PDA

View Full Version : A Question to the Men here.

Alan
2nd March 2006, 10:36 AM
Do too beautiful & stylish women put you off? Or am I the only retarded nut here who thinks that way?

What I mean is: I know this pretty girl who happens to be a family friend'sdaughter ( I was supposed to marry her, according to both our parents but somehow I had always liked my childhood sweetheart who also happens to be my cousin)

This girl is pretty enough(sweet face but has an overweight problem) but I feel she dresses to kill , just to show off- I mean too stylish- I feel a little repulsive even if her intentions may be to attract!

pooja.shankar
2nd March 2006, 11:27 AM
u mean alan ....do women dress stylishly to put u ON?

well most teens dress so that they'll put ON..someone ..

not me ..though .....coz ..i am a very 'ordinarily'dressed person ...

and my attempts to look stunning always end in futility ....

i am no good at stylish dressing ! ...

i am always out with a pain of jeans and a simple shirt or kurta ....thats all ...

gaddeswarup
2nd March 2006, 01:17 PM
This is not an answer to the main question but I think that some caution may be needed when marrying persons known from childhood. There is a theory with some evidence that marriages between persons who know each other well before the age of three (for either) may have problems. Some of the evidence comes from arranged marriages in China where some of the girls grew up with the husbands' families more or less fro birth. This is discussed in " Nature via nurture" by Matt Ridley (pages 171-174).

Alan
2nd March 2006, 01:38 PM
Ok gaddeswarup, we'll put aside the Chinese stuff, firmly behind us- In my case it is not applicable b'coz we made the decision to get married much later, like I was in my 5th sem Engg & she was in the 12th or so- earlier we had seen & known each other & liked each other but not too deep-u know. yeah,,,,,,,,,,so...

Shakthiprabha.
2nd March 2006, 05:58 PM
(I am not a man...... can I answer ? :D )

There can be diff reasons....

I suppose she puts u off cause u are intersted in a diff woman! :roll: :?

I suppose stylish woman PUT normal dressed men OFF, because of the fear that, THEY LACK to look on par with them :oops:

I suppose INTENTION of attracting others (any men in cocern) is NOT WELCOME, a NO-NO-TABOO for men, esp indian men?! :? :roll:

I mean.. just my point of view.

Think bout it. :)

Also our age old concepts which says........

"aisi bahu ghar ki layak nahi"...... kinda opinions???????

selvakumar
2nd March 2006, 06:32 PM
Alan,

My case is different. In our office, One aunty is here. Everyday she comes in a dress which is :banghead:.. She definitly takes everyone's attention away. :hammer: She dresses to kill everyone. The fact is, she is not too ugly/ too beautiful. She reveals what she should not reveal.

I am not sure when we(people in our office) are going to get freedom from this mindless show conducted by her everyday.. :banghead: :hammer:

Lambretta
2nd March 2006, 07:08 PM
Alan,
IMO the definition of "too beautiful" or "too stylish" varies from man to man.....however if by "dresses to kill" or "show" off, u mean wat I wud mean (& u'd already know wat I mean! :wink:) then ur defintely not the only 'nut' to feel put off! So cheer up! :D
And I think its better to be such a 'nut' (for the dignity of both, the man as well as the woman in qsn.!) than be a fool to fall for women of such type! :wink: :lol:

My case is different. In our office, One aunty is here. Everyday she comes in a dress which is.. She definitly takes everyone's attention away. She dresses to kill everyone. The fact is, she is not too ugly/ too beautiful. She reveals what she should not reveal. I am not sure when we(people in our office) are going to get freedom from this mindless show conducted by her everyday..
Hmm.....Selva, one qsn.- from ur description, do u (& the rest of ur office gumbal) wish for freedom from this 'mindless' show bcos u find this 'lady' not looking decent (esp. for her 'aunty' status!) or bcos she is not too beautiful (in wich case it'd been msotly seen as a waste to 'dress to kill' too! :lol:)......hey, jus kidding macha! No offence!
Well, I face a similar situation too but after imagining ur plight I guess I might reconsider, maybe I'm being too fussy! :P
I just started attending my training for general insurance y'day.......& so happens I (& another guy) sit in the 2nd bench & 2 ladies sit in the 1st, jus b4 me......one of them seems a middle-class type 'Aunty', not too ugly/too beautiful, just like in ur situation, Selva.
& she doesn't really "dress to kill".......except tat she wears blouses tat r low-cut at the back....yea I know its common trend nowadays! but on the 1st day (y'day) I felt very uncomfy/embarassed sitting rite behind her, esp. when I hav to look up front at the board most of the time.....! :oops: :banghead:
Now I felt really put off at this & even felt an urge to avoid her all of y'day until we all began to talk more w/ each other today & she turns out to be quite a simple, nice person.....! :)
On 2nd thot, I feel it wud've maybe been more um- appropriate if such low cut styles wernt worn atleast in formal atmospheres like offices etc. & cud maybe restricted to parties/outings.....! :)
But again, strangely its usually the Saree blouses tat currently seem to be stitched in tat fashion, not Salwar Kameez/Kurtas! :?

selvakumar
2nd March 2006, 07:24 PM
Hmm.....Selva, one qsn.- from ur description, do u (& the rest of ur office gumbal) wish for freedom from this 'mindless' show bcos u find this 'lady' not looking decent (esp. for her 'aunty' status!) or bcos she is not too beautiful (in wich case it'd been msotly seen as a waste to 'dress to kill' too! :lol:)......hey, jus kidding macha! No offence!

:lol: Machan.. :rotfl: You read my mind ! With cute teenage girls(who are really stylish and beautiful in the dress they wear and who wear a dress that suit them most) it is not a problem. The lady under consideration is quite a corporate one and she flatters herself too much. :roll: In your situation, it was a low-cut blouse. But she is coming in dresses which I feel emby to explain. Dresses that will reveal ur indecent / improper assets. :banghead: :hammer: Even if she is beautiful, I will feel the same. People esp aunties should be careful while choosing their dresses.

P.S:

Machan, Generally men are often put off by ladies who dress to kill. I experienced this one in a Restaurant here. I was sitting with a couple along with my friend. She was wearing .. oh.. couldn't explain here :hammer: I saw her T-Shirt only :banghead: till the lunch. But when she was about to leave, she stood from the table and oh.. GOD.. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: she was wearing a ULTRA - MINI SKIRT. someone called her.. and there I saw her son.. Wonder !! how I might have felt at that time

Lambretta
2nd March 2006, 07:47 PM
Even if she is beautiful, I will feel the same. People esp aunties should be careful while choosing their dresses.
Exactly! Who the h said tat being beautiful means u hav to show ur body off to every T D & H??! :roll: :huh:
Tat too knowing tat ur physical beauty is not goin2 last too long neways......so y put on such a show for sumthing 'temporary'??!

Machan, Generally men are often put off by ladies who dress to kill
And on top of it call themselves 'modern' jus bcos of looking like tat (wat abt ur education, attitude, character etc.??!! :huh: :banghead:), calling guys who disagree as conservative hags! :evil:
'wonder wat they've got in their heads?! :roll:

selvakumar
2nd March 2006, 07:55 PM
Lambretta,

There are few exceptions too. Right after that Restaurant incident, I met a client. She was also wearning the same one. But she is from Finland. She never put me off during the whoe conversation. IMHO foreigners know what they are supposed to do. Only our people under the name of "MODERNISATION" are spoiling the very basic things. One thing with my client is - She was ultra cautious in her approach. She was cautious in not making herself a reason for the detraction. But the very next day, I saw the same office aunty in the very same dress(that of my client) :banghead:

It was like seeing a :banghead: after having seen a 8-)

Lambretta
2nd March 2006, 08:26 PM
But she is from Finland. She never put me off during the whoe conversation. IMHO foreigners know what they are supposed to do. Only our people under the name of "MODERNISATION" are spoiling the very basic things.
Exactly! We cud always understand tat foreigners dress the way they do bcos in most cases they jus happen to......unlike our own ppl. who do the same obv. bcos they want to! Even foreigners, if told tat it is not welcome in so-and-so country, usually 'correct' ther attire at once, acccepting it as a 'mistake'!
For eg. I saw a western couple here y'day.....they seem to be living here. & the lady was wearing a Salwar Kameez! Even the guy was 'fully' clad despite the hot/sultry climate here......
Ana idho irukangle namma janagal! :roll: :evil:
We preach abt 'decency' to the rest of the world while among us ther r those who openly go against nowadyas, being a poor excuse for modernism!

Shakthiprabha.
2nd March 2006, 11:02 PM
:roll: :| :huh: :evil: :mad: :?:

Lambretta
2nd March 2006, 11:05 PM
:roll: :| :huh: :evil: :mad: :?:
SP,
Is this @ me? Naan ippo thappa enna sonnen? :roll: :| :huh: :? :?:

Badri
3rd March 2006, 05:15 AM
Hmm, this is quite an interesting discussion. Here in Australia, that too in summer, people are as less clad as possible. Men were these reall short shorts that they are just a longer type of underwear!!!

And women - they could have come out of lingerie ads. But as far as decency goes, it is indecent to ogle! Couples kiss and fondle each other in buses, trams and trains. The social expectation here is "If you had any decency in you, you would not watch."

I don't agree or accept all of this, but what I am trying to say I guess is that you don't have to look at a woman's cleavage just bcos she is wearing a low-cut top. You have all the freedom in the world to look at her face. If your eyes are straying to her cleavage, then the problem lies not in her dress, but in your own mind and eyes.

That is where Indians are too much prudish! They don't excuse their own ogling, and instead blame the other for wearing revealing clothes.

Let me clearly state though that I myself belong to the older generation mindset. I am not too much in favor of revealing clothes, but at least, living in Australia has given me the maturity and broadmindedness to define my own decency, rather than depend on another person to give me the definition of it!

rajraj
3rd March 2006, 05:28 AM
I am not too much in favor of revealing clothes, but at least, living in Australia has given me the maturity and broadmindedness to define my own decency, rather than depend on another person to give me the definition of it!

Badri: Was tha definition by you or your wife? :lol:

Badri
3rd March 2006, 05:42 AM
Badri: Was tha definition by you or your wife? :lol:

Raj: :evil:

Anyways, I defined it already when living in the US, all by myself, with no wife by my side to define it for me!!! :)

NM
3rd March 2006, 06:13 AM
badri :
romba pull arikkithu-pa! :D

a.ratchasi
3rd March 2006, 06:54 AM
I don't agree or accept all of this, but what I am trying to say I guess is that you don't have to look at a woman's cleavage just bcos she is wearing a low-cut top. You have all the freedom in the world to look at her face. If your eyes are straying to her cleavage, then the problem lies not in her dress, but in your own mind and eyes.

Let me clearly state though that I myself belong to the older generation mindset. I am not too much in favor of revealing clothes, but at least, living in Australia has given me the maturity and broadmindedness to define my own decency, rather than depend on another person to give me the definition of it!

That's my buddy!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

pavalamani pragasam
3rd March 2006, 08:40 AM
badri, I immediately recalled your discourse on Lakshmana!

Badri
3rd March 2006, 08:54 AM
badri, I immediately recalled your discourse on Lakshmana!

Wow, so you still remember that one, Mrs PP!! :)

pavalamani pragasam
3rd March 2006, 08:57 AM
I make my own assessments of people! :wink:

NM
3rd March 2006, 09:31 AM
Badri...jokes aside, I applaud you :clap:

Alan
3rd March 2006, 09:31 AM
Oooops ppl got me wrong? I didn't mean she reveals- but I feel she dresses to attract- which she nver did before- All the time I've known this girl, she used to be very simple but after my marriage was fixed, she started putting make up, stone jewellery to match her trendy salwaars etc- all too sudden, as if to change my mind?

She did have an infatuation on me, so that's what makes me skeptical of her true intentions.....lol!

Alan
3rd March 2006, 09:44 AM
Alan,

My case is different. In our office, One aunty is here. Everyday she comes in a dress which is :banghead:.. She definitly takes everyone's attention away. :hammer: She dresses to kill everyone. The fact is, she is not too ugly/ too beautiful. She reveals what she should not reveal.

I am not sure when we(people in our office) are going to get freedom from this mindless show conducted by her everyday.. :banghead: :hammer:

OMG! THat's soooooooo vulgar- why doesn't she realise it? Mindless $@@@!&&^^!!!

Is she an Anglo Indian or Goan?

There should be a Proper Dress Code in every Office Memorandum to prevent women from slutting around half-clad!!!!!!!! :banghead:

selvakumar
3rd March 2006, 10:41 AM
Oooops ppl got me wrong? I didn't mean she reveals- but I feel she dresses to attract- which she nver did before- All the time I've known this girl, she used to be very simple but after my marriage was fixed, she started putting make up, stone jewellery to match her trendy salwaars etc- all too sudden, as if to change my mind?

She did have an infatuation on me, so that's what makes me skeptical of her true intentions.....lol!

Well.. I don't think people who dress like this can attract men. IMHO I have seen lot of people(I have given some example above). Instead of some attraction, we might feel irritated / rate her below one level. Love never blossoms from skin.. but from heart. She might have seen some crap Telugu movie.. I have seen lot of this stuff in Telugu movies. Give her a good DVD that will explain her on how best she can attract a men(need not be U!).

selvakumar
3rd March 2006, 10:45 AM

There should be a Proper Dress Code in every Office Memorandum to prevent women from slutting around half-clad!!!!!!!! :banghead:

To ur information, it is not Half-clad.. which we can tolerate. It is Quarter-clad :banghead: :hammer:

OUr company has clearly defined the Proper Dress code. People can were Jeans/T-shirs / Salwar etc. She is also coming in T-shits. But I hav never seen either a HAND or neckline in it. The colour will even beat the Fluorescent light effect in its transparency. :banghead: :hammer:

pooja.shankar
3rd March 2006, 11:52 AM
I make my own assessments of people! :wink: yaya ... PP .. ... that is a well known irritating fact ..

pooja.shankar
3rd March 2006, 12:10 PM
Hmm, this is quite an interesting discussion. Here in Australia, that too in summer, people are as less clad as possible. Men were these reall short shorts that they are just a longer type of underwear!!!

And women - they could have come out of lingerie ads. But as far as decency goes, it is indecent to ogle! Couples kiss and fondle each other in buses, trams and trains. The social expectation here is "If you had any decency in you, you would not watch."

That is where Indians are too much prudish! They don't excuse their own ogling, and instead blame the other for wearing revealing clothes.

Let me clearly state though that I myself belong to the older generation mindset. I am not too much in favor of revealing clothes, but at least, living in Australia has given me the maturity and broadmindedness to define my own decency, rather than depend on another person to give me the definition of it!same is the case here too ...not only in aus

Shekhar
3rd March 2006, 01:15 PM
Come on badri.. I am also 'broadmided'...
My mind is so broad that it includes revealing dresses and cleavage with wholeheartedness :D :D
Believe me, it is the cleavage that keeps men fit in this world!! :lol: :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
3rd March 2006, 01:20 PM
Shekhar! Incorrigible! :lol:

scorpio
3rd March 2006, 01:30 PM
My mind is so broad that it includes revealing dresses and cleavage with wholeheartedness :D :D

Shall we open a thread for non-adoloscent confessions? :roll: :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
3rd March 2006, 01:32 PM
Three Ring Circus will be a grand success!

pooja.shankar
3rd March 2006, 01:34 PM
Shekhar! Incorrigible! :lol:as badri mentioned ...if u r decent , u wunt look....
u see. ..we can't change the world ....
not the youth in the least ........ two thirds of indias population is under 23 years of age ..

many people dress in a way ..that is really provocative ...but as long as they dun't care how they present themselves to others. ...y shud we ...

pooja.shankar
3rd March 2006, 01:38 PM

Shall we open a thread for non-adoloscent confessions? :roll: :lol: yeah adult - confessions ... it iwll be really interesting ....
if u ll start confessing ur teen-age actions and u r present life secret ...
whoa ...

that will be cool ! ...

Where is PP...she' ll be ready with her unsought comments !

selvakumar
3rd March 2006, 01:58 PM
Badri and all !!

Badri,
Do u want me to concentrate on her face alone while the whole world watches everything except her face? :roll:

I beg to differ with u. We are not living in US. " Do in Rome as Romans do" This will suit you coz u live in a Country like Australia. But We are in India dude. :lol2:

Here everything that u do counts really. If someone runs naked in the streets of Australia tomorrow, will expect every Australian to look at his/her face rather than other things. :banghead: Imagine the similar situation in India :rotfl:

i.e., if something abnormal happens in ur dressing sense, then the whole world will notice the difference rather than the similarity :lol: Be it Men or Women.

I have already explained my experience with my FINLAND CLIENT. Her dressing style was quite normal for her.(considering her place !) But I leave this one for your imagination. If the same girl exposes her with killing dress, what should I do? should I have to pretend as if I am concentrating on her face alone.. Hilarious indeed :rotfl:

P.S: Everyone is not a Vivekanada / extra-ordinary people. 99% of us are ordinary human beings.. (this will apply very well to the Indian trend)

Last and Not the least:

You are telling that Indians are ogling too much. Do u think that everyone in our office is seeing that mindless show with sexual interest? :rotfl: :banghead: :hammer:

selvakumar
3rd March 2006, 02:17 PM
Shekhar! Incorrigible! :lol:as badri mentioned ...if u r decent , u wunt look....
not the youth in the least ........ two thirds of indias population is under 23 years of age ..

many people dress in a way ..that is really provocative ...but as long as they dun't care how they present themselves to others. ...y shud we ...

What's that ! :rotfl: :lol2: I don't care about it.. :rotfl: But many times she is caring about how to improve herself in wearing much more killing dresses. :rotfl:

pooja.shankar
3rd March 2006, 02:43 PM

What's that ! :rotfl: :lol2: I don't care about it.. :rotfl: But many times she is caring about how to improve herself in wearing much more killing dresses. :rotfl:

whu is she ..that patti in ur office ...
how do U know what she cares about ?

whats ur problem what ever she wears ..u dunt look with negative outlook ..thats all ...

i am appreciative ... :D when ...women are so bold .... :D

whats ur problem .. close ur eyes and think of ur dream girl ..

selvakumar
3rd March 2006, 02:56 PM
whu is she ..that patti in ur office ...
how do U know what she cares about ?
whats ur problem what ever she wears ..u dunt look with negative outlook ..thats all ...
i am appreciative ... when ...women are so bold ....
whats ur problem .. close ur eyes and think of ur dream girl ..

:rotfl: I don't have any problem Pooja. Only that aunty has some problem in her brain. I am not sure whether she has given the same to u. :roll: Just kidding

Pooja,
You want me to close my eyes. Do u think that Women can show their boldness by wearing provocative, idiotic dresses. :rotfl: There are lot of good ways to prove their BOLDNESS. I can give lot of examples.

Sorry Pooja. No one will dream about their girl when they see an ugly, idiotic, mindless show conducted by someone. IF I think about my dream girl after watching her :rotfl: GOD only will be able to save me from disaster :lol2:

How can u expect others to close their eyes tolerating such killing shows. :banghead: :hammer:

Will you think about your dream boy after having seen such a man. Now, I have a doubt whether you will do that or not. I am afraid as if u have already done that. :lol2:

Shakthiprabha.
3rd March 2006, 05:42 PM

Shall we open a thread for non-adoloscent confessions? :roll: :lol:

Many are weak hearted. Risk at ur disposal :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
3rd March 2006, 06:23 PM
I don't agree or accept all of this, but what I am trying to say I guess is that you don't have to look at a woman's cleavage just bcos she is wearing a low-cut top. You have all the freedom in the world to look at her face. If your eyes are straying to her cleavage, then the problem lies not in her dress, but in your own mind and eyes[/b].

Let me clearly state though that I myself belong to the older generation mindset. I am not too much in favor of revealing clothes, but at least, living in Australia has given me the maturity and broadmindedness to define my own decency, rather than depend on another person to give me the definition of it

Good post badri.

I Could not have said it better!

For those of you who think, 'U LOOK AT AUNTIES JUST BECAUSE they dress to reveal...... (PUT THE BLAME ON AUNTIES EH?)

I should say here, even a normal salvar clad women ARE STARED AT/ sighted/ by 17 year olds.

Infact we feel so tempted to GO NEAR THE YOUNG LAD AND SAY........ "HELLO KIDDO I AM DOUBLE UR AGE, STOP STARING PLEASE!!!"

So its not just AUNTIES cause probs to kids. KIDS cause probs to AUNTIES TOO. (Even when dressed decent enough!)

The root cause is NOT IN THE DRESS. Its in the mind set. :roll:

Alan
3rd March 2006, 08:10 PM

To ur information, it is not Half-clad.. which we can tolerate. It is Quarter-clad :banghead: :hammer:

OUr company has clearly defined the Proper Dress code. People can were Jeans/T-shirs / Salwar etc. She is also coming in T-shits. But I hav never seen either a HAND or neckline in it. The colour will even beat the Fluorescent light effect in its transparency. :banghead: :hammer:

Quarter clad Auntie? What can be more disgusting & repulsive-

ok, let me ask you one Q, is she married/divorced/widowed?

Divorced women may have their mind set to attract others esp as a kind of vengeance- u know and to show the others they are still single & ready to mingle.

Also, I've seen 2 very ugly girls(yes, sooooooooo ugly that you'll stare at their ugliness!!!!!!!!!!!) one in College & one in School ( yes Plus 2) Both had GORGEOUS figures & were well- bestowed-u know what I mean) The common thing about them was that they always wore very revealing clothes, showing their cleavage- and there were men oooooogling at them.

I never looked in their direction because for me an ugly face is a major turn off, whatever they are willing to show.
:lol:

In Sanskrit there's a proverb, "Modesty is the ornament of a woman"- I'm a staunch believer of this- I chose my fiance because she's a very simple person, very modest & some one who does not even know her beauty- She infact resembles famous South Indian dancer/actress, Lakshmi Gopalaswami, but she does not even wear kajal or face powder- and wears very simple , cotton/handloom salwaars with the dupaata worn across her chest , in a very modest way, not thru her neck, as women seems to wear these days.. Am I not lucky to get someone like her?

Lambretta
3rd March 2006, 08:23 PM
" Do in Rome as Romans do" This will suit you coz u live in a Country like Australia. But We are in India dude. :lol2:
Here everything that u do counts really. If someone runs naked in the streets of Australia tomorrow, will expect every Australian to look at his/her face rather than other things. :banghead: Imagine the similar situation in India :rotfl:
:lol: :lol:

Pooja,
You want me to close my eyes. Do u think that Women can show their boldness by wearing provocative, idiotic dresses......There are lot of good ways to prove their BOLDNESS. I can give lot of examples.
Exactly, machi! Well said! :clap: :D
Yes Badri/Pooja, w/ due respect to u guys, I for one find it very common nowadays for Indians settled in 'developed' countries to begin to follow the line of thinking ther (in jus abt everything!) & at once turn around towards India, criticising every aspect of our own thinking/attitude, deeming it quickly as narrow-minded/provincial/prudish etc.....! :D
Sorry to say this but I cud think nothing of this more than the slavish tendancy tat Indians in gen. r known to hav towards Western cultures (whether they relaise/accept this or not its very evident!)
Of course I know not ALL Indians settled abroad r like this but of late this attitude has become very common among our ppl. even to those living 'locally'.....and to a too great extent!
Y is it tat we can't help starting to think tat watever the West consider as good or bad we MUST take a cue from them otherwise we r ppl. w/ 'low' or 'backward' mentalities?! :huh: :roll:
As long as we Indians don't give up this tendancy to enslave our mindsets w/ western (or ne other culture if it be) thots & look down upon our own, we will never develop as a nation/society!
Let's face it- it is IMPOSSIBLE for us to even THINK of becoming like sum other culture/society in our mindsets on the basis tat ther culture is oh-so-much better, yea they r totally right in ther attitude, look at us, we r so screwed up....etc.! :lol:
Watever neone say/do, it is impossible tat we can twist/torture/mould ourselves into the mindset of sum other nation/culture! Who r WE to provide a 'guarantee' tat wat may be good for them wud turn out to be good for us too if we started thinkin like them?? :D

P.S: Everyone is not a Vivekanada / extra-ordinary people. 99% of us are ordinary human beings.. (this will apply very well to the Indian trend)
Last and Not the least:
You are telling that Indians are ogling too much. Do u think that everyone in our office is seeing that mindless show with sexual interest?
Exactly! Niether of us certainly talked abt ogling at such women (wich wud be wrong I agree, even in such a situation!) & besides if tats wat we ment to do, y wud we be ranting abt it all over here?! We wud rather be silently enjoying such a scene regularly! :P :lol:

Lambretta
3rd March 2006, 08:35 PM
For those of you who think, 'U LOOK AT AUNTIES JUST BECAUSE they dress to reveal...... (PUT THE BLAME ON AUNTIES EH?)
SP, did u feel insulted at this bcos u felt urself placed in the Auntie category??! :lol:
No offence, kiddng! :D :oops:

I should say here, even a normal salvar clad women ARE STARED AT/ sighted/ by 17 year olds.
Infact we feel so tempted to GO NEAR THE YOUNG LAD AND SAY........ "HELLO KIDDO I AM DOUBLE UR AGE, STOP STARING PLEASE!!!"
So its not just AUNTIES cause probs to kids. KIDS cause probs to AUNTIES TOO. (Even when dressed decent enough!)
The root cause is NOT IN THE DRESS. Its in the mind set. :roll:
Aama SP, ur RIGHT tat even women clad DECENTLY r subject to unwanted looks/attention/comments from youth, wich I certainly think is despicable! :x :evil:
But for TAT reason, do u support those who say "Hey I'll wear/not wear wat I want, its not my fault if u tend to stare"?? :huh:
This is yet another deviation towards the old 'eye-for-an-eye' philosophy tat will get no-one newhere!
I'm not saying yea let us guys ogle at ne skimpily clad females out ther cos they 'asked for it'! As I said, had tat been my attitude, I'd hav been saying sumthing opposite of all this! :)
But at the same, HOW cud u expect sumone NOT to notice sumthing much too obvious as tat as long as they can see w/ eyes? Its not jus in this case, even in general, wen u c ne person, even a man suppose, wudn't ur eyes take into the pic. wat he is wearing, or wat colour/s his dress is, wat condition it is.........so even this wud be an included factor tat cudn't be avoided noticing! :)

Lambretta
3rd March 2006, 08:38 PM
I chose my fiance because she's a very simple person, very modest & some one who does not even know her beauty- She infact resembles famous South Indian dancer/actress, Lakshmi Gopalaswami, but she does not even wear kajal or face powder- and wears very simple, cotton/handloom salwaars with the dupaata worn across her chest , in a very modest way, not thru her neck, as women seems to wear these days.. Am I not lucky to get someone like her?
Yup I'll say u sure r paaji! Again, Wish u a Happy Married Life! Btw ur marriage is next month rite? :D

kb
4th March 2006, 11:32 AM
:shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

paapa padum paatu ketu thalaya aatu..
naan intha threaduku rendu varsham kaluchi varen :cry:

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 12:36 PM
kb,

ur post is the best here :wink:

lambretta,

/////SP, did u feel insulted at this bcos u felt urself placed in the Auntie category??!
No offence, kiddng! ///////

:hammer: Ofcousse I felt offended. All 20 year olds talkin bout 30 year old women.......... is not very right :sad: :sad:

//////But at the same, HOW cud u expect sumone NOT to notice sumthing much too obvious as tat as long as they can see w/ eyes? Its not jus in this case, even in general, wen u c ne person, even a man suppose, wudn't ur eyes take into the pic. wat he is wearing, or wat colour/s his dress is, wat condition it is.........so even this wud be an included factor tat cudn't be avoided noticing! ///////////

To be frank lambretta, I feel, women DONT NOTICE men to the extent men notice women.

Alan
4th March 2006, 12:37 PM
Can someone explain/translate that?
Pls, someone come forward.

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 01:14 PM
/////////////paapa padum paatu ketu thalaya aatu..
naan intha threaduku rendu varsham kaluchi varen/////////

First line IS A SONG.......

it says something akin to

"Nod ur head and listen to the song sung by a kid"

Second line is his post to all hubbers

informing......

"its been 2 years since he visited this section"

Alan
4th March 2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks a lot Shakthi mam for the translation but is this 2 line poetry suitable/releavant in this thread? LOL!

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 01:52 PM
not 2 line poetry.

1 line poetry
and
1 line post

The hubber probably tries to convey HE IS STILL A NAIVE KID....... WHO DOES NOT know how to answer the question. yeah i guess its relevant. :D

kb,

just kidding :P kochukatheenga - dont get angry (translated for the benefit of alan) :)

Alan
4th March 2006, 02:26 PM
Oh I see, lol!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Naive kids, please keep away from this thread- you may get spoilt! :D

kb
5th March 2006, 03:51 AM
Sp akka just miss.. what i mentioned was...
"rendu varusham kaluchi intha threaduku varen"

i will come to this thread after two years..

though ur translation was correct.. what i meant was the other way round..
:D

i should have added bye bye.. i missed it :lol: :lol:

Querida
5th March 2006, 07:35 AM
Hey Alan,

Respect your views of course but see bias, how can you rudely ask:

That's not fair... :x

besides Alan I think it's easy for you to scoff/ridicule with your dream girl waiting no? :D

I also know here yeah there's so many girls who seem/look nice yet they go to the trouble of dressing nasty...but as SP maam said I think guys stare anyways...well these gurls/aunties must be very happy they have so many posts dedicated to their memorable impressions :lol:

Alan
5th March 2006, 08:44 AM
Well, Querida, I didn't mean to offend - here in Delhi , lots of teenagers & youths walk around in miniwear but if an 'auntie' is doing it, the chances are 9 out of 10 that she is Goan or Anglo- because other 'aunties' may stick to just sleeveless salwaars not anything this vulgar- delhi is a culture pot, moreover being an Army Officer's son, I've seen places and a great variety of people, across the country- so I wasn't scoffing.

Querida
5th March 2006, 09:12 AM
Ok Alan, was just kinda shocked that you were quick to stereotype, thanks for the explanation.

Lambretta
5th March 2006, 10:58 AM
:hammer: Ofcousse I felt offended. All 20 year olds talkin bout 30 year old women.......... is not very right :sad: :sad:
Yes, agreed tat is...but u didnt seem to've got my comment....?
I mean, is this :hammer: aimed @ me? :?

To be frank lambretta, I feel, women DONT NOTICE men to the extent men notice women.
Antha 'notice' vere! :wink: :D
I was saying notice in the sence wat ur eyes take in randomly wen u see w/ them......donno exact terminology but its like range/field of vision.....

1&only
5th March 2006, 09:45 PM
Every generation blame on them before!

Not true!

Sinthiya
5th March 2006, 10:47 PM
I don't agree or accept all of this, but what I am trying to say I guess is that you don't have to look at a woman's cleavage just bcos she is wearing a low-cut top. You have all the freedom in the world to look at her face. If your eyes are straying to her cleavage, then the problem lies not in her dress, but in your own mind and eyes
well said...:)

Sinthiya
5th March 2006, 11:02 PM
sort of a digression....well...i have a story where even if you dress appropriately, you still find men looking at you in the wrong places... :? .... :oops:

where i work, professional dress code is a must...

and one of my co-workers has this habit of always looking at womens' stomach.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: .... :twisted: ...i hate it and he just doesn't stop....it's so uncomfortable, and i'm always carrying something in my hand to cover my self....

:roll: ....even if you are dressed appropriately, you can't help it... :(

pooja.shankar
6th March 2006, 12:00 AM
lambretta said

Exactly, machi! Well said! Clap Very Happy
Yes Badri/Pooja, w/ due respect to u guys, I for one find it very common nowadays for Indians settled in 'developed' countries to begin to follow the line of thinking ther (in jus abt everything!) & at once turn around towards India, criticising every aspect of our own thinking/attitude, deeming it quickly as narrow-minded/provincial/prudish etc.....! Very Happy

well ... i agree ... lamby ..most of them are like that .....

but it all depends on the parents

my parents are more strict than the ones in the gramams in india ..

i think much differently than my peers ..which makes me stand out .. (oddball ) but nevertheless i hold the principle of
'its my life ,my mess, my business"
i rule my life ...

u know..... my parents are TOOO conservative ..i am not exaggerating ..

( u won't believe it .... my parents oppose to :
READING !!!!! if they see me wid the TV... chalta hai ..with a book ...they'll say ... no seriousness ... .

oppse to : net ...(they have reasons ... but that doesnt mean i shud be barred from it ? ... they can impose rules but not leave me in hopeless situation ? )

oppose to talking on the phone .. : ("well ...dunt keep the lines busy"or something like " u keep chatting .... not a good thing .. " ) .... comeon ...when my friends call ...what do i say .. my mother doesnt want me to talk to u ? ?? ......

if i am socially inactive ...it is them again ... no partiesallowed (or maybe after i BEG ,implore and all it may happen ..) ..but when they come to know ...someone else went for something ..they'll go like ...oh y wernt u there ..u r always stuck at home ..u shud exprience the real world !!!!

and there are other things ..
lamby ..u have no clue what i go thru ..okay

i have no release ..for all this ..
besides ..
lamby ..by nature ... i am a very sensitive person ...but the way i appear to others is that i am girl who wants to take my weight on my shoulders .... besides i am not a girl who'll run into wrong things ...... never... i oppose to it myself ...

(see how do u define .....wrong ?? .....what is wrong in india is rite else wer ....... it is our custom, faith , tradition .... that defines it .. and my family says no to love affairs , drink , sheesha , smoke .... and all .... then ..it is all in the wrong category for me ... )

because of some very personal reasons.... i even oppose to marriage and all that ..... i think i ll work and live my life ..
the very word 'family' doesn't bring any pleasant memories ....

But at the end of the day ..i love my parents ...

i know my dad is like this coz ... he grew up in a board school and has never seen a family ...

i know hes always been a nerd and never playyed and thats why .we dunt watch cricket ..and or anything

because i was not allowed to watch Tv from 1st STD.. i have no taste for it .... which helps me today ..during the board exams ..when everyone else is fighting the urge ...to get to the TV box ..

Because my parents were shelving me so much ..i remained a sensitive creature .... and i cry for everything

i know at the end of the day ....

i owe a lot to them

no other kid has so much facilities than i do .in my family

.yet they out do me in performance ..
despite my my failures .(they have never really encouraged me)

they still hope someday ..i ll make it too ... ( but they are very discouraging at the same time ...)

But another thing LAMBY..i know i can't do anything about it ..except be glad i am a girl and i 'll get married and go away somewer ....

u can't expect me to share it with any of my friends 'cz some of the stuff are too hard to share adn tell others

besides my parents have a social figureand image too .....

But all this has made me realize a lot of important things that not many of my peers know .....

after all they are my parents and they don't mean harm ....obviously ....

but the way they care ....is wat matters ...
it means nearly a quarter of my life ...that i spend with them ....
and till date ..i don't recollect any family fun or joy ..there has been fight and other mess ..and fun too ...but i always think of the sad parts ..coz i can't help it ..it got into me very young and the word 'family' means different to me ...

i know they are the ones who will be for me always .. still ...
my life with them ...has got so many incidents i can't force my self to forget ....

BUT because of this ..i resorted to being on the phone when they are not at home ..
i am online daily and for quite some time ..( again they don't know ...they think ..i have not gone online for a year ..)
i read ..(in discreet )
and i do everything that is actually right ...in discreet ...as though i am doing a crime ..that is why i am uncomfy when they are around when i am doing 'normal' things .......

My mom once read my diary(i have no BF...if thats what she's trying to look for .. ) ...later ...by mistake she said ..i make a lot of spelling mistakes and wen i resisted ..she said ..ya i ur diary u did ..and all that ...............

but later i dunt think she read it ...

My father is another person who expects me to tell him everything and i know if i do ....i ll be listening to him shout for no crime of mine .....

even something that takes place in my skool ...(in some other class or anything that is not even related to me ..) he ll come and scream as though i did it ..

for now ..i am a discreet soul to my parents and a bold and outspoken girl outwards .....
i am very hard to understand coz i am very complex ...
i am always living in my past or dreaming about by future that i barely live the present .....

Lamby ..dunt make GENERALISED statements without knowing ...

thinking all people living abroad are ....this and that ....

i set my values .. and follow them

as for clothing ..for occasions wer i have to be formal western i am like that ..
otherwise ... i am traditional .... kurta and jeans ....

Alan
6th March 2006, 10:44 AM
Pooja, can you keep your posts short enough to read- this is a forum, not your Plus 2 Boards Paper for Essay writing

* I'll read your post later, no time now*

pooja.shankar
6th March 2006, 10:46 AM
LOL@alan

pooja.shankar
6th March 2006, 08:33 PM
i wrote it in a fit of rage .. and was very disorganised in expressing myself ... but i am not editing it .... i dunt want too
it was written with mixed emotions ....

Lambretta
11th March 2006, 06:43 PM
Lamby ..dunt make GENERALISED statements without knowing ... thinking all people living abroad are ....this and that ....
Pooja,
-I was very much moved to read ur post, lengthy tho it was.......

-Yes I agree even parents shudn't be too tight on kids....as they r the ones who shud KNOW fully well wen to trust them...

-As for ur comment on me making generalised statements, I dont really hav a clue as to wat made u feel tat way.....as I certainly did NOT say ALL Indians abroad r like this & tat....!

I was mainly reacting to Badri's earlier statements (again no offences to him) wen he said tat we Indians r so "prudish", comparing the Westerners (in this case Australians) attitude w. ours & making them out as better human beings & tat we shud take a leaf out of ther books etc. (wich as I said, is never possible!).....
Sumhow I felt quite anguished wen I read such statements....it felt really depressing to see the way many of our own ppl. tend to view our culture nowadays once they r exposed to a diffnt. one!
And yes I've personally come across many ppl. (again NOT ALL, so no generalising!) who start talkin like this once they r exposed to a foreign (esp. Western) culture/way of life.....its like they suddenly feel a sort of revulsion towards our way of thinking/attitudes, seeing only -ve things in them & seem to place the Western notions on a higher pedestal!
And of course no denying tat this sort of thing is going on even among those in India!
But I seldom find ppl. of ne other culture developing this sort of attitude if they r exposed to say, our culture/way of thinking! Even if they do take interest to learn abt ours......
Hence we shud refrain from developing this sort of self-denigrating thinking! As it is impossible for us to twist ourselves into the mindset of other nations!

dsath
11th March 2006, 09:47 PM
[tscii:b8bc9b5440]Sometimes we can see holistically what is happening when we are looking at something from outside rather than being in the middle of it. I am sure Badri’s remarks had that effect.
This obsession of ours to Women’s clothes is a relatively new one - post British invasion. All Indian men have accepted and are following the Western style of dressing, when it comes to Women why are they felling so repulsive and questioning our culture?
Pre British most women didn’t wear blouses and it was not considered repulsive or negative. The British brought with them their style of dressing for women from neck to toes. They have left India now but we are refusing to let go of them (esp their way of thinking – Victorian British thinking)………
[/tscii:b8bc9b5440]

Lambretta
11th March 2006, 10:18 PM
[tscii:f1246a88c2]
This obsession of ours to Women’s clothes is a relatively new one - post British invasion. All Indian men have accepted and are following the Western style of dressing, when it comes to Women why are they felling so repulsive and questioning our culture?
dsath,
I don't think neone's been questioning the trend of women following western style of dressing here, tats certainly not the topic in qsn.......even I personally feel therz nothing wrong if one wants to wear western clothes (provided it suits her!) as ther r decent outfits too among these......otoh, its true tat even Sarees can be made to look as 'scanty' nowadays.....!
But wat I was questioning here is:
Y shud we, on facing another culture (modern or outdated/victorian, watever) at once feel critical abt our own or wat we r used to following? :huh:

Pre British most women didn’t wear blouses and it was not considered repulsive or negative. The British brought with them their style of dressing for women from neck to toes. They have left India now but we are refusing to let go of them (esp their way of thinking – Victorian British thinking)[/tscii:f1246a88c2]
Well, as to tat, we cud say, sweet r the uses of adversity? :)
But ok, assuming this is a Victorian thinking as u say, even then, the qsn. here is:
-Wud ther be nething beneficial if we encouraged getting rid of this 'victorian' system tat we've been used to & became more 'free' (as deemed in today's west)?
How far wud this serve ne purpose?? So y bother abt creating such a revolution at all? Its true tat periodic changes r necessary in society, no system is perfect......but we shud also be judicial as to see to wat extent wat changes wud be of ne use to us, not simply say we shud totally transform ourselves into the shape of sum other nation tat is more 'modern' (again, the mention of us following 'Victorian' thinking reflects this inferiority complex in us!)
For sum reason, in the past we integrated into our culture sumthing tat may not hav been ther w/ us originally, but it was obv. seen as beneficial otherwise we wudn't hav continued it......

davie
12th March 2006, 10:44 AM
Esp when u are in india, all these get big attention. Just slip by outside India and you find all these an usual sight, that you dont care to notice. :P

Even if she is beautiful, I will feel the same. People esp aunties should be careful while choosing their dresses.
Exactly! Who the h said tat being beautiful means u hav to show ur body off to every T D & H??! :roll: :huh:
Tat too knowing tat ur physical beauty is not goin2 last too long neways......so y put on such a show for sumthing 'temporary'??!

Machan, Generally men are often put off by ladies who dress to kill
And on top of it call themselves 'modern' jus bcos of looking like tat (wat abt ur education, attitude, character etc.??!! :huh: :banghead:), calling guys who disagree as conservative hags! :evil:
'wonder wat they've got in their heads?! :roll:

pooja.shankar
12th March 2006, 11:03 AM
Lamby ..dunt make GENERALISED statements without knowing ... thinking all people living abroad are ....this and that ....
Pooja,
-I was very much moved to read ur post, lengthy tho it was.......

-Yes I agree even parents shudn't be too tight on kids....as they r the ones who shud KNOW fully well wen to trust them...

nice to see u back lamby ....

well ..well ....yes ....lamby ..i go thru some tuff time at home ...that leaves me with no entertaiment ... ... and i tend to "find" entertainment without their knowledge. ..
for eg ..they think i have not gone online at all in ma life !! and u know ...it is nt tht way .....
i used to always ..lock up my room and tel them i am studying and come online or ..when my parents have gone to office .. ...bindaz ,.!!!

but now ....i am gonna have a major prob ....my mom jus gave up her job ..coz shes gonna come with me to india this may and she s at home all the time ...she doesnt like this room locking biz..and she s gonna remove the room keys ..so i ll never be able to lock ....

so i ll barely be able to come online ....hereafter ......

(i ll figure my way out of this ...come how ....hopefully)

dsath
13th March 2006, 07:12 PM
But ok, assuming this is a Victorian thinking as u say, even then, the qsn. here is:
-Wud ther be nething beneficial if we encouraged getting rid of this 'victorian' system tat we've been used to & became more 'free' (as deemed in today's west)?
How far wud this serve ne purpose?? So y bother abt creating such a revolution at all? Its true tat periodic changes r necessary in society, no system is perfect......but we shud also be judicial as to see to wat extent wat changes wud be of ne use to us, not simply say we shud totally transform ourselves into the shape of sum other nation tat is more 'modern' (again, the mention of us following 'Victorian' thinking reflects this inferiority complex in us!)
For sum reason, in the past we integrated into our culture sumthing tat may not hav been ther w/ us originally, but it was obv. seen as beneficial otherwise we wudn't hav continued it......

Well i don't know what to say honestly, why look at west, look at east...........far east, Singapore, China, Japan, they have all maintained their culture but still transform. I think what we should not let go of is our values instead of dress sense and such other superficial things. I find it amusing when people shout loudly at things like dress sense, Valentine's day while doing nothing abt the increasing number of Old people home. Does any state or Indian government promote policies to encourage a joint family system, if anything we air progarmmes in which woman are fighting with each other (usually saans-bahu) discouraging anyone from even dreaming of a joint family. Its values such as these that are worth shouting for and not about women wearing not so decent clothes. who are we to judge what is decent and what is not......

RP
13th March 2006, 07:38 PM
[)

Well parents worry about their wards......are'nt they right???
U need to be a parent to understand this...(I don't mean ur wrong ....but its two viewpoints of one scenic view!!!!!) :wink:

Alan
15th March 2006, 09:49 PM
Oh! I'm extremely sorry to read what you've written , dear.
Well, you have an elder bro, me- you can consider me like your own brother, ok? After one month, you'll get a bhabhi too, ok?

Take care dear, how's ur exams?

RP
22nd March 2006, 09:10 PM
Oh! I'm extremely sorry to read what you've written , dear.
Well, you have an elder bro, me- you can consider me like your own brother, ok? After one month, you'll get a bhabhi too, ok?

Take care dear, how's ur exams?

How r marriage preparations Alan?Lost any weight?
I think PS will be pleased to have u as a bros!!! :wink:

Alan
22nd March 2006, 10:34 PM
Thanks for asking, RP! I have gone down a lil as my old T-shirts which were tight are now a lil roomy- but need to work more on the tummy area- lol! :D

RP
25th March 2006, 08:59 PM
Thanks for asking, RP! I have gone down a lil as my old T-shirts which were tight are now a lil roomy- but need to work more on the tummy area- lol! :D

Thats the area I have'nt figured any solutions for.....r Indians prone for tummies??(I am not talking about Indian politicians!! :D )

Alan
27th March 2006, 12:06 AM
lol :lol: politicians with tummies- lol!

Fire111999
3rd April 2006, 11:17 PM
pooja,

you sound like a very stressed out teenager. i feel quite sorry for you. i am glad to say my parents are not like that. and because they give me more freedom, i don't feel the need to rebel and do sth they think is wrong or sth that really is wrong.

maybe talking to your parents more casually abt some of the more innocent things they protest against might help. being more open to your mother about certain issues might make her trust you more and not feel the need to read your dairy and this will preserve your privacy on more private issues

and anyway, on this topic of women dressing indecently, i find that there is a lot to be said abt what is accepted. for eg, i don't feel comfortable wearing a certain tops in india which i wear all the time elsewhere because of the way guys stare. but at the same time, if i wear a chudithar with a similar or maybe even lower neckline in india, everyone, including myself, is ok with it. i don't get any looks from guys. so there is this feeling among indians that western wear is more revealing than indian clothes, which is not true.

Fire111999
3rd April 2006, 11:18 PM
oh and another thing,

i think wearing makeup and matching jewelery is not dressing up too much, if the occasion calls for it.

Raikkonen
4th April 2006, 09:59 AM
What is the topic about?

Fire111999
4th April 2006, 12:17 PM
Do too beautiful & stylish women put you off? Or am I the only retarded nut here who thinks that way?

What I mean is: I know this pretty girl who happens to be a family friend'sdaughter ( I was supposed to marry her, according to both our parents but somehow I had always liked my childhood sweetheart who also happens to be my cousin)

This girl is pretty enough(sweet face but has an overweight problem) but I feel she dresses to kill , just to show off- I mean too stylish- I feel a little repulsive even if her intentions may be to attract!

this was the first intro of the question we r discussing. for further clarifications, read the other posts.

Lambretta
4th April 2006, 10:51 PM
i don't feel comfortable wearing a certain tops in india which i wear all the time elsewhere because of the way guys stare. but at the same time, if i wear a chudithar with a similar or maybe even lower neckline in india, everyone, including myself, is ok with it. i don't get any looks from guys. so there is this feeling among indians that western wear is more revealing than indian clothes, which is not true.
Yes, not all western outfits can be generalised as revealing.....and yea, lower necklines at the back seem more acceptable in case of a Saree blouse (not tat sure abt chudidaar) than in Western outfits......tat sure is strange!

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 12:15 AM
yeah, and also, if pple can see your waist when you are wearing jeans (if you wear a bit short tops) (though i don't do this), it will not be accepted.

but when you are wearing a saree, though there is bound to be some waist visible, that's ok.

so it's really a matter of what is accepted where.

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 10:04 AM
Alan not only you....i too do not really like too much glamourised wear as it does not really impress upon us the girl's character, But maybe due to you liking another girl you cant be attracted by this pretty girls glamour. Had you not liked your cousin i believe you might not see this pretty girl's glamour as a "turn off" point.

btw, Girls do not really dress to show that their "dirty" girls or anything, it is their way of trying to impress upon others or trying to take notice of them with no sexual intentions. But this has dire consequences as the boys who take notice of them see them as sexual objects rather than women with feelings.

Yendra Alan raasavae, nee intha ponnu kitae oru naal okkarnthu pesi avanga kitae unnodeiya unarchigalai puriya vei, avanga ungalai enimel disturb penna mattaanga. (Note that ignoring the girl will only make her more determined to attract you, always a open face to face talk is preferred).

Lambretta
16th April 2006, 02:06 PM
Yendra Alan raasavae, nee intha ponnu kitae oru naal okkarnthu pesi avanga kitae unnodeiya unarchigalai puriya vei, avanga ungalai enimel disturb penna mattaanga.
Nice hulkster, but the thing is Alan doesnt know Tamil....! :D

crazy
16th April 2006, 02:16 PM
Note that ignoring the girl will only make her more determined to attract you, always a open face to face talk is preferred).

:lol: :lol: :lol:

rachel
16th April 2006, 02:54 PM
what's going on here :roll:

Hulkster
16th April 2006, 03:25 PM
:lol: Well alan...it is best you talk to the girl privately and let her know of your feelings and what you do not want her to do...cos ignoring her will only force her to be more determined in attracting you.

rachel
16th April 2006, 04:27 PM
:lol: Well alan...it is best you talk to the girl privately and let her know of your feelings and what you do not want her to do...cos ignoring her will only force her to be more determined in attracting you.

alan periya aalu... :evil: there are a lot of nice guys out there..

Alan
19th April 2006, 11:19 AM
rachel, are you calling me potato? What is "periya"? Is it anything to do with the river periyar?

Hulkster
19th April 2006, 11:21 AM
periya means big

Badri
19th April 2006, 11:22 AM
rachel, are you calling me potato? What is "periya"? Is it anything to do with the river periyar?

:rotfl:

Periya = big

aalu = guy

alan periya aalu is the tamizh equivalent of "Bada aadmi hai rey thu"

Alan
19th April 2006, 11:27 AM
ohokok :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, literally , I'm a big man!!!!!!!!

selvakumar
19th April 2006, 11:31 AM

:rotfl:

I think after seeing this post from your side

See might change it and say

chiNNa aaLu :lol: (small potato - person )

Lambretta
19th April 2006, 02:02 PM
*digr
alan periya aalu is the tamizh equivalent of "Bada aadmi hai rey thu"
Hey this sounds jus like Hyd. Hindi! Hau! :D

Oh, and Alan, :lol: abt the 'Periyar connection'!

/digr

chevy
11th November 2006, 09:45 AM

This girl is pretty enough(sweet face but has an overweight problem) but I feel she dresses to kill , just to show off- I mean too stylish- I feel a little repulsive even if her intentions may be to attract! nice topic .. i lll get on to this ..in a few days .. no time now

bulb_mani
11th November 2006, 02:46 PM

This girl is pretty enough(sweet face but has an overweight problem) but I feel she dresses to kill , just to show off- I mean too stylish- I feel a little repulsive even if her intentions may be to attract! nice topic .. i lll get on to this ..in a few days .. no time now

Yeah Alan... Too much of anything will result in turning out to be a bummer (_|_) :lol: