PDA

View Full Version : Hub Awards 2006 - Television Serials

NOV
19th January 2006, 06:54 AM
Hubbers Choice
Hub Awards 2006 - Television Serials

Best Theme Music / Song: Arisi maavale - Malargal (Details (http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=327442#327442))

Best Actress in a Negative Role: Brindha Dass for Aanandham

Best Actress in a TV Serial: Gayathri for Metti Oli

Best Actor in a TV Serial: Venu Arvind for Selvi

Best TV Serial Director: Thirumurugan of Metti oli

Best TV Serial 2005: Metti Oli

NOV
19th January 2006, 09:40 AM
Best Theme Song

TV Theme songs for serials is nowadays a big business. Since many TV channels offer serials and mega serials throughout the day (and night) competition has been stiff. Big names such as Vairamuthu, Dhina, Rajesh Vaidhya have been drawn to provide a song catchy enough to be repeated every day for many months (and even years!) Annamalai which completed its run early 2005 and Malargal were stioff contestants for the top post. K Balachander's Engirundho Vandhal and Manaivi were not in a great distance too.

So what will the outcome be?

RR
19th January 2006, 11:36 AM
Best Theme Song 2005!

Arisi maavale - Malargal

with 36% of the votes received. Last year's winner Annamalai was leading
all through but lost out finally by a whisker of 1 vote.

And so a new leader "blossoms" in Malargal !

NOV
19th January 2006, 01:06 PM
Best Actor/Actress in a Negative Role (Villain)

God! How do we hate these villainous creatures who spew misery upon misery upon of favourite people. Strangely, the more you hate, the better an actor/actress they are.

Women dominated in this category proving hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. :)

In the race was Devi Priya in the Radaan series Selvi, proving that Radhika madam indeed has great visions on villains! Nalini in Kolangal faced stiff competition from a male villain from the same serial - Ajay as the hated Aadhi. Brindha Dass of Aanandham was another person we all love to hate, day in and day out.

The battle lines have been drawn and the war for the worst creature of 2005 is on. Who will it be?

RR
19th January 2006, 01:26 PM
Best Actor/Actress in a Negative Role (Villain) 2005!

Brindha dass !

with 38% of the votes...! A surprise winner who brushed aside high profile villians and villi's to take the top spot.
The second place was a tie among Devipriya, Nalini & Ajay who each got 16% of votes.

NOV
19th January 2006, 02:24 PM
Best TV Serial Actor 2005

Like in actresses, TV serial actors do not need good looks or manly physique. The closer they are to the ordinary man, the better their chance of potraying reality.

2005 again had the same faces, acting in main roles. Abishek (Kolangal/Kalki), Venu Arvind (many), Vijay Adhiraj (many) were the chosen people for this polls.

So, who is your choice for the best TV actor?

RR
19th January 2006, 04:43 PM
Best TV Serial Actor 2005!

Venu Arvind !

who got 42% of the votes...! Surely his Selvi performance has impressed many. Last year winner Vijay aadhraj gave him good competition but lost out at the end by just a vote.. Another close race!

NOV
20th January 2006, 06:50 AM
Best TV Actress 2005

Beauty takes a step back in TV serials. Unlike their counterparts in Films, Serial actresses need to know how to act. There is no need to dance semi-dressed or play a minute supporting role. Using own voice is also compulsory. Who among the many actresses have these qualities?

Nominations were received for Gayathri, as the eternally suffering woman of Metti Oli, Devayani in Kolangal, flashy actress-turned character actress, Kushboo in Kalki and Kungumam, and Siththi-Annamalai-Selvi Radihka as and in Selvi.

The race was among Devyani, Gayathri and Radhika.
Who is supremo is making all of us cry?

Thiru
20th January 2006, 08:46 AM
Best TV Actress

And the best handkerchief saleswoman errr Best TV Actress is

Gayatri

with 28% of the votes. Radhika came second with 19% of the votes followed by Devayani 14%, Deepa Venkat 9% and Saritha 9%... Gayathri beat out the veteran movie stars comfortably but it was surprising to see Khusboo miss out on the top 5 slots...

Anoushka
20th January 2006, 12:56 PM
Best Actor/Actress in a Negative Role (Villain) 2005!

Brindha dass !

with 38% of the votes...! A surprise winner who brushed aside high profile villians and villi's to take the top spot.
The second place was a tie among Devipriya, Nalini & Ajay who each got 16% of votes.

Intersting... A soft person like Brinda getting the best actress award for negative role :)

NOV
20th January 2006, 07:24 PM
Best TV Serial Director

Churning out episode after episode five days out of seven is no mean feat. And keeping vewers engrossed is not so easy, considering the situation now where TV serials are available in many channels 24 hours round the clock.

Nominations were received for Sundar K. Vijayan who has continued directing Radaan’s serials, including Selvi. Thiruselvam, director of Kolangal was another nominee.

Thirumurugan, who also appears in an important role in his serial, was the director of the hugely successful Metti Oli, which saw its run end lin 2005. Naga, director of Chidambara ragasiyam – another Radaan production, was also popular with voters.

Eventually the race was between…. The four of the above directors

RR
20th January 2006, 07:53 PM
Best TV Serial Director 2005

Thirumurugan !

who wins hands-down with 45% of the votes. So it was his year again! Naga & Sundar K. Vijayan could only manage 22% votes for the second place.

NOV
20th January 2006, 09:31 PM
Best TV Serial 2005

Here comes the most anticipated award!!!
There were a total of ten nominations of which three did not get even a vote!
Annamalai, Chidambara Rahasiyam, Engurundho Vanthaal, Metti Oli, Selvi, Manaivi, and Malargal were nominated for this prestigious award,

While it was difficult to gauge which way will audience slant go, towards the end, the winner was narrowed down to three serials.

Radaan’s third effort with Radhika in the lead – Selvi
The story of a helpless daughter-in-law in the universal theme of relationship problems – Metti Oli
The suspense and confusion all served in a muddle – Chidambara Ragasiyam

And the Hubbers choice was…..

RR
20th January 2006, 10:02 PM
Best TV Serial 2005

Metti Oli !

which posts an easy win with over 45% of the votes. So Metti Oli still rulez! :D The closest contenders Chidambara ragasiyam and Selvi got just 18% votes.

RR
20th January 2006, 10:17 PM
Congrats to all winners! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The hubber award will be announced on Monday..!

usha_pooja
21st January 2006, 04:25 PM
gongrates 2 all winners. KOOL! n thx 4 da results.

take care

from usha

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd January 2006, 04:14 PM
Congrats to all winners! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The hubber award will be announced on Monday..!
Ada kadavuley! Naan vote potta oru department kooda jeykila :(
Ennakku Hubber award kodupeengala :?

RR
24th January 2006, 01:04 PM
Hubber Award (TV Serials) 2005

Not many nominations, but one hubber has predicted 4 out of 6 correctly. It is ...

RR
24th January 2006, 03:24 PM
And the award goes to..

gta129

Congrats! :clap: You win a movie/music CD of choice..! I'll contact you shortly for details.

gta129
25th January 2006, 09:31 AM
And the award goes to..

gta129

Congrats! :clap: You win a movie/music CD of choice..! I'll contact you shortly for details.

ganeshhg9
27th January 2006, 08:02 PM
kool

gta129
29th January 2006, 08:08 AM
And the award goes to..

gta129

I edited my nominations later on. You should give to some one who had the right nominations from the start, it is not fair to give it to me since I edited my nominations.

RR
31st January 2006, 11:16 AM
gta129,

Editing nominations was allowed (till start of polls), so it's ok.

vekala
1st February 2006, 02:08 AM
Congrats gta129!!!! :clap:

mohanraman
2nd February 2006, 10:11 PM
Hello all,
Permit me to thank all the devoted hubbers for the wonderful support and enthusiasm given to tamil television.I am happy that so many of my colleagues,especially Ms.Brinda Dass,my sammanthi, have won awards....keep it up.I thought that AANANDAM will have a string of its own....maybe it is either too good or too bad....hope it is the former.
mohan raman

vekala
2nd February 2006, 10:20 PM
Welcome to HUB Mr Mohan Raman.
Your performance in a variety of roles is also very good!
My hearty wishes and Good luck to u!

Kala

sangeetha_me
2nd February 2006, 10:25 PM
hi Beckham ! same here..naa vote potta oru dept-um kooda thaan jeyikala !! :roll:

mohanraman
2nd February 2006, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome,I have been here since september last year but avoided posting any message lest it colour the openness with which you all communicate.I had to thank this community and came out of my shell.....will probably retreat at the end of this message.My only suggestion is to add a BEST CHARACTER PERFORMANCE award so that the appa, amma, thatha and patti roles get recognised as well .Love

awatal
2nd February 2006, 10:41 PM
I think most of the character artists act way better than the key hero and heroines of the tv serials.
Infact, I had nominated Delhikumar for his excellent performances in many different serials as the best actor but looks like that was not the audience meant by best actor.
Yes we should have a best character award for these serials.

gta129
2nd February 2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the welcome,I have been here since september last year but avoided posting any message lest it colour the openness with which you all communicate.I had to thank this community and came out of my shell.....will probably retreat at the end of this message.My only suggestion is to add a BEST CHARACTER PERFORMANCE award so that the appa, amma, thatha and patti roles get recognised as well .Love

Hello Mohan Raman

Appa and Thatha role are prt of Best Actor and Amma and Patti are in Best Actress role. We didn't have any Appa or Thatha or Patti rolebut we did have Radhika for Amma role in Annamalai.

sahana6
3rd February 2006, 01:15 AM
cangrads gta129

vekala
3rd February 2006, 08:26 PM

Hello Mohan Raman

Appa and Thatha role are prt of Best Actor and Amma and Patti are in Best Actress role. We didn't have any Appa or Thatha or Patti rolebut we did have Radhika for Amma role in Annamalai.

I think what Mohan Ram means is the appa amma of those amma's :P ....ie appa amma of Radhika....like latha's role now!

vekala
3rd February 2006, 08:37 PM
Isn't 'Best supporting actor/actress award' for "Best Character Performance"?!

Even i agree that many of the senior artists' performance is excellent than the lead roles.....
Janavi who acts in Anandham, Nimmathi, sorgam...etc...also does a variety performance! In one she has acted wonderfully like a blind women, in another she is a humble wife, then as a villi...etc.

Even i like Delhi Kumar's acting! Especially was great in Metti Oli and now in Malargal!

There are many great artists like this...definitely they shld be given some special awards as a boost-up!!!

nitha2my
4th February 2006, 10:56 AM
Hubbers Choice
Hub Awards 2006 - Television Serials

Best Theme Music / Song: Arisi maavale - Malargal (Details (http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=327442#327442))

Best Actress in a Negative Role: Brindha Dass for Aanandham

Best Actress in a TV Serial: Gayathri for Metti Oli

Best Actor in a TV Serial: Venu Arvind for Selvi

Best TV Serial Director: Thirumurugan of Metti oli

Best TV Serial 2005: Metti Oli

usha_pooja
5th February 2006, 06:30 PM
Isn't 'Best supporting actor/actress award' for "Best Character Performance"?!

Even i agree that many of the senior artists' performance is excellent than the lead roles.....
Janavi who acts in Anandham, Nimmathi, sorgam...etc...also does a variety performance! In one she has acted wonderfully like a blind women, in another she is a humble wife, then as a villi...etc.

Even i like Delhi Kumar's acting! Especially was great in Metti Oli and now in Malargal!

There are many great artists like this...definitely they shld be given some special awards as a boost-up!!!

i agree it would of hv been very interestin 2 c

take care
from usha

RR
6th February 2006, 10:09 AM
How about boost-up for the nominations and voting, first? :) Then we can include more categories of awards.

ramky
9th March 2006, 08:10 AM
hello mr.mohan raman ! all of us in our family like your acting, especially in "sahana". we feel your presence in any serial adds to its value. glad to know you are also a hubber !

.....Even i like Delhi Kumar's acting! Especially was great in Metti Oli and now in Malargal!

i also feel that a special award should be given for such actors doing older roles !