PDA

View Full Version : PUJA AND ARTI

NEHA1222
26th March 2006, 09:48 AM
i wanted to know if some one can post some pujas or artis for the different gods and problems such as sickness or health. for example om nameshwaye is a chant for shiva bhagwan and om jai jagadish share is a prayer can soem one post more prayers.

Arthi
26th March 2006, 12:41 PM
The Gayatri Mantra

Om Bhur Buvaha Suvaha
Thath Savithur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi
Dhiyo Yonaha Prachodayath

The meaning of the Gayatri mantra is as follows
We contemplate the glory of Light illuminating the three worlds: gross, subtle, and causal.

I am that vivifying power, love, radiant illumination, and divine grace of universal initelligence.

We pray for the divine light to illumine our minds.

Meaning of the individual words

Om: The primeval sound
Bhur: the physical world
Bhuvah: the mental world
Suvah: the celestial, spiritual world
Thath: That; God; transcendental Paramatma
Savithur: the Sun, Creator, Preserver
Varenyam: most adorable, enchanting
Bhargo: luster, effulgence
Devasya: resplendent,supreme Lord
Dheemahi: we meditate upon
Dhiyo: the intellect,understanding
Yo: May this light
Nah: our
Prachodayath: enlighten,guide,inspire

Arthi
26th March 2006, 12:43 PM
We can recite any mantras/slokas with concentration and bhakti to get a peaceful life :)

Arthi
26th March 2006, 12:45 PM
shreeman Narayana naya charanam
charanam PrabhatyaE
shreemathaE Narayanaya naya namaha

This is for VISHNU

NEHA1222
28th March 2006, 09:45 AM
thankyou so much i already know the gayatri mantar but i would like to know the meaning of the 2nd one? thnakyou!

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 09:52 AM
Hi Neha

Welcome to Mayyam! A good thread to see !
Arthi is the right light to lead you ! Hold her tightly !

:-)

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 09:56 AM
To start with !

Haarthi of Lord Ganesha

JAI GANESHA JAI GANESHA JAI GANESHA DEVAA
MAATAA JAAKII PAARVATII, PITAA MAHAADEVAA

EKA DANT DAYAAVANTA, CHAAR BHUJAA DHAARII
MASTAK PAR SINDUURA SOHAI, MUUSE KII SAVAARI
JAI GANESHAA...
Salutation to you, O Lord Ganesha, born of Parvati, the daughter of the Mountain King, Himalaya and the great Lord Shiva. O Lord of compassion, you have a single tusk, four arms, a bright mark of vermilion on your forehead and for your vehicle the mouse. Glory, glory, all glory.....

ANDHAN KO AANKHA DETA
KORHIN KO KAAYAA
BAANJHAN KO PUTRA DETA
NIRDHAN KO MAAYAA
JAI GANESHAA...
You bestow vision to the blind, chastened bodies to the lepers, sons to barren women and wealth to the pauper. Glory, glory, all glory...

HAAR CHADHE, PHOOL CHADHE
AUR CHADHE MEVAA
LADDUANA KA BHOGA LAGE
SANT KAREN SEVAA

JAI GANESHA JAI GANESHA JAI GANESHA DEVAA
MAATAA JAAKII PAARVATII, PITAA MAHAADEVAA
People offer you garlands, blossoms, dry fruits and laddus, while throngs of saints and seers attend on you. Glory, glory, all glory...

Arthi
28th March 2006, 10:37 AM
Hi Neha

Welcome to Mayyam! A good thread to see !
Arthi is the right light to lead you ! Hold her tightly !

:-)

:roll: ennai oru vazhi pannaMa vida maateengala :lol:
I will report to my GURUJI then :twisted:

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 10:40 AM
Arthi ... yaar kitta venumnaalum sollunga ...unga Guru kitta vendam ... avanga yennai kizhichu pottuduvaanga .......................................

appadieennu solluvennu ninacheengala ;-)

:Twisted Evil:

Arthi
28th March 2006, 10:46 AM
we started spoiling NEHA's thread also :lol:

ok post some other slokas jingle :)

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 11:03 AM
[tscii:ae3508c684]OM JAI SHIVA OMKAARAA, PRABHU JAI SHIVA OMKAARAA
BRAHMAA VISHNU SADAASHIVAA, ARDDHAANGII DHAARAA
OM HARA HARA MAHAADEVAA...
Glory to you, O Shiva! Glory to you, O Omkaara! May Brahma, Vishnu and the assembly of other gods, including the great Lord Shiva, relieve me of my afflictions!

EKAANANA CHATURAANANA PANCHANANA RAAJE
HANSAANANA, GARURAASANA VRISHVAAHANA SAAJE
OM HARA HARA MAHAADEVA...
Being the Absolute, True being, Consciousness and Bliss, you play the roles of all the 3 gods- Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva) As Vishnu you have but one face, as Brahma four and as Shiva five. They gladden the sight of all who behold them. As Brahma you prefer the back of the swan for your seat; as Vishnu you like to ensconce yourself on the back of Garuda (A large mythological eagle-like bird believed to be the vehicle of Lord Vishnu) and as Shiva to make the sacred bull your conveyance; all these stand ready. O Great Lord, pray rid me of my afflictions!

DO BHUJA, CHAARU CHATURBHUJA DASHABHUJA ATI SOHE
TIINON RUUPA NIRAKHATE TRIBHUVANA JANA MOHE
As Brahma, you possess two arms, as Vishnu four and as Shiva (Dashabaahu) ten, all of which look matchlessly lovely. No sooner do the inhabitants of the three spheres behold you than they are all enchanted. O great Lord Omkaara, pray rid me of my afflictions.

AKSAMAALA VANAMAALA MUNDAMAALA DHAARII
CHANDANA MRIGAMADA SOHAI BHAALE SHASHIDHAARII
You are, O great Lord Omkaara, wearing a garland of Rudraaksha, another of forest flowers the third of skulls; your forehead, glistening in the moonlight which it holds, is smeared with sandal paste and musk, Pray rid...

SHVETAAMBARA PIITAAMBARA BAAGHAMBARA ANGE
BRAHMAADIKA SANAKAADIKA PRETAADIKA SANGE
O great Lord Omkaara, your body is attired in white and yellow silken clothes and in tiger skin, while in your company are troops of goblins, gods like Brahma and divine seers like Sanaka. Pray rid...

KARA MADHYE KAMANDALU AU TRISHUULA DHAARII
SUKHAKAARII DUKHAHAARII JAGAPAALANAKAARII
O great Lord Omkaara, you hold a kamandalu (the mendicants water-jar) in one of your hands and in another a trident; you bring joy to all, destroy all distress and sustain the whole world. May you rid me of all my afflictions!

BRAHMAA VISHNU SADAASHIVA JAANATA AVIVEKAA
PRANAVAAKSARA MEIN SHOBHITA YE TINONH EKAA
The ignorant (unwise and stupid) know Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva as three individual gods, but they are all indistinguishably fused into a single mystic syllable ‘OM’. Pray rid me of my afflictions)

TRIGUNA SVAAMI KII JO KOII NARA GAVE
KAHATA SHIVAANANDA SVAAMII MANA VAAMCHITA PHALA PAAVE
Says Swami Shivananda: " He who recites this Arti to the Lord of the three gunas-sattva, rajas and tamas- attains fulfillment of his heart’s desire. O great lord Omkaara, may you rid me of my afflictions".[/tscii:ae3508c684]

NEHA1222
28th March 2006, 11:33 AM
thankyou so much

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 11:36 AM
[tscii:e1befdf304]Haarthi for Sri Maha Vishnu

OM JAYA JAGADIISHA HARE, SWAAMI JAYA JAGADIISHA HARE
BHAKTA JANONH KE SANKATA, KSHANA MEIN DUURA KARE
OM JAYA...
Glory, glory to you, O Omkaara, the Supreme Lord of the worlds and destroyer of all afflictions! Glory to you, O Lord and Master of the universe! You deliver your devotees from distress in a single instant. Glory, glory...

JO DHYAAVE PHALA PAAVE, DUKHA BINASE MANA KAA
SUKHA SAMPATI GHARA AAVE, KASHTA MITE TANA KAA
OM JAYA..
He who meditates on you reaps the fruit thereof, the fruit of your blessings and deliverance from all heart’s grief while happiness and wealth roll in into his house, and his body is cured of pain.

MAATA-PITAA TUMA MERE, SHARANA GAHUUN KISAKII
TUMA BINA AURA NA DUUJAA, AASA KARUUN JISAKII
OM JAYA...
As I have only you for my parents, who else can be my refuge? Since I have none else in the world, in whom shall I repose trust?

TUMA PUURANA PARAMAATMAA, TUMA ANTARYAAMII
PARABRAHMA PARAMESHVARA, TUMA SABA KE SVAAMI
OM JAYA...
You are the most perfect and supreme lord of all, the controller of our inmost beings, impersonal and attributeless Brahma and the supreme master of all.

TUMA KARUNAA KE SAAGAR, TUMA PAALAN KARTAA
MAIN MUURAKH KHALA KAAMII, KRIPAA KARO BHARTAA
OM JAYA...
While you are the ocean of compassion and sustainer of all, I am dull-witted (stupid), wicked and lecherous. O my beloved Lord, be gracious unto me.

TUMA HO EKA AGOCHARA, SABA KE PRAANAPATI
KISA VIDHA MILUUN DAYAAMAY, TUMAKO MAIN KUMATI
OM JAYA...
You are one and imperceptible by the senses (unattainable); you are also the lord of all the vital forces in the world ( the beloved master of every being). Can I, a wicked one, face you who are so exceedingly kind?

DIINA BANDHU DUKHAHARTAA, TUMA RAKSAKA MERE
APANE HATHA UTHAAO, DVAARA PARAA TERE
OM JAYA...
You are, O Lord of compassion (helper of the destitute) and destroyer of pain, my only protector; I am lying (forsaken) at your door; come and lift me up with your own hands.

VISHAYA VIKAARA MITAAO, PAAPA HARO DEVAA
SHRADDHAA BHAKTI BADAAO, SANTAN KII SEVAA
OM JAYA...
Extirpate, O Lord, the defilements of my senses (my sensuality) and all my transgressions, so that my faith in and devotion to you keep on growing and I am able to serve the saints.

TANA MANA DHANA JO KUCHA HAI, SABA HII HAI TERAA
TERAA TUJHAKO ARPAN, KYAA LAAGE MERAA
OM JAYA...
Whatever I have, O lord, body, intellect and wealth, is all yours. All this of which you are the owner is dedicated to you. What do I lose if I return what is not mine (or by surrendering the gifts you have given me) ?[/tscii:e1befdf304]

Arthi
28th March 2006, 11:49 AM
Thanks bingle.. am waiting for this only :)

girls can also recite right? :roll:

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 11:51 AM
Infact swami slogam solrathukku yaarukkumae thadai illai ...
I guess Gayathri mantra is not veda pata for Girls ... adhu onnu appuram vedas la sila vishayangaL....

It is being previously defined what to do n what not to do !

Do u know anything about SadaCaram ?

Arthi
28th March 2006, 11:57 AM
Infact swami slogam solrathukku yaarukkumae thadai illai ...
I guess Gayathri mantra is not veda pata for Girls ... adhu onnu appuram vedas la sila vishayangaL....

It is being previously defined what to do n what not to do !

Do u know anything about SadaCaram ?
not getting what is this? :roll:

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 12:01 PM
SadaCaram - sada-100 Caram- Aachaaram

Nam arindhu kolla vendiya 100 aacharamaana vizhayangal ... infact it is more than 100, still tis termed as SadaCaram !

Nambaloda daily activities yeppadi irukkanam, what are we supposed to do, what we shld not do ! all these are given in SadaCaram

Arthi
28th March 2006, 12:10 PM
nope... do u have a softcopy of this :roll:
Wld like to know :)

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 12:12 PM
I do not have a soft copy :(

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 12:14 PM
But i shall tell u things given in that .... probably in a seperate thread ... wat do u say ... will that be ok
? or what do we do ?

Arthi
28th March 2006, 12:24 PM
But i shall tell u things given in that .... probably in a seperate thread ... wat do u say ... will that be ok
? or what do we do ?

AppadiyaE aagattum :D.
O god this wat am searching for.... unga moolama Kathukkaren :)

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 12:29 PM
naan what do we do nnu ketten ... i ve given two options there ... choose one option ..... n say that
1) seperate thread
2) here

Arthi
28th March 2006, 12:40 PM
naan what do we do nnu ketten ... i ve given two options there ... choose one option ..... n say that
1) seperate thread
2) here

u said probabley in seperate thread... i said appadiyaE agatum... ( en lang puriyalaya thangalukku!)

Start in a seperate thread( ungaL pugazh paravuga!)
thangaL sintam ennavO :)

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 12:43 PM
Puzh paravanumaa ? appidinna ?

Well lemme think about it ..... i shld be able to reason some things out right ... coz not everything is justifiable ... btw did u see shakthi's reply on HINDU RITUALS ?

bingleguy
28th March 2006, 05:54 PM
[tscii:c4af9df0af]Haarthi of Sri Mahalakshmi

OM JAI LAKSHMI MAATAA,
MAIYAA JAYA LAKSHMI MAATAA
TUMAKO NISHADINA DHYAAVATA,
HARA VISHNU DHAATAA
Glory to you, O Mother, glory to you, mother Lakshmi. Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma meditate on you everyday and night

UMA,REMA, BRAHMAANII,
TUUHII HAI JAGA MAATAA
SUURYA CHANDRAMAA DHYAAVATA,
NAARADA RISHI GAATAA
You are yourself Parvati, Lakshmi, Saraswati and the mother of all the world. The sage Narada sings your praises and the Sun and the Moon meditate on you.

DURGAA RUUPA NIRANTARA,
SUKHA SAMPATI DAATAA
JO KOI TUMAKO DHYAAVATA,
RIDDHI SIDDHI DHANA PAATAA
As Durga, you grant both happiness and prosperity; and he who centres his attention on you becomes a recipient of all riddhis and siddhis-Prosperity and Accomplishment.

TUUHII HAI PAATAALA NIVASINI,
TUUHII SHUBHA DAATAA
KARMA PRABHAAVA PRAKAASHINI,
JAGANIDHI KE TRAATAA
None but you dwell in the nether regions of the earth and you alone ensure good luck, bring to light the effect of Karma (action) and protect all worldly treasures.

JISA GHARA MEIN TUMA RAHATI,
SABA SADAGUNA AATAA
KARA SAKE KOII KARA LE,
MANA NAHIN GHABARAATAA
All the virtues collect themselves where you have your dwelling ; with your grace and favour even the impossible becomes possible without causing any nervous agitation.

TUMA BINA YAGYA NA HOVE,
VASTRA NA KOII PAATAA
KHAAN PAANA KAA VAIBHAVA,
SABA TUMASE HII AATAA
No sacrifice can be performed without you (your grace), no one can obtain any garment (to cover his body); it is from you that one obtains one’s sustenance (food and drink).

SHUBHA GUNA MANDIRA SUNDARA,
KSHIRODADHI JAATAA
RATANA CHATURDASHA TUMA HII,
KOII NAHIIN PAATAA
O daughter of the Ocean of Milk and the beauteous temple of all propitious virtues, you are a living mass of all the fourteen gems with which none else is endowed.

AARTII LAKSHMII JII KII,
JO KOII NARA GAATAA
URA AANANDA UMANGA ATI,
PAAPA UTARA JAATAA
Whosoever hymns this prayer to Lakshmi is purged of his sins and experiences the ecstasy of joy.[/tscii:c4af9df0af]

Fire111999
11th April 2006, 02:08 AM
nice thread. but i'm not too good with reading them. i need audio links. it'd be good if u can help. thanks.

Arthi
16th April 2006, 04:53 PM
Hi Fire
This link wld help u

http://www.prapatti.com/slokas/mp3.html

Arthi
16th April 2006, 05:08 PM
SadaCaram - sada-100 Caram- Aachaaram
SadaCaram

HI Bingle can you give me the details of this Book? :)

Fire111999
16th April 2006, 05:09 PM
thanks. i'll listen to them later.

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 09:43 AM
Good to know that u ve got the book Arthi ! But remember what i said u ... dont go behind whats given in the book blindly ... try to link it with practical aspects first ... if it satisfies ur mind ... go ahead ! otherwise first ask periyava, ur mom or dad or thatha patti ..... if not try asking ur Guru n experts ... n still if beyond all these u dont get an answer for what u read ... the decision is in ur hands !

Arthi
17th April 2006, 10:20 AM
Yes Bingle rightly said. I just took a glimpse yesterday. If am satisfied with the answer then only I will follow... ( but there should be strong meaning for all Aacharams given I feel periyava never say anything blindly)I will definetly mull over the sentences given

Definetly that is a great book...

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 10:31 AM
:-) i know u ll like that book ! n i tell ... u ll be definitely amazed to see its contents ... adha paathuttu u ll feel that wat u ve been doint till date has been nothn but anaCaram !

well still tehre is time to change ;-)

i was not only amazed but lil scared to read the contents ......

Arthi
17th April 2006, 10:37 AM
You are 100% right. yesterday I just read only 2 pages Oh God I felt downhearted. I am doing everything upsidedown... At 1 point I was asking myself should I continue reading? ;)
still I have time to improve myself... That book is abt discipline that We need to follow in our life
Better late than never :)

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 10:49 AM
It does talk about a lot of disciplines ... dont hurry n read everything... that will definitely give u displeasure .... coz u ll really feel that u r doin it upside down ... for every single thing !
take time, read one by one !

btw do u wish to read Manu Dharma ????

Arthi
17th April 2006, 10:55 AM
Why not?
I wild like to read manu dharmam :)
Yesterday I told that there were many Manus...
It is said in Bhagavatam :)

Am not in a hurry Actually acharam means Ozhukkam in Tamizh which means discipline :)

Arthi
17th April 2006, 10:57 AM
Bingle: I feel like starting a thread about ANNA :)

I think we are changing the track of NEHA's thread :roll:

BTW where is NEHA? :roll: :roll:

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 11:19 AM
Ys we definitely creating a dign ... well anyways ... lets shift our discussions to PM ..... i thought if it were on an open thread many might get benefitted !

Neha .... :roll: no idea !

Anna kku thread ... definitely ... there might be many fans for his voice ... including me ! :-)

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 02:44 PM
what book is this, bingle?

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 02:47 PM
Hi Fire ... the book we are talking about is sadaCaram which means the hundred aacharam(principles) to be followed !

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 02:58 PM
i c. where can i get that book?

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 03:06 PM
probably in some southern based book trading or publishing company ... where do u live ?

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 03:33 PM
in the uk. but i'll be coming to madras and madurai in june, if that's any help!

bingleguy
17th April 2006, 03:35 PM
u can get in both the places ....

Fire111999
17th April 2006, 03:41 PM
ok, thanks. i'll take note and ask in some bookstore there.

NEHA1222
19th April 2006, 10:44 AM
thank you so much for your posts! i would definetly like to know about the 100 karam. god bless you all and may everyone make an effort to bring themselves close to god!

bingleguy
19th April 2006, 11:07 AM
:lol: Neha.... welcome back ! adhu kaaram illamma Caram .. that is CHAARAM ....... ;-)
nalla vela SKC nnu solama irundheenga ;-) :lol: