PDA

View Full Version : Dishyum Music - Good

sureshmehcnit
6th February 2006, 11:09 AM
Dishyum music is pretty good. i haven't seen the movie yet but what i read from reviews, it seems that music is an added advantage to the film.

Here is my review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/02/dishyum-music-review.html

dinesh2002
6th February 2006, 11:29 AM
yes,nenjangoothiyil & dailamore r my fav!!! :D

kokarako
6th February 2006, 06:33 PM
Nenjaankoottil is nice and the picturisation too is impressive, so as sandhya

Sanjeevi
6th February 2006, 11:03 PM
Yes, songs are good. But the movie is triple good when comparing to songs.

Vysar
8th February 2006, 07:04 PM
The first song in Dishyum is a copy from Tina Turners Grammy winning number "Whats Love got to do with it".

dinesh2002
8th February 2006, 07:23 PM
The first song in Dishyum is a copy from Tina Turners Grammy winning number "Whats Love got to do with it".

which dhishum song is that ??

Vysar
9th February 2006, 02:11 AM
There is a bit song in the movie which is a copy of Tina Turners not Boomiku.

Check out song 10

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000032KK/104-2878869-1337528?v=glance&n=5174

Dreamchaser
11th February 2006, 03:31 PM
Dishyum Songs:

- Boomiku : (Gayathri & Rahul Nambiyar)
- Dailamo Dailamo : (Sangeetha Rajeshwaran & Vijay Antony)
- Kitta Neringivaadi : (Sukveendhar Singh & Gayathri)
- Nenjangootil : (Jayadev & Rajalekshmi)
- Poo Meedhu : (Malgudi Suba)

Which song are you exactly pointing to at dishyum ??

You can download the songs @ http://www.tamilnapster.com/forums/2005/452-dishyum.html

vijayr
12th February 2006, 10:38 PM
nenjankoottil is decent(composer should thank hamsanadham, a scale which even Srikanth Deva cannot mess up if he decides to use it) but the singing was lousy. Its sad that MDs dont even know the range of their singers these days. The guy almost resorts to falsetto in the higher notes spoiling the depth of impact.

njv
9th March 2006, 09:26 AM
nenjankoottil finally on top 10 in SunTV pushing aathi (inspite of money exchange under/above/beside the table!!!) - I think this is the only song SunTV rated properly in the history of SunTV.

rajasaranam
9th March 2006, 01:07 PM
nenjankoottil finally on top 10 in SunTV pushing aathi (inspite of money exchange under/above/beside the table!!!) - I think this is the only song SunTV rated properly in the history of SunTV.
And ' nenjankoottil' will be pushed below by 'Vaala meenukkum' from chithiram pesuthadi soon :)

thumburu
9th March 2006, 08:35 PM
Who is the singer of "nenjukootil"? pathetic is the only word. a nice song spoilt due to poor rendition again

vijayr
9th March 2006, 10:18 PM
Most top 10 programmes are crap, including Sun TV's. But atleast thanks to Sun TV's DMK affiliation, I came to hear Madhu Balakrishnan's song "thendral ennum" from Paasa kiLigaL(lyrics by Mu.Ka) which would have been otherwise gone unnoticed since the movie was a washout. It is probably the best light classical in a long time.

NOV
13th March 2006, 06:58 AM
Sangeetha Rajeshwaran sounds like a SI name, but her singing in Dailamore dailamore (what in heaven's name does it mean?! :roll: ) is so accented.

What is the first word? raaththirikki? :roll:
who wrote the lyrics? amusing :)

all in all, a catchy song. the video otoh, is :roll:
have forbidden my kids from seeing it, altho they are crazy of the song...

dinesh2002
13th March 2006, 11:31 AM
its Kalalaiki rathiri mel kadhale..... [morning is in love with night]...IF im not mistaken,few songs in the movie were by vairamuthu...not sure if this is also by him....:P

slperson1
16th March 2006, 06:06 AM
Vara Vara Bouncy Katai - good gana song

Bhoomiku - i didnt like the song at first, but after a couple listenings and watching the movie i like the song.

Dailamo Dailamo - i hated the chant the first time i heard it.but after awhile this has turned to be one of my favorite songs. The lyrics are funny. A nice follow up to Vijay Anthony's Suppose song from Sukran

Poo Meedhu - Great sad song. It's been awhile since i heard a decent sad song.

Nejangootil - I think this could turn out to be the best melody of the year.

Overall: The second album of any composer is very important and Vijay Anthony proves he isnt just a one hit wonder.

kalaavathi
16th March 2006, 06:27 AM
ya dishyum is a grt album!!!
Boomiku is nice, due to the voices...and I like the lyrics!! similarly is Nijakootil!

I have a very general question!! how come, these days...all songs seems to be very normal when we hear it the first time! but then later, it seems good......

slperson1
16th March 2006, 06:51 AM
because a person's brain is wired to dislike what they are not use to. (tis why people tend to dislike change) this is a defense mechanism. but once u get accustomed to something different then u can better judge it.

thumburu
16th March 2006, 06:05 PM
"Nenjakoottil" seems to be set in BrindhavanaSaranga

slperson1
20th March 2006, 03:40 AM
can someone please translate thr first few lines of nenjangootil?
if not, could u at least tell me what does nenjangootil mean?

tfmmusiklover
26th June 2006, 08:41 AM
exactly what i wanted to know..what is nenjangootil???? and who is this singer jayadev..sounds okay but a bt feminine when he hits the high notes.

ramky
3rd July 2006, 08:31 AM
exactly what i wanted to know..what is nenjangootil???? and who is this singer jayadev..sounds okay but a bt feminine when he hits the high notes.

It could have been coined / originating from Nenjin Koottil ( in the abode of my heart ).

I like Nenjankoottil and also, Dailamo Dailamo - this one for its music and crisp video editing & optical effects.