PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever met / spoken to your Icon

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 02:35 PM
We normally worship our favourite hero, heroene, sports personality, Business tycoon, Politician, Business guru, Music director.... also great personalities like Dr. Abdul Kalam , Dr. M.S.Swaminathan etc etc.....

Some of us might have had the opportunity of meeting your favourite Icon .....

or some might have atleast spoken to them ......

Lets share our personal experiences with our Icon....

What was our imagination about our idol and what we observed and experienced personally after we meet them is all I look forward to from you all

Shall we exchange please .....

bingleguy
9th March 2006, 03:06 PM
I missed it by a call yaaaaar

My icon on writing n screenplay is Director Naaga !

I had given him my number to contact, but when he had called me, i didnt pick up the call ... so bad of me ...................
I was lucky enough to chat with him, but missed the oppurtunity of talkling to him.... but would soon contact him ! Sure .......

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 05:32 PM
hmmmmmm

nopes................

my icons are angels....... and some random pics.

also BETTY COOPER (archie comics char)

yes..... it used to be JOHN / ARJUN once.

nopes............. never spoken/met.

I can live without talkin too.

(Though WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP WITH ACTOR
MADHAVAN one day :D)

Raghu
9th March 2006, 05:41 PM
(Though WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP WITH ACTOR
MADHAVAN one day :D)

aiyo SP acca, ungalukku ena aichu :roll: ,

any ways,

My MOST memorable moment was, when i met DR.SPB along with KSC and DR.KJY, DR.SPB was the HIGHLIGHT!! :) :) :)

swathy
9th March 2006, 05:47 PM
My memorable moment was when I met Rakesh Sharma , the first Indian astronaut to be in space. I was sitting just next to him for 15 mts. My friends were asking his experience this that and all.I didnt ask anything to him.But I was just admiring him :-)

He asked my name . When I said he immediately looked at me. He didn't say anything but just smiled at me. I can't forget that 15 mts

Shakthiprabha.
9th March 2006, 06:20 PM
wowwwwwwwwwwwww swathy.

i ENVY u :thumbsup:

a meeting worth millions. avar avtar mudinja podunga konja nalaikku :)

raghu,

whats wrong in saying i wanna meet madhavan :roll:

:P

S.Balaji
9th March 2006, 06:59 PM
Anyone happened to meet Dr. Abdul Kalam...

I have heard that he is a down to earth personality .....absolutely humble....

Often quotes from Thirukkural... which really thrills me....

From a very modest beginning .... from the down south coast of India to THE HIGHEST OFFICE

I wish I get the opportunity once in life to meet him

NOV
9th March 2006, 07:02 PM
I am mostly on the other side. 8-)

But once I missed the chance to meet up personally with the greatest actor who ever walked this earth. I was supposed to visit him at PJ Hilton with his relative, but due to work commitments had to postpone the visit.
Unfortunately he passed away soon after that and I hated myself for missing the opportunity of a lifetime.
I was in hospital when he died and I literally cried. :cry:
In my own way, I did an anjali for him listened by millions of people; it must be stored away somewhere in TFM Pages too.

rocketboy
9th March 2006, 07:07 PM
Anyone happened to meet Dr. Abdul Kalam...

I have heard that he is a down to earth personality .....absolutely humble....

Often quotes from Thirukkural... which really thrills me....

From a very modest beginning .... from the down south coast of India to THE HIGHEST OFFICE

I wish I get the opportunity once in life to meet him

i have seen him many times from close range. but never got too close.but some of my friends have managed to get autographs from him.

Alan
9th March 2006, 07:58 PM
Meeting Kalam ji is my ultimate dream- I have chatted with Yesudas & Falguni Pathak.

malsi
9th March 2006, 08:59 PM
i have spoken to cemedian vivek..:):)...have seen actor vikram..he was just standing next to me...we were in the airport..but would love to meet DR abdul kalam one day..hmmm...

rain
9th March 2006, 10:23 PM
had a wonderful opportunity to meet and talk to Pres.Bill Clinton. charismatic to the toe. He was patient and friendly and exchanged a few words with each person who came up to take his autograph and there were practically hundreds of them! i will forever cherish the moment and the person who made this happen!!

Pres.abdul kalam is one person i am hoping to meet someday ever since i read his wings of fire.

rakesh sharma had really fired imaginations then,is'nt it?
in fact i remember this on Doordarshan while he was in the shuttle orbiting, PM indira gandhi had enquired him "antariksh se apko bharat kaisa dikta hai? rakesh sharma without missing a beat answered "sare jahan se achcha"!!! that was sooo wow.great u cud meet him.

people who touch ur life in some unknown way but really regret NOT having an opportunity to meet or even see for me is m.s.subbalakshmi, satyajit ray,mother teresa.

this is a wonderful thread.please share more of these experiences.

regards,
rain

RP
9th March 2006, 10:41 PM
Meeting Kalam ji is my ultimate dream- I have chatted with Yesudas & Falguni Pathak.

I had coffee with Javed Akhthar.........and Gulzaar.........Gulzaar is down to earth and very very simple in his dressing.....
Would love to meet Kalaamji myself!!

NM
10th March 2006, 03:15 AM
My icon was already dead when I started worshipping him :cry: ....the great Albert Einstein..something in him just attracts me........guess it's his eyes and his hair... :D

Querida
10th March 2006, 05:49 AM
haha the closest "icons" I've gotten to are my university principals and the mayor...though I have gone to a number concerts it's not the same....

I would still love to meet Rohinton Mistry...but never had the guts to actually go see him for myself :oops:

swathy
10th March 2006, 04:22 PM
I got a chance to meet vijay yesudas

He was not confident of his malayalam and tamil. he spoke in english only :-)

Arthi
10th March 2006, 07:06 PM
My Icon forever is my KRISHNA :), sure 1 fine day i will meet him that mischievous boy

Alan
10th March 2006, 10:43 PM
I've always wanted to meet Mother Teresa but I could not- But I got a hand written letter from her when I sent some money to the missionaries of Charity on the occasion of my 15th b'day!!!!!

Shakthiprabha.
10th March 2006, 11:34 PM
arthi,

Remember to call me too, when u meet ur icon. :)

RP
10th March 2006, 11:55 PM
arthi,

Remember to call me too, when u meet ur icon. :)

You Can Meet HIM in every child.........
:D Why do children ever have to grow up.....?That innocence just disappears!!!!! :cry:

Shakthiprabha.
11th March 2006, 12:08 AM
rp,

:thumbsup:

true. :)

sv
11th March 2006, 01:54 AM
I met Abdhul kalaam-ji. I couldn't go near him or talk to him as the security was tight. I am happy that i could listen to his lecture, it was really motivating. Man of noble thoughts, simple natured, achieved so much in life, still tries to enlighten the minds of young people. How can i express my admiration of him in words?!!
After seeing the film Gandhi i really felt i could have lived in his age! Certainly suitable for the title 'Mahathma' in every aspect.

S.Balaji
11th March 2006, 12:50 PM
SV

Unfortunately.....Mahatma's certain decisions taken then is being widely criticised now !!
Its really sad that what were the circumstances then which made him take those sensitive decisions ( sensible ) ....no one is alive now to explain to us ......

The entire generation of freedom fighters have left us

Lambretta
14th March 2006, 09:20 PM
Unfortunately.....Mahatma's certain decisions taken then is being widey criticised now !!
Bitterly true! :( :x
Neways, as for me, I'd always wanted to meet AB wenever I saw him on TV/in movies.....! Even tried once 4-5 yrs ago to get into KBC but the line was always engaged! :(
Neways, now after I've been inspired by Sri Ramakrishna, Swami Vivekananda, I wish I cud've met them/either of them.....! :D

sv
15th March 2006, 09:35 PM
Gandhiji's simplicity, principles, determination, kindness, his personality is inspirational. If we embrace such a saadhvic way of life, then the world will become a better place. Yes, some of his political decisions are criticized. I cannot comment on that.
Lambretta, i too like your idols. Look at swathy's icon. We can see the greatness in swami vivikananda's thoughts in his picture. I read somewhere, if the mind is pure it will radiate through one's face. That beauty is beyond skin depth!

Lambretta
15th March 2006, 09:38 PM
Abs. true sv! I know it wud be difficult to emulate these personalities but not impossible.......I guess it all depends on how hard ppl. r prepared to try (& sure they won't be successful in the 1st attempt!)

sv
16th March 2006, 03:21 AM
Yes Lambretta. If one tries to follow their path, he/she will live as a good human being, that is what we call as "success" here, is it not?

Braandan
17th March 2006, 05:41 AM
There are so many icons in my desktop. I had never tried to talk to them. The best I do is double-click on them.

swathy
17th March 2006, 11:43 AM
There are so many icons in my desktop. I had never tried to talk to them. The best I do is double-click on them.

:lol: :lol:

Roshan
17th March 2006, 12:05 PM
Mine is not just one. I have been longing to meet Nelson Mandela, Kamal Hassan and Vairamuthu . I dont know as to when I will get the opportunity :roll:

One of my present colleagues who is an Indian has closely worked with Kamal on a couple of fund rasing projects in TN. He is quite close to Kamal and he had promised me that he would try and get Kamal down here to Sri Lanka for another fund raising project ( dont know how far it is possible :( ) . I felt so jealous when my colleague showed me the photographs taken with Kamal.

Roshan
17th March 2006, 12:06 PM
Mine is not just one. I have been longing to meet Nelson Mandela, Kamal Hassan and Vairamuthu . I dont know as to when I will get the opportunity :roll:

One of my present colleagues who is an Indian has closely worked with Kamal on a couple of fund rasing projects in TN. He is quite close to Kamal and he had promised me that he would try and get Kamal down here to Sri Lanka for another fund raising project ( dont know how far it is possible :( ) . I felt so jealous when my colleague showed me the photographs taken with Kamal.