PDA

View Full Version : A.R.Rahman - Mani Rathnam - Rajeev Menon - GURU

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Surya
8th November 2006, 09:04 AM
As much as I would like to, it takes too long to get it through the mail. :( I still haven't gotten my SOK CD yet..:(

The Stores here don't sell Indian CD's.

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 11:19 AM
GURU CDs to hit the stands on 18th Nov- INDIAGLITZ

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 11:20 AM
I couldnt type longer texts here. Whats the problem? Have they restricted the text size?

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 11:37 AM
SONY BMG launches the music of GURU
Bollywood Trade News Network

SONY BMG launches the music of GURUSony BMG is proud to present its
latest venture GURU, a project that showcases the work of a stupendous
trio - Mani Ratnam, Gulzar and A R Rahman. GURU is presented by one of
the most respected banners in the country - Madras Talkies. More than
8 years after the magical DIL SE', this ensemble returns with one of
the most anticipated films of this year. GURU's music is composed by A
R Rahman and the songs have been penned by Gulzar. Music fans all over
have been definitely looking forward to these three masters
re-uniting. In GURU, their rich collaboration promises to create a
summum bonum of the classic and the contemporary.

The concept of GURU has been summarized in three words- 'Villager.
Visionary, Winner'. The cast of this film boasts the likes of Abhishek
Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Mithun Chakravarty, Madhavan and Vidya Balan.

There are 7 enthralling tracks in GURU, which feature some of the best
voices in the industry today - Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan, Hariharan,
Shreya Ghoshal, Chitra, Madhushree, A R Rahman and Bappi Lahiri.

Mani Ratnam and A R Rahman's celebrated association, which commenced
with the trend setting ROJA, has been path breaking, creating landmark
after landmark on the map of music in Indian Cinema. Says Mani Ratnam,
"A R Rahman loves working laterally. You tell him the situation is of
a parting but you would like a love song, which is bustling, his eyes
will light up. He loves to work against the grain and on a level that
compliments the film and not just merely underlines it. A R is a
director's dream and nightmare. Dream because he will give you much
more time than you ask for and nightmare because he will not be
satisfied with the music even if you are. A perfectionist" .

SONY BMG launches the music of GURUShedding light on their
partnership, A R Rahman explains, "In these past fifteen years Mani
and I have gone through more or less everything in this journey
through film and music. Each time, more than us, people are looking
forward to what these guys are going to do. That is a challenge. For
me, when I look at a scene each time I'm wondering what I can do, what
can I do differently. And I'm sure Mani feels the same way when he
hears my music. And this whole film is about that - interpreting it -
with the same soul but with a different approach".

Commenting at the launch, Mr. Shridhar Subramaniam, Managing Director,
Sony BMG Entertainment (India) Pvt. Ltd. Said, "Mani Ratnam, A R
Rahman and Gulzar - the 3 modern day masters working together is
something that is eagerly anticipated by all. Over the years, they
have provided us with memorable and trend setting hits. We at SONY BMG
are privileged and confident that GURU is one more album that every
music lover will enjoy and treasure in this and the years to come."

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 11:47 AM
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/25566/mani-stays-hushhush-on-guru.html
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/25540/abhishek-adds-more-meat-to-his-role.html

vijayr
8th November 2006, 12:39 PM
ajay, thanks for the links. seeing Mani on video after a long time. dont remember seeing an interview of him in a long time. His voice somehow sounds much younger than himself. He seems to be politely bitter about Thamizh audience :-)

thamizhvaanan
8th November 2006, 12:56 PM
He seems to be politely bitter about Thamizh audience Why? :huh:

vijayr
8th November 2006, 01:07 PM
I dont know,maybe he just said it in jest (when asked whether thamizh audiences will miss him for a long time he said with a smile that maybe they are glad that he isnt around). But if he is serious you cant blame him. what was the last movie of his that was a superhit in Tamil? Have to go back all the way to Bombay I guess. (alaipaayudhe was borderline)

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 01:14 PM
I dont know,maybe he just said it in jest (when asked whether thamizh audiences will miss him for a long time he said with a smile that maybe they are glad that he isnt around). But if he is serious you cant blame him. what was the last movie of his that was a superhit in Tamil? Have to go back all the way to Bombay I guess. (alaipaayudhe was borderline)

Tats true,vijay. My cousin Azhagamperumal was an one time associate of MR. After the BO failure of KM and AE Mani sir had expressed his displeasure to make tamil films it seems. AP told me this long back. Only after that he started Guru.

jaiganes
8th November 2006, 01:27 PM
chee chee indha pazham pulikkum

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 01:35 PM
:D :D :D

thamizhvaanan
8th November 2006, 05:51 PM
Both his bilinguals, Dil Se and Yuva were terrible flops in Bollywood. Only they ran well (comparitively) in TN, mainly because of his brandname downsouth. I heard he even made significant profits in AE, with film and music rights. I think he shud have no reasons to grudge abt Tamil audience.

vijayr
8th November 2006, 09:12 PM
Thats why I am surprised that he commands as much as respect as he does from Bollywood, which usually doesnt give a damn about artistes from down South.On what basis do Abhisek/Ash fall head over heels to give bulk dates to "Mani sir"

thamizhvaanan
8th November 2006, 09:47 PM
Not only that, for Yuva, all the stars agreed to act for a subsidised pay compared to their industry standard :D .

baba88
8th November 2006, 10:42 PM
I listened to the song Dam Dara Dam - It's too good !
Then I watched the clip of Aishwarya Rai's song - It's gonna be the next Thaya Thaya or better !!!

Ramakrishna
8th November 2006, 11:05 PM
I listened to the song Dam Dara Dam - It's too good !

Did u listen to the full song?

ajaybaskar
9th November 2006, 10:28 AM
ARR full coverage in GURU music launch:

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/25739/rahman-croons-the-sound-of-guru.html

enjoy!

ajaybaskar
9th November 2006, 10:37 AM
AR Rahman ..scored more number of films for Mani Rathnam than Ilayaraja

Movies Directed by Mani Rathnam
Ilayaraja 10 Films
• Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983)
• Unaru (1985)
• Pagal Nilavu (1985)
• Idaya Kovil (1985)
• Mouna Raagam (1986)
• Nayagan (1987)
• Agni Natchathiram (1988)
• Geethanjali (1989)
• Anjali (1990)
• Thalapathi (1991)

AR Rahman 10 Films + 1 (Lajjo)
• Roja (1992)
• Thiruda Thiruda (1993)
• Bombay (1995)
• Iruvar (1997)
• Dil Se (1998)
• Alaipayuthey (2000)
• Kannathil Muthamittal (2002)
• Aayitha Ezhuthu (2004)
• Yuva (2004)
• Guru (2006)
• Lajjo (2007)

Courtesy:arrahmanfans@yahoogroups.com

ajaybaskar
9th November 2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/292388040/

Guess_Me
9th November 2006, 10:16 PM
Guru 2nd Trailer featuring "Dum Dera Dum Dera Mast" song which ARR hummed at the music launch function

The name of the song is "Tere Bina" and is sung by AR Rahman and Chinmayee with additional voices from Murtaza & Qadir. Here is the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/2645109/Guru_-_Tere_Bina_Trailer.avi

I instantly liked the "Dum Dera" tune when ARR hummed it at the music launch function. Now after watching this trailer, I can confidently say this song might actual turn out to be the next "Taal Se Taal".

And rajasaranam, I remember you saying you instantly liked the Dum Dera humming. Watch this trailer and you will fall in love with it.

Ramakrishna
9th November 2006, 10:19 PM
Thank u sir :D

Guess_Me
9th November 2006, 10:24 PM
That was very fast RK :)

Do post your comments too

Ramakrishna
9th November 2006, 10:43 PM
This song really sounds promising. Got to hear the full song

Nerd
9th November 2006, 11:51 PM
Damn.. I thought ARR himself will sing the dumdera bit. But looks like its the chorus. Its very catchy. Cant wait to listen to the whole track :)

baba88
10th November 2006, 12:23 AM
Listen to the Aishwarya Rai track it's even better then this song.

Jacky
10th November 2006, 01:24 AM
Early signs for a musical treat!

rajasaranam
10th November 2006, 03:17 AM
[tscii:0d051ceca3]

Ilayaraja 10 Films
• Unaru (1985)
• Pagal Nilavu (1985)
• Idaya Kovil (1985)
• Mouna Raagam (1986)
• Nayagan (1987)
• Geethanjali (1989)
• Anjali (1990)
• Thalapathi (1991)

• Roja (1992)
• Thiruda Thiruda (1993)
• Bombay (1995)
• Iruvar (1997)
• Dil Se (1998)
• Alaipayuthey (2000)
• Aayitha Ezhuthu (2004)
• Yuva (2004)
• Guru (2006)
• Lajjo (2007)

Yuva and Aayitha ezhuthu had the same tunes though not dubbed so it should be considered as one only :wink: and it makes them equal. But Iam sure ARR will do more work with MR and will surpass IR in this no. Game atleast :) [/tscii:0d051ceca3]

rajasaranam
10th November 2006, 03:33 AM
And rajasaranam, I remember you saying you instantly liked the Dum Dera humming. Watch this trailer and you will fall in love with it.

:oops: Oops sorry I've lost the love i had :cry: . Earlier the humming had no flavor of north and it was great to listen to. Somehow iam averted to heavy northie flavor in music. Dont know exactly when i created this aversion but still i like the 60's, 70's 80's and early 90's compositions in Hindi.
I think it is ARR who had found the roots of north indian music and is delivering them in the best form like what IR did for the south indian music. Offlate i find ARR is getting more deeper into the music of north. it should've happened post 2000's probably after lagaan cos I like the hindi albums of ARR pre 2000 and also the songs post 2000 which doesnt have heavy northie flavor :)
Let me try listening to the complete song when released and come back! Hope he does stick on to what he said in the interview it moves on to some symphonic/opera kind of music. where i will love it :)

Guess_Me
10th November 2006, 09:23 AM
Oh, you surprised me RS. But what you said is partially true. I feel if ARR himself had sang the "Dum Dera" bit, it would have had more of a South feel. But since Murtaza rendered it in his typical Qawwali style, it has North written all over it.

But I feel the Northies are going to love this track. So are we.

ajaybaskar
10th November 2006, 11:15 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4334030274287241136

ajaybaskar
10th November 2006, 11:24 AM
[tscii:110872093b]Bappi Lahri: The Rockstar Rocks Again
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, November 07, 2006]

He has had been a butt of many a joke because of his flashy gold jewellery and for being ‘inspired’ by tunes from English pop tunes, but still you just can’t ignore Bappi Lahri. The man with a sweet voice and a fantastic music sense lofted into the public imagination once again recently as he was one of the three celebrity judges of the hugely popular ‘L’il Champs’ reality television show. What’s heartening to note is that Bappi Da is getting back to the big league in a different avatar. After having sung the tapori number ‘Mumbai Nagaria’ in ‘Taxi Number 9 2 11’ for composer duo Vishal-Shekhar, the original rockstar is gonna be heard in the soundtrack of Mani Rathnam’s ‘Guru’ where he has sang an A R Rahman beauty.
Bappi Lahri is best remembered for his Kishore Kumar number ‘Chalte Chalte Mere Ye Geet Yaad Rakhna….Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna…’ It is one of Kishore’s best. ‘Disco Dancer’, ‘Yaad Aa Raha Hai Tera Pyaar’, ‘Namak Halal, ‘Sharaabi’…The list of hits from Bappi Lahri factory is a long one. ‘Kaliyon Ka Chaman Ye Kehta Hai….’…Heard this one…Of course you have…Meghna Naidu sprang into prominence with the video of this remix…But very few know that the original composer of this song is Bappi Da….He also won a court case against a US rap band which had used the loop of the original song in one of their experimental numbers.
It’s good to find Bappi Lahri back in action. Both as a composer as well as a singer. It was heartening to note how compassionately he handled the kids while giving them tips. ‘L’il Champs’ has surely helped him rise in the public eye both as a fine music man as well as a good human being. Looking forward to hearing more from Bappi Lahri in the future…[/tscii:110872093b]

rajasaranam
10th November 2006, 04:34 PM
Oh, you surprised me RS. But what you said is partially true. I feel if ARR himself had sang the "Dum Dera" bit, it would have had more of a South feel. But since Murtaza rendered it in his typical Qawwali style, it has North written all over it.

Surprisingly Iam humming the tune constantly but when i try listening to the song bit here iam developing a distaste, hope they release the songs soon so that i can develop an affinity towards it when it moves on to Symphony/opera style :oops:

dinesh2002
10th November 2006, 05:07 PM

may i know where i can hear the Dum DUm song ?? the 1 which had the northie feel...i felt when ARR sang it ,it had the typical ARR-MR touch...hope its not lost with that murtaza singging it...!!!!

Ramakrishna
10th November 2006, 05:25 PM

may i know where i can hear the Dum DUm song ?? the 1 which had the northie feel...i felt when ARR sang it ,it had the typical ARR-MR touch...hope its not lost with that murtaza singging it...!!!!

Here is the link for a bit of that song
http://rapidshare.com/files/2645109/Guru_-_Tere_Bina_Trailer.avi

dinesh2002
10th November 2006, 05:51 PM
ohh cool man...i heard the song !!! sounds so beautiful!!! and great picturisation..look so grand...!!! more like a shankar picturisation :D :D !!!! great song....!!!!!!!!!! ARR-MR Rocks!!!

dinesh2002
10th November 2006, 05:56 PM
[tscii:6cf4c72d14]

Ilayaraja 10 Films
• Unaru (1985)
• Pagal Nilavu (1985)
• Idaya Kovil (1985)
• Mouna Raagam (1986)
• Nayagan (1987)
• Geethanjali (1989)
• Anjali (1990)
• Thalapathi (1991)

• Roja (1992)
• Thiruda Thiruda (1993)
• Bombay (1995)
• Iruvar (1997)
• Dil Se (1998)
• Alaipayuthey (2000)
• Aayitha Ezhuthu (2004)
• Yuva (2004)
• Guru (2006)
• Lajjo (2007)

Nevertheless, the albums that IR scored for MR too r unique and the combo of IR-MR too was another groundbreaking 1 too!!! Dhalapathi is 1 of my fav album from thier combo!! [/tscii:6cf4c72d14]

Guess_Me
10th November 2006, 09:06 PM
ohh cool man...i heard the song !!! sounds so beautiful!!! and great picturisation..look so grand...!!! more like a shankar picturisation :D :D !!!! great song....!!!!!!!!!! ARR-MR Rocks!!!

Thank God. Someone is with me :D

thamizhvaanan
10th November 2006, 09:34 PM
Nevertheless, the albums that IR scored for MR too r unique and the combo of IR-MR too was another groundbreaking 1 too!!! :thumbsup: :D

btw, I thot all IR-MR albums were blockbusters. What about the first 4 films, never heard of them :roll: Any popular songs from those films? :huh:

Ramakrishna
10th November 2006, 09:39 PM
Nevertheless, the albums that IR scored for MR too r unique and the combo of IR-MR too was another groundbreaking 1 too!!! :thumbsup: :D

btw, I thot all IR-MR albums were blockbusters. What about the first 4 films, never heard of them :roll: Any popular songs from those films? :huh:

MR first film in Kannada had great songs

aruvi
10th November 2006, 09:47 PM
[tscii:1f8d68f44e]Pagal Nilavu and Idhaya Kovil had some great songs.

Regarding Guru, I have little hope that it will be a blockbuster soundtrack. Already, looking at the track lists, it seems a bit too western classical. ARR/MR haven't had a huge blockbuster album in some years.

• Alaipayuthey (2000)
• Aayitha Ezhuthu (2004)
• Yuva (2004)

None of these albums had the appeal and sensation that the previous ones created. To top that, RDB attracted people more after the film released and became a sensational hit. IMO, ARR is trying very hard to incorporate world music into his songs, that he is missing out on native touch.

On the other hand, I can't but hope that Guru will prove me wrong, and be a great album, in the lines of Bombay or Taal. [/tscii:1f8d68f44e]

Nerd
10th November 2006, 10:41 PM
Alaipayuthey (2000)

:shock: :omg:

AFAIK, AP soundtrack was a HUGE hit !!+

Ramakrishna
10th November 2006, 10:42 PM
Alaipayuthey (2000)

:yes: It was a craze then

lancelot
10th November 2006, 11:06 PM
Alaipayuthey (2000)

that album introduced me to ARR and the world of music.

hehe
:D

aruvi
11th November 2006, 01:57 AM
[tscii:19ccab681b]Previous Albums:

• Roja (1992)
• Thiruda Thiruda (1993)
• Bombay (1995)
• Iruvar (1997)
• Dil Se (1998)

None of these albums had the appeal and sensation that the previous ones created.

Keeping aside when each individual started listening to music, Alai Payudey's critical review was dull compared to others. A lot of people felt if was pale after a superhit Dil Se. And yes, it was popular then, but it's popularity didn't match the craze of their previous albums together. That is the point. I would say Alaipayudey songs can be grouped with Kadhal Desam. In terms of initial popularity. [/tscii:19ccab681b]

rajasaranam
11th November 2006, 02:58 AM
<Dig> Pallavi Anu pallavi was MR's first film in Kannada and the album was a huge hit. you would've listened to the IDEA cellular Ad which goes something like 98431....nanananana This is the tune copied from that movie's super hit song 'naguva nayana'
I dont have any idea about Malayalam movie unaru :cry:
Pagal nilavu
http://www.rakkamma.com/filmsongs.phtml?filmid=433
Ithaiya koil
http://www.rakkamma.com/filmsongs.phtml?filmid=353
Hope you will remember them now
<End Dig>

ajaybaskar
11th November 2006, 12:12 PM
Manirathnam is still a Madras man
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, November 11, 2006]

Close on the heels of completing Abhishek Bachchan – Aishwarya starrer Guru, Manirathnam would wield the megaphone for another Bollywood movie titled Lajjo. The movie would star Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor in lead roles.

Now with Manirathnam venturing to do back-to-back Hindi movies, his fans in Tamilnadu are obviously upset.

Adding to it, there were reports that the director had bid bye to Tamil.

However Manirathnam said, 'Both my scripts – Guru and Lajjo are more suited for Hindi audience. Hence I am doing them in Bollywood. I am keen to do a Tamil movie and hopefully by next year, I would do one. Hope my fans like my films and for them I feel language is no barrier', he adds.

APPPAAAADAAA

Scale
11th November 2006, 12:49 PM
Early signs for a musical & visual treat!

Thanks!

MADDY
11th November 2006, 02:15 PM
[tscii:e6c5ed8fa1]
ARR/MR haven't had a huge blockbuster album in some years.

• Alaipayuthey (2000)
• Aayitha Ezhuthu (2004)
• Yuva (2004)

Alaipauthey - huge hit in Tamil and Saathiya rocked whole nation.......every third phone in India that time had pachai nirame ringtone........

KM - National Award for ARR......

AE - sold 1 lakh+ units.......they are claiming VV selling 1.25 lakhs as a himalayan effort.......wat so gr8 abt selling for a hit movie......AE was utter flop and still sold so many......

Yuva - is a flop musical album.....i accept.......Fanna and Anjaana created some impact....thats it....
[/tscii:e6c5ed8fa1]

Jacky
11th November 2006, 03:58 PM
Scale, I'm not so sure about visual treat. He has this habit of playing great songs in the background Yeh Ajnabe, Nenjamella Kadhal, Vellai Pookal.
My apprehensions are higher as this is a biopic abt Dhirubhai. You can have Vijay Mallaya sing duets but Dhirubhai... just keep your fingers crossed!

Guess_Me
11th November 2006, 09:31 PM
ARR's favorite track in Guru is "Tere Bina"

In this mid-day (http://www.mid-day.com/smd/play/2006/november//146074.htm) interview, he says so

rayan36
11th November 2006, 09:59 PM
Scale, I'm not so sure about visual treat. He has this habit of playing great songs in the background Yeh Ajnabe, Nenjamella Kadhal, Vellai Pookal.
My apprehensions are higher as this is a biopic abt Dhirubhai. You can have Vijay Mallaya sing duets but Dhirubhai... just keep your fingers crossed!

Add senyorae from KM to that :cry: really dissapointed

lancelot
11th November 2006, 10:03 PM

Add senyorae from KM to that :cry: really dissapointed

i think Mani had a very diferent approch to that song. but had to do what he did because, i think he must have had problems filming in SL, publicity an stuff.
we didnt even know they came to SL for shooting untill we saw the movie.
but it would have been nice to see Mani shoot a song in Gall Face.

would ahve been nice

hehe

Ramakrishna
12th November 2006, 10:54 AM
Hey guys , u can listen to Guru ringtones in this site.

http://ringtones.indiatimes.com/ringtone/newwebsite/search.jsp

In the search box, type GURU and click on Go

Guess_Me
12th November 2006, 12:55 PM
Hey guys , u can listen to Guru ringtones in this site.

http://ringtones.indiatimes.com/ringtone/newwebsite/search.jsp

In the search box, type GURU and click on Go

Here is the complete pack

http://www.arr4music.com/Guru-PolyTunes.zip

dinesh2002
12th November 2006, 02:06 PM
Barso Re sounds very diff....esp the part " Mitta hai kosa hai,barishka kosa hai,Kosa hai kosa hai..." very very weird & diff...

sorry for the bad hindi lyric.... :P :P...

sonia_fr
12th November 2006, 04:24 PM
Alaipayuthey (2000)

It's still a craze!!!!! People are still asking for alaipayuthey songs on radio! Look at the list of 100 most popular songs on www.musicindiaonline.com, 6 years later alaipayuthey is still on the top list!

Thanks all of you for sharing the trailors! It's great to listen even the few sec songs! From the day of the audio release I'm checking endlessly raaga.com, musicindiaonline, radiosargam & co hoping that someone has managed to get Guru album! We'll have to wait till 18nov! :cry:

Does anyone know wheter Guru will be dubded in tamil, and if so when the tamil album will release? I don't know hindi, I prefer to listen the songs in tamil, understand the lyrics and feel the entire emotions!

MADDY
12th November 2006, 04:34 PM
It's still a craze!!!!! People are still asking for alaipayuthey songs on radio! Look at the list of 100 most popular songs on www.musicindiaonline.com, 6 years later alaipayuthey is still on the top list!

hi sonia, welcome to the hub.....one more ARR fan...... :D

ARR's pic in the avatar is one of the best i have seen......wat a smile........i always call him the smiling assasin.......now u all know y...... :D

wikipedia says :

Guru is a forthcoming Hindi film to be directed by Mani Ratnam. It stars Abhishek Bachchan ,Aishwarya Rai, Madhavan (as the antagonist and Vidya Balan in pivotal roles. The movie also stars Mithun Chakraborty in a supporting role and Mallika Sherawat in a cameo role. The movie will also be dubbed in Tamil and Telugu. The film's score and soundtrack will be composed by A. R. Rahman

so hope for d best... :D

dinesh2002
12th November 2006, 04:35 PM
no sonia....MR has clearly stated he wont dubb this movie in tamil as the story wont suit the tamil audience...... but lets see.... who knows....rite ;)

rayan36
12th November 2006, 05:54 PM
i hope they will dubbed it for the sake the songs as previously hindi-ARR movies :P :P

dinesh2002
12th November 2006, 06:08 PM
i hope they will dubbed it for the sake the songs as previously hindi-ARR movies :P :P

YAA!! i so wanna hear Tera Bina in tamil!! wow!!! :clap: :clap:

great
12th November 2006, 06:39 PM

YAA!! i so wanna hear Tera Bina in tamil!! wow!!! :clap: :clap:

In the dubbed version Uyire was better than Swades !!!!

Ramakrishna
12th November 2006, 06:53 PM
The Baazi Laga tune sounds good :D

Ramakrishna
12th November 2006, 06:55 PM
Even Mayya Mayya tune.

Ramakrishna
12th November 2006, 07:11 PM
When do the CDs come out? Some say 12th. Some say 13th and 16th and 18th are the other dates. Whats the exact date of CD release?

Music4Ever
12th November 2006, 09:34 PM
Tera Bina looks instantly catchy and very promising. ARR's 7-1/2 year Saturn has probably come to an end (If his birthday is Jan 6, 1966, that is. I think his moon sign is Gemini.) and with it the inordinate delays will be a thing of the past. During this period ARR had to work hard and could not reap much success, which is essentially what Saturn will do to a native suffering from its ill effects. So they say. Hopefully Guru will be a blockbuster music album irrespective of the movie's fate at the box office. It may be noted that three or four previous Abishek--Aish movies were flops.

lancelot
13th November 2006, 12:33 AM
that dam dara dam dara song sounds amazing.... cant wait

hehe

thamizhvaanan
13th November 2006, 07:39 AM
Pagal nilavu
http://www.rakkamma.com/filmsongs.phtml?filmid=433
Ithaiya koil
http://www.rakkamma.com/filmsongs.phtml?filmid=353
Hope you will remember them now
<End Dig>

wow! I didn know that "poo malaiye" was from "pagal nilavu" (neither did i know that it was a MR film). I just know that murali and radhika were in that song.

Even in "Ithaiya koyil" I have listened to 3 or 4 songs :thumbsup: Can I get the links of other songs in coolgoose? Hope these films arent aberrations in that magnificient list :D .

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 10:17 AM
Guru - Nayagan Part-II Nov 11, 2006

Ace director Maniratnam marked his name in the annals of Tamil Cinema History with Nayagan.Nayagan still remains his best effort till date and is probably the best gangster movie ever to be made in Indian cinema.Testimony to the fact is its selection as one of the top 100 movies in world cinema by the renowned TIMES magazine.So it wouldn’t surprise us if Mani tries to recreate the Nayagan magic again in silverscreen.And he maybe doing just that with his upcoming GURU. Both movies bear several striking similarities.Both are based on real life personalities.Nayagan was of course based on the life history of Varadaraja Mudaliar,a notorious Mumbai Gangster.Guru,on the other hand,chronicles the life and times of Dhirubai Ambani,the founder of the Reliance group of Industries.
Both are rags-to-riches stories,which Indian audiences lap up,whenever presented in a convincing manner.Another resemblance lies in the way both these personalities were perceived by the public.Varadaraja Mudaliar and Ambani are looked upon as saviours by some,and as unscrupulous by others.

The protagonists of both stories are not heroes who could strike down 50 opponents with their physical might,Instead they were strong willed men who braved hostility and achieved glory by master-minding their opppostion’s downfall.
Both movies are set in Mumbai,Maniratnam’s favourite city. Velu Naicker’s characterization and its portrayal by Kamal Haasan played a big role in Nayagan’s success.If the central role in Guru has the same force and if Abhishek could immortalize his role like Kamal’s Velu Naicker,Maniratnam may well have a winner in his hands with Guru..

Mani,an MBA graduate himself,should be at relative ease filming the life of India’s greatest entrepreneur.We hope Guru lives up to its billing and enthralls Bollywood & Kollywood audiences alike,as its predecessor Nayagan did,20 years back.

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 10:30 AM
Barso Re sounds very diff....esp the part " Mitta hai kosa hai,barishka kosa hai,Kosa hai kosa hai..." very very weird & diff...

sorry for the bad hindi lyric.... :P :P...

Dinesh, GURU audio is releasing in Malaysia even b4 its indian release. I think its on 15th nov.

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 10:34 AM
Last nite, in E 360(CNN-IBN), there was a 10 min footage about Guru. Bachchan clarified that guru was not inspired by Ambani alone but by many other gr8 lives. ARR sang a few lines of Dum Tara..

Hope u guys enjoyed it...

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 10:35 AM
http://www.arr4music.com/Guru-PolyTunes.zip

Guess_Me
13th November 2006, 11:21 AM
One minute long audio samples in CD quality

http://www.blockbusters.in/bollywood/hindi/arrahman-guru-songs-download/

This is incredible

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks a ton,buddy

slperson1
13th November 2006, 11:35 AM
http://www.musichouseltd.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4894

2 songs 1 minute each samples

kb
13th November 2006, 12:04 PM
:notworthy: :notworthy:

nannarey nannarey

sonia_fr
13th November 2006, 01:21 PM
hi sonia, welcome to the hub.....one more ARR fan...... :D

ARR's pic in the avatar is one of the best i have seen......wat a smile........i always call him the smiling assasin.......now u all know y...... :D

Thanks Maddy. :)

Ya I too love the pic, hee we sould open a topic to share ARR's photos! If there isn't already one!

Ramakrishna, according to Mid-day, the CD release is fixed for 18 nov!

I don't understand why MR doesn't want guru to be dubded in tamil! It's unfair for his tamil fans! I taught he belongs to the few directors who do movie by intrest for the topic and not to suit the audience! I personaly don't care about Ambani's achievement, all i want is to watch MR's direction, the scenario, Sujatha's dialogue and the song picturization, in tamil!

Scale
13th November 2006, 01:41 PM
sonia_fr,

Welcome aboard. Your website has some excellent photographs of ARR :) Thanks. Enjoy your stay!

dinesh2002
13th November 2006, 02:41 PM
One minute long audio samples in CD quality

http://www.blockbusters.in/bollywood/hindi/arrahman-guru-songs-download/

This is incredible

:clap:

dinesh2002
13th November 2006, 02:51 PM
not sure if anyone realise this :

when start from 0:50 from the teaser...where syera goes " na na re, na na re " it sounds so much like " Adi rasa,yen rosa,yen rasa mani " from Kummi Adi - SOK....duncha think :D :D...guessing ARR composed these songs during a same period! :D... nevertheless....damn amazing song,if im not mistaken,this is a RAIN song right????

billrafeek
13th November 2006, 04:26 PM
GURU excellent quality song clips...
GURU excellent quality song clips... ARR rules!

http://www.musichouseltd.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=4894&osCsid=39d484d14de86e45b3ad4186ed38ae2c

look for pick1, pick2 at the top, click on it and start listening!

sha
13th November 2006, 05:52 PM
wow... promising

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 07:06 PM
Gr8 songs. Particularly Dum tara

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 07:08 PM
how to convert WMV to mp3? S/W guys, pl help..

sha
13th November 2006, 07:28 PM
sil sil mazhaye enge irunthal- YSR

background tune for first clip remainds me that song.... if im wrong pls correct me..

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 07:43 PM

background tune for first clip remainds me that song.... if im wrong pls correct me..

sil sil mazhaye enge irunthal itself is a straight lift from ARR's chinna chinna mazhaithuligal from en swasa karrae...

kb
13th November 2006, 09:49 PM

sil sil mazhaye enge irunthal itself is a straight lift from ARR's chinna chinna mazhaithuligal from en swasa karrae...

:lol: including picturization

nilavupriyan
13th November 2006, 10:41 PM

suthi suthi adhe paata eduthutu adhukku argument vera!...

sonia_fr
13th November 2006, 11:38 PM
Thank you guys for those songs!

Actually the sil sil malayey picturization is lift from Hindi movie Dil to pagal hai, the shahrukh madhuri song : koi ladka hai! :D

sonia_fr,

Welcome aboard. Your website has some excellent photographs of ARR :) Thanks. Enjoy your stay!

do you mean: www.indiancinema.skyblog.com ?

You better visit http://arrahman.skyblog.com :)

MusicIsLife
14th November 2006, 02:05 AM
Promising, good.

sha
14th November 2006, 10:47 AM

lol... ha ha so this industry is full of copy paste ha>..

Guess_Me
14th November 2006, 08:59 PM
Two more samples

Mayya (Chinmayee, Keerthi, Maryem Toller)
http://rapidshare.com/files/3333467/Guru_-_Mayya.mp3.html

Ey Hairathe (Alka Yagnik, Hariharan)
http://rapidshare.com/files/3333344/Guru_-_Ey_Hairathe.mp3.html

Ramakrishna
14th November 2006, 09:01 PM
Once again thank u guessme :D

Ramakrishna
14th November 2006, 09:05 PM
Ey Hairathe song sounds superb and different. Rahman's usual midas touch can be felt with this song.

Mayya song sounds promising but got to listen to the full song to judge this one correctly.

Ramakrishna
14th November 2006, 09:16 PM
Mayya song is catchy. but i am not sure how the rest of this may turn out.

But Ey Hairathe, Victory and classic written all over it. I am damn sure this song wud be mindblowing.

Ramakrishna
14th November 2006, 09:20 PM
The good thing about these songs are that they sound good at the first listening itself. Teasers ke ippdinaa full songs kettaaa :2thumbsup:

MADDY
15th November 2006, 02:39 AM
Two more samples

Mayya (Chinmayee, Keerthi, Maryem Toller)
http://rapidshare.com/files/3333467/Guru_-_Mayya.mp3.html

Ey Hairathe (Alka Yagnik, Hariharan)
http://rapidshare.com/files/3333344/Guru_-_Ey_Hairathe.mp3.html

guess me, u r doing an great job bringing these clips....great work....keep it up..

Ey Hairathe is very catchy.....surely will be a huge hit... :D

sha
15th November 2006, 10:52 AM
can any one pls upload it to another server , we cant download stuffs from rapidshare here in Duabi.. blody proxy.......

Guess_Me
15th November 2006, 11:26 AM
Okay, then try this

http://www.upload2download.in/download.php?id=B612F51B

sha
15th November 2006, 12:09 PM
thanks man,, i love u... hi hi

newguest
15th November 2006, 12:24 PM
does anyone know if Guru will be released in tamil...

has anyone checked with stores in chennai....

if it is releasing in tamil, will it be on the 18th?

thanks

k_vanan
15th November 2006, 12:26 PM
Checked all shop in KUALA LUMPUR , not yet.

k_vanan
15th November 2006, 12:27 PM
so far 2 new realese only RENDU & CHENNAI KADHAL

Guess_Me
15th November 2006, 01:24 PM
Indiaweekly has started selling Guru audio. So may be it's out.

http://tinyurl.com/yjtw5z

But musicyogi.com has changed their status to "Pre-Order 18th November Release"

rayan36
15th November 2006, 04:27 PM
thanks guess me.............. excellent :yessir: :yessir:

dinesh2002
15th November 2006, 04:57 PM
THE SONGS...WOW....ITS ANOTHER 'BOMBAY' FROM ARRAHMAN - MANI RATNAM !!! will rock the southern states!!!

Ramakrishna
15th November 2006, 07:37 PM
THE SONGS...WOW....ITS ANOTHER 'BOMBAY' FROM ARRAHMAN - MANI RATNAM !!! will rock the southern states!!!

DId u get the cd?

Guess_Me
15th November 2006, 07:41 PM

DId u get the cd?

He must be talking about the samples

MADDY
15th November 2006, 07:48 PM
Rama, where in B'lore to look for the Guru CD?? :D .....

Ramakrishna
15th November 2006, 07:58 PM

I will go to the forum - landmark on 18th Saturday. :D

Ramakrishna
15th November 2006, 07:59 PM

I guess u didn't mean the mp3 cd :wink: :lol:

Hey, it will be available in music world in brigade road and other places. Ellaa authorized music shop liyum kidaikkum nu ninaikiraen

MADDY
15th November 2006, 08:05 PM
no man, ofcourse i will buy the original for our master..... :lol:

that brigade road planetM is full of peters.........they dont respond properly.......also they wud give a look - "who is ARRahman" :evil: .......thats y i asked......

ok me too will try landmark on 18th/....... :D

Ramakrishna
15th November 2006, 08:08 PM
.also they wud give a look - "who is ARRahman"

:evil: Pandaara pasanga

dinesh2002
15th November 2006, 08:19 PM
yea...was talking about the teasers only...

ohh maddy...here the clowns r diff...we go & buy ARRahman cds they will promote Hj's cds saying " intha paate innum supera irukum".... happened to me when i went to buy AH Aah...he gave me Anniyan cd......

sonia_fr
15th November 2006, 09:18 PM
no man, ofcourse i will buy the original for our master..... :lol:

ARR is the one for whom the original CD deserves to be bought ! :D

Here in Paris, I'm still waiting for the original CD of RDB & Water! The shops are only selling some copied version of ARR's latest hindi albums, don't want but them! I think I'll have to go to London to get the original!!!!!! :cry:

rayan36
15th November 2006, 09:36 PM

ohh maddy...here the clowns r diff...we go & buy ARRahman cds they will promote Hj's cds saying " intha paate innum supera irukum".... happened to me when i went to buy AH Aah...he gave me Anniyan cd......

Which cd shop is it :hammer:

MADDY
16th November 2006, 01:38 AM

Which cd shop is it :hammer:

that happens for all ARR albums anywhere......right from Kadhalan days.....

when i went to buy Kadhalan they recommended Nattamai to me... :lol:

When i bought Ratchagan, they recommended Kaadhulukku Mariyadhai...

When i bought Zubeidaa, they recommended Minnale,

When i bought Boys they recommended Kadhal Kondein and the list goes on.......i have fought with all Planet M's and Landmarks, Music worlds from Mumbai to Chennai to B'lore.... :lol:

A.ANAND
16th November 2006, 08:50 AM

ohh maddy...here the clowns r diff...we go & buy ARRahman cds they will promote Hj's cds saying " intha paate innum supera irukum".... happened to me when i went to buy AH Aah...he gave me Anniyan cd......nana iruntha oongi oru' aara'vituruppen :argh:

Guess_Me
16th November 2006, 09:30 AM
Tere Bina extended video (1 minute)

Finally we can listen to the portion sung by Chinmayi, though I wonder if she was a good choice for this song.

http://rapidshare.com/files/3542922/Guru_-_Tere_Bina_Extended_Video.avi

arsaregama
16th November 2006, 10:39 AM
typical rahmanish song .. chinmayi's voice grows in u after some 2 hearings.. :D :D

united07
16th November 2006, 11:59 AM
the intro of Mayya song...is something that has been used time and time again...

anyone have any idea...where it was used before...please

ajaybaskar
16th November 2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/26281/exclusive-aish-abhisheks-jig-in-guru.html

ajaybaskar
16th November 2006, 02:02 PM
http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/25739/rahman-croons-the-sound-of-guru.html

ajaybaskar
16th November 2006, 02:09 PM
[tscii:c4c1a22706]You work mostly with A.R.Rahman
Yes, but I sing for others too. I enjoy singing for A.R.Rahman. He experiments very well with
the songs he asks me to sing. I believe his songs are very different. I really thank God and
A.R.Rahman whenever he calls me to sing for him and we have been giving good songs together so
far.

You are still known as the Neem Neem girl.
‘Kabhi Neem Neem’ became a superhit and hence I came in the lime light. But earlier also I sang
songs which were hits like ‘Kuch Na Kaho’ and ‘Maahi Ve’. But yes, ‘Kabhi Neem’ was a different
song. I sang for Rani and my voice suited her perfectly.

Are you singing in the film Guru?
Yes. I am. The song is called Baazi Laga. It is a very foot tapping number. It is an item song.
I am looking forward to it.

Is this the same song in which Mallika Sherawat does an item number?
I do not know about that. But this song is not on Aishwarya, I can say that. Rest you have to
wait and watch. That is all I can tell you.

http://www.indiafm.com/features/2006/11/13/1820/index.html

[/tscii:c4c1a22706]

Guess_Me
16th November 2006, 11:26 PM
Guru audio released in Dubai

A person in ARR fans Y! Group said he just now got his CD from Dubai

rajasaranam
16th November 2006, 11:44 PM
1 min clips can be had from here till then :)
http://desiupload.net/download.php?id=4968195D
http://desiupload.net/download.php?id=90EEC00D

sloshed
17th November 2006, 01:13 AM
hmmm .. where is the ONE SONG which is gonna bring the crowds to the theatre!!!!! ?????

Cant make anything out from the clips.... if its gonna be like Iruvar .. it better have something in the quality of 'Narumugiye' .... or 'Hello Mr."

Nuthing seems like 'sensational' .. Tera Bina is the only bet...

MADDY
17th November 2006, 02:57 AM
hmmm .. where is the ONE SONG which is gonna bring the crowds to the theatre!!!!! ?????

Cant make anything out from the clips.... if its gonna be like Iruvar .. it better have something in the quality of 'Narumugiye' .... or 'Hello Mr."

Nuthing seems like 'sensational' .. Tera Bina is the only bet...

enna, congress party press release madhiri munnukku purana arikkai vidareenga??? :lol: .......anyways, keep ur negative points coming in sloshed........u r a necessary ingredient in this thread...... 8-) ......esp when ppl. like RS appreciate these songs, we feel like flying, so u need to bring us back to earth...... :D

man, tera bina and ey hairathe are too good......running continously on my system.....also, i have made them my ringtone.......many ppl. in office are like "hey which song is that".......

sloshed
17th November 2006, 03:49 AM
I wouldnt know about the congress party... but yeah from the One min clips... nuthing seems to have hit the jackpot.... I will def be there to appreciate the songs.. Offcourse Mani-ARR is always be dear to me.. or to rip them off.. if they even fail to deliver 50% of what they are capable.....

And please I think we had enuf (atleast me) .. of what people in your office think.... Already taking a cue from you .. Dinesh and folks have started on what his chinese/malay/french friends think!!! Now is it necessary to do this!! ... lets see what the general public in India thinks.. I think they are the one who makes/breaks people...!!
Ey hairathey .... My only hope is Mani picturizations.. will keep the audience from smoke break .... I even wonder if this will be picturized as a whole length song...

Tera Bina .. I agree... its good.... but somehow I miss the impact of Mani-ARR combo... i dont know about others.. AE was a smasher... all the songs rocked.... But the I understand its a period film.... but still its Mani!!!!

aruvi
17th November 2006, 04:13 AM
Athuvum sarithaan:-)

MADDY
17th November 2006, 04:27 AM
And please I think we had enuf (atleast me) .. of what people in your office think.... Already taking a cue from you .. Dinesh and folks have started on what his chinese/malay/french friends think!!! Now is it necessary to do this!! ... lets see what the general public in India thinks.. I think they are the one who makes/breaks people...!!

oh , my office frnds are not general Indians is it??? they are some special kind of species who always listen to watever Maddy plays?? pleaaaasssseeeee........

Ey hairathey .... My only hope is Mani picturizations.. will keep the audience from smoke break .... I even wonder if this will be picturized as a whole length song...

OMG, u r hoping that this song will not be picturised??

Tera Bina .. I agree... its good.... but somehow I miss the impact of Mani-ARR combo... i dont know about others.. AE was a smasher... all the songs rocked.... But the I understand its a period film.... but still its Mani!!!!

after 2 years u will say Guru rocked but i'm really doubtful abt Lajjo..... :lol: .....

sloshed, enna problem, Hj threadla naanga vandhadha??? we visit there once in a blue moon day.........his sainikoodu again opened the "Harris-copies-ARR" pandora box........(infact it was a vijay fan who started that).........we couldnt help it......

but ur criticism of ARR is highly unfair and u just want to criticise him to see us get irritated.......vendam, nalla illa........

just wait and watch Guru's fate ........Swades/KKS madhiri albums dustbinla poradha paarthu paarthu naanga ellam mentally strong-a dhaan irukkom......

sloshed
17th November 2006, 04:42 AM
Maddy,

You got me wrong... where is the criticism here??? I never mentioned bad about anything ...... Probably I will after hearing the full length songs and if it doesnt sound good/match the expectations.

And please i care two hoots about you visiting HJ's threads .. I read all your comments some i liked it ..some I didnt.. but thats what ths forum is all about.... In fact HJ deserves thrashing for 'Sainikudu' .... Had I not been out of country I would have trashed him then...

"Critisim of ARR highly Unfair" - now this is unfair... Where did I critise ARR.???.. having seen Mani all through these years... and seen the way he picturised AE songs... I cant help but feel that Ey hairathey will be picturised in full...

I iwll be frank here .. I have no expectations about Guru the movie.. I still feel this is not the kind of movie that he should be doing to get commercial success... but then Mani doesnt have to prove anything anymore.... to an extent you can also say people of TN doesnt deserve Mani...they have been caught in hero worship ..which will take them years to come out off.....

As far as Swades is concerned the 'snail pace' killed it.. and for KKS... two people should be hung for that ...
1.BR_a - taking the movie.....
2.BR_a - for wasting the songs....

and to an extent ARR should be kicked in the back for delivering those songs... to quote from you .. he should have only given what the movie deserved...!!!
"Theekuruvi song picturized in Switzerland!!!"
- "Preposterous MR. Watson!!"

lancelot
17th November 2006, 07:19 AM
wats with all this desgretion guys? one listens to the mini clips an says the album sucks.. come onnn how can you say that after a preview.
and the other says that the album rocks after listening to the mini clips.. even this i dont think is possible.
honestly even i tot that the album sound good frm the mini clips. but you cant be sure till the album is out.

lets wait and listen to the full album.

note 2 points : mani-ARR normaly never dissapoint. i dont think they will do it with Guru. :D
other, you have to listen to the album atlest 10 times before commenting. thats wat ill do, coz by now we all know that an ARR song needs repeated listening for brains like ours to know the full value of his music. :lol:

hehe

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 08:30 AM
The MP3s have hit the net

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 09:34 AM
Just now finished listening to the whole soundtrack.

What an album it is......Can't pick out my favorites. My least preferred song cud be "Ek Lo Ek Muft" though it has some beautiful interludes.

Ay Hairathen is wonderful. Tere Bina is magical. Barso Re is rocking. Jaage Hain can bring tears (Chithra is so sweet). Mayya is experimental. Baazi Lagaa is for the masses.

All in all only one word for this period masterpiece - BRILLIANT!!!

And whats even better is this review is after the first listening (barring those samples)

Update:

Baazi Lagaa is catching up. Reminds me of "Hum Rahi Jab Ho Mastana" from Pukar, particularly with Udit Narayanan singing.

Movies
17th November 2006, 09:57 AM
Where are u listening to 'em from?

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 10:00 AM
The "usual" sites have the songs for download. And since it is an ARR album, even some tamil mp3 sites are hosting it.

My CD will reach tomorrow. Till then its only MP3.

Movies
17th November 2006, 10:03 AM
hmm..

thineshan54321
17th November 2006, 10:10 AM
Hey guys its 11 39 pm herein canada and i just ifnished my hmwk and i came to check whats going on. OMG was i surprised! ITS RELEASED! ITS REALLY RELEASED!! Guys can someone pm me a site i cant go to sleep without listening to this album. I am sorry but i will buy it soon. Please help guys.

thineshan54321
17th November 2006, 10:35 AM
hey guess me please pm me please i beg u. I really need these songs i cant go to sleep without these. please

vijayr
17th November 2006, 10:52 AM
Guess_me, how long would it have taken for you to just post the darn links?

thineshan54321
17th November 2006, 10:53 AM
damn i am going to sleep, this night will be the most restless night ever. Knowing that a rahman album released and not hearing it right away. O man damn, cya later guys. Enjoy the songs, hope u have fun guess me, while i suffer, lol.

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 10:55 AM

What do you mean vijay?

rayan36
17th November 2006, 10:58 AM
looked everywhere can't find the songs :D,. i dunno if it has arrived in MY...can't wait until it gets here :o

vijayr
17th November 2006, 11:05 AM

What do you mean vijay?

I mean the links of the mp3 sites where Guru songs are hosted as you announced earlier. Thinesan has been literally begging for the links. How long would it have taken you to just mention those sites at least? Consider it next time

vijayr
17th November 2006, 11:11 AM

What do you mean vijay?

You REALLY didnt understand what I meant?!!

I meant the links of the mp3 sites where Guru songs are hosted as you announced earlier. Thinesan has been literally begging for the links. How long would it have taken you to just mention those sites at least? Consider it next time

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 11:11 AM
I mean the links of the mp3 sites where Guru songs are hosted as you announced earlier. Thinesan has been literally begging for the links. How long would it have taken you to just mention those sites at least? Consider it next time

Sorry Vijay and sorry thineshan. I woke up today and has been listening to Guru songs for such long hours that I even forgot to have my breakfast. Before I saw thineshan's message, I left for the table. Now only I came back and has PMmed all the guys who requested.

Once again sorry guys

vijayr
17th November 2006, 11:14 AM
Guess_me, you STILL have'nt posted the links to those sites here. :-)

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 11:15 AM
Guess_me, you STILL have'nt posted the links to those sites here. :-)

I have PMmed it to those people who asked for it.

Should we post it in public?

chocktalk
17th November 2006, 11:18 AM
please post the sites to download guru songs. we would all like to enjoy the songs, thank you

vijayr
17th November 2006, 11:19 AM
I saw your PM, Thanks. It makes no sense that you would PM them but not post it here due to privacy issues. , You could have mentioned earlier that you didnt want to post it here, it would have saved everyone the trouble of waiting. Iam not mentioning that link here(is that your private space?) since you dont want to. Continue your PMs :-)

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 11:24 AM
I saw your PM, Thanks. It makes no sense that you would PM them but not post it here due to privacy issues. , You could have mentioned earlier that you didnt want to post it here, it would have saved everyone the trouble of waiting. Iam not mentioning that link here(is that your private space?) since you dont want to. Continue your PMs :-)

There are lots of people here who just come and read without taking part in discussions. I dont want to share it with them. Whoever I am PMming, I know they will buy the retail discs and this downloading stuff is just bcoz they cant wait till it gets shipped to their country.

vijayr
17th November 2006, 11:31 AM
Guess_me, if the songs are already out there, they are already out there. You are not achieving anything by not posting the links. You are just delaying the inevitable for a few ppl :-) By tomorrow, ppl would have figured out the sites and would have D/Led the songs

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 11:37 AM
I know that vijay. But I dont want to be instrumental in that. Let them find it on their own.

arsaregama
17th November 2006, 12:15 PM
i too found the links .. but have ordered my copy from planet m tomm... anyways this movie is worth a mention in rahman's hits list.. the songs r out of the world ... but listen atleast thrice bfore commenting

arsaregama
17th November 2006, 12:44 PM
rahman has done injustice avaru harris jeyarajkum himesh kum neraiya loop puthusa kooduthutaru!!!1 after 5th listening its rocking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!nanarey nannarey....!

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 01:00 PM
Guess me,
That was too unfair, you cant expect everyone to comment here in the hub. Some are shy or just leechers we neednt care about them
Well I have a link and posting it here
please bear with me :wink:
http://desistorage.com/?act=dl&q=238
http://desistorage.com/?act=dl&q=239
http://desistorage.com/?act=dl&q=240
http://desistorage.com/?act=dl&q=241
http://desistorage.com/?act=dl&q=242
http://desistorage.com/?act=dl&q=243
http://desistorage.com/?act=dl&q=244
I have started downloading will be back with my comments after listening
:)

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 01:02 PM
Thats ok, RS. Like I said I dont want to be instrumental in that. Glad that you posted it.

Now we can expect more reviews pouring in from all directions.

ajaybaskar
17th November 2006, 01:31 PM
Hello ,

I am usually a silent reader in this group , but for the first time i decided to send out a review of the songs of guru in the group. enough of the intro , so let me start with the summary of the album.

Summary:

A.R.Rahman, the man has grown from a vibrant young musical genius in Roja to a musical god in Guru. The songs in my perspective are some of the best ARR has ever composed, why ??, it is truly original for starters(no mix or hint of prev tunes). The usage of a wide variety of instruments is growing to a considerable extent in Rahman's tunes, hope he keeps introducing more groundbreaking tunes and instruments not used in repetitive Indian film music.

Song 1-

Jage Hain - I personally was looking forward to hear this song. It starts of with a very soft but tuned recite of the lyrics by Chitra with some orchestra violin and strong base cello in the background. ARR's voice slowly blends in with the cello , i should say the first recite of the lyrics by ARR is as soft as one can get after which he sings the same lyrics in a high pitch , the madras chorus group pitches in with thier recitation. Overall for me this is the highlight of the album, it sets the right tone for the movie and a very inspiring usage of the orchestra skills.

Song 2-

Tere Bina - The humming of :Dhum dara Dhum Dara" was already in our lips even before the album came out. The music has got some wonderful lyrics and gets you calm after the riveting Jage Hain song. Special mention to Chinmayee , my first impression when i heard her peice in this song was " Wow, what a voice to have". This is the first time i heard her and trust me her voice has really worked wonders with ARR's for this song. Another special mention is that ARR has dedicated this song to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - in the album cover.

Song 3-

Ek Harirathey - A top class blend of Ghazal. The catchy

" Dham Dara DHam Dara" is once again thrown into this song for the kicks of it. . Hariharan's voice and pitch sounds like magic. Special mention about Prasad on the tabla , really good.

Song 4

Ek Lo Ek Muft- Well, let me be frank about this song, i think has not done justice to the amount of hype it created. Having said that, let me keep me mind that the director of this film is a guy capable of projecting a donkey like a horse on the big screen, the visuals might justify this song. Let us wait and see.

Song 5

Bazi Laga- A short description of this song

Kind of fast paced, good tune, I guess having Mallika Sherawat dance for this would justify the songs pace and tune. But a good song to listen to it .

Song 6

Barso Re- A great rendition of flute to start of with . Since we know that this is a song picturized on Aishwarya in rain , the beat might just give your foot a little exercise with the foot tapping you would do while listening to this.

Well there you have it, my humble on this album. Before i stop let me tell you my review is only my humble opinion . I have not hyped the songs even to a little extent.

Thanks

--
B'ram

courtesy:arrfans@yahoogroups

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 01:32 PM
Looks like the reviewer confused Baazi Lagaa for Mayya. Mayya is the one for Mallika Sherawat and that song is missing in the review.

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 01:36 PM
Listening to 'Barso Re' The song start and tune sound too south Indian and the whole song would make good in Tamil too :) Iam loving this song. The rhythmic percussion accompanying would make even a physically challenged to stand up and dance.

ajaybaskar
17th November 2006, 01:39 PM
Listening to 'Barso Re' The son start and tune sound too south Indian and the whole song would make good in Tamil too :) Iam loving this song. The rhythamic percussion accompanying would make even a physically challenged to stand up and dance.

where did u get the cd,buddy?

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 01:42 PM
ajay,
as all, Iam listening them from mp3 d/l will buy the CD once its out :)

ajaybaskar
17th November 2006, 01:44 PM
From Where did u download? Can u help me out? i cant hide my expectations,pl...

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 01:48 PM
ajay,

It seems you dont read all the posts dude. See the first post in this page :wink:

ajaybaskar
17th November 2006, 01:50 PM
Sorry,friend. i did'nt see that..

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 02:53 PM
thanks for links RS!!

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 03:17 PM
Pokiri Pokiri Pokiri Pokiri Pokiri Rajaaaa...
Podhumey Podhumey Podhumey Podhumey Podhumey Thaaja...
Kunguma Kunguma Kunguma Kunguma Kunguma Poove...
Konjum Konjum Konjum Konjum Konjum Puraave...
Does this ring a bell somewhere! listen to 'Baazi lagaa' from Guru. Even the 'Aiyee aiyee yo' is from an old song which iam not able point right now. it seems this song is mixture many old songs :)
Kurukku Siruthavalae from 'Muthalvan' is being reworked in the charanams of 'tere bina'.Even the beats are too similar
'Ek Lo Ek muft' is definitely inspired too, cant point it right now.
the dialogues from Arabic 'Mayya' has the same ideas from his own Satrangi Re/ Enuyire of Dilse.
'Ay hairathe' is good rahmanic interpretation of 'Ghazal' genre.
'Jaage Hain' is a good composition but will not create an interest as standalone. It will be good with the visuals.
'Barso Re' is the best of the album which can be heard as a standalone song though it has the same arrangements/patterns beaten to death by many composers around.
On the whole the album disappoints in whole without anything new init failing to the hype generated over it. but can be appreciated for the neat packaging of the songs making it a listenable album. Definitely not a passable one!

MADDY
17th November 2006, 04:30 PM
ennayya paattellam chappunnu irukku.......oru kick-e illa :cry: :cry: :cry:

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 04:35 PM
agreed...one the 1st & second listenin...im tottaly dissapointed !! so many SOK influence too.... esp in Mayya starting sounds so much like Maaricham.....

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 04:43 PM
Mayya Mayya sounds so much like Raasaiya - Mangal Pandey...... the Bappi Lahiri song is the worse in the album... this is all from 1st & 2nd listening... :hammer:

billrafeek
17th November 2006, 04:46 PM
OMG!!! the songs r rockin!!! specially Maya Maya song....

billrafeek
17th November 2006, 04:48 PM
Even though i listen only one time, i mean now its goin 2nd time Maya Maya and Baazi Lage both out of the world... come on guys this s very nice album...

arsaregama
17th November 2006, 04:57 PM
that happens i told u ppl not to comment bfore hearing it at least three times .. why do u ppl spoil others interest ...if u think u are bter reviewers do it after some 5 hearings.....if u can create some new sound without inspiration go and sit with mani for his next movie ....rahman rocks ...its true.. guru is only for a normal listener not for music scientist testing the origin...so shut it...!!!

ajaybaskar
17th November 2006, 05:00 PM
Well said, friend

ajaybaskar
17th November 2006, 05:01 PM
The songs wud suit the movie for sure

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 05:21 PM
yo bro....we r ARR fans...not ARR jaldra... :notworthy:

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 05:26 PM
Bazi Laga & Barso re is very catchy...... Tera Bina & Ay Hairathe r typical ARR-MR,divine tunes.... :D

MADDY
17th November 2006, 05:46 PM
yenna Dinesh, ippave maatram theriyudhu........wat disappoints me is there are no new sounds......if ARR is not giving new sounds then he should atleast stick to some simple rythms or patterns/..........idhuvum illama, adhuvum illama, rendukkum madhiyil maatikkittu muzhika padathu......

neways still listening to it in a dabba speaker....will listen to it in good system when i get to office.... :lol:

dinesh2002
17th November 2006, 05:54 PM
yenna Dinesh, ippave maatram theriyudhu........wat disappoints me is there are no new sounds......if ARR is not giving new sounds then he should atleast stick to some simple rythms or patterns/..........idhuvum illama, adhuvum illama, rendukkum madhiyil maatikkittu muzhika padathu......

neways still listening to it in a dabba speaker....will listen to it in good system when i get to office.... :lol:

exactly Maddy....i dunno y isnt people telling this simple thing to ARR.... the thing is, these 4 songs r the 1 im confartable with...couldnt belive the other songs r under the ARR-MR combo... probably it would suit the movie as Ajay said... but i really dun dare to even look back at previous albums from the gigantic combo & to compare with it with Guru...it will make me fear more... :shock:

Bappi Lahiri song is soo boring... something like Majja Majja,the full stop in a complete album.... [IMO]..... though it sounds good in certain time,it def didint atrack ANY normal listeners.... ARR is too into this experimenting thing.... his music needs to reach the MAKKALS.... which is def lacking in this past few years... lets see how GURU is gonna turn out with the Hindi Audience...

btw...any news on GURU dubbing into tamil ???

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 05:57 PM
ennappaa kozhapareenga? Paattunga nallaakeethaa illaya?

MADDY
17th November 2006, 06:33 PM
ennappaa kozhapareenga? Paattunga nallaakeethaa illaya?

Ram thambi, paattu ellam d/l panni neeye kelu......namma RS sir link koduthhurikurarula.....

SVN
17th November 2006, 06:36 PM
*** Barso Re Megha has a pleasantly catchy starting line, chorus and beats.

It has a more Rajasthani than Gujju flavour in the pallavi and a South Indian

flavor in the charanams. I enjoyed the charanam's unpredictable progression

very much. However, considering it's a period film, and assuming this song

comes in the 50's, with a young Aishwarya dancing in the rain, the flavour of

the preiod is definitely missing. It sounds more 90's. Nevertheless, this song

would definitely become popular, especially in nexy year's Navratri dandiyas.

*** Maiya Maiya: It starts off with a neat prelude: "Tu Neel Samandar Hai...

Main Ret ka Saahil Hoon." (You are the blue ocean (whilst) I'm the sand

wave)
The arabic theme is unmistakable. Sounds great overall, with the lead singer

Maryam's voice bringing in the right flavor. However the female chorus that

comes in the first half could have been treated differently or avoided

completely, as it is exactly like the chorus in Dil Se's "Sat Rangi Re (Ishq Par

Zor Nahin... line)". Ditto is another male voice that renders an alaap, which is

quite like ARR's solo song in the Hindi film, "Saathiya". This "Item Number" is

likely to get a lot of attention, not just for its new sound but also because of

the Mallika factor.

*** Aye Hairathein
A Lovely composition.
We get to hear Hariharan's mellifluous voice after a long time. I loved the

'pause' used by ARR in the composition just after the words 'Vat' and 'Mat',

which IR too has used effectively in the past in many compositions.

The orchestration is smooth, with a rich feel brought in by the strings and the

tabla beats brining in a Qawwali feel. Someone like Chinmayee would have

elevated this song to greater heights. Alka Yagnik with her 'flat' rendition does

not do justice to this composition.

*** Ek Lo Aur Ek Muft
This looks like a situational song, announcing the birth of twins to the lead

couple (a la Bombay's Halla Gulla song). I was surprised by Chitra's rendition... very a-typical... the effortless attitude she brings in to the song is plain amazing! (I hope it's the same KS Chitra and not some North Indian singer)?

In spite of many positives, why is that I get a feel that it's not in the same league as some of ARR-Mani combos like Dil Se, Roja and Thiruda Thiruda?

thineshan54321
17th November 2006, 06:49 PM
Hey guess me, thanks for the links, i just woke up. Thanks vijay for understanding how i feel. I have to go to school now so i cant listen to it now, :roll: :cry: . When i come back its guru night. BTW i am also going to buy the CD on my way. Please everyone go buy the CD.

rayan36
17th November 2006, 07:00 PM
i agree with billrafek, maaya maya n baazi laga are awesome.

Maaya maaya starts like maricham but later changes in its real mood. arabian style rendition, some saranam is like in en uyire(UYIRE) a typical hindi song definitely will suit the northers with Malika in it for sure

Baazi laga is another dance number, very latin ( i liked it), Udit Narayanan n Sadhana has done their part well, somehow the chorus sounded as the same as Maaya maaya at some points

AFTER all the hype and hoopia of Baapi singing for ARR :cry2: waste, maybe it suits the script. other songs have to wait, i'm stuck with these two :mrgreen:

SVN
17th November 2006, 07:01 PM
I left out the Baazi Laga song.
It's again a situational number. Has an early 80's Shankar Ganesh song feel to it. May be it was the director's requirement.. Except for the chord change towards the end, there's nothing novel about this song. Strictly OK.

rayan36
17th November 2006, 07:07 PM
I left out the Baazi Laga song.
It's again a situational number. Has an early 80's Shankar Ganesh song feel to it. May be it was the director's requirement.. Except for the chord change towards the end, there's nothing novel about this song. Strictly OK.

SHANKAR GANESHAA :shock:

ezy0265
17th November 2006, 07:08 PM
Tera Bina is a shameless rip from Fateh Ali Khan.....i did not expect music wizard to stoop so low.....this album my first impression is failure!

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 07:13 PM
Listening to Tera Bina song. great song.

rayan36
17th November 2006, 07:22 PM
Tera Bina is a shameless rip from Fateh Ali Khan.....i did not expect music wizard to stoop so low.....this album my first impression is failure!

At some point ARR did said he dedicated the song to Fateh Ali Khan. It was intended :wink:

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 07:26 PM
Ay Hairathe - Superb stuff

These two songs Tere Bina and Ay Hairathe captured my attentiom on the first listening itself. Got to check out other songs.

Guess_Me
17th November 2006, 07:28 PM

At some point ARR did said he dedicated the song to Fateh Ali Khan. It was intended :wink:

Yes it is printed in the CD inlay

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 07:52 PM
Ay Hairathe is super stuff, neat rendering by Hariharan But ARR could've avoided that 'Dum dumdera' bit in this song it takes away the feel of a ghazal song. Is this First Ghazal song by ARR ? I know he has done Qawwali but not a typical ghazal AFAIK 8-)
Even Repeated listenings [more than 5 times] have not stirred up an interest into other songs other than Barso re and Ay hairathe :(

inetk
17th November 2006, 07:58 PM
100 words, as usual, on Guru's music!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

Karthik S

lancelot
17th November 2006, 08:00 PM
still downloading the songs.. will listen an tell u guys wat i think...

wat ana mazing bday present frm Mani and ARR...

hehe

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 08:13 PM
Ay Hairathe is magical stuff :omg:

lancelot
17th November 2006, 08:26 PM
Song 1 - Barso Re
its raining outside... an this song is making me want to go out an dance. super beat

hehe

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 08:27 PM
Tere Bina song is good but ARR's voice is literally not audible at normal volume. If i keep the volume in full only i am able to hear ARR and Chinmayee voice and lyrics. Tune is good.

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 08:36 PM
Till now i have been repeatedly listening to only Tere Bina and Ay Hairathe. Not listened to other songs. These two are mindblowing.

kb
17th November 2006, 08:38 PM
bappi lahiri song is gud.. after three listenings... its kinda of situational were abhishek is drunk with his partner..

so will be gud in the screen..little humour in this song

lancelot
17th November 2006, 08:53 PM
Song 2 - Tere Bina
simply mindblowing. what an amazing song. ARR an chinmai's voice is just beautiful

hehe

lancelot
17th November 2006, 08:54 PM
Song 3 - Ek Lo Ek Muft
hmmm am not realy sure what to say about this. may be it needs a touch of Manirathnam touch. lets wait an see

hehe

lancelot
17th November 2006, 09:00 PM
Song 4 - Mayya
good stuff. nice song... but not my kind of music.. but will listen to it more... may be ill like it after awhile

hehe

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 09:01 PM
Baazi Laga - What an amazing foot tapping number. I am really hooked on to this one too.

So far three great songs i have heard.

lancelot
17th November 2006, 09:02 PM
Song 5 - Ay Hairathe
pick of the album. amazing music with some amazing singing. hariharan is mindblowing.
brings the whole Iruver feel to the album.....

love this song

hehe

lancelot
17th November 2006, 09:09 PM
Song 6 - Baazi Laga
fast!!!! i like fast... super song....full jolly....
will listen again an see wats so godd about it

hehe

lancelot
17th November 2006, 09:11 PM
Song 7 - Jaage Hain
amazing music. this just reminds me of the Bombay theam. but with lyrics.
super o super

will give full review of the album after listening alot more...
i have a feeling this album is going to rock...

hehe

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 09:21 PM
Listened to Jaage Hain now. Scintillating is the least expressive word i can use for this song, there is something more to this song.

So far Guru album has been great for me :D

Nerd
17th November 2006, 11:10 PM
Too many negative reviews :shock:

Guys please keep in mind that its a PERIOD film and the music should go well with it. Having said that the songs are better than mangal pandey, which wasnt bad either :thumbsup:

Except the bappi lahiri song all the others are outstanding and would get better. The songs in fact have raised the expectations for the movie :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
17th November 2006, 11:41 PM
I am listening to Ek lo Ek Muft song. I am liking this song. It is surprising that nobody likes this song. it is a nice attempt. :D

The lyrics are entertaining. if u can understand them, this song will be a decent experience.

MADDY
18th November 2006, 01:06 AM
RamaKrishna & Lancelot........enna idhu u guys have hijacked this thread literally..... :lol:

hmm, i have just listened to tere bina some 30 times in 2 hrs just to find out what i'm not liking in it........ :lol: ........surely for once, i felt ARR shuldnt have sung a song........esp the way he has killed Hindi words :oops: .....i can now understand y ppl. get irritated when Udit sings in tamil.......apart from that, song is mesmerising......but still i'm finding faults.......please wish me luck........ :lol:

( is it a copy of Nursat's song???? if it is then ARR shuldnt get any credit :cry: )

popeye11
18th November 2006, 02:54 AM
Very Good Album .. All songs are fantastic
My Pick are Ay Hairathe and Tere Bina

baba88
18th November 2006, 03:04 AM
If anybody couldn't get the cd he can download the songs at www.Tamilmp3tracks.com

I don't wanna spoil A.R.Rahman's Business. This is only an Information for people who live in Europe or in America. They can't get the cd easily. True A.R.Rahman go and buy the CD.

Surya
18th November 2006, 03:48 AM
Thank You Rajasaranam for the links! :thumbsup: :D

So far I've heard all the songs once so far...

1.) Barso Re - So far, I think it's alright, but I can tell that this is one of those songs that I'm going to be addicted to soon...8-) :clap:

I really like the Southern Touch that ARR has given to it! 8-)

2.) Tere Bina - The "Dham Dhare Dham Dhare Mastu Mastu" is Enough to get one to be Obcessed with this song! :thumbsup: It's amazing!!

3.) El Lo Ek Muft - .....eh......I don't like this song much at all...I'll stop @ that.

4.) Mayya Mayya - Nice! 8-) Reminds me of some work of ARR before....Can't pinpoint which song yet...Trying to think of it...but who cares? The song ROCKS! 8-) :clap:

5.)Ay Hairathe - Mindblowing! The Song Starts Once Again with the "Dham Dhara Dham Dhara" and Harikaran has created wonder with his voice! :thumbsup: Excellent...Probably my most favorite song in the Album!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

6.) Baazi Laga - Mediocre...Nothin much to say about it...it's a feet tapping song, but personally didn't impress me much.

7.) Jaage Hain - I like the classical Symphony touch that ARR has given to it...It's good! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall, the Album is quite good! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: There is only 1 song that I didn't like...the others were all good! :2thumbsup:

dinesh2002
18th November 2006, 04:38 AM
Maddy...i agree with u...though i dun understand Hindi...i feel its a song ARR shouldnt have sang...... :lol: Chinmayi was mindblowing....

hmm...guys,can anyone tell me the Nursat's song that was an inspiration for this song...thanks...

Guys....im slowly changing my view towards the album....liking all the songs except the Bappi's song......

nickraman
18th November 2006, 05:08 AM
GURU - Master Class

So after Dil Se and Saathiya, director Mani Ratnam, ARR and lyricist Gulzar come together after the spectacular chartbusters from the respective films. The hype around this period film with an A cast and A-crew, one wonders how the public will react.

But now comes the million dollar question. Do the trio succeed in another album? To an extent, yes. But enough of my prologue and let's focus on the tracks.

Barso Re starts off the album with a flute instrumental. Followed by singers, Shreya Goshal & Keerthi, the music in this song is very good. It's got some south flavor and it's got potential for a rain scene with Aish. Overall, good start to the album.

Tere Bina is sort of lifted from Rang De Basanti's "Rubaroo", but don't worry, it's not a DIRECT lift, just inspired. It's a good number and with good lyrics and vocals from ARR, Chinmayee, one knows that this song has the potential to pick up popularity. Seems situational, but that's just me.

Ek lo Ek Muft is however a disappointment. This is the Bappida (Bappi Lahiri) song that was hyped up among ARR fans sometime back when ARR composed the songs for this film. Again, going back to the tune, it's another situational number definetly. Chitra's okay but really, she could've lowered ver vocals a bit. Bappi does his best, but fails. With a little Mani magic, this song MIGHT get picked up. ***

Mayya starts off slow, but then it picks up. Again, ARR seems to be inspired from Dil Se's "Satrangi Re" or rather, Anu Malik's "Asoka". Apparently, it's the "Mallika" item number, hence the beats were heavily heard throughout the song. Rendered by Marya Toller, Chinmayee, & Keerthi, the song is bound to be a hit among masses (IMO). ****

Ay Hairathe is possibly a pick of the album. Tere Bina's repetitive chorus led by ARR is heard about in this song. Sung by Hariharan and Alka Yagnik, the song is excellent in tune, lyrics, and I'm not going further into the album. This song is a MUST HEAR.

Baazi Laga is a foot tapper in the album. With lifts from latin music, ARR's done justice to the song. With Udit Narayan and Madhrushee the song is another pick of the album. ****

Jaage Hain is a slow symphonic number led by ARR and the Madras chorus group. Very similar to the Bombay theme. Again, it's good for situation/BGM type of thing. ***.5

Overall, the music is first class. Barso Re, Tere Bina, Ay Hairathe, Maaya and Baazi Laga are potential ear draggers. The other two can be considered situational. (Of course think LRMB, when they had all situational and the film worked of course.)

Rating: 3.8 ~ 4/5

dinesh2002
18th November 2006, 06:15 AM
ok....now the song im listenin to like 15 times is Bazi Laga...damn!! such an addictive song !!! :D :D cant stop playing it over & over again!!! is the CD released in Malaysia???

MADDY
18th November 2006, 06:20 AM
dinesh, nambala jananga adikka poranga..... :lol: .........how did u go upto bazee laga??? i'm not able to go beyond tere bina and ey hairathe..... :lol:

Guru music's worldwide release was on 12th./.....thot it will come to Malasiya first and then only to India....

dinesh2002
18th November 2006, 07:56 AM
dinesh, nambala jananga adikka poranga..... :lol: .........how did u go upto bazee laga??? i'm not able to go beyond tere bina and ey hairathe..... :lol:

Guru music's worldwide release was on 12th./.....thot it will come to Malasiya first and then only to India....

hahahhaha maddy.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ....ungala adikirangala illaiyo, ennai seruppala adhiciruvange... :rotfl: im not sure too maddy...how i end up with Bazi laga.... :P :P..... and no Maddy,the Cd is not released here yet.... still waiting listenin to the Mp3s..... feel kinda guilty..... :confused2:

stone cold
18th November 2006, 08:04 AM
love all the songs except the El Lo Ek Muft.

Wibha
18th November 2006, 09:15 AM
TERE BINa IS JUST AWESOMEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!..................... ..

ARR is always da bestttttttttttt.........................HE ROCKS

arsaregama
18th November 2006, 09:58 AM
i insisted on review not negative poisoning dinesh .. i know u r'ent a jaldra .... remember being a fan ur supposed to kindle interest not spoil the image of rahman with the initial hearings ...... bringing out a Innovative attempt in music is very tough than criticing it in a single sentence ppl .. happy that the actual reviews r coming around now...

after a night full of listening guru in one word is inspirational

Music4Ever
18th November 2006, 10:18 AM
Ay Hairathe Aashiqui is my pick, although I haven't yet heard the album fully. This particular number is delectable, simply delicious. ARR has done full justice to this number musically. Hariharan is awesome. I am a great fan Mohammad Rafi and OP Nayyar combo songs and this one is just like that. Vintage stuff. Super song, ARR.

dinesh2002
18th November 2006, 10:20 AM
i insisted on review not negative poisoning dinesh .. i know u r'ent a jaldra .... remember being a fan ur supposed to kindle interest not spoil the image of rahman with the initial hearings ...... bringing out a Innovative attempt in music is very tough than criticing it in a single sentence ppl .. happy that the actual reviews r coming around now...

after a night full of listening guru in one word is inspirational

wow...for u,the bolded line is only for A.R.Rahman or for other Mds also... ????? :smokesmile: never seen this attitude from u on other Mds esp on HJ or YSR :boo:

ajaybaskar
18th November 2006, 10:29 AM
I donno wat word wud describe my feel after listening to this album. After a long time, i had a sleepless night yesterday. I have been listening to all the songs repetitevely. This man ARR has god's grace aplenty. Otherwise he wud'nt have given such a divine music. The songs are growing on me everytime i hear them. Tere bina and ai hairathey r my picks. GR8 ALBUM.....

ajaybaskar
18th November 2006, 10:35 AM
Guru is available from yesterday night 8.30pm in Music World - Chennai

ajaybaskar
18th November 2006, 10:38 AM
Guru complete credits

The song "Tere Bina" is dedicated to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Saab - fondly remembering his
association with me through this decade - A.R.Rahman

1. Barso Re
Shreya Ghoshal, Uday Mazumdar

2. Tere Bina
A. R. Rahman, Chinmayee
Additional Voices - Murtuza, Qadir
Dialect Coach - Raqeeb Alam

3. Ek Lo Ek Muft
Bappi Lahiri, Chitra
Additional Voices - Tanvi, Saloni, Boney, Jaidev

4. Mayya
Chinmayee, Keerthi, Maryem Toller
Dialect Coach: Devika
Programming and additional arrangements - Ranjit Barot

5. Ey Hairathe
Alka Yagnik, Hariharan
Additional Voices - A.R.Rahman, Aslam Mohammed

6. Baazi Laga
Bhargavee, Madhushree, Swetha, Udit Narayan
Additional Programming - Pravin Mani

7. Jaage Hain
A. R. Rahman, Chitra, Madras Chorale Group

Musicians' Coordinators - Samidurai, Ganesh
Recorded and mixed at: Panchathan Record Inn, AM Studios, Chennai; Phase One, Toronto

Musicians:

Kabuli, Christi Samuels, Neel Mukherjee - Guitars
Naveen, Kiran - Flutes
Prasad, Neelakantan - Tablas
Chennai String Orchestra Conductor - Srinivasamoorthy
Music Assistants - Satish Chakravarthy, Krishna Chetan
Recording Engineers - S. Sivakumar, Aditya Modi, Karthik, Shafi
Mixing Engineers - H. Sridhar, KJ Singh
Mastering Engineers - H. Sridhar, S. Sivakumar

ajaybaskar
18th November 2006, 10:58 AM
Arya Babbar goes negative in 'Guru'
Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Friday, November 17, 2006]

Raj Babbar's son Arya started his career with Raj Kanwar's 'Ab Ke Baras' a few years back.

Though he was reasonably decent, the film flopped and along with it Arya's dreams of stardom. His subsequent films like 'Mudda' and 'Thoda Tum Badlo Thoda Hum' sunk without a trace and Arya disappeared from the Bollywood scene for more than two years until Mani Rathnam signed him on for 'Guru.'

In an attempt to build a second innings, Arya is apparently appearing as a negative character in 'Guru' and he is said to have a meaty role in the film.

Starring Abhishek Bachchan in the title role along with Mithun Chakravorty, Aishwarya Rai, Madhavan and Vidya Balan, 'Guru' has music by A.R.Rahman and is set for release on January 12th.

july
18th November 2006, 11:20 AM
Ey Hairathe (Best of the best)
Tere Bina
Jaage Hain
Baazi Laga
Ek Lo Ek Muft
Barso Re
Mayya (i dont like the way this song shaped out in the middle, but still there is something special in this song)

overall this is great album.. (Really love it, even i skipped listening Paruthiveeran,Chennai Kadhal & Rendu)
i'm waiting eagerly for the cd arrive here to buy..
dont want all Arr effort go waste with piracy..
:)

A.ANAND
18th November 2006, 12:00 PM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!huh!!!nam ma thalavar ....sollla vartha illai!!! :omg: :omg: ennama pattu!!!tere bina,hairate,barsore,mayya wonderfull :clap: :clap: maddy,dinesh unngalukku songs pidikilana 'valameenu'pattu kelungga :lol:

A.ANAND
18th November 2006, 12:46 PM
yammo yammo ...song wow!!!1 bottle carlsberg potta kik :lol: :lol:

arsaregama
18th November 2006, 12:48 PM
i am not a hater of hj and yuvan all my post on hj would be after 20 days from the album release whenevr a album is out ppl like to see the initial review of it .. as u know a rahman album grows on u after each listening.. so whts the need in finding faults at the initial stage ... rahman once in a while recycles loops but give it a complete different feel
where hj and yuvan are almost repetitive in all their albums ... soo my point was reviews should make others listen not develop the hatred first... enna thambi dinesh ohk va

Scale
18th November 2006, 01:09 PM
Have anyone come across any links for Lyrical translation. Please post it.

Rombave puriyala :redjump:

A.ANAND
18th November 2006, 01:27 PM
i am not a hater of hj and yuvan all my post on hj would be after 20 days from the album release whenevr a album is out ppl like to see the initial review of it .. as u know a rahman album grows on u after each listening.. so whts the need in finding faults at the initial stage ... rahman once in a while recycles loops but give it a complete different feel
where hj and yuvan are almost repetitive in all their albums ... soo my point was reviews should make others listen not develop the hatred first... enna thambi dinesh ohk vadamn right sir!!

MADDY
18th November 2006, 01:47 PM
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,114124,00.html

go to this page and listen to "Nuthin without you -Tery Bina" and tell me if u feel our man's tere bina is similar to it or not.......i felt the arrangements/style/general sound of the song is same but tune is our master's........i'm releived a bit.... 8-)

also, u can find a host of sources for various bollywood tunes out there...... :lol: ........Pakistan-la irundhu terrorist mattum illa, pala ustad's tune-galum India kulle infiltrate ayirukku..... :lol:

also 75% of 1 lakh 35 thousand strong ARR orkut cmmunity has given a thumbs up to this album...... 8-) .......ippave paadhi hit aana madhiri........1.35 lakhs......most popular Indian on Orkut.... 8-)

thamizhvaanan
18th November 2006, 02:05 PM
MADDY, ARR is a fan of Nusrat since long time and his songs had distinct influence of fateh ali kahn right from the beginning. Even Rahman's singing style is similar to NFAK. I remember reading somewher that this song is a tribute to him. So no surprises 8-) .

Ramakrishna
18th November 2006, 02:13 PM
ok....now the song im listenin to like 15 times is Bazi Laga...damn!! such an addictive song !!! :D :D cant stop playing it over & over again!!! is the CD released in Malaysia???

Same here too :D . I couldn't sit in my college. I was constantly humming this song. Very addictive one.

Mind u i liked even Ek Lo Ek Muft song.

MADDY
18th November 2006, 02:26 PM
thamizh i wanted to find it out myself how much they are similar........i dont think the tunes are similar......for me, copying the tune is worst thing to do.....i'm really happy that ARR hasnt done that here.......someone here claimed that ARR has copied Nursat shamelessly.....i was really stung and hurt with that remark..... :D

SVN
18th November 2006, 03:20 PM
If you're stressed out, hear this joke:

Annu Malik says he was called Mozart by his father and claims that his Unrao Jaan is the album of the year.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1064592

BTW, Guru's track is getting some mixed reviews in the media, with some coming down heavily on ARR on his Baazi Laga song. Has it been released in the Indian music stores yet? Or is it all from MP3 listenings?

muzammil_fr
18th November 2006, 03:36 PM
A.ANAND
well said man, even for me the two guys disappointement to me maddy and dinesh, all songs are really, ya really guys, i can see r u movie to other md, anyway good chance for u guys.

i listen only 2 times once i heard more 3 times i will give u the review.

great
18th November 2006, 03:43 PM
Sahara is showing ARR program Unity of Lite with Lata Mangeshkar :D

sureshmehcnit
18th November 2006, 03:59 PM
Guys, for the first time, you can listen to my opinion on Guru soundtrack along with song clips here

http://ursmusically.wordpress.com/2006/11/18/guru-soundtrack

Smile
Sureshkumar

Ramakrishna
18th November 2006, 03:59 PM
Sahara is showing ARR program Unity of Lite with Lata Mangeshkar :D

Mudiyumbothu sollirukeengle :cry:

great
18th November 2006, 04:08 PM
sahara repeat pannuvaanga next time correct timeKu remind panrean.

Ramakrishna
18th November 2006, 04:17 PM

Ok, Whats ur opinion on Guru?

great
18th November 2006, 04:25 PM

Ok, Whats ur opinion on Guru?

awesome man !!!

I am listening to Guru continously for the past 2 hours :thumbsup:

arsaregama
18th November 2006, 04:38 PM
this album made me get two cds ... waaaaaahhhhhh one for my listening and another for my collection .....super ... hearing it in 5.1 makes u jump over ....

coucou
18th November 2006, 06:37 PM
BARSO Re rocks!!! shreya's voice is just amazing!
Mayya Mayya sounds good too!!
:o

thineshan54321
18th November 2006, 07:45 PM
WOW these songs are really awesome. I was waiting for these kinda songs for a LONG time i mean a LONG time. Ill bet my life that this soundtrack will become an ultimate blockbuster. I only didnt like two songs on first hearing ek lo ek muft and baazi laaga. Now I am liking ek lo ek muft and almost liking baazi laaga. First hearing on baazi laaga I thought i played wrong song because it didnt seem like a Rahman song. But later while I was sleeping when i heard it on mp3 without bass I clearly heard all the complicated treble sounds. good stuff. GO BUY THE ALBUM GUYS.

Hey arsaregama how r u listening to this album in 5.1? Its mastered to listen on stereo isnt it? I have a 5.1 on my computer but how do i listen to it? is there a special software?

arsaregama
18th November 2006, 08:13 PM
i have a sound blaster card my dear friend....creative sound blasters rock ....

arsaregama
18th November 2006, 08:15 PM
i have a sound blaster card my dear friend....creative sound blasters rock ....