Music Director : Harris Jayaraj
Stars: Kamalhasan, Jothika

Karka Karka - Devan, Tippu, Nakul, Andrea
Manjal Veiyil - Hariharan, Vijay, Nakul
Nerupae - Frankom Solar Sai, Sowmya Rao
Partha Muthal - Bombay Jayashree, Unni Menon
Uyirilae - Mahalakshmi Iyer, Srinivas

Listen: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.8293/

Reviews: 1 (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=417565#417565), 2 (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=419095#419095), 3 (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=419388#419388), 4 (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=420071#420071)...

baba88
19th January 2006, 06:10 PM
It's not Jay Z. In US you can find Rappers in all areas.

baba88
19th January 2006, 07:44 PM
The sound of this Rapper sounds like the voice of P.Diddy.
But I don't think that he would sing for an Indian Movie.

rsubras
19th January 2006, 10:30 PM
enakkenamo intha trailor BGM, mission impossible theme ah nyabaga paduthichu....... any one having the same feel as of mine??

probably i am biased...but i dont know i hav this feel

slperson1
19th January 2006, 10:54 PM
its more of a common beat and sound for rap songs.but if thats an actual song from the soundtrack im lookin forward to this album.and from the trailer i think this will be a slick movie which may even give sivaji a run for its money.

sloshed
20th January 2006, 02:16 AM
rsubras,

Yeah you are possible biased.. lets just leave it that way ...

alwarpet_andavan
20th January 2006, 05:48 PM
and from the trailer i think this will be a slick movie which may even give sivaji a run for its money.
Sivaji is to be released for Diwali. "Prey And Play" will be out on or before April 14.

slperson1
20th January 2006, 11:33 PM
im quite aware of the release dates.im talkin about which movie will be better.

dinesh2002
21st January 2006, 12:07 AM
im quite aware of the release dates.im talkin about which movie will be better.

u sound so biased man... VV trailor is up and Shivaji hasnt,what u saw in shivaji that makes u think it doesnt have a chance ? the 2 posters?? if ur comparing the trailor & posters...that clearly shows ur afraid what is behind that poster & pushing it down now it self :lol: shivaji has KV Anand man....come on!!

stranger
21st January 2006, 12:11 AM
and from the trailer i think this will be a slick movie which may even give sivaji a run for its money.

I wish your "dream" come true! :P

reagan87
21st January 2006, 08:42 AM
Yea me too think that VV would definetely give Sivaji a run for its money !!! Sivaji currently is a movie with a mere hype and nothing more.

Alien
21st January 2006, 11:27 AM
Definitely !! I have more hopes on Gowtham than mega-masala director Shankar(I don't think he can churn out great cinema ever, that was over after Gentleman, he can only bring a 'glamourized' masala) ! VV, I hope will b a more fine film than Shivaji
:P

Scale
21st January 2006, 01:17 PM
Irrelavant!

Guys (Mostly kamal fans), Will you be predicting the same if their combo was reverse and Shankar directing KH a movie like Indian. IMO, Sivaji, an AVM prodns has to be something extraordinary. Balaji Sakthivel in his recent interview(posted in ARR YG) says that the script of Shivaji is something different and noone can even give a wild GUESS!. Is he a person whom you think will hype?

IMO, GM is nothing great comparatively.

Have faith in the veteran KH which is more than anything for their fans & the whole Industry. Same goes to S*.

Alien
21st January 2006, 05:03 PM
I think Gowtham is very promising ! I look forward to a film from him than any other tamil director, and thats just me.....
IMO AVM production doesn't mean anything , rn't they producing Theeppori(Perarasu film :bang head:) as well !
Its all in Shankar's hands ! 8-)

MusicIsLife
21st January 2006, 09:05 PM
After listening to Rang de basanti, my expectation are that ARR will be produce much better music this time around. but the only problem is he will use all those experimentation to go waste for the recent KUTHU paatu trend.

Justice
22nd January 2006, 02:03 AM
only the good thing in Sivaji will undoubtedly be the music the rest will be :rotfl:

baba88
22nd January 2006, 04:11 AM
Sivaji has already earned more money than VV will earn even after the release.

Justice
22nd January 2006, 07:27 AM
more money was invested in it so it has to earn else :rotfl:

MADDY
23rd January 2006, 05:40 PM
Hey guys actually speaking, this is a gud comparison......

Shivaji:
S* - ultimate star
AVM - big production house
ARR - Global figure but a weak link for tamil movies
Shankar - director with 85.7% success rate after 13 yrs in industry

V V:
Kamal - the best in the industry but is he more successful than S*?
HJ - Red hot with all he touches turning gold...
Gautham - the new gen director who can weave magic on screen

sadly, these movies are not releasing at the same time......... :D

dinesh2002
24th January 2006, 02:35 PM
i dunno what u guys get by bashing up Shivaji by only completing about 10 % of his whole shooting...sheeesh! :roll: lets take this way then.... music will beat shivaji...as ARR has lost his ground in tamil according to many here,shivaji will go down the drain when it releases....looks like many would like it that way....

Alien
24th January 2006, 06:54 PM
ARR music can't b beaten !!! :P .....Shivaji will definitely triumph hands down in that category , unless HJ produces somthin really extraordinary......

stranger
24th January 2006, 09:06 PM
It is not about ARR and it is about ill-wishes about Rajni. Some dont get sleep unless they attempt to bring down rajni at least once a day NOTE: it does not matter to them even if VV and Shivaji are released in a gap of 5 month time and it does not matter to them if the thread is all about VV music . They are cursed and it is a pity. I have seen a guy who was praising shankar so much when CM and anniyan were about to release on the same date. Now he is all for Gautam! Not everybody has a short memory like him unfortunately :lol:

multinamatheyan
24th January 2006, 10:10 PM
I'm looking forward to Shivaji music. Shankar-ARR combo has always produced interesting music. :thumbsup:

stranger
28th January 2006, 05:54 AM
Now I get the picture, according to "Slperson" the only thing which matters in deciding the fate of a movie is "God HJR's' presence"!

He is the one who decides the fate of a movie!

Let us build a temple for God, HJR too! In that way we can make slperson happy at least or not? :roll:

Well, all kinds of people to make the world. :notworthy:

slperson1
28th January 2006, 08:57 AM
Now i get the picture.stranger is no stranger to stupidity.whend i mention HJ?i said VV seems like itll give Sivaji a run for its money from the slick trailer that was seen on the site.Gauthem is a good director.no masala nonsense just good cinema.so where did i say anythin abt HJ?dont talk about someone if u have nuthin to back it up.

stranger
30th January 2006, 08:39 PM
so where did i say anythin abt HJ?dont talk about someone if u have nuthin to back it up.

Slperson!

You dont have to say it. I can see through it. Never mind, it is a pity you are finding hard to understand yourself.! :lol:

slperson1
30th January 2006, 10:30 PM
Its a shame idiots like u have internet access.

stranger
30th January 2006, 11:24 PM
Anniyan - good movie & story - super hit
God Father - masala entertainer maybe good movie & story - hit
Sachin - maybe good story - might get postponed - hit
Mumbai Xpress - good movie - will go either way overall but will be a hit over seas and in urban areas
Gajini - good movie - postponed - but will be a hit
Priyasahi - good movie - postponed or early - prolli will recover costs but not a hit cuz people want same old same old
Chandramuki - mediocre movie storywise - recover costs and make profit - the normal movie goer might be satisfied if rajini antics taken away and if so itll be a super hit otherwise might fade away.

Also, I think Thotti Jaya and Adhu Oru Kaalam will change their release dates.

Last edited by slperson1 on Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

What made you to predict, anniyan as a super hit THEN???

and now calling the SAME Shankar (in his NEXT MOVIE :shock:) as a masala directer, GENIUS? :roll:

slperson1
31st January 2006, 05:54 AM
wow stupid and illiterate.ur answer is in ur post u retard.
"Anniyan - good movie & story - super hit"
Even Anniyan was a masalasized movie.would have been better without the masala elements.
when did i say sivaji would flop?
never did.
why do u keep posting?ur making urself look like a fool.

stranger
31st January 2006, 06:10 AM
why are you losing your temper now :?:

I already admitted that u r a GENIUS! :)

I thought you will be consistent and still think Shankar can win again. I wonder why do you favor gautam menon here?!

Then I thought your love for

HJR over ARR

KH over RK

made you misjusging the outcome of VV vs Shivaji!

Dont go on lose your temper, GENIUS! :smile2:

slperson1
31st January 2006, 06:36 AM
Why are you even talking?
you still make no sense.
The options arent the same like they were during anniyan and chandramuhki time.i wonder why u keep talking nonsense?more baseless comments by you.still i dont know why u bring HJ and ARR in becuz i havent mentioned either yet.

I said VV will give shivaji a run for its money.which means itll give it stiff competition.didnt make a comment about which one will do better than the other.

now my question to you.why are u even talking?u make comments without a base consistently.why dont u try reading the posts before replying instead of just rambling?

stranger
31st January 2006, 06:54 AM
Do you think, you are only one who knows how to SWEAR in the HUB??? :twisted:

Why are you even talking?

Should I get your approval to post anything in YOUR thread :?:

Dont you get on in my nerve! :twisted:

i dont know why u bring HJ and ARR in becuz i havent mentioned either yet.

You should have kept away from SHIVAJI, at the FIRST place!

why did you bring up SHIVAJI here ??? :twisted:

ANSWER that first and then I will answer your question!

slperson1
31st January 2006, 08:18 AM
well seeing how i havent used any swear words dont know what ur gettin at.

if these are how all ur replies are,i do think you should get my approval before u waste space on this forum.let me help, dont post.

why should i have kept away from sivaji?my post said i believe VV will give sivaji a run for its money.ur bs post brining in HJ & ARR said that i thought VV would out do sivaji due to HJ.thats ludacris becuz i never said that nor did i say sivaji would lose to VV.

so once again i ask you where did u come up with this bs?becuz for the past 2 pages u havent been able to back up anything.

dinesh2002
31st January 2006, 09:56 AM
yo guys....cool it!!! stranger, people nowdays tend to predict on movie base on some factors,as for slperson1,i dunno which, but me seeing it here,he is supporting the movie after watching the trailor of VV,that is fine,but ur comparing it with a movie [shivaji] which u havent seen a single second of its trailor or any part of its movie,all we have now is that 2 poster !!! and yet he brings shivaji in...its like that 2 poster is giving big impact to its competitors :P ..so i say WHEN shivaji arrives,it would push VV in the drain... :lol: JK! oh well, lets wish VV a good collection and shivaji a good collection too!! 8-)

m_23_bayarea
1st February 2006, 06:26 AM
Dinesh ... :thumbsup:

MADDY
3rd February 2006, 11:19 AM
Well said Dinesh....

:D

stranger
4th February 2006, 12:11 AM
Honestly, I think it is a challenge for both Gautam Menon and Shankar. And for both KH and Rajnikanth as well, as they just met each other very recently.

However, "literally" Dinesh may be right. By the time Shavji hits the silver screen VV would have crossed 100 days and the fate of it would have been decided.

At least for me, it is not easy to predict "outcome" of a movie from the trailers for sure! :lol:

dinesh2002
6th February 2006, 09:26 AM
Honestly, I think it is a challenge for both Gautam Menon and Shankar. And for both KH and Rajnikanth as well, as they just met each other very recently.

However, "literally" Dinesh may be right. By the time Shavji hits the silver screen VV would have crossed 100 days and the fate of it would have been decided.

At least for me, it is not easy to predict "outcome" of a movie from the trailers for sure! :lol:

well lets see.... :wink:

Dreamchaser
11th February 2006, 03:42 PM
Audio Release on Feb 17th !

baba88
11th February 2006, 05:10 PM
Audio Release on February 25th.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14138203

thamizhvaanan
11th February 2006, 05:58 PM
Audio release on Feb 31st

interz
11th February 2006, 08:06 PM
Audio release on Feb 31st :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Music4Ever
11th February 2006, 09:13 PM
Hmm, even in the matter of audio release data, HJ seems to follow ARR, though not of his own volition. It is amusing to note that as Godfather audio release keeps getting postponed by a week as each week progresses, the same happens to VV.

What have we now? I guess, then, that VV will compete with GF in the audio sales stakes. If Kaaka and Kaaka is any indication, VV must be one heck of an album from HJ. Let's see.

Another point to note is that there has been at least one HJ competitor whenever an ARR audio released in recent times. KV versus Lesa lesa, Boys versus Kaaka Kaaka, Ah Aha versus TJ and Gajini and so on.

njv
12th February 2006, 05:40 PM
Another point to note is that there has been at least one HJ competitor whenever an ARR audio released in recent times. KV versus Lesa lesa, Boys versus Kaaka Kaaka, Ah Aha versus TJ and Gajini and so on.

Dont take it that way. Our folks release movie only on "special" occasions, like tamil newyear, pongal, diwali etc, so chances of releasing audio at the same time is unavoidable. For this year, the biggest expectation for me atleast is VV and JOK. Rest of the album doesnt interest me at all (including IR movies listed so far (:)

Kamalan
13th February 2006, 06:15 AM
VV will kick baddies out of market :twisted: :twisted:

njv
13th February 2006, 06:43 PM
VV will kick baddies out of market :twisted: :twisted:
Baddies is already out of the market, i mean Aathi is out of many theatres already :D

interz
13th February 2006, 08:42 PM
seems like producers of VV are having trouble, so be patient if the audio release and movie release gets delayed

njv
13th February 2006, 08:52 PM
seems like producers of VV are having trouble, so be patient if the audio release and movie release gets delayed
Y'day there was an interview with 7th channel narayanan and he mentioned that movie will be released on apr 14th and the news about VV trouble are rumours.

buvana
14th February 2006, 11:34 AM
The rap singers seem to belong to the Top CURRY Band of America which was recorded by HJ in a NY studio. That is the first song in the movie, may be the movie itself starts with that song.

mumbaixpress
14th February 2006, 06:05 PM
It's release official(?) on March 5 in the presence of senior police officials.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/20419.html

Vysar
20th February 2006, 08:25 PM
Harris Jayaraj's interesting interview where he talks about ARR/YSR/Vidyasaagar

http://www.dinamalar.com/2006feb20/kumudam.asp#5

dinesh2002
20th February 2006, 09:40 PM
Harris Jayaraj's interesting interview where he talks about ARR/YSR/Vidyasaagar

http://www.dinamalar.com/2006feb20/kumudam.asp#5

he said he likes ARR's Mayilirage,YSR's Ninaithu2 parthen & VS's Raa Raa rite?????? he said this in his interview in indiaglitz too....video number 8 i think..... hahah...eagerly waiting for Mayilirage Part 2 :lol: ... Just kidding guysz..... enjoy VV songs!

rashid2raj
20th February 2006, 11:14 PM
Do anyone know any details/links about his new Digi Design D control thing?? Could not find anything.. :roll:

buvana
21st February 2006, 08:28 AM
The Digi Design was supplied and installed by Apple Macintosh people for Jayaraj, but even ARR is their customer. Recently, when I attended a conference headed by Mr.Ahlgren of Apple Computers here, in a brochure handed out to us, both the names were mentioned as regular customers. My friend's brother in chennai who is an audio engg student had visited Trinity Studio for some internship and he also apprised us of that Digi Design matter. Probably audio engg students would be able to tell better as to what it is exactly.

Music4Ever
23rd February 2006, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know the song list of VV? When will the soundtrack be out? With the stupendous success of Minnale and Kaaka Kaaka, Harris would be all set to make a hatrick with VV. Any interviews of Harris out there talking about his music in VV?

rashid2raj
23rd February 2006, 11:28 PM
The Digi Design was supplied and installed by Apple Macintosh people for Jayaraj, but even ARR is their customer. Recently, when I attended a conference headed by Mr.Ahlgren of Apple Computers here, in a brochure handed out to us, both the names were mentioned as regular customers. My friend's brother in chennai who is an audio engg student had visited Trinity Studio for some internship and he also apprised us of that Digi Design matter. Probably audio engg students would be able to tell better as to what it is exactly.

Thx. for info :D

njv
24th February 2006, 08:12 AM

buvana oru !

buvana
24th February 2006, 08:29 AM

buvana oru !

Thanks, for not writing kelvikkuri (?) .. :)

Arjuna
4th March 2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.ayngaran.com/MusicReviews.jsp

u can listen to Vettaiyadu Vilayadu songs (1 min samples ) from the above site!!!

rashid2raj
4th March 2006, 11:53 PM
http://www.ayngaran.com/MusicReviews.jsp

u can listen to Vettaiyadu Vilayadu songs (1 min samples ) from the above site!!!

Thx. for links Arjuna..
Just heard the Thirupathi preview songs.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Daaamn, to hell with Baradwaj and his music.. :hammer:
VV ... Manjal Veil intro sound good.. Need full songs to comment! Sound typical Harris'

baba88
5th March 2006, 12:37 AM
On the first listening of VV samples they sounded like Kakka Kakka songs. But like rashid2raj said, we need full songs to comment

Djpak
5th March 2006, 12:51 AM
[quote=Arjuna]http://www.ayngaran.com/MusicReviews.jsp

Thx. for links Arjuna..
Just heard the Thirupathi preview songs.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Daaamn, to hell with Baradwaj and his musi

Haha yeah :banghead:
Idhuku oru superstar vunum to release (songs)

rashid2raj
5th March 2006, 12:59 AM
Idhuku oru superstar vunum to release (songs)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

slperson1
5th March 2006, 03:34 AM
www.uyirvani.com for the samples

slperson1
5th March 2006, 03:36 AM
http://www.ayngaran.com/musicplaylist/vettaiyaaduvilaiyaadu.html

thats teh exact link to the ayn website for the 3 samples
theres 3 up but only 2 of em work

kaarka kaarka - the one from the trailer
manjal veyil

very much disappointed with kaarka kaarka it starts off just like the trailer but then the punch dies out.

etc1bin
5th March 2006, 10:19 AM
Hi All,
Saw in T.Nagar yesterday(04/Mar/2006) a poster saying that VV audio is going to be released. Any idea on whether it is today or tomorrow that they are going to release it?

Thanks,
Etc1Bin

slperson1
5th March 2006, 10:25 AM
march 5th

Sanjeevi
5th March 2006, 03:24 PM
Yaaravathu ella padalgalaiyum ketteengala :roll:

A.ANAND
5th March 2006, 05:57 PM
ingga malaysia local radiola nettu VV adpromo ketten.all songs regular typical hj.nothing new sound..one song like kaaka kaaka 'oru oril'..but goog melody, song by b.jayasree and unnimenon.i thing gf is very good album in recent time...

Ramakrishna
5th March 2006, 08:32 PM
Have the songs come online?

ansa400
5th March 2006, 09:48 PM
[tscii:dc890baa9a]http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14155750
`VV` audio launched!

By Moviebuzz | Sunday, 05 March , 2006, 17:19

The audio launch function of Vetayadu Vilayadu (`VV`) one of the most eagerly awaited films at Sathyam Cinemas in Chennai was held today morning. It was a long winded and elaborate affair which tested the patience of the audience for nearly three hours.
The Sathyam theatre was jam packed with fans and guests waiting outside for a glimpse of their favourite stars of the tinsel world. The function was packaged to suit the needs of a three hour television programme to be shown on Sun TV. The programme started with a live music concert with songs from Harris Jayaraj and Kamal Hassan films sung by Unni Menon, Chinmaye, Karthik, Tippu, Sunitha Sarathy, Sreelekha Parthasarathy, Mahathi and Shalini.

And what followed next were marathon speeches by a dozen people like Parthipan, Vivek, Vijay, Arya, Simbu, Sibiraj, directors- Hari, Saran, Dharani, Writer Sujatha, lyricist Thamarai, cameraman Ravi Varman, Bharathiraaja, Gautham, AVM Saravanan and the chief guest City Police Commissioner Nataraj. The audio was launched by Kamal, Jyothika with the rest of the crew of the film.

A song from the film “Vennilave..Velli..Velli Nilave…” shot in against the New York City was screened for the audience. It was choreographed brilliantly by Brinda and showed one day in the life of Kamal and Jyothika from morning till night. It has the Gautham touch and this melodious number is a sure chartbuster.

[/tscii:dc890baa9a]

ansa400
5th March 2006, 09:50 PM
It has the Gautham touch and this melodious number is a sure chartbuster.

According to sify.com, each & every album released is a sure chartbuster :lol:

rashid2raj
5th March 2006, 11:08 PM
According to sify.com, each & every album released is a sure chartbuster :lol:

:lol:

rashid2raj
6th March 2006, 06:12 PM
Between what happened to audio?? :?

njv
6th March 2006, 06:14 PM
I heard its coming out on 10th (:

rashid2raj
6th March 2006, 06:24 PM
I heard its coming out on 10th (:

2 bad :P

baba88
6th March 2006, 07:25 PM
It will compete with Jillenu Oru Kadhal. Let's what happens

Ramakrishna
6th March 2006, 07:26 PM
It will compete with Jillenu Oru Kadhal. Let's what happens

When is JOK audio releasing?

ezy0265
6th March 2006, 09:02 PM
When the cows come home!

Please don't talk about JOK now, it is too premature at this stage...knowing our ARR....he will take ages for each movie cracking his head....look at his forum other than Godfather there are full of announcements and thats all to it..only announcements and folks talking and talking about it trying to give him a busy image! Very sad.

baba88
6th March 2006, 09:43 PM
When the cows come home!

Please don't talk about JOK now, it is too premature at this stage...knowing our ARR....he will take ages for each movie cracking his head....look at his forum other than Godfather there are full of announcements and thats all to it..only announcements and folks talking and talking about it trying to give him a busy image! Very sad.

What are you talking ? Surya said in an interview that the movie is releasing in April so the audio comes this month like VV.

rashid2raj
6th March 2006, 10:20 PM
When the cows come home!

The cows come home in this month here in Denmark,.. :D

It was not ARR, but the producers who delayed the soundtrack, i believe.. :huh:

Kanna
7th March 2006, 12:50 PM
Watch out this space frequently from now on. VV may get released anytime...

BUT, PLEASE BUY A ORIGINAL CD/CASSETTE WHEN IT RELEASES

http://www.tamilmasala.net/Songs.asp

Kanna
7th March 2006, 03:47 PM
Here's a link which says, the young heroes are facing hard times now. They are realizing that to stay in the field, they must do something refreshing every film, otherwise they will not survive.

Come and embrace Alwarpet Andavar's path of doing something new in every other film, otherwise you'll soon become another Prabhu, Karthik, Mohan, Murali, etc..

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14156462

kamalsurya
7th March 2006, 08:34 PM
The VV crew just finshed the audio release but not sure when is it coming out on cds and on the net or is out alr??

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/9257.html[/quote]

kingvj
8th March 2006, 12:48 AM
VV audio cassettes and CDs are released today. Saw an ad in The Hindu two days back 'wait for 2 days'.

Kanna
8th March 2006, 01:46 PM
As I said earlier, VV MP3 is released at http://www.tamilmasala.net/main.asp?id=255
ENSOYYYYYYYYYYYY

Kanna
8th March 2006, 02:06 PM
Here's the other link...

1) KARKA KARKA
http://www.tamilnapster.com/download.php?id=990

2)MANJAL VEIYIL
http://www.tamilnapster.com/download.php?id=991

3)NERUPPE
http://www.tamilnapster.com/download.php?id=992

4)PARTHA MUDHAL
http://www.tamilnapster.com/download.php?id=993

5)UYIRILE
http://www.tamilnapster.com/download.php?id=994

rsubras
8th March 2006, 02:44 PM
Songs are defintely good. Although there is nothing like HJ special touch (probably i might get to feel of such in subsequent hearings) the songs sounds good on first hearing. Definitely a hit material and with Gautam's help can go bigger than Ghajini. As usual there are traces of earlier HJ songs, particularly "Suttum vizhi sudare" in one song ( i dont remember which one, coz i have heared only once).

Kanna
8th March 2006, 02:49 PM
"Suttum vizhi sudare" in one song ( i dont remember which one, coz i have heared only once).

You probably refer to "Partha Mudhal". That's because of Bombay Jayashree

alwarpet_andavan
8th March 2006, 02:49 PM
As usual there are traces of earlier HJ songs, particularly "Suttum vizhi sudare" in one song ( i dont remember which one, coz i have heared only once).
Paartha Mudhal - Bombay Jayashree

thamizhvaanan
8th March 2006, 04:49 PM
listening to the songs for the first time, only halfway through and already found HJ repeating a tune ( i didnt listen with an intention to pick one, but this one was sticking its head out).
In the second song 'sikki mukki nerupae', charanam is like a portion from ullam ketkume title song. listen to the portion from 3:30 and 2:00, the second charanam is more prominent. apart from that, the song is pleasing to the ears(some gud interludes).
first one was really good. Gud rap(better than YSR's raps) and likeable tune. i will still reserve my views.
yet to listen to the other songs.

thamizhvaanan
8th March 2006, 04:52 PM
3rd song (manjal veiyil) song is really good. has got a 'light' feel to it. but old tune nevertheless. the song is still playing and not yet over and still very pleasing to hear.

thamizhvaanan
8th March 2006, 05:00 PM
listening to the 4th song (partha mudal). i was expecting another slow melody after seeing Bombay jayashree's name. but its quite different. Infact its quite a strange song. fast beats slow tune and even slower singing. unni menon is mellisonant as usual. the song again is pleasing. but all fastfood stuff so far. this is my first hearing and i see a popular album in this. All The Best HJ!!!

vasanth2006
8th March 2006, 05:03 PM
regarding manjal veyil song,

rhythms is definitely reminds "entrenrum punnagai" from alaipayuthe.

starting tune is reminds "ayirathil naan oruvan" from iruvar.

interlude guidar bit is little bit reminds the guidar bit in the "eno gangal" from kalvanin kadhali".

even though it reminds many songs, it is an excellent song.

suresh_17
8th March 2006, 05:49 PM
another hit from harris jayaraj..

all the best... :D :D :D

kokarako
8th March 2006, 07:06 PM
Definitely expected more from a gautham-harris combi. it is disappointing to have the same old tunes.

baba88
8th March 2006, 07:22 PM
This album can't touch Minnale and Kakka Kakka. Karka Karka songs sounds a bit like Thenali Intro song. And Manja Vejil has the beat of one song of Backstreet Boys or NSYNC (not sure)

inetk
8th March 2006, 07:35 PM
100 words! As usual!
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

ansa400
8th March 2006, 07:36 PM
The opening tune in the KArka Karka song reminds me of the the Opening credit(Title) tune from SWADES(just a lil bit)

slperson1
8th March 2006, 07:46 PM
1:50ish to 2:05ish from Kaarka Kaarka strongly reminds me of another song but I can't put my finger on it.Recent release, anyone remember the name of the tune?

the only thing that is new and different in this album is the rap in kaarka kaarka, what's different you may ask?it's actually a good rap put into a tamil song which goes with the song. Unlike yuvan's raps which seem so misplaced and amateurish.Blaaze comes out with some decent lyrics once in awhile but nothing like kaarka kaarka. Props to the new rapper.

popeye11
8th March 2006, 07:59 PM
Paatu Super! Especially Manjal Veyil, Partha Mudhal.. sure to top the charts!
TFM is getting to its best! With quality music coming from different sources!
Puthupettai, Pattiyal, GF and now its VV
A good job done to Harris! :thumbsup:

interz
8th March 2006, 08:03 PM
Another masterpiece by Harris Jeyaraj after Ghajini, i'm sure the songs will be heartrobbers among youngsters.

My pick is Paartha Muthal, bombay jeyasree's voice is soo extravagant.

rashid2raj
8th March 2006, 08:21 PM
Sounds good on first listening.. Songs are fresh! Just don't know for how long they'll stay freshed :D

Ramakrishna
8th March 2006, 08:21 PM
Where can i hear the songs online?

baba88
8th March 2006, 08:32 PM
You can download the songs at www.tamilmp3tracks.com
But I don't know where you can listen to them online.

pirathib
8th March 2006, 10:53 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! VV ROCKS!!! PARTHA MUTHAL GONNA ROCK THE WORLD! IM TOTALLY ADDICTED TO THAT SONG I HAVE TI HEAR IT ALL THE TIME!!! ALL SONGS OF GODFATHER ARE NOT EVEN THE FOOTDUST OF PARTHA MUTHAL WORTH!!! HARRIS IS ALWAYS NO.1 :)

Sanjeevi
8th March 2006, 11:00 PM
HARRIS IS ALWAYS NO.1

:rotfl:

jegansavannah
8th March 2006, 11:39 PM
the one music director whom cant be no 1 in tfm to my observation is HJ.. coz hez no way unique though his some works are good.,he z successful coz he lives in the shades of ARR. As of me he dissappoints a lot especially when it comes to rerecording...nothg much to say ...to me HJ is always NO 1 is A GOOD JOKE..but itz your opinion i respect it

rashid2raj
8th March 2006, 11:43 PM
1:50ish to 2:05ish from Kaarka Kaarka strongly reminds me of another song but I can't put my finger on it.Recent release, anyone remember the name of the tune?

Isnt it from Vijay's Sakkarai Nilave song??? Can't remember which movie that was from.. Even the Neruppu song has a piece similar to Kanavukal Periya, from Ullam Ketkume! Listen from 3:25 :P

rashid2raj
8th March 2006, 11:45 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!! VV ROCKS!!! PARTHA MUTHAL GONNA ROCK THE WORLD! IM TOTALLY ADDICTED TO THAT SONG I HAVE TI HEAR IT ALL THE TIME!!! ALL SONGS OF GODFATHER ARE NOT EVEN THE FOOTDUST OF PARTHA MUTHAL WORTH!!! HARRIS IS ALWAYS NO.1 :)

Good for you... :banghead:

m_23_bayarea
9th March 2006, 03:29 AM
I just heard the songs once ... I really love em ... Though I see some resemblence in some songs to earlier tunes, I dont think it really matters much ... The songs are gonna become chartbusters ... HJ is proving time and over again ... And the movie will also make it BIG ....

Now I wonder what Gurunaathar ARR and Thalaivar Rajini are gonna come up with ... The expectations are growing day by day !!! :D :D

pirathib
9th March 2006, 04:04 AM
if you gonna accept or not...harris will one day replace a.r.rahman im hundet person sure....because his song have a new and different style...which is like a new trend...and his work is sooo neat...godfather is good especilally innisai but the rest lacks of quality...as for now harris is ont the same level like rahman..but he will impove himself even more and more

m_23_bayarea
9th March 2006, 04:08 AM
Well I'm not sure abt thatt ... Sounds like an overstatement to me ... Remember Gurunaathar ARR was the one who revolutionized Tamil music and took it global ... I agree, HJ is very popular right now ... And I really like him right from Minnale till date ... But to say he'll replace ARR is not justifiable ... This is just my opinion .... :D :D

njv
9th March 2006, 04:19 AM
if you gonna accept or not...harris will one day replace a.r.rahman im hundet person sure....because his song have a new and different style...which is like a new trend...and his work is sooo neat...godfather is good especilally innisai but the rest lacks of quality...as for now harris is ont the same level like rahman..but he will impove himself even more and more

HJ replace a.r.rahman - hmm... the best way to answer to this is not answer at all.

sloshed
9th March 2006, 04:49 AM
I havent heard VV as yet.... wheres dinesh gone.. I bet he must be busy figuring the sources... will hear it tonite.... from the posts .. i am guessing its a decent album..

And for the one who commented on HJ BGM's skillss.. the best way to answer you is not to answer you at all... thanks njv

ansa400
9th March 2006, 06:47 AM

Couple of songs are good and even if it becomes a hit its not a surprise, but ultimately its nothing but a rehash of his old tunes.Of course, this is what we expect from HJ, but not from HJ-Gowtham combo atleast. The TFM scene is such that even if we reproduce an old tune without an alteration it will surely become a hit. No one is goin to complain abt it. Few of YSR songs are a nice example. So u cannot claim that HJ has replaced ARR with this short cut to success.

aravind82
9th March 2006, 07:36 AM
Take a few spoons of Ullam Ketkume, add to it a few drops of Lesa Lesa, a pinch of Minnale, and an ounce of Ghajini... you get VV....

HJ will never change... he has a set of tunes.... rehashes them for all his movies.... that's what he has done for VV too.. But at least he lifts from his own music, unlike Yuvan :)

Neruppe - lots of stuff from Ullam Ketkume (especially from 2:04 - straight from Ullam Ketkume) and Lesa Lesa...
For the Karka Karka guitar interlude (1:29) is heavily inspired from the guitar interlude in Azhagiya theeye (Minnale) which itself was heavily inspired from the second interlude (3:58) in Mustafa Mustafa (Kadhal Desam)!!!
And of course, the charanams in Karka Karka are straight from Sakkarai Nilave which in itself was blatantly lifted from Uppu karuvadu (the "le le le le" bit in second interlude - 3:39) !!!

All these were obvious to me in the very first hearing!!! Donno how many more will crop up as i listen to it again!

sureshmehcnit
9th March 2006, 09:55 AM
Here is my review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/03/vettaiyadu-vilayadu-music-review.html

dinesh2002
9th March 2006, 10:03 AM

Isnt it from Vijay's Sakkarai Nilave song??? Can't remember which movie that was from.. Even the Neruppu song has a piece similar to Kanavukal Periya, from Ullam Ketkume! Listen from 3:25 :P

that tune that was used in 1:56 is " lei lei lei lei lei lei .... Uppu Karuvadu - Mudhalvan"....i dunno y...but that part is famousely used in Saakkarai nilave,and Romeo Juliet poi than song from february 14 also.

dinesh2002
9th March 2006, 10:09 AM

thzts what most ur type saying [harris jaldra/fans] :lol: ,but ever since from Minnale untill VV...i never fail to listen ARR's music in his music...so how is he gonna replace ARR...??? u dun hear IR's music in ARR's music ALL the time!! come on...u know Harris is overhyped...yea...he can give GOOD LISTENABLE music..but not a pathbreaking, he just follows the flow/path created by ARR.he was supose to do something groundbreaking music in anniyan...but end up with ARRs music here & there...untill he shows what he is really capable of....i wont even think he can beat YSR...YSR has created a song so close to my heart that Hj's song cannot go there....Theenda Theenda - TI...leave the sick lyrics out...check the tune & arrangements.... :thumbsup:

ps : manjal veyil really reminds me of an old IR song...esp the part 3:20 - 3:35.... and def has the endrendrum punnagai flavour ....

reagan87
9th March 2006, 10:49 AM

Dude! you've seriously lost your mind ! HJ is simply a clone of A.R. Rahman. Nothing spectacular neither a trendsetter. To get into a level as same as A.R. Rahman, he would definitely need to get pass Yuvan first. Cuz this fellow here has some serious talent which sometimes goes unnoticed for some stupid reasons.

m_23_bayarea
9th March 2006, 10:57 AM
To my fellow ARR fans : What are we doin here ?? Why are we all after pirai trying to justify ARR is the best and HJ is just a clone etc etc .. Isnt he entitled to his opinion ?? Just curious !! :? :? :?

NormalMan
9th March 2006, 11:39 AM
OK listened to the album. Here is the recipe,
- what will I get if I morph "endrendum punnagai" from alaipayuthe
- reincarnate "sutrum vizhi sudare"
- repaint "kaakha kaakha"
- and add a whole lot of other crap.

Man this HJ guy should be banned from using the "soosa moosa" kind of shouting. Romba romba sumaar album. But I will bet, it will be a hit.

Scale
9th March 2006, 12:07 PM
if you gonna accept or not...harris will one day replace a.r.rahman im hundet person sure....

pirathib, Why so much confusion?

Bay, note this!. Isnt this what lead to comparison now?. FYI reagan, ansa & njv are mostly unbiased .

Your blame ARR fans hate HJ is atrocious on a general persepective apart from those plenty of ripoffs & inspirations from earlier ARR songs. (good find ansa)

I am staying away deliberately "KH's songs gels better with movies"& to conclude songs fate is too early now. (Take Anniyan & Gajini songs for HJ).

IMO, Time and again proves that KH's opiniated mind towards Maestro IR skips him interacting with other MD's inorder to extract the best songs musically. None can match & do justice like IR to him (obviously).

rajasaranam
9th March 2006, 12:35 PM
Paartha mudhal and manjal veyil are songs that instantly grabs your attention for the catchy rhythms over simple tunes.The rendering of paartha mudhal by Unni and Bombay jayashree sounds different as though listening to some old song. 'Uyirilae' is a cheap recreation of 'Vaseegara' . When is he going to stop this :roll: . ['Enna paarkiriaai' from 'Thavamaai' was the best in recent times in this genre] . 'Neruppae' is a peppy romantic no. while 'Karka karka' is a intro number which will be best suited for the screen.
Overall a fair attempt from HJ. And my pick of the album is 'Paartha Mudhal' a sure chartbuster for its simple melody and nice rhythms. :thumbsup:

suresh_17
9th March 2006, 04:32 PM

Dude! you've seriously lost your mind ! HJ is simply a clone of A.R. Rahman. Nothing spectacular neither a trendsetter. To get into a level as same as A.R. Rahman, he would definitely need to get pass Yuvan first. Cuz this fellow here has some serious talent which sometimes goes unnoticed for some stupid reasons.

harris clone of ar rahman?

so ar rahman clone of DR.ALBAN..

most of his song was copy from DR.ALBAN..

ok?

http://itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

yuvan is copy master.just remake the song.
yuvan=deva
ar rahman is genius but nowdays harris is better.

dinesh2002
9th March 2006, 04:41 PM

ok?

yuvan=deva

no offence...but eithier ur blind or menttaly disturbed....the line there clearly shows :

The beats are similar to a track by Dr Alban, 'Om we rembwe ike'. Note that Dr Alban himself uses a lot of commercially available loops and CDs to create songs!

if u still saying ARR clone of dr alban.... then u qualify for both the pattam i gave u :lol: :lol: :lol:

harris better?? yea reharsh ARR 90s songs & give now....yenpa sollumate!! :lol:

suresh_17
9th March 2006, 04:53 PM
i wont even think he can beat YSR...YSR has created a song so close to my heart that Hj's song cannot go there......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good joke.harris cant beat yuvan

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

is it any talent with yuvan?

harris is far better thn yuvan..

and... why nowdays, ar rahman cant give hit like bombay, roja and...??

and another most of ar rahman tune was reharsh of ilayaraja tune.

Pavan
9th March 2006, 04:58 PM

You need some serious rethinking---Consult some doctor or take some medicine please..we want all our frnds in this forum to be mentally strong..Please consult your doctor soon and get well soon..

From All the Members here..

Ramakrishna
9th March 2006, 05:03 PM
U CAN HERE THE SONGS ONLINE HERE:
http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/vettaiyadu_vilaiyadu_songs.cfm

Pavan
9th March 2006, 05:22 PM
To be Honest these are my views...

This Place is to Discus the music and not to compare..but there r some insane guys here..who dont shut up and start behaving like kids..

Its you Lunatic fellows..if song is good..then limit your view to it..Dont over react and compare with a person who has achieved wat others cannot even dream off..

One Word for You Hj fans..making idiotic and insane comments.just Shut Up..

If You can comment on music then comment..dont bring in ARR and compare ...and get urself beat up from the music fans here..

thamizhvaanan
9th March 2006, 05:56 PM
and... why nowdays, ar rahman cant give hit like bombay, roja and...??

it is not like ar rahman isnt giving hit. he is still coming out with chartbusters. if you think so, it may be bcoz you are living in some kinda secluded world (probably a lunatic asylum) or ur ignorance is blinding u.

and u said, arr lifts IR's tunes... well i have got nothing to say, there is no point in explainin to sub-intellectuals.

p.s: VV's songs are good and will surely become a chartbuster (sad that i had to say this in p.s :) )

rashid2raj
9th March 2006, 06:30 PM
and another most of ar rahman tune was reharsh of ilayaraja tune.

What nonsens is this??? :? Which ARR-song has Ilayaraja tune? ARR and IR are the only ones, who still remain ORIGINAL in these "copying-times"! FACT!!!!!!

krish244
9th March 2006, 07:01 PM
My impressions:

1) Uyirile: This song impressed me the most. A very good melody with simple but effective beats. Good singing by Srinivas & Mahalakshmi, especially Srinivas. The strings section that comes after Srinivas ("vaa vandhu...") sings in the second charanam is pretty good. The beginning of this strings..somehow took me to IR era. Probably the pattern. Strange that the strings does not accompany Mahalakshmi ("idhu nadandhida kooduma..") in the first charanam. Strange are the ways composers create!

2) Manjal Veiyil: The way "Vennilave.." tune starts took me parts of "Kannum Kannum Nokia". The way "Manjal.." also reminds me of some other song...but dont remember. Beats has a Boyzone/Endrendrum flavour. Could have avoided that. I liked the sax piece. Dont know who sings "Yaaro..." during/after the 2nd charanam... so much of nasal tone! Neverthless, this song is ok, not bad.

3) Karka Karka: Catchy number. Harris always chooses good rythm to accompany his tune.

4) Neruppe: The rhythm/drum beats that accompanies the song certainly reminds me the famous hindi pop dance number (the beats of this number was supposedly highly inspired from an english number, which in turn had some bappi lahiri tune in it...forgot the song). Almost same beat/rhythm pattern is also used in some song the movie JayJay (sung by Mirchi FM Suchitra??). Never expected Harris will come with his version of the same beats. Neverthless, tune is a little different & catchy.

5) Paartha Mudhal: Serious hangover from "Suttum Vizhi". I guess he deliberately keeps the tune very flat without much (or any) variations (maybe to make it catchy). Something wrong when Unni menon ends with "naanum mazhai aanen" (when he sings the pallavi for the first time). Did anyone notice it? He somehow manages to end it much better at the end of first charanam. The nadaswaram/synth sound in second interlude reminds of harris's earlier interludes.

On the whole an ok album. Catchy tune + a perfect matching & simple rhythm seems to be his winning formula. Sometimes I feel if he tunes a song keeping in mind the rhythm pattern :). On the whole Harris needs to experiment much more. "Uyirile" certainly impressed me.

Surprising that Kamal did not sing a single song. Usually he sings atleast one song. But I feel none of the tunes of VV would have suited his style of singing.

thanks,

Krishnan

A.ANAND
9th March 2006, 07:52 PM
catchy rythamme ella songsla vachikittu innum ettana nallukuthan ottaporaro unga hj.meendum meendum ore mathiri rtyham and loops.muthalla music compose pannatheriyanum..verum software vechikittu music pannakudathu..itha muthalla harris purichikanum!!!!!ithuvaraikkum puthusa enna panni irukkar.music compose eppadi pannarathunnu muthalla arr's BOSE,MEENACHI,SWADES.KKS,AE,RDB albumlam poi nalla kekkasollunga!!!!!!!

reagan87
9th March 2006, 09:18 PM

ok?

yuvan=deva

This is why i've stated earlier that Yuvan's talents goes unnoticed for some stupid reasons by some dumbass! But nevermind, i would rather have Yuvan goin unnoticed by this idiot music illiterates than to being likened or favoured because this definitely gonna ruin Yuvan's reputation by having one of the far worst fans like what HJ is goin through at the moment. I've got to say, its definitely HJ's fans that are ruining his own career. But nevertheless, HJ isn't great either as he's almost equivalent to S.A. Rajkumar though the latter does wins hands down. :rotfl:

Poor HJ churning out repeated stuffs over and over again for the past 2 years ? no, 5 ? I'm sorry guys but then i still cant recall how long he has been doin this since i've been hearing this same thing over and over again. Everytime when i hope for a new stuff from HJ but then he still gives us the same tune again. I mean, what's the problem with this fellow? Is he actually having some kind of syndrome, lets say Short Term Memory Loss ? For he has been forgetting that he has created the same tune before! Oh goodness, i would really hope Muragadoss teaches poor HJ some method to remember tunes that he has created before. God save HJ!

Ooops, i guess god is pretty fed up himself that he has washed his hands. :P

Ramakrishna
9th March 2006, 09:26 PM
VV songs sumaaru thaan. :(
GF songs impressed me more than VV songs.
GF beats VV by its variety.
All the songs of VV provides the same kind of feeling. :banghead:

Riyas_05
9th March 2006, 11:56 PM
vettaiyadu vilaiyadu songs are sure to rock,the songs vennilave ,neruppe,uyirile&paarthamudhal is going to top the charts.harris is giving continuos hits.

m_23_bayarea
10th March 2006, 12:07 AM
Bay, note this!. Isnt this what lead to comparison now?. FYI reagan, ansa & njv are mostly unbiased .

Your blame ARR fans hate HJ is atrocious on a general persepective apart from those plenty of ripoffs & inspirations from earlier ARR songs. (good find ansa)

I am staying away deliberately "KH's songs gels better with movies"& to conclude songs fate is too early now. (Take Anniyan & Gajini songs for HJ).

IMO, Time and again proves that KH's opiniated mind towards Maestro IR skips him interacting with other MD's inorder to extract the best songs musically. None can match & do justice like IR to him (obviously).

I'm sorry you thought that was atrocious ... Pls remember that I'm a big ARR fan too .. In fact I only call him as Gurunaathar always ... In fact when Pirai mentioned that HJ will replace ARR, I only supported ARR if you read that post of mine ... But for a while, put yourself in the shoes of a HJ fan, and go through the pages in this thread ... You'll see what I'm talkin abt ... It will be intimidating .... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Riyas_05
10th March 2006, 12:14 AM
discussing about copying,i am from kerala.the hopefully musician in kerala is jassiegift.when asking who is your favorite musician to jassie he tells one name and is ilayaraja.why because all arr,hj,ysr&all new comers makes hit songs from a old ilayaraja or before ilayaraja song,now days copying is not a new thing,think about listening to good songs whether it is copied or not. enjoy good music

rashid2raj
10th March 2006, 12:34 AM
because all arr,hj,ysr&all new comers makes hit songs from a old ilayaraja or before ilayaraja song.

Try to control yourself!!! ALL ARR hit-songs are not copyed from some old songs.. :?

sloshed
10th March 2006, 02:04 AM
Oh My God...there is a hatred war at TFM.. which is quite expected... I knew for a fact ARR fans are going to come hammer and tongs on this one.. since Godfather has nuthing to rave about .. did I say nuthing?? .. well there is lots to hear from I suppose....to recount a few...

GF wins over VV and PP becos of variety !!!!????

Thats the worst arguement I have ever heard in my life.. variety to do what?? No MD can actually compose songs to his whims.... he can only provide what the director requires.... GF might have a situation where there is a diwali .. or a classical get together.. or a sad song ... so ARR had to come out with that ... VV is shot mostly in the US.. do you want HJ to compose 'kuthu' numbers in NY???
or a pathos where KH is going to gun down another KH? ...

well if u really want to compare variety .. lets se.. compare Anniyan with GF... becos Anniyan to an extent had everything... and GF wouldnt come close to Anniyan...even if GF'S USP 'Kamma karailye' is compared with 'Randakka' ... 'Randakka' will take lock stock and barrel over GF.... Ahh.. wait a min.. somebody proclaimed that 'Inisai' is better than 'Iyenger veetu'.. How people How.??????...what makes it better...those two songs are composed for different themes... beats me folks...

This time around.. there is very few ARR fans could do .. (otherwise most of the times when HJ album is realeased .. they are working overtime to come up with 0.5 - 1.2 sec bit .. ah see from 2.05-2.0611 blah blha) ....Now that HJ is blamed for doing the same stuff all over again.... well somebody is working on his strengths... have we not seen .. IR produce numerous melodies out of the same tabla ..dholak routine.... I am not discrediting IR here... sometimes.. it feels like .. give him an SPB + Janaki + tabla .. you get an awesome melody ....

You can be critical .. but not insanely have just one frame of mind ... and yes there is a guy who compared HJ to SAR... what can i say man... ther eis something in the market called 'ENO' ..

VV ... may not certainly rank as one of the greatest Album...but definitely is very catchy.. one thing HJ should be appluaded for is the Mixing dept... this guy is sceond to one.. its good to see.. YSR.. HJ and ARR .. have taken the sound quality to another level...

And to underline the who-is-the-greatest theories.. there is no comparison... HJ should never be compared with ARR.. He has done superlative things.. it only reminds me of the insane arguements given by the fans of IR... 'ARR cannot come up with scores like IR' .. well if he did come up with sounds like IR.. the next thing that would they would do is call it 'IRish' (like what VS is termed now) ..
similarly .. ARR cannot be compared with IR.. IR and MSV .. are both legends.. ARR is to a certain extent a legend on his own right.. but IR and MSV are way too up to be pitted in the same slot as ARR....
and YSR... hmm I think this guy is come way up too.. though I dont like his singing much .. I have to accept.. his songs are getting very addictive....well nuthing to say about ARR... he is a genious.. I think he needs some directors who can make the movies a success as well.. HJ is getting really lukcy in that dept... sure VV will be a smashing success... cant say the same about GF... so this time around..VV will come up trunps.. good job HJ .. smashing work..

thats all folks.. (phew) .. let teh war begin...

Justice
10th March 2006, 05:06 AM
sloshed,

agree that VV songs are good but no better than Godfather songs, that's the fact, if you don't accept.... then be it..
by accepting or not accepting, you can't change any facts 8-)

buvana
10th March 2006, 07:31 AM
Oh My God...there is a hatred war at TFM.. which is quite expected... I knew for a fact ARR fans are going to come hammer and tongs on this one.. since Godfather has nuthing to rave about .. did I say nuthing?? .. well there is lots to hear from I suppose....to recount a few...

GF wins over VV and PP becos of variety !!!!????

Thats the worst arguement I have ever heard in my life.. variety to do what?? No MD can actually compose songs to his whims.... he can only provide what the director requires.... GF might have a situation where there is a diwali .. or a classical get together.. or a sad song ... so ARR had to come out with that ... VV is shot mostly in the US.. do you want HJ to compose 'kuthu' numbers in NY???

well if u really want to compare variety .. lets se.. compare Anniyan with GF... becos Anniyan to an extent had everything... and GF wouldnt come close to Anniyan...even if GF'S USP 'Kamma karailye' is compared with 'Randakka' ... 'Randakka' will take lock stock and barrel over GF.... Ahh.. wait a min.. somebody proclaimed that 'Inisai' is better than 'Iyenger veetu'.. How people How.??????...what makes it better...those two songs are composed for different themes... beats me folks...

This time around.. there is very few ARR fans could do .. (otherwise most of the times when HJ album is realeased .. they are working overtime to come up with 0.5 - 1.2 sec bit .. ah see from 2.05-2.0611 blah blha) ....Now that HJ is blamed for doing the same stuff all over again.... well somebody is working on his strengths... have we not seen .. IR produce numerous melodies out of the same tabla ..dholak routine.... I am not discrediting IR here... sometimes.. it feels like .. give him an SPB + Janaki + tabla .. you get an awesome melody ....

You can be critical .. but not insanely have just one frame of mind ... and yes there is a guy who compared HJ to SAR... what can i say man... ther eis something in the market called 'ENO' ..

VV ... may not certainly rank as one of the greatest Album...but definitely is very catchy.. one thing HJ should be appluaded for is the Mixing dept... this guy is sceond to one.. its good to see.. YSR.. HJ and ARR .. have taken the sound quality to another level...

And to underline the who-is-the-greatest theories.. there is no comparison... HJ should never be compared with ARR.. He has done superlative things.. it only reminds me of the insane arguements given by the fans of IR... 'ARR cannot come up with scores like IR' .. well if he did come up with sounds like IR.. the next thing that would they would do is call it 'IRish' (like what VS is termed now) ..
similarly .. ARR cannot be compared with IR.. IR and MSV .. are both legends.. ARR is to a certain extent a legend on his own right.. but IR and MSV are way too up to be pitted in the same slot as ARR....
and YSR... hmm I think this guy is come way up too.. though I dont like his singing much .. I have to accept.. his songs are getting very addictive....well nuthing to say about ARR... he is a genious.. I think he needs some directors who can make the movies a success as well.. HJ is getting really lukcy in that dept... sure VV will be a smashing success... cant say the same about GF... so this time around..VV will come up trunps.. good job HJ .. smashing work..

thats all folks.. (phew) .. let teh war begin...

These points must have come to the minds of many of us in bits and pieces over time, thanks to Sloshed for putting in a nutshell..

It is like this.. You climb it is crime and you get down, it is penalty., poor things..

Just for a few moments, think of the pains and pressures all MDs undergo till `a song' is given to us as a final output and we just say `very nice' or `too bad' ... leave aside pointing fingers and enjoy the essence of music.

sloshed
10th March 2006, 08:19 AM
Justice...

I am kinda confused here ... btw ..
whose fact is it anyway :-)

ansa400
10th March 2006, 09:20 AM
No MD can actually compose songs to his whims.... he can only provide what the director requires.... GF might have a situation where there is a diwali .. or a classical get together.. or a sad song ... so ARR had to come out with that ... VV is shot mostly in the US.. do you want HJ to compose 'kuthu' numbers in NY???

Hello, that's how many fools like u have been comparing ARR's music in recent years, esp. in hindi.

well if u really want to compare variety .. lets se.. compare Anniyan with GF...

Ok, lets compare ANNIYAN with GF:

HJ to his credit had "Shankar" who is well known for trend setting music in his films. On the other hand ARR teams up with KSR.whose music taste is not great.

HJ had one full year to compose for ANNIYAN(He dint commit a single film during this period), naturally this should turnout to be HJ's best effort till date. ARR inspite of his busy schedule composed the music for this film. Pls try to imagine the kind of pressure he wud've had.

The film was free from any financial or other troubles coz it had a successful producer Oscar Ravi. GF on the other hand is produced by the hopeless S.S. Chakravarthy(NIC arts) and the film had some serious troubles and was almost written off. No MD wuld be interested in doing such kind of movies. But still ARR was commited to do the film.

One wuld've easily expected ANNIYAN to be trendsetting/pathbreaking music, but it turned out to be a complete letdown. :banghead: The music sales proved it(It was the worst sales till date for any shankar movie). :cry: Just imagine ARR composing for Shankar for a full year......

GF has beaten ANNIYAN sales wise , infact it is close to Chandramukhi which did gud sales last year due to rajini.

Is ANNIYAN the best ever music for a shankar's movie - NO
Is GF the best ever music for a KSR's movie- YES(I think most of us wuld agree with it)

When such a pathetic music of ANNIYAN becomes a hit , I can guarantee u 100% that the music will be chartbusters. :thumbsup:
Wait for the movie to release!!

Music4Ever
10th March 2006, 10:22 AM
Vettayadu Velayadu. The album I have been waiting to listen for a while and had the good fortune to hear today. Two songs stand out. They are ManjaL veiyil and Paartha NaaL mudhal. Two others -- Karka karka and Uyirilae -- may take time to grow. The remaining one is not good, IMO. At least at this time!

Overall Harris has done a good job but now that his type of music is well understood there are no more surprises and so he will have to work harder to get hits like Kaaka Kaaka and Anniyan. His songs are instantly catchy. He has the happy knack of composing appealing songs. However, particularly distasteful is this habit of skilfully utilizing ARR's musical bits, some as recent as his Ah Aha. I discerned interludes in Paartha Naal Mudhal and Uyirilae reminding those of ARR's in that movie as well as Pukar. The Endrendrum punnagai imitation was also a dead give away in ManjaL veiyil. Having said that, we must commend Harris for a good job overall.

I am amazed, however, at such hatred being spouted in a thread for the music of Harris. Normally only someone who is threatened by the emergence of a competitor to his or her own idol would do such things out of insecurity. Hope we will see some posts commending nice work and criticizing bad work without indulging in abusing.

sloshed
10th March 2006, 10:47 AM
Ansa...

I cant believe that you are coming up with comparisons of the producer being better than the other.... and you have already gone to the extent of saying...GF has beaten Aniyan in sales.... Do we need a scientist to decipher the truth now???
funny .. that you have given comparions of HJ taking time while ARR doesnt.. both of them are known to take thier time... Anniyan maybe a let down for you ..(which is natural) .. but not for many... (sometimes truth hurts) ..
Now is this the best for a KSR movie... lets seee.. is it better than Muthu???? to remind you ... GF has songs like thothapuram..ilamai..kamma karaile..(just making sure if its the same album we are referring to)
And then another comparion of HJ having shankar.. and ARR having only KSR... So basically I cannot say ARR is greater than HJ unless he HJ worked with MR???? or a subash ghai ??? (with similar themes off course)

With all the sympathies attached to the album (producer bankrupt..director bad taste..enormous pressure) and you still hold on to your GF being greater than Anniyan... and the word 'pathetic' to Anniyan .. shows you in great light....

Dude .. I am not disputing the fact that ARR is great ... in fact I still consider his 'theekuruvi' from KKS as the most innovative song in recent times.. ( I was about to hang myself after seeing BR butcher the song .. ;-) )
but dont attach such 'See-Him-I-Hate-Him' mentality towards HJ... I dont know if its probably to do with the success rate he enjoys.. let him have his space..

TFM is a great place to argue and disagree ..but on a respectable level.. The other day I was browsing Mohankumars.com for some songs ..and people like dinesh .. have started their propoganda there as well.. right at the song download page ..saying things about HJ.. (copycat..reminds of thatsong from 2.15 -2.16). what is going thru you folks...??

I will still give you space and wait for GF realease...but then if songs of VV rules TN too.. take it with a heart.. we have already seen last year.. how Suttum vizhi sudare became the anthem in TN...inspite of great inputs from YSR ..ARR..Joshua... let him share a share of spotlight as well...
peaz out

inetk
10th March 2006, 11:09 AM
C'mon folks!

There's no point in pitting one soundtrack against another. Every decent, listenable soundtrack is a welcome addition to us listeners. GF was very unlike Rahman but perhaps showed us what he could do with a KSR mentality. It was catchy too.

HJ continues his same style in VV, but thankfully, its very catchy and listenable. Something we always look forward to from him.

So, why get into this meaningless, endless debate on which is better? Enjoy both, back to back. As simple as that!

rsubras
10th March 2006, 11:26 AM
yep why to have a debate? ARR is better than HJ, only those who have a doubt in that shud be pulling down HJ throwing mud at him..

IMHO VV is a much better album than a Shankar-driven Anniyan or Ghajini..

Especially calling Ghajini a super hit album is grossly unfair...o.k o.k it had two exceptional mindblowing tracks in Suttum vizhi sudare and Oru maalai... But we should not forget the fact that it had 3 other sick numbers too which even Srikanth Deva wont feel proud of having composed. Two very good songs and 3 very sick songs should not make a super hit sound track. That def is not fair.

Appadi paarkumbothu , VV is a much better album with all the songs sounding good and pleasant.

ansa400
10th March 2006, 12:11 PM
Ansa...

I cant believe that you are coming up with comparisons of the producer being better than the other....

The point I was trying to make is that while ARR can give some wonderful music in GF under such pressure, HJ should've given some extraordinary music in ANNIYAN with everything going in his way. I never wanted to compare ANNIYAN with GF. Its just that GF and VV have released at the same time that we are comparing both.

TFM is a great place to argue and disagree ..but on a respectable level.. The other day I was browsing Mohankumars.com for some songs ..and people like dinesh .. have started their propoganda there as well.. right at the song download page ..saying things about HJ.. (copycat..reminds of thatsong from 2.15 -2.16). what is going thru you folks...??

U got to understand it first.

all folks.. (phew) .. let teh war begin...

The above line from u in ur previous post sums it up all. I know u r one of those crazy HJ fan doing all sorts of things to degrade GF album(I came to know abt it from ur previous posts) and still claim to be an ARR fan. I just expressed my view that GF is promising and could be successful once the film releases. Thats it. I never degraded HJ for his work in VV in this forum. I maintained that VV will be a hit, but it follows a similar pattern. I never said anything bad about HJ.

Kanna
10th March 2006, 12:55 PM
One wuld've easily expected ANNIYAN to be trendsetting/pathbreaking music, but it turned out to be a complete letdown.

Enna Ansa, solranaennu thappa eduthukadhaeenga, neenga enna romba naal ulla irundhuttu vareengala? This must be the best joke of 2006

suresh_17
10th March 2006, 01:08 PM

This Place is to Discus the music and not to compare..but there r some insane guys here..who dont shut up and start behaving like kids..

Its you Lunatic fellows..if song is good..then limit your view to it..Dont over react and compare with a person who has achieved wat others cannot even dream off..

If You can comment on music then comment..dont bring in ARR and compare ...and get urself beat up from the music fans here..

that is wat im trying to say dun compare harris rahman and yuvan.
they all is musican..

ar rahman fans.

dun talk cheap about harris ok. this is the problem here.

the problem start when u talk cheap about harris.

DINESH?

you are one of them.
ok

to all ar rahman fans. just shut up and dun talk stupid about harris.

bye

suresh_17
10th March 2006, 01:16 PM

ok?

yuvan=deva

This is why i've stated earlier that Yuvan's talents goes unnoticed for some stupid reasons by some dumbass! But nevermind, i would rather have Yuvan goin unnoticed by this idiot music illiterates than to being likened or favoured because this definitely gonna ruin Yuvan's reputation by having one of the far worst fans like what HJ is goin through at the moment. I've got to say, its definitely HJ's fans that are ruining his own career. But nevertheless, HJ isn't great either as he's almost equivalent to S.A. Rajkumar though the latter does wins hands down. :rotfl:

Poor HJ churning out repeated stuffs over and over again for the past 2 years ? no, 5 ? I'm sorry guys but then i still cant recall how long he has been doin this since i've been hearing this same thing over and over again. Everytime when i hope for a new stuff from HJ but then he still gives us the same tune again. I mean, what's the problem with this fellow? Is he actually having some kind of syndrome, lets say Short Term Memory Loss ? For he has been forgetting that he has created the same tune before! Oh goodness, i would really hope Muragadoss teaches poor HJ some method to remember tunes that he has created before. God save HJ!

mind ur word.
talk nicely..
dun make other peoples angry.

dinesh2002
10th March 2006, 01:19 PM

they all is musican..

ar rahman fans.

DINESH?

you are one of them.
ok

bye

:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: suresh suresh...i belive i didint talk cheap about hj...but speaking TRUTH bout him...if u felt the truth was cheap...there u go..thats ur hj! :lol: :lol: :rotfl: just kidding...come on guys....stop this & let the hj fans enjoy thier moment of joy....if wanna debate..go to the PPP Vs VV vs GF....enjoy guyz!!! :notworthy:

RR
10th March 2006, 01:27 PM
come on guys....stop this....if wanna debate..go to the PPP Vs VV vs GF....
which is here: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5980

Anymore digressions in this thread will be deleted.

vasanth2006
10th March 2006, 01:33 PM
have we not seen .. IR produce numerous melodies out of the same tabla ..dholak routine.... I am not discrediting IR here... sometimes.. it feels like .. give him an SPB + Janaki + tabla .. you get an awesome melody ....

Hello y r u dragging IR to the these type of discussions?.
do u know IR is only using the tabla etc?.
i dnt want to prove that IR did variety.
ARR+YSR+HJ can not stand near IR.
After 1000 Years also IR songs will be fresh and popular among peoples. ARR,HJ,YSR did that type of songs very very minimal.(15 to 20 songs).but IR did 1000's of songs like that.(tabala song that u mentioned ).

Another impt thing is ARR is already proved that he is the legend.

in current trend, ARR, YSR, HJ has the competition.
pls discuss about them. not about great great special Genius.

suresh_17
10th March 2006, 01:40 PM

they all is musican..

ar rahman fans.

DINESH?

you are one of them.
ok

bye

:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: suresh suresh...i belive i didint talk cheap about hj...but speaking TRUTH bout him...if u felt the truth was cheap...there u go..thats ur hj! :lol: :lol: :rotfl: just kidding...come on guys....stop this & let the hj fans enjoy thier moment of joy....if wanna debate..go to the PPP Vs VV vs GF....enjoy guyz!!! :notworthy:

good. 8-) 8-) :clap: :thumbsup:

now i respect u.
but dun kidding.
forget this topic.

buddysathi
10th March 2006, 01:49 PM
Anyhow VV is not gonna release this tamil new year, someone has taken a stayorder from SC..

reagan87
10th March 2006, 02:03 PM

ok?

yuvan=deva

mind ur word.
talk nicely..
dun make other peoples angry.

So now what ? Your're HJ's mama ? Poor HJ, real mama's boy !

kamalsurya
10th March 2006, 02:07 PM
All of u all have to stop this. Esp Hj fans u all say that VV is a much better to listen to than godfather. But u guys do u remember when ghajini album came out. All of u all said u all were dissapointed and many of u all said the songs weren't nice to listen to. BUt after seeing the songs on screen all of us were attracted big time to the songs. Likewise Godfather will also also prove to be a very good album on screen after that u all can talk...

Pavan
10th March 2006, 06:39 PM
But the Bottom Line is...

HJ needs to Show some Variety and needs to Stop Recycle his old Tunes.Then only he would gain Respect for his Works..

This is My View and If u have other views Just Keep it with yourself as i dont give a damn to u Minute HJ fans..

muzammil84
10th March 2006, 07:23 PM
This time around.. there is very few ARR fans could do .. (otherwise most of the times when HJ album is realeased .. they are working overtime to come up with 0.5 - 1.2 sec bit .. ah see from 2.05-2.0611 blah blha) ......

HEllo Sloshed u must understand one thing, not only in tfm find those type copycut, if u ask anyone about HJ music is like ARR music, they said all 'yes'

ME too i ask lot of people about his music, what they said u know,
He compose like arr music. Even he is told volentry in his interview

in the interview they asked to HJ , why ur songs are like arr, he said that coz i am big fan of ARR thats why my music is like ARR music.

in other one chat in Webulagam, he said that Arr and me are brother in Music.

So let's find the copy cut :p

But i never say HJ is worst, if u ask me, after ARR that only can be HJ. :)

Thiru
10th March 2006, 07:34 PM
Listened to VV.. a very average album IMO... karka karka was ok and uyirile was good.. paartha mudhaal naale is a typical HJ tune with Bombay jayashree... neruppe and manjal veyyil are not worth discussing.. All in all this album is very similar to GF.. Hardcore fans will like it but for a casual music fan, this is just another album..

A.ANAND
10th March 2006, 08:19 PM
THIRU.APPADI PODUNGAA ARUVALE...2OO% I AGREE WITH YOU!!!

thamizhvaanan
10th March 2006, 10:32 PM
:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: my first comment on this topic was in page 7, after that it has all been comical. all that it needed was pirathib to start a minor bash against ARR, and in poured all ARR fans (including me, a gud way to make a topic HOT!!!). then lots of HJ bashing and inbetween one guy laments that YSR is unrecognised and from nowhere within the realms of sanity, someone dares to pull IR into the mess and we got IR too in the debate. well this topic has had everything.
hope we dont make fool of ourselves by demeaning some other MD in future. if someone is talking too much,well just dont bother him. i know there have been some sick comments. if i were an autocrat i wud have guillotined those ppl with glee :P but we live in a poor democratic world :( . so tolerance is the keyword guyz :P keep ur cool

rashid2raj
10th March 2006, 11:06 PM
:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: my first comment on this topic was in page 7, after that it has all been comical. all that it needed was pirathib to start a minor bash against ARR, and in poured all ARR fans (including me, a gud way to make a topic HOT!!!). then lots of HJ bashing and inbetween one guy laments that YSR is unrecognised and from nowhere within the realms of sanity, someone dares to pull IR into the mess and we got IR too in the debate. well this topic has had everything.
hope we dont make fool of ourselves by demeaning some other MD in future. if someone is talking too much,well just dont bother him. i know there have been some sick comments. if i were an autocrat i wud have guillotined those ppl with glee :P but we live in a poor democratic world :( . so tolerance is the keyword guyz :P keep ur cool

Yaa machi.. We live in a democratic world.. :D Even the muslims has to face that in todays world .. :wink:

kingvj
11th March 2006, 12:33 AM
Some more tips for making this thread even hotter :

1. Compare HJ with IR and brand IR as worst ever composer.
2. Compare HJ with Yanni/Pavarotti/Beethoven etc (we already have Mozart 'from Madras') and trash Yanni/Pavarotti/Beethoven left/right/down/center/up/down/3D/4D angles for lacking the standard of HJ.
3. Compare HJ with Sundar C Babu and much more new MDs to come (after 25 years from now) and herald the new comers as the best ever.
4. Post links in which HJ copied/inspired/stole someone else' tune, even if they are not remotely resembling the originals.
5. Interchange these tips in other posts with MDs names interchanged for convenience.
6. Bang your head in shame for wasting your time reading those mindless posts, instead of indulging in healthy arguments.

A.ANAND
11th March 2006, 08:10 AM
Kingvj,ungga hj,avaruthan true original md in tfm pothuma!!!!

MADDY
11th March 2006, 09:46 AM
one thing, i can see is, only ARR fans are keeping this thread alive.....i guess if ARR fans move out of here this thread will go into archives within a couple of days..... :lol:

Vasanth2006 wrote:
>>>>ARR+YSR+HJ can not stand near IR.
After 1000 Years also IR songs will be fresh and popular among peoples. >>>>>>>>>

hey buddy can u pls remove ARR from that, otherwise i guess will have to come up with statements like IR+YSR+KR < ARR........i hope u understand bud......

njv
11th March 2006, 11:11 AM
one thing, i can see is, only ARR fans are keeping this thread alive.....i guess if ARR fans move out of here this thread will go into archives within a couple of days..... :lol:

Nope, KH fans will continue the thead and talk about how disappointed (or not!) we are.

thamizhvaanan
11th March 2006, 12:32 PM
Some more tips for making this thread even hotter :

1. Compare HJ with IR and brand IR as worst ever composer.
2. Compare HJ with Yanni/Pavarotti/Beethoven etc (we already have Mozart 'from Madras') and trash Yanni/Pavarotti/Beethoven left/right/down/center/up/down/3D/4D angles for lacking the standard of HJ.
3. Compare HJ with Sundar C Babu and much more new MDs to come (after 25 years from now) and herald the new comers as the best ever.
4. Post links in which HJ copied/inspired/stole someone else' tune, even if they are not remotely resembling the originals.
5. Interchange these tips in other posts with MDs names interchanged for convenience.
6. Bang your head in shame for wasting your time reading those mindless posts, instead of indulging in healthy arguments.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: great idea mate, this will give admins some sleepless nights

thamizhvaanan
11th March 2006, 12:38 PM

Nope, KH fans will continue the thead and talk about how disappointed (or not!) we are.

are u dissappointed njv? i as a KH fan am satisfied, coz this album is definitely a huge stride towards a hit film. definitely an album for masses. there cud have been a bit more pace in atleast one song as in uyirin uyirae. i really hope gowtham comes up with a cult-classic like Kaakha Kaakha.

rsubras
11th March 2006, 05:40 PM
admin ban panna porennu solliyum inga yarukkum bayam illama pochu pa

aduthavanga mela seru veesaravangaluku than naatula mathippu, illena etho oru pirathib etho ularittu ponathukku forum ippadi ranagalam aaguma ..... :banghead:

ok lets get back to Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu..itz been 5 days since the audio came out....... have anyone changed their opinion?

paartha naal mudhal song - i dont like this song, i think this is a xerox of suttum vizhi sudare , inspite of that i keep humming it, and i continue listening to it..... hehe

VV is way ahead of Ghajini and Anniyan imho....

A.ANAND
11th March 2006, 06:04 PM
rsubras,appa pirathib etho theriyama olaritarunnu ottukiringala???originalukku intha kalatila enga mathippu?xeroxikku than mathippu..

Ramakrishna
11th March 2006, 06:53 PM
admin ban panna porennu solliyum inga yarukkum bayam illama pochu pa

aduthavanga mela seru veesaravangaluku than naatula mathippu, illena etho oru pirathib etho ularittu ponathukku forum ippadi ranagalam aaguma ..... :banghead:

ok lets get back to Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu..itz been 5 days since the audio came out....... have anyone changed their opinion?

paartha naal mudhal song - i dont like this song, i think this is a xerox of suttum vizhi sudare , inspite of that i keep humming it, and i continue listening to it..... hehe

VV is way ahead of Gajini but not Anniyan.I feel Anniyan is better than VV

Scale
11th March 2006, 07:11 PM
Karka Karka is a big letdown for a KH-Police Officer intro. Surprised how it passed QC from Gowtham-KH. Very Very Amateurish attempt in every form slow rhythm (tamil part), male (cat voice) & female (dinosaur) vocals, lyrics (kakkhisattai thuppakiyai kadhalidhan ..childish). English Rap sounds good. Is it Andrea? :roll: Start till the end Raghavan. Stay in process...:thumbsup: Whose then continues let....us....go.....(niruthu nidharanama solrathu) :banghead:

next song.....

Alien
12th March 2006, 09:07 AM

I agree with u ... I only liked 2 songs from each of those albums, but in this I love atleast 3 songs ... I already agreed that each & every song remind us a previous HJ or ARR song , but still it makes me inclined to listen more n more ! 8-) .... I sure feel the album gives a kick start to the film(to b a hit, cult classic) 8-)

Riyas_05
12th March 2006, 10:51 PM
you all say it's a retune.what about [kamma kamma] in arr's god father and vidhyasagar's [yeai durra dummunu]from aathijavascript:emoticon(':?:')
Question,did it matched.,retunes are not a big thing,enjoy good music.

Riyas_05
12th March 2006, 11:03 PM
you arr fans hate hj,because one day he will catch arr's position.vv songs are rocking.say good songs good.

rashid2raj
13th March 2006, 12:53 AM
you arr fans hate hj,because one day he will catch arr's position.vv songs are rocking.say good songs good.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

between, Manjal Veyil, Partha Mudhal & Karka Karka songs are good - EVEN thoug they resembles some ARR songs.. :wink:

muzammil84
13th March 2006, 04:16 AM
Riyas_05

me, u know i am a big fan of Arr and i am doing a website for him, but i like very much HJ , because he is big fan of ARR, like me they are lot guys like HJ, u know what is secret of succes in harris jeyraj songs, they are lot of similarity, so most of arr fans like him, so don't tell that we hate HJ, even Hj said that he is Big fan in his interview , athuku piraku ninga perya ..... pesuringa :p

njv
14th March 2006, 11:29 PM
After repeated listening VV sounds much better. Neruppe neruppe is the pick of the album. Good (re)work by HJ.

Justice
15th March 2006, 06:17 AM
VV album will be a blockbuster :)

A.ANAND
15th March 2006, 09:29 AM
PODA....

MADDY
15th March 2006, 12:11 PM
hey nuthin great.....that's my reaction to VV after first listening......but HJ and YSR's albums always surprise me....i reject them as not-so-great songs but later they turn out to be biggest hits....anniyan is a very gud example....i thought it was ok (i sitll think) but it was a huge hit....

hope kamal has gud luck..... :D

rsubras
15th March 2006, 12:41 PM
yep, Maddy, HJ has that luck intact with him, even two good songs in a album are enough to make the album a block buster even if the other songs are a dud

Ghajini - Only Suttum vizhi sudare and oru maalai. other songs are pure waste of time, a forgettable score which even Srikanth Deva would not like to be credited with

Anniyan - Iyengaru, to an extent Kumaari, others are average songs

Chellame - Only "Kaathalikkum" song, others are a mix of average and dud songs

ansa400
15th March 2006, 12:42 PM
hey nuthin great.....that's my reaction to VV after first listening......but HJ and YSR's albums always surprise me....i reject them as not-so-great songs but later they turn out to be biggest hits....anniyan is a very gud example....i thought it was ok (i sitll think) but it was a huge hit....

hope kamal has gud luck..... :D

It has got nothing to do with the type of music from HJ or YSR.Its the BO success thats crucial for music to be hit. ANNIYAN is one of the biggest hit of the year and naturally the music. I dont remember any movie which is as big as that and the music going unnoticed. YSR's Oru Kalluriyuin Kathai was a disaster at the BO and so was the music while KNM was a hit and so was the music.

Justice
15th March 2006, 06:55 PM
PODA....

cud u tell me who this was intended at :? :? :?

sloshed
16th March 2006, 12:41 AM
ansa...

Can you be specific... so the music is good only if the movie is a blockbuster ??? and it has nuthing to do with the music directors?
Becos I can throw at you several instances of super hit music but dud movies !!

slperson1
16th March 2006, 05:43 AM
sloshed,
i think what he means that a dud album or average album can become a blockbuster simply because of the movie making it big.Which is very much true.

Kaarka Kaarka - starts off with a bang then teeters off with the tamil interludes. The rap portions pack a good punch. The tamil lyrics dont seem as strong as they should.Also there are interludes which have the same tune as sakkarai nilave from Youth. This song coulda been alot better but its still enjoyable.

Paartha Naal Mudhal - hang over from suttum vizhi, but this version isnt as good as suttum vizhi.Horrible on the first listening after a few listenings its tolerable but i find myself thinkin of the suttum vizhi song when listenin to this. I hate the deja vu syndrome.

Manjal Veyil - Nice melody.Love the chant. Nuff said

Uyirle - Heart beat in the background is a nice touch.Another good melody

Neruppae - HJ shows off his trademark laziness by using bgm from Ullam Kettkumae for this song.

Overall: Let down compared to Khaka Khaka but is still enjoyable. Nothing spectacular due to the Deja Vu effect.

Alien
17th March 2006, 08:59 AM
yep, Maddy, HJ has that luck intact with him, even two good songs in a album are enough to make the album a block buster even if the other songs are a dud

Ghajini - Only Suttum vizhi sudare and oru maalai. other songs are pure waste of time, a forgettable score which even Srikanth Deva would not like to be credited with

Anniyan - Iyengaru, to an extent Kumaari, others are average songs

Chellame - Only "Kaathalikkum" song, others are a mix of average and dud songs
I completely agree with u abt these 3 albums, except that I'd rate Kummari ahead of Iyengaaru ......
But in VV atleast 3 songs r catchy & they differ to each other...
I definitely feel as an album VV is much better than Ghajini or Anniyan .... 8-) .... I actually love& am addicted to those melodious songs in VV ......

Riyas_05

me, u know i am a big fan of Arr and i am doing a website for him, but i like very much HJ , because he is big fan of ARR, like me they are lot guys like HJ, u know what is secret of succes in harris jeyraj songs, they are lot of similarity, so most of arr fans like him, so don't tell that we hate HJ, even Hj said that he is Big fan in his interview , athuku piraku ninga perya ..... pesuringa :p
add me too .... :thumbsup:

Riyas_05
20th March 2006, 02:16 PM
karka karka song is from o maama maama from minnale,listen to the words bismillah bismillah.

Riyas_05
20th March 2006, 02:19 PM
karka karka is not from sakkarai nilave it's from o maama maama from minnale,listen bismillah bismillah.

rashid2raj
20th March 2006, 06:09 PM
karka karka is not from sakkarai nilave it's from o maama maama from minnale,listen bismillah bismillah.

Karka karka definetely has a piece from Sakkarai Nilave song!! Don't deny riyas :D :D :D,

Listen Karka Karka song from 1:55 to 2:05; this piece is exactly the same as Sakkarai Nilave 1:20 - 1:30!! :rotfl:
HJ copy from Mani Sharma.. :lol:

Listen Sakkarai Nilave song from here, Riyas :wink: : http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000471.html

rashid2raj
20th March 2006, 06:25 PM
Even the Uiyrilae song from VV, has exactly same beats and exactly the same mood as ARR's Hum Hai Iss Pal Yahan, from Kisna!

Listen both songs and you will see..

Soo the difference?? A.R.Rahman's version much better :D

rashid2raj
20th March 2006, 06:30 PM

Karka karka definetely has a piece from Sakkarai Nilave song!! Don't deny riyas :D :D :D,

Listen Karka Karka song from 1:55 to 2:05; this piece is exactly the same as Sakkarai Nilave 1:20 - 1:30!! :rotfl:
HJ copy from Mani Sharma.. :lol:

Listen Sakkarai Nilave song from here, Riyas :wink: : http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000471.html

One more.. Partha Naal mudhal = Thenmerku Paruvakatru.. jus slower beats :roll: It's so clear after 2nd interloude in Partha mudhal naal song..

So, what's left? :)

thamizhvaanan
20th March 2006, 07:42 PM
guyz pls dont talk abt other MDs tunes in HJs music. i think he is a bit smart. none of his songs have a long enuf sequence lifted from others works. it is only some 10 or 15 seconds influence. and so we are not justified at pointing our fingers at HJ. nevertheless one always feels that his songs are NOTHIING new!!!

sureshmehcnit
24th March 2006, 10:12 AM
thamizhvannan: do listen to "Stranger in Black" from Anniyan and "Resurrection Theme" from Passion of the Christ soundtrack ......

dinesh2002
24th March 2006, 04:38 PM
thamizhvannan: do listen to "Stranger in Black" from Anniyan and "Resurrection Theme" from Passion of the Christ soundtrack ......

here is the link :

http://storeandserve.com/download/112753/Passion_Of_Christ_OST_-_Resurrection.mp3.html

do tell us what u think!!??

NormalMan
24th March 2006, 09:13 PM
Guys check the "Kanavugal" song from Ullam Ketkume ... first interlude
http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/ullam_ketkumae_songs.cfm

Listen to Nerupae from VV
http://oosai.com/tamilsongs/vettaiyadu_vilaiyadu_songs.cfm

This dude has absolutely no stock. Looks like he has 4-5 stolen tunes and keeps producing new crap clone everytime.

MADDY
25th March 2006, 12:18 AM
Guys check the "Kanavugal" song from Ullam Ketkume ... first interlude
http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/ullam_ketkumae_songs.cfm

Listen to Nerupae from VV
http://oosai.com/tamilsongs/vettaiyadu_vilaiyadu_songs.cfm

This dude has absolutely no stock. Looks like he has 4-5 stolen tunes and keeps producing new crap clone everytime.

yaa i agree with normal man.....partha mudhal has the same rythm and tempo as suttum vizhi from ghajini.....he has to change his style real fast....

music_lover
25th March 2006, 12:33 AM
Try this:-

Sochna Kya from Ghayal(1990)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/IJmmD8Q6gd.As1NMvHdW/

Vysar
25th March 2006, 12:55 AM
Harris never had a style of his own. He piggybacks on ARR and now he copies Malai Katru song from Vidyasaagars "Vedham" to come up with Uyirlae. The diference Uyrilae is in slow tempo. Carefully listen the ending Malai Katru humming end for a surprise similarity.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000362.html

njv
25th March 2006, 01:52 AM
He piggybacks on ARR

Thats his style Vysar :lol:

MADDY
25th March 2006, 04:08 AM

very gud find mann...i dunno whether HJ wud have copied intentionally.....if it was intetnional, then it is really shameful of him....

njv
25th March 2006, 05:45 AM

very gud find mann...i dunno whether HJ wud have copied intentionally.....if it was intetnional, then it is really shameful of him....

Maddy/Music_lover

What song of HJ does Sochna Kya resemble?

dinesh2002
25th March 2006, 07:22 AM

is it Partha Mudhal - VV ???

Ramakrishna
25th March 2006, 03:09 PM
What is Harris Jayaraj's next in Tamil?

dinesh2002
25th March 2006, 03:30 PM
What is Harris Jayaraj's next in Tamil?

" Bit'tu Adi, Hit'tu Aake " :rotfl: hehehehe

i think July Katre....i saw it on behindwoods.com....

Music4Ever
25th March 2006, 10:23 PM
VV songs are awesome. You detractors go and hide yourself in a closet! If the songs are picturized effectively, say like Kaaka Kaaka, this will be another mighty album from Harris. Karka Karka is superb with all that rap bit and infectious music. Harris at the same time does not forsake his stylish bits in the song. If Anniyan songs can be a hit this should not be different. Go Harris.

MADDY
25th March 2006, 11:10 PM

Maddy/Music_lover

What song of HJ does Sochna Kya resemble?

njv, it is partha mudal from VV only......man it is so similar.....i wish someone can expose HJ a big way in the media.......

music4ever, probably, we can compare HJ's success to that of "positive-tested" gold winning athletes......

Music4Ever
26th March 2006, 04:12 AM
"music4ever, probably, we can compare HJ's success to that of "positive-tested" gold winning athletes......"

If that were the case Deva must have been Number 1. It is not easy to be successful. Harris must be having that special something to be giving hit after hit (Saamy, Chellame, Ullam Ketkume, Anniyan, Gajini). Call it luck, God's grace, whatever. VV is at least as good as the above ones, IMO.

vijayr
26th March 2006, 12:47 PM
"If that were the case Deva must have been Number 1"

he was close to being one in the 90s. ANNamalai, Baasha,Aasai,Nerukke Ner, Kaadhal kottai, Ninaithen Vandhaai, Vaali and several other hits. HJ isnt creative enough to be numero uno. I got tired of the rhythm in the Bombay Jayashree song and his so-called "melodies" get easily tiresome with their nursery rhymish sandhams.

MADDY
26th March 2006, 11:18 PM
HJ isnt creative enough to be numero uno. I got tired of the rhythm in the Bombay Jayashree song and his so-called "melodies" get easily tiresome with their nursery rhymish sandhams.

exactly mapping ur thoughts vijay......his rythm is irritatingly repititive......infact one of the reasons y ARR rocked the 90's was his rythm......he was a more rythm based composer than raaga based.......HJ really lacks variety....

rajasaranam
26th March 2006, 11:50 PM
exactly mapping ur thoughts vijay......his rythm is irritatingly repititive......infact one of the reasons y ARR rocked the 90's was his rythm......he was a more rythm based composer than raaga based.......HJ really lacks variety....
But all his rhythms were either copied or bought as loops :huh:

Sanjeevi
26th March 2006, 11:54 PM

his = ARR's or HJ's ? :roll: :lol:

Music4Ever
27th March 2006, 12:49 AM
"he was close to being one in the 90s. "

As they say, close but no cigar (or something like that). ARR was rocking in the 90's and no one could match him during his peak.

"ANNamalai, Baasha,Aasai,Nerukke Ner, Kaadhal kottai, Ninaithen Vandhaai, Vaali and several other hits."

Read above. There were even bigger ARR hits. But not so now. HJ's albums are as big as any other album nowadays. There is no single uniformly better MD (current form, not overall class) is my point.

"HJ isnt creative enough to be numero uno."

Maybe, but the numero uno is not my main argument. VV is not bad for so much criticism. He is popular among youth, let us accept that and move on.

"I got tired of the rhythm in the Bombay Jayashree song and his so-called "melodies" get easily tiresome with their nursery rhymish sandhams."

Again, I respect your opinion, especially coming from someone with years of listening experience. Still Harris has been giving continuous hits and we must also respect that.

vijayr
27th March 2006, 02:06 AM
"Harris must be having that special something to be giving hit after hit (Saamy, Chellame, Ullam Ketkume, Anniyan, Gajini). Call it luck, God's grace, whatever"

Music4ever ,I was also responding keeping the above comment of yours in mind. Hit after hit is something which even Deva managed to give in the 90s,despite the Rahman wave. The examples I listed earlier. Now post-millenium, with no such wave in place,HJ has still not been able to capitalize and the fault lies with him.

"There is no single uniformly better MD (current form, not overall class) is my point"

Hmm..try telling that to YSR fans :-)

MADDY
27th March 2006, 02:54 AM

rs sir...it is very harsh (something u always are to ARR) to call all his rythms were copied or bought.....

well, loops are commercially available, no doubt.....but ARR's speciality is that he develops them and creates his own new loops using them.....i dunt know if u r from IT field, if u r, then consider this:

my company creates their own package using VB.NET......even some other company creates their s/w package using VB.NET but it doesent mean that the other company is copying us or we are copying some common source......we are just using that s/w as a base to create our own s/w....this is something similar to wat ARR does....for that matter even ur "Thanthaikaetha Thanaiyan" does the same thing.....i dunno how much of this u will take it into ur head.....but this is the truth......

july
27th March 2006, 08:57 AM
Nerupe is my pick.. 8)

united07
27th March 2006, 09:54 AM
Give the guy a break.
VV is decent and clean album. At least it doesn't sound too cheap.

Music4Ever
27th March 2006, 10:09 AM
Vijayr, you have a point. However, please note that I never consigned you to one among those avid "nay sayers" of Harris's music. You have been consistent all along and your standards are very high. You pick on almost all the MD's except probably ARR, so if you say you find Harris's music amateur, childish, or nursery-rhyme like, I have no problem with your opinion.

Coming to ripoffs I was exposed to a ghastly revelation today when someone brought the Desert Rose (Melodic Club Mix) - Sting/Cheb Mami to my attention. I swear I can see that song is the basis for the HJ's Kaaka Kaaka opener "Uyirin uyirE". Has this been discussed here?

Scale
27th March 2006, 10:54 AM

ALL? :shock: Sir, could you please list it out.

Maddy, Keep an eye close to this gentleman. All his wait father to son's flag comes to an end. No wonder :wink:

lancelot
27th March 2006, 04:39 PM

ALL? :shock: Sir, could you please list it out.

Maddy, Keep an eye close to this gentleman. All his wait father to son's flag comes to an end. No wonder :wink:

rajasaranam....wat the hell r u saying???? can u back up the claims u r making??? as scale is saying???

lancelot
27th March 2006, 04:48 PM
when i got the news that GF and VV music will both be relesing at allmost the same time.... i got a little scared.....because....

ARR/KSR combo allways gives good but not extrodinary music... Thenali/Padayappa/Muthu..... nevertheless they were all amazing stuff
but Minnale and Kaaka Kaaka r better than the 3 above mentiond albums...... wat i am trying to say is dat Rajiv Menon and HJ make a better combo that ARR/KSR....

so i was all scared.... then GF relesed......i should say that GF is the best out of the 4 movies ARR/KSR have come together.... but i felt that VV may be better than GF...so i waited for VV....

and then VV was out...... and i was soo happy..... though the album has some good music.... i dont see the magic that was in Minnale or Kaaka Kaaka....
but GF turned out to be amazing.... the best of ARR/KSR so far.... super album...

so my conclution GF is way better than VV.....

NOTE - THIS IS ONLY MY OPENIAN.....

hehe
:D

music_lover
31st March 2006, 07:38 AM
Hi lancelot,

I have the same opinion as you. Others may have a different opinion. I like the songs in this order:-

1. Kaatril - GF
2. Karka Karka - VV
3. Theeyil Vizhundha - GF
4. Ilamai - GF
5. Vennilave - VV
6. Thinam Thinam - GF
7. Paartha Mudhal - VV
8. Innisai - GF
9. Kamma Karayil - GF
10. Neruppe - VV

Which songs did you like? It is a surprise that ARR-KSR combo work so well, better than the previous three movies. HJ-GM combo worked out ok but not original stuff like Kaakha Kaakha.

Bye,
ML

P.S. This is my opinion guys.

njv
31st March 2006, 06:26 PM
neruppae is hte pick of the album and will stay at 1 once the movie released. the lyrics is awesome and so does the music. it is definitely rehashed from his previous work. Good job HJ.

A.ANAND
31st March 2006, 08:29 PM
VV VIDA GF EVVALAVO BETTER ALBUM BECAUSE THE VAREITY..VV ALSO GOOD ALBUM BUT NOTHING A NEW SOUND.MEENDUM MEENDUM ATHE ORE HJ STYLE AND ARR STYLETHAN..

Alien
31st March 2006, 08:35 PM
VV VIDA GF EVVALAVO BETTER ALBUM BECAUSE THE VAREITY..VV ALSO GOOD ALBUM BUT NOTHING A NEW SOUND.MEENDUM MEENDUM ATHE ORE HJ STYLE AND ARR STYLETHAN..
Nobody would disagree ...GF is leaps and bounds better 8-)

rashid2raj
31st March 2006, 09:09 PM

What did you expect?? Something new from HJ ?? No Way.. :P GF much better than VV :!:

interz
1st April 2006, 07:08 PM
Small correction lancelot

his name is not Rajiv Menon, but Goutham Menon

Rajiv Menon did movies like Minsaara Kanavu and Kandukondean Kandukondean.

Djpak
2nd April 2006, 02:59 PM
[tscii:cadf5f4bc9]
Small correction lancelot

his name is not Rajiv Menon, but Goutham Menon

Rajiv Menon did movies like Minsaara Kanavu and Kandukondean Kandukondean.

Yes that’s right, Rajiv Menon is busy with mani rathman to direct Guru :D
And N. Krishna (is direct Jilendru oru kaadhal) who was Goutham Menon's assistant in Kaarka Kaara .
[/tscii:cadf5f4bc9]

thamizhvaanan
7th April 2006, 08:38 AM
VV has been shelved too. saw it today in dinamani. man Kamal hassan is the luckiest duck in the industry.

Cinefan
7th April 2006, 10:46 AM
VV has been shelved too. saw it today in dinamani. man Kamal hassan is the luckiest duck in the industry.

VV is shelved???????????????-How do you shelve a film which is complete incl post production. :? At best court stays etc can delay the release,Recent example-The Srikanth starrer 'Chathurangam'

Luckiest duck-Plz explain.