PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Magics in A.R.Rahman's Songs

dinesh2002
21st March 2006, 10:31 PM
Hey guys,if u notice,the more u listen to A.R.Rahman's songs,u will notice a new instrument playing behind.Many new music directors have mention this too,that A.R.Rahman songs r like treasure,u can keep on digging & get surprised.Even the Ace Director Shankar said A.R.Rahman songs has many many layers in them. So u found any?? Share them here!!!

Ramakrishna
21st March 2006, 10:37 PM
In Thiruda Thiruda, Thee Thee song Rahman himself makes a sound behind. That sounds nice. :D

dinesh2002
21st March 2006, 10:44 PM
Check out the ending of En Uyir Tozhiye - KKS.When Unnimenon Goes " Enna Enna " in the ending...put the volume to full..u can listen the magic how Unnimenon ends the song...do listen!! :D

Ramakrishna
21st March 2006, 11:31 PM
Check out the ending of En Uyir Tozhiye - KKS.When Unnimenon Goes " Enna Enna " in the ending...put the volume to full..u can listen the magic how Unnimenon ends the song...do listen!! :D

Ya.. thats a nice piece.Its a sort of ending in carnatic style. :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
21st March 2006, 11:43 PM
In his latest Kamma karaiyile song too, he has introduced some nice interesting sounds in the backround, which gives a feel of the situation of the song.

muzammil84
21st March 2006, 11:59 PM
Ya i heard like that lot of in his songs

here one EX: A.R.Rahman Voice & Clinten voice Sagiye in pachai nireme , we can find music in thier voice :)

rayan36
22nd March 2006, 09:04 AM
How about the Innisai Chorus version, where in the end u can hear a heavy string piece, a guitar maybe but in a very low volume, creates the western/classical fusion

:wink: :wink:

Dragun
22nd March 2006, 10:25 AM
Poovukkenna Pootu (Bombay)- Male chorus over the flute piece at the end. I did not hear this until listening with headphones.

united07
22nd March 2006, 10:51 AM
Check out Sandosha Kannerae from Uyire song, if you listen carefully there will be a bumble-bee like sound which was used with better clarity and higher volume in Maxim's The Flight of a Bumble Bee. Not saying he copied ARR or what. Its just a coincidence

dinesh2002
22nd March 2006, 11:03 AM
Check out Sandosha Kannerae from Uyire song, if you listen carefully there will be a bumble-bee like sound which was used with better clarity and higher volume in Maxim's The Flight of a Bumble Bee. Not saying he copied ARR or what. Its just a coincidence

ur alwiz bring up things like this huh.. :roll:

Kamalan
22nd March 2006, 11:23 AM
illlaatha hidden magic-a enge poi theduvathu... :lol:

dinesh2002
22nd March 2006, 01:55 PM
illlaatha hidden magic-a enge poi theduvathu... :lol:

magicke tedavathu oru "errmmm" :lol: ofcource magic kedaikathu :rotfl:

dinesh2002
22nd March 2006, 06:35 PM
guys..listen to pachai kiligal - Indian .. from 2.40 up to the end of the song...u can hear 1 instrument playing behind following the tune of the song..along with Jesudas...

Scale
22nd March 2006, 06:48 PM
Dinesh, Keep going!

Here is my list on recent listening tho fully not insturments but truely Hidden Magics :)

a) Jana Gana Mana theme in whistle (Ist Interlude). Awesome! Listen carefully.
b) Thottal Poo malarum - HH alaaps. Shud I say this song itself a hidden magic :wink:
c) KKS & E20U18: EUT The intro of female singer hm.... Anarkali tabla & guitars piece gives me "saiyonee" feel. e) E20U18 In the middle of the asathura asathura song there is a very short cute flute piece follows. :P 1 2 3 4 & A Aah E Eee throughout aszhava & tamizhamma song. I think KKS will be in my Top 10 ARR's list even after 10 yrs. :oops:
d) Boys: Maaro Maaro middlea oru bike racing panra maadhiri accelerator raise maathiri irukkum. Kick starts then..

This is the reason why ARR's songs reviews are too lengthy. Bit bita narrate pannanum. That much he puts his innovative work.

Ramakrishna
22nd March 2006, 06:58 PM
guys..listen to pachai kiligal - Indian .. from 2.40 up to the end of the song...u can hear 1 instrument playing behind following the tune of the song..along with Jesudas...

I guess that instrument is played from he beginning of that song from the moment when Pachchai kiligal starts

Ramakrishna
22nd March 2006, 07:08 PM
In kappaleri poyaachu song from Indian, someone says laala laala laalala laala from 4.00 to 4.20.I guess it is AR.Rahman who hums that.Can anyone confirm?

Scale
22nd March 2006, 07:11 PM
RK, Its A R Rahman.

E20U18 oru nanban irundhal songla preludela EBo! (ARR) oru sound varum. That itself sounds like a instrument :lol: Lovely song.

Ramakrishna
22nd March 2006, 07:19 PM
In Jana Gana Mana song of Aayitha ezhuthu, that glass breaking sound is awesome.

Ramakrishna
22nd March 2006, 07:23 PM
In Ilamai song in GF, that hello hello hello sound is too good, at the same time funny. :rotfl:

MADDY
22nd March 2006, 07:50 PM
In paathsala song of RDBasanti, there is a ambulance siren music running throughout the song.....amazing innovation as this sound gives a sense of restlessness which describes the exact mood of youth of today......

Ramakrishna
22nd March 2006, 08:02 PM
Im karuthamma, some parts of Kaadu potta kaadu song was sung by Bharathiraja.I was shocked to know this.I think this is the only film in which a director sings in his own movie (except Kamal).ARR has done a great job in bringing music out of Bharathiraja's voice. :clap:

dinesh2002
22nd March 2006, 08:28 PM
In kappaleri poyaachu song from Indian, someone says laala laala laalala laala from 4.00 to 4.20.I guess it is AR.Rahman who hums that.Can anyone confirm?

yes....the ARRahman himself 8-)

rayan36
22nd March 2006, 08:29 PM
Have u heard hamma hamma from Bombay, before the vocal (which is rahman) there's a voice singing yaaeeyae, it sounded like SPB, can't find it in Cd,but in the movie it has the humming :wink: :wink:

dinesh2002
22nd March 2006, 08:30 PM
Have u heard hamma hamma from Bombay, before the vocal (which is rahman) there's a voice singing yaaeeyae, it sounded like SPB, can't find it in Cd,but in the movie it has the humming :wink: :wink:

its by Remo...

Ramakrishna
22nd March 2006, 08:33 PM

its by Remo...

I think he is the one who had sung the full song in hindi and telugu.

dinesh2002
22nd March 2006, 09:06 PM

its by Remo...

I think he is the one who had sung the full song in hindi and telugu.

u got it right machi !! :clap:

doraip
23rd March 2006, 04:02 AM
The hidden treasure in ARR music is Mediocrity. That's all. His music is so artificial...Good music has to have some soul behind it (not necessarily many layers).

united07
23rd March 2006, 10:06 AM
doraip, you need soul?
THeyil Vizhuntha being the latest, Piya ho in Hindi, Tu Bin Bataye from RDB and many more....

when u have no soul...u can't find one...

Scale
23rd March 2006, 01:06 PM
"Hamma Hamma" part in hindi is sure ARR. Pls check out.

united, pls ignore him.

Ramakrishna
23rd March 2006, 06:03 PM
"Hamma Hamma" part in hindi is sure ARR. Pls check out.

united, pls ignore him.

No, i am sure it is not ARR.It is by Remo.Listen carefully.You can find the difference betweenGurunaathar's voice and Remo's voice.

rayan36
23rd March 2006, 06:03 PM
ottam- Yen Kathal Nerupae

The trumpet sound in the song, really creates the mood :wink: :wink:

doraip
24th March 2006, 01:50 AM
United,

Piya ho is another mediocre. I am not sure why there is so much hype on this song.

rayan36
24th March 2006, 09:22 AM
United,

Piya ho is another mediocre. I am not sure why there is so much hype on this song.

:? What's wrong with u :?: :?: :?:

united07
24th March 2006, 10:29 AM
Doraip,

I'm ok even if you say u hate ARR. That's your choice and it's not my job to create a liking for ARR in you.

But for anyone who appreciates music to say Any song from WATER is mediocre is absolute rubbish! If piya ho is rubbish then probably Manmadha Raasa sounds like a class song to you! That's all I could conclude.

Any neutral music lover would admit Piya Ho, Bhangri Marori, Aayo re Saki are excellent to say the least! Just get me one review in whole internet that rubbishes WATER music then I would agree to you. By review I'm talking about at least half proper reviewers not some bloggers review.

Get me one! Please.

MADDY
24th March 2006, 01:06 PM
i guess, we have stopped responding to doraip....if we dunt respond to him 2-3 days, he will go quietly......or atleast to provoke us he will use some harsh statements and will be banned by admins...so stop responding to doraip guys....

rsubras
24th March 2006, 01:11 PM
doraip is shouting for attention and gullible guys fall for him and give all the attention he does not deserve

doraip can also be viewed in a different angle. If i love a particular song so deeply and lets say he comes and tell "that song is a crap, i dont know how u like it"...if i truly love the song i would continue loving it and will turn deaf to whatever he say, on the other hand if i am unsure why i liked the song, i would try to reason why i am liking the song...

so all those who have doubt about ARR and his greatness will be responding to doraip while others pass by :)

rayan36
24th March 2006, 08:59 PM
well said brothers :wink: :wink:

IN YOUR FACE DORAIP :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scale
27th March 2006, 10:43 AM
Please dont even try to attempt in finding Hidden Magics in other composers. I (tried) listening to a Stranger In Black's new album.... It is evident how crazy is he towards these hidden magic and finally messed up, guitar & few other touches in First time see :rotfl: veliye poga solladhe, naan vilven endru ennadhe <guitar>

Ramakrishna
27th March 2006, 10:04 PM
Thirupaachi Aruvaala song is a classic mass song.Listened to the song after very very long time.
It has some interesting interludes.

dinesh2002
16th April 2006, 02:08 PM
hey guys....shocklingly i used this vocal remover....i manage to get hold of this unheard instrument in Godfather's Dinam deepavali song & also u can hear more kids voice singging the 1st interlude...i have uploaded that particular part...listen and be pleased !!:

http://storeandserve.com/download/197732/Godfather_Dinam_HiddenM.mp3.html

rashid2raj
16th April 2006, 05:12 PM
hey guys....shocklingly i used this vocal remover....i manage to get hold of this unheard instrument in Godfather's Dinam deepavali song & also u can hear more kids voice singging the 1st interlude...i have uploaded that particular part...listen and be pleased !!:

:D , btw. which software are you using?

dinesh2002
16th April 2006, 07:11 PM

i use anologx vocal remover for winamp...here is the link:

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vremover.htm

:D

rashid2raj
16th April 2006, 07:16 PM

i use anologx vocal remover for winamp...here is the link:

http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/audio/vremover.htm

:D

Thx for sharing :wink:

muzammil84
17th April 2006, 02:06 PM
Hey Guys yesterday when i heard Roja Roja From KD, When the lyric come

ennaith theendak koodaadhena vaanoadu sollaadhu vangakkadal
ennai aendhak koodaadena kaiyoadu sollaadhu "pullaanguzhal"

then arr give the pullaanguzhal tune, wooow mind blowing :)

dinesh2002
18th April 2006, 09:27 AM
yes man.... it actually blended well with Unni's voice & the lyrics at that point....really good...not all songs can have that settings perfectly!

july
18th April 2006, 04:27 PM
did anyone here, listen to Arr Boys DTS 5.1 cd ???
go and listen it with headphone....there is lot of hidden unique sound..can be found... :D

rayan36
19th April 2006, 06:53 PM
All that talk 'bout hindi tunes will be used in JOK reminded me that ARR have used tamil tunes for hindi songs & they turned out pretty good with some added music/instrument;

Nachely from lakeer contains the punjabi bhangra ( i really dunno what's it called :wink: ) after the 1st palavi & through the saranam
*tune from thaniye- rythm

Chori pe chori is like a remix version of September matham from alaipayuthey with the rap intro chori chori here's my story... (blaaze) then the entire song goes with the salsa background

awatal
12th May 2006, 06:47 AM

Can someone tell me how to download from storeandserve. i have created a basic account but i cant download anything... Pl help

dinesh2002
12th May 2006, 08:39 AM

Can someone tell me how to download from storeandserve. i have created a basic account but i cant download anything... Pl help

i noticed many dunno hw to download from store&serve,here i have attacthed 3 pics of steps to download...just open these images to see how to download :

Step 1 : http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/503/step19lo.jpg

Step 2 : http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/1962/step27au.jpg

Step 3 : http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1112/step35wl.jpg

rashid2raj
12th May 2006, 07:34 PM
All that talk 'bout hindi tunes will be used in JOK reminded me that ARR have used tamil tunes for hindi songs & they turned out pretty good with some added music/instrument;

Nachely from lakeer contains the punjabi bhangra ( i really dunno what's it called :wink: ) after the 1st palavi & through the saranam

Chori pe chori is like a remix version of September matham from alaipayuthey with the rap intro chori chori here's my story... (blaaze) then the entire song goes with the salsa background

It's true machi.. :D I felt that Saathiya sounded better than Alaipayuthe.. As ARR added more to the soundtrack..

Ramakrishna
12th May 2006, 07:52 PM

It's true machi.. :D I felt that Saathiya sounded better than Alaipayuthe.. As ARR added more to the soundtrack..

But Kaathal Sadugudu song was better in tamil.

rashid2raj
12th May 2006, 08:00 PM

But Kaathal Sadugudu song was better in tamil.

This is a tough one.. :shock: .. When i first heard Adnan saami's version i loved it more than Sarans.. After some 6 months i heard Sarans again.. Then it was better.. So.. Both versions are superb, on their own way i feel.. :thumbsup:

rayan36
12th May 2006, 09:31 PM
The same goes for Jumbalaka (thakshak/ ESK).......with the trumpet in ESK n keyboard in Thakshak :wink: It's cool to have the same tune but with different instruments

rashid2raj
12th May 2006, 10:52 PM
Also in "O hum dum Suni orey" ARR used a cool vocoder, which wasn't in the tamil version.. Listen 2ND time when they sing O hum dum, after the rap piece.. 8)

rayan36
13th May 2006, 07:13 AM
Also in "O hum dum Suni orey" ARR used a cool vocoder, which wasn't in the tamil version.. Listen 2ND time when they sing O hum dum, after the rap piece.. 8)

could we do that with cool edit pro, well i tried on the tamil version but the whole music gone down, can we seperate vocal with music :?:

thamizhvaanan
13th May 2006, 09:06 AM
on a similar note, que sara sara was better than thathiyaduthe song. Any improvisation or just that the lyrics fit better?

rashid2raj
13th May 2006, 01:59 PM

could we do that with cool edit pro, well i tried on the tamil version but the whole music gone down, can we seperate vocal with music :?:

Yeah Rayan, do you have a vocoder plugin? Tjeck out Antares Autotune! I use that, and i use Cubase SX as sequencer :) Anyhow, we need only vocal track to do that..

For extracting vocals only from DVD's use "DVD audio extractor", search for that in arrahmanfans, and you'll get an complete instruction.. :)

rashid2raj
13th May 2006, 02:02 PM
http://www.antarestech.com/products/auto-tune4.shtml

rayan36
16th May 2006, 02:03 PM
Thanks for sharing Rashid :thumbsup:

rashid2raj
16th May 2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks for sharing Rashid :thumbsup:

U welcome bro.. :P

By the way, i used the vocal remover which i got from Dinesh, on the Khalbali track.. & found some hidden magic..

:arrow: http://www.mytempdir.com/669267

Just tjeck out the way ARR shouts.. So cool maan... 8-)

dinesh2002
8th October 2006, 11:44 AM
yo guys, as i was doing some vocal remover for ARR's songs, i managed to listen to this Maramkothiye part II in the part I...confused??? just download this and listen to it...excuse on the vocal sounding very soft, coz i used vocal remover to get this hidden 'version'.... ARR,ur great!!! this is just 1 layer explored!! must do more on other ARR songs to get more hidden magics!!!!

http://rapidshare.de/files/35918010/MaramKothiye_II_Ah-Aah.mp3.html

dinesh2002
8th October 2006, 09:20 PM
here is another unexpected 1...listen to this peice,its in Aararakodi pergalil - AH aah which was sung by ARR,but the surprise is Naresh has lent his voice for a line...listen to this :

http://rapidshare.de/files/35973299/Aararakodi_NareshIyer1.mp3.html

this piece comes during 3:00 the song....

rashid2raj
8th October 2006, 09:55 PM
here is another unexpected 1...listen to this peice,its in Aararakodi pergalil - AH aah which was sung by ARR,but the surprise is Naresh has lent his voice for a line...listen to this :

http://rapidshare.de/files/35973299/Aararakodi_NareshIyer1.mp3.html

this piece comes during 3:00 the song....

Nice find Dinesh, .. :thumbsup: