PDA

View Full Version : MAABHARATHAM - A NEW DIMENSION

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
9th February 2006, 04:54 PM
Dear Friends, :)

There are enough literature and archeological evidences to prove that “Maabharatham” story happened in South India.The purpose of this topic is to prove this truth.

There are no single archeology / linguistic evidances that it happened in north India. The places / people mentioned in Viyasar’s “Mahabharatha” are alienated to North India.

It must be borne in mind that Vedhas were collected and written by Vedha Viyasar by 100 CE and Mahabharatha was also written by him later. Viyasar is a Dravidian, might be from Vaduka Karnataka. He organized Vedhas keeping Tamil’s organized structure of Aram, Porul, Inbam & Veedu (Naanmarai).(1)

Third Sankam timeline is (800 BCE to 200 CE). Perunthevanar a third sankam poet has written “Kadavul Vaazhththu” for Nattrinai,Kurunthokai,Inkurunooru, Akanaanooru & Puranaanooru and was called “Bharatham padiya Perunthevanaar”. This shows that He might have written “Maabharatham” story around 200 BCE, but it is not available now : Might be burned by foolish guys in “Bohi”. If U.Ve. Swaminathan Iyer is not there it is doubtful that present sankam might have also burned :!:

Perunthevanar’s “Maabharatham” might have copied with much imaginative stories and additions by Viyasar and written in Sanskrit. Let us see how this happened.

Scholars like Mu. Ragav Iyengar always equate Pandavar with Pandiyar. Sinkala Mahavamsam calls Vikrama Pandiyan as Vikrama Pandu.(2). Sinkala king Parakrama Pahu after winning Pandiyars had tittle as “Pandu Vijayam (3).

The root of Pandiyan is Pandu (old) – Galduwell (4)

Pal-Pandu-Pandi-Paandil means –eruthu-Kaalai (bull)
Pandi-Paandiyan – Kaalaiyan, vayavan, Veeran - Paavaanar (5)

Pandiyar were classified as five groups. i.e. Pandiyar,Kavuriyar,Maarar,Vazhuthiyar, & Cheziyar. Pandiyar were also called Panchavar. (6)

“ Ilayathu Aayinum Kilaiyara Eriyum
Arunarai Urumin Porumaraip Porach
Cherumaan PANCHAVAR Neeyae” –

“Panivil Urarchirappin PANCHAVAN kadal
Pazhiyodu Padarap PANCHAVA” --

“Meen Kodi padum PANCHAVANTHAAN Padal”

Just like Appalam turned Pappadam in Malayalam, Einthu-Anchu-Panchu – Panchavar
- Paavaanar (7)

Kavvu+Uriyar= Kavuriyar means ‘Thazhuvutharku Uriyavar- persons who are fittable to fight.

“Velpork KAVURIYAR nannaattu” (Akananooru)

“Thavira Eekaik KAVURIYAR maruka” (Puranaanooru)

“venverk KAVURIYAR Thol muthu kudi”

From above we can see Pandiyar & Kavuriyar are Pandavar & Gauravar.

Viyasar Bharatham says that Arjuna lived one year and one month in forest, reached the place of ‘Naaka Kannikai’ and Pandiyan’s daughter and lived with them.(8)

‘Maruthan’ was sanskritized as Arjuna(9)

The capital of Pandiyan (sometime)was Manavur / Manaloor was sanskritized as “Sikkaathapuri”(10)

Arjuna’s Uncle was Pandiyan. Pandiyar’s ‘Thinkal kulam’ matches with Pandavar’s Chandra kulam.(11)

In Valmiki Ramayan Chola’s were indendified as Suriya kulam.(12)

The above were based on the message given in Purananooru stating UHIYAN CHERALAATHAN who gave food to pandavars & Kauravars. The meaning of the poem was explained by our hubber Mr. Ramraghav sometime ago in “Mahabharatha” thread.

“Alangulai Puravi EIVARODU chinaie
Nilanthalai konda Polampoon Thumpai
ERAIM PATHINMARUM Poruthu kalatha Ozhiyap
Peruncotru Mukupathm Varayathu Koduthoe” (13)

Here ‘Eiverodu’ means five persons. ‘Eraimpathinmar’-100 persons.

The same messages has been registered in Silappathikaram as

“OR IEVAR EERAIM PATHINMAR Udantrezhuntha
Poril Perunchoru Potrathu Thanalitha
CHERAN PORAIYAN MALAYAN” (14)

During 230 BCE Simukan(sivamukan) Created ‘Sathavakanan’ Empire. (15). Historien Buler conforms this by Nasik inscriptions created by Second Kannaran of Sathavakanan
Empire. (207 BCE – 189 BCE) (16)

Kannan(tamil), Kannaran(Vaduka Kannandam), Krishnan(Sanskrit)
Kannaran’s Brother – in – law was Srisathakarni(17) He was called ‘Thakkan Perunko’(18). Krishna’s brother – in – law is Thuriyothan in the same way.

Tamil “Nootruvar Kannar” is Prakrit / Sanskrit Sathakarni.

Hence Vaduka kannaran (Krishna) turned against his brother – in – law and joined hands with Pandiyars.

Krisha is a yadava. Sathakarni also is a yadava.

This is further conformed by tamil third sankam literature. Idayar / Kurumbars / andars were specified as rulers of ‘mullai’ land and they gave disturbances to tamil kingdoms and one of such event was curbed by Chera Perncheral Irumporai.(19).

Then, Andars became battlers of Mauriars (Koolip padai) and when Maurians came down they created Sathavahana dynasty. Andar Padai turned anda patha- Anthrapada-present Anthra.

Naarathan was called “Moovulaku Moolavi”(Thiriloka Chanchari) based on Chera,Chola & Pandiya land (20)

Let us see the place of “Mabharatha” battle happened.

PERUCHERAL UTHIYAN gave food to Pandiyars & Sathkarni during battle.

The same Uthiyan is refered in ‘Akananooru’ written by Kotambalaththu thunchiya Cheraman as,

“Pallan Kuntril Padunizhal Cherntha
Nallan Parapin KUZHUMOOR Angan
Kodaikadan Entra Koda Nenchin
UTHIYAN attil pola oliyelzhuththu”

Here, the place of battle is given as Kuzhumoor and this Kuzhumoor is present Koyambattur – P.T.Srinivasa Iyengar.(21)

From the above we come to conclusion that “Maabharatham” happened between Vadukus and Tamils of same race and this timeline is 250 BCE. This historical event with imaginative stories & additions written in Sanskrit by Vedha Viyasar after nearly four centuries (100 CE).

Most of the Sanskrit literature were adapted from Tamil and were written by persons of South India. Different fields of knowledge of tamils like medicine,Sankiya,Yoha,music,Temple Architecture & mathematics were adapted in Sanskrit. I may write about them in relevant threads.

This shows knowledge and traditions were driven from south to North and not North to South.

References :

(1)Ayothithaasan Sinthanikal – Page 55,Ayothithaasar

(2),(3)Thennattu Porkalankal – Page 228,Ka.Appaththuraiyar

(4),(7) Sankakala Chirapu peryarkal- page 212, Dr.Mo.A. Thurai Arankasamy

(5) Vadamozhi Varalaaru –Page 203 Kna. Theva Neyan (Paavanar)

(6) Puranaanooru-58, Paripaadal -2, Silapapathikaaram 20

(8),(9),(10),(11),(12) Tamilar Varalaru – page 200 – Theva Neya Paavanar

(13) Puranaanooru -2

(14) Silapathikaaram -29

(15),(16),(18) A History of South India – page 93 – K.A. Neelakanda Sastri

(17)Pre historic Ancient and Hindu India-page117- R.D.Banerji

(19)Pathittrup paththu -71

(20)Tamilar Varalaru –Kna.Theva Neyan

(21)History of Tamils –page 493 , P.T.Srinivasa Iyengar.

f.s.gandhi

Lambretta
9th February 2006, 09:01 PM
[tscii:dfb6e9e6c0]
There are enough literature and archeological evidences to prove that “Maabharatham” story happened in South India.The purpose of this topic is to prove this truth.
There are no single archeology / linguistic evidances that it happened in north India. The places / people mentioned in Viyasar’s “Mahabharatha” are alienated to North India.
FSG,
Wat abt the supposed existance of the ruins of the city Indraprastha near Delhi?? And isn't Kurukshetra in the north too?[/tscii:dfb6e9e6c0]

indian224080
9th February 2006, 09:23 PM
FSG,
Did not u a few days back passed a slanderous remark against Pandavas saying that Polyandry is very common in North India(a Hindi culture) and Stopping Short of Calling Draupadi a illegitimate wife. Now in this thread u r claiming everyone as South Indians and calling all as Tamils!
Are u sure u wanna go with this?
You are inciting hatred and malice in the minds of other peple. And remember one thing in a public forum like this each and every guy remains an ambassador of his state. U r creating illwill among the minds of Non-Tamilians about Tamilians. That is all i have to say.

viggop
10th February 2006, 05:12 PM
Panchali was from Panchala Desam which is attributed to Punjab
Gandhari was from Gandhar which is attributed to afghanistan
Anga desam for which Karna was made king is supposed to be Bengal
Mathura is in Uttar Pradesh and Krishna later moved to Dwaraka in Gujarat.I think brindavan is also in Gujarat
Hastinapura and Indraprastha is supposed to be in Delhi
References to Ganges certainly means that the story was situated in N.India

viggop
10th February 2006, 05:19 PM
Also, Krishna is avathar of Vishnu and mahabharatham took place in Dwapara Yugam.That is a long long time ago chronologically.

indian224080
10th February 2006, 08:08 PM
Well Said Viggop.
People right from EVR to today's Politicians have been stirring just this kind of information to mislead,malign and trouble the masses by inciting malice,hate,prejudice among the different sections of society. I am not sure about the nationality of the Original Poster but his acts does seem to remind me of the same set of people who did the same.

Lambretta
10th February 2006, 08:19 PM
Gandhari was from Gandhar which is attributed to afghanistan
Yes, present-day Kandahar to be precise.
Also her brother, Shakuni, was also known as Gandhar Naresh (King of Gandhar).

Sandeep
11th February 2006, 10:27 AM
This is highly insulting.

Lambretta
11th February 2006, 11:05 AM
Oh well, true but we've got to put up w/ it all; tats wat life is all abt.....! :|

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
11th February 2006, 01:43 PM
-Erased-

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
11th February 2006, 01:45 PM
I have already said that 'Mahabharatha' story was written with imaginations,additions & insertions(later years) of real event happened in South India.

I am not spreading hatred but real history. Our Indian friends should understand this if they have broad open mind.

I insist certain phrases like 'South to North' Because so far told history is north to south which is wrong. That is all about.

f.s.gandhi

Sandeep
11th February 2006, 04:46 PM
-deleted-

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
11th February 2006, 04:46 PM
In Indian subcontinent chronologically foremost Empires were South Pandiyar,Cholar & Cherar. Then in northwest Mahathan Empire was Created. Civilizational growth,Empire economics & politics were transformed from south to North.

Baheerathan who is mentioned in Puranas is ‘Pah rare Chempiyan’, A tamil Chola king. He formulated Kangai river. His ancestor was Azhagu Nanthan. A branch of river Ganga is named after him as Nanthan river. The same type of messages in Puranas shows that during BCE cholas ruled all over India before Mahathans. Sinthu Valley Civilization should be Chola’s civilization. Rama is indentified as person of Chola dynasty.(1)

In Bihar’s Patna district Mahathan government was formed with capital of Rasakirugam. It grew as an empire with Patna as capital where Ganga & Son rivers jointed. Then Maurien empire was formed. During 230 BCE Anthra(Sathavahana) Empire was formed when Maurien Empire got down.

“ Venkot tiyanai SONAI padiyum
Ponmali PADALI perie Yiyar” – KURUNTHOKAI – 75

Valmiki Ramayana’s Kishkinda Kandam tells the empires in south of Vindiya mountains were Anthirar,Pundarar,Cholar,Pandiyar & Keralar. The port ‘Musirip pattininam’ is specified by ‘Muraseep pattanam’ in Ramayana.

“Tathaiv Andhramsca Pudramsca colan pandyau sa keralam” (2)

This shows that Valmki Ramanyan was written after Anthra Empire’s formation and the antiquity of tamils empires.

Ramayana also says about Pandiyan capital ‘Kavadapuram’(which was head of Second Sankam) and the doors in Kavadapuram which were filled up with Pearls.

“tato hemamayam divyam mukta,mani,Vihusitam
Yuk KAVADAM PANDIYANAM gatadraksyata vanarali” (3)

During BCE the following small empires were in North India.

1. Angam – Bihar,Orissa – Bahalpur, munkare districts
2. Mahatham - Bihar, Patna, Gaya districts
3. Vazzi – North Bihar Musapalpur, saran, Sampam districts
4. Kasi – East UP, Varanasi,Kasipur,Mirsapur districts.
5. Kosalam - UP- Luknow, Kasipur, Mirsapur districts
6. Mallam – East UP, Korakpur district
7. Vamsam - East UP, Alahabad, Panda districts
8. Cettie - South UP, Kanpur,Unavo districts
9. Panchaalam- North UP, Roghikand district
10. Guru - West UP, Aligar, Meerat, Delhi,Daneshwar districts
11. Machcham -East Rajstan Revaari, Gurkarong,Alwar,Jaipur districts
12. Soorasenam-West UP Mathura, Barathpur,Jaipur districts
13. Asumakam - Godhavari river beginning
14. Avanthi - West MP, Maalavam
15. Gandharam - Pakistan Peshaavar
16. Kamposam – Afkhnistan Kabul

Hence, North East Mahatham was big empire like South Tamil Empires that too formulated during 400 BCE. There was no big Empire directly North of Tamil Empires during BCE. Kanishkars’s Kushana dynasty was created only during 78 CE.

Since Empire theory had gone south to North and not vice versa, the so called Aryan invasion theory is wrong.(which I may write in detail who are Aryans in relevant thread)

With this background the Tamil & Sanskrit literature are to be researched.

References :

(1) Tamilar Varalaaru – Kna. Thevaneyan (Paavaanar)

(2), (3) Valmiki Ramayan, Kishkintha Kaandam 41.2,42.13, quoted by P.T.Srinivasa Iyengar, History of Tamils, From earliest time to 600 AD.

f.s.gandhi

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
11th February 2006, 05:02 PM
Sorry FSG,

You may be thinking you are spreading Knowledge, buts its hatred and insult that you are trading in.

Don't know if your Intentions is just to prove some historic point but it seems more towards Segregation

I request you to identify which part I maintain separatism. After all India is a democratic country. Differenct views shall be put across to derive exact thing.

History is a lesson to learn. Values to be derived. I attack certain views because it has disintegration core within, which may produce unknown negative effects. I rely & pray for longterm solutions to multi-religious, multi-lingual state with downtrodden masses participate in nation building like India.

f.s.gandhi

Sandeep
11th February 2006, 05:58 PM
Sure FSG India is a democracy and freedom of speech is uncompromisable.

But that doesn't mean spreading hatred and trading insults at others.

You speak about nation building, but what nation are you trying to build by deliberately attempting to denigrate and looking down at others for no mistake of theirs.

How is your false but powerful propaganda ever going to contribute to nation building. History has shown again and again that when ever a community gets caught up in superiority madness they have always caused destruction.

Anyway accepting that you have complete and unquestioned freedom to express your believes I take back what I said.

goodsense
12th February 2006, 01:52 AM
Oh well, true but we've got to put up w/ it all; tats wat life is all abt.....! :|

O yes! Serpents have always been around mankind and they have learnt long time, how to live with them :oops:

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
12th February 2006, 02:42 PM
How is your false but powerful propaganda ever going to contribute to nation building. History has shown again and again that when ever a community gets caught up in superiority madness they have always caused destruction.

Anyway accepting that you have complete and unquestioned freedom to express your believes I take back what I said.

The above was done by some miscreants in the past. My part is to reveal out the real history. For that, I seem to be forceful because already established wrong building should be broken with truths.

You seem to be refering Tamil's superiority madness. It is not so. I am talking about pre-historic period. I have to reveal what it was as it is. At the sametime I may write about 'Medivial India' in relevant column in which tamils -why - the whole Indian society had slavery.

My point here is that the views of 10 % white collars or the progressness of 10% people of India that has been so far in indian mass communicational media, is not the forwardness of India. The real inhabitants who constitute 80% masses should get liberty. They should know what is their history. They should know what was done before.

The differences in the past history should be clearly shown to derive out possible integration. There is line of positive culture in Indian culture. That should be revealed for real nation building.

That is what I am doing. Friends should understand this.

f.s.gandhi

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
13th February 2006, 05:22 PM
Who did create Middle order & North Indian Empires during BCE?

1.Chalukkia & Hoisala (tamil Poich chola) Empires – Irunkovel Chola dynasty – Tamil + koduntamil vaduka kannada mixture. Hoisala capital is Pelar (Velar). Chalukkia’s Thuvarasamuththiram was called Helabeedu(Pazhaveedu)

2.Gujarat Cholanks dynasty – Vaduka kanndikas

3.Rastrakutas(Reddies) – Vaduka Kannadikas

4.Kantalam- Capital vanavasi – Vaduka kannadikas. (the above all –(1))

5.Mahatham was Dravidian(tamilian) govt. (2)

6.Mathyaprathesam- Vaduka telugus(3)

7.Malava –CapitalUjjaini – Kalachuris- Vaduka kannadikas(4)

8.Mitila- Nanayaththevan – Vaduka kannadikas(5)

9.East Bengal ‘Sena’ dynasty – Vijaya senan – Vaduka kannadikas(6)

10.Pelgam-Capital Thevagiri – Vaduka kannadikas(7)

11.Thatchaseelam,Mathura, West India – Sithiyas,Sakar(8)

12.Mahata Guptas won sithiyas during (319-468 CE)(9)

13.Chandra Gupta Mauria had ‘Chanakya’- a tamil ‘Parppan’ (not Brahmin since the word formed later years) and chanakya had another name as ‘Thramila’(Tamilan),belonged to Kancheepuram. Ramanujar in his ‘Sribadiyam’ specifies him as ‘Thramila chariar’. (10)

14.Rajputs were mixture of Mangolian Huns and Gurchara tribes (11)

15.Kalinga ‘Cholakangar’ were from Chola dynasty and Ananthavarman(Rajaraja 1) contructed Poori Jagannadar temple.(12)

This shows most of the Middle and north Indian empires were either Chola dynasty or Vaduka dynasty. This further proves empiran economics migrated from south to North and invasion happened from south to North.

There is no Aryans from Kyber / Bolan trespasses came to India to demolish India as Maxmuller and other Aryan forefathers claim. There is no sign in history that all Indian inhabitants came from abroad to India as Western minds claim.

References :

(1) Hyderabad Archeological series Vol XIII No.13
(2),(3),(4),(5),(6),(7),(8) & (9) Pre historic Ancient Hindu India – R.D.Banerji

(10),(11) & (12)- Tunour, Mahawanso, P21 J.A.S. V2 quoted by P.T. Srinivasa Iyengar

f.s.gandhi

indian224080
13th February 2006, 08:25 PM
Hey FSG,
One personal question. Whats ur nationality?

But one thing i and others would be happy about FSG posting is the One-India (a Greater Tamilnadu extending from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Gujarat to Assam.) policy he maintains. This clearly refutes the fact (some tamil supremos's) that there was never a One-India before british rule.

:D

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
14th February 2006, 01:45 PM
Too Personal :!: You could have posted to my personal box.

Anyway nothing wrong as far as mine is concerned as I always maintain my own incarnation in such kind of open public discussion and this is only one forum I talk with global friends.

My name as in passport F.S.GANDHI. Ofcourse I am an Indian as citizenship. I have employment in Saudi Arabia for the past one year as a mechanical Engineer.

I don't have any mission as like "Tamil Akanda Bharatham". And If you visit my post in Tamil's elderliness.... thread you can find I am talking in global perspective of pre-historic cultures where tamil elements present.

I welcome your healthy criticisms to my posts in future. Thanks.

f.s.gandhi

wild think
14th February 2006, 09:38 PM
Hey FSG,
One personal question. Whats ur nationality?

But one thing i and others would be happy about FSG posting is the One-India (a Greater Tamilnadu extending from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Gujarat to Assam.) policy he maintains. This clearly refutes the fact (some tamil supremos's) that there was never a One-India before british rule.

Indian twotwofourzeroeightzero, what is yours? You are not even a Tamil! Is there a sanskrit nationality?

srivatsanvr
21st February 2006, 03:54 AM
What a biased thought!

It is height of ignorance or hieght of " "! Sorry I dont have words to comment this. Mr. Vandayaar, I see nothing short of hatred in your thread. You can even interprt "America" to be based on a Tamizh word! Keep it up!

Eelavar
23rd February 2006, 12:37 AM
So what about Dwarka's ruins ??

Gujarat is not South India.

Eelavar
23rd February 2006, 12:40 AM
But what is sure about Mahabharatha is that South Indians can be identified as beeing the Pandavas.

Lotusrose
5th March 2006, 10:01 PM
-deleted-
hi
:lol: :oops: :roll: :shock:

pooja.shankar
5th March 2006, 10:41 PM
well i have heard that ....keeping a MAHABHARATAM BOOK AT HOME COULD CREATE FAMILY PROBLEMS ?

i dint say it .

i heard it

devapriya
6th March 2006, 04:17 PM
Friendsm

we need to look at One India, and we have Tamil Sangam Literature which confirms the great Vedic And Epic Traditions.

Archealogy confirms from Dwaraka and other places.

Tamil Pandya King arranged for TRanslation of Mahabaratha to Tamil in BCE 200 AS per Velvikudi Copper Plates.

Devapriya.

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
24th March 2006, 11:56 PM
[tscii:921cb6b275]
Friendsm

we need to look at One India, and we have Tamil Sangam Literature which confirms the great Vedic And Epic Traditions.

Archealogy confirms from Dwaraka and other places.

Tamil Pandya King arranged for TRanslation of Mahabaratha to Tamil in BCE 200 AS per Velvikudi Copper Plates.

Devapriya.

The timeline of ‘VELVIKUDI CHEPPEDU' is (710-775 CE) and not any BCE. Pallava King Nanthivarman II-Army Head Udayachandran was defeated by Pandian from the place Neduvarai to Kuzhumur – 7 villages. This is the message from this Cheppedu.

Refer -Pandian Nedunchadayan Paranthakan Velvikudi Cheppedukal by T.V. Sadasiva Pandaraththar, Pandiyar Varalaru, Page 3-4.

Solomon :!: Devapriya :!: Continue your lies,misinterpretations and selective quotings. Perhaps ‘Velvi’ tempted your Archaka mind. It is tamil Velvi and not artificial sanskrit Yaham where you may be given job.

Mahabharatham was copied from tamil and rewritten with imaginative stories in Sanskrit. Wait for my future postings containing such kind of copied versions in Sanskrit from all arts of tamils.

f.s.gandhi
[/tscii:921cb6b275]

shoyonika
26th March 2006, 10:07 PM
Mahabharatha was written by Sri Vyasadeva(who is known as Badarayana, KrshnaDwaipayana and Veda Vyasa). This is older than any dravidian works known to date.

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
31st March 2006, 12:15 AM
Dear Shoyonika,

You seems to be in imaginative world doing preachings as Rishis do. I have observed this from your postings. Visit old postings in this forum.

You cannot claim the Antiquity of Sanskrit without mentioning the timeline.

Good luck next time.

f.s.gandhi

manyvan2000
1st April 2006, 12:08 AM
hmm... but tamilnation lists perunthevanar as a 9th century poet?

http://www.tamilnation.org/literature/krishnamurti/04epic.htm

devapriya
1st April 2006, 06:57 PM
Friends.

Tholkappiyam Datings are now well acepted to 50CE, and further Tholkappiyar says
Vadasol kizavi
vadazezuthu Orie... When you use Sanskrit words, avoid Sanskrit letters such as Ja sha etc.,

Now FSG Lives in an imaginary world spreading venomic views.

Let him give proofs with Reputable Universities of any part of the world, and not few from a begotted club.

My mistake was that I must have said Chinnamanur seppadu.

Now FSG dates the Copper Plate to its date, then we do not have any MANuscript of Tamil that can be dated to earlier than 17th Cen, where as Sanskrit starts from Ist Cen. BCE.

bis_mala
1st April 2006, 08:57 PM
At the time Tolkaappiyam was written (more than 5 thousand years ago), the Rig Veda had not yet taken shape and if it had, it could have been floating around "orally". If, that is...

shoyonika
3rd April 2006, 09:38 PM
Dear Gandhiji,
Imagination is what you do while writing and quoting books from tamil language. If necessary, do not hesitate to ask me the timeline of Samskrith works, and I wont deny your requests. But if you do not want to know about Samskrith works, it is completely your wish. As far your thoughts about Rishis are concerned, speak not about whom you know not. Never did they preach any imaginations.
Lastly I have lot of good-luck, received by critics of your like, now its your turn to be atleast a bit lucky if not fully, So, Good luck to you too.

manyvan2000
4th April 2006, 12:11 AM
interesting article by iraamaki...
http://valavu.blogspot.com/2006/04/blog-post.html

Eelavar
6th April 2006, 03:50 PM
Tamil and Sanskrit are two beautiful classical languages , and nobody can deny this fact.

I personnaly don't think to the rubbish division made by Max Mueller. Aryan/Dravidian.

Are we too much stupid to be fooled like that ?

manyvan2000
8th April 2006, 01:52 AM
unfortunately, yes we are.
why do you think we let someone who doesnt know neither of these languages to come up with some theory?
why do you think we even need approval from universities outside india?
why do you think we accept the supremacy of english, but fight over other indian languages?
why do you think we speak of peace, while fighting amongst ourselves?

In fact this forum would have easily come to a conclusion, if either of these sides had got an european to speak for them. we can not think logically and we are all like ten-year-olds who think that we should prove the others stupid (we do not know how to prove our superiority) to get the attention of grown-ups (europeans). Even today, they exploit us. we happily work for them. But we will not, at any cost, work for the development of our own people.

If you really want to find out the truth about these languages, you should study both the languages deeply, then compare both the languages. If you can read the ancient texts in both the languages without the help of others, you sure can compare both. till then, please stop.

does any one of us dare to accept truth?

I will apologize and bow to anyone who proves me wrong.

Nakeeran
8th April 2006, 12:40 PM
FS Gandhi

Why are you carrying VANDAYAR after your name ....

Is it some award or certificate of merit or it reflects your caste ??

Come on mate....you are carrying the name of the greatest Indian and you are so caste oriented even today ??????????????

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others.......

Nakeeran
8th April 2006, 12:44 PM
I respect Tamil as a very old language but it does not mean that one has to continue wondering about the past...

WHATS HAPPENING TODAY ?? which language is dominant ??

FSG think for a while...you will get the answer mannnnnn

Stop this nonsense thinking about Maabarath etc etc......

Looks like you are hard core Tamil separatist and anti national.....

No wonder you are in another country

devapriya
8th April 2006, 02:46 PM
Friends,

BISMALA AND FSG CARRIES CHILLING LIES WITH COLD BLOOD.

Tholkappiyam dating by them is not supported by any reason and now Objective Scholars date it close to 50CE.

Mahabaharatha is in Pre-Panini (BCE 5th Cen) Sanskrit and dated close to 600 BCE by Critical Scholars.

Tholkappiyam refers to Vedas, very clearly at many places and Sanskir much more times.

Why keep Lying.

Devapriya.

pizzalot
9th July 2006, 12:14 AM
FS Gandhi

Why are you carrying VANDAYAR after your name ....

Is it some award or certificate of merit or it reflects your caste ??

Come on mate....you are carrying the name of the greatest Indian and you are so caste oriented even today ??????????????

Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones at others.......

Gandhi is not a caste name. It is a family name. So must be Vandayar.

If even a caste is seen as an identity, it should be welcome. If is used to secure a hierarchial position in the society, it should be destroyed. I do not know about Vandayar. Is it a caste or family name ? If it is NOT a high-one then it is OK to be allowed to use. Because it secures some identity for the people who need it. If it is a high-one indeed, then we must show resistance.

johntony
12th July 2006, 04:56 AM

bis_mala
18th July 2006, 04:45 PM
Friends,

BISMALA CHILLING LIES WITH COLD BLOOD.

Tholkappiyam dating by them is not supported by any reason and now Objective Scholars date it close to 50CE.

Tholkappiyam refers to Vedas, very clearly at many places and Sanskir much more times.

Why keep Lying.

Devapriya.

That Tolkaappiyam predated the oral arya vedas has been clearly explained before in my posts. Devapriya refer to them. Whenever Tamil books of ancient times refer to "maRai", they refer to treatises on aRam, poRul, inbam and viidu, sorry, not the arya chantings which later took on the name vedas. The Tamil word vEtham comes from "veithal". This Tamil word has a striking similarity in meaning with the word "maRai".(Both words refer to something "hidden" ; additionally "vEtham" can also mean "composition". All from Tamil roots.

Devapriya tries to hide Tamil antiquity and genius ; her arguments are ideology-driven and she quotes from authors of her own ideology.

bis_mala
18th July 2006, 05:14 PM
[tscii:163fcc103a]The term “vaandayaar” is not a caste name. It means “Lord of Swords” and comes from the root “vaaL” which means “sword” in Tamil. It is a title conferred by the kings of those days on those who fought well and won in wars.

Study:

: vaaL + thu = vaaNdu. ( = in possession of sword).

Compare: aaL > aaNdu > aaNdavan, aaL > aaNdi etc. maaL > maaNdavan.
(regardless of noun or verb, L +thu = Ndu )
VaaNdu + ai = vaaNdai. ( ai = Lord, leader ). The word iyer also
came from the same root “ai”.

aar = (to denote respect ). Plural ending.

(vaaL + thu)+ ai +aar. = vaandaiyaar.

Some may derive it from another word “vaaNdu” meaning a small child.
The titles pillai, kutty are derived in that manner.
[/tscii:163fcc103a]

bis_mala
18th July 2006, 08:58 PM
Tamil and Sanskrit are two beautiful classical languages , and nobody can deny this fact.

I personnaly don't think to the rubbish division made by Max Mueller. Aryan/Dravidian.

However one may dislike the term, the word "Dravida" cannot be displaced or banished from the Indian scene. Many ancient texts in India have this word "Dravida". It is also found in other non-Indian languages.
The term refers to the South Indian people.
In Sanskrit, Tamil is referred to as "Dravida Basha". The southern BrahmaNas are referred to as Dravida BrahmaNas!!
The Indian national anthem has this word : "Dravida".

In Bhagawata PuraNa, VIII-24, manu is referred to as Satyawarta, the King of Dravida

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DESTROY ALL SUCH TEXTS AND REFERENCES.

Whatever interpretations one may prefer, the terms Arya and Dravida are there in Indian literature.

harishkumar09
20th July 2006, 08:16 PM
Really crazy !

harishkumar09
20th July 2006, 08:28 PM
Modernity or Antiquity cannot be the test of truth or greatness.

pizzalot
21st July 2006, 11:48 AM

However one may dislike the term, the word "Dravida" cannot be displaced or banished from the Indian scene. Many ancient texts in India have this word "Dravida". It is also found in other non-Indian languages.
The term refers to the South Indian people.
In Sanskrit, Tamil is referred to as "Dravida Basha". The southern BrahmaNas are referred to as Dravida BrahmaNas!!
The Indian national anthem has this word : "Dravida".

In Bhagawata PuraNa, VIII-24, manu is referred to as Satyawarta, the King of Dravida

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DESTROY ALL SUCH TEXTS AND REFERENCES.

Whatever interpretations one may prefer, the terms Arya and Dravida are there in Indian literature.

Why do people refuse to accept Aryan and Dravidian divide and call it a myth ? Is there any political motive ? What could be the ideology about ?

podalangai
21st July 2006, 03:38 PM
Why do people refuse to accept Aryan and Dravidian divide and call it a myth ? Is there any political motive ? What could be the ideology about ?
On this Hub, it is for the very sensible reason that the topic will otherwise be locked.

F.S.Gandhi vandayar
26th July 2006, 01:32 AM
[tscii:1c48ed31df]The term “vaandayaar” is not a caste name. It means “Lord of Swords” and comes from the root “vaaL” which means “sword” in Tamil. It is a title conferred by the kings of those days on those who fought well and won in wars.

Study:

: vaaL + thu = vaaNdu. ( = in possession of sword).

Compare: aaL > aaNdu > aaNdavan, aaL > aaNdi etc. maaL > maaNdavan.
(regardless of noun or verb, L +thu = Ndu )
VaaNdu + ai = vaaNdai. ( ai = Lord, leader ). The word iyer also
came from the same root “ai”.

aar = (to denote respect ). Plural ending.

(vaaL + thu)+ ai +aar. = vaandaiyaar.

Some may derive it from another word “vaaNdu” meaning a small child.
The titles pillai, kutty are derived in that manner.
[/tscii:1c48ed31df]

Thanks Ms. Sivamala :!: for your post. Usually I try to avoid answering personal questions.

I am quite busy now due to new project works which is hammerising me not to make frequent posts.

I express here the historical background of 'Vaandayar'. Tamil Epic 'Kalingathuthupparani' was written on 'Vaandayar kone'- the ancestor of all vandayars , a 12 the century war head of chola empire who won kalinga. He was karunakara Thondaiman.

Your root word analysis completely fits. Thanks once again.

f.s.gandhi

bis_mala
27th July 2006, 07:37 PM
You r welcome ! Thanks for your piece from Kalingaththup ParaNi.
Regards.