PDA

View Full Version : Private (Pop) Albums in Tamil

sureshmehcnit
7th March 2006, 10:39 PM
[tscii:c53570ea46][I]Malgudi Subha’s “Vaalpaarai Vattaparai”, Anuradha Sriram’s “I am a modern ponnu”, Veenai Gayatri’s “Pappara”, some X’s “How are you doing buddy”, Srinivas and Karthik’s “Ussele Ussele”, Lata Rajinikanth’s “Dhithimitha”[I] are some of the pop songs that is fresh in my mind when I think of popular Tamil pop songs. And that is really negligible number. I am talking about the pathetic condition of Tamil Pop industry (there is no industry as such but yet let us call it that way) now and then.

Continue reading more scribblings of mine about Tamil Pop albums here
http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/03/private-pop-albums-in-tamil.html[/tscii:c53570ea46]

Let us start discussing about Private albums that we have heard/ still hearing/ to be heard here....

sureshmehcnit
8th March 2006, 12:01 PM
Here is my review on an album called "Thee"

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/03/thee-fire-within.html

inetk
8th March 2006, 04:41 PM
You missed one of the best ever Tamil pop albums - Suresh Peters' Minnal! Almost every song in the album was fabulous. I was in Salem when it was released ages back and I still remember almost my entire college buying the tape! But this is not to say that it sold well, though :-)

Its also a pity that he couldnt replicate that success in the 2 other pop albums he released after that. I still listen to tracks like 'Idhu vaanam sindhum', 'En aadal arpanam', 'Mugil enna mazhai enna', 'Kaadhal vedham' and 'Vaa maane' that was used in P Vasu's Coolie.

sureshmehcnit
8th March 2006, 05:34 PM
hey, haven't heard that album but will sure check it out. I started buying music albums only after coming to college i.e after 2000 and so i wasn't aware of this album. Atleast by this post i came to know about one more worthy tamil pop album. Is there any other music album that you have heard and liked other than minnal

RR
9th March 2006, 08:09 AM
Suresh,

Heard VM's 'Kavithaye Paadalaaga' (came as VCD)? It is worth checking out.

sureshmehcnit
9th March 2006, 09:59 AM
RR, have seen the CD's in music stores. Here is the revu on another album "Mudhal Mazhayae" by Devan and Harris Raghavendra

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/03/muthal-mazhayae-music-review.html

rajasaranam
9th March 2006, 01:02 PM
There was one Pop Album by ARR titled 'Set me Free'. which had some nice nos. I had a copy and lost it :( Can anybody upload it if possible :?:

sureshmehcnit
9th March 2006, 01:28 PM
'Set Me Free' by ARR and Malgudi Subha. I am searching for this album for a long time but no music stores have a copy of it.

Scale
11th March 2006, 07:52 PM
Wow! Thanks for reminding it again. Boogienight, Set Me Free, She says...all sounds cool. Have to check it again. I had my cassette long back when ARR started emerging. No more in stores as well. Released by Magnasound. I am not sure VV "Manjal Veil" "nilave velli velli nilavu" filler string rhythm sounds somewhat similar to one of those songs.. Ending part of this song is very clear. :?