PDA

View Full Version : Pattiyal

xml
12th March 2006, 05:21 PM
It is the great album.All the songs are rocks.
Now in TFM YSR the best.

Pattiyal (2006) -

Actors : Arya, Bharath, Padma Priya, Pooja
Director : Vishnuvardhan
Music Director : Yuvan Shankar Raja
Producer : Geetha
Year : 2006

Dei Namma Singer : Vijay Yesudas
Kannai Vittu Singer : Yuvan Shankar Raja
Kannai Vittu (Remix) Singer : Premji, Yuvan Shankar Raja
Namma Kaatula Singer : Illayaraja, Roshini
Poga Poga Singer : Haricharan, Harini Sudhakar, Saindhavi, Vijay
Yedhedho Singer : Shwetha, Yuvan Shankar Raja

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.8294/

slperson1
16th March 2006, 06:01 AM
Dei Namma - Finally after many attempts YSR hits a gana number right on the target :D Well hes had a couple of decent gana numbers like naatu saraku and Site adipom but other than that his gana numbers have been horrific. Glad to hear him come up with a good one this time.

Yedhedho - typical YSR number nothing new

Kanai Vittu - Awesome number its too bad its only 2 min plus change :( pick of the album

Poga Poga - Direct lift from an english rap number for the beginning, which brings the song down alot for me. But the actual song which plays afterwards is good.

Nama Kaatila - The first listening i fell over laughing to hear IR singin in this type of song (hip hoppish.) Then i thought how his son was able to convince him to sing this song. I figured he gave his dads the lyrics and let him sing the whole song without hearing the actual tune first, like ARR did with thottal poo malaram. But it is indeed a very good song.

Kanai Vittu (Remix) - Premji raps like a lil kid.

Overall: It isnt an Arindhum Ariyamalam but its good to hear alot of good songs commin out consistently in tamil

Vysar
17th March 2006, 09:37 PM
Yuvan songs and RR rocks says SIFY

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14164659&ctid=5&cid=2429

njv
18th March 2006, 09:45 PM
Pattiyal :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
YSR :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

villan007
18th March 2006, 11:04 PM
YSR rox :clap: :clap:

I wish hes roped in for ajith's venture after naan kadavul 8-)

MrJudge
19th March 2006, 12:06 PM

Yes, villan007. Yuvan rocks in RR of Pattiyal. I hope the other so-called internatioanally renowned composers take a look and learn from him.

Pattiyal is doing good at BO:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/21124.html

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14165562

villan007
19th March 2006, 12:47 PM
judge , :shock: yaara pathi solreenga

if its ARR then :hammer: for u .... :evil:

Ramakrishna
19th March 2006, 01:14 PM

Yes, villan007. Yuvan rocks in RR of Pattiyal. I hope the other so-called internatioanally renowned composers take a look and learn from him.

Pattiyal is doing good at BO:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/21124.html

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14165562

Obviously u r criticising ARR here.It is like asking Sachin Tendulkar to learn his batting from Irfan Pathan.

Thunderbird
19th March 2006, 01:17 PM
Ramakrishna , bang on target :thumbsup:

rsubras
19th March 2006, 03:10 PM
ada thunderbird, ramakrishna and villain, Mr. Judge yuvan shankar raja appreciate panrathe ARR ku against ah irukkanumnu thane...his intention is not to see yuvan grow or yuvan making hits, but to see ARR decline...he is more happier to see an ARR album fail rather than seeing a yuvan shankar raja's album succeed......... so he never fails to deliver such punchlines
:)

Sundar12345
19th March 2006, 03:27 PM
YSR ROCKSTAR of @))^

MrJudge
19th March 2006, 06:18 PM
Obviously u r criticising ARR here.It is like asking Sachin Tendulkar to learn his batting from Irfan Pathan.

FYI, Yuvan is a very good all-rounder (good at both RR and songs). So please come up with better comparison next time.

Scale
19th March 2006, 07:12 PM
Where is Thumburu?

Ramakrishna
19th March 2006, 07:49 PM

FYI, Yuvan is a very good all-rounder (good at both RR and songs). So please come up with better comparison next time.

Brother, FYI Yuvan is a very good allrounder.But ARR is a world class allrounder.ARR has reached Hollywood.But Yuvan is struggling to find his feet here.There is a difference between performing well only in Ranji trophy, against teams like Srilanka, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and performing well in world cup.There is a difference between local and international.One can't go international when he is not good at local.YSR is still local inspite of being in the industry for quite a long time.But ARR is an international legend. 8-)

abc
19th March 2006, 08:01 PM
agreed. ARR is Sachin and YSR is Sehwag, but Sehwag is doing better now :wink: .

Ramakrishna
19th March 2006, 08:07 PM
agreed. ARR is Sachin and YSR is Sehwag, but Sehwag is doing better now :wink: .

Brother, you have forgotten that "Form is temporary but Class is Permanent".

abc
19th March 2006, 08:13 PM
so you mean sachin won't be back? that's :sad:

reminding you that Sehwag is also class, he has played big part in India's success :grin:

(now do the substitution, ARR=Sachin, YSR=Sehwag, India's=movies) :grin:

Ramakrishna
19th March 2006, 08:23 PM
so you mean sachin won't be back? that's :sad:

reminding you that Sehwag is also class, he has played big part in India's success :grin:

(now do the substitution, ARR=Sachin, YSR=Sehwag, India's=movies) :grin:

hmmm..... it clearly shows that u don't know the meaning of class.I am sorry mate.No use arguing with u.

MrJudge
19th March 2006, 09:27 PM
Brother, FYI Yuvan is a very good allrounder.But ARR is a world class allrounder.ARR has reached Hollywood.But Yuvan is struggling to find his feet here.There is a difference between performing well only in Ranji trophy, against teams like Srilanka, Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and performing well in world cup.There is a difference between local and international.One can't go international when he is not good at local.YSR is still local inspite of being in the industry for quite a long time.But ARR is an international legend. 8-)

Your fav. MD was worst at RR for almost 98% of his career. How can you say he is an all-rounder?

The so-called same international player who was kicked back to Ranji trophy fails miserably against the local team and is being bowled out for 0 or1 every innings.

Just wait and see how far YSR achieves at the end of his career. He will surpass your fav. md by miles!

Nerd
19th March 2006, 10:50 PM
:)

MADDY
19th March 2006, 10:59 PM
nattamai, go and see YSR's albums thread now.....

Sanjeevi
19th March 2006, 11:16 PM
y u people underrate YSR?. i can only pity on you.

please listen to YSR recent like pudupettai, kk, pattiyal and then comment him.

he is father's son :D

Ramakrishna
19th March 2006, 11:18 PM

None under-rated him.But some here try to over-rate him.

muzammil84
20th March 2006, 05:25 AM

None under-rated him.But some here try to over-rate him.

Well Said Exactly, They Over Rate Him, And Under rated More ARR :(

MADDY
20th March 2006, 08:15 AM
yov, sanjeevi, ella therinja neeye ippidi sonna eppadi??? u very well know that ARR fans like YSR......y do u make statements like YSR is underrated??? infact he shuld thank god that he was born as son of Ilayaraja, that he has a strong fan base, from the time he entered field.......till date i have not seen a bad review for YSR in media...even his bad albums like geethai have escaped criticism......

vijayr
20th March 2006, 08:40 PM
Looks like Pattiyal is a bigger rip-off than even Ghajini. Here is the plot summary for "Bangkok dangerous"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0263101/plotsummary

"The story is of a deaf-mute hitman and his partner who are based in Bangkok. He is friends with his partner's girlfriend who is a stripper at a local club. They go about their assassination business as usual as the boss climbs the underworld ladder and forms new alliances. Flashbacks explain how he got to this point in his life. He forms a relationship with a young woman from the pharmacy who is caring and innocent. The hunts continue as treachery begins. A big name hit makes him realize that good people are hurt by his actions. The first rule of assassination closes in on him as he strikes revenge."

Looks like Vishnuvardhan isnt really a whiz kid after all.

MrJudge
20th March 2006, 10:07 PM
Sify review clearly mentioned that the bharath character is taken from Bangkok dangerous....anyone seen both movies? Is it exact replica or atleast little bit different?

Sanjeevi
21st March 2006, 12:22 AM
yov, sanjeevi, ella therinja neeye ippidi sonna eppadi??? u very well know that ARR fans like YSR......y do u make statements like YSR is underrated??? infact he shuld thank god that he was born as son of Ilayaraja, that he has a strong fan base, from the time he entered field.......till date i have not seen a bad review for YSR in media...even his bad albums like geethai have escaped criticism......

MADDY Kanna enappa tension agura 8-)

IR, ARR and ofcourse YSR are great :D

Vysar
21st March 2006, 07:51 AM

Vishnuvardhan a next maniratnam?!!!!

thumburu
21st March 2006, 12:52 PM
whiz kid? Who was the last whiz kid director in TF? KBalachander?

baba88
21st March 2006, 09:20 PM
Did they cut Kannai Vittu song from the movie ?
I didn't saw it in the movie (VCD).

s_sankarg
22nd March 2006, 04:34 PM
Hi,

Its very interesting..
There is huge crowd in all theater where pattiyal been released.
its seems to be the movie might become mega hit

http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/cineItems.asp?ID=DA120060321110515&Title=Cinema&lTitle=%A3%B2U%F4&Topic=0

xml
22nd March 2006, 05:38 PM
It is really Great.
It is already Box office Hit.

Vysar
22nd March 2006, 05:53 PM
I didn't know that director name is Viswanathan (Vishnuvardhan) :)

Sanjeevi
22nd March 2006, 10:26 PM
Review

http://tamil.cinesouth.com/scopes/reviews/new/patiyal.shtml

MrJudge
23rd March 2006, 05:11 PM

Vishnuvardhan a next maniratnam?!!!!

Vysar:

even the industry peeps think so!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14168580

After watched the film, I thought this guy is going to rock tf in the comign years. But after reading about Bangkok Dangerous, I am like :cry:

Even though it is a rehash of BD, I think he has given a better product than Mani this time!

reagan87
23rd March 2006, 05:23 PM
Yeah even me thought that this was an original piece from Vishnu and I was wondering if he's gonna be the next Mani Rathnam but then after bumping into Bangkok Dangerous, I've got to rethink my idea of him.

But nevertheless, the technical aspects of this movie is great and definitely one of the best in tamil cinema. Even the idea of remaking a good movie and making it look extraordinary from a tamizhan view is awesome.

xml
23rd March 2006, 06:40 PM
BGM is excellent by YSR

xml
23rd March 2006, 06:40 PM
BGM is excellent by YSR

xml
23rd March 2006, 06:41 PM
BGM is excellent by YSR

slperson1
23rd March 2006, 07:33 PM
Did they cut Kannai Vittu song from the movie ?
I didn't saw it in the movie (VCD).
The song is there in the movie.

ansa400
23rd March 2006, 11:20 PM
Saw the film 2day, it was strictly OK movie. Not a gr8 one and of course not the best in tamil cinema as someone here claims. The film wont be a super hit as it has violence as its main theme which will not suit the family audience. The BGM needs a special mention here, it was cool and suited the movie well. Dont know why the media is giving a lot of hype to this movie. :roll:

MADDY
24th March 2006, 12:14 AM
Saw the film 2day, it was strictly OK movie. Not a gr8 one and of course not the best in tamil cinema as someone here claims. The film wont be a super hit as it has violence as its main theme which will not suit the family audience. The BGM needs a special mention here, it was cool and suited the movie well. Dont know why the media is giving a lot of hype to this movie. :roll:

same here....not a great movie......maybe i saw it on CD,that's y i didn't like it......songs not upto the mark .....BGM was excellent :thumbsup: .........

when selvaraghavan makes 1/2 gud movies, he is called the next mani....when kamal made 2 movies then his fans start a thread KH vs MR....now vishnu vardhan after making 1 gud movie and awaiting the result of this second one, he is already called next maniratnam.......clearly this shows evryone want their fav director to be like Maniratnam....Mani rocks :wink:

Vysar
24th March 2006, 12:42 AM
Mani started out like Vishnu by lifting scenes from God Father. Even Balachander copied hollywood movies for nanal, major chandrakanth etc. How unique they direct the movie makes the difference.

rashid2raj
24th March 2006, 01:01 AM

same here....not a great movie......maybe i saw it on CD,that's y i didn't like it......songs not upto the mark .....BGM was excellent :thumbsup: .........

when selvaraghavan makes 1/2 gud movies, he is called the next mani....when kamal made 2 movies then his fans start a thread KH vs MR....now vishnu vardhan after making 1 gud movie and awaiting the result of this second one, he is already called next maniratnam.......clearly this shows evryone want their fav director to be like Maniratnam....Mani rocks :wink:

Yeah Maddy.. No one as Mani :D

aruvi
24th March 2006, 07:50 AM
After reading all the hungama about the audio of Pattiyal, I decided to listen to it. After a long time, I was listening to some new Tamil songs.

I wonder what all the hungama is about now! I am assuming that everyone listens to music only in their car and in dance clubs:-) There was nothing great about the audio. It is loud and there is some horrible singing.

I would hate to say anything derogatory out IR's son. But really, why does he sing? Every time he tries to sing high pitch, he sounds like he is having stomach problems. I started laughing on the middle of the road:-)

Secondly, where is the originality? From the beats to the rap bits he seems to pull off popular english songs, everything in this album has a heard before sound to it. I suppose that is his signature.

It's times like this I wish Karthikraja had gotten the recognition he deserved.

Coming to Vishnu being called the next MR. Media is running for fast news. There is no point in taking such articles seriously. If he gives one flop next, they will write that he needs to resurrect his career:-) There is no longevity in anyone these days.

vijayr
24th March 2006, 11:02 AM
aruvi, from the old TFM days?

You are right about YSR's singing. "yedhedho eNNaNgaL" would make Rajnikanth in Mannan sound like a professional singer by comparison :-) But KR, based on what he has done in the recent past, doesnt deserve much recognition either.

Chelian
24th March 2006, 11:12 AM
YSR should only sing for Danush.

MrJudge
24th March 2006, 11:53 AM
We don't want any more Manirathnams but more Mahendrans are welcome to TF!

Chelian
24th March 2006, 02:17 PM
Agreed Mr Judge..enough of 1 manirathnam with his monotonous dialoge and ever dark scenes.

MADDY
24th March 2006, 07:25 PM

enakku koodathan, i dont want any more judges but more dineshs,scales in this forum...... :D

naama aasai padarathu onnu, andavan kodukarathu vera.....

aruvi
24th March 2006, 10:12 PM
Vijayr,

I haven't listened much to KR either, but from what I have read of him, I think his scores are at least, mostly his own. YSR has a habit of being too 'influenced'.

As far as singing goes, I personally don't care for anyone from that entire camp, right from IR/Gangai Amaran to their children.

Sanjeevi
24th March 2006, 10:24 PM
Vijayr,

I haven't listened much to KR either, but from what I have read of him, I think his scores are at least, mostly his own. YSR has a habit of being too 'influenced'.

As far as singing goes, I personally don't care for anyone from that entire camp, right from IR/Gangai Amaran to their children.

dear aruvi (without water?),

YSR is going steadily with hits and more hits in his own way even you don't want him

MrJudge
24th March 2006, 11:49 PM

enakku koodathan, i dont want any more judges but more dineshs,scales in this forum...... :D

Luckily naama aasai padarathu onnu, andavan kodukkarathum athe onnu, konja kaalama in tf :) All these so-called great directors are packing their bags!

Vysar
25th March 2006, 12:02 AM
I would hate to say anything derogatory out IR's son. But really, why does he sing? Every time he tries to sing high pitch, he sounds like he is having stomach problems. I started laughing on the middle of the road:-)

YSR is actually trying to follow ARR style of singing. I used to think the same when ARR sings that he has constibation or something. Now we have two singers who have the same problem.

MADDY
25th March 2006, 12:14 AM

YSR is actually trying to follow ARR style of singing. I used to think the same when ARR sings that he has constibation or something. Now we have two singers who have the same problem.

y is YSR following ARR's style here???

MrJudge
25th March 2006, 12:28 AM

Nope, YSR has started his singing career long before. Remember, Anjali? someone is following his style I think :D

Just kidding dude!

Vysar
25th March 2006, 02:29 AM
I cannot forget when YSR rhymes "when you say something you listen to that, when you see something you look at that, now stop the game don't miss the shame". I would say his pronunciation has improved 10 folds after Anjali :)

aruvi
25th March 2006, 02:35 AM
Hits and flops don't seem to reflect product worth these days. Many a good album and film have gone unnoticed. Unoriginal mediocre products are getting noticed. I am not sure if it is due to hype or low expectations. Undoubtedly, with the kind of albums that are generally coming out, I guess expecations have fallen much below average.

I am not trying to just pinpoint YSR. Even the likes of ARR and IR have fallen from the pedestal I had once had them, as far as their new albums are concerned.

balaji
25th March 2006, 06:15 AM
Arvi,
Welcome back!

After a long time, I was listening to some new Tamil songs. => Does Chitra not singing frequently one of the reasons for not listening to new Tamil songs?

Kidding aside, you are right about the new albums that are being churned out. But occassionally ARR do provide some glimmer of hope, but the same cannot be said of others.

I am just unhappy that I am not getting the music that I would enjoy.

But my best wishes to YSR and others and hope one day they will provide music of my liking

Bala

Scale
25th March 2006, 10:52 AM

Thanks for the compliment. :D I haven't been here if there was no MADDY :) with a thread "ARR - A Forgotten Hero?". I even mentioned it in my very IInd post. That was a good thread indeed. Never had a chance to communicate with hubbers like CP, ferari,..... here in TFM. any idea rsubras !

p.s: Karthik, itwofs gave a link in ARR-YG & I have been reading TFM posts for few days. Maddy's thread pulled me to sign up after few days of the thread originated. Addicted, Very happy :)

Cinefan
25th March 2006, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the compliment. :D I haven't been here if there was no MADDY :) with a thread "ARR - A Forgotten Hero?". I even mentioned it in my very IInd post. That was a good thread indeed. Never had a chance to communicate with hubbers like CP, ferari,..... here in TFM. any idea rsubras !

Scale,If you were asking rsubras how to communicate with Ferrari&CP,just click on http://prabhukrish.net(Ferrari).CP(Praveen)is a regular visitor on that blog&even he has his own blog.You will get a link from Ferro's site.

Scale
25th March 2006, 11:32 AM
Cinefan, I know that. His review was the Ist in ARRYG for every new release of ARR. No more in TFM?? :roll:

Cinefan
25th March 2006, 11:45 AM
Cinefan, I know that. His review was the Ist in ARRYG for every new release of ARR. No more in TFM?? :roll:

oh!I misunderstood your statement.

Yeah,they don't frequent tfm page anymore,atleast they don't post.

xml
26th March 2006, 08:14 PM
Whatever you guys said.
YSR is the leadin MD in TFM now.
Can your fav MD make his albums hit in TFM now.

MADDY
26th March 2006, 11:13 PM
Whatever you guys said.

RDBasanti is the biggest hit moviewise/albumwise in Hindi now for a long time....infact it has crossed all records in UK..27Million$ LOTR-musical has released with ARRahman's music....u1 can only dream of such things.....he is just a local guy.....he can never cross amanjikarai, forget America..... :lol:

xml
27th March 2006, 12:20 AM
Sorry maddy.
RDBasdnte is not a hit in Bollywood to the calibre of what ysr made in tfm.
To be honest with you all I am not a blind follower of ysr.
In the past 4 years ysr,hj and ir did their best.
vs and deva made many hit but lost their own style & identity.
ARR : after his latest hit Laggan he moved to mars and moon.so no comments.
The more hits by ysr and hj with their own style.
I would rate ysr as top wrt his ability compose many movies in a short time for the current trent, excellent BGM, supporting the new artist,directors and banners in the film industry which was missing with ARR and HJ.
So I would say YSR the best.

MADDY
27th March 2006, 03:35 AM
Sorry maddy.
RDBasdnte is not a hit in Bollywood to the calibre of what ysr made in tfm

i cant believe that u r so adamantly-prejudiced about ARRahman......if RDBasanti is not a hit for u then there is nuthin left to talk dude.......

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/boxoffice/12493/index.html

the collections of RDBasanti is Rs.39 crores for 8 weeks(India+US+UK) and the album has stayed at the top of almost all charts since 3rd week of jan....budget of the movie is 30 crores....

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/mar/24rings.htm

27Million$ LOTR musical has released with already 16Million$ recovered......

now can u give me YSR side of story? wat makes u think , YSR has made more impact than ARR......well,YSR is a real talent with age on his side.....he can go places and will one day....that doesent make ARRahman any lesser.....ARR is still the face of music from tamilnadu....

Alien
27th March 2006, 06:33 AM
RDBasanti is the biggest hit moviewise/albumwise in Hindi now for a long time....infact it has crossed all records in UK..27Million$ LOTR-musical has released with ARRahman's music....u1 can only dream of such things.....he is just a local guy.....he can never cross amanjikarai, forget America..... :lol:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: ........... :thumbsup:

MrJudge
27th March 2006, 07:59 AM
Whatever you guys said.

MADDY Machchaan,

As usual you have come up with RDB story for any TFM related question of your MD. Anyways Your MD has been kicked back from every corner and coming back to the same amanjikarai now. I think he will be kicked here at amanjikarai too and he will go back to Jingles or will be renting his studios for other successful mds.

U1 is leading the MDs list at the age of 23, when TB couldn't even dream about amanjikarai at such a young age! :wink:

He WILL cross amanjikarai and WILL be successful than other already-crossed-kicked-back-to-amanjikarai MDs!

muku25
28th March 2006, 09:51 PM
Sify review clearly mentioned that the bharath character is taken from Bangkok dangerous....anyone seen both movies? Is it exact replica or atleast little bit different?

I watched "Bangkok Dangerous" yesterday . "Pattiyal" is pakka rip-off from it . The only thing that has been changed in "Pattiyal" is the person who employs these 2 guys . In BD that person is depicted as a woman and in "Pattiyal" it is a guy . Even the locations have striking similarities , the place where they meet to get the next target is a coffee shop in BD and it is teakada in "Pattiyal" .In BD the hero goes to HongKong for one of his target and that has been changed to Coimbatore in Pattiyal . Ithe mathiri most of the scenes have been copied 100% . I can share BD with anyone interested in watching it .

MrJudge
28th March 2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the update muku25. It is a shame to lift the movie 100%. I hope Vishuvarthan accepts it gracefully if anyone raises this issue.

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 11:27 PM
Vishuvarthan accepts that the Bharath character is an inspiration from an Asian film, but did not mention its name :(

Pattiyal: Toast of the town

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2006/mar/24slide1.htm

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 11:30 PM
Pattiyal: The success story:

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-01/29-03-06-pattiyal.html

MrJudge
30th March 2006, 01:32 PM
[tscii:2cf5d45bde]Pattiyal is doing well at BO:

A money spinner!
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 30 March , 2006, 10:26
Pattiyal is the first big hit of 2006. Producer ‘Punnagaipoo’ Gheetha(see pic) has all the reasons to smile as ten days after its release, the film has turned profitable for its distributors in Tamilnadu. In its second week the film is still managing to do 85 to 90 percent which is remarkable.

A whisper campaign by vested interests has been unleashed against Pattiyal saying that it is not doing well, after taking an impressive opening. But clarifies Tirupur Subramaniam the distributor of the film in Coimbatore: “Pattiyal is a hit and I have recovered my investment in just 10 days. Since there is no opposition till April 14 and the holiday season around, it will have a super run”.

Arulpati the Chennai distributor of Pattiyal had paid Rs 40 Lakhs for the city rights and according to trade sources he got a share of Rs 22 Lakhs in the first week and is expected to garner another 19 Lakhs in its second week making it a profitable venture. In the next two weeks the trade expects Pattiyal to collect another Rs 25 to 30 Lakhs as there is no new Tamil release till April 14.

According to trade analysts, Pattiyal sold for Rs 4.25 Crores, theatrical rights in Tamilnadu will do business worth Rs 7 to 8 Crores in the long run and if April 14 releases do not live up to expectations then it is 'Advantage Pattiyal', which may then touch the magic figure of Rs 10 Crore!
[/tscii:2cf5d45bde]

MrJudge
30th March 2006, 05:31 PM
Here are Vishnu's answers from sify chat:

sriramanvk asks ur film pattiyal resembles a thai film! many in the blog have the same view. your thoughts?
vishnu says Yes, because Bharath's characters reminds most of it.. and that was my inspiration.

laxmax asks Hi - Congrats on Pattiyal, but tell me honestly u have got a great script in the original bangkok Dangerous but for few changes you have been faithful to the original so where do u feel ur credit is ????
vishnu says where do you think it should be? i made my version .. so i have fun :)

hi_there_howdy asks There is this rumor that Pudhupet has similar scenes as in Pattiyal, and Selva is in a big dilemma... Do u think such coincidences are possible ?
vishnu says no way. as far as i know myself and selva are on two different tracks. Pattiyal and pudhupet are two feasts, so guys have fun

here is the complete transcript:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14173594

MrJudge
5th April 2006, 02:48 PM
[tscii:c93f1f57b7]`Pattiyal`- Super hit in Kerala!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 05 April , 2006, 12:30

Vishnuvardhan’s Pattiyal is a super hit in Kerala. At Ernakulam Padma, the film has done Rs 4.04 Lakh net in the first two weeks which is fantastic. Remember that in Kerala only superstar Tamil films do well and off beat Tamil hits like Kathal and Thavamai Thavamirundhai were flops!

What seems to have worked for Pattiyal which was sold at throw away price in Kerala is its taut presentation, performance of lead actors and peppy music of Yuvan. The film is a huge hit in cities like Ernakulam, Trivandrum, Trichur and is likely to do business worth Rs 40 to 50 Lakhs from Kerala.

Meanwhile in Tamilnadu since there is no opposition, Pattiyal is making merry in B and C stations. At Coimbatore Archana it has taken a distributors share of Rs 11.5 Lakhs in two weeks, which is very good. Even in Dindigul a mere C station, the share is around Rs 4 Lakhs!

The way Pattiyal is making deep inroads in traditional mass movie superstar market has made the trade sit up and say-“Good films irrespective of star cast will make money”. [/tscii:c93f1f57b7]

vasanth2006
5th April 2006, 03:56 PM
It is really nice to see that pattiyal is doing well at B.O

(Even though it is inspired from bangkok dangerous).

karthik_sa2
6th April 2006, 03:59 PM
yuvan simply rocks.his works in pattiyal is awsome esspecially the BGM during the end credits . donno how many of u listened to it but it z just awsome . kannai vitu is my pick of the album.both bhararth and arya's acting was superb and the film had good finish too.pattiyal pattaya kazhapudhu

callmeshyam
11th April 2006, 08:57 AM
Pattiyal BGM is a straight lift from Batman Begins... So please uh...

MrJudge
11th April 2006, 10:36 AM
[tscii:615b2aeea9]No clippings for channels, yet Pattiyal leads!!
April 10, 2006

Pattiyal

Movie clips and previews on TV channels have always formed part of the publicity and promotion package of new film releases. However, Pattiyal seems to have the sole distinction to attract crowds to the theatres, without any of the usual props. The film's producer Punnagai Poo Geetha is excited that the movie has disproved popular theory that new releases need the backing of previews on TV channels. She added with confidence that a well-made film will always fetch good word-of-mouth publicity and that alone is enough to propel the film into the hall of fame. Looks like the crew of Pattiyal has added one more to it's ‘list’ of reasons to celebrate. [/tscii:615b2aeea9]

ezy0265
11th April 2006, 11:18 AM
Adei callmeshyam!!!!

Ah Ahh BGM is direct lift from 'Bells are Ringing' do you know that?

Unga veettaiyum konjam sutthama vacchukittu appurama adutthavan veetta vevu paarunkada komatti thalaiyaanungalaa!

njv
11th April 2006, 10:53 PM
Adei callmeshyam!!!!

Ah Ahh BGM is direct lift from 'Bells are Ringing' do you know that?

Unga veettaiyum konjam sutthama vacchukittu appurama adutthavan veetta vevu paarunkada komatti thalaiyaanungalaa!

ezy

I listened to al bells are ringing sound track (60s version not 2001) and they dont have any aah aah. can you help us here with links?

rsubras
11th April 2006, 11:27 PM
ada njv ezy solra vishayam lam PKS solra pazhamozhi maathiri.. anubavikkanum.......aaraya koodathu :lol:

callmeshyam
12th April 2006, 04:41 AM
Unmaya sonna pothu kittu varudhaakkum. Adikkardu copy, idula thanmaanam vera.... ARR copy adikkala nu naan sollalaley...

inetk
12th April 2006, 08:37 AM
Continuing with muku25's mail on Bangkok Dangerous, I was stunned when I saw the movie over the weekend. The amount of lift doesnt warrant being called 'I made my own version'. The girl Bharath's character falls in love with works in a pharmacy store even in the original. The way Arya's character kills his lover's rapist, is again, in a public toilet. Most specific scenes have been lifted blatantly which doesnt say much about Vishnu's talent, if any.

Karthik
www.milliblog.blogspot.com

MrJudge
12th April 2006, 01:27 PM
ada njv ezy solra vishayam lam PKS solra pazhamozhi maathiri.. anubavikkanum.......aaraya koodathu :lol:

anna athe philasophy namma track-layam konjam kadai pidinganna.........anubavinga.......araayatheenga :lol:

MrJudge
12th April 2006, 01:29 PM
Pattiyal still doing good at BO:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14182704

MADDY
13th April 2006, 02:04 AM
Pattiyal still doing good at BO:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14182704

wat the heck man??? u r giving BO report every 2 days..........i guess i have seen pattiyal BO review atleast 15 times in its meager 1 month run......

MrJudge
13th April 2006, 09:54 AM
wat the heck man??? u r giving BO report every 2 days..........i guess i have seen pattiyal BO review atleast 15 times in its meager 1 month run......

MADDY machchaan,

First, what's your problem if I give BO report of Pattiayal every 2 days?

Second and most important thing is I can sense your stomach burning at all time high :) Now don't come and say here your same old pallavai "I am this much open mind blah blah.... "

slperson1
13th April 2006, 10:07 AM
You cant sense anything MrJudge cuz u lack it.thats why ur having trouble answering questions posed to u.

muku25
18th April 2006, 08:41 PM
Continuing with muku25's mail on Bangkok Dangerous, I was stunned when I saw the movie over the weekend. The amount of lift doesnt warrant being called 'I made my own version'. The girl Bharath's character falls in love with works in a pharmacy store even in the original. The way Arya's character kills his lover's rapist, is again, in a public toilet. Most specific scenes have been lifted blatantly which doesnt say much about Vishnu's talent, if any.

Karthik

Karthik , its not just lifting some scenes that pisses me off . Antha Pharmacy'la oru chubby female co-worker irupanga and that deaf-mute guy's GF stays with her grandmother , itha mathiri chinna chinna vishayam ellam copy panna thaan kadupa irukku . Couldnt he have come up with different characters for these roles ?

app_engine
20th April 2006, 01:39 AM
Digression
1. What is the difference between copying 10 characters from 10 films and put together to make a film v/s copying 10 characters from 1 film to make a film?
2. Why a phenomenally successful hindi-telugu movie cannot be re-made as a successful Thamizh film (or vice-versa) while someone can make a big success by re-making a foreign movie, which is so alien to local culture?...If making a successful movie by `copying' scene by scene of foreign film is so easy & simple, should every other film not be a box-office success?
3. Is it not true that every director in TF get 'inspired' by 'english' film for most of their scenes / projects...(with rare exceptions like 16 vayadhinilE)
End-digression

ezy0265
20th April 2006, 06:23 AM
app_engine,

Excellent point you have raised which is not a digression in any means! These people will quietly watch a Vijay movie exact replica from Telugu.

I think the issue here is attempt to down the success of the movie, which is again a mere act of envy! The fact of the movie being a mega hit and continuing even after New Year releases is something which has whacked other MD supporters which should hurt. The result is such talks!

Copy or original I think Visnu has done a great deal for Tamil movie by making Pattiyal which is of such high standard. That is the important thing here. Great hollywood movies like King Kong, Speilberg's War of the Worlds and almost every other mega hits there are remakes! Are our friends criticising Speilberg and Peter Jackson for copying? No! Only Tamilans or rather some Tamilans of the 'vaitherricchal' kind will think and talk like this.

ezy0265
20th April 2006, 06:30 AM
muku25!
"its not just lifting some scenes that pisses me off"

Please don't come to this music forum and seek treatment for your incontinence. Go and check with your Urologist if you are suffering from stress incontinence or urge incontinence first. I think he may come up with a new diagnosis of 'vaitthericchal' incontinence for your case!

ansa400
20th April 2006, 09:14 AM
Its not a matter of making remakes or not. The point is the hype which the media and u ppl give to the director as if he is the best director in TF in recent days & stuffs like that and all of a sudden when we hear that its a blatant lift, it makes me think that bcoming a director nowadays is so easy?? Someone in this forum claimed that this is the best ever tamil film. Give me a break, c'mon guys Pattiyal is nothing new to Tamil film, ok , its a decent enough movie worth watching once , thats it. Infact most of the scenes and the characterisation reminds me more of "Pithamagan".

MADDY
20th April 2006, 09:24 AM
summa nachhunnu irukku ansa400.....

there has to be some sort of justice here....the same ppl. who bash maniratnam for fleeting resemblences of some eng movies now justify vishnu copy-pasting an entire movie.....i mean, this is heights of prejudice shown by tamil makkal nowadays.....if u r saying that vijay & co. are doing telugu remakes then vishnu is also doing no different so u shuld accept that vishnuvardhan is of perarasu's caliber and not of Maniratnam's......

inetk
20th April 2006, 09:27 AM
People have been doing remakes - both officially and unofficially for ages now. I have seen Pattiyal and enjoyed it too. But to talk of Vishnu so highly - more so after his more direct lifts have been documented is a bit too much. Let him prove in his forthcoming flicks with some originally thought characters/ scenes...and yes, we'll celebrate him at that point.

You just need to see Bangkok Dangerous once before heaping praises on him. Trust me on that!

Karthik

MrJudge
20th April 2006, 09:34 AM
.the same ppl. who bash maniratnam for fleeting resemblences of some eng movies now justify vishnu copy-pasting an entire movie........

While you are talking about other hubbers, did you raise the issue against Mani when he copied scenes from foreign flicks? Obviously not, and didn't you justify his acts? Now what we call your stand machchaan?

Yes, I should agree that Vishnu is not that great at the moment and so is Mani who has never been.

MADDY
20th April 2006, 09:50 AM
judge :wave:

MrJudge
20th April 2006, 10:23 AM
app_engine, ezy0265:

Atleast we need acceptance from Vishnu that his movie was an inspiration from BD. I don't think he will say it is copied in the media, who knows that can possibly lead him to legal problems in future.

reagan87
20th April 2006, 07:47 PM
Its not a matter of making remakes or not. The point is the hype which the media and u ppl give to the director as if he is the best director in TF in recent days & stuffs like that and all of a sudden when we hear that its a blatant lift, it makes me think that bcoming a director nowadays is so easy?? Someone in this forum claimed that this is the best ever tamil film. Give me a break, c'mon guys Pattiyal is nothing new to Tamil film, ok , its a decent enough movie worth watching once , thats it. Infact most of the scenes and the characterisation reminds me more of "Pithamagan".

Seriously...u should only watch movies like Thirupathi, Thirupachi, Sivakasi! Those are the movies that you will crave for, knowing your bloody awful taste for movies. I'd rather choose to watch a movie copied blatantly from other movie but with much substance and quality rather than watching craptastic movies.

app_engine
20th April 2006, 11:25 PM
One last digression:
Judge, I think he admitted that he made `his version' of Bangkok... in Sify chat...

oru pudhu mozhi-

maNi ratnam odachchA maN kudam
vishnu varthan odachchA pon kudam

End-digression

Scale
20th April 2006, 11:55 PM
One last digression:
Judge, I think he admitted that he made `his version' of Bangkok... in Sify chat...

oru pudhu mozhi-

maNi ratnam odachchA maN kudam
vishnu varthan odachchA pon kudam
End-digression

:clap: ADHE ADHE!

ansa400
21st April 2006, 12:46 AM

Seriously...u should only watch movies like Thirupathi, Thirupachi, Sivakasi! Those are the movies that you will crave for, knowing your bloody awful taste for movies. I'd rather choose to watch a movie copied blatantly from other movie but with much substance and quality rather than watching craptastic movies.

R u nuts or wat? When tha hell did I compare ur awful list of movies with ur so called "BEST EVER TAMIL FILM"? Ur post is highly illogical. My point was with regard to the director only and the kind of hype he is getting with this film(Especially from U1 fans). BTW I have a serious doubt if u r the director himself or someone close to him. :lol: U have proved that u r a hopeless fan of Yuvan. God save u1 fans!!!! Seri, PATTIYAL is the best ever film in the history of tamil film.... pothuma?.... :roll: Seri venumna OSCAR award kodukka solren. Ippo santhoshama? :wink:

MrJudge
21st April 2006, 10:10 AM
One last digression:
End-digression

Yeah, even I read it. But his version seems like nothing but the original version of BD :) (Haven't watched BD yet).

MrJudge
30th June 2006, 12:36 PM
Heard the BGM tracks from tamilnapster. Yuvan is a trend setter in the BGM area using techno beats that gel with scenes. Way to go U1! Hope others learn from this guy :wink:

vasanth2006
30th June 2006, 01:11 PM
Yuvan is a trend setter in the BGM area using techno beats that gel with scenes. Way to go U1!

I also feels that. KK,7GRC, Ram, manmadhan, pudhupettai intha catagoryla pattiyal BGMmum onnu. all are world class.enna pandrathu? BGM effort will reach to the musical people only. not to mass people. they will see the songs only.

IMHO, Yuvan should reuse the BGM music in the songs or vice versa. why should he put the new effort to BGM which is reachable to musical people only?.
(Because of Yuvan's BGM only, i have been seeing yuvan's films twice or thrice).
IMHO, Yuvan is better BGM composer than songs composer. according to his musical style, he is very much suited for hollywood/bollywood flicks.

Hulkster
30th June 2006, 01:12 PM
Techno beats with WCM orchestration at times...it will suit pacey movies though...lets see whether he uses such beats for rural setting or offbeat movies like paruthi veeran and satham podaathey..:D

vasanth2006
30th June 2006, 01:24 PM
Techno beats with WCM orchestration at times...it will suit pacey movies though...lets see whether he uses such beats for rural setting or offbeat movies like paruthi veeran and satham podaathey..:D

Hulk,

He is not only master for pacy movies, he is very much suited for soulful movies/romantic movies (KK,7GRC, ram, KNM).

have u heared "Hey rathuke Hey rathuke" humming in Poovellam kettupar? that is simply out of world.

P.S : ama Neenga oru nalaikku averaga 40 post pantreengale. ithellam over.kalakkureenga ponga. i think this is the record in HUB.

Hulkster
30th June 2006, 01:41 PM
Rombo nalla gavanippu...:evil:

Yeaps...humming is a effective way of bringing out the emotions...IR was also a delegate of such methods...but what i want to see from Yuvan is if he can make a full flow WCM orchestration or other types of classical music in his BGM for rural/offbeat movies. Sandai kozhi had some techno beats although mainly the BGM reflected the mood greatly.

vasanth2006
30th June 2006, 02:37 PM
Rombo nalla gavanippu...:evil:

Yeaps...humming is a effective way of bringing out the emotions...IR was also a delegate of such methods...but what i want to see from Yuvan is if he can make a full flow WCM orchestration or other types of classical music in his BGM for rural/offbeat movies. Sandai kozhi had some techno beats although mainly the BGM reflected the mood greatly.

He did good job in offbeat movies like Ram,KNM,Nandha ( These are almost offbeat movies right?). especially Nandha and Ram.
but He Yet to compose a complete offbeat movie. He can.

He yet to compose the BGM for complete rural movie. eventhough he composed for SandaiKozhi, dass. They are pacy and not completely village oriented.

i am eager to see the yuvan's music in the complete rural movies.
without IR's influence, i want to see the fresh music in village movies. (however if u take folk music, definitely IR's influence will be there for all composers.)

Paruthi Veeran (offbeat and village) will satisfy?

Hulkster
30th June 2006, 02:45 PM
Yes Paruthi Veeran will satisfy...my doubt is not if he can compose for offbeat movies..he has proven he can..what i want him to show is if he can compose classical BGM's using western concepts for this films..certain films like nandha and ram had abit of keyboard usage...this is not a deragatory comment about Yuvan...this is more of a test of his talents...to see if he can make the next step in immersing himself in music like his father did.

vasanth2006
30th June 2006, 03:27 PM
You mean yuvan should use traditional instruments like tabela,veenai,miruthangam,flute etc. and give the classical music with some extend western concepts (WCM orchestration). right?
(intha mathiri fusion ellam satharanama yuvanukku varum. you can hear the fusions in 7GRC soundtracks and small songs. but with carnatic and WCM fusion he has to do. good subjects should come for that.)

i think he will use that instruments in paruthiveeran. but how much percentage he will use that is the question. (because he already used in Nandha extensively). Ameer told in one interview that you will see the different yuvan in this film. we hope that yuvan will delivers.

but if he follows the IR's style for folk music, then that is not fair IMHO. As he has his own style in songs and BGM, He is able to success. if he follows his father, then peoples will criticise for that. (for ex Karthikraja. even though he has his own style of tune making. he has high IR influnce.).

Let us hope for the fresh and new style of music from yuvan. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hulkster
30th June 2006, 05:59 PM
tabla veenai mirudhangam is good but that is not what i actually asked..i meant WCM..yes IR did popularise WCM bgm but there are many ways WCM can be made to sound...remember that IR has experimented with WCM alot of times so im sure Yuvan can make WCM sound different too....i will be happy if he can integrate it paruthi veeran or his upcoming films..:D

MrJudge
30th June 2006, 06:36 PM
Hulkster & Vasanth:

I don't think pure WCM based compostiion will suit rural based movie PV. It has got to be a fusion between indian instruments with WCM flavor just like IR did for upteen number of movies. Or else it will stand alone and will not gel with the movie.

MADDY
30th June 2006, 10:05 PM
he is very much suited for hollywood/bollywood flicks.

y hasnt he gone to bollywood yet?? i guess it is high time he goes there and prove his mettle there.....Bollywood is a pertty tricky place for south indians to survive, xcept for heroines :wink: ......