as moderator here b4.....reg. TF secn. I thot its only Thiru/RR who r managing tat? :?

selvakumar
1st February 2006, 06:06 PM
Lambretta I meant his action as a MODERATOR.
Macha, tats wat I 2 meant! :roll:
I hav seen him in action as moderator here b4.....reg. TF secn. I thot its only Thiru/RR who r managing tat? :?

I agree with u Machi!! :D

cancer
7th February 2006, 03:07 PM

ya you ar correct.. one of my friend chat with a guy from UK.. after a long months.. that guy is supporting him to his higher study in UK..and he given amnt in installment..