PDA

View Full Version : Mercury Pookkal - Karthik Raja

inetk
15th February 2006, 07:18 PM
Anyone heard the songs? Indiaglitz has reported that the music has released!

Sanjeevi
15th February 2006, 11:18 PM
Mercury pookal is released out in Chennai, today. I saw posters.

Hope it will be a come back for KR

popeye11
16th February 2006, 12:59 AM
Hopefully this will bring KR up~

Looking forward to listening the Album!

Dreamchaser
17th February 2006, 10:09 PM
the real thing is.. only the audio release function was done, the music has not been released yet !!

popeye11
18th February 2006, 12:06 AM
the real thing is.. only the audio release function was done, the music has not been released yet !!

Oops is this ture? Any idea when the audio will be out~

inetk
19th February 2006, 08:31 PM
Thats strange...I wonder what they were trying to 'release' in the 'music' release function! In any case, this seems to have drowned in the Godfather onslaught. For the sake of KR - yes, I'm a closet fan of KR! - hope this one's decent and releases soon!

Karthik

MumbaiRamki
20th February 2006, 09:42 AM
I saw the cassette cover ..The CD is releasing today ..This is what i remember vaguely
1.Song by Sukhwinder and tippu
2.SOng by Hariharan
3.SOng by Karthik Raaja and Shreya ,repeated with Shankar Mahadevan
4.Another song by new comers
5.I forgot teh last song :)

vasanth2006
20th February 2006, 05:28 PM
Really shocking display.
just now only i heared the songs.it is rocking.......
i think he changed the gears and style.

inetk
20th February 2006, 07:22 PM
And here goes the mandatory 100 words!
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Karthik

popeye11
20th February 2006, 07:43 PM
Songs are okay with the first listening! Repeated listenings will leave a strong impact. Solla Varthaigal, Malarvaai and Jaladheepam are too good. The other two songs are okay!
Good Album from karthik Raja on the whole! :thumbsup:

njv
20th February 2006, 11:44 PM
Mugurtha Neram - Good on first listening.
Pachakiliye - dappanguthu song. nothing great. infact its bad.
Jaladheepam - Good one, but should save it for hindi album. Karthink sound like IR at times :)
Malarvaai - I love Sukhwinder voice, so I may be biased, good song :) Reminds me of some ARR song.
Solla Vaarthaigal - Pick of the album. Very good. Dont know why Udit is singing (killing) this song. He should be used only for fast peppy song and for soft melody. KR has a lesson to learn. Ganga (new singer) voice melt you. Needless to say

on a whole average album. nothing to cherish or dump.

interz
21st February 2006, 02:39 AM
A decent work done by karthickraja, , my pick is "malarvai" though it reminds of "kaatru enbatha" from perlaghan.

MumbaiRamki
21st February 2006, 11:09 AM
The thing with the album is that KR comes after 8 months and gives an average album when expectations from his fans ( though few)are very high .

I did like the Gunaal song(muhurta Neram) and the hariharan melody (solla) very much-something new ,the rthym especially .They are quite different.
But the varuvai song rythm - u too karthick raaaja???

Dappanguthu song is passable and the jeladeepam is different ,needs mor elistening.

Karthik raaja - I like him for being different from the crowd -Asong like Krishna Krishna where he cld have used typical rythms all over ,he choose to do a bit different .

But this album did disappointment me a bit - Let s wauit for manodhodu mazhaikaalam

NormalMan
24th February 2006, 08:59 PM
Definitely far better than any album relased thus far in 2006. I tried hearing it in my new acoustic noise cancellation headphones and man it was amazing to hear some of the sounds he has tried. Sure to be a moderate hit ....

Sanjeevi
24th February 2006, 11:25 PM
Yes KR always gives something special

jegansavannah
25th February 2006, 12:42 AM
NormalMan
Junior Hubber

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:29 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely far better than any album relased thus far in 2006. I tried hearing it in my new acoustic noise cancellation headphones and man it was amazing to hear some of the sounds he has tried. Sure to be a moderate hit ....

i agree ..KR show some promise

Sanjeevi
27th February 2006, 10:29 PM
I like the songs.

Solla varthaigal rocks :D

krish244
1st March 2006, 11:52 AM
Although I would not say its great, it sure is a decent effort from KR. As MumbaiRamki says, I always like KR for being different from the crowd. In most of his songs, I liked his orchestration & usage of instruments. Like his father, I like the way he maintains the flow in many of his songs (especially melodies).

In this album I liked "Mugurtha Neram", "Solla Vaarthaigal" & "Malarvai". I liked the way trumpet kind of synth stuff (??) was played in "Mugurtha Neram" song? It sounds good. The sound somehow reminded me of the way IR used shehnai (??) kind of instrument in Devar Magan (in "Porti Paadadi penne").

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
2nd March 2006, 06:59 PM
'Solla Vaarthaigal Illai' sounds good but the song in parts seems to be inspired from 'Chadiranai thottadhu yaar' from ARR's 'Ratchagan' :roll:

njv
4th March 2006, 06:03 PM

I agree 100%. Now I am repeating 3 songs from this CD, 1 from pattiyal (IR song), 1 from PP (KH song).

vijayr
6th March 2006, 11:39 AM
KR's singing is horrendous. Why are KR/YSR singing? Someone should come up with a family ban on them, as far as singing is concerned. Another average effort. KR doesnt deserve many chances.

ezy0265
6th March 2006, 04:51 PM
vijayr,

I don't see why we have to ban IR family from Singing, when we have ARR, Baradwaj and Deva are all singing. If you don't like their voices just get the hell out and stay away from their music. Why so curiously and jealously come , listen and then try to run such comments here...its no use my friend. We love those songs..period. You go and listen to your preferred singers,,, simple isn't it?

vasanth2006
6th March 2006, 05:28 PM
i love the voices of IR,ARR and YSR.
They know the expressions and feelings well than the Normal singers.
IR is better singer of those (Chithra told in one interview that always she unable to repeat the IR expressions and raga). ARR and YSR has same type of voice.in many occasions, both of them sounds similar.

rags141
6th March 2006, 08:22 PM
looks like bala bharathy is doin re-recording for Mercury Pookal. Source: IndiaGlitz

Vysar
6th March 2006, 10:12 PM
I read somewhere that MP director Stanely literally begged KR to get the tunes. KR suddenly disappears to States or Five Star Hotels and never seemed to be in touch with reality.

njv
6th March 2006, 11:21 PM
I read somewhere that MP director Stanely literally begged KR to get the tunes. KR suddenly disappears to States or Five Star Hotels and never seemed to be in touch with reality.

I think 71/2 is going on for KR. This is not really a good news for his career. This is one of the reason why IR kept him away from his home. Only YSR and Pavatharani has IR's sincerity and KR seems to be a off the track. Hope his 71/2 goes away soon.

Scale
11th March 2006, 07:50 PM
Sounds really good at the first listening. Shall check again. :)

Music4Ever
11th March 2006, 09:57 PM
"I think 71/2 is going on for KR. This is not really a good news for his career. This is one of the reason why IR kept him away from his home. Only YSR and Pavatharani has IR's sincerity and KR seems to be a off the track. Hope his 71/2 goes away soon."

Which year was Karthik Raja born? I believe his birthday is June 29th, but which year?