PDA

View Full Version : Love vs lust

r_o_j_a
9th March 2006, 12:18 AM
recently we did a program comparing love and lust .. we came up with a conclusion that :-

love :) :D
is eternal
part of a duty of a lover /partner
unconditional

lust :evil: :twisted:
material
temporary
more physical

would like to hear your views

Sandeep
9th March 2006, 08:24 AM
Love is what we talk.
Lust is what we do.

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 02:48 PM
sandeep,

:roll:

what a way to put across !

Sandeep
9th March 2006, 02:52 PM
SP,

Isnt it true, we go on Ga-Ga about love is that, love is this. But if you see around all you see is Lust.

pavalamani pragasam
9th March 2006, 03:07 PM
Will definitely grow up to know LOVE!!!

Chappani
9th March 2006, 03:16 PM
Hi Sandeep,

I don't accept your views. Tell me aged people, people above 60 years, don't they love their Husbands/ wives???
Love is a feeling towards the other person without expecting any rewards, its a wish to be with the other person, to live the whole life with that person, if there is any other expectation other than this then its not LOVE, if the expectation is only physical then its lust.
I know a friend of mine who was in love with a girl for 8 years and got married some months back, they never got physical all these years till they got married, this is a classic example of true love.

The relationship between mother and child is also called love, Mother does all the things without any expectations from the child....

selvakumar
9th March 2006, 04:52 PM
Chappani,
Going by your opinion, I would like the title to be more specific.

May be like KAADHAL Vs Kaamam

ROMANACE (find a suitable term) vs LUST

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 05:28 PM
Sandeep,

I go with chappani's view.

yup.... LOVE is the ultimate goal.
We get carried away in between with LUST.

love can exist without lust.
lust can exist without love too

they both are NOT interdependant.

what we see around us IS JUST A PHYSICAL FORM OF LOVE.

love is much more than that.

love is care, affection, indepth feeling which one soul gives another (not necessarily a hus and wife or lovers)

LUST sometimes grows and flowers into love

SOMETIMES sadly withers off........ as JUST LUST.

lust is NOT GREAT (AS EVEN ANIMALS POSSESS IT)

love IS A QUALITY OF MEN.

bingleguy
9th March 2006, 05:38 PM
Kaadhal Vs Kaamam is the right way to put it ... guess that was selva ....

Ya Chappani is right ....

Love is a feeling towards the other person without expecting any rewards,

Then where does the concept of Boy friend n girl friend ....

If u have a Boy/ Girl friend -> do u have them for love / lust .... i know ppl would say neither of them ! but think deeply, n apply the concept of dating between friends .... what do u call that as ?

atleast in cosmo places like US n even bangalore ????

swathy
9th March 2006, 05:49 PM
u should have added one more option nothing :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 06:22 PM
bg,

boy or girl friend can ALSO mean.........

JUST FRIENDS. :roll:

ssanjinika
9th March 2006, 06:27 PM
I dont get that Bg,
Having a BF / GF could be in search of Love or it could be in search of Lust too.Or they could be going around just for the heck of it.Ultimately they could be searching for just one of the 2 or both :roll:

bingleguy
9th March 2006, 07:08 PM
Sanjinika ....
u have the answers for all types of expectations ....

Shakthi ...
i guess i ve already mentioned that .... they can be friends .... i am talking about the expectation beyond that, a date ......

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 08:37 PM
hmmm

A typical date.. (in all sense) I think expectation would be for BOTH. :roll:

RP
9th March 2006, 10:13 PM
hmmm

A typical date.. (in all sense) I think expectation would be for BOTH. :roll:

I get to see these dates quite often...........I have seen smooching in Public......well ultimately where does it all end?????? :roll:

1&only
9th March 2006, 10:27 PM
Love lasts for a long and lust for a short while. But both are impressive.

Sandeep
10th March 2006, 07:32 AM
"Love vs Lust"

Taking Love as Romance my vote still goes for Lust wining it over.

Yes as PP mentioned "Will definitely grow up to know LOVE". Shall I say the relationship develops from Lust to Love over a long period of time.

Sanguine Sridhar
10th March 2006, 09:44 AM
If the lust is with your love then no issues... But if your love changes every month then that is ofcourse an issue :roll:

pavalamani pragasam
10th March 2006, 11:23 AM
:lol:

bingleguy
10th March 2006, 11:40 AM
Love lasts for a long and lust for a short while. But both are impressive.

:roll: hmnn

selvakumar
10th March 2006, 12:35 PM
Love blossoms like a flower :D

Lust arises like a FUMING WAVE from hot water..:roll:

selvakumar
10th March 2006, 12:37 PM
If the lust is with your love then no issues... But if your love changes every month then that is ofcourse an issue :roll:

I think that the topic never suggests you to correlate with your loved ones..

It just discusses both the things..

But Lust plays a great role in improving the love on the loved one.

bingleguy
10th March 2006, 12:40 PM
Love is a A strong positive emotion
Lust is a A strong desire !

hi
10th March 2006, 12:51 PM
Lust is selfish
Love is commitment

dev
10th March 2006, 01:59 PM
:roll: :) :D :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
10th March 2006, 02:00 PM
:rotfl:

nice definitions by all of you.

CREATIVE. UNIQUE :lol:

RP, well where does dating lead?

hmm... I supp with the current life style...
its leads sometimes to lust. :roll:

I pose a question here.

WITH exhibitionism not in practise in older gen or centuries back,

u think THEY INDULGED ONLY IN LOVE?
OR GAVE IMPORTANCE TO LOVE AND IF NECESARY WAIT FOR THE OCCASION TO SHOW LUST.

I DOUBT it.

RP
11th March 2006, 12:10 AM
[quote="Shakthiprabha"]:rotfl:

nice definitions by all of you.

CREATIVE. UNIQUE :lol:

RP, well where does dating lead?

[quote=]

I feel That the parental guidance and involvement with a child helps decide whether it will end in LOVE or LUST........It is not VE in love but WE

gorgeous gaayini
19th March 2006, 05:07 AM
knock knock whos here?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: am i allowed in this thread???? :oops:

cant believe lust has 6 votes... :shock:

Shekhar
20th March 2006, 11:41 AM

No.. No.. it is the other way round. You get issues only when there is lust.

If you could produce issues by love without lust, My God, what would have happened!!! (parents of girls would have had real tough time!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
20th March 2006, 11:47 AM

Sanguine Sridhar
20th March 2006, 01:26 PM

No.. No.. it is the other way round. You get issues only when there is lust.

If you could produce issues by love without lust, My God, what would have happened!!! (parents of girls would have had real tough time!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very funny Shekar :D :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
20th March 2006, 02:19 PM
aha RP.

Many here pronounce it as loWE only not love :lol: (kidding)

Gaayu, why are u shocked cause lust is scoring less :roll:

gorgeous gaayini
20th March 2006, 11:25 PM
I am shocked that it has 6 votes! i was expecting no votes at all for lust!

Sinthiya
20th March 2006, 11:54 PM
I think in perfect relationship between a couple, you need a little bit of love and lust. Definitely, love is far more important to strengthen the relationship and make it last forever. But, lust is part of love....i don't think you can separate the two.....

selvakumar
21st March 2006, 09:57 AM
I think in perfect relationship between a couple, you need a little bit of love and lust. Definitely, love is far more important to strengthen the relationship and make it last forever. But, lust is part of love....i don't think you can separate the two.....

I agree with you that we cannot separate the two. IMHO, Love makes the people connected for a long period of time. But during the initial years, it is the lust that increases their love life. Though lust has little presence when compared to love, that little presence indirectly influence the love on the concerned person. My point is : Lust has an indirect impact in increasing the love on a particular person. I am talking about pure love and the lust that is connected with it. I am not referring the plain lust that we can have on anybody. Ultimately, during the initial bonding, lust dominates love and opens the doors the pure love.

Shakthiprabha.
21st March 2006, 03:27 PM
There can exist love without lust.
I mean pure unadulterated shudh love WITH ZERO lust

Chappani
21st March 2006, 03:53 PM
I agree with Shakti,

Selva, I think the other way, I feel its the love that fuels lust. Just tell me can you spend time with any girl on street to satisfy your lust??? just think over.
Even for the first time, I feel its the love that takes lead and the lust just follows especially in relationships.

Shakthiprabha.
21st March 2006, 03:59 PM
chappani :) :thumbsup:

LOVE without lust, is so powerful that it ....... can win over ALMOST anything.

:)

selvakumar
21st March 2006, 05:30 PM
Selva, I think the other way, I feel its the love that fuels lust. Just tell me can you spend time with any girl on street to satisfy your lust??? just think over.
Even for the first time, I feel its the love that takes lead and the lust just follows especially in relationships.

Beg to differ reg street girl. If u do have a look at the street girl,(A girl in a street accidently), definitly love+lust will dominate. But lust will dominate the love. Only over a period of time, you can depict your love or feel it. Initally, it is the lust that fuels the love. But I believe that both of them can never be separated.

In relationships, definitly both the things will try to dominate. But it is the lust that adds fuel to the fire.. and makes it a complete one(love). Your point is applicable in the long run. I have seen many people(pairs) losing their love in this busy life, but yet depict their love at odd times through lust. so, lust plays a great role in developing / bringing out the love that we have on a particular person.

Chappani
21st March 2006, 05:46 PM
No Selva, it looks like your quotes are by looking at others, may be you are still not in a position to quote from your personal experiences.

There is an Aunt of mine, her Husband has some physical disablity and there was no sex life between them. But they had lots of love for each other in their prime, even now though quite old enough they are taking care of each other so very affectionatly.

Tell me why do you give a new perpective to the Man Woman relationship, can't it be an extension of friendship??? You should be having friends from you school/college days, This is also love and did lust fuel this relationship??? just think over...

"Love" and "lust" are something like "likeness" and "Hunger".
Passikki Rusi teriyaadu is fine, when you are hungry all eatables on Earth will be tasty. But many things are tasty even when we are not Hungry... :)

selvakumar
21st March 2006, 06:00 PM
Chappani,
Let me clear you my stand.. I am not talking about the love / affection part of it.. Love can exist with any relationship... even we might be in love with pets, some non-living creatures etc.

But here we are discussing on Love vs Lust part of it. I think this one should be viewed from the appropriate angle. That is, The influence of Love and Lust in our life.

I think it is not a general one like friendship, love with mom, dad, sister, brother etc.

We can have lust on only somepeople.. But love - we can have on anyone..

that is why, I suggested the title, KAADHAL VS KAAMAM.. You also agreed with that one

I think u r referring ANBU part of it.. I am just expressing my opinions about KAADHAL VS KAAMAM and not ANBU VS KAAMAM (as how u interpreted it). HOpe I am clear.

Beg to differ with your likeness and Hunger part of it.

Love and Lust are like "Interest" and "desire".. The next step in love results in Lust ... i.e., Interest becoming a desire and a burning desire or passion..

bingleguy
21st March 2006, 06:36 PM
Great interpretation Selva :clap:
As rightly said ... Love n Love cannot be seperated ...

n for obvious reasons Anbu is very different from KaaDal !

Good Post Selva !

Shakthiprabha.
21st March 2006, 06:45 PM
I think if u had read his post carefully he had mentioned about some distant relative who lead a love filled life without lust (NOT BROTHER, SISTER, DAD MOM) with her husband.

love is basis..... basic.........

lust arises when needed and IF needed.

lvoe can strive on its own.

powerful than lust.

I disagree, for successful love(between married couple) LUST is compulsory.

i FEEL LOVE is compulsory

bingleguy
21st March 2006, 06:56 PM
Even the very feeling ......is LUST ! Doesnt mean that it has to be physically felt !

The very feeling of liking the physical appearance is also LUST !

it runs in ur mind ... n not necessarily known to everybody !

???????????????????

pavalamani pragasam
21st March 2006, 07:00 PM
YERkanavE Radha-Krishna paRRi pEsi pathetically misunderstood aanathaal thesis ezuthum aLavukku matter uLLa topic paRRi moochchu vida bayamaayirukkiRathu!!!

selvakumar
21st March 2006, 07:04 PM
I think if u had read his post carefully he had mentioned about some distant relative who lead a love filled life without lust (NOT BROTHER, SISTER, DAD MOM) with her husband.

If u do have a relook into that post, you can understand that they are not able to deal with the lust part of it now.

But if u ask them, then they will agree with the fact that Lust did play a great role along with love(like a partner) in improving their married life.

Currently, they cannot deal with the lust part of it. But if it is, then it might have increased their love definitly.

But in the old age, love that was developed by lust over the years, dominates lust, In the young age, Lust dominates love and helps love in converting itself into a burning desire / crazy love.

I do agree with you that love is the basic thing when starting our married / love life. But the kick start is always provided by Lust. Without lust, the feeling of oneness never arises. Even if it arises, that will be a bit weak and won't be that much powerful when compared to Lust part of it.

selvakumar
21st March 2006, 07:07 PM
Even the very feeling ......is LUST ! Doesnt mean that it has to be physically felt !

The very feeling of liking the physical appearance is also LUST !

it runs in ur mind ... n not necessarily known to everybody !

???????????????????

Again a good one BG. :clap: Many people misunderstand Lust thinking that it has only physical connections.. IMHO, Lust is one step next to love in converting ourself from saying "both of us" to "we" / "us"

Lust - Higher version of Love / crazy / mad / etc

Love - a bit lower which can be depicted though somethings.

Shakthiprabha.
21st March 2006, 07:29 PM
pp maam,

we are eager for ur views.

LUST IS HIGHER VERSION THAN LOVE? :roll:

I am clueless what to say.

selvakumar
21st March 2006, 07:37 PM
SP,
Most of u people misunderstood my point. I never hailed Love above Lust and vice versa..

What I said was - Both work together and the effects of Lust are much more in uniting the people and creating a feeling of oneness.

Both work together at many times. That is my point. I never said that it is lust that creates everything blahblah.. HOpe I am clear.

Sinthiya
21st March 2006, 08:11 PM
I agree with you that we cannot separate the two. IMHO, Love makes the people connected for a long period of time. But during the initial years, it is the lust that increases their love life. Though lust has little presence when compared to love, that little presence indirectly influence the love on the concerned person. My point is : Lust has an indirect impact in increasing the love on a particular person. I am talking about pure love and the lust that is connected with it. I am not referring the plain lust that we can have on anybody. Ultimately, during the initial bonding, lust dominates love and opens the doors the pure love.

I agree with you....I think during the intial stages of a relationship between a couple (not family, pets, etc.), lust dominates love because you need to have the desire/want to see, talk, hang out with that individual. There is something about him/her that makes you want to be with them - initially, that's lust. Obviously, we can't say that lust can turn into love. In some cases, the lust is simply a crush-and you get over it; and in other cases, it blossoms into love, which is real. I believe, that can happen with only one person - you better half. Lust is natural - it's like a crush.

So, you can't have pure love without lust - it's part love. Ultimately, to maintain and strengthen the relationship over the marriage years, pure love should rise above lust. And even then, you need a little bit of lust. Either way, I think lust and love go hand in hand; can't have love without lust.

selvakumar
21st March 2006, 08:19 PM
<dgn>
sinthu,
Got to go now.. will reply to this one tomorrow..
</dgn>

pavalamani pragasam
21st March 2006, 08:34 PM
SP, naan intha aattaththukku varala! "perusukalukku" ennaththa perusaa therinjsirukkap pOkuthu??? :wink:

pavalamani pragasam
21st March 2006, 08:42 PM
YEn iraNdu pEr orE avathaaraththai eduththurukkiReerkaL???

gorgeous gaayini
22nd March 2006, 02:40 AM
Some people like my cousin :banghead: fall in love through internet....

she lives here in england her boyfriend that she has never met :rotfl: lives in Sri Lanka, in jaffna.....

possible? :roll: :oops:

malsi
22nd March 2006, 02:45 AM
why are you laughing at your cousin gaayini..i feel that you shouldnt be making fun of her situation..well.it is something that she and her bf have to decide for themselves..whether it is possible or not..not you..not me..and not anyone else..

gorgeous gaayini
22nd March 2006, 03:20 AM
No no athu ila...i'm laughing and irritated by her cos she doesnt even know if he is a 80 year old stranger playing with her...and she is soo seriously in deep love with him....i mean internet love through which friends connect u with people is fine because u can trust friends and u will know if its a stranger or not...and its more safe...but this girl...my cousins...goes into a chat room and picks out a guy at random and has been loving for 2 years or so....:banghead: what if he is not the person he says he is....riddiculous.

why are you laughing at your cousin gaayini..i feel that you shouldnt be making fun of her situation..well.it is something that she and her bf have to decide for themselves..whether it is possible or not..not you..not me..and not anyone else..

selvakumar
22nd March 2006, 06:47 PM
.I think during the intial stages of a relationship between a couple (not family, pets, etc.), lust dominates love because you need to have the desire/want to see, talk, hang out with that individual. There is something about him/her that makes you want to be with them - initially, that's lust.

Well.. I would like to say that those initial stages are crucial. Infact lust determines the permanent love realtionship between the two at this time. so, Lust dominates the love more in this time. Eventually, or over a period of time, they understand each other and after that the part played by lust decreases and love that grew out of the lust fills the rest of the life. Again, I don't want to refer lust as mere crush. Crush is not the one that we can have on a single person. Even that can be had on some of our favorite people and others. IMHO, crush and lust are two different things. Lust operates along with love. but crush :roll: it might operate alone (or arise in a single person rather than in both the minds)

Obviously, we can't say that lust can turn into love. In some cases, the lust is simply a crush-and you get over it; and in other cases, it blossoms into love, which is real. I believe, that can happen with only one person - you better half. Lust is natural - it's like a crush.

NO.. The result of the lust mainly determines the love. It is the lust during the initial days acts as a bedrock for the love plant to grow. I do agree with u that it can happen on only one person. Lust and love goes hand in hand in this part

So, you can't have pure love without lust - it's part love. Ultimately, to maintain and strengthen the relationship over the marriage years, pure love should rise above lust. And even then, you need a little bit of lust. Either way, I think lust and love go hand in hand; can't have love without lust.

No need for love to rise above lust. It depends on the people under consideration. For eg, even in old age, we depict our love towards somebody thru low profile lust like kissing on the forehead etc. It need not be a pure physical relationship. Even they can join hands, stay close together to depict their love through such low profile lust things.

Shakthiprabha.
22nd March 2006, 07:03 PM
SELVAKUMAR DEFINES lust as anythign to do with physical contact :ROLL:

:|

selvakumar
22nd March 2006, 07:08 PM

ofcoure SP.

If we kiss on a baby's forehead then that will depict our love.

But if we .............. then it will be a combination of love+lust.

Hope I won't go further into this. :|

great
22nd March 2006, 08:08 PM

ofcoure SP.

If we kiss on a baby's forehead then that will depict our love.

But if we .............. then it will be a combination of love+lust.

Hope I won't go further into this. :|

Machi, rocking explanation :lol: :lol:

bingleguy
22nd March 2006, 08:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Selva .... yengayo poiteenga ;-)

selvakumar
22nd March 2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks great machi :D and vasanth :D

Sinthiya
22nd March 2006, 09:55 PM
Selva...thanks for your response. I think I've confused my self even more now... :roll: ...but this is what I think:

First, I don't think we can separate the two - I think True LOVE is based on LUST, friendship, trust and many other things. And I think lust is a bigger part of love in the initial stages of love between a couple. Over time...during marriage years, other components such as trust, beliefs and values, friendship, etc will dominate. Yet, lust still exists - like you said, simply kissing on the forehead, holding hands, staying close are lustful, and it happens because even at old age, they are still very much in love.

I think lust is natural for all of us - we can feel lust towards more than one person over our life time. What I mean by lust is the desire to talk, see, be around that individual - not physical relationship. But in the end, lust becomes love (part of) with only one special person and you take it a step further by expressing your love and establishing a relationship. I feel lust is SIMILAR to crush, but they not the same. Crush is a simple feeling of attraction towards someone (ie. 'he's cute...i really like him') - nothing like lust. Then again, I believe crush can lead to lust, and eventually become part of love. And it all depends on the individual and his/her circumstances.

I hope this makes some sense... :roll: .... :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
23rd March 2006, 04:25 PM
So nobody agrees love can exist with the concern person IWTHOUT LUST>????????????

selvakumar
23rd March 2006, 04:56 PM
So nobody agrees love can exist with the concern person IWTHOUT LUST>????????????

No..SP, several people have already accepted your view. :D

Ofcouse a very few people like selva view it in a different way :)

Chappani
23rd March 2006, 05:58 PM
Selva,

Somehow I just can't accept your arguement that Love can exist only with Lust OR rather it starts off with LUST.

When a person is in true love with the other person he sees to that there is no pain to the other person to the extent to give up sex if it pains the other person, This happend in one of my fiend's life :). Lateron then went to Gynacologist and set things right.

The basic definition of Love is the willingness to give oneself without expecting anything in return, if there is any expectation then there is no love there. In your case Love starts when the partners are satisfied with their basic needs.

You arguement may be acceptable when young people are in love, between the age group 18 - 27 years or so. For late starters in love your arguement may not be valid.

Chappani
23rd March 2006, 06:14 PM
But what is your Signature Selva?? :))
I can make out you are a yet to be married young Man, which endorses your arguements.

Shakthiprabha.
23rd March 2006, 06:23 PM
chappani

:thumbsup:

selvakumar
23rd March 2006, 06:28 PM
Somehow I just can't accept your arguement that Love can exist only with Lust OR rather it starts off with LUST.

I beg to differ. You are viewing lust in the hightest point of it. There are also small things in love, that proves the existance of lust. I hope u might have read my definition on that baby case. Even if a pair walks along the street, keeping their hands together, then there will be some portion of lust associated with that love.

When a person is in true love with the other person he sees to that there is no pain to the other person to the extent to give up sex if it pains the other person, This happend in one of my fiend's life :). Lateron then went to Gynacologist and set things right.

Sorry friend. I don't want to discuss whether sexual life has anything associated with love / lust. IMHO, As per the definition, of ancient works, IF WE LOOK AT A PERSON WITH INTEREST, THAT ITSELF IS TAKEN AS THE LOSS OF VIRTUE. In such case, if a pair (who don't have the passibility of sexual life), look into their eyes and do painless things, then that will show the existence of LOVE + LUST.

See, Parasuraama's father asked him to kill his mother just coz that she viewed at Indra for a moment. hope I am clear.

The basic definition of Love is the willingness to give oneself without expecting anything in return, if there is any expectation then there is no love there. In your case Love starts when the partners are satisfied with their basic needs.

My friend, I never said anything against Love. But the moment Love(kaathal) starts between a pair, that triggers the lust part associated with it. That doesn't mean that lust+love combination expects everything from the other partner.

You arguement may be acceptable when young people are in love, between the age group 18 - 27 years or so. For late starters in love your arguement may not be valid.

No.. IT can be equally applied to old people also. Refer my above example. Lust doesn't imply only the sexual contact. Even minor versions of lust do matter a lot in love life.

selvakumar
23rd March 2006, 06:30 PM
But what is your Signature Selva?? :))
I can make out you are a yet to be married young Man, which endorses your arguements.

My signature meaning:
----------------------

"I am a hero for you babe 8-) ., but a villan for your dresses :twisted: "

------------------

Chappani,
Ofcourse I am not married. (I am not sure whether I will do it in the future).

But just coz that I am unmarried, that doesn't mean that I have not gone through the proess that u have mentioned. :)

Shakthiprabha.
23rd March 2006, 07:08 PM
selvakumar,

LUST means DESIRE. physical pleasure sought from sexual indulgence. CHECK THE DIC MEANING DUDE.

1. (1) lecherousness, lust, lustfulness -- (a strong sexual desire)
2. (1) lust, luxuria -- (self-indulgent sexual desire (personified as one of the deadly sins))

pavalamani pragasam
23rd March 2006, 07:25 PM
"kaathal enum ENNam" threadil(poetry section) barani intha subjecttai adiththu thuvaiththu kaayappOttathai kaaNka!

selvakumar
23rd March 2006, 07:35 PM
selvakumar,

LUST means DESIRE. physical pleasure sought from sexual indulgence. CHECK THE DIC MEANING DUDE.

1. (1) lecherousness, lust, lustfulness -- (a strong sexual desire)
2. (1) lust, luxuria -- (self-indulgent sexual desire (personified as one of the deadly sins))

I would request you to do the same with love also. IMHO, Dictionary alone cannot throw a light into this matter. I can show you many popular dictionaries which have defined the meaning in the other way reg love.

here is the sample.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=47427&dict=CALD

to have strong feelings of affection for another adult and be romantically and sexually attracted to them, or to feel great affection for a friend or person in your family:

The fundamental definition of love itself will get a beating if u go by the dictionary.

IMHO, We should view these matters practically.

selvakumar
23rd March 2006, 07:46 PM
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=love

I) A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

Sexual passion.
Sexual intercourse.
A love affair. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction; beloved. Often used as a term of endearment.
An expression of one's affection: Send him my love.

II)
To have a deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward (a person): We love our parents. I love my friends.
To have a feeling of intense desire and attraction toward (a person).
To have an intense emotional attachment to: loves his house.

To embrace or caress.
To have sexual intercourse with.

alwarpet_andavan
23rd March 2006, 08:31 PM
Love might initially appear to be without lust. However, nature (biology) has different plans. Lust is dormant in the cases where love appears to be without lust, just waiting to surface given the right stimuli, environment and mindset. At a subconscious level, lust is always there. Both are different, but while lust can obviously exist without love, in the case of love, (the repressed) lust eventually catches up.

ssanjinika
23rd March 2006, 09:07 PM
my 2 cents..:)

of course love can exist without lust..that is the love u have for ur parents,siblings,friends etc...but love for a person's bf,gf,husband,wife,partner has to have some lust thrown in.They can be as old 80 and still feel that elusive emotion.IMO lust is any need to touch another person.It def could be just the holding of hands or an arm around the shoulder.This feeling is special to couples.One usually does not do that to ur parents or siblings.Its reserved to that one special person in your life.I think that is lust too in a way.I also think this lust is what differenciates all other relationships from that of a husband and wife/gf and bf/partners :).

Lambretta
23rd March 2006, 09:13 PM

of course love can exist without lust..that is the love u have for ur parents,siblings,friends etc...but love for a person's bf,gf,husband,wife,partner has to have some lust thrown in.They can be as old 80 and still feel that elusive emotion.IMO lust is any need to touch another person.It def could be just the holding of hands or an arm around the shoulder.This feeling is special to couples.One usually does not do that to ur parents or siblings.
'found this part of ur 2 cents good, SS! :clap: :D
So wud this be like, 1 3/4 cents.....hmm....I think......:roll:
'was never good at Maths! :P :lol:
Btw, wait.....jus a 2nd thot- wud a momentary crush on sumone also come under the same category of love w/ lust thrown in?? :?
Ther r cases wher ppl. having a crush on sumone dont hav lust on them.....rather they eventually go to the extent of wishing 4 tat person's family's well-being etc.! :)

ssanjinika
23rd March 2006, 09:20 PM
what is a momentary crush lamby??
Just a pure affection for another person..without any thought of spending time with that person?U mean to tell me that when ur infatuated with a person u dont give anythot to spending the rest of ur life with that person? And if u do ..what do u propose to be doing for the rest of ur life with that person?Initial Attraction based on sight is a form of physical attraction rite?Neways a crush cannot be classified as love rite?

Lambretta
23rd March 2006, 09:37 PM
Just a pure affection for another person..without any thought of spending time with that person?U mean to tell me that when ur infatuated with a person u dont give anythot to spending the rest of ur life with that person? And if u do ..what do u propose to be doing for the rest of ur life with that person?Initial Attraction based on sight is a form of physical attraction rite?Neways a crush cannot be classified as love rite?
Hmm.....r u sure abt tat? :)
Well, as for momentary crush I meant like the "puppy love" or teenage crushes we hav tat seem to last only during tat phase & normally tend to die out.....in most cases of teenage ther wud be lust playing a major role in such crushes but I reckon tat may be bcos of the hormonal effect @ tat age rather than deliberate? :huh:
I donno how common this cud be, I was actually saying this from my personal experience wher at tat age I once had a crush on sumone but never had ne thots abt spending my life/time w/ her wenever I thot of/saw her......as tat 'crush' grew past my adolescence, I found it was hardly based on lust.....or maybe bcos in my mind I'd resolved not to think of her in tat way, feeling tat it was wrong.......?
However to this day I do wish tat I hav a wife who is like her in appearance/attire/attitude but again, honestly no lust in my thots abt her in this regard.....rather I find myself wishing for her husband's/children's well-being etc. wen I think of her.....! :)

Hence my qsn......:)

goodsense
23rd March 2006, 11:56 PM
My two cents.

Love is inward, unconditional and stable. The people you love you always love them even after years and even after feuds and ruffles. Lust is more outward, fluctuates since its conditional based on material and sexual things and even jealousy.

And I find the definitions put forward by Selva, very interesting:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=love

I) A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.

A love affair. An intense emotional attachment, as for a pet or treasured object.
A person who is the object of deep or intense affection or attraction.

gorgeous gaayini
24th March 2006, 12:36 AM
i have never been through to say... :cry:
but seen many cases which has only LOVE.

gorgeous gaayini
24th March 2006, 12:38 AM
My old crush....i liked him before seeing his face....and once i saw it...i thought..OMG what an ugly dude! but still i liked him. crush is not always lust :roll:

but now i'm laughing at myself for liking him... :lol: ...i dont know why... :lol:

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 10:10 AM

of course love can exist without lust..that is the love u have for ur parents,siblings,friends etc...but love for a person's bf,gf,husband,wife,partner has to have some lust thrown in.

But SJ, We are not discussing about Love (Anbu).. but Love(Kaadhal). I do agree with you points. Infact, you are bang on target :thumbsup:

They can be as old 80 and still feel that elusive emotion.IMO lust is any need to touch another person.It def could be just the holding of hands or an arm around the shoulder.This feeling is special to couples.One usually does not do that to ur parents or siblings.Its reserved to that one special person in your life.I think that is lust too in a way.I also think this lust is what differenciates all other relationships from that of a husband and wife/gf and bf/partners :).

:clap: :clap:

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 10:17 AM
Love might initially appear to be without lust. However, nature (biology) has different plans. Lust is dormant in the cases where love appears to be without lust, just waiting to surface given the right stimuli, environment and mindset. At a subconscious level, lust is always there. Both are different, but while lust can obviously exist without love, in the case of love, (the repressed) lust eventually catches up.

:clap: :clap:

Sanguine Sridhar
24th March 2006, 10:23 AM
Check it how is this...

"Love without lust is waste
Lust without love is taste "

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 10:57 AM
Check it how is this...

"Love without lust is waste
Lust without love is taste "

Is it ur own phrase? :lol:

Both the lines are contradictory in their own way :lol:

bingleguy
24th March 2006, 11:03 AM
NO Selva .....wat way do u say they are contrdictory ?

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 11:09 AM
NO Selva .....wat way do u say they are contrdictory ?

Love without lust ===> Love alone ==> Love is waste

Lust without love ==> Lust alone ==> Lust is taste.

This is what he meant. Hope u get it. :D

bingleguy
24th March 2006, 11:13 AM
:clap: :clap: Got that :)
point taken ;-)

bingleguy
24th March 2006, 11:15 AM
Probably he meant in another way ;-) saying Without Lust Love is waste and without love, lust is just taste ....

This stands as the corrrect meaning of the sentence ... but i appreciate ur reading between the lines selva ;-) Good goin !

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 11:38 AM
Probably he meant in another way ;-) saying Without Lust Love is waste and without love, lust is just taste ....

This stands as the corrrect meaning of the sentence ... but i appreciate ur reading between the lines selva ;-) Good goin !

:notworthy: :D

Raikkonen
24th March 2006, 11:41 AM
Love leads to lust

Shakthiprabha.
24th March 2006, 03:18 PM
I guess as usual, I am alone in this argument too.

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 03:36 PM
I guess as usual, I am alone in this argument too.

What happened shakthi? Seems you are expecting someone to answer :?

I think Chappani was there.. :?:

Shakthiprabha.
24th March 2006, 04:15 PM
hmm...

chappani also agreed that LUST is underlying. (I suppose)

I did not expect anyone to answer.

I was just wondering if ppl can see, THERE CAN BE LOFTY ULTIMATE LOVE, which scores ABSOLUTE ZERO in lust or physical urge to seek pleasure.

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 05:15 PM
I was just wondering if ppl can see, THERE CAN BE LOFTY ULTIMATE LOVE, which scores ABSOLUTE ZERO in lust or physical urge to seek pleasure.

Such a love(anbu) can be possible with father, brother etc.

Just how like how A_A mentioned, Love(Kaathal) might appear to be alone. But there will be lust working in the background.

This is the truth.. (practically).

Shakthiprabha.
24th March 2006, 05:22 PM

Working in the background?

I think LUST, if present, is too powerful THAT IT DOES NOT STAY IN BACKGROUND.

It gushes out with full force and establishes its prescence.

Nature of LUST I suppose is WILD AND RAW.
Nature of LOVE is polished and refined.

So, lust I SUPPOSE cannot be hidden in background.

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 05:58 PM
You are talking about the higher version of lust SP.

Anyhow, love and lust work together. IMHO, both are required for happy life. :D (previous discussions)

pavalamani pragasam
24th March 2006, 06:24 PM
Love enum kaattaaRRu veLLaththai love enum iru karaikaLukkuL odukki Oda seyyaththaan kalyaaNam enRa oru naakareekaththai thORRuviththaarkaL!

Sinthiya
24th March 2006, 08:07 PM
Love without lust ===> Love alone ==> Love is waste
Lust without love ==> Lust alone ==> Lust is taste.
good thinking, selva....i didn't see it this way at all...

Anyhow, love and lust work together. IMHO, both are required for happy life.
exactly

SP :), I can see where you're coming from...but we're talking about the the love between husband & wife, boy friend & girl friend, partners (not the the love you have for family and friends). You honestly believe there is absolutely zero lust between them? I don't think so...Lust isn't everything in ultimate love, but it's still an important part of love. We don't realize it, but it there.

just my thoughts....pls don't take any offence.... :)

Shakthiprabha.
24th March 2006, 08:33 PM
sinthiya,

I dont believe every pair can have it.
I wish to state, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY of JUST LOVE with no LUST. :) (May be a rarity, yet it does exist). Yeah ofcourse I am talkin bout wife/hus relationship only.

////////I can see where you're coming from.../////////

U lost me here :? come again plz.

ssanjinika
24th March 2006, 08:39 PM
SP,I disagree with u when u say lust is such a strong emotion that it does not stay in the background.I think it can.Any pair romantically involved (Lamby,GG pls note:I stress..pair and romantically involved here :P) has lust in the background.Whether they act upon it or not is anyones guess.If there is no lust in the background ,then I would think that theres something seriously wrong with them.
Refer to chappani's first post,he said that his friend refused to act upon his feelings bcoz his wife was not able to(she was physically not fit).Nowhere does it say that he(chappani's friend) didnt have those feelings.I dont think its in human nature.IMO a healthy dose of lust makes a relationship more strong and fun :).

Sanguine Sridhar
24th March 2006, 08:42 PM
I am not very sure what is there in this topic?

In the age lesser than 16 You never know what is lust or love rather you have some curiosity to know about that.

In the age from 16 to 20 you know what is love(Including Infactuations) and lust, but which one exceeds? it depends from person to person.A bunch of people will have interest on love and a set will have interest on the lust.It depends on the persons individual brought up and environment.

In the age range from 20 to 40 .. You marry somebody and you definitely need lust to increase your generation but You will love your partner also(Illana veetula saapadu kedaikuma :roll: )..Infact both lust and love will be weighed equally in this period.

Above 40... Love wins lust by a big margin.That is the pure love.25 to 30 years of married life ..lived a complete life..Shared everything..And definitely Love leads lust here...

So age is the biggest factor..It is the one which descides whether you prefer Love or Lust.So according to my view Lust might lead Love before your marriage....Again this is applicable if you are a normal human being :lol2:

Shakthiprabha.
24th March 2006, 08:45 PM
I WISH TO WITHDRAW from this argument ATLEAST temporarily.

NO OFFENSE please :)

carry on all.

Sinthiya
24th March 2006, 10:35 PM
sinthiya,
I dont believe every pair can have it.
I wish to state, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY of JUST LOVE with no LUST. :) (May be a rarity, yet it does exist). Yeah ofcourse I am talkin bout wife/hus relationship only.
ok...maybe...rare situations...i understand....
even then, i think there is a little bit of lust...that's just me....

////////I can see where you're coming from.../////////
U lost me here :? come again plz.
i'm sorry for the confusion...that's my slang for 'i understand what you're saying'....that's all....

Shakthiprabha.
25th March 2006, 01:44 PM
:D kewl sinthiya.

I actually feel stranded and quite lost as to how to argue with so many of u.

May be u all have a point. (u talk bout 99 percent of cases)

May be I have a point too (I talk about the rarest 1 percent case)

yet, majority wins.

so cheers to all of you. :)

Lambretta
25th March 2006, 01:56 PM
IMO a healthy dose of lust makes a relationship more strong and fun :).
U may be rite.....but only upto a certain period & in certain quantities......u've got to know wher to draw the line! :)
Jus like a healthy dose of spice makes the dish more tasty & exciting but mus be cautious abt how to add & at wat point while cooking the dish.....adding too much or at the wrong time of cooking wud make the dish itself unfit for eating! And u surely cant substitute the spice as the salt of the dish at ne time!
Besides, IMO even otherwise u cud always manage having the dish minus the spice if the latter is unavailable for sum reason......?
Phew....best eg. I cud think of! :P :D

ssanjinika
25th March 2006, 06:43 PM
U may be rite.....but only upto a certain period & in certain quantities......u've got to know wher to draw the line! :)

U got that rite Lamby!
Anything in moderation :).Alavukku meeriNal amirthamum vishyam aagum!

Sanguine Sridhar
26th March 2006, 03:07 PM
Today no updation in this topic...??? Very Strange!

selvakumar
26th March 2006, 05:15 PM

UPdation:

We have won the battle :lol2:

kb
27th March 2006, 02:43 AM
LOVE IS FELT WHEN LUST IS NOT POSSIBLE both b4 marraige and after 40's

Shakthiprabha.
27th March 2006, 02:58 PM

UPdation:

We have won the battle :lol2:

:roll: :shock: :evil: :oops: :( :cry: :hammer:

selvakumar
27th March 2006, 05:00 PM
SP,

Summa just for fun (for sridhar)

:D

bingleguy
27th March 2006, 05:45 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shakthiprabha.
27th March 2006, 07:48 PM
vasanth,

whats so funny :P :twisted:

Chappani
3rd May 2006, 04:56 PM
This is a nice article very relevant to this topic,
it gives a new insight in the way the people of the the two sexes see sex and love.

http://in.rediff.com/getahead/2005/jul/25rashmi.htm

bingleguy
3rd May 2006, 05:00 PM
Welcome Chappani ... u reopend a great thread !

Chappani
3rd May 2006, 07:30 PM
I sense its a sarcastic compliment, thanks anyway :) .
Please take forward this thread from here... Thanks

great
3rd May 2006, 07:34 PM
That was not scarcastic comment Mr.Kamal(16 vayathunilae)

btwn what happend to the avtaar you use to sport

Agni
8th May 2006, 03:26 PM
Lust.

have u seen one old tamil movie(sorry i forgot the tiltle),in that the hero is very excitement in his marriage,he was waiting for that for long long days,finally he got married.

after finished the usual programs.he was waiting in bed room for his girl.

she came there, he was in excitemnt,
she kept closely 50 paise coin in her palm and asked him wats there inside, he told no of answers all going wrong, finally she showed.he shocked

50 paisa coinaaaaaaaa ??? :evil: :evil:

then she explained this is wat Lust, you are expecting lot but nothing is there......

Agni
8th May 2006, 03:30 PM
Love.

Kadhal feeling is different.
athu engo oru idathula valikkanum.
engannu teriyathu.eppadinnu puriyathu.
oru aanantha valiya irukkanum.
athu ennanu teriyama mulikkanum. 8-)

Unmaiya kadhalicha nee kadhalikkravangalai paakanummnnu avsiyamaillai.

Paakamale dedura antha sugame thani. :roll:

Lambretta
8th May 2006, 03:33 PM
Lust.
have u seen one old tamil movie(sorry i forgot the tiltle),in that the hero is very excitement in his marriage,he was waiting for that for long long days,finally he got married.
after finished the usual programs.he was waiting in bed room for his girl.
she came there, he was in excitemnt,
she kept closely 50 paise coin in her palm and asked him wats there inside, he told no of answers all going wrong, finally she showed.he shocked
50 paisa coinaaaaaaaa ??? :evil: :evil:

then she explained this is wat Lust, you are expecting lot but nothing is there......
Wow, tat sounds like a good story! :D

Hulkster
8th May 2006, 06:08 PM
Love.

Kadhal feeling is different.
athu engo oru idathula valikkanum.
engannu teriyathu.eppadinnu puriyathu.
oru aanantha valiya irukkanum.
athu ennanu teriyama mulikkanum. 8-)

Unmaiya kadhalicha nee kadhalikkravangalai paakanummnnu avsiyamaillai.

Paakamale dedura antha sugame thani. :roll:

Marupiravi yedutta kannadaasa...evala naala yengae poyirunthai?...:notworthy:

Lust

Paarkuruthukku inbam....anubavathil thunbam
Adakki veithaal nanmai....ellei yendral athu saabam
Azhagai thedi varum....athey nerathil azhivum thedi tharum
Mettaiyil uruvu kondaaduvethum ithu naalae
Vazhkaiyudan vilaiyaaduvethum ithu naalae.
Ithu thodarkathaiya ellei karum puliya?
Adakka mudiyuma ellei azhittu poguma?

Love

Ithai ninaipethu perinbam....valiyil maranathunbam
Unarchigalal uyiraadum....kamaathal uyir pogum
Varuvethum theriyaathu....athuvin azhavum ariyaathu
Manasukullae oru inba kanavu....athai maraippethu thattalikkum saavu
Unarchigalin uchamae ithu thaan
Unarchigalin maraivum ithu thaan
Ithu yendrendrum siragadikkum inba puyala ellei manithargalin vazhkaiyil puyaaladum sothanaiya?
Ithu kuppidamal varuvetha ellei kuptu povetha?

Shakthiprabha.
8th May 2006, 06:14 PM
Agni,

what a definition :)
ungalai parthu thaan kaathal padam eduthirukkaangalo :D

kidding :)

Shakthiprabha.
8th May 2006, 06:15 PM
regarding lust......

can u tell me which movie it is?

Agni
8th May 2006, 07:52 PM
regarding lust......

can u tell me which movie it is?

Dear Sp i forgot the movie name

Pandiyarajan the actor and i forgot the heroiene name.

Agni
8th May 2006, 08:01 PM
[quote=Agni]Love.

Lust

Paarkuruthukku inbam....anubavathil thunbam
Adakki veithaal nanmai....ellei yendral athu saabam
Azhagai thedi varum....athey nerathil azhivum thedi tharum
Mettaiyil uruvu kondaaduvethum ithu naalae
Vazhkaiyudan vilaiyaaduvethum ithu naalae.
Ithu thodarkathaiya ellei karum puliya?
Adakka mudiyuma ellei azhittu poguma?

Dear Hulk,

Lust without Love is waste,
but athe nerathula Lust illatha vaalkaium illai,Thagam edutha thanni kudi, :roll:
athu tappunnu solvanga,namma pasanga naan antha mathree illappa nnu solvanga, chance kidakkthavngathan appdi solliruppanga.

enakke ore kulppama irukku. onnu illma matronru illai, :roll:

Lust have the Limit not for LOVE.

Agni
8th May 2006, 08:13 PM
Agni,

what a definition :)
ungalai parthu thaan kaathal padam eduthirukkaangalo :D

kidding :)

Neenga kadhalichirkkengala ?

enakku 2-3 experience irukkuthu, sila nerangalil sila manitharkal solvangala. athe mathree irunthiukkanga. 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
8th May 2006, 08:57 PM
agni,

Neenga kadhalichirkkengala ?

kathal illama vazhkai unda :wink:
I am normal human being with normal emotions. :)

Ghlli
8th May 2006, 11:46 PM
i dont know the meaning of both :P

I am a v v v gd girl :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
9th May 2006, 12:23 AM
gaayuuuuuuu,

please continue to be so. :wink: you are too young to know the meaning :D :P

Lambretta
9th May 2006, 12:26 AM

Aye gundu......poyi sollrey! :poke: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
9th May 2006, 12:27 AM

Lambretta
9th May 2006, 12:29 AM
SP akka, avo ippidi pollatha irunthathuku oru tharuvu ava kannathe killunguh! :wink: :P :lol:

Ghlli
9th May 2006, 12:35 AM

i know how to say lies :rotfl:

gaayuuuuuuu,

Ghlli
9th May 2006, 12:36 AM
:roll: oh :o

Aye gundu......poyi sollrey! :poke: :lol:

Lambretta
9th May 2006, 12:38 AM

Aama gundu....engaluku theriyatha enna! :P :twisted: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
9th May 2006, 12:38 AM
cha cha kutti gaayu kannam killina valikkum :)
pavam pogattum vidunga. but everytime i see her pic, i control the urge :D :lol:

Ghlli
9th May 2006, 12:40 AM
athu enaku theriyum :lol:

Aama gundu....engaluku theriyatha enna! :P :twisted: :lol:

Ghlli
9th May 2006, 12:41 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: i'm scared to see u now :oops: i should cover my face with the black thing muslim people wear :lol:

pavam pogattum vidunga. but everytime i see her pic, i control the urge :D :lol:

Lambretta
9th May 2006, 12:42 AM
pavam pogattum vidunga.
SP akka........naanum chumma kindal-aa thaan sonne! :lol:

but everytime i see her pic, i control the urge :D :lol:
Ahaaa!!! I KNEW it......!! :P :rotfl: :rotfl:

Neways, wow! cant blieve wat time it is now.....ciao! :wave:

Shakthiprabha.
9th May 2006, 12:56 AM
ciao lambretta. :D

gaayu, naan killa matten. Let that not stop u from meeting me :lol:

Ghlli
9th May 2006, 01:28 AM
:rotfl: thank god, i beta put my cheeks on a diet :rotfl:

bye bye lamby :wave:

i have more than 3 serious crushes right now....is it love :huh:

Thunderbird
9th May 2006, 01:50 AM

gaayuuuuuuu,

ok ok naan nambitEn :roll:

ajithfederer
9th May 2006, 01:52 AM
correction...u know only to say lies........ :poke: :rotfl:

gaayuuuuuuu,

r_o_j_a
9th May 2006, 02:17 AM
for me love is when the guy is willing to do anything for the girl.
He waits for her , spends quality time with her (not being overprotective) , respects her views.
loves her for what she is, her personality and not for her attractive looks and other attached materialistic elements.

lust is simply temporary , it often leads to unhappiness. for example guy loves girl purely for looks and they agree to be in a relationship. it doesn't work out because of differences.

Ghlli
9th May 2006, 02:40 AM
ok..... :roll:

ok ok naan nambitEn :roll:

Ghlli
9th May 2006, 02:41 AM
because i'm ur sister :lol: :poke:

correction...u know only to say lies........ :poke: :rotfl:

gaayuuuuuuu,

Alan
10th May 2006, 03:46 PM
Love without lust is meaningles.
Lust without Love is meaningless ( By lust, I mean sex) Both has to go hand in hand.

selvakumar
10th May 2006, 05:37 PM
Lust without Love is meaningless ( By lust, I mean sex) Both has to go hand in hand.

:clap:

Exactly Alan... :D

crazy
10th May 2006, 05:52 PM

second ok, but first :roll:

thamizhvaanan
10th May 2006, 06:21 PM
love is like 1
lust is like 0
love and lust is 10
love alone is 1
lust alone is 0

:D

PS: how weird can i get ?:roll: :roll: must be the hulk effect!!

dsath
10th May 2006, 06:21 PM
Love is like a delicious plate of food cooked by an excellent cook.
Lust is like salt.

If you just eat the food without the salt its good, but tastes better with just the right amount of salt.
Too much salt makes the food inedible.

thamizhvaanan
10th May 2006, 06:24 PM
:thumbsup:
:notworthy: :notworthy: neengalam VK pada dialogue ezhudha vendiayavanga :notworthy: edam mari vandhutteenga!

selvakumar
10th May 2006, 06:30 PM
Dsath.. Nice example :D :lol:

:rotfl: @ Thamizh

I have already discussed enough on this topic (in the previous pages)

Chilling out :P :)

Hulkster
10th May 2006, 06:34 PM
Wow most people think that lust is a ingredient of love...guess im alone in thinking that love is completely of emotions and understanding...i see lust as something that is situated to beauty and physicality.

thamizhvaanan
10th May 2006, 06:39 PM
lust is an important portion of love! any couple who have had long lasting relation will tell you that!

Hulkster
10th May 2006, 06:45 PM
Thats what i thought too but i have second reservations...usually people follow the way the standards of love have been set but i have a strong opposition to that.

After looking at love i dunnot believe love has to be expressed by touching or kissing or holding hands as if you really love somebody...whether your together or not you can feel it inside you and your emotions only flow...lust is something most couples accept which sometimes can make or break relationships...im not saying that those who use lust do not love...there are people who love each other truly but they too seem to follow the "standards" of love which has the kissing and touching to believe that love needs lust.

It may seem abit mundane to you guys but trust me...abit more insight into the situation and you guys will realise love never really came from lust...in fact people only start loving if they like the person's character and the way the person is...and usually if there is lust although there are people who have went for three years and on...it is more of a "trying out" type and rarely do we have love blossoming out of such cases. Moreover lust induced relationships neva prosper.

crazy
10th May 2006, 06:45 PM
lust is an important portion of love! any couple who have had long lasting relation will tell you that!

anubavam pesuthaa!?

Alan
10th May 2006, 08:08 PM

Sex/Lust is the culmination of love, crazy- I know u r too young to understand all this. I don't think Platonic relationships work in the long run- it just gets too boring...ok enuf! :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
10th May 2006, 08:19 PM
Plantonic relatilonships WORK.
on very long runs too.

Most of u are too young to understand that.
If love is true, IT NEVER GETS BORING.

Hulkster
10th May 2006, 08:27 PM
SP akka...i might have to say something about age...age should not be used as a factor of understanding what happens around us...rather how we interpret it should be used as a factor...age is just development...but the mind start learning since we start to feel our surroundings.

Love never gets boring...the moment you have started embracing a person's character and their care for you...it is a life long journey...it can never get boring unless it is a infatuation which totally rules out love.

r_o_j_a
10th May 2006, 08:34 PM

what is the love between mother and child .. of course there is no "lust"

nilavupriyan
10th May 2006, 09:18 PM
there will be a lust in love as love stats with lust mostly!

but not always a love in lust

crazy
11th May 2006, 12:10 PM

Sex/Lust is the culmination of love, crazy- I know u r too young to understand all this. I don't think Platonic relationships work in the long run- it just gets too boring...ok enuf! :wink:

what ever i dont believe in lust in love!i believ love is more than love!
as u said iam too young :?: to understand those things, but when i grew up :roll: i will write my opinion on this!

r_o_j_a
12th May 2006, 04:47 AM
check out this site
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/love/

do you agree with what the BBC site on relationships

Three stages of love
1) lust
2) attraction
3) attachment

Ghlli
12th May 2006, 05:14 AM
omg i just realised that my head teacher doesn't write any of her assemblys!!!!!!

last term...feb 14th..cos it was valentines day...the weeks assemble theme was love...and that says exactly what she said! and then she also read out the whole of those other 5 pages on that link!

omggggg!

rachel
12th May 2006, 06:50 AM
check out this site

Three stages of love
1) lust
2) attraction
3) attachment

The theory goes that the more sex a couple has, the deeper their bond becomes

i completely believe this... :P

Unicorn
12th May 2006, 06:54 AM
:banghead: :banghead:

selvakumar
12th May 2006, 09:01 AM
check out this site

Three stages of love
1) lust
2) attraction
3) attachment

Ya... That is the truth too... Atleast in the initial years of bonding. & a practical approach too :thumbsup:

Thunderbird
12th May 2006, 09:02 AM

bingleguy
12th May 2006, 09:03 AM
Selva machi !

Thunderbird
12th May 2006, 09:05 AM
Could anyone give us a bried description of the topic? :roll:

thamizhvaanan
12th May 2006, 09:08 AM
Could anyone explain me the topic? :?

:banghead: :banghead: idhukku unicornae better!

rachel
12th May 2006, 01:08 PM
check out this site

Three stages of love
1) lust
2) attraction
3) attachment

Ya... That is the truth too... Atleast in the initial years of bonding. & a practical approach too :thumbsup:

not only in initial years.... :roll: throughout the marriage life :roll:

where there is will there is a way :roll:

Lambretta
12th May 2006, 01:46 PM

But wat if one is not able to, u know- perform accordingly even initially? Does the bond not deepen otherwise? :roll:
Then how practical wud tat be, guys? :huh:

selvakumar
12th May 2006, 01:49 PM

not only in initial years.... :roll: throughout the marriage life :roll:

where there is will there is a way :roll:

I meant it will play a major role in the initial years. & ofcourse throughout the life too. But the intensity is minimal.

Lambretta
12th May 2006, 01:56 PM
I meant it will play a major role in the initial years. & ofcourse throughout the life too. But the intensity is minimal.
Got tat macha........but my qsn. wat if one of the partners is not able to be satisfactory even in the initial stage?? :?

great
12th May 2006, 02:10 PM
Got tat macha........but my qsn. wat if one of the partners is not able to be satisfactory even in the initial stage?? :? :lol: :lol: good question 8-)

selvakumar
12th May 2006, 02:12 PM
Got tat macha........but my qsn. wat if one of the partners is not able to be satisfactory even in the initial stage?? :?

definitly it will be act as a trouble in achieving 100% Best out of the relationship. We might have strange exceptions. But The reality is: If they were capable of getting that, then it would have been much more better than what their present situation could be. :oops:

dsath
12th May 2006, 02:16 PM

Not only this, any other crinkles in a realtionship can also be ironed out by LOVE.
Thats why its said that love and lust go hand in hand.

Alan
12th May 2006, 02:22 PM
Ok, from my experience, I have grown to love my wife more after marriage ( after physical contact)- Now, I realise what I had towards her before is nothing compared to what I have now- now its like I just can't live without her ( no- not for the sex) but the mental bond that sex brings in. But if she can't have sex with me later on due to some mishap( God forbid), that does not mean, I'll leave her.

nilavupriyan
12th May 2006, 06:14 PM
omg i just realised that my head teacher doesn't write any of her assemblys!!!!!!

last term...feb 14th..cos it was valentines day...the weeks assemble theme was love...and that says exactly what she said! and then she also read out the whole of those other 5 pages on that link!

omggggg!

kids allowed to this topic! :?

Lambretta
12th May 2006, 06:45 PM
Not only this, any other crinkles in a realtionship can also be ironed out by LOVE.
Thats why its said that love and lust go hand in hand.
Hmm.....yea tat makes sense too I s'pose....:)

Lambretta
12th May 2006, 06:47 PM
omggggg!
kids allowed to this topic! :?
Who says kids've got to be like kids nowadays?! :P :lol: :lol:

Ghlli
12th May 2006, 09:44 PM
excellent answer lamby! :lol:

:poke: @ moonpriyan :poke:

nilavupriyan
12th May 2006, 10:01 PM
excellent answer lamby! :lol:

:poke: @ moonpriyan :poke:

8-) :twisted: