PDA

View Full Version : Naphthalene Balls

gaya3
24th January 2006, 04:14 AM
Hi:

Can anyone tell me where I can get Naphthalene balls in USA/online; to keep them in the clothes. I have seen only moth balls in US stores and I guess it is not to be put in clothes like naphthalene. I did that, and I got allergy using those clothes.

Please help, Thanks

Alan
24th January 2006, 02:21 PM
Are you Gayatri, w/o Dr.Shankar Rajaram?

Lambretta
24th January 2006, 03:50 PM
Who...?? :? :huh:

gaya3
24th January 2006, 11:45 PM

No.

RC
25th January 2006, 04:08 AM
Try Indian Owned dollar stores.. You may find there...

stranger
25th January 2006, 04:14 AM
Hazard Summary-Created in April 1992; Revised in January 2000

Naphthalene is used in the production of phthalic anhydride; it is also used in mothballs. Acute (short-term) exposure of humans to naphthalene by inhalation, ingestion, and dermal contact is associated with hemolytic anemia, damage to the liver, and neurological damage. Cataracts have also been reported in workers acutely exposed to naphthalene by inhalation and ingestion. Chronic (long-term) exposure of workers and rodents to naphthalene has been reported to cause cataracts and damage to the retina. Hemolytic anemia has been reported in infants born to mothers who "sniffed" and ingested naphthalene (as mothballs) during pregnancy. Available data are inadequate to establish a causal relationship between exposure to naphthalene and cancer in humans. EPA has classified naphthalene as a Group C, possible human carcinogen.

http://www.epa.gov/ttn/atw/hlthef/naphthal.html

rajraj
25th January 2006, 04:20 AM
gaya: Use cedar chips or blocks in the closet or the trunk for protection against moths.

Alan
25th January 2006, 11:24 AM
Soak a few pieces of cloth in beer & leave in the kitchen overnight. It will be much easier to kill the drunken pests.

dev
25th January 2006, 12:09 PM
:shock: :lol:
Alan,r u serious?

Lambretta
25th January 2006, 12:25 PM
Soak a few pieces of cloth in beer & leave in the kitchen overnight. It will be much easier to kill the drunken pests.
Yea, rite! :lol:
Only u got 2 make sure tat u don't get tempted by the beer & end up being drunk urself, & thus not be in a mood to kill the pests- drunken or otherwise! :P :lol:

pooja.shankar
26th January 2006, 03:17 PM
hmm .....buy loads of them ..wen u visit india ...but i dunno if they ll hold u at the customs ...