PDA

View Full Version : Yean? Yetharku? Yeppadi?

terminator
6th February 2006, 05:55 PM
Hai all.
We have lot of questions (silly and funny). We dont know the answers for them. Let we share these questions and try to get answers from our hubbers.

A few of mine

1. Yean mela parthu yosikkirom?
2. Pongala miLagu ennakku therinju yarum saapidarathillai, aana yean miLagu athigama podarang?
3. Yean birthday cakela irukka mezhugu varthiyai anaichu bday celebrate panrom?
innum niraya irukku :). ippothaikku pothum.....

Therinjavanga vilakkunga..

selvakumar
6th February 2006, 06:16 PM
Answer to ur third question:

To burn the memories of the past years by blowing off the candles.

We eat the cake with the hope that coming years will leave sweet memories in our heart. :D

P.S: A simple try!!

terminator
6th February 2006, 06:29 PM
Ok. If we had good memories in the past year then y we had to blow off. :roll:

Lambretta
6th February 2006, 06:43 PM
Ok. If we had good memories in the past year then y we had to blow off. :roll:
Well I guess its cos if we had better memories in the past than we hav this year then the thot tat we r not having such a good time at the present wud make us feel unhappy & yearn for the 'good' past all the time, bcos of which we then wudn't be able to live w/ the present & will end up not having peace of mind.......so I think for tat reason we r unftly expected to blow off all past memories, even if they r good compared w/ the present!

terminator
6th February 2006, 09:18 PM
One more question.
Brain thaan namakku pidichathu, pidikkathathu, ella seyalgalaiyum control pannuthu appurom yean manasu nu idhayathai sollranaga.

Also y Brain is not the symbol of love? :roll:

Lambretta
6th February 2006, 09:25 PM
One more question.
Brain thaan namakku pidichathu, pidikkathathu, ella seyalgalaiyum control pannuthu appurom yean manasu nu idhayathai sollranaga.

I think the answer to this wud be wat my English lecturer in my +2 had once said during a lesson...."ur brain thinks whereas ur heart feels"......so I guess the brain can be instrumental in thinking/deducing/reasoning & such fucntions...but we cud hardly use it to play an emotional role, which the heart/manasu is known to do.....for eg. in the instance of ne exciting/shocking news, the brain registers the news tat is received & even 'tells' us wat our reactions shud be but those hav to be brought out w/ emotions, which stem from the heart. Hence y in many cases a shocking news/situation causes a heart-attack rather than ne brain damage as the former gets the max. blast of the impact from the news/situation. :)

terminator
6th February 2006, 10:35 PM
One more question.

I think the answer to this wud be wat my English lecturer in my +2 had once said during a lesson...."ur brain thinks whereas ur heart feels"......so I guess the brain can be instrumental in thinking/deducing/reasoning & such fucntions...but we cud hardly use it to play an emotional role, which the heart/manasu is known to do.....for eg. in the instance of ne exciting/shocking news, the brain registers the news tat is received & even 'tells' us wat our reactions shud be but those hav to be brought out w/ emotions, which stem from the heart. Hence y in many cases a shocking news/situation causes a heart-attack rather than ne brain damage as the former gets the max. blast of the impact from the news/situation. :)
Gr8 Lamby. :notworthy:
Romba naala yosichitte irunthen. Thanks.

a.ratchasi
7th February 2006, 09:02 AM

Because the brain is up there. :wink:

terminator
7th February 2006, 11:55 AM
:rotfl:

Sanguine Sridhar
7th February 2006, 12:57 PM
Pongala miLagu ennakku therinju yarum saapidarathillai, aana yean miLagu athigama podarang?

Yena adhukku thaan melagu pongal-nu peru vachutaangaley :twisted:

Shakthiprabha.
7th February 2006, 03:51 PM
Beckham, PEPPER is good for health.
Many of us eat it or swallow it.

In the absense of pepper pongal would be BLAND :D

Shakthiprabha.
7th February 2006, 04:37 PM
One more question.

Because,

LOVE IS EMOTIONAL
LOVE IS BLIND
LOVE DOES NOT THINK
LOVE COMES ANYWHERE ANYTIME WITHOUT THE NEED OF BRAIN

so love COMES when brain does nto work :rotfl:

Love is emotion oriented, so heart works.

Brain controls
heart desires

so love is heart oriented.

If u think

" oh mind...SHUT UP I CANT FALL STUPIDLY IN LOVE WITH THIS XXX PERSON"

THEN... ur brain works :D

Shakthiprabha.
7th February 2006, 04:39 PM
A few of mine

Thoughts of too many ppl are in the form of waves in and around us.

Since ppl around us are NOT ENOUGH for us to get new ideas... (otherwise we would look sideways at them) we look up...... to collect some WAVES from the air.

haiyoooooooooo dont hit me :rotfl: :rotfl:

swathy
7th February 2006, 07:12 PM
One more question.

because brain doesn't work when u r in love :-)

great
7th February 2006, 07:38 PM
One more question.

because brain doesn't work when u r in love :-)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

terminator
7th February 2006, 08:57 PM
A few of mine

Thoughts of too many ppl are in the form of waves in and around us.

Since ppl around us are NOT ENOUGH for us to get new ideas... (otherwise we would look sideways at them) we look up...... to collect some WAVES from the air.

haiyoooooooooo dont hit me :rotfl: :rotfl:

Signal sariya kidaikkalaina enna panrathu. :P

Querida
8th February 2006, 04:36 AM
Do we call them "grooms" because that's the one day they actually bathe???

Why do principals suspend children? Shouldn't we give them more school?

What if you're self-employed and you still hate the boss?

:P

terminator
8th February 2006, 12:17 PM
Ithu oru forwarded mail a vanthathu.

Nilam namakku sonthamna mel parppu mattuma illai paathalam varaikkum namakkum sonthama? :roll:

terminator
8th February 2006, 12:18 PM
i am going to change my avatar, too many child's avatars..

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2006, 01:39 PM
termintor,

look in dif direction to get signal :P

Querida,

////Why do principals suspend children? Shouldn't we give them more school? ///

Yeah more school else where. As they failed to give them correct schooling with their existing system ! :roll:

///What if you're self-employed and you still hate the boss? ///

Time to Look for another boss :D.

I remember these funny questions.. (answers are equally funny) someone try to answer it.

1. What time is it, if its actually 12 o lock but ur clock shows 11 o clock?

2. What time is it, if at 12 noon u supp to meet ur lover, but you are late by 10 minutes and she walked away?

terminator
8th February 2006, 02:45 PM
What time is it, if its actually 12 o lock but ur clock shows 11 o clock?

2. What time is it, if at 12 noon u supp to meet ur lover, but you are late by 10 minutes and she walked away?

BAD TIME. :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
8th February 2006, 03:13 PM
:D :thumbsup:

first one therilaiya?

Lambretta
8th February 2006, 06:27 PM
:D :thumbsup:

first one therilaiya?
Um......slow time? Or maybe minor time difference? :huh:

Lambretta
8th February 2006, 06:29 PM
////Why do principals suspend children? Shouldn't we give them more school? ///
Yeah more school else where. As they failed to give them correct schooling with their existing system ! :roll:
True in many cases....!

///What if you're self-employed and you still hate the boss?///
Time to Look for another boss :D.
Or I'd say stop bossing around & get urself a boss! :D

Querida
8th February 2006, 11:04 PM
What time is it, if its actually 12 o lock but ur clock shows 11 oclock?

time to get a new clock? :?

SP sad, but you are quite right about suspension, though schooling should also continue into home... :(

terminator
9th February 2006, 10:37 PM
Four wheelerkku reverse gear irukkum pothu yean two wheelerkku reverse gear illa? :lol:

Lambretta
9th February 2006, 10:54 PM
Four wheelerkku reverse gear irukkum pothu yean two wheelerkku reverse gear illa? :lol:
Yenthukana 2-wheeler-e pinnuku thallalam, illata appidi thalli munnu-ku thirpalam, whereas 4-wheeler-e apdi ellam thalla mudiyathu! :D

terminator
9th February 2006, 11:21 PM
mezhukuvarthi ai thalaikizhaga pidikkum pothum neruppu yean mel nokki yeriuthu..

Y the Gravitational force is not acting on it?

Romba Naal doubt ithu, ithuvaraikkum satisfied a pathil kidaikkalai. Vaathiyaar kitta ketke payama irunthathinal ketkave illai.. :lol:

terminator
9th February 2006, 11:23 PM
Yenthukana 2-wheeler-e pinnuku thallalam, illata appidi thalli munnu-ku thirpalam, whereas 4-wheeler-e apdi ellam thalla mudiyathu! :D
Lamby :notworthy:
Thanks for giving me the answers.
Chinnapulla thanama irunthaalum intha doubt appappa ennai thollai pannikittu irunthathu. :lol:

Lambretta
9th February 2006, 11:26 PM
Ur welcome termi! :lol:
Neways, gonna try catching sleep using Que's technique...bye 4 now, cyall tomoro!! :wave:

terminator
12th February 2006, 01:13 PM
Ennai thavira inga yaarukkum doubt varathe illaiya? :roll:

malsi
12th February 2006, 03:03 PM
terminator..enaku oru doubt..unggalukku een evelovu doubts varuthu?..

Anoushka
13th February 2006, 12:17 AM
malsi :lol:

terminator
13th February 2006, 02:33 PM
terminator..enaku oru doubt..unggalukku een evelovu doubts varuthu?..
a aaah.. Theriyalaiye pa .. :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
13th February 2006, 02:56 PM
Querida u are right. :)

Ans: Time to get a new clock (this is an old timer... I thought many would know !! :shock:)

Querida
13th February 2006, 11:32 PM
What is a native american called when he finishes medical school?

( i know not really a why? or how? question but try and answer anyways :) )

Lambretta
14th February 2006, 01:41 PM
Witch doctor?? :huh: :?

Sanguine Sridhar
14th February 2006, 04:15 PM
Aaama 4 wheeler maatu vandikku kooda reverse gear illa :roll: ... Enn illa-nu yosicha unggaloda question-ku answer kedaikkum Terminator....... mmmmm Flight-ku reverse gear irrukka? :?

Anoushka
14th February 2006, 06:20 PM
Interesting question Sridhar, I think an aircraft can actually move in reverse on ground, but probably it is economical and safe to use a tow vehicle to do it! But I should say that I've never seen an aircraft go in reverse by itself...

btw, why maatu vandi has 4 wheels? I thought it had only two wheels :)

Lambretta
14th February 2006, 07:00 PM
btw, why maatu vandi has 4 wheels? I thought it had only two wheels :)
Tats rite, even I was wondering abt Sri's statement.....!
But yes 'Jhatka' vandi (horse carts) do hav 4 wheels.......they r bigger than the Tongas, (which hav only 2 wheels) & were common in the West as well as in Indian cities like Hyd., Lucknow where the nawabs wud travel in them (b4 they had cars tat is!)

terminator
14th February 2006, 11:47 PM
Flight-ku reverse gear irrukka? :?

:roll:

Sanguine Sridhar
15th February 2006, 07:41 AM
Anu,Lamby
I was pointing out the legs of the bullock :D Anyways Terminator you can push your two wheeler with your leg backwards but 4 wheeler you cant.

And also i found the solution for the reverse gear in Flight.Flight dont have reverse gear but it follows the concept called Reverse thrust system
The reverse thrust system provides means of decelerating aircraft during the landing roll, thus reducing landing roll length. The thrust reverser units are attached at the turbine outlet case of each engine. The clamshell door type thrust reverser provides reversal of thrust by blocking the engine exhaust gas and fan air flow and deflecting the gasses through openings made by repositioned defector doors or by fixed cascade vane openings depending on the type of reverser mechanism. Exhaust gases of the centre engine are defected forward and out of the sides of the aft fuselage, and on strut mounted engines gases are defected above and below the engine in a forward direction.

The reversers are controlled by reverse thrust levers and operated by 13th stage engine bleed air. When not in use, the reversers are held in the locked position by 13th stage air and a mechanical lock.

Each engine throttle has an additional handle which is used to actuate the thrust reversers. The reverse thrust lever pivots about a point near to the top of the throttle. If reverse trust is required, the throttle must be retarded to closed and then the reverse thrust lever must be pulled up. Further aft movement of the lever will increase reverse thrust. "Feel is built into the system by spring loads that increase as more reverse thrust is applied.

Three amber thrust reverser operating lights are on the pilots centre instrument panel illuminate to indicate that the reverse thrust units are not locked in the forward thrust position. The have a dim facility.

Querida
15th February 2006, 09:10 AM
What is a native american called when he finishes medical school?

Witch doctor?? :huh: :?

A Doctor, You racist! :P

Lambretta
15th February 2006, 09:28 AM
A Doctor, You racist! :P
Me racist?? :roll: :lol: 'thot u cud find better ones in 'kanuck land'...? :P

Querida
15th February 2006, 09:34 AM
hmmm what to do it would have sounded funnier if indeed you had been stumped...oh well :) it was funny when the native american said it :roll: :P

shouldn't you go get some shut-eye?...i'm sure some dreamy vehicle awaits you :P

Lambretta
15th February 2006, 09:37 AM
hmmm what to do it would have sounded funnier if indeed you had been stumped...oh well :)

shouldn't you go get some shut-eye?...i'm sure some dreamy vehicle awaits you :P
:? Um....maybe ur a bit confused abt time zones here- as a matter of fact I've already had enuff 'shut-eye' last night & woke up today (its morning here now! :roll:) :D
Seems like a lovely day out here.....:lol:

Querida
15th February 2006, 09:40 AM
:lol: oops! Last message i read was that you were going to sleep and i didn't catch the details :) ok then good morning! what's better than a dream vehicle than seeing such a vehicle in reality :P

Lambretta
15th February 2006, 09:46 AM
ok then good morning! what's better than a dream vehicle than seeing such a vehicle in reality :P
Yup, tat I do everyday, in the parking lot of our bldg. wher its parked! :D
Neways, cyl!

podalangai
15th February 2006, 06:12 PM
mezhukuvarthi ai thalaikizhaga pidikkum pothum neruppu yean mel nokki yeriuthu..

ithuvum oru keLviya? mezuku is a good conductor of ego. As a result "hot air" flows from us through the mezukuvatthi into the neruppu, causing it to rise.

Ennai mAthiri oru vinithan mezukuvattiyai piditthal neruppu kizaiye nokki eriyum! :D

terminator
19th February 2006, 01:17 AM

ithuvum oru keLviya? mezuku is a good conductor of ego. As a result "hot air" flows from us through the mezukuvatthi into the neruppu, causing it to rise.

Ennai mAthiri oru vinithan mezukuvattiyai piditthal neruppu kizaiye nokki eriyum! :D

:lol:

terminator
27th February 2006, 08:51 PM
Cameralens is in round shape, but the photos are in rectangle. How?

Shakthiprabha.
27th February 2006, 09:09 PM
Focus area is RECTANGULAR :roll:

WHY DO MEN DRINK? What pleasure they get?

Sanguine Sridhar
27th February 2006, 10:33 PM
Unnga kannula ulla eyeballs enna rectangle-ava irrukku :? Look all the inventions are mostly will be the inspiration of something.Have you ever read in your smaller classes how your eyes are working? If not read it you will get the answer for this also.

Nerd
27th February 2006, 10:34 PM
WHY DO MEN DRINK?

:shock:

Nowadays almost all my girl friends drink :( I dont have many girl friends though :)

Sanguine Sridhar
27th February 2006, 10:35 PM

WHY DO WOMEN WATCH TV SERIALS? What pleasure they get?

ssanjinika
27th February 2006, 11:03 PM

WOMEN drink too :).Here its social to drink.Getting drunk is most often not the purpose of drinking..meaning..its just something to be enjoyed when you get together with your friends and collegues.

Lambretta
27th February 2006, 11:31 PM

WOMEN drink too :).Here its social to drink.Getting drunk is most often not the purpose of drinking..meaning..its just something to be enjoyed when you get together with your friends and collegues.
Actually I doubt if neone who drinks does so w/ the intention of getting drunk neway.....altho I wudn't know for sure! Nor wud I wanna try to! :P
Most of them who get drunk apparently first take it as sumthing to be enjoyed but finally w/out their realising happen to get drunk?? :huh: :roll:

Querida
27th February 2006, 11:46 PM
Really i don't know why men OR women do drink...sure it's a culturally acceptable here, but you only drink cause you want to not because anyone wants you too, i hate it when people use that weak excuse. :roll: I know many of my friends drink but because I don't like to I've never found it a problem..

Lambretta
27th February 2006, 11:49 PM
Really i don't know why men OR women do drink...sure it's a culturally accepted but you only drink cause you want to not because anyone wants you too....i hate it when people use that weak excuse
Exactly! :D
Neways, Que, for now I'll be taking ur earlier suggestion abt having sum shut-eye! :D
Its goin2 be midnite here now.......
Ciao all!

ssanjinika
28th February 2006, 12:23 AM
You dont drink coz someone wants you to..you drink coz you want to relax and enjoy with friends or when you are at a social gathering.Often its something todo when you get together with friends.Didnt say it was coz your friends want you to drink :?.

terminator
28th February 2006, 04:05 AM

WHY DO WOMEN WATCH TV SERIALS? What pleasure they get?

:rotfl:

terminator
28th February 2006, 04:10 AM
Unnga kannula ulla eyeballs enna rectangle-ava irrukku :? Look all the inventions are mostly will be the inspiration of something.Have you ever read in your smaller classes how your eyes are working? If not read it you will get the answer for this also.
Beckham I though it b4 posting it. but cant understand :roll:
I think Now i got it from howstuffworks.com :)

Querida
28th February 2006, 04:21 AM
You dont drink coz someone wants you to..you drink coz you want to relax and enjoy with friends or when you are at a social gathering.Often its something todo when you get together with friends.Didnt say it was coz your friends want you to drink :?.

Ssanjinika, I wasn't alluding/disagreeing to your point :) , I agree with your point that if you feel it is a way to enjoy yourself and company than it's your choice...but you'd be surprised how many people cannot admit to that and rather blame others for what they want to do as well... :roll:

Kollywoodfan
28th February 2006, 04:52 AM
hmm interesting thread!!

ssanjinika
28th February 2006, 07:34 PM
Querida ,Dont bother about me too much.I was being prickly bear yesterday thats y was quick to go on the defensive.Am in a much better frame of mind today :D.

jben1962
1st March 2006, 12:00 PM
It is not Mizhagu Pongal. In Tamilnadu it is called Venn Pongal. The pepper put in Pongal is the main taste of it. Who said no body eats pepper in pongal. Actully it should be bitten and eaten along with pongal. The Karam which mixes with salaiva actually gives the best taste for pongal. Moreover Pepper is the best spice for our good health. So next time eat more Mizhagu pongal, sorry sorry, Venn Pongal
Benedict

Shakthiprabha.
1st March 2006, 03:24 PM
Hmm I know I should have framed the Q as

"why ppl drink!"

Yeah relaxing. Its nice if done once in a while and occasionally.

Sad that parties are INCOMPLETE these days without drinking sessions :roll:

Its become more a SOCIAL-STATUS problem than done for relaxing. :? :(

ssanjinika
1st March 2006, 08:05 PM
SP,
People should set limits for themselves and adhere to it.Unfourtunately these days most people dont seem to.Instead of doing something coz they wantto ,they end up doing things coz others want them to and give the excuse that if they dont do it then they will be odd person out.Its unfortunate :(.

Lambretta
1st March 2006, 08:08 PM
SP,
People should set limits for themselves and adhere to it.Unfourtunately these days most people dont seem to.Instead of doing something coz they wantto ,they end up doing things coz others want them to and give the excuse that if they dont do it then they will be odd person out.Its unfortunate :(.
Exactly! It sounds so stupid too, to hear the reason they do it! :roll:

terminator
11th March 2006, 03:39 PM
Drink pannalam. Athukku oru kaaranam solrathu thaan thappu.
Santhosathirkku kudikkaran, thukkathirkkum kudikkiraan.. :huh:

Sanguine Sridhar
20th July 2006, 10:13 PM
Now-a days everything has become portable and small..I wonder why Xerox machine is this much bigger? When scanner,printer are small why not Xerox which is almost a combo of Scanner and Printer?

ssanjinika
20th July 2006, 10:33 PM
Any techies here who can help clear Sri's doubt :confused2:

rajraj
20th July 2006, 11:07 PM
Now-a days everything has become portable and small..I wonder why Xerox machine is this much bigger? When scanner,printer are small why not Xerox which is almost a combo of Scanner and Printer?

Sridhar,
Take a look at the features in that copying machine! You will know why? :lol:

http://www.allbusiness.com/buyers_guides/Copiers/2860

podalangai
21st July 2006, 12:11 AM
Idhu rombave sulabam, Sridhar-ayya! The size of office equipment is determined by the scrabble score associated with its name. For both "Scanner" and "printer"this is only 9 points, but "xerox" gets 19 points. Therefore, a Xerox machine inevitably has to be at least twice as big as a scanner or printer.

Now think how big they would have been if the first company to make them was called Quizex, and be grateful.

Sanguine Sridhar
21st July 2006, 12:27 AM
Thanks Raj and Podalangai! :)

Pod,

My Q is you can scan and take print out of A4 Size paper with your normal scanner/printer.So is it possible to introduce small xerox machine?

ssanjinika
21st July 2006, 12:36 AM
Idhu rombave sulabam, Sridhar-ayya! The size of office equipment is determined by the scrabble score associated with its name. For both "Scanner" and "printer"this is only 9 points, but "xerox" gets 19 points. Therefore, a Xerox machine inevitably has to be at least twice as big as a scanner or printer.

Now think how big they would have been if the first company to make them was called Quizex, and be grateful.
God forbid had it been a triple word score :lol:

Tia
21st July 2006, 04:05 AM
where does the universe end? how big is it? whats beyond the ending? does it ever stop? whats beyond the stopping place?

Surya
21st July 2006, 04:39 AM
where does the universe end? how big is it? whats beyond the ending? does it ever stop? whats beyond the stopping place?

It Never Ends....The Universe has no end. :) It's just Triollions and Triollions of Light Years, filled with Space, Galaxies, Starts, Suns, Moons, Planets, etc etc.

Hulkster
21st July 2006, 06:33 AM
I will put my questions like this

Why the need for imposing religion on children.
Where has basic humanity gone to?
What is the need for over zealous desires ?
When will we come to accept each other as humans rather than looking at each other like aliens?
How will this world ever be devoid of such violence?

Solution to all these questions - Ulaga Thalaivan Chandrasehar..:notworthy:

crazy
21st July 2006, 01:22 PM

When will we come to accept each other as humans rather than looking at each other like aliens?

kadisiya onnu sonneengale................... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd October 2006, 06:52 PM
Why not flights are designed as rectangle or square or someother shapes like Bus or train. Why flight need wings? Why it cant work like helicopter?? :roll:

Braandan
24th October 2006, 07:46 AM
Why not flights are designed as rectangle or square or someother shapes like Bus or train. Why flight need wings? Why it cant work like helicopter?? :roll:

Aeroplanes are to be shaped "aerodynamically" so that it can fly easily in air. Please go to www.howstuffworks.com and look for "how airplanes work" to get simple answers for your questions. also has "how helicopters work".

madhu
24th October 2006, 08:27 AM

danksu halku... :notworthy:

crazy
24th October 2006, 09:25 PM

danksu halku... :notworthy:

:lol: