PDA

View Full Version : SUGGESTIONS PLEASE ......

pooja.shankar
27th January 2006, 02:00 PM
wat do u people think is the best hairdo ....for short hair ......with sari ....

any ideas........

Shekhar
27th January 2006, 04:42 PM
Pooja ..

We used to have hubbers 'Niranjana " and a girl called "Deep Secrets". Please tell us, are they by any chance reations of yours?!!

pooja.shankar
28th January 2006, 03:46 PM
Pooja ..

We used to have hubbers 'Niranjana " and a girl called "Deep Secrets". Please tell us, are they by any chance reations of yours?!!

i dunt knw whu they are....temme abt them ....

nyway ..... i am asking all this coz i have a farewell party to attend in sari ..n i dunno wat do to ........

Shakthiprabha.
30th January 2006, 02:35 PM
Hey opinions differ.

I always feel long and flowing hair goes well with sarees.

If u have short hair, tie it as ponytail :huh: :bulb:

short hair left untied esp with saree DOES NOT REALLY GO. (my perception again)

pooja.shankar
30th January 2006, 06:19 PM
well i ha d long hair ..till dec wen i suddenly cut my hair a little below my shoulder
and a few weeks back upto my ear!
so i am on a short hair season !

and i have a farewell party (class12)nyway its jus got over
and it was okay
coz every1 leaves their hair open for parties
and long haired guls wer over cautious
i was okay
my mom straightened my hair
i wanted to curl it or perm(straighten and curl below)
but i dunt have the patience to do tht

my mom helped a hell lot today but she thght i choose the wrong sari
it was chifon
in tenth we have farewell party too and then my mom made me wear a kancheepuram silk sari ..she was like u watch ...people are going to tell u its grand and all

...well it was me the odd one out
coz all wer in embroidery sarees in chifom

i was overcautions this time coz the kanchee thin g was stiff and this sari that i wore today( an embroidery one was chifon and it was lousy) i was literally falling over my sari ...and walking like a scarecrow

Alan
30th January 2006, 06:37 PM
lol! Personally (from a male point of view), I think Kancheepuram saree suits elderly women. Young girls should go in for lighter materials (I don't know the names as such). And again, you can wear your hair according to your personality- try asking a beautician what hairstyle suits your face .

I feel saree has become a universal wear- Ash wears saree for all the International Film Festivals etc........so the long oiled hair with jasmine & 'kanakambharam" along with saree is old fashioned. You can be as smart and hep with saree as you can with other clothes. Saree is really a sexy garment though many don't realise it.

Lambretta
30th January 2006, 07:06 PM
Pooja, might I suggest a bit on Sarees as well: I think ur mom feels tat chiffon Sarees, altho lighter, look provocative.....considering tat they r quite diaphanous (nearly transparent).......but personally I agree tat Kanchee Sarees r not only heavy (esp. for hot/humid climates!) but also stiff, esp. when wearing for the 1st time!
I suggest u try sumthing tats not only lighter but also looks 'decent' (from ur mother's point of view) enuff......there r various other light materials like Crepe/Tissue or even aritifical silk (consideirng the crowd tat ur gonna be in, no-one's gonna bother verifying whether its pure or artificial!), these also r becoming propular w/ younger women......u can even hav 'Zari' borders on them so they look as grand as pure silk ones......but as for ur hair, well......considering tat u can't grow ear-length hair longer in such a short time, I suggest u just let it be as it is......I cud suggest wigs but then ppl. wud know I guess! :lol:
I'm sure it won't matter as long as u can make a statement in a Saree! :D

so the long oiled hair with jasmine & "kanakambharam" along with saree is old fashioned.
Not nec'ly......there r girls in the south who still wear them so......infact I agree w/ SP tat it goes best w/ Sarees, altho by no means compulsory/mandatory! :wink: :D

Saree is really a sexy garment though many don't realise it.
Hmm......I thot many do nowadays?! The film industries & fashion designers hav been working hard enuff to make them "realise" it! :twisted: :roll:
Altho personally I detest the fact tat its being labelled as "Sexy" ('cos rem. there r 'n' different ways of wearing it, even 'conservatively'!), which IMO, sounds more like a unilateral generalisation by today's society.

Alan
31st January 2006, 02:30 PM
My God! You seem to know all about Ladies' stuff, huh? How do u know about the materials? Going shopping with mom?

But I still can't agree on the long, oiled hair with flowers thing- it might suit an elderly lady or a Karnatic singer but ..........you said girls in the South still wear them? But when I was in Chennai, I never saw even a single one that way- only in movies!

And regarding saree, if you wear it properly(the way it should be worn,ie, below the bellybutton, it does reveal the body shape- Women who cover it all up better wear a Pardah, in that case- lol!)

dev
31st January 2006, 02:43 PM
And regarding saree, if you wear it properly(the way it should be worn,ie, below the bellybutton, it does reveal the body shape- Women who cover it all up better wear a Pardah, in that case- lol!)

Sick comment... :evil:

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 02:48 PM
My God! You seem to know all about Ladies' stuff, huh? How do u know about the materials? Going shopping with Mom?
:lol: Actually it all started when I had a lot of interest in Sarees at one point (& still do, altho not as much, considering the attitude of today's gen. towards them, more than girls' dislike for wearing them, the fact tat many (inc. girls) hve labelled it as a "sexy" outfit! :evil:) & when I was in Singapore, believe it or not, I bought atleast 25 Sarees for my mom from Indian shops over there.....all of them crepe silk, i donno where they get them from but my mom says they're def. not available here in Vizag.....also I got them real cheap (prob. bcos the demand for Sarees is much less over there!)

But I still can't agree on the long, oiled hair with flowers thing- it might suit an elderly lady or a Karnatic singer but..........
Oh well, to each his own! Btw, long hair (maybe not oiled or flowered) has lately become an in-thing among girls again! :)

you said girls in the South still wear them? But when I was in Chennai, I never saw even a single one that way- only in movies!
I didn't mean tat they wear them ALL the time/regularly.....:lol:
Atleast many of them still do during festivals/weddings......I saw a no. of them dressed so in a wedding I attended there a few days ago.....havn't u attended ne while u were there btw?

Um, no offence but wat cud make u suggest tat wearing it low is the way it SHOULD be worn?? :? Yea I know there r many who wear it so, but NOT all of them (even among the young) do......so it def. can't be regarded as a 'Standard' way of wearing it, it all depend on how one thinks she'd look wearing it in wat way!
Personally, I feel even a young present-gen. woman needn't think tat she HAS to look "sexy" to be looked upon as "hep" or "modern".....:D
Oh, and yea, I thot u knew tat Pardah custom doesn't exist down South! :P

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 02:49 PM

:lol: Kayi kudungo Dev!! :wink:

Alan
31st January 2006, 05:25 PM

Its not my comment that is sick- its your attitude- I didn't mean the female anatomy when I said 'cover it all up" - I meant the body. In Television & Magazines, when the beautician shows how to wear a saree, they wear it below the belly button- in case you didn't you know that?

The proper way to wear a saree is that- the beauty of the garment is shown only then. What's the point if a woman wears a saree like a shawl- all wrapped up? It looks shabby.

Your comment reminds me of the monk joke- its ur mind that's sick- that's why you failed to see my point-

Once again, Ladies, no offence meant here- With all respect to women, I did not refer to the secret parts of women- but just the body in general.

Alan
31st January 2006, 05:29 PM
[Oh, and yea, I thot u knew tat Pardah custom doesn't exist down South! :P[/quote]

Oh yes, Lamby- if you just want to continue the argument on & on, then I have nothing to say.

But I myself have seen women wear Pardah in the South- in case you didn't know, MUSLIMS all over the WORLD- yes, you read it right, WORLD, has begun to wear the Purdah, which did not exist befotre- this started in 1999-2000. My mom's Malayali Muslim friends (who used to earlier wear a saree a long sleeved blouse) started wearing the purdah over it- they said it has started all over Kerala & Tamil Nadu.

To the best of my knowledge, these states are in the SOUTH OF INDIA, aren't they?

pooja.shankar
31st January 2006, 05:32 PM
hmm....glad to see ...men activeley participating in this topic LOL ..

Alan
31st January 2006, 05:37 PM
yeah, more of an active argument here-

Alan
31st January 2006, 05:39 PM
yeah- more of active argument now

pooja.shankar
31st January 2006, 05:55 PM
hmm yea....

Lambretta
31st January 2006, 06:05 PM
But I myself have seen women wear Pardah in the South- in case you didn't know, MUSLIMS all over the WORLD- yes, you read it right, WORLD, has begun to wear the Purdah, which did not exist befotre- this started in 1999-2000. My mom's Malayali Muslim friends (who used to earlier wear a saree a long sleeved blouse) started wearing the purdah over it- they said it has started all over Kerala & Tamil Nadu.
To the best of my knowledge, these states are in the SOUTH OF INDIA, aren't they?
Yes, I do know tat MUSLIM women all over India (inc. South as u say) do wear the pardah always.....but I was referring to HINDU women, they don't wear it newhere in the South, unlike in the North where of course even Hindus follow this custom to this day........hope tat makes it clear!

dev
31st January 2006, 08:05 PM
:lol: I'm happy having such sick view/attitude... :huh:

pooja.shankar
1st February 2006, 10:10 AM
cmon dev....

Lambretta
1st February 2006, 10:24 AM
So pooja,
Hav u decided yet, on wat hairstyle/sari to wear for ur farewll party?? :)

Shakthiprabha.
1st February 2006, 11:48 AM
Pooja

I still remmeber my first experience with saree during my 12th farewell. I was s**t scared if its gonna loosen or fall off. I walked like a doll with slow conscious steps :lol:

I should say I am still uncomfy with saree :oops:

It has its own grace. :)

I would say, equally important are the ACCESSORIES u try to wear with ur saree (u would know better htan me :) )

Try wearing nice simple, elegant, stylish ones.
Do a neat elegant hair do. :) Rest will follow with ease.

If u are wearing saree for the first time, ITS BETTER TO TIE ur hair, ELSE U NEED TO DEAL WITH managing ur flowing hair and ur saree time and again :D

Too much of unwanted advices ??? :oops:

enjoy! have fun :)

pooja.shankar
1st February 2006, 12:42 PM
hmm ..yea thanks ...my farewell lis over nywya ....but id like to hear the guys views on this ....

i already described how i went

Alan
1st February 2006, 01:23 PM
I agree 100% with Shakthi mam- Accessories can make or break the look- Temple set looks lovely with Kancheepuram Saree and heavy silks.
Personally, I feel Pearl sets look great with light coloured sarees (Pls ask the women for authentic opinion)

Alan
1st February 2006, 01:24 PM
:lol: I'm happy having such sick view/attitude... :huh:

Its a pity you still didn't get what I was saying- I have nothing more to say- anyway, you started it all with your "sick comment" (pun intended)

dev
1st February 2006, 02:47 PM
:)

pooja.shankar
7th February 2006, 01:08 AM
hmm

RC
7th February 2006, 01:53 AM
hmm?

pooja.shankar
10th February 2006, 12:10 AM
hmmm ...........

great
10th February 2006, 12:15 AM
this thread still alive :shock:

pooja.shankar
10th February 2006, 12:21 AM
i kw...it is ...long after my party too ....

nevertheless..i am interested to see the men comment her e