PDA

View Full Version : What is the right age/time to

Alan
3rd March 2006, 08:18 PM
have a baby? :)

I know this is a funny question- but as hubbers may be knowing, my fiancee is just completing her House Surgency when we get married. Her parents want her to do MD but she's not very interested(she just took up medicine for her parents)- so I was wondering if we should have a baby soon or should I coax her into this MD thing -then we may have to wait until she completes it.

I want us to have a baby soon, because my uncle & aunt don't have children(they are married for 18 years)- so just worried if it runs in the family.

pooja.shankar
3rd March 2006, 09:48 PM
oh ... .... isnt it a personal question Alan ... i hope u wunt get intrigued by other people's suggestions ..i think it is Your life ..and it is upto u to decide ...

and as for suggestions ...

i think u shud let her do Md ....i dunt think after children and all ....... she ' ll be serious to do MD... because she may want to spend more time with your child isnt it ?

and come on ....don't worry about things like that ..it will be fine ..
it is common problem though ....in the west ...because of drink or smoke or both BUT
in this century ... things like that have solutions ..okay .? ...
and ur fiancee is a doctor after all ! ...

dunt worry ..

Alan
3rd March 2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks Pooja madam!!!! :D :lol:

pooja.shankar
3rd March 2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks Pooja madam!!!! :D :lol: Come on ... i know any day .... some other hubbers will give u wiser suggestions ..but i can only give u my best wishes ....

Alan
4th March 2006, 01:38 PM
No one has anything to say? :shock:

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 01:58 PM
Alan,

Its purely each couple's individual decision. WHY do u wanna ask HUBBERS when to have child ??????????

:oops: :oops: (sorry no intention to hurt)

I think pooja answered really well. :)

Depends on how old she is. These days doctors say it becomes difficult to conceive or deliver AFTER 30. So until then it should not be a problem.

Such things like 'being-issuless" definitely DONT RUN in the family or in genes. So pls be cool.

If I dont get personal, :oops: some statistics say, USING CONTRACEPTIVES create problems for conception when needed. I know too many couples (esp if they have PCOD or similar probs) who were initially into contraceptives BUT WHEN THEY WANTED A KID, they really had to struggle hard.

so........ weigh the pros and cons............

chose between the two.

Therez nothing like U CANT do MD, after u have the child. Yes it becomes difficult, but not IMPOSSIBLE.

Alan
4th March 2006, 02:23 PM
Yes, I 've heard about the contraceptives thing esp the pills- so I was just worried.

My fiancee neither wants to study nor work nor have a baby soon- she just wants to enjoy life after 5 years of plodding hard, it seems.....lol! So, I guess we'll just let it go for the time being.

She's 21, going on 22, by the way.

Shekhar
4th March 2006, 02:43 PM
Right time to have a baby???!!

I think after nine months would be correct!! :) :)

Alan
4th March 2006, 04:52 PM
Oh Shekhar! Thou art a rsident court jester, here!
*applause*

pooja.shankar
4th March 2006, 08:21 PM
LOL ..........@ shekar ...

so alan finally ...i hope ur clear about this prob

RP
5th March 2006, 02:29 PM
No one has anything to say? :shock:

Well as said each has his/her priorities.
I would give preference to the child.........because House Surgeoncy+ MD(getting a seat is tuff+night duties,emergencies,etc) will take quite some time...and involves a load of stress-physically and mentally.

Alan
6th March 2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks for responding, RP- I think I'll give preference for the baby too - I'm not even sure she's going to do further studies..lazy goose :D

RP
6th March 2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for responding, RP- I think I'll give preference for the baby too - I'm not even sure she's going to do further studies..lazy goose :D

Theres a lot of scope even with just a MBBS. :idea: ........Theres medical transcriptin(from home)..........hospital admn..........research...medical insurance....

Alan
8th March 2006, 08:44 PM
Yes, I know- I am not sure what her plans are- she never wants to talk about medicine ever! So, yeah, let's see. :?