PDA

View Full Version : CAN I...?

rsubras
10th February 2006, 11:48 AM
[/tscii:93924c1f36]It was 9'0 in the night. Dark clouds covered the moon giving an appearance of a Vanilla flavored ice-cream filled with chocolate sauce. There was a slight drizzle and the weather was chill. The M5 route bus was traveling along the ups and downs of Old Mahabalipuram Road dearly called as OMR (it shud have been called OMG [ Oh My God !!]rather, given its current condition and the scare it gives to the motorists). Rahul and Atul, both employees of a MNC Software company in the OMR, (In Chennai, most of the Software companies have set up their office alongside OMR only...If you are walking in the OMR, accidentally slip and fall down, chances are that a security guard of some IT company is gonna ask your ID card :) ) Both were boarding the bus returning home after a long day at office. To wile away the time, they were chatting between themselves. What else two Software guys would be talking, either whine / gossip about their PL's and PM's or talk about the attractive girls. Our guys, tired of whining about their peers, turned to see their fellow travelers. One girl in yellow chudithar attracted Rahul's attention.

Rahul : abey Atul, Usko dekh, that girl nice hai na?

Atul (turns and sees) : Oh yeah , looks exactly like your PL Kavitha ;)

Rahul : Arrey yaar, dont spoil my mood. This girl is damn cute. Dekh dekh...the the way she plays with the rain drops in the window. So cute, so innocent.

Atul : Dosth.. tum theek ho? Arrey whatz this, there is a drizzle outside and now started from ur mouth too?

Rahul : arey, chup raho yaar.. Valentine's day is coming up and me having no girl friends to celebrate. I am gonna try my luck with her this time.

Atul : You are mad or what? What you are gonna do?

Rahul : I am going to start a convo and slowly pick up

Atul : pick up what, her handbag ah?

Rahul : you donkey, Her friendship da........

Atul : Remember dude, this is not your mumbai.... In South India, esp.. in Chennai, girls are very sensitive... They will not react kindly to a stranger coming and start flirting straight away...

Rahul : Arrey I know yaar, have seen quite a few Murali films in our dappa T.V. I know the nuances of how to approach girls, start a convo etc.,

[ As their talks were going on, the bus stops at the next stop... The lady next to Miss. Yellow Chudithar gets down at that stop and now the seat next to her is vacant]

Rahul : Ware waah. See, Angel of Love is with me. Nice opportunity to get closer to her and start a conversation. I shall go and occupy the seat next to her

Atul : Khayal rakho yaar.... She might get you caught in eve teasing case..Who knows she might even be a lady police herself.

Rahul (chuckles) : She cannot be, I have heard in Chennai, lady Police are dressed in white. Can't u see that my angel is dressed in yellow

Atul : No, For me it looks like a white chudithar that has gone yellow over the years. Probably they might not be having Surf Excel at home

Rahul : Cut the crap, Atul, whatever it is, I am going to take the seat next to her

Atul : May God be with you friend, lets meet at police station. Can i have your advocate's number

Rahul : Shut up da...Just watch what I am doing

Rahul walks up to the yellow chudithar girl. She still keeps playing with the rain droplets in the window. Sighting Rahul near her seat, she smiles at him. Rahul tries to smile back , but he couldnt, out of tension, yet he forces himself to smile. As a result the smile comes out as a stupid laughter......... Controlling himself... Rahul points to the seat next to the girl and tries to ask “Can..I take this seat....". But owing to tension, he manages to stutter only “Can… I….?”. The smile vanishes from the girl's face... She retorts asking...."What??"...... Rahul is taken aback by the tone of her voice. Still, holding his cool and stupid laughter a.k.a smile, he again points to the seat near her, and asks "Can...I…occu..”

*Smash*.... Before Rahul could complete the sentence, she slaps him..... Rahul stood there stunned. The co-passengers were shocked by this incident, sim drop silence prevailed for a second, and people started murmuring between themselves.

Sensing the gravity of the situation, Atul quickly pulls Rahul away from the place and gets down at the next stop. "Hey da Rahul... I told u na... Tamilnadu girls are a sensitive lot. They wouldn’t like a guy sitting next to them however modern they have bcome....." As Atul keeps talking, a shell-shocked Rahul walks along with him voiceless.

Meanwhile our heroine Miss.Yellow chudithar's friend Laila who sat in the last row all these time, comes down to her

Hey Shriya (Miss. Yellow chudithar's name is Shriya) , whatz the matter pa. Why u slapped him...?

Shriya : Hear this pa, This guy and his friend were standing there all the while pointing to me and chuckling to themselves. Initially I thought they are ogling at me and since they were also cute (blushes), so I didn’t mind that much. When that old lady got down at the previous stop, I even thought of asking the smartest of them to come and sit near me (blushes again)

Laila : Then?

Shriya : Then what, that guy actually came here. I thought he is going to sit near me. But that stupid no, thought I am a foolish enough to play like a child with the rain drops. He kept on laughing at me. I kept quiet and maintained my cool. I think, He must have thought I am a north Indian girl not knowing tamil and and….

Laila : And what?

Shriya : Huh...I love playing with the rain. What bothers him? How could he call me a KENAI for doing that?

Laila : ?!!!??!!!!

pavalamani pragasam
10th February 2006, 12:18 PM
Hilarious! :rotfl:

Lambretta
10th February 2006, 02:11 PM
In South India, esp.. in Chennai, girls are very sensitive... They will not react kindly to a stranger coming and start flirting straight away...
:| :roll: :roll:
Neways, a very fitting reply tat girl gave him, I'd think! :D

Btw, PP ma'm, wat exactly is KENAI?? :?

ssanjinika
10th February 2006, 09:01 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Lambretta
10th February 2006, 10:37 PM
Oh c'mooooooon...... :twisted: :roll:
Wat IS it for godssake??!!! :banghead:

ssanjinika
10th February 2006, 11:05 PM
Kenai -kku artham eppadi sollarathu?
Its a thittara word in tamizh.Something like supid person or an idiot.

Lambretta
10th February 2006, 11:43 PM
Ohh....ok got it! Its a curse word, jus like Pandi....:)

Querida
11th February 2006, 09:22 AM
:lol: ayyo i don't know what's funnier...bus story or scooter? :P

terminator
11th February 2006, 10:13 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

selvakumar
11th February 2006, 05:35 PM
Ohh....ok got it! Its a curse word, jus like Pandi....:)]

Lambretta, The meaning is

"All the words in english that can describe idiotic, stupid actions" In short, a mentally retarded person..:D

malsi
11th February 2006, 05:36 PM
had a good laugh...nice story..

Lambretta
11th February 2006, 05:44 PM
Okkkkkkkk guys, got the meaning at last!
Yup, had a good laugh u did, more at me...... :roll: :oops: :P

selvakumar
11th February 2006, 06:03 PM
Okkkkkkkk guys, got the meaning at last!
Yup, had a good laugh u did, more at me...... :roll: :oops: :P

They might have did it.. they might have thought that the title suits them more :lol:

Lambretta
11th February 2006, 06:05 PM
ok never mind, forget it......! :roll:

crazy
12th February 2006, 05:05 PM
kenai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
really funny!

pavalamani pragasam
12th February 2006, 08:08 PM
On second thoughts the story is highly improbable! Hard to believe a young man going to an unaquainted girl & calling her names! Or the stammering young man's intention misunderstood by a willing flirt!

scorpio
13th February 2006, 11:45 AM
Nice one :lol:

Lambretta
13th February 2006, 12:52 PM
kenai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
really funny!
Actually it turns out to be 'crazy', as they all say! :lol:

Lambretta
13th February 2006, 12:54 PM
On second thoughts the story is highly improbable! Hard to believe a young man going to an unaquainted girl & calling her names! Or the stammering young man's intention misunderstood by a willing flirt!
True, or perhaps it tells us tat neither can be trusted (in this case the girl too being a willing flirt!).......? :huh:

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 01:33 PM
uh...... wasted humour. Just a single '2-liner' joke was dragged into a 15 sentence coversation.

next time plz

:)