PDA

View Full Version : BLACK EYED BEANS , PASSI PAYARU WHOLE - RECIPES NEEDED!

Noodles
21st March 2006, 02:41 PM
Can u please post recipes to make curries with BLACK EYED BEANS , PASSI PAYARU WHOLE

bingleguy
21st March 2006, 02:45 PM
Hi Noodles ... I can eat that if tis made ;-) just kidding ! We can make sundal out of this, i guess ! huh !

dev
21st March 2006, 03:02 PM
PAsi payaru-green moong : You can make spiced dhal, sundal, pesarattu,halwa & curry out of it. You can sprout it & use it to make kulambu... I have posted the recipe in 'healthy lifestyle' thread & the 'sprouts' thread... You can also use the sprouts in salads as well...

Black eyed bean: my husb make a yummy curry using it & some vegs like potatoes, cpascicum,tomatoes etc... It goes very well with chapathis... But I'm not very sure abt his secret ingredients as the curry never tastes the same when I make it...
It could also be used in salads with potatoes & other vegs..U need to cook them & ket cool before adding to the salad... Use a g.chilli, lemon juice, salt & coriander dressing(with some olive oil if desired)...

Recipes: you should be able to find most recipes if U give a serch in the food section... Sorry, too lazy to type out recipes & I don't have exact measurements as well...

Noodles
22nd March 2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks Dev.

I went thru the recipes posted under Sproutes, It was really helpful.

Can u get the secret recipe from ur Hubby :D

ayeshasadique
28th March 2006, 05:37 PM
HI , IAM AYESHA. IAM FROM CHENNAI AND CURRENTLY LIVE IN UAE. THIS IS MY MOM IN LAW'S RECIPE AND I LIKE IT A LOT.

BLACK EYED BEANS CURRY

COOKED BEANS - 1 CUP
OIL - 2 TBSP
MUSTARD SEEDS, CUMIN - 1 TSP EACH
CURRY LEAVES
CRUSHED GARLIC
ONION - 1 LARGE, GROUND
TOMATO - 1 LARGE, GROUND
BRINJAL - 2 TO 3 NOS., CUT INTO 4
TURMERIC - 1/2 TSP
CHILLI POWDER - 2 TSP (OR AS DESIRED)
CORIANDER POWDER - 3 TSP
CUMIN POWDER - 1 TSP
FENUGREEK POWDER -1/4 TSP
COCONUT - 2 TBSP, GROUND
TAMARIND - LEMON SIZED BALL
SALT - TO TASTE

METHOD

SOAK TAMARIND IN WATER.
HEAT OIL AND SPLUTTER MUSTARD AND CUMIN.
ADD CURRY LEAVES ,GARLIC AND ONION PASTE.
ADD BRINJAL AND ALL THE SPICE POWDERS AND FRY FOR A FEW MINUTES.
ADD TOMATO ,BEANS AND SALT.
ADD WATER AND COOK TILL THE BRINJAL IS DONE.
ADD THE GROUND COCONUT AND TAMARIND PULP.
BOIL FOR SOME TIME AND REMOVE.
SERVE WITH PLAIN RICE, ACCOMPANIED BY FRIED FISH....ITS YUMMY!

sujathakannan
28th March 2006, 11:07 PM
Hi,

This is my patti authentic chettinadu recipes. My mom and I have tweaked it bit to prepare it in quickly by using pressure cooker. I love this recipe.

PAASI PAYARU THANI KULAMBU
Ing: paasi payaru 1/2 tumbler, jeera 1/2 tsp, onions 1 sliced as for sambar, tomatoes 1 medium chopped as for sambar, sambar powder 1 1/2 tsp, garlic flakes crushed 3, curry leaves to season, salt and oil.

Pressure cook paasipayaru seperately and keep aside. Heat little oil in kadai and season it with jeera and curry leaves then add the chopped onions when they become transperent add the tomatoes and when they tomatoes turn soft add sambar powder stir for few seconds and add one tumbler water. When it starts boiling add the paasipayaru and cook till the raw smell of sambar powder goes. [it may just take 5 mins or so] then at last add the crushed garlic cloves and put off fire. Garnish with coriander leaves for good flavour. And then tell me how well it turned.

Noodles
1st April 2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks to

Ayesha and Sujatha Kannan

for contributing their recipes.

I will try it out and let u know the result.