PDA

View Full Version : Food cravings

Alan
9th March 2006, 08:05 PM
Friends, Indians & Hubbers, you can use this thread to post your at-the-moment food cravings. ok?

Right now- I want some PooriBhaji. What about you? :D

vm
9th March 2006, 09:10 PM
I want fried rice and Gobi manchurian

rain
9th March 2006, 10:26 PM
Puttu-kadala :P :)

RedPepper
9th March 2006, 10:35 PM
I just had my lunch. So I will take some ice cream! Caramel flavor(dulce de leche). :oops:

dev
10th March 2006, 06:59 AM
I would like to have an andhra veg meal at Bheemas, bangalore... :P

cynthia_a02
10th March 2006, 07:29 AM
i want muttai parotta and chicken kurma

Alan
10th March 2006, 04:54 PM
Hmmm.....idli, sambhar, vadai YUMMY!!!

Pushpa
10th March 2006, 05:54 PM
Right now , am longing for hot hot ginger tea and some chilly pakoras .... heaven !!

Hi Red Pepper,
Thanks for replying to my pm. Just saw your blog again and am bowled over by the pizza and esp. the crisp samosa pics. You really feel like reaching out and grabbing one samosa, so delicious it looks.....

But where are the recipes ? You did the samosa with the frozen samosa sheets ?
If possible, please tell me how to make them 'cos I've got a pkt. of 50 sheets in the freezer, but have tried once & got terrible results.

smangai
10th March 2006, 09:22 PM
i would like to have pongal vadai

kavikuil
10th March 2006, 11:41 PM
Dosa, sambar, coconut chutney, green chutney and onion chutney with milagapodi on the side - should great taste! :D

kavithasenthil
11th March 2006, 12:34 AM
want to eat chilli mushroom.

RedPepper
11th March 2006, 12:52 AM
[tscii:2f702761e4]
Right now , am longing for hot hot ginger tea and some chilly pakoras .... heaven !!

Hi Red Pepper,
Thanks for replying to my pm. Just saw your blog again and am bowled over by the pizza and esp. the crisp samosa pics. You really feel like reaching out and grabbing one samosa, so delicious it looks.....

But where are the recipes ? You did the samosa with the frozen samosa sheets ?
If possible, please tell me how to make them 'cos I've got a pkt. of 50 sheets in the freezer, but have tried once & got terrible results.

Today I want to eat some kerala parota & chicken curry!!!

Pushpa, I am in the process of typing those recipes. :oops: Really difficult with a one year old always clinging to me. Besides its really hard for me to give an Indian recipe since I don't measure anything exactly when I cook Indian. I used egg roll wrap(not frozen) for the samosa cover. I was really craving for samosa, that’s why I took a shortcut. I like it made from the scratch.
[/tscii:2f702761e4]

Alan
11th March 2006, 11:20 AM
You just made me hungary, Red Pepper- I want samosas too!

I also want some onion pakora & Tomato sauce!

vm
11th March 2006, 08:53 PM
anything from saravana Bhavan

Alan
11th March 2006, 09:12 PM
All I want now is some ice-cold water- just had a heavy dinner. :lol:

Alan
12th March 2006, 03:50 PM
Chappathi & Paneer Butter Masala

RP
14th March 2006, 10:49 PM
Rajma in rich tomato gravy with chappati.......with a dash of lime!!!

Alan
16th March 2006, 06:40 PM
You just made me Hungary!

RedPepper
16th March 2006, 07:22 PM
I want some glucose biscuits.... haven't seen this after I left India.....almost 9 years now :cry: When I was a schoolkid, I needed this everyday for my afterschool snack.
Wonder if they still have it? Parle-G and all??

dev
16th March 2006, 08:10 PM
Dunno Y... I've been craving for so many food for the past 2 days... whatever I eat & howmuch ever I eat I keep feeling hungry... I feel like eating whatever I can get my hands on... Hope to eat a satisfactory meal this weekend so that this craving will go off...

Anybody in Sg like to host me for a meal this weekend...;)

rain
16th March 2006, 10:28 PM

parle-g is alive and kickin :) parle-g and it's not so distant cousin Tiger biscuit is a constant fixture at home. u can find it in some select indian shops here. glucose biscuit dunked in hot tea is still a fav.comfort food or shud i be posting this in Silly Combination :wink:

rain

kavithasenthil
16th March 2006, 11:39 PM
no..thats not a silly combination. it comes under common food catogery.

RedPepper
17th March 2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah thats a common combination. I love Glucose biscuits dipped in tea or milk. I hate it when it gets too soft and break off into the cup. But I used to do something weird - glucose biscuits dipped in plain water. Sometimes I want to taste it that way without the taste of any milk or tea. I think this would qualify as a silly combination.
I really need some glucose biscuits right now... I am gonna call all the Indians stores around my area. :roll:

rain
17th March 2006, 01:32 AM
glucose biscuits dipped in plain water.

:shock: :)

ya,once it breaks off and becomes goey it's ickk---.that's y rusks r more acceptable.wonder if ne one takes it with cofee?

rain

RedPepper
17th March 2006, 04:29 AM
I cannot compare rusks with glucose biscuits. Rusk is something my mom used to give me when I was sick. I don't remember having it at any other time. But I liked rusk. Yeah rusk dipped in tea (I am not a coffee fan) is wonderful. Haven't had rusk either for a looooong time. :(

Alan
17th March 2006, 07:26 PM
Dunno Y... I've been craving for so many food for the past 2 days... whatever I eat & howmuch ever I eat I keep feeling hungry... I feel like eating whatever I can get my hands on... Hope to eat a satisfactory meal this weekend so that this craving will go off...

Anybody in Sg like to host me for a meal this weekend...;)

Are you.....................are you ...................preg, dev?
I've heard that preg ladies crave for food! :D

Alan
17th March 2006, 07:28 PM
I want some glucose biscuits.... haven't seen this after I left India.....almost 9 years now :cry: When I was a schoolkid, I needed this everyday for my afterschool snack.

I had no idea you don't get glucose biscuits in US!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Pepper, you haven't come to India at all after you left ????????????????

Glucose biscuits dipped in tea- YUMMY! Now, didn't I make you yearn more? hehe! :D

kavithasenthil
17th March 2006, 08:04 PM
hey i live in usa and i have parle g, britania's nice time, goodday, marrie biscuit and haldiram's pistachio cookies and coconut cookies in my pantry. i got all these from local indian grocery store. even they have rusks. but they don't have varuki or porai(called in chennai) which i crave for a long time.

A good idia is to visit world market to c u can get those biscuits.

RedPepper
17th March 2006, 09:06 PM
I had no idea you don't get glucose biscuits in US!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard that we will get it in some Indian stores. So I am looking for that.

Red Pepper, you haven't come to India at all after you left ????????????????
Yes I have been to India several times. The vacations were too short and I was so excited and busy seeing my people and enjoying the home made foodies. Totally forgot about glucose biscuits. No one even offered me some. :( :cry:

Glucose biscuits dipped in tea- YUMMY! Now, didn't I make you yearn more? hehe! :D
You are mean! :evil:

Alan
18th March 2006, 08:37 AM
hey i live in usa and i have parle g, britania's nice time, goodday, marrie biscuit and haldiram's pistachio cookies and coconut cookies in my pantry. i got all these from local indian grocery store. even they have rusks. but they don't have varuki or porai(called in chennai) which i crave for a long time.

A good idia is to visit world market to c u can get those biscuits.

Red Pepper, heard that? :D

dev
18th March 2006, 10:20 AM
:lol: @Alan... No, am not carrying... I get such food cravings once in a while... It's time again to indulge...:)

Alan
18th March 2006, 10:51 AM
ohok- lol!
When I say I crave for something to my mom & tell her to make it immediately, she asks jokingly, 'ok, when are you going to deliver?" Lol! She asks only me, not my sis!!!!!!!! :D