PDA

View Full Version : Pet Animals

terminator
4th March 2006, 03:49 PM
Right from the childhood I was interested in Pet animals.
In villages, most of the people have dog and cat in their houses.

I have a pet named MEENA, a very cute parrot. We didnt use a cage for her. She is roaming our house freely. Ofcourse, now she is one of our family member.

What abt ur house? Do u have any pets?

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 04:20 PM
I am SCARED of pets :oops:

I love PARROTS though. I dont like the concept of caging them, or letting them be in a surroundings which is NOT NATURAL to them.

one of my desire is to

BUY 10 TO 20 CAGED BIRDS, go deep inside a forest AND LET THEM FREE :roll: :oops:

pooja.shankar
4th March 2006, 04:43 PM
we have fishes at home ... my dad keeps them and expects us to care for it when he's out ...

but i am not a very animal loving person and am pretty forgetful to feed them and all ..

animals need a lot of care ..

fishes esp. need more care than a new born human baby
...water temperature has to be maintained ... food should be just sufficient ..not more not less.

and fishes u know ...can't bark and make noises to remind us to feed them and all ..

many times ... ive forgotten to feed them .... put the air bubble thing ..or forgotten to put off the temperature maintainer ..

Once one of our fishes was having a cold ( i mean it's skin lost lusture because the water was cold ..)my dad took that fish and put it in a bucket with warm water...and told me to see if the fish was doing fine ..

after a while i went away and wen my dad went to see it ...it was dead ..... fish became warm and got back to normal ..skin colour returned and all ...but since we left it for a long while. .....it got boiled to death i think ..LOL .... ( i hope i don't go to hell .for this crime ....)

terminator
4th March 2006, 04:55 PM
Aquarium- It is pleasant to watch the swimming fish. It needs lot of care.

terminator
4th March 2006, 04:58 PM
I dont like the concept of caging them, or letting them be in a surroundings which is NOT NATURAL to them.

one of my desire is to

BUY 10 TO 20 CAGED BIRDS, go deep inside a forest AND LET THEM FREE :roll: :oops:

:notworthy:

Meena eats everything what we eat. She eat from my plate. She drink BOOST at the morning.

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 05:01 PM
choooooooo chweet terminator. Why dont u PUT HER PIC HERE :)

I love parrots. Does she talk all what u talk? Is she trained to talk? :) I am sooooo curious to know bout these parrots.

If its not caged, when it wanna answer nature's call, hwo do u manage? :? :?

Shakthiprabha.
4th March 2006, 05:04 PM
fish.......... in aquarium is another sad thing.

I mean when its supp to SWIM AROUND so freely in the ocean or river.............. we put a cubicle full of water for it to live!!

Same with DOGS. arrested in a kennel. Fine, atleast it gets to go for morning walks or let loose inside the compound at times. Life is so royal for rich men's pet dogs.

Even then..

Just image we being caged in a 10*10 room........ life long :(

Sorry guys...... got all emotional. Just expressed my views bout havin pets.

pooja.shankar
4th March 2006, 08:42 PM
liv in 10*10 room ,..... possible ...jsut give me the computer and internet. ..and a phone also ...

i will ..

Querida
5th March 2006, 07:41 AM
what no food, water, washroom facilities...please don't punish yourself like that... :roll: :P imagine your confessions then :o (just kidding) :P

Anyways yeah have fish here too...am allergic to cats and afraid of dogs...wouldn't mind a turtle...yeah taking care of any pet is hard work...but still worth it...fish are not so bad...

terminator
5th March 2006, 01:13 PM
choooooooo chweet terminator. Why dont u PUT HER PIC HERE :)

I love parrots. Does she talk all what u talk? Is she trained to talk? :) I am sooooo curious to know bout these parrots.

If its not caged, when it wanna answer nature's call, hwo do u manage? :? :?

She doesnot talk. But she whistles quite well :) . She makes different sounds. She understands what we speak.

Shakthiprabha.
5th March 2006, 03:13 PM
Turtle!

thats unheard of here in INDIA. Tell us bout it querida :)

terminator,

whistles!!!!!! wow :D . plz click a pic of hers and post it here. plz :)

pooja,

:D

Querida
6th March 2006, 03:21 AM
Sorry Shakti I meant i wouldn't getting one but don't have one of my own as yet....my friend did, two snapping turtles all i know is that they certainly are more active than fish...climbing in and out water to rock...they respond more...they snap like mad at your fingers...little suckers would probably eat fingertips rather than their own food :P

Frogs are sooo cool! And so are salamanders....i know relatives who looked at me like i was mad...they're sick and tired of the chattering and croaking i guess :tongueout:

Shakthiprabha.
6th March 2006, 01:49 PM
Frog?????????????? :shock:

lol

anyway for turtles, u need bigger aquariums right?

Querida
6th March 2006, 11:27 PM
yeah I said frogs Shakti...see how much urbanized i am? I'm fascinated by farm animals as well :roll: :) I guess the tank size would depend on the size/number of turtles....they don't need as much water fish need, this article explains it better than i can:

http://www.turtlecare.net/babycare.htm

Sanguine Sridhar
7th March 2006, 07:06 AM
We have a beautiful aquarium in our house.Maintainence is the big task.You need to wash the fish tank once in a week.You should give proper amount of food,In winter you have to give special attention to them.It looks really good because my dad used to take care of above said tasks :D

Querida
7th March 2006, 08:59 AM
True it is hard to maintain aquariums...have to keep water temp constant, they can get sick easily, have to keep the filter clean, remember to feed them, make sure the fish get along (we lost so many to these little fierce tiger guppies which would bite the tails of the others and so they would be too scared to eat and literally starve to death) have to be careful when taking them out of the tank (ours struggle so much cause they've gotten quite big), luckily my Appa bought this special hose so filling and emptying the tank is no longer such a heavy-armed task....the most irritating problem we had was trying to get rid of the snails which came with the fish (by accident)...I'm not going to talk about how that ended...it was sooo bizarre and disgusting... :shock: :x :x

1&only
7th March 2006, 09:02 PM
we have fishes at home ... my dad keeps them and expects us to care for it when he's out ...

but i am not a very animal loving person and am pretty forgetful to feed them and all ..

animals need a lot of care ..

fishes esp. need more care than a new born human baby
...water temperature has to be maintained ... food should be just sufficient ..not more not less.

and fishes u know ...can't bark and make noises to remind us to feed them and all ..

many times ... ive forgotten to feed them .... put the air bubble thing ..or forgotten to put off the temperature maintainer ..

Once one of our fishes was having a cold ( i mean it's skin lost lusture because the water was cold ..)my dad took that fish and put it in a bucket with warm water...and told me to see if the fish was doing fine ..

after a while i went away and wen my dad went to see it ...it was dead ..... fish became warm and got back to normal ..skin colour returned and all ...but since we left it for a long while. .....it got boiled to death i think ..LOL .... ( i hope i don't go to hell .for this crime ....)

Aquarium fish is not at all problematic if
the water, temperature and the number of fish in the aquarium is kept in balance.
Fish is an animal you don't have to feed them for about 14 days. It is alo the best not to feed the fish very often. The water pump should be cleaned once in two months and 2/3 of the water should be changed every 6-9 months. The temperature should not be a problem because there are self-regulating heaters.

Of course you can keep gold fish even in a small pond in your garden, they don't make you trouble. But perhaps your neighbours cat or cranes.

Salt water aquarium is very problematic but not sweet water aquarium.

Pooja, please tell your father that you can't throw in a fish either from cold to warm water or otherwise. They need to be acclimatised first. If you don't know how it goes please ask me.

1&only
7th March 2006, 09:17 PM
I have a pet named MEENA, a very cute parrot.

I am not sure, grade 4 or five, english class and long long ago! We were asked to write about pets. All I remember is that about 75% started with:

My pet is a parrot. Her name is polly!

We also had a parrot (pachchaikiLi) and was kept at backside veranda in a cage. She barked like a dog, crowed like a co-ck and like a hen after laying eggs and a lot of other sounds. Some far relatives gave her us because she never imtated words. She never spoke a single word until I cut her feathers arround her ear. After that she called me, I should better say she sounded like my mother screaming at me when she was mad: Shouting "Sheeeekaaaar"

1&only
7th March 2006, 09:26 PM
the most irritating problem we had was trying to get rid of the snails which came with the fish (by accident)...

The snails you get them with the water plants and not with the fish. You can hardly avoid them but when you get the plants make sure that thea from an snailless aquariums. I also had problems with snails so I cleaned each and every leave and stem from them and their eggs. But there are also fish which eat these snails, the pufferfish. I mean the fish that inhales air or water and become like a big ball, very often seen as salt water fish. This fish belongs to the Tetraodontidae family

1&only
7th March 2006, 09:34 PM
What about snakes - poisonus as well as harmless, rats, mice, crocos a pets?

Querida
7th March 2006, 11:10 PM
thanx 1&only for the advice..but yeah we didn't have any plants they just seemed like empty shells that came in the water with the fish....but yeah they got rid of themselves...by getting rid of their mother :x :x :x they self-reproduce so fast but finally they went away. Me not liking them is not the reason we tried to get rid of them..it was because they were filling up the tank at an alarming rate and badly clogging the filters and pipes.

terminator
8th March 2006, 02:55 PM
Turtle!

terminator,

whistles!!!!!! wow :D . plz click a pic of hers and post it here. plz :)

:D

Sorry SP akka, I dont have a photo to upload.. :)

terminator
8th March 2006, 02:57 PM
I have a pet named MEENA, a very cute parrot.

I am not sure, grade 4 or five, english class and long long ago! We were asked to write about pets. All I remember is that about 75% started with:

My pet is a parrot. Her name is polly!

We have one more parrot INDHU. Ithu aalamarthathu kili. She is cuter than meena. Very active. But we lost her :cry: :cry: :cry:

RP
8th March 2006, 03:14 PM
I had a rabbit named Meenu :D ......had to give it up as it as we moved.......moreover it ate up our carpet :cry:

Shekhar
8th March 2006, 03:37 PM
I thought I had a pet.
And I got married.
Then I realised that I was a bloody fool to think that it was a pet. It was mewing earlier.. and after marriage it started to roar!!! It took me years to develop skills to get out of its claws :wink: :? :D

1&only
8th March 2006, 06:03 PM
I thought I had a pet.
And I got married.
Then I realised that I was a bloody fool to think that it was a pet. It was mewing earlier.. and after marriage it started to roar!!! It took me years to develop skills to get out of its claws :wink: :? :D
The Cat's name is Pussy I guess. :lol: My Dad calls my Mom Pussy too. :lol:

bingleguy
8th March 2006, 06:06 PM
My pet s a cute little doggie ..... Kundril ....
She s 11 yrs ..... we call her Pichu sometimes .... sangili yeduthu vitta pichu kittu oodum ;-)

Kundril is more LOVED by my mom.... U know ... Kundril kkaaga every month oru big crate of Milk Rusk Kerala lendhu varudhu ....

:-) Koduthu vecha Kundril ;-)

terminator
11th March 2006, 03:32 PM
kundril sounds different :D

terminator
23rd March 2006, 09:24 PM
My father had a pet SQUIRREL when he was 13. He said Whistle was the language between them.

goodsense
24th March 2006, 12:17 AM
Tell me about pet animals. Any experience of love and affection for pet animals? :lol:

Have you ever visited a pet shop and what has been your experience?

Just want to share this. A geography teacher of mine was absent from class one day. In the next lesson, he apologized for being absent. He said he had a funeral the day before, that he lost a family member. He was choked up and took a deep breath as he spoke and we knew he wasn't finished in what he had to say. He then continued on, "my dog... died". Most of the class roared with laughs which got him even more upset. This is obviously not what they were expecting to hear. I don't want to disclose the racial background of this teacher or that of the part of the class that didn't laugh since it will send off messages about certain people....

Sanguine Sridhar
24th March 2006, 08:56 PM
In the case of Aquarium can anybody tell me how to keep up the water temperature in winter/summer....

Querida
23rd April 2006, 09:53 AM
unless you have an outside pond this shouldn't be a problem whatever the weather is outside, usually when you change the water in the aquarium use a thermometer to check the water is at the recommended temperature which the pet store has pointed out, if you have tropical fish you will have to buy a heat lamp and be much more careful when changing water...

girishk14
27th April 2006, 06:48 PM
I have two hamsters named Babloo and Jerry.

crazy
27th April 2006, 06:51 PM
i had dogs!

Ghlli
27th April 2006, 11:21 PM
i'm scared of dogs and cats :cry:

Sanguine Sridhar
28th April 2006, 01:36 AM
unless you have an outside pond this shouldn't be a problem whatever the weather is outside, usually when you change the water in the aquarium use a thermometer to check the water is at the recommended temperature which the pet store has pointed out, if you have tropical fish you will have to buy a heat lamp and be much more careful when changing water...

Thanks!! :D Last winter we losed around 8 Fishes one by one :( ... Worst part was all are high quality beautiful fishes :(

Thirumaran
28th April 2006, 02:09 AM

The reverse is true too :rotfl:

Sanguine Sridhar
28th April 2006, 02:14 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ghlli
28th April 2006, 02:26 AM
:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

girishk14
28th April 2006, 03:26 PM
I have a pet hamseter called Babloo. :)

Ghlli
29th April 2006, 03:00 AM
aww

my friends hamster called Caramel died a month ago...:cry: she was crying in class :cry: