PDA

View Full Version : What is a remedy for

Alan
10th March 2006, 05:16 PM
SUN TANNING?

I've heard that rubbing a lemon all over the tanned area helps remove it but a lemon on its own causes itching of the skin- is there any other remedy for this?

My marriage is next month & I don't want to look like a chimney!

Querida
10th March 2006, 07:40 PM
[tscii]:lol: I'm sorry Alan nothing wrong in your asking for a remedy but just this moment a carrot (the effect of using too much fake-tan lotion) walked into the comp. lab and I was thinking how desperate people are hear to get the same tan you are trying to get rid of :roll: :P

anyways hmmmm aren't there creams...like that tumericky one...i draw a blank...anyways I looked up these...hope they help :D
check out Tips for better Living thread: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3508&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

and this thread “Home remedies and homemade products for face, body and hair”:
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3229&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=skin+care

malsi
10th March 2006, 08:49 PM
Read This !!

Excessive exposure to the sun's rays makes the pigment in the skin come up to the surface in order to protect the skin from burning. This is the reason your skin becomes darker.

The phrase cool as a cucumber is not completely baseless. Cucumbers are very useful in soothing sunburns. Peel and grate a cucumber. Then take out the juice and mix it with half a teaspoon of glycerine and half a teaspoon of rose water. Pat this solution onto your skin and experience the cooling effect. You can also soak some pieces of cucumber in a cup of milk for a few hours and then apply the milk on your sunburn. A mixture made of equal parts of lime water and linseed oil is also a good alternative. Cod-liver oil, potato juice and even a solution of ordinary tea can have a cooling effect. A homemade face mask constituting one egg-white mixed with a little honey and witch hazel is also very effective in dealing with sunburn.

Querida
10th March 2006, 09:10 PM
But Malsi is getting rid of a tan or lightning one's skin tone( i won't go into the issue as why this is a stupid culture stereotype) the same as treating sunburn? do your remedies albeit helpful :D too soothe burnt area, lighten tone as well?

rachel
11th March 2006, 07:12 AM
Read This !!

Excessive exposure to the sun's rays makes the pigment in the skin come up to the surface in order to protect the skin from burning. This is the reason your skin becomes darker.

The phrase cool as a cucumber is not completely baseless. Cucumbers are very useful in soothing sunburns. Peel and grate a cucumber. Then take out the juice and mix it with half a teaspoon of glycerine and half a teaspoon of rose water. Pat this solution onto your skin and experience the cooling effect. You can also soak some pieces of cucumber in a cup of milk for a few hours and then apply the milk on your sunburn. A mixture made of equal parts of lime water and linseed oil is also a good alternative. Cod-liver oil, potato juice and even a solution of ordinary tea can have a cooling effect. A homemade face mask constituting one egg-white mixed with a little honey and witch hazel is also very effective in dealing with sunburn.

who's got the patience to do this? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Querida
11th March 2006, 10:45 AM
uhhh Rach you seriously don't even have time to do even one of the many Malsi has suggested? I have not gotten sunburnt as yet...but if it's anything like getting a burn from the stove than i am up for as many remedies there are to stop the pain!!!

malsi
11th March 2006, 01:52 PM
even i dont do that either...just posted that for ALAN !!!

rachel
12th March 2006, 04:12 PM
even i dont do that either...just posted that for ALAN !!!

oh.. :lol:

pooja.shankar
12th March 2006, 04:17 PM
well ..... rub ur face with lemon juice and sugar ..it is a good scrub ....

but generally it is for girls ..coz it leaves the skin very very soft

Shakthiprabha.
12th March 2006, 05:18 PM
cucumber and lemon are famous suntan removers.

also TOMATO brightens up the skin

swathy
12th March 2006, 06:04 PM
i think aloevera may help.