PDA

View Full Version : Milk Shake recipes

vetrivendan
23rd February 2006, 05:57 PM
I am interested in getting good Malted milk shake recipes and other milk shake recipes. Can somebody post them here?

I am not sure if there is another thread for Milke shakes. So, I am opening a new one.

RedPepper
23rd February 2006, 08:26 PM
Have you tried avocado milkshake?

kavikuil
23rd February 2006, 11:27 PM
What is malted milk shake? Are you talking about Ragi-malt?

These are some milk shakes/Smoothies I make.

1. Oats milkshake - Cook oats in water for a few minutes (or microwave for 4 mins with water). Let it cool down. Add two cups of milk and sugar and blend it well in the blender. Makes one yummy milkshake.

2. Ragi - malt - My mother makes this. She mixes Ragi flour (Or her own prepn. with a variety of sprouted flours) in water and let it boil, stirring constantly so it doesn't clump. Add milk and sugar for young children; butter milk and salt for adults. Yummy!

3. Strawberry milkshake - Take 4-5 strawberries (frozen ones are okay, just thaw for sometime) and add one cup of cold milk, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp honey. Blend well to a creamy smoothie and serve right away.

Variations::
I make Milkshakes (Smoothies as they are called in US) with blueberries, strawberries, peaches, apples, banana, papaya, mango etc. or a mixture of these fruits [With just mango, We call it mango lassi!]

You can also add soy protein powder, frozen yogurt, flavored yogurt, ice cream for different tastes.

vetrivendan
24th February 2006, 12:27 AM
Thank you kavikuil....

Should I be boiling the milk, to prepare the shake?

Alan
24th February 2006, 06:16 PM
Boiled milk is safer, na? Though the shake shops take it straight out of the packet.

My favorite:
Apple Milk Shake:

Grind together 1 glass milk, 1 apple (peeled, de seeded & chopped), 3tbsp of sugar ( or to taste) & a lil crushed elachi powder!

Pour this mixture into a tall glass from a height so that its frothy.

RELISH!

RedPepper
24th February 2006, 07:16 PM
Alan, add a couple of cashew nuts(unroasted and unsalted) to your Apple shake ingredients and see the difference.

kavikuil
24th February 2006, 07:24 PM
Thank you kavikuil....

Should I be boiling the milk, to prepare the shake?

You are welcome.

I use the cold milk from the refrigerator. The milk (in US) can be directly used as it is pasteurised.

If it is for kids, you can also make nut-milk (if they aren't allergic to nuts). Soak a handful of badam in boiling hot water for 15 mins and then remove the skin. Make a fine paste using a little water. Add more milk and sugar. Serve cold. Some kids prefer if you boil this mixture a bit and let it cool down.

vetrivendan
25th February 2006, 03:28 AM
I tried the Strawberry milkshake today. It was good. Thanks KK...

Alan
25th February 2006, 07:19 AM
Alan, add a couple of cashew nuts(unroasted and unsalted) to your Apple shake ingredients and see the difference.

I'm gonna tray that, Red Pepper! :D

vetrivendan
27th February 2006, 10:43 PM
What is malted milk shake? Are you talking about Ragi-malt?

Kavikuyil, There is something called malt milk powder. You may add this powder to the milk powder to add taste....

kavikuil
28th February 2006, 12:07 AM
Kavikuyil, There is something called malt milk powder. You may add this powder to the milk powder to add taste....

Oh, I too have some of this powder, from local health food store. I use it instead of milk.

I didnt realise you were talking about malted milk powder.

I'm glad you liked the strawberry milk shake. Keep experimenting with various combinations of fruits. You'll end up with many lovely milk shakes.

Alan
2nd March 2006, 01:41 PM
Just the thing on a hot Summer's day! :D