PDA

View Full Version : I want to know!

Alan
24th February 2006, 06:23 PM
I've always wondered why foreigners wipe their bums and not wash it like us? Is there a particular reason? Is it to save water or energy or time?
I have never been abroad so I really don't know. Any idea, anyone?

dev
24th February 2006, 06:27 PM
:rotfl: @alan

great
24th February 2006, 07:28 PM
alan, guess you dont know tamil....bcoz terminator is running same kinda doubt thread :o

Alan
25th February 2006, 07:12 AM
doubt thread? I'm serious about this- not meant to offend anyone.

Shekhar
25th February 2006, 10:09 AM
What a wonderful place this hub is for enlightenment!!! :banghead:

Shakthiprabha.
25th February 2006, 01:33 PM
:roll:

I suppose in cold places, water is so chill, hence they resort to this method? :? :?

Also may be WATER saving technique. DEF NOT TO SAVE ENERGY OR time I suppose!

Alan
25th February 2006, 02:17 PM
But we Indians, wherever we live, even in cold places like HillStations etc, resort to washing- I wonder how ppl feel clean by just wiping! YUCK!

terminator
25th February 2006, 04:24 PM
Alan :rotfl:
intha hubla ye naan thaan chinnapulla thanama doubt keekirennu ninaichen.. aana neenga enakku mela...

:rotfl:

Alan
25th February 2006, 05:15 PM
What? Can you pls translate?

great
25th February 2006, 05:21 PM
it means, till now only he used to raise queries in why !!! for what etc thats the thread name .... he is saying u have followed the suit :D

Lambretta
25th February 2006, 06:38 PM
Oye Paaji! Ae kee topic hai yaar??! :shock: :?
Wat hap'd to u??!! :roll: :P :lol:

Alan
25th February 2006, 08:27 PM
What do u mean, LAmby? Shouldn't we know? You know, in case, I decide to go abroad ( not likely to happen in the near future but still) & if there's no water in the bathroom??????????

jolly joker
25th February 2006, 09:24 PM
I've always wondered why foreigners wipe their bums and not wash it like us? Is there a particular reason? Is it to save water or energy or time?
I have never been abroad so I really don't know. Any idea, anyone?
The reason why we use paper is that we don't degrade the one or the other hand.

I use tissue and not water! I find it to be the most convinient and clean and dry way. We also have/use bidets. But this facilitiy is not common to all households here in europe.

About an year ago, while I was travelling from Vavunia to Colombo (Srilanka) by bus, about 6 km away from Colombo Busstation I jumped off the moving bus with a rucksack on my back and an angling rod in the search for a toilet. There was an office building, modern architecture so I ran into that building and told the receptionist about my urgent need and asked for a toilet on humanitrian grounds. At this place I saw a "shower" and asked myself "if this is meant to clean the brown stuff how do they do it without flooding the floor? When I came back to the receptionist I even got a cup of coffee. After that she called me a trishaw. Since then I never travelled by bus. I used trishaw only. Because you can stop anywhere, anytime and for any reason.

An average toilet roll (about 200 papers) cost about 0.25 euro. I donm't think that water is cheaper because we not only pay the fresh water but also the waste water.

Anyway, it is very convinient to use toilet roll rather than water. We take a shower every day and we are fully naked. Unlike in Srilanka or India where you bath with your clothes.

Lambretta
25th February 2006, 10:05 PM
What do u mean, LAmby? Shouldn't we know? You know, in case, I decide to go abroad ( not likely to happen in the near future but still) & if there's no water in the bathroom??????????
Ohh......ok, so tats y ur curious to know! :)
Well, personally I don't think u'll find situation w/ no water in bathrooms abroad (unless maybe sum poorer African countries or maybe Iraq!) :?

Lambretta
25th February 2006, 10:07 PM
Unlike in Srilanka or India where you bath with your clothes.
Says who??!! :?
Tats only done when going for a dip to the Ganga afa I'm aware!

malsi
25th February 2006, 11:42 PM
lambretta..why mention Iraq??!!!

rachel
26th February 2006, 06:08 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lambretta
26th February 2006, 11:18 AM
lambretta..why mention Iraq??!!!
Um......y not?? Neenga yean athu patthi tension agarenguh? :huh: :D
Hey, I jus felt since its not really in a state of development in its current situation.....also added to the fact tat its an oil-producing desert country wher getting petrol is cheaper than water! So sumtimes ther may be scarcity of water & u hav to queue up to buy it! I rem. it was the same situation often, when we lived in Libya in 1997.....

Rachel- nice to c u drop in this area of the Hub! :)
*DIG* Btw, ment to ask u, is ur avtaar pic. from the telugu film "Nuvvostanante nenoddantana"?

rachel
27th February 2006, 05:57 AM
hi..mr.scooter i'm not so sure. :? .i got it from galatta.

pooja.shankar
5th March 2006, 01:44 PM
once my guest (tamil iyer only ..... ) asked us for toilet paper during a party ... and we didnt have any .. .... my mom gave her a roll of Kitchen paper towels (similar to toilet paper but larger in size ... )..

anyway she was nice enuf not to be too loud about the fact that we did not have toilet paper ....

but my mom went like ..

why is she doing all this alaparam ? ....
enamo ..clinton vettla porantha mathiri

Shakthiprabha.
5th March 2006, 03:16 PM
:)