PDA

View Full Version : who is great, men or women? Find out?

arihantarihant007
9th December 2004, 06:45 PM
If da men think they r smart then prove it by postin here! 8) :lol:
If da women think they r better than men, then post in here to prove it. 8)

8) :lol: :twisted: u can even post in da form of jokes, etc.

arihantarihant007
9th December 2004, 06:49 PM
ladkiyan: humse takraoge loge to mitti mein mil jaoge. :lol:

ladke: humse takraoge to nau mahine pachtaoge! 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :wink:

ha! ha ! :wink: :twisted: :evil: 8) :lol:

mandangi
15th February 2005, 01:45 PM
Women are more intelligent than men. They have more memory power than men. In Andhra Pradesh 10th results and intermediate results girls get more percentage than boys.

Sandeep
15th February 2005, 02:19 PM
Resent studies show that men are thinkers and women are talkers.

They had to do research to know that. ha :lol:

Cindy
15th February 2005, 02:37 PM
yes.. women discuss, plan and do things, when men keep thinking about how it can be done or whom he can appoint for that to be done... :lol: :lol: :lol:

This was the actual result. Check the report. :wink:

Sandeep
15th February 2005, 02:42 PM
Yes men think "how to get the car out" before parking. Women park first then discuss and plan "how to get it out". Result men park slower than women and but dont have to call for help to get it out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
15th February 2005, 08:05 PM
Ive never seen a sensible thread than this!

Such threads can only be started by MEN.
That ends the debate.

mandangi
15th February 2005, 08:14 PM
Women also think more. If women are not intelligent how did they get more percentage of marks in AP?

blahblah
16th February 2005, 10:30 AM
Intelligence is one thing and getting more marks another.I like your photograph anyway.You certainly look like Salman. :D

By the way,don't try to appease the women in this hub and get into their good books.You will soon realise that they are not worth it. :twisted:

scorpio
16th February 2005, 10:44 AM
I guess it's now Blahblah's turn for BLONKS !!!

:lol:

pavalamani pragasam
16th February 2005, 11:55 AM
blahblah, can you please explain how you came to that conclusion? :twisted:

blahblah
16th February 2005, 12:04 PM
blahblah, can you please explain how you came to that conclusion? :twisted:

Because some of the most idiotic girls in our classes used to get more marks than some of us as boys never attend classes.Girls read and re-read things until they know it by heart.

I envy the effort they put in but,sorry PP ma'am,dont think they are more intelligent.Try an equally intelligent theory. :twisted: That comes closer.

I was just objecting to that "Mandan-ji" :twisted: who said women are more intelligent,have more memory power,they think more etc.

NM
16th February 2005, 12:26 PM
I guess it's now Blahblah's turn for BLONKS !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Scorpio....u've voiced out my thots'!!! :rotfl:

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2005, 01:14 PM
//I envy the effort they put in but,sorry PP ma'am,dont think they are more intelligent.Try an equally intelligent theory//

What u call wanna refer here is the street smartness which boys ooze more than the girls (who tend to be bookish).

I am sure gone are the days when girls used to byheart and vomit
the same, to secure good academic results. Just because some girl excels academically how can u conclude they byheart the same.

Boys excel in beign street-smart, or practically efficient than girls in so me cases, I DO AGREE..

But intelligent theory is diff. It guages how fast u are at grasping, how different u are at ur approach so and so forth. Being practical is diff from being intelligent. BEING UPDATED WITH THINGS HAPPENING is again different from being inteligent.

I disagree, girls are not intelligent. TRY OUT UR INTELLIGENT T HEORY. MANY WOULD PROVE VERY INTELLIGENT THAN MEN.

There can never be any conclusion as to WHETHER men are intelligent or women. ITS LEFT TO ANY INDIVIDUAL.

THATS why I said, THIS THREAD IS THE MOST SENSIBLE THREAD.
FOR, jovially or not, it tries to argue a dumb theory that

SMARTNESS OF TOTAL MEN < SMARTNESS OF WOMEN AS A WHOLE

OR

VICE VERSA

LOL........ CANT HELP LAUGHING, at the thought. May be
thats the whole purpose... to laugh it all out (ROFL)(TOO LAZY TO PICK THAT ICON) (ROFL)

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2005, 01:17 PM
//What u call wanna refer here is the street smartness which boys ooze more than the girls (who tend to be bookish). //

TO BE READ AS

what u wanna refer here.... :(

blahblah
16th February 2005, 02:07 PM
I was just objecting to that "Mandan-ji" :twisted: who said women are more intelligent,have more memory power,they think more etc.

SP,you probably didn't see what I wrote above.So I am reproducing it here.

As you said,intellience can not be generalised for any sex.It varies from individual to individual.So will you please tell me whether you agree to Mandan-ji's statements?That is women are more intellient,have more memory power than men? :x

Ofcourse they remeber 50 years after marriage all the meaningless things you have told them before marriage. :evil:[My wife herself keeps a few of my letters] :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2005, 02:40 PM
//As you said,intellience can not be generalised for any sex.It varies from individual to individual.So will you please tell me whether you agree to Mandan-ji's statements?That is women are more intellient,have more memory power than men?

Ofcourse they remeber 50 years after marriage all the meaningless things you have told them before marriage. [My wife herself keeps a few of my letters] //

:) I agree, that mandan-ji's statements are not to be taken at face value.

But yes, 50 years after marriage, whether women remember things are not I do not know....I have lot n lot more years to go before I can comment on that :))

Yes, definitely women remember, LIKE HOW men remember, the meaningless comments which wife gave about her inlaws! :P, or
the purchases she made ages back which went beyond the budget :P

blahblah
16th February 2005, 02:47 PM
Yes, definitely women remember, LIKE HOW men remember, the meaningless comments which wife gave about her inlaws! :P, or
the purchases she made ages back which went beyond the budget :P
:D Smart,eh?Though not 'street smart' :lol: :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
16th February 2005, 04:16 PM
“By the way,don't try to appease the women in this hub and get into their good books.You will soon realise that they are not worth it” -blahblah this statement does not in any way prove your so-called male “intelligence”. I am still waiting for a proper explanation. Come out with something more sensible than what you have said as answer. Whether jokingly or seriously it is always better to weigh your words before they are out!

Sandeep
16th February 2005, 04:30 PM
What is the use of this topic.

Women are anyway not going to accept the facts. They will simply give all meaningless reasoning (As they always do) like we get first rank in exams so we are intelligent etc. But like always since they are proven to be better in communication they will win the debate with their sheer senseless verbal skills.

At the end men will accept whatever women say and think in mind as Nov quote says 'Never argue with a fool or she will drag you down to her level and beat you at it through sheer experience!'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mandangi
16th February 2005, 06:19 PM
What ever you argue women are only greater than men. Men have unnecessary superiority complex.

Sandeep
16th February 2005, 06:24 PM
Men have unnecessary superiority complex.

And I assume you have not included yourself :poke:

mandangi
16th February 2005, 06:29 PM
I mean most of the men have unnecessary superiority complex.

Sandeep
16th February 2005, 06:32 PM
-Edited myself-

mandangi
16th February 2005, 06:33 PM
I observed psychology of many men.

Sandeep
16th February 2005, 06:39 PM

So what if Men like me have superiority complex. Its just because we are far more superior in Intelligence as well as we are 'street smart'.

mandangi
16th February 2005, 06:42 PM
So what if Men like me have superiority complex. Its just because we are far more superior in Intelligence as well as we are 'street smart'.
Thats why i say men have unnecessary superiority complex.

blahblah
16th February 2005, 06:54 PM
Thats why i say men have unnecessary superiority complex.
Thank God that you don't include yourself into the category! :D

mandangi
16th February 2005, 06:59 PM
In men 99% have superiority complex.

blahblah
16th February 2005, 07:02 PM
In men 99% have superiority complex.
If 99% have superior complex, there is something unnatural about not having about it. :lol: :lol:

mandangi
16th February 2005, 07:03 PM
Indian men have more superiority complex.

blahblah
16th February 2005, 07:10 PM
blahblah this statement does not in any way prove your so-called male “intelligence”. I am still waiting for a proper explanation. Come out with something more sensible than what you have said as answer. Whether jokingly or seriously it is always better to weigh your words before they are out!

Sorry PP Ma'am,I didn't in this thread,ever claim that men are more intelligent than women.I was just answering one guy who claimed that women are more intelligent,can remember more things,think a lot more than men etc.Please note that I am not a sexist. :)

Then people don't speak the same language when they joke and speak seriously. 8)

I thought older women have a better sense of humour. :cry: :cry:

blahblah
16th February 2005, 07:13 PM
Indian men have more superiority complex.
So where are you from,Pal?US or EU? :twisted:

mandangi
16th February 2005, 08:01 PM
I am not westerner. I belong to Orissa family living in AP.

pavalamani pragasam
16th February 2005, 09:45 PM
Sure, sure, my sense of humour has mellowed with the years. I am only concerned about us not crossing the limits of propriety in what we say about others. :(

Akash
17th February 2005, 11:09 AM
:shock: think you would have checked it with Wrong samples!!

mandangi
17th February 2005, 11:13 AM
:shock: think you would have checked it with Wrong samples!!
I am very much confident about me(Not over confident).

scorpio
17th February 2005, 11:20 AM
Mandangi,

No doubt, your confidence is very much explicit from your posts.

But, I think you are a little bit over -confident in inlcuding your image in all your posts. :o

mandangi
17th February 2005, 11:26 AM
I have high self confidence on me. But i dont think that i am over confident in any case.

blahblah
17th February 2005, 12:26 PM
I have high self confidence on me. But i dont think that i am over confident in any case.

Yes Mandan-ji,I have just changed my views about you.The reason?I have visited your website.I am glad to know that you are a revolutionary,probably a naxalite leader associated with People's War Group and Maoists,very very confident about yourself,and for sure,beautiful than most girls as is clear from the photograph. :)

I truly enjoyed and tried to learn all the railway timings and the distances between the smaller stations along with fares by heart.The efforts you make to eradicate dowry and other social evils is commendable. :)

Your decision to use your available time on the many groups and discussion forums to spread your message to the greatest extend is wonderful.I am sure you try hard to do this which is evident from the very fact that you have posted 'THIRTY THREE' messages in a single day on this hub alone.Today it is already more than twenty and I believe you can even try for a century.

All your opinions about yourself are eagerly awaited and well read on this hub.Continue to enlighten us about your looks,qualities and confidence level. :) Your greatest admirer-BLAHBLAH.

mandangi
17th February 2005, 12:30 PM
I am not naxalite leader. Just supporter.

scorpio
17th February 2005, 12:35 PM
"The reason?I have visited your website."

Blahblah,

You too????

I too wasted my precious time this morning visiting that website and learning more about my neighbouring state of which I had known very little.

Honestly, I'm laughing my head off for the past couple of hours and have attracted stares from my colleagues.

I don't think I need to visit the 'Jokes' thread any more for some humour amidst the busy schedule.

Probably, we can start a 'Mandangi Fan club' together and I'm sure many of the hubbers would join in.

I strongly recommend to Shekhar for considering Mandangi for many, many coveted awards in the hub.

Sigh! Sirichathu porum, Inimelavathu velai seiyya try pannaren !!

mandangi
17th February 2005, 12:37 PM
What ever you argue. I dont bother and i dont change my way.

Akash
17th February 2005, 12:38 PM
mandangi, when will you become Leader....??
Blah Blah, as you know... this is one of the reason, Y i won't reveal my Identity in NET... 8) .C now, i am safe !!

scorpio
17th February 2005, 12:38 PM
" What ever you argue. I dont bother and i dont change my way."

Thanks and that's what we all WANT :lol: :lol:

mandangi
17th February 2005, 12:40 PM
I am sure you try hard to do this which is evident from the very fact that you have posted 'THIRTY THREE' messages in a single day on this hub alone.Today it is already more than twenty and I believe you can even try for a century.
In another forum i really posted more than 100 messages in a single day.

Akash
17th February 2005, 12:41 PM
What ever you argue. I dont bother and i dont change my way.
Hey, i support you... just show me yr way.. i will help you with some Concretes.... think, some underground drinage with that will do GOOD!! :wink:

Akash
17th February 2005, 12:43 PM
In another forum i really posted more than 100 messages in a single day. WOW!! that's the spirit... BUDDY :)

NM
17th February 2005, 12:44 PM
mandangi sare,
Congratulations..you have passed the 100 mark.....and the management would like to promote you to Regular Hubber...pls keep it up and bring joy to the hubbers and may you be promoted to Devoted Hubber soon... :lol: :lol: :lol:

mandangi
17th February 2005, 12:45 PM
Hey, i support you... just show me yr way.. i will help you with some Concretes.... think, some underground drinage with that will do GOOD!! :wink:
I am extra ordinary person. No one can stop me.

NM
17th February 2005, 12:46 PM
:lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Akash
17th February 2005, 12:49 PM
No matter if i Loose my job, today!!
I GONNA ENJOY THIS FUN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

scorpio
17th February 2005, 12:54 PM
Aiyayyooooooooooooooooooo!

Yaravathu intha hub-a Mr. Mandangi kitterunthu kappatthungalen !! :banghead: :banghead:

Akash
17th February 2005, 12:55 PM
I am extra ordinary person. No one can stop me.
Hey is'nt it some thing Over Confident about yr self??
So, untill now you r experimenting yrself for all these years and finally concluded that 99% of Man are OVER CONFIDENT.....
So Sample Space is 1 :roll: then how come it became 99%?? its hould be 100% na?? 8)

Shakthiprabha.
17th February 2005, 01:43 PM
//I am extra ordinary person. No one can stop me.//

wow! what confidence mandangi! Like INDIAN MEN EH.

who has superiority complex as said by u :P

Hey welcome to forum...u are sure fun to have around :)

good day

blahblah
17th February 2005, 02:50 PM
wow! what confidence mandangi! Like INDIAN MEN EH.

who has superiority complex as said by u :P

Hey welcome to forum...u are sure fun to have around :)

good day

Indians like to see mad Pakistanis and Pakistanis like to see mad Indians. :lol: God!If only I could see a woman like this!

Hope Man[dan]key brings one of his 'old' girlfriends here.

Shekhar
17th February 2005, 05:12 PM
Akash, the way you are running behind Mr. Mandangi, you will cross your century mark in real fast time... :P
Keep it up.. we are all enjoying.. :lol: :lol:

Akash
17th February 2005, 05:51 PM
Yea, even i thought the same, this guy is dragging me to Century :D, but you missed the exact circumstance, its like 1 hr or some times... we guys had great fun!! we were laughing like hell in the office .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

arihantarihant007
17th February 2005, 07:57 PM
forget it !!!

Girls hav never been smarter!!

So ......

after reading da whole post i realised dat nobody is dumb other than stupid, freakin girls!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
:twisted:

:arrow:

mandangi
18th February 2005, 09:16 AM
Girls hav never been smarter!!
In girls also there are smart girls(excluding the girls who look smart by make up).

scorpio
18th February 2005, 10:25 AM
"I never agree that girls are more beautiful. "

Mandangi,

This is what u wrote yesterday in 'Gals n boys' thread!

Changed yr opinion overnight? Perhaps, effect of female hubbers in this forum? :lol:

mandangi
18th February 2005, 12:32 PM
Thats not true. I said that all the girls are not beautiful than boys. There are also many beautiful boys.

scorpio
18th February 2005, 01:33 PM
Yup ! All of us know it by now! :wink:

Sandeep
18th February 2005, 02:04 PM
Thats not true. I said that all the girls are not beautiful than boys. There are also many beautiful boys.

And I though you had only "observed psychology of many men". Now it seems you have "observed biology of many men" also.

NM
18th February 2005, 02:07 PM

And I though you had only "observed psychology of many men". Now it seems you have "observed biology of many men" also.
Scorpio & Sandeep....:lol: :lol: :lol: more n more threads are begining to 'sound" like a Jokes thread.... :rotfl:

scorpio
18th February 2005, 02:10 PM
Careful NM, Shekhar and JG might accuse us again of 'ragging'

It is only a matter of time before facts surface up!

NM
18th February 2005, 02:11 PM
Thx for the warning, Pal....
I rest my case!! :wink: :wink:

jaiganes
18th February 2005, 02:13 PM
Scorpio wrote:

Yup ! All of us know it by now!

Innocently asks I know one is your hubbie, who are the remaining ones? :? :? :idea:

Sandeep
18th February 2005, 02:16 PM
Careful NM, Shekhar and JG might accuse us again of 'ragging'

It is only a matter of time before facts surface up!

Oh trouble !!!

But I cannot help but ask this. Is the photo included Mandangi's photo or is it of some one he thinks is beautiful.

I have serious conserns about his taste.

jaiganes
18th February 2005, 02:19 PM
Sandeep wrote:

Now it seems you have "observed biology of many men" also.

The right word you are looking for is "Morphology" pal!! :D
Morph - visual feature
logy - study/science

scorpio
18th February 2005, 02:19 PM
Scorpio wrote:

Yup ! All of us know it by now!

Innocently asks I know one is your hubbie, who are the remaining ones? :? :? :idea:

I leave this to Mr.Mandangi who knows 'many beautiful boys' :wink: to answer!

a.ratchasi
18th February 2005, 02:21 PM
-DELETED ON OWN ACCORD-

Sandeep
18th February 2005, 02:27 PM
Watch out men, Madanki is missing.

Could be anywhere doing "Morphology" on you.

jaiganes
18th February 2005, 02:30 PM
Anyways 'many beautiful boys' is not my topic of interest! The poor guy said this in another thread

"I never agree that girls are more beautiful. "
Now what he meant was that beauty is equally distributed among sexes. But our friend scorpio took him on, scared him and made him say

Again our firend scorpio like Thamizh naadu polees, dissected the statement by the accused and extracted the latter part alone which is unfortunately

There are also many beautiful boys

And one more episode in this ragging saga begins...

NM
18th February 2005, 02:30 PM
:lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: That's it!! Got to go ..but my butt doesn't want to leave the chair!!! If U don't hear fr me next week..means 2 things..
i) I have died laughing and gone up there
ii) Lost the job laughing at the monitor!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Akash
18th February 2005, 02:31 PM
Hey here comes, Mandakkai's FAN.....

Mandakkai, Yr personal page is blocked in my companies FireWall, wht you have it there.? did you post yr pic over there too??

NM
18th February 2005, 02:32 PM
Hey here comes, Mandakkai's FAN.....

Mandakkai, Yr personal page is blocked in my companies FireWall, wht you have it there.? did you posted yr pic over there too??
Aiyoyooooooooh Akash!! Vayiru valikkuthappa!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

scorpio
18th February 2005, 02:59 PM
"Again our firend scorpio like Thamizh naadu polees, dissected the statement by the accused "

JG,

I take this as a compliment :) but anyway warned others of the ragging label!

I am sure my next seat neighbour is thinking of me as a nut trying hard to control giggles looking at the monitor.

jaiganes
18th February 2005, 03:31 PM
In foundation series of novels by Isaac Asimov, there is a professor Hari Seldon who invents a tool of predicting events of future accurately. With the tool he charts the future of mankind and records them in a vault, to be opened for counsel only in times the predictions go awry. In the novel, the perdictions are fairly accurate ,till the arrival of a mutant, who has superior skills of mind that defy normal course of evolution. He brings in so much of chaos that he conquers most of the universe inhabited by men. Hari seldon's predictions are defied by the arrival of the mutant who calls himself mule.

Drawing a parallel, if NOV was Hari Seldon of the hub, he wouldn't even have dreamed of the arrival of "Praveen Kumar Mandangi" and further more the extreme reactions from the usually docile and suave hubbers!!! To add to this, NOV himself lost his balance twice this week and was surprised to know that scorpio was not a guy!!!

Harbinger of chaos has come with a mirror! Blahblah can see himself in that mirror and wonder how did he manage to open a thread on "Ragging"!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mandangi
19th February 2005, 08:09 AM
These people have very less tolerence. I did not see such narrow minded people in any other forum.

Rohit
20th February 2005, 02:42 AM
Please allow me to make some key comments on a seemingly obvious but fundamentally very complex issue. Please bear with me if it becomes too troublesome to understand and makes it even more complicated than it already is. :)

At and above average levels of intellectual abilities, girls/women generally do better than boys/men. When it come to reaching higher levels of intellectual abilities, it is generally the boys/men who acquire much higher capacity and reach amazing heights of intellectual superiority compared to their female counterparts.

The unbalance is explained by the existing difference in the statistical variance of population density distribution of intellectual abilities for girls/women and that for boys/men. The statistical variance of population density distribution for girls/women is slightly smaller than that for boys/men. This difference in the statistical variance between the two distributions increases the percentage of girls who demonstrate average and above average intellectual abilities than the percentage of boys who demonstrate similar abilities. However, at higher levels of intellectual abilities, the balance tips over and the situation changes in the opposite direction.

Just by extending the idea of variations in the statistical variance, the difference in the intellectual abilities of people belonging to different cultures, civilisations can also be explained, as these statistical variances are formed and shaped by the “ways of thinking and doing things” of the group of people with varying intellectual abilities.

Though, I don’t like the unbalance in the situation, but that is what the history has proved and the present time continues to prove it. :)

Guyana
20th February 2005, 07:32 AM
What about the "opportunities" for women/females to develop their intellectual abilities compared to men/boys before coming to final analysis/conclusion?

davie
20th February 2005, 11:31 AM
Please allow me to make some key comments on a seemingly obvious but fundamentally very complex issue. Please bear with me if it becomes too troublesome to understand and makes it even more complicated than it already is. :)

At and above average levels of intellectual abilities, girls/women generally do better than boys/men. When it come to reaching higher levels of intellectual abilities, it is generally the boys/men who acquire much higher capacity and reach amazing heights of intellectual superiority compared to their female counterparts.

The unbalance is explained by the existing difference in the statistical variance of population density distribution of intellectual abilities for girls/women and that for boys/men. The statistical variance of population density distribution for girls/women is slightly smaller than that for boys/men. This difference in the statistical variance between the two distributions increases the percentage of girls who demonstrate average and above average intellectual abilities than the percentage of boys who demonstrate similar abilities. However, at higher levels of intellectual abilities, the balance tips over and the situation changes in the opposite direction.

Just by extending the idea of variations in the statistical variance, the difference in the intellectual abilities of people belonging to different cultures, civilisations can also be explained, as these statistical variances are formed and shaped by the “ways of thinking and doing things” of the group of people with varying intellectual abilities.

Though, I don’t like the unbalance in the situation, but that is what the history has proved and the present time continues to prove it. :)

Well i think both gals and boys are capable of performing exactly the same. And i dont think we dont have any decent research articles on who is better than whom. May be in india gals are still to catch up with the IITs, but that does not mean gals are below men in IQ. They are physically weak, but they are equally strong like men mentally.

Rohit
20th February 2005, 02:44 PM
In a survey, expert psychologists were asked to rate the important elements of human intelligence. The result in % of experts who expressed each of the following aspects as important are listed below in descending order.

1. Abstract thinking _ (99.3%)
2. Problem solving ability _ (97.7%)
3. Capacity to acquire knowledge _ (96.0%)
4. Memory _ (80.5%)
5. Mental speed _ (71.7%)
6. General knowledge _ (62.4%)
7. Creativity _ (59.6%)
8. Achievement motivation _ (18.9%)

It is widely known and debated issue among cognitive psychologists that leaving only a few, boys/men generally acquire much higher level in most areas than girls/women do. However, quantifying such data in published surveys would not be favoured due to social and ethical reasons.

Some of the above abilities are innate capacities and some are learnt. This is predominantly dependent upon parental behaviour-genetics, their intelligence and their social behavioural patterns. The development of learnt mental abilities depends on “personally chosen or created environment” by the individuals and family. There is a marked difference in the "personally created/chosen" environments in which girls/women grow and develop intellectually and those in which boys/men grow and develop intellectually.

Common environment, shared environment and systematic environment mainly constitute the environment “between families” (socio-economic and cultural environment - society) while specific environment, nonshared environment and random environment (personally chosen and created environment by the family) constitute the environment “within families”
:)

Rohit
20th February 2005, 02:59 PM
What about the "opportunities" for women/females to develop their intellectual abilities compared to men/boys before coming to final analysis/conclusion?
Good point, but at the end it all depends on individuals’ interests in which they want to excel and prove themselves. In my opinion, some impeding barriers are socially and/or cuturally imposed on both girls/women and boys/men while some are self-imposed. It requires a distinguished ability on the part of society, parents and individuals to judge well and make clear choices with courage and remove all those barriers and create a free environment in which all have equal opportunity for their social as well as intellectual development.

Guyana
22nd February 2005, 07:32 AM
>> It requires a distinguished ability on the part of society, parents and individuals to judge well and make clear choices with courage and remove all those barriers and create a free environment in which all have equal opportunity for their social as well as intellectual development.<<

You are right!

It is a collective effort, but it doesn't work well in our society. I mean the culture, then its exploitation by other societies, so individual struggle continues. How much can the individual do without being exhausted sooner or later, especially when on top of that, all effforts can be frustrated by the said bodies refusing to make it a collective effort, I mean those who have already exploited the culture? You see this in most western societies.