PDA

View Full Version : Kurma that comes with Idiyappam

kavikuil
21st February 2006, 01:57 AM
Does anybody have the recipe for the kurma that comes with steamed Idiyappams at hotels?

Everytime I goto a restaurant in Chennai, (have had this dish in Chennai only, havent tried elsewhere, so far), I order Idiyappam. It always comes with a tasty kurma. Most of the restaraunts in chennai have this Idiyappam-kurma.

Would love to know this recipe.

Thanks!

kavikuil
22nd February 2006, 01:32 AM
Nobody knows about this recipe? :shock:

harishkumar09
23rd February 2006, 03:18 AM
Hi , yum , very tasty !!!

RedPepper
23rd February 2006, 05:09 AM
Is that a vegetable kurma? Sounds delicious. But sorry, cannot help you with the recipe.

dev
23rd February 2006, 07:30 AM
if U r looking for hotel saravana bhavan kurma, there is a recipe posted in some other thread(or there was a seperate thread for it, I guess)... please do a search if that's what U r looking for...

Sowmya
23rd February 2006, 08:23 AM
Hi Dev,kavikuil
Here is the link to the kurma recipe re posted by R for the benefit of fellow hubbers..

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=433&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Regds
Sowmya

Alan
23rd February 2006, 12:13 PM
Is Idiyappam & Noolappam the same-that threaded delicacy? I have had it with Potato Stew - It's quite DELICIOUS!

kavikuil
23rd February 2006, 11:15 PM
Oh great! I didnt know it was called 'saravanabhavan kurma'. Yes, it is vegetarian. Now that I think back, I think I had it mostly at Saravana Bhavan. but other restaurants in chennai have the same recipe for this kurma too.

Thank you! :D And thank you, for the link too! :D

Alan, I think, Noolappam is the same thing as Idiyappam. I love potato stew too, but can't have too much because of the coconut milk, in it.