Pages : [1] 2

captain
27th March 2006, 11:22 AM
Kathal Fame Bharath.
Discuss about his movies.
He was awesome in Pattiyal :wink:

bingleguy
27th March 2006, 11:24 AM
Ya i heard he has performed very naturally in Pattiyal ! yet to see the movie .....

await more comments after ! ;-)

swathy
27th March 2006, 11:57 AM
he did well in kadhal

captain
1st April 2006, 10:44 AM
http://sify.com/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14173858&sort_idx=

:)

villan007
1st April 2006, 10:45 AM
The songs in AIBI is gud.... :D

Yuvan rocked for barath again.... 8-)

Ghlli
1st April 2006, 05:34 PM
Kadhal was sooo sadd.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

i like the film :P :P :P

i hadvnt watched pattiyal yet. :shock: :shock: :shock:

february 14th :banghead: :banghead::banghead:

whts his next film then :?:

Kollywoodfan
1st April 2006, 09:11 PM
Paatiyal, Bharath's end...man what acting...!! Go Bharath! :D

Ramakrishna
1st April 2006, 09:13 PM
Paatiyal, Bharath's ending...man what acting...!! Go Bharath! :D

What do u mean there?

Kollywoodfan
1st April 2006, 09:48 PM
Oh sorry, I meant Bharath's end...as in his death...let me change that...

Sourav
1st April 2006, 10:01 PM
Bharath's Emttan Mahan Pooja - Gallery (http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/events/Photos/emttan-mahan/index.html)

m_23_bayarea
4th April 2006, 10:23 PM
Bharath has learnt his lessons well
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, April 04, 2006]

Bharath, the poster boy in Kollywood, after the big hit in Pattiyal, is busy with offers pouring from all quarters.

Awaiting the release of the romantic entertainer Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu, the actor's next Emttan Magan has started to roll.

A happy Bharath, speaking about Pattiyal, gives all credit to director Vishnu Vardhan.

'But for a good tight script by Vishnu, I don't think, me or Arya would have come out in flying colors. He deserves every appreciation,' he adds.

On his experiences playing a deaf and dumb ruffian in the movie, Bharath says, 'I did what Vishnu wanted me to perform. I had made visits to deaf and dumb schools in Chennai and watched them very closely to give the right output on the screen.'

Ghlli
4th April 2006, 11:38 PM
I like bharath...my second favourite in the young generation....8-)

Sinthiya
11th September 2006, 08:58 AM
I watched Emttan Mahan...:roll:...

A really good movie....:thumbsup:...songs are ok...
Bharath was good; Nasser was great; Vadivelu was funny as always :lol:...

Reminded me of Thavamai Thavamirinthu :roll:...anyway it's a different story...
Nasser's father character...:oops: (scared)...well done...

Overall, a nice movie to see! :)

great
11th September 2006, 09:50 AM
I watched Emttan Mahan...:roll:...

Ithulerthe theriyuthu movie paakalenu :poke:

movie name has been changed to EM Magan :rant:

Sinthiya
11th September 2006, 10:03 AM
Ithulerthe theriyuthu movie paakalenu :poke:

movie name has been changed to EM Magan :rant:
Theatre-la EMTTAN MAHAN-than show panninaanga.... :roll:

even ticket said just 'EMTTAN'...

kb
11th September 2006, 10:07 AM
chennai kadhal with genelia..

tamil.. nalla language.. chennai tamil :oops:
kadhal nalla padam.. chennai kaadhal :?:

NOV
9th October 2006, 07:44 AM
Thirumurugan (director of Metti Oli fame) was in Malaysia recently to promote his movie Emttan Magan (changed to Em Magan to get tax incentives :roll:)
As a Metti Oli fan, naturally I too wanted to watch the movie but feared watching with my kids, knowing that I was a strict father too and that my kids will get lessons on how to deal with me. :poke:
Anyway, I managed to watch the movie last Saturday at State Cinema - with less than 30 people as fellow audience. :roll:

The story of Emttan Magan is about the relationship between a father and a son. IMO this is a much better movie than Thavamai Thavamirundhu which also dealt on the same matter. Maybe I felt that way becos there were many incidences in the movie I could relate to. At times I was the dad and at times I was the son. :boo:

Nassar's acting is top class. As the father who had worked very hard to improve his station in life and who thinks that his son has it too easy in life, Nassar brings out the emotions perfectly.

I had to check my emotions at the scene where Nassar visits Bharath at the chicken farm and marvels at his son's growth. His facial expressions were simply astounding. I also earned the wrath of Sivaji fans when I compared Nassar to Sivaji. :poke:

Bharath was no pushover either; his lecture to his father which ended with "kadaisiyaa naa onnu sollanum." then pause. then "appaa" :omg: that was the 2nd time I almost cried. :cry2:

Emttan Magan tugs at your heart; at the very bottom of it. Thirumurugan has brought all the drama of TV mega serials into this 3 hour movie. His trademarks are evident throughoput the movie - sudden twists, dark humour, heart stopping moments, heart wrenching moments.

Special mention must be made of Vadivelu; his role is not just as a comedian but also an important charachter in the movie. Saranya too acted very well as the :shaking: wife of Nassar.

I hope Emttan Magan does well at the BO, for these kind of movies are the real life reflection of society. Emttan Magan is a movie every son must watch and every father too.

Thirumaran
9th October 2006, 07:54 AM
Nice Review NOV. :thumbsup:

At last ur opinion and my opinion matches well for this movie. :mrgreen:

One of the movies which i liked very much. Nasser and Bharath were very good :)

Bharath in my opinion is heading for better place as an actor in the long run.

Before watching i thought, since it is from a Teleserial director it could be dragging. But it was not except for few moments and it was quite entertaining too :)

And it is doing good in TN and it will continue doing good atleast till diwali :P

joe
9th October 2006, 07:56 AM
Nov,
Thanks for the review .I think I need to watch this movie ASAP especially for "IMO this is a much better movie than Thavamai Thavamirundhu which also dealt on the same matter. "

NOV
9th October 2006, 08:06 AM
At last ur opinion and my opinion matches well for this movie. :mrgreen:maran, if you put aside your, ahem, (natural) fan-bias, our opinions would be similar. :poke:
My advantage is simply age. :roll:
JK.

Joe, yes, EM is a must-see for you; I am quite positive that you will like it. Nassar is a natural actor, who even Kamal used to include in every of his movie. :thumbsup:

joe
9th October 2006, 08:10 AM
Nassar is a natural actor, who even Kamal used to include in every of his movie. :thumbsup:

Yes,Naser is my favourite actor and only actor I managed to meet and talk with him few words

rachel
9th October 2006, 08:13 AM
Bharath was no pushover either; his lecture to his father which ended with "kadaisiyaa naa onnu sollanum." then pause. then "appaa" :omg: that was the 2nd time I almost cried. :cry2:

Emttan Magan tugs at your heart;

I hope Emttan Magan does well at the BO, for these kind of movies are the real life reflection of society. Emttan Magan is a movie every son must watch and every father too.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

kb
9th October 2006, 08:33 AM
bommarillu will be more entertaining and has a better way of telling the same message..

NOV
9th October 2006, 08:40 AM
bommarillu will be more entertaining and has a better way of telling the same message..:shock:
what/who/when/why is bommarillu?

and sorry, we are not into fortune telling. :roll:

kb
9th October 2006, 08:44 AM
telugu movie bommarillu... will be remade in tamil by ravi i guess

Sinthiya
12th October 2006, 08:20 AM
nice review NOV! :thumbsup:

I too wanted to watch the movie but feared watching with my kids, knowing that I was a strict father too and that my kids will get lessons on how to deal with me. :poke::rotfl:...even my dad was reluctant to see it...i don't think he has seen it yet... :roll: :oops: ...i told him he should see it... :D

Nassar's acting is top class. As the father who had worked very hard to improve his station in life and who thinks that his son has it too easy in life, Nassar brings out the emotions perfectly.:exactly:....well said....

Saranya too acted very well as the :shaking: wife of Nassar.:yes:...

cancer
6th November 2006, 05:32 PM
my next most expecting movie in this year is,

Director Sankar's S pictures, Vasantha balan directing "VEYIL" :)

saw a trailor, looking good :)

rajnifan
6th November 2006, 06:11 PM
I saw Em Magan yesterday on DVD..

The movie made me cry in various parts.... It was a movie tailor made for me.. I love such films where relationships are given importance. The movie had a Thavamai feel to it, but it was more entertaining here than TT.

Nasseer was fabulous, Barath was a revelation, Vadivelu was brilliant, Gopika was beautiful and apt, Saranya was very gud, ippadi sollikitte pogalam.

I made my parents watch the film yesterday night (and thereby i watched it again with them). i enjoyed it even more! good film from a good director (i liked his metti oli in the majority of the episodes).

my next most expecting movie in this year is,

Director Sankar's S pictures, Vasantha balan directing "VEYIL" :)

saw a trailor, looking good :)

Same here... I am expecting 'Veyyil' a lot! Its a Shankar production and Barath in it! Gonna be grt!

Tia
6th November 2006, 10:42 PM
Omdzzz jeez Emttan mahan is probably a huge hit in my house among my parents and all my aunts and uncles...lolz, it wasnt the best movie i saw but it was better than Thavamai thavamiranthu for me! my parentz and uncles and aunts are all crazzeeeeeee about the movie! :banghead: i dont think it's such a gd movie that u can be that crazy about anywayzz moving on, it was a prety gd movie i guess

but i aint a vadivel fan, but he was the best character in the whole movie! :rotfl: ! aweosme comedy by him and i guess he got out of the thang just to get beaten up by people and trying out something new, so ya it was my favourite thing vadivel had done lolzz

imsai
6th November 2006, 10:44 PM
Naser's role was the best in Em mattan magan :roll:

Sinthiya
6th November 2006, 11:56 PM
Naser's role was the best in Em mattan magan :roll:
:exactly:

imsai
9th November 2006, 08:34 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Trailers/trailers1/index.html

Veiyil trailer looks good. Bharath's movie. Shankar production. :thumbsup:

Nerd
9th November 2006, 10:26 PM
Even shankar was all praises for his assistant. Looks like another kaadhal/Imsai.. Blockbuster written all over it :thumbsup:

bulb_mani
9th November 2006, 10:51 PM
Bharath was superb in Pattiyal. Good acting... and seems to be the best dancer among all the heroes.

akumar
10th November 2006, 08:16 PM
http://spictures.org/veyil/index.html

bulb_mani
10th November 2006, 08:34 PM
Bharath in chennai Kadhal

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/movies/movies-11/chennai-kaadhal/index.html

VENKIRAJA
10th November 2006, 08:48 PM
bhavana pairs bharath in two movies! :D :D :D

bulb_mani
10th November 2006, 08:49 PM
bhavana pairs bharath in two movies! :D :D :D

Veyil is one. What is the other one in which bhavana acts with him?

arunyss
28th November 2006, 02:11 PM
expecting VEYIL from Shankar production

selvakumar
28th November 2006, 02:16 PM
With CheNNai KaathaL, the +ves that Bharath gains will eventually fade away ! :( The trailor of CK looks like "Unnai Ninaithu" + "Fights" + usual Vikram songs ! :oops:
Bharath fights by flying in the air. Who introduced these kind of fights? :banghead:

arunyss
28th November 2006, 02:24 PM
but will watch CK for Genelia

selvakumar
28th November 2006, 02:26 PM
but will watch CK for Genelia

Definitly :exactly: :yes: I will watch CK Only for GENE KUTTY :P

arunyss
28th November 2006, 03:00 PM
Any idea where VEYIL is releasing in Bangalore

NOV
8th December 2006, 08:16 AM
Both Chennai Kaadhal and Veyyil has opened in Malaysia today.
For a Bharath movie (Veyyil), the screening at TGV and GSC screens is indeed surprising - 12 cinemas in Klang valley!

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 12:40 PM
Both Chennai Kaadhal and Veyyil has opened in Malaysia today.
For a Bharath movie (Veyyil), the screening at TGV and GSC screens is indeed surprising - 12 cinemas in Klang valley!

Correction : Shankar Production ! :)
May we know how the OTHER Bharath movie had opened ! :)

BTW, Veyil will rock for sure ! will be watching it today or tomorrow. Heard that Pasupathy had done an excellant job ! :cool2:
Expecting a lot from this movie
:P

leosimha
8th December 2006, 12:44 PM
I will watch Chennai Kaadhal only for Genelia and Veyyil only for Bhavana....lets see how these movies have shaped up...

NOV
8th December 2006, 12:51 PM
May we know how the OTHER Bharath movie had opened ! :):) ok, you may be right. ;)
chennai kaadhal? dismal. the screens I mean. :P

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 12:53 PM
May we know how the OTHER Bharath movie had opened ! :):) ok, you may be right. ;)
chennai kaadhal? dismal. the screens I mean. :P

Regardless of that, Veyil would have rocked even it got released in lesser number of theatres :thumbsup: I saw the trailor of both the movie and Chennai kaathal has some :lol: fights and the usual Vikraman formula :lol:

My bet will be on VEYIL :)

smith
8th December 2006, 12:53 PM
after a long time, an actor has had 2 releases on the same day.

leo,

People watched varalaru only for asin & tirupathi only for sada. :-)

imsai
8th December 2006, 12:55 PM
after a long time, an actor has had 2 releases on the same day.

leo,

sutta pazham vEnuma, sudaatha pazham vEnumaa?

leo wasn't saying 'people' but 'I'

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 12:55 PM
after a long time, an actor has had 2 releases on the same day.leo,

People - So, smith and few other friends become "people" :lol: Leo was expressing his expectation. Why do u jump in here and bring in Ajith > :lol:

NOV - :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

smith
8th December 2006, 12:58 PM
selva,

I did not bring in ajith. Have I mentioned ajith in my post?

:-)

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 01:01 PM
selva,

I did not bring in ajith. Have I mentioned ajith in my post?

:-)

varalaru is ajith's movie...dont pretend :oops:

leosimha
8th December 2006, 01:13 PM
leo,

dubakoor smith...podanga...goyyalae...

hello smith...pls read my post...It is my opinion.....though I like Bharath's acting in movies like Kaadhal...it is my wish to see the movie for actresses...what bothers you....:lol:

though I can safely say Bharath would have performed in both the movies...well...I would like to see these 2 actresses performance...thats what mademe so....don't try to misunderstand the post...

Unicorn
8th December 2006, 01:17 PM
anybody watched Veyyil/CK :roll:
Ill watch CK for Genelia kutti :razz:

Thirumaran
8th December 2006, 01:19 PM
anybody watched Veyyil/CK :roll:

Innum FDFS mudinjirukaathu :roll:

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 01:21 PM
i am in pondy now.. going to watch veyyil... i will post my review in the evening...

Thirumaran
8th December 2006, 01:27 PM
i am in pondy now..

:clap:

Naan Pondy side poi 3 years aachu :cry:

leosimha
8th December 2006, 03:42 PM
Aandava...did you see Veyyil...Veyyil...Veyyil....

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 03:45 PM
Aandava...did you see Veyyil...Veyyil...Veyyil....evening show thaan.. :P

cancer
8th December 2006, 03:46 PM

Leo bangalore la release ???? :roll:

leosimha
8th December 2006, 03:49 PM

yes...Bangalore..la...release aagidichu....it is running in half a dozen theatres....but I think Chennai Kaadhal is screened in many theatres....

leosimha
8th December 2006, 03:50 PM
I want to see these 2 movies...but no company....:(

cancer
8th December 2006, 03:51 PM

yes...Bangalore..la...release aagidichu....it is running in half a dozen theatres....but I think Chennai Kaadhal is screened in many theatres....

ohhh rendum release aayiducha... let us watch Veyyil this weekend... Chennai kadhal.... :oops: result varattum...

cancer
8th December 2006, 03:54 PM

let we plan for Veyyil... but when... which theatre.... entha area nga neenga... :roll:

leosimha
8th December 2006, 03:58 PM

let we plan for Veyyil... but when... which theatre.... entha area nga neenga... :roll:

I am from HAL 2nd stage area.....yes rendume release aagidichu....yeah I want to see Veyyil.....the trailor looks awesome...

which area you are from...

cancer
8th December 2006, 03:59 PM

I am from HAL 2nd stage area.....yes rendume release aagidichu....yeah I want to see Veyyil.....the trailor looks awesome...

i m from Malleswaram.... Roomukku vaanga... :) namma area la paakklaam... :P

leosimha
8th December 2006, 04:01 PM

i m from Malleswaram.... Roomukku vaanga... :) namma area la paakklaam... :P

is it released in Sampige theatre...or Nataraj theatre....Sat/Sun neenga freeya....enakku office "thala"'ku mela vela irukku....

cancer
8th December 2006, 04:03 PM
dont know where they released .. but rendu theatre la ethavathu onnula release aakirukkum... paathu solren...

Saturday i will be free upto 7 pm..

Sunday.. full day free thaan... :) PM ur mobile no... :oops:

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 04:10 PM
Veyyil and Chennai kaathal are running in SRI BALAJI ! :D :P
We can see both the movies there itself :wink: :oops:

Let us hope that the pleasure we get from Veyyil doesn't get diluted by chennai kaathal :oops:

leosimha
8th December 2006, 04:15 PM
first lets get heated up by seeing Veyyil and then get cool down by seeing Chennai Kaadhal...

cancer
8th December 2006, 04:27 PM

Let us hope that the pleasure we get from Veyyil doesn't get diluted by chennai kaathal :oops:

machi entha show namakku suit aakum.... Night show venam pa... night Kulir jaasthi aayiduchu vandi otittu vara mudiyathu.. :D

leosimha
8th December 2006, 04:31 PM

machi entha show namakku suit aakum.... Night show venam pa... night Kulir jaasthi aayiduchu vandi otittu vara mudiyathu.. :D

night kulir'la veyyil semma hot machi....;)

MADDY
8th December 2006, 04:31 PM

nenachan neenga andha theatre-a dhaan suggest pannuveengannu..... 8-) .....selva, unmaya sollunga adhu unga sondha thatre dhaane?? :lol:

this weekend my schedule is packed..... :wink: ....will join u guys next week.........Veyyil shuld be a good movie i guess....

but for Azhwar ellarum serndhu oru padaya polam :bluejump:

kamalsurya
8th December 2006, 04:35 PM
Anyone watched those movies alr? :?

smith
8th December 2006, 04:38 PM
check whether traffic jam is there.

Then the movie is a hit (according to ajith fans). :-)

cancer
8th December 2006, 04:53 PM

nenachan neenga andha theatre-a dhaan suggest pannuveengannu..... 8-) .....selva, unmaya sollunga adhu unga sondha thatre dhaane?? :lol:

this weekend my schedule is packed..... :wink: ....will join u guys next week.........Veyyil shuld be a good movie i guess....

but for Azhwar ellarum serndhu oru padaya polam :bluejump:

Maddy appa enna avasaram.. next week ye plan pannlaam... :)

Ya aazwar kku pattaya kilappalaam.. :)

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 04:55 PM
Siva machi,
Veyyil - First three shows in SRI BALAJI (Day shows)
Chennai kaathaL - Evening and NIght shows
I think so. But not sure ! :) Hope you won't be get affected by the current :shaking: weather

Latest Update:
Seems Chennai KaathaL is yet another reharsh of RUN :) which may or may not join the elite list of "Run away IF you love" kind of movies :)

Maddy,
:lol: :lol: Balaji is a very good theatre IMO coz it just takes me 5 minutes to reach the theatre from my room :lol: Plus ! It screens all the TAMIL movies :wink: Yup !! We will rock the theatres when AAZHWAAR releases ! :P I am free this weekend. If VEYYIL is damn good, I can join u in the next week too IF possible
:wink:

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 05:07 PM
selva, is 5 shows a day , normal in banglore??

cancer
8th December 2006, 05:17 PM

no... i don think so... there will be 5 shows,?? :o :o

in our area 7.30-8 o clock is the last show,

leosimha
8th December 2006, 06:22 PM

no only 4 shows a day...

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 06:29 PM

Nope. NOrmally it is just 4 shows a day in Bangalore. But starting from Casino Royale and Sivapathigaaram, SRI BALAJI alone is addicted to this and they run 5 shows per day :P
Most of the theatres here close by 10pm :oops: and they don't have any 10pm show ! SRI BALAJI has a 10pm show with which they manage to run 3 shows - 2 shows for two movies. May be they want to eliminate the disadvantage that they face with the new rule that only two tamil movies should run in Bangalore :wink:

leosimha
8th December 2006, 06:39 PM

Nope. NOrmally it is just 4 shows a day in Bangalore. But starting from Casino Royale and Sivapathigaaram, SRI BALAJI alone is addicted to this and they run 5 shows per day :P
Most of the theatres here close by 10pm :oops: and they don't have any 10pm show ! SRI BALAJI has a 10pm show with which they manage to run 3 shows - 2 shows for two movies. May be they want to eliminate the disadvantage that they face with the new rule that only two tamil movies should run in Bangalore :wink:

whaat....This is news to me....only 2 tamil movies can run in bangalore....when will bangalore film chamber improve....

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 06:41 PM
whaat....This is news to me....only 2 tamil movies can run in bangalore....when will bangalore film chamber improve....

when Kannada films can have equal share and collections ! :roll:

leosimha
8th December 2006, 06:43 PM

when Kannada films can have equal share and collections ! :roll:

This is impossible....only if Kamal or Rajini does a Kannada movie...will their movie industry improve....otherwise...its very difficult...

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 08:30 PM
Movie Review
Chennai Kadhal - It’s all about romance
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 08, 2006]

It is not easy for anyone to try something different from their routine. Director Vikraman, hitherto known for his sentiment packed family entertainers, has tried a commercial pot-boiler with Chennai Kadhal. And with youngsters by his side, he has managed a decent outing.

Though he has taken a beaten-to-bush theme, where the hero and heroine fall in love and thereby antagonize their parents, the director has infused pace in the narration, which works out well.

Chennai Kadhal is a city based love story that alternates between Chennai and Mumbai. It is totally a different fare for Vikraman and the hero Bharath, as the neatly choreographed stunt sequences take Bharath on a different plane altogether. A mish-mash of romance and action with a liberal sprinkling of humour sums up Chennai Kadhal.

The story begins with a bang. Indeed so, for even in the opening we get to see the hero bashed up by some thugs, stabbed, and thrown atop a moving train in Mumbai. And his flashback unfolds amidst curiosity. Gowtham (Bharath) is a happy-go-lucky-youngster in Chennai. Irresponsible and spirited, he does not take life seriously. He incurs the wrath of his father for his attitude.

Gowtham meets Narmadha (Genelia) near her hostel accidentally. They get into a teeny-weeny argument. Later on, he comes across Narmadha in an express train. Due to some untoward mishap, the train gets halted in a remote village for three days. Gowtham and Narmadha get acquainted with each other. The sequences in the train remind one of certain scenes in the Hindi flick DDLJ. Nevertheless, the sequences arouse interest.

Goutham is mostly seen in the company of his friends who run ‘Cine Vehicle Suppliers,’ a company which supplies vehicles for film shoots. As it happens, he also gets a chance to share the frame of a film in a Police costume. The turn of events leads Narmadha (Genelia) believe that he is, in fact, an inspector. She expresses her love to him, which he accepts, and things go well until she comes to know that Gowtham is not a police officer. However, she is soon convinced by Gowtham.

Enters Sakthivel (Radharavi), father of Narmada, a dreaded thug in Chennai. Narmadha, who had cut off all ties with him after knowing that he is a ruffian, had been studying and staying in a hostel while working part-time to manage her expenses. At such circumstances, Sakthivel decides to get Narmada married to a gangster's brother. Sensing trouble, Narmadha and Gowtham elope to Mumbai. Sakthivel's men go on their trail. But an unexpected turn of events brings about trouble to the lovers again. The rest is about how Gowtham fights against all odds and successfully marries Narmada.

Radha Ravi’s comeback to films is heartening. It goes without saying that he has done a commendable job. Bharath has done enough justice to his role, so has Genelia. Genelia’s costumes deserve special mention here. She is indeed a treat to the eyes. Likewise, the foreign locales where the songs are picturised. They transport you to cool blue waters, captured beautifully by Muthu Ganesh’s camera. Joshua Sridhar emerges a winner with songs belonging to different genres and re-recording, which is easy on the ears. Editing by Antony is crisp. Jaguar Thangam’s stunts are also good.

Vikraman has introduced the winner of a popular regional television show in this film. He has played his part well, and his histrionics has helped to carry the story forward.

Laudable performances, a racy screenplay and the light-hearted comic sequences make Chennai Kadhal a definite winner.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/8299.html

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 08:48 PM
[tscii:7fc7455572]Veyyil Review

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14346719&ctid=5&cid=2429

By Moviebuzz
No two ways about it- Director Shankar’s ‘S Pictures’ has consolidated its reputation as the best production house in Tamil cinema. They make commercially viable quality films. Once again Shankar has introduced Vasantha Balan a director who understands the nuances of making a realistic film with well-etched out characters and strong screenplay.

Welcome back to real, solid film making in an era of shallow, fraudulent larger-than-life movies, here is the definitive movie with a moral framework. This one works and keeps you riveted. Veyil is one straight from the heart. The story is told through the protagonist Murukesan (Pasupathy) who recalls his childhood in a village near Virudhanagar. His father is a butcher who works hard to bring up his four children two boys and two girls and has a happy family.

Murukesan dotes on his younger brother Kathir and his weakness, like any other adolescent is love for movies (especially MGR films) that are screened in a local theatre. But one day life changes for him when his father catches him red-handed from the theatre after he bunks school. The child is severely punished and he runs away from home after taking money and jewels.

His journey is quiet exciting with its share of happiness and sorrows. He is taken under the wings of a theatre projectionist in a nearby town and slowly the theatre becomes his home. He falls in love with Thankam (Malavika, a TV actress from Malayalam) a beautiful girl who lives opposite the theatre but their love story does not have a happy ending. Murukesan is dejected after Thankam’s death and the theatre is demolished.

He decides to return home after 20 years. The rest of the film is all about Murukesan’s mental turmoil’s as he is caught between the deep love showered by his younger brother Kathir (Bharath) who runs a successful advertising agency and his guilt of not being a responsible son or elder brother. There is parallel love story between Meenakshi (Bhavana), an innocent girl and Kathir. Then there is Pandi (Shreya Reddy) who is Murukesan childhood sweetheart.

It is actually in dealing with Murukesan’s character especially his relationship with his father where Vasantha Balan’s brilliant touch comes to the fire. One of the best scenes in the film is when Murukesan comes home after 20 years and his father’s reaction to the situation. Hats off to all the actors- The father, mother and of course Pasapathy who perform with subtle emotions that will stay with you for long.

Quite naturally, it is Pasupathy who presides over the show magisterially. His composure, dead pan expressions, happiness and tears are tangible, real and touching. Bharath as Kathir has given a knockout performance as the aggressive and responsible guy just like how he was during his childhood. Bhavana, Shreya and the new girl Malavika are all apt in their roles. Newcomers like the father, mother, sisters, friends are all life-like.

A.R.Rahman’s nephew G.V.Prakash is the musical discovery of the year. He has given some memorable tunes with meaningful lyrics of Na Muthukumar. The superbly picturised Veyilodu Vilaiyaadi… and Uruguthey… stands out along with the rousing background score. Cinematographers Madhi and Azhagappan’s camera gives the film the feel and touch of rural Tamilnadu.

On the downside, Veyil totters in the second half with too many songs, and sentimental mush. The scene in which the family accuses Murukesan of stealing his sister’s jewels and his breakdown were too mushy and seeped in pathos. All this mars the tempo and the last 15 minutes needs urgent trimming. The first half of the film seems to be inspired from the Italian master Gisuppe Tornatone’s classic Cinema Paradiso (1988).

Bravo Shankar .. You have the guts. If you like good cinema, go and watch Veyil

Verdict: Very Good

so, VEYYIL rocks ! :cool2:

BTW, Sify had indirectly shown their dedication towards Shankar a lot ! :lol: :lol: [/tscii:7fc7455572]

kb
8th December 2006, 08:59 PM
padam nalla irrukuthunu sonaalum thappa :roll:

lets watch and decide :D

selvakumar
8th December 2006, 09:02 PM
padam nalla irrukuthunu sonaalum thappa :roll:
lets watch and decide :D

:roll: machi, I just commented on their praise on Shankar continously. well.. Nothing against Shankar ! But that sounded a bit too much for REVIEW

enga oora vachi edutha orae padam.. mathavanga nalla irukkunnaa Atha pathi naan aen kindal pannu poraen ... :oops: :oops:

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 09:54 PM
sify-kku sankar evvalavu amount vettunaarunu therila :lol:

Nerd
8th December 2006, 09:59 PM
Sify reviews are very good these days. Though I dont believe their NEWS in general, their reviews are too good :thumbsup:

kb
8th December 2006, 10:09 PM
:thumbsup: except for some vj movies :wink:

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 10:13 PM
Saw the movie in Cuddalore... its good , but not great....

the sify review is biased....

the lead actors have performed superbly... baavana is slightly behind others...

the movie has a good story... the screenplay is good, but the movie cud have edited much better... almost every scene is a bit overdone.. many scenes are stretched....

GV prakash has done a OK job... the songs are not great... two songs are good... the BGM is good in patches...

sify idiot says that the last 15 mins need to be trimmed... loosu payal, the climax is good and needs no trimming... there is a folk song in the 2nd half which is a total waste needs to be cut ASAP....

the movie hall was about 40% full.... this movie will not be a flop , i guess... it wont be a big hit like kaadhal or Imsai arasan...

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 10:14 PM
Saw the movie in Cuddalore... its good , but not great....

the lead actors have performed superbly... baavana is slightly behind others...

the movie has a good story... the screenplay is good...

oh my god, TR interview is going on TV...

Pongaluku Aalwariyum Pokiriyum Miratta Varugirar VEERASAMY :twisted:

Nerd
8th December 2006, 10:18 PM

How about your reviews :lol:

I would never forget your vallavan review :evil:

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 10:19 PM
U know what sify did with Varalaru review? :lol:

They first posted first as Below-Average ... then changed to Watchable....then Average... then Above-Average... and then back to Average :lol:

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 10:31 PM

How about your reviews :lol:

I would never forget your vallavan review :evil:i still stand by it.... i felt the movie was very entertaining...

sometimes the crowd has a big impact on our perception of the movie... so, the mass response that vallavan received might have influenced my opinion abt the movie...

great
8th December 2006, 10:42 PM
[tscii:eab923d2f1]
Movie Review
Chennai Kadhal - It’s all about romance
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 08, 2006]

Laudable performances, a racy screenplay and the light-hearted comic sequences make Chennai Kadhal a definite winner.

:o from vikraman :lol2:

The first half of the film seems to be inspired from the Italian master Gisuppe Tornatone’s classic Cinema Paradiso (1988).

:cool2: atlast pasupathy is getting decent roles .
[/tscii:eab923d2f1]

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 10:53 PM
great,

pasupathy had given two superb performances this year... in E and veyyil....

he deserves a reputed award..

great
8th December 2006, 10:57 PM
great,

pasupathy had given two superb performances this year... in E and veyyil....

he deserves a reputed award..

Yeah aandava.

I liked his performance in Virumaandi after that he has got meaty roles its seems. :D

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 11:03 PM
andavar introduce pasupathi to the tamil industry in marudanaayagam... and yes he rocked in virumandi...

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 11:04 PM
andavar introduce pasupathi to the tamil industry in marudanaayagam... and yes he rocked in virumandi...

joe
8th December 2006, 11:05 PM
Pasupathi did comedy also in Maja and MX ..quite good.

kb
yeah... virumaandi kothaalathevan was superb..

dialogue delivery,bodylanguage was gr8..

guess no one starts a new thread for him :lol:

E was also a gud performance. but somehow he didnt have much scope in first half

bulb_mani
Pasupathi did comedy also in Maja and MX ..quite good.

:yes:

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 11:06 PM
but ithu barath thread...

same way, in a supposed to be "barath movie" veyyil, pasupathi rox..... barath also has given a great performance again...

Nerd
8th December 2006, 11:07 PM
chennai kadhal has got a good review from indiaglitz. But I dont know of a movie which was criticized by indiaglitz :lol2:

joe
8th December 2006, 11:08 PM
barath also has given a great performance again...

Oh! Is it? :D This is guy is becoming very promising :)

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 11:09 PM
He proved in mettle in Kaadhal and Pattiyal

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 11:09 PM
barath also has given a great performance again...

Oh! Is it? :D This is guy is becoming very promising :)yes ... he and jeeva are two very bright prospects for tamil cinema.....

joe
8th December 2006, 11:10 PM
chennai kadhal has got a good review from indiaglitz. But I dont know of a movie which was criticized by indiaglitz :lol2:

Indiaglitz need support from all ,since they cover all functions ,interviews..So they don't critisize anybody.

Aandavan
8th December 2006, 11:11 PM

Indiaglitz need support from all ,since they cover all functions ,interviews..So they don't critisize anybody. :notthatway: :notthatway: they criticised jaambavaan and ithu kaadhal varum paruvam..

kb
8th December 2006, 11:12 PM
also they sell tickets..

how it will be if they sell tickets for movie which they say is horrible :lol:

joe
8th December 2006, 11:13 PM
they criticised jaambavaan and ithu kaadhal varum paruvam..

athellam naan padam list-laye sekkurathilla :lol:

great
:evil: Prashanth movieya kindal panratha ellorukum pOllapa pOchu :lol2:

Aandavan
also they sell tickets..

how it will be if they sell tickets for movie which they say is horrible :lol: 8-) 8-) good... thats the exact reason...

joe
8th December 2006, 11:16 PM

Prasanth-a venummu kindal panna avar namakku pagaya enna?

See..he has been in this industry for atleast 15 years..any improvement ?any achivement ? any solid performance ? athe unarchiyillatha mugam ,expression :evil:

young boys like Bharath achived more than prasanth.

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 11:17 PM

Prasanth-a venummu kindal panna avar namakku pagaya enna?

See..he has been in this industry for atleast 15 years..any improvement ?any achivement ? any solid performance ? athe unachiyillatha mugam ,expression :evil:

young boys like Bharath achived more than prasanth.

:oops: :(

great
8th December 2006, 11:19 PM
Naanum prashanthA kindal thaan pannean :oops: antha post avaRa support pannal illa :exactly:

joe
8th December 2006, 11:21 PM
Naanum prashanthA kindal thaan pannean :oops: antha post avaRa support pannal illa :exactly:

athu theriyum :lol: aanalum naama solla vanthatha sollipudanumilla :)

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 11:21 PM
Aasan kochi paaru pavam pa :oops:

joe
8th December 2006, 11:22 PM

enna mozhi ithu? :roll: Malayalathu-la thittura maathiri irukku :(

great
8th December 2006, 11:24 PM

athu theriyum :lol: aanalum naama solla vanthatha sollipudanumilla :)

Man with a wodden face = Prashanth 8-)

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 11:24 PM

enna mozhi ithu? :roll:

unga signature ena mozhila iriko adhe mozhi :roll:

joe
8th December 2006, 11:25 PM

enna mozhi ithu? :roll:

unga signature ena mozhila iriko adhe mozhi :roll:

saththiyama enakku puriyalla :oops:

ஆசன் கொச்சி பாரு பாவம் பா -nna enna arththam?

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 11:27 PM
"Aasan" --> apadinu oru hubber thani aala irundhu prashant top star nu oru thread nadathi varugiraar.... avarai punpadum padi pesavendam endru vendikonden....

Ipo Puriyidha Joe annathe :P

Ramakrishna
8th December 2006, 11:28 PM
"Aasan" --> apadinu oru hubber thani aala irundhu prashant top star nu oru thread nadathi varugiraar.... avarai punpadum padi pesavendam endru vendikonden....

Avar manasu punpadanumnu vendikreenglaa :roll:

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 11:30 PM

Avar manasu punpadanumnu vendikreenglaa :roll:

Ramakrishna :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Olunga padi --> avarai punpadum padi pesavendam endru vendikonden

joe
8th December 2006, 11:31 PM

ippo puriyuthu :D

Naan muthalla ஆசன் கொச்சி பாரு பாவம் பா -nnu padichen..onnum puriyala :lol:

bulb_mani
8th December 2006, 11:32 PM

ippo puriyuthu :D

Naan muthalla ஆசன் கொச்சி பாரு பாவம் பா -nnu padichen..onnum puriyala :lol:

:oops:

leosimha
9th December 2006, 02:02 PM
[tscii:5e108f608d]Veyil
Movie
Veyil
Director
Vasantha Balan
Producer
Shankar
Music
G.V.Prakash
Cast
Pasupathy, Bharath, Bhavana, Shreya Reddy
Post Your Review
By Moviebuzz
No two ways about it- Director Shankar’s ‘S Pictures’ has consolidated its reputation as the best production house in Tamil cinema. They make commercially viable quality films. Once again Shankar has introduced Vasantha Balan a director who understands the nuances of making a realistic film with well-etched out characters and strong screenplay.

Welcome back to real, solid film making in an era of shallow, fraudulent larger-than-life movies, here is the definitive movie with a moral framework. This one works and keeps you riveted. Veyil is one straight from the heart. The story is told through the protagonist Murukesan (Pasupathy) who recalls his childhood in a village near Virudhanagar. His father is a butcher who works hard to bring up his four children two boys and two girls and has a happy family.

Murukesan dotes on his younger brother Kathir and his weakness, like any other adolescent is love for movies (especially MGR films) that are screened in a local theatre. But one day life changes for him when his father catches him red-handed from the theatre after he bunks school. The child is severely punished and he runs away from home after taking money and jewels.

His journey is quiet exciting with its share of happiness and sorrows. He is taken under the wings of a theatre projectionist in a nearby town and slowly the theatre becomes his home. He falls in love with Thankam (Malavika, a TV actress from Malayalam) a beautiful girl who lives opposite the theatre but their love story does not have a happy ending. Murukesan is dejected after Thankam’s death and the theatre is demolished.

He decides to return home after 20 years. The rest of the film is all about Murukesan’s mental turmoil’s as he is caught between the deep love showered by his younger brother Kathir (Bharath) who runs a successful advertising agency and his guilt of not being a responsible son or elder brother. There is parallel love story between Meenakshi (Bhavana), an innocent girl and Kathir. Then there is Pandi (Shreya Reddy) who is Murukesan childhood sweetheart.

It is actually in dealing with Murukesan’s character especially his relationship with his father where Vasantha Balan’s brilliant touch comes to the fire. One of the best scenes in the film is when Murukesan comes home after 20 years and his father’s reaction to the situation. Hats off to all the actors- The father, mother and of course Pasapathy who perform with subtle emotions that will stay with you for long.

Quite naturally, it is Pasupathy who presides over the show magisterially. His composure, dead pan expressions, happiness and tears are tangible, real and touching. Bharath as Kathir has given a knockout performance as the aggressive and responsible guy just like how he was during his childhood. Bhavana, Shreya and the new girl Malavika are all apt in their roles. Newcomers like the father, mother, sisters, friends are all life-like.

A.R.Rahman’s nephew G.V.Prakash is the musical discovery of the year. He has given some memorable tunes with meaningful lyrics of Na Muthukumar. The superbly picturised Veyilodu Vilaiyaadi… and Uruguthey… stands out along with the rousing background score. Cinematographers Madhi and Azhagappan’s camera gives the film the feel and touch of rural Tamilnadu.

On the downside, Veyil totters in the second half with too many songs, and sentimental mush. The scene in which the family accuses Murukesan of stealing his sister’s jewels and his breakdown were too mushy and seeped in pathos. All this mars the tempo and the last 15 minutes needs urgent trimming. The first half of the film seems to be inspired from the Italian master Gisuppe Tornatone’s classic Cinema Paradiso (1988).

Bravo Shankar .. You have the guts. If you like good cinema, go and watch Veyil.

Verdict: Very Good [/tscii:5e108f608d]

rachel
10th December 2006, 07:50 AM
bharath is a very good actor than skinny dhanush and stupid chimbu

joe
10th December 2006, 06:56 PM
Today I watched 'Veyil' in theatre.

Great performance from Pasupathi :clap:

Bharath did very good job ,making him very promising young actor who supports good attempts and encourage different movies.

Bit lengthy movie and too much violence at the end, still it is a worth movie.

Director vasantha balan really has talent ,most of the scenes are very realistic and he could able to grap very good perfprmance from every single actor/actress.

Overall ,it is a good movie,could have been very good if it is trimed and reduce the number of songs and some raw voilence .Pasupathi rocks :thumbsup:

bulb_mani
10th December 2006, 07:00 PM
bharath is a very good actor than skinny dhanush and stupid chimbu

:evil: :evil:

MADDY
10th December 2006, 07:32 PM

Bharath did very good job ,making him very promising young actor who supports good attempts and encourage different movies.

Director vasantha balan really has talent ,most of the scenes are very realistic and he could able to grap very good perfprmance from every single actor/actress.

Overall ,it is a good movie,could have been very good if it is trimed and reduce the number of songs and some raw voilence .Pasupathi rocks :thumbsup:

how was the BGM joe sir??? maama level-ukku kuduthirukkara illaya??

bulb_mani
10th December 2006, 07:34 PM
BGM was good it seems...

PS : BGMna adhu harris thaan best :evil:

Ramakrishna
10th December 2006, 07:34 PM

Avaru maama level ennanu kaetpaaru :lol:

villan007
10th December 2006, 07:37 PM

:rotfl: .... aama aama bbc la sonnanga :lol2:

great
10th December 2006, 07:38 PM

:rotfl:

:lol: If its BGM , It has to be Isaiya Raja 8-)

joe
10th December 2006, 07:39 PM

vanga ramakrishna sir! unga alavukku theriyattalum ,ARR -kku marumagannu theriyum sir! :)

Considering his very young age ,BGM is quite GOOD..I never heard songs before ..But 2 songs caught my attention in the first hearing itself :)

Ramakrishna
10th December 2006, 07:39 PM

:lol: If its BGM , It has to be Isaiya Raja 8-)

Perfect 8-)

Haan Bulbu, nethu Samurai padam paathen athula Harris BGM extraordinary ya potrukaaru, atha pathi konjam janangalukku eduthu sollunga :lol2:

MADDY
10th December 2006, 07:41 PM

:rotfl: ....thats true...

mani - IR,Rahman-nnu rendu periya thalainga irukkombodhu HJ engindra vaal ada koodathu.... :D

bulb_mani
10th December 2006, 07:42 PM
Ellam Kindal Pannadheenga Thalaivar Harrisa... :evil:

KK , Gajini , Minnale , Samurai , 12B , VV , ellam BGM super :evil:

Ramakrishna
10th December 2006, 07:43 PM
Neenga muthalla Samurai BGM pathi janangalukku eduthu sollunga :lol2:

villan007
10th December 2006, 07:44 PM

padam super .... but BGM ? :roll: ..... yEn thooti jaya add pannalaya ? :lol:

anyway stop digressing :twisted: :P

bulb_mani
10th December 2006, 07:58 PM

padam super .... but BGM ? :roll: ..... yEn thooti jaya add pannalaya ? :lol:

anyway stop digressing :twisted: :P

Stopped :evil:

mazhaichaaral
10th December 2006, 08:10 PM
Ellam Kindal Pannadheenga Thalaivar Harrisa... :evil:

vv BGM heard like some arr work....i cant recognize the music

mazhaichaaral
10th December 2006, 08:11 PM
i meant thye climax bgm

rachel
11th December 2006, 02:37 AM
i really like bharath. he always acts as a vulnerable boy..it suits his image ..

em magan was a village based dad-son emotional movie...
typical arrogant angry dad nasser and obedient soft son bharath

it's so touchy movie .at the same time it was enjoyable .vadivelu did a good job..he comes in touchy scenes and makes them funny...
it was a great movie..

couple of nice songs...
happy ending :thumbsup: :D

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 08:40 AM
I watched VEYYIL on Saturaday and it was an ELIXIR !
IMO,
VEYYIL - BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR
If you think that Kaadhal was better, VEYYIL is 1000 times better than KAADHAL ! :)
Much impressed with the movie. will post the review later

After this, yesterday, ATE a POISON by name CHENNAI ORU KAADHAL ! - A striaght masala with scenes URUVIFIED from popular TELUGU FLICKS !
:hammer: :banghead:
Vikraman - :hammer:

MADDY
11th December 2006, 09:29 AM
A striaght masala with scenes URUVIFIED from popular TELUGU FLICKS !

pinna pongal-ukku kooda ippadi oru padam varumnnu sollunga :cry:

villan007
11th December 2006, 09:30 AM
A striaght masala with scenes URUVIFIED from popular TELUGU FLICKS !

pinna pongal-ukku kooda ippadi oru padam varumnnu sollunga :cry:

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 09:34 AM
Maddy :lol:

Bharath roars like a LION :roll: :oops:

Flies like a ButterFly :roll:

Fights like a TIGER :roll: :oops:

Builds up <= CHIMP :? :oops:

Overall - Seems he had learnt a lot from the present generation of actors who keep on giving action movies.
I welcome his decision :thumbsup:
You cannot do class movies all the time. He rocks in that way !

Yesterday, Chennai kaadhal was HOUSEFUL !

For veyyil, only 40 people were in the theatre out of the 500 seats :oops: :(

That shows the POWER OF TELUGU MASALA :lol:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th December 2006, 09:56 AM
Vikraman thirunthi iruppaarnu nenachchi Chennai Kaathal padaththukku poen... naan thaan kadaisiyil varunthi veliyil vanthen......ore oru nalla vishayam, vikraman's brand attai kaththi vasanangal(cardboard knife dialogs) padaththil kidayaathu, attai kaththi means - the boring dialogs with S.A.Rajkumars LALA music in between each attaikaththi

ajaybaskar
11th December 2006, 11:24 AM
Veyyil-Cute film..Very emotional. hats off to shankar and team

leosimha
11th December 2006, 11:27 AM
Bharat on cloud nine
By Moviebuzz | Monday, 11 December , 2006, 07:56
Bharat held a success meet for "the twin triumph" of his Veyil and Chennai Kathal at Radha Park Inn in Chennai on Sunday evening. According to Bharat: "Veyil is a super hit all over Tamilnadu and Chennai Kathal has also opened well. For the first time a hero is having two releases on the same day, after Sivaji sir did it a few decades back".

Bharat feels that both these films have given him a new image and also as a star who is saleable. His next release will be Koodal Nagaram sometime in February which has shaped out well. He plays a double role in the film which has Bhavana and Sandhya as heroines.

As far as the future is concerned, Bharat will start work on Khiladi , to be directed by A.Venkatesh in January, followed by Nepali. When a press person asked him about his romantic link up with Genelia, he denied it and said "We are good friends."

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

bulb_mani
11th December 2006, 11:31 AM
Vikraman thirunthi iruppaarnu nenachchi Chennai Kaathal padaththukku poen... naan thaan kadaisiyil varunthi veliyil vanthen......ore oru nalla vishayam, vikraman's brand attai kaththi vasanangal(cardboard knife dialogs) padaththil kidayaathu, attai kaththi means - the boring dialogs with S.A.Rajkumars LALA music in between each attaikaththi

:rotfl: :rotfl: :oops:

Thirumaran
11th December 2006, 11:34 AM
bulb,

:rotfl: emoticon use panni ithu varaikkum oru 1000 posts panni irupeengala :roll: :o

leosimha
11th December 2006, 11:35 AM
I am surprised Vikraman hasn't delivered with Chennai Kaadhal....

Vikraman...an asst. of K.S.Ravikumar....

bulb_mani
11th December 2006, 11:37 AM
bulb,

:rotfl: emoticon use panni ithu varaikkum oru 1000 posts panni irupeengala :roll: :o

Thirumaran naa adha kammiya thaan use panen.. ungala madiri oru sila "Romba-Nallavanga" over hype panitaanga :evil:

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 11:37 AM
Veyyil may fell flat if it doesn't pick up ! The crowd turn out here for Veyyil was :oops:

I hope "smith" will respond to the above sify article like

"within two days bharath has two hits ! :) "

Vikraman...an asst. of K.S.Ravikumar....

Nope. KSR is an asst of vikraman ! :)

leosimha
11th December 2006, 11:42 AM
r u sure that KSR is an asst. of Vikraman...

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 11:45 AM

100% sure.. coz that is the truth ! Vikraman commented on this in one of his interviews ! :)

Aandavan
11th December 2006, 11:50 AM

100% sure.. coz that is the truth ! Vikraman commented on this in one of his interviews ! :) yes ur correct... KSR in his initial movies used to put "ksr from vikraman"

Aandavan
11th December 2006, 11:52 AM
Yesterday, Chennai kaadhal was HOUSEFUL !

For veyyil, only 40 people were in the theatre out of the 500 seats :oops: :(

That shows the POWER OF TELUGU MASALA :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: here in chennai, veyyil had a better opening...

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 11:55 AM
Karthi,
Veyyil will become a HIT in the village sides ! But I am keeping my fingers crossed after seeing the crowd.
Most of them were PAIRs who came to the theatre for :oops:

IMO, IF Veyyil becomes a BLOCKBUSTER, then that will be good for Pasupathy who had done an excellant job in the movie.

His slang and modulation and acting wow..... :D

Aandavan
11th December 2006, 11:56 AM
Karthi,
Veyyil will become a HIT in the village sides ! But I am keeping my fingers crossed after seeing the crowd.
Most of them were PAIRs who came to the theatre for :oops:

IMO, IF Veyyil becomes a BLOCKBUSTER, then that will be good for Pasupathy who had done an excellant job in the movie.

His slang and modulation and acting wow..... :D veyyil cant become a huge hit like kaadhal .... it might become an average hit... chennai kaadhal is sure flop...

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 11:59 AM
veyyil cant become a huge hit like kaadhal .... it might become an average hit... chennai kaadhal is sure flop...

Wait and see.. Dhanu will come and claim that chennai kaadhal rescued his life ! :oops: :oops:

Aandavan
11th December 2006, 12:03 PM
veyyil cant become a huge hit like kaadhal .... it might become an average hit... chennai kaadhal is sure flop...

Wait and see.. Dhanu will come and claim that chennai kaadhal rescued his life ! :oops: :oops: avan oru kalai pulu...

which movie drowned him badly??? he suffered a loss of about 2 to 3 crores with aalavandhan , that too becuase of his mindless marketing.... punnagai poove was average... kaakka kaakka was very very profitable for him... even with sachein he wud have made a profit.(distributor and theatre owners-kku appu)....

kb
11th December 2006, 12:04 PM
avan oru kalai pulu...

which movie drowned him badly??? he suffered a loss of about 2 to 3 crores with aalavandhan , that too becuase of his mindless marketing.... punnagai poove was average... kaakka kaakka was very very profitable for him... even with sachein he wud have made a profit.(distributor and theatre owners-kku appu)....

aye :roll: apuram

bulb_mani
11th December 2006, 12:04 PM
Kalai Puli Thaanu is a wicked man i guess.... THotti Jeya was very good... he did not helo the film sustain bcoz of his rivalry with simbu

Aandavan
11th December 2006, 12:06 PM
avan oru kalai pulu...

aye :roll: apuram yes ... what i said was absolutely true... the distributors and theatre owners suffered more losses than that idiot... he just created a fake drama .... he is a really wicked idiot....

kb
11th December 2006, 12:08 PM
yeah..but he showed as if he is goin to give yellow notice after aalavandhaan. theva illaatha buildup :?

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 12:09 PM
Karthi,
For aalavanthaan, :roll: I think IT IS A SHARED RESPONSIBILITY.
That is why I would rate
LOW BUDGET MOVIES AS SAFE BETS COMPARED TO THESE ! :roll:
Plus - Investment and experiments should not go in the same film ! :) especially IF you are dealing with people who expect a LOT OF ROI

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 12:10 PM
yeah..but he showed as if he is goin to give yellow notice after aalavandhaan. theva illaatha buildup :?

Let us leave this. It can hijack this thread :oops: :oops:

Aandavan
11th December 2006, 12:11 PM
Karthi,
That is why I would rate
Plus - Investment and experiments should not go in the same film ! :) especially IF you are dealing with people who expect a LOT OF ROI yeah, aalavandhan was a black mark in kamal's career...

kamal had agreed that aalavandhan is one of his worst efforts....

leosimha
11th December 2006, 12:12 PM
kb...I would like to know what is yellow card.....I have heard of Red card in Tamil Cinema...but not yellow card....

also aalvanathan.....i think thanu didn't do marketing for this movie at all...

Aandavan
11th December 2006, 12:14 PM
lets leave aalavandhan and discuss veyyil or chennai kaadhal..

vasanth2006
11th December 2006, 06:14 PM
Karthi,
That is why I would rate
Plus - Investment and experiments should not go in the same film ! :) especially IF you are dealing with people who expect a LOT OF ROI yeah, aalavandhan was a black mark in kamal's career...

kamal had agreed that aalavandhan is one of his worst efforts....

aalavandhan is very good movie except that flashback and bulls**t graphics.
Nandhu character is unbeliavable. Kamal only can do justice to that character. kamal's face reactions and body language is excellent.

End Dig.

Tia
11th December 2006, 11:19 PM
Sweet song :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8AOielxCf8

Ramakrishna
12th December 2006, 11:11 PM
[tscii]Veyil, A sunny escapade in a man’s life
This news is sponsored by www.behindbikes.com
Veyil
Bhavana & Bharath

Cast: Bharath, Pasupathy, Bhavna, Shriya Reddy, Priyanka, G M Kumar, T K Kala, S Ravi Maria.

Direction: Vasantha Balan

Music: G V Prakash

Banner: S Pictures
Director Vasantha Balan

Director Vasantha Balan has set his sight on awards for this film and in all likelihood could emerge successful in his mission. He is one of the initial apprentices from Shankar’s school of direction. Having trained Vasantha Balan in his school, Shankar has gone ahead to produce Veyil under his banner ‘S Pictures’. The first step towards the victory of this film is the selection of artists for each and every character where the director scores full marks.
The Theme

The film revolves around parental attitude towards their children. Though it is the right of every parent to raise their children with a sense of discipline, an excessive dose of regimental attitude is sure to misfire and bring chaos in the life of their offspring. This is the central fabric of Veyil around which the entire movie is spun.

Opening scene evokes a lot of expectations from the audience. The film unfolds in the first shot with thunder, lightening and rainfall totally in contrast with its title. Once the movie picks up pace and engulfs the audience in its flow, it induces a shower of tears from their eyes and sucks them in totally. It is difficult for anyone to come out unscathed in this emotional torrent.

Veyil
Besides this, the gramophone records and theatres which are slowly doing the vanishing act from our civilization are brought to light by the director. When the theatre in the film is bulldozed, our heart is also razed down along with it.
Veyil
The Story

The location for Veyil is a village near Virudunagar district. A small boy (Pasupathy) goes to cinema theatre instead of school and gets caught. As a punishment he is totally stripped of his clothes with his hands and legs tied by a rope and tormented in blistering mid-day Sun. Repeated apologies from him do not move his father. The humiliation and the excruciating pain that accompanies this event traumatize the life of this small boy to a great extent. This incident is getting rewound in his memory and acts as a cataclysmic one in his life. The boy under the impression of trying to get even with his father runs away stealing jewels and money from his household. The life that follows this scuttle forms the crux of the story.
Pasupathy

Having lost in the battle of life Pasupathy returns to his village after twenty years. For him, his eyes are his greatest forte which reflects an array of emotions so eloquently. The nostalgia with which he views his street, his house, his childhood playground is lucidly portrayed in his eyes and in his body language. When he sees his dad after a span of twenty years, his choked voice and the emotion laden face seem to clearly portend the emergence of a versatile actor in Tamil films. This sequence is bound to move even the strongest of hearts. If Pasupathy does not win an award for this film, then we can be doubly sure about the gauging inadequacies of the jury.

Veyil
Bharath

In a similar vein, Bharath has also raised up the occasion in the scene where he first sees his elder brother in the tea stall wondering why he was looking out for him. The moment he realizes that it is his long lost brother the younger actor demonstrates that he too can match up with Pasupathy in acting skills.
Veyil
Editing , Music and Cinematography

Directors’ crispy and linear narration has aided the editor a lot and has not given him much work. Similarly debutant music composer G V Prakash, nephew of A R Rahman has rendered life to the film with his music. His music speaks for itself in the department of back ground score and re-recording. Urugude is a melody number which is sure to find entry in the top 10 categories in all the television channels and radios. Cinematographer has done his role perfectly capturing the greenery of the southern Tamil Nadu.
Epilogue

When we come out of the theatres, the performance of all the actors stand out in our thoughts especially the child hood Pasupathy who requires a special mention. Whether this tear jerker would find a place in the heart of everyone would have to be waited and seen.

Thank you Vasantha Balan for a beautiful effort and for taking Tamil cinema to the next level.

Thank you Shankar for the trust and confidence reposed in the film maker.

Veyil is an emotional epic. A must watch for all especially parents.

akumar
15th December 2006, 02:49 AM
[tscii]Veyil in NJ 2nd week (KIDS FREE)

Still you have a chance to watch a good movie in theater...

Movie : VEYIL
Location : CINEPLAZA@COLUMBIA PARK12, 3125 Kennedy Blvd, North Bergen, NJ 07047

Showtimes:
Friday, December 15, 2006 9:00 PM
Saturday, December 16, 2006 3:00 PM 6:30 PM 9:30 PM
Sunday, December 17, 2006 2:00 PM 5:30 PM 8:30 PM
Monday, December 18, 2006 8:30 PM
Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:30 PM
Wednesday,December 20, 2006 8:30 PM
Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:30 PM

Online Tickets @ (***KIDS FREE ***)
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/showtimes.asp?mid=7921&vid=5005

CRITICS Review:
--------------
Gallata.com says:

Veyyil is realistic to a point and yet does not fail to entertain. It is a solid movie with a moral.
Veyyil is a wonderful movie worth seeing.

Nowrunning.com says:

If you want to watch one movie which can talk to you in form of emotions, feelings and touch your soul, here is a movie.
Veyyil is a beautiful movie with excellent star cast and great performance from Bharat and Pasupathy. The lyrics of the songs add to the beauty of the movie.

A realistic ending to a very powerful storyline. The movie was one of the best made movies recently and has a touch of class to it.
If you have a taste for good cinema, Veyyil is a must watch movie.

Splendid. Definitely award winning.

Sify.com says:

Bravo Shankar .. You have the guts. If you like good cinema, go and watch Veyil.
Verdict: Very Good

Hindu Says:

As soothing as the early Sun -- Veyil
A WORTHWHILE VENTURE: Veyil
With the story which deals with natural emotions, the screenplay that helps the film glide past without a trace of boredom, the songs so intelligently placed that they take the story forward, the dialogue, the dialect so native to the soil or the folks who look so real
A brilliant offering from director Vasanthabalan and a worthy feather in producer Shankar's cap!

Indiaglitz.com says:

Veyyil - Bright and bold
It was a soul-stirring deconstruction of love and its fallout in a particular milieu.

Rediff.com says:

Watch Veyil for its energy
Veyil is a film filled with energy from the word go. It keeps you engaged till the end with its alpha-male aggression tinged with dollops of sentimentality.

Behindwoods.com says:

Veyil, A sunny escapade in a man’s life.
When we come out of the theatres, the performance of all the actors stand out in our thoughts.
Veyil is an emotional epic. A must watch for all.

Cinesouth.com says:

How would it be to see sunshine in Chirapunjee? That's how one feels when watching 'Veyil' that portrays all facets of human emotions including romance in the most realistic manner.

The title means sunshine, but in many scenes the tears flow like the Chirapunjee rains and nothing can prevent that.

'Veyil' invokes emotions.

Review Links:
------------
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14346719&ctid=5&cid=2429
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/7921.html
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/12/15/stories/2006121500510200.htm
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/review/reviewnews/n/383/movie/Veyyil.html
http://tamil.cinesouth.com/scopes/reviews/new/veyil.shtml
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/dec/11veyil.htm
http://www.nowrunning.com/film/review.asp?movieNo=3248
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-05/veyil-review.html

Movie website:
-------------
http://www.spictures.org/veyil/index.html

bulb_mani
15th December 2006, 04:22 PM
Chennai Kadhal

Vikraman has consciously tried to veer away from his usual sentiment and mournful “la…la…la…” background chorus in this film.

Bharath is the smart aleck student who copies in exams and confronts examiners who take him to task. Though he has a formal name, his father calls him a ruffian or 'tharadhalai' because of his irresponsible nature. Bharath even goes as far as taking his father to court and then leaves his home.

Radharavi is a thug who has even committed murder. His daughter is Genelia. Totally against her father's activities, Genelia stays in a hostel and pursues her education. Fate intervenes and the two meet. Though they spar initially, the relationship soon develops into love. The wicked further raises his gun and plans other things for Genelia. How Bharath fights back and wins his lady love forms the story.

Vikraman had given Vijay a hit, so when the director narrated his story, Bharath was all interest and this move has paid off. Bharath has done some fabulous fight scenes. Apart from that, there's nothing new about the character he plays.

Some scenes are quite entertaining like when he pours grape juice in a booze bottle and tricks Genelia and the train TTR, or when he is clad in a police inspector uniform and whisks off Genelia in a jeep. Like in 'Boys,' Genelia seems to be stuck with a sad character. Maybe Tamil films and melancholy go hand in hand for Genelia.

Though Radharavi has done a great job as a villain, surely director Vikraman should realize that we have been seeing such villain stereotypes for years!

When a song is over and shortly after another song sequence starts, it is rather trying for the viewers.

While running off to Mumbai, the heroine asks our hero what he did for money. “I sold my bike for Rs.40, 000,” says Bharath. We would be most grateful to Vikraman for showing us who would pay so much for a 2nd hand bike!

Till the very end, the hero shows no sign of any responsible behavior like getting a job or doing something useful with his life. All he is interested in is having a good time and romancing with Genelia. This is a weak point in the story line.

Except for the last song, the other songs by Joshua Sridhar all sound almost the same.

There's nothing fresh about 'Chennai Kaadhal.'

http://www.cinesouth.com/scopes/reviews/new/chennaikadhal.shtml

smith
15th December 2006, 05:53 PM
Veyil is doing moderately well in the B.O

Chennai kadhal has bombed.

great
15th December 2006, 05:58 PM
Bharath is doing a movie with A.Venkatesh , Name of the movie is KILLADI .

leosimha
15th December 2006, 08:12 PM
Since the madras romance flopped, the art tiger producer is mad with the director. And to think he was raving about the director even the day before the film was released! Praise before release, censure after release by producers seems to have become norm of the day!

Ramakrishna
15th December 2006, 08:16 PM
:huh: :oops:

dinesh2002
15th December 2006, 09:50 PM
Bharath is doing a movie with A.Venkatesh , Name of the movie is KILLADI .

with my Nila as the heroine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :D :) :yes: :victory:

Pic Gallery : http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/moviegallery/8955.html

dinesh2002
15th December 2006, 09:52 PM
the movie launch pics !!!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/11132.html

Nerd
15th December 2006, 11:31 PM
Vikatan has give 43/100 to veyyil :?

So its not as good as kaadhal, is it ?? Kaadhal got 51 I think !!

joe
15th December 2006, 11:43 PM

Just now I read vikatan Review.

I am surprised that Vikatan didn't mentioned about Pasupathi's excellent performance.

In my review (in this thread) I mentioned that violence in climax bit too much and raw..The movie is almost 3 hours ..If they trimmed some parts ,reduce no of songs and reduce violence ,it could be a outstanding movie.

Ramakrishna
15th December 2006, 11:47 PM

Just now I read vikatan Review.

I am surprised that Vikatan didn't mentioned about Pasupathi's excellent performance.

In my review (in this thread) I mentioned that violence in climax bit too much and raw..The movie is almost 3 hours ..If they trimmed some parts ,reduce no of songs and reduce violence ,it could be a outstanding movie.

yes the movie drags a bit.

rachel
18th December 2006, 02:52 AM
8-)

NOV
18th December 2006, 08:52 AM
Watched Veyyil yesterday. Went with huge expectations and naturally film didnt live up to it. :roll:
cinema had barely 20 ppl for the 6pm show.

but certainly Veyyil is one of the better movies released this year. :thumbsup:
and is a close contender among the bests of this year Emttan Magan and E.

I found the film very very gory. The killings were graphic, realistic and very disturbing. Lengthy as usual. :roll:
Songs and bgm were pleasing. veyilOdu uravaadi and urugudhE stand out. (my friend commented that ARR's theeyil vizhundha thenaa would have been very appropriate for pasupathy character.)

who said it is bharath's movie? :shock:
it is down and out pasupathy's. heck he sings the best love duet, has two heroines, tells the story and does everything the lead should do.
bharath plays a secondary role and even his love life is left incomplete.

which is not to say that bharath didnt act well. all characters did thier parts extremely well. hats off to the director for extracting the best. bharath dances well, emotes well and does justice to his role.
this is his 4th movie where he has taken a secondary role after boys, chellamE and pattiyal. good if he concentrates on showcasing his talents rather than in unnecessary build ups.

I feel shankar pays back to the industry by prodcing movies that most ppl wont dare to invest in like imsai arasan. :thumbsup:

4 stars for veyyil!

Wibha
18th December 2006, 10:06 PM
veyil was a nice movie

Typical village based :D

selvakumar
19th December 2006, 08:49 AM
Veyyil and Chennai Kaadhal have bombed miserably !
Infact, Chennai Kaadhal had done bit better than Veyyil :cry:

akumar
19th December 2006, 05:04 PM
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14353129

I do not see Chennai kadhal anywhere in the list.... :lol:

NOV
21st December 2006, 07:45 PM
I watched Chennai Kaadhal last night and ENJOYED every moment of the movie. :clap:
Pls stop throwing rotten tomatos at me and read on. :lol2:

The movie was hilarious to the core. I couldn't stop laughing. :rotfl: No that it was a comedy movie, but it was a very very funny movie - I was laughing at the movie. :D

Every single frame was a cliche. In fact the only tragedy was it passing as a serious movie when it was actually spoofs of several movies. :P

Chennai Kaadhal starts in Mumbai (rightly so, since Veyyil started with a dark stormy night. :rotfl2:)
The first song was picturised in Putra Jaya in Kuala Lumpur. :lol:

Really, there is no unique story. You can continue counting the cliches and the all the audience toes and fingers added up will be insufficient. :roll:

We are to believe that baby-face bharath (and when he takes of his shirt he is still a baby) fights with goondas like a macho guy. :poke:

The villain sits on a chair and feeds hungry dogs with pieces of fleshes. :rotfl:

Hero bashes guy who does eve teasing, only later to do his bit of eve teasing. :lol2:

Hero makes fun of teachers and parents. The teacher of course saves heros life later while the long suffering parents go missing (dont report to police, only their characters go missing) Past year's heroine Sumithra is the mother who does a character like a painting on the wall. :rotfl:

wait there is more.
group of faithful freinds - comedians naturally - who can fool everyone and can you beat this, bharath dresses up as an Inspector and goondas actually accepts him as one. :rotfl2:
hold on, there's more. they ask which area inspector he is and he cooly says, "keezhpaakkam" :rotfl:

and when in one scene 2 groups of goondas chase bharath, hero cleverly makes them fight one another. :clap:
and in case you miss the intelligence of this scene, vikraman does a Pakiaraj (Vidiyum Varai Kathiru) and presents his name in full glory right in the middle of the movie.
semma kooththu paa! :poke:

The cliches continues, but the best is saved for the last.

malaysian cartoonist LAT (http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2394/lat.html) drew a series of cartoons about 30 years ago - depicting a tamil movie scene. in the cartoon hero is chased by villans, who runs up a railway track. stationmaster changes tracks and hero's leg gets stuck in the changing track. train approaches with loud noise. frantic expression on hero's face. is his death imminent?

vikraman actually has this scene in the movie. :rotfl:

sollungappa, idhukku mele oru comedy padam paarkka mudiyumaa indha jenmaththula? :poke:

selvakumar
21st December 2006, 07:52 PM
NOV,

I was 100% sure that you will watch that movie inspite of the reviews :lol2:

You have proved that ! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :poke:

"naaN petra inbam ..........."

NOV
21st December 2006, 07:55 PM
I was 100% sure that you will watch that movie inspite of the reviews :lol2:come on selva. every movie fan MUST watch chennai kaadhal. I dont think there will ever be another movie like this. :lol2:

on a serious note, I don't decide to watch movies by reading reviews. in fact, i make it a point NOT to read nay reviews until i watch the movie. 8-)

selvakumar
21st December 2006, 07:59 PM
That is a good habit NOV :lol2: eLLa movie industry um ungalukku kadan pattu irukkirathu :lol:

BTW,
Reviews are pointers IMO so that we can change our MOOD to being funny / serious etc based on the movie :lol2:

bulb_mani
21st December 2006, 08:06 PM
IMO , Bharath's performance was :thumbsup: in PATTIYAL it wasnt talked about much due to the number of gangster films that were made.... had it been a solo gangster movie at that time.... may be his performance would have been noted more :)

Kollywoodfan
22nd December 2006, 10:21 PM
Beautiful video and song! :wink: Kaadhal Neruppin from Veyyil

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OKpE-iyTz6c&mode=related&search=

ajithfederer
22nd December 2006, 10:28 PM
yen ippdi nov mela oru kolai veri :oops:

That is a good habit NOV :lol2: eLLa movie industry um ungalukku kadan pattu irukkirathu :lol:

BTW,
Reviews are pointers IMO so that we can change our MOOD to being funny / serious etc based on the movie :lol2:

imsai
24th December 2006, 11:51 AM
[tscii]Veyyil

After Kaadhal and Imsai Arasan 23aam Pulikesi, Shankar’s S Films has deservedly earned a reputation for delivering quality films that come as breaths of fresh air in the Tamil cinema market. Naturally, its next production Veyyil comes with high expectations. While the film is neither as gripping as Kaadhal nor as path-breaking as Imsai Arasan, it keeps S Films’ reputation intact by being a realistic, emotional film about two brothers whose lives traverse radically different paths.

When Murugesan, an avid MGR fan, gets caught bunking school and going to the movies, his father punishes him severely. He runs away and though his intended destination is Chennai, he ends up working as a projectionist in another village. A grown-up Murugesan(Pasupathy) falls in love with Thangam(Priyanka), the daughter of a hotel owner, and all is well. Meanwhile, his brother Kadhir(Bharath), who has started an advertising agency, is leading a happy life, landing accounts of growing importance and establishing a love-hate relationship with Meenakshi(Bhavana). But Murugesan’s life suddenly takes a turn for the worse and he decides to return to his family.

The film’s barebones story actually has a lot of similarities with Vijay’s Sivakasi (the first shot when Pasupathy returns to Virudhunagar is filmed in exactly the same way!), which goes to show how much a director’s vision and handling decides the quality of the end product. With the same theme of a runaway son returning home to his family, director Vasanthabalan fashions a character-driven film about the son’s desire to fit in and the family’s problems in accepting him.

Like Autograph and Azhagi, Veyyil follows starts off portraying a fun-filled rural life. With the wonderfully picturized Veyyilodu Vilaiyaadi…, it shows the children’s life filled with fun, films and first loves and is sure to make one nostalgic thinking of those years (the song sequence and its lead-in, a pambaram game, show that the director has a nice sense of style. Unfortunately, the growing emphasis on emotions restricts the opportunities for more such stylistic touches in the rest of the film). Films play a major part in Pasupathy’s life once he runs away. The theater is his world and the projection room, his house. His romance with Priyanka has a number of interesting vignettes revolving around films (like her appearance covered in film rolls after he disrobes her). And its nice the way Vasanthabalan uses movies and their stars to indicate the passage of time.

My biggest problem with the segment where Pasupathy grows up is that it is redundant when you look at the big picture (pun intended!). It stands completely alone with none of the happenings there, affecting him after his homecoming. He learns nothing that helps him later and none of the characters reappear in his life. It works fine as an independent segment but in a film, we expect, if not every scene, atleast a segment as big as this to have an impact on the movie as a whole. And that doesn’t happen here.

Emotions take centrestage once Pasupathy returns home. What makes the proceedings interesting is the fact that each person in the family reacts to him differently. Their reactions are guided by how they felt when Pasupathy ran away. Bharath’s affection is a result of his guilt (as revealed by the number of times he tries to tell Pasupathy that he was not the one who told on him), their father’s anger is a result of the troubles he went through as a result of Pasupathy running away and their sisters’ indifference is natural considering they never knew Pasupathy. And the result of their reactions is not always expected. For instance, it is ironic that it is Bharath’s genuine affection that stifles Pasupathy (like in his new job) while his father’s anger and sisters’ indifference probably keeps him going since they give him something (like earning their love) to work towards.

Since the movie is a flashback and we’ve been following the growing enmity between Bharath and his competitor, the story becomes quite predictable towards the end. But the way some of the scenes have been picturized(like some of Pasupathy’s wishes coming true but not in the way he would have wanted) make them surprisingly emotional.

Pasupathy proves once again that he a reliable character actor. His face isn’t too suited for romance and some of his expressions with Priyanka seem a little comical. But he is perfect as he yearns for love and affection from his family. He is able to look realistic even in some of the overly sentimental scenes. Bharath is full of energy and makes us laugh with his short temper while Bhavana looks cute and fits the timid role perfectly. Their romance offers the only light moments in the emotional second half. Shreya Reddy earns our sympathy with the way her life has turned out(especially since the girl who plays her in her younger days has a very alluring face and smile) though her character reminds us of the role Nandita Das played in Azhagi.

Kaadhal Neruppin… is superbly picturized. Vasanthabalan proves that a song sequence can be visually arresting without resorting to foreign locales, expensive sets or a large number of group dancers. The narrow streets of Virudhunagar, with some everyday characters providing the backdrop, proves to be a great setting for the song. Uruguthe Maruguthe… also impresses with some romantic, unhurried picturization. Ooraan Thottathila... reminds us of Annaathe Aaduraar... and the puliyaattam in the middle of the song doesn't help either. But it does help Bharath show off some of his dancing prowess.

http://bbthots.blogspot.com/2006/12/veyyil.html

inetk
25th December 2006, 08:37 AM
I was completely disappointed with this film. Definitely not worth all those glowing reviews. Here's my 200 words.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/category/movies/

girishk14
25th December 2006, 01:47 PM
Hey..Jeeva is as good a Bharath....E was awesome.......

selvakumar
26th December 2006, 09:28 AM
I was completely disappointed with this film. Definitely not worth all those glowing reviews. Here's my 200 words.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/category/movies/+

even a usually subtle performer like Pasupathy is forced to overact.

:shock: :lol:

Scale
26th December 2006, 10:54 AM
Karthik,

[tscii:af8c618f18]20 yrs of prof. joy (Murugesan) proliferates (or even diverts) thru
romance and suddenly comes to an halt when he loses his "THANGAM" attempting a brutal suicide attempt. The change of hairstyle & moustache clearly signifies. He wasn’t even in a state of mind to acquire the final settlement made by the owner which might be planned to support his family. Then he drinks… drinks and gets an advice for enroute. The disappointment continues rejection of his father, sister, workplace mainly bcoz of earlier impact inspite of his brother and pandiamma's care. An Obvious Loser interms of relationship. Beautifully Portrayed!

[/tscii:af8c618f18]

imsai
26th December 2006, 11:02 AM

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/category/movies/

good review. couldn't have said better :cry:

nowhere near Thavamaai thavamirunthu or even Em mattan mahan

what impressed me is the budding "actor" Bharath :)

he should change his track, veyil was a continuation of his role in Em mattan mahan

inetk
26th December 2006, 11:20 AM
[tscii:cb6ef59944]Wonderful retort, Scale!

Now look at it this way. There have been many films that talk of the hero losing the beloved, to natural/ unnatural reasons. Niram maaraadha pookkal, Punnagai mannan etc. There have been many films where the hero loses his job which puts his life in a tizzy. So, thematically there’s nothing fresh here - the fact that Veyil is getting rave reviews for. India Today Tamil edition hailing this as one of the top 5 movies ever made in Tamil - way too much! In fact there’s a small interview with Vasanthabalan in the same issue, where he hammers the portrayal of loser as the film’s USP again, as planned between him and Shankar. C’mon, thats my grouse - there have been better, truthful films about losers.

If you talk about losers, the best (although flawed, in terms of presentation) was VZ Durai’s Mugavari. That showed the lead guy as a loser till the end, no victories at all, except in love. He did not get his composing assignment even in the end, but had the patience to go after it no matter what.

Again, I’d say Murugesan is not a loser at all. If at all, he’s just an idiot who cannot get his life together after a tragedy, something explored to the hilt by KB in Punnagai Mannan. So, its not about the loser at all, its about the impractical idiot, seriously lacking in common sense and wants to think he’s a loser just ‘cos his dad left him ‘ammanakundi’ when he was 10. This loser thing is a huge sham, imo :-) perpetrated by Shankar/ Vasanthbalan, while the protagonist is merely a incapable nut. Thats very different from being a loser.

Here, Murugesan leads a cushy life doing something he thoroughly enjoys - for 20 long years, and after one tragedy goes around claiming (or the director does that part) that his life is lost? Does that mean his 20 years where he enjoyed life to the hilt in the theater was a complete joke? A lie?

I’m trying very carefully not to attempt to suggest changes in the story and comment only on what has been portrayed. Wishful thinking in showing the hero as a positive guy/ intelligent guy etc are just that - wishful thinking, beyond the purview of a review/ comment. So, when I say he’s a incapable nut, I don’t wish he was anything else. Just that he’s no more a loser than all those losers we’ve seen other Tamil films. [/tscii:cb6ef59944]

Scale
26th December 2006, 12:10 PM
[tscii:85bdf84da2]<<top 5 movies ever made in Tamil>> – That’s atrocious. Yes the character (Murugesan-rural theatre operator) itself an idiot and comparing him with KH(civilized dancer)/KB of PM with shankar/VB is atrocious. I haven’t watched Mugavari and from the clips what I remember again a sophisthicated musician so no comments.

Wishful thinking in showing the hero as a positive guy/ intelligent guy etc are just that - wishful thinking, beyond the purview of a review/ comment.

Exactly, that’s what justified in Kathir's (Bharath) role comparatively. The actual winner [/tscii:85bdf84da2]

inetk
26th December 2006, 09:22 PM
If you think those comparisons are lop sided what about Bharath in Kaadhal? Didn't he lose everything big time and the fact is that Kaadhal had a deteriorating state of things that was conveyed very effectively. He's perhaps the quintessential loser these guys are talking of.

This 'loser's story' hype is what's getting on my nerves. Making a movie into an art (Kaadhal?) is different from making a pretentious movie perceived (by the makers) as art. It falls even more flat here since the loser is not a loser in the sense of normal losers in Tamil cinema and is a loser only according to the director.

Also, didn't you find it strange that Murugesan does not share his so-called 'loss' story with anyone - even with his sympathetic brother or Pandi? He's just sad that he does not have a job while returning back home and is forced to return home pretty much the same way he left.

Nerd
26th December 2006, 11:45 PM
He's just sad that he does not have a job while returning back home and is forced to return home pretty much the same way he left.

Do you think thats a normal thing ?? Returning home the same way when he left ?? Thats the most pathetic thing that could happen to someone in that state.

And Kaadhal Bharath becomes a loser and that apparently is the last scene in that movie and it did not portray the life of a loser.

And someone said that pasupathy had overacted. Well there are people here who claim that even shivaji overacts, I am not amazed :)

Sinthiya
27th December 2006, 02:25 AM
Veyyil...nice movie...

Pasupathy's performance :o...well done! :thumbsup:...Bharath is good too...:) (in all the scenes where he keeps yelling at Bhavana - that was funny)...The youngsters that acted in the movie did well (especially the young brother :lol:)...

Definitely worth the watch for Pasupathy's performance :thumbsup: ...

Wibha
27th December 2006, 02:29 AM
Veyyil...nice movie...

Pasupathy's performance :o...well done! :thumbsup:...Bharath is good too...:) (in all the scenes where he keeps yelling at Bhavana - that was funny)...The youngsters that acted in the movie did well (especially the young brother :lol:)...

Definitely worth the watch for Pasupathy's performance :thumbsup: ...

:clap: specially wen bharath shouts after he proposes :lol:

Sinthiya
27th December 2006, 02:33 AM
:clap: specially wen bharath shouts after he proposes :lol:
:lol: ...yeah, and the scene where he imitates how she should speak...i was :o :lol:...he speaks fast in scenes with her...

Wibha
27th December 2006, 02:34 AM
he's so awesome.his anger is so guuuuuddddddddd.........he rocked in damovie and pasupathy's good too :D

bulb_mani
27th December 2006, 02:36 AM
I heard veyyil has a scene they talk about THALA in one scene where a fan asks for THALA song to her 8-)

Ok so i like the movie eventhough i havent watched it yet :swinghead:

Sinthiya
27th December 2006, 02:39 AM
I heard veyyil has a scene they talk about THALA in one scene where a fan asks for THALA song to her 8-)
:lol: ...yeah that was funny too...she says 'yaaru thala?'...and the guy starts yelling...and eventually says 'appa thalaivar paata podunga..'...and she asks 'entha thalaivar?'...and says some guy's name ...

scenes with Bharath and Bhavana was fun to see...:rotfl:...

inetk
27th December 2006, 07:46 AM
Yes, the portions with Bharath and Bhavana were fantastic. Bharath's characterization and vocation were genuine flashes of brilliance.

Nerd:
I do agree that its horrendous to return the same state you went out with. But, my bone of contention is the 20 years in between. He watched a movie during school 'cos he loves films. Gets caught, insulted, runs away. Then he luckily gets into a theater and spends the next 20 years totally enjoying himself working there. The Thangam portion is towards the fag end of those 20 years.

The point I'm making is that the director never shows that he's not happy in the theater. He doesn't voluntarily go out for an alternate job...stays put there. Reason: He may be enjoying it there!

And this is the longest part of Murugesan's life according to the movie timeline. This was his most successful part too where he loves what he's doing. So, if this major chunk is not a failure, do you take 2 events, pre and post this to judge that he was a loser?

Again, I'm saying that Veyil may be a comparatively decent film - compared to other duds we're getting...but it certainly doesn't deserve the kind of amazed adulation its getting. And the makers cannot be more wrong about the 'loser' theory 'cos they're not saying anything new here - their vision of a loser is extremely conventional - someone who has not made money for himself. Thats the normal societal view of success, whats new there? Every other medium of art is already hammering that view.

Karthik

inetk
27th December 2006, 07:46 AM
Yes, the portions with Bharath and Bhavana were fantastic. Bharath's characterization and vocation were genuine flashes of brilliance.

Nerd:
I do agree that its horrendous to return the same state you went out with. But, my bone of contention is the 20 years in between. He watched a movie during school 'cos he loves films. Gets caught, insulted, runs away. Then he luckily gets into a theater and spends the next 20 years totally enjoying himself working there. The Thangam portion is towards the fag end of those 20 years.

The point I'm making is that the director never shows that he's not happy in the theater. He doesn't voluntarily go out for an alternate job...stays put there. Reason: He may be enjoying it there!

And this is the longest part of Murugesan's life according to the movie timeline. This was his most successful part too where he loves what he's doing. So, if this major chunk is not a failure, do you take 2 events, pre and post this to judge that he was a loser?

Again, I'm saying that Veyil may be a comparatively decent film - compared to other duds we're getting...but it certainly doesn't deserve the kind of amazed adulation its getting. And the makers cannot be more wrong about the 'loser' theory 'cos they're not saying anything new here - their vision of a loser is extremely conventional - someone who has not made money for himself. Thats the normal societal view of success, whats new there? Every other medium of art is already hammering that view.

Karthik

Scale
27th December 2006, 10:43 AM
[tscii:5fd6928ddb]The whole incidents in the movie were narrated as a flashback by Murugesan himself. It is not necessary that he needs to explain his tragedy to every character which he already conveyed it to the viewers. Still he has left a clue to pandiamma and requested not to ask anything further. Moreover there was a scene where bharat knows about him working in a cinema theatre. Whether he discussed or not is not that important anymore. The director/shankar has smartly taken a backseat and let the character speaks the whole story. Be it idiotic, loser or whatever and that’s solely Murugesan's feelings atleast going by his narration on dull emotional scenes. If at all the director needs to be blamed it shud be for the final funeral scene which he has tried to convince the viewers by making his father realize that he is not a loser or a theif , a saviour to his family. And he was also lying on her mothers lap which pandiammas reckons his wishes are fulfilled. Lots of groundwork been done in the script and the screenplay is deftly handled. What irks me is the title of the movie and few commercial elements added to it in the mainstream which is unavoidable these days.

Coming back to Kadhal, Why again? This is adapted from a true story. Balaji Sakthivel is extremely specific to retain the original climax which shows the humility of the person or as per his request…. Bharath becomes mad is truth.

Pasupathy has given a subtle, natural performance. There is not even a single scene I presume that he overacted. Watch V & V not (VV) for overacting.
[/tscii:5fd6928ddb]

great
27th December 2006, 08:20 PM
Finally happened to watch this movie today @ santham noon show.

:omg: theatre was full even on weekdays.

veyyil is one of the best movie of 2006 !!!! Hats off to vasantha balan :thumbsup:

Producer Shankar succeds again with his production work, would like to see more movies from PRODUCER SHANKAR :D as shankar is giving chances for fresh talents :thumbsup:

Music and photography were good.

Pasupathy was simply superb :notworthy: would like to see more such performance from pasupathy :thumbsup:

Picturisation was too good especially the first song "Veyyilodu "

Thirumaran
27th December 2006, 09:02 PM
Uruguthe and veyyiloadu songs :thumbsup:

great
27th December 2006, 09:07 PM
Even Kadhal Neruppen was good :thumbsup:

Nerd
27th December 2006, 09:19 PM
Nerd:

Could well be. But the point I am trying to make is, since he is FORCED to return home the same way, after 20 years, he becomes a big time loser. I mean he would have been happy if he were to spend the rest of his life in the theatre itself. For a person like him, the last thing he wants to do is to go back home again and now he has been forced to do that!

Agree completely that its not a GREAT film, but IMO this is the best film this year. And any day kaadhal is a much better film than veyyil :)

selvakumar
28th December 2006, 11:01 AM
Finally happened to watch this movie today @ santham noon show.

:omg: theatre was full even on weekdays.

veyyil is one of the best movie of 2006 !!!! Hats off to vasantha balan :thumbsup:

Producer Shankar succeds again with his production work, would like to see more movies from PRODUCER SHANKAR :D as shankar is giving chances for fresh talents :thumbsup:

Music and photography were good.

Pasupathy was simply superb :notworthy: would like to see more such performance from pasupathy :thumbsup:

Picturisation was too good especially the first song "Veyyilodu "

:thumbsup: Veyyil impressed me a lot and had some good amount of effect on me. If Vasantha Balan concentrates bit more on screenplay and the characters in his films, he can be one of the very good directors among the present crop of direcotrs.

Nerd
9th February 2007, 09:53 PM
This guy Bharath is terrific. He is still pretty new to the industry and already he has three terrific performances:

- Kaadhal
- Pattiyal
- Veyyil

I was told that he was good in Em magan too. He sure has a bright future :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Sanguine Sridhar
9th February 2007, 10:24 PM
... and he should be careful while doing movies like Feb 14, Chennai Kaadhal :lol2:

seran
5th April 2007, 11:43 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14424078

Bharat - Acid test!
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 05 April , 2007, 10:16
Bharat is doing his first double role in Koodal Nagar, which releases today worldwide. The film is directed by Seenu Ramasamy, a former assistant of Balu Mahendra and has two heroines Bhavana and Sandhya.

For Bharat the success of Koodal Nagar is crucial as his last release Chennai Kathal was a colossal flop. Now if his new film opens well, he will be recognized in the trade as a young hero with an opening.

Says Seenu Ramasamy: " Koodal Nagar is going to be a path breaking film for Bharat. He has done full justice to the role of the twins he plays in the film. The story as the title indicates is set in the vicinity of the temple town of Madurai, and is based on real life incident. There is a lot of human emotion in the film which is basically a love story".

Another highlight of the film according to Seenu is the performances of Bhavana and Sandhya. Bhavana is a smart student at the teachers training college, while Sandhya plays a chatter box from a lower middle class family. The film has music by Sabesh Murali, and is said to be an entertainer.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

NOV
6th April 2007, 07:18 AM
Koodal Nagar has opened in Malaysia, starring Bharath, Sandhya and Bhavana.
Any reviews?

nemesis786
13th April 2007, 01:20 PM
Nepali Stills

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=691&sessionid=0ba0725930d5bbe33fdb0ff3bb61fa31&page=2

:omg: :o

bingleguy
17th April 2007, 10:35 AM
Koodal Nagar

Azhagaana gramathula thodangura kadhai....... Thamizh Thaai Vaazhthula aarambichu, makkal manadhai kavarndhirukkaaru Cheenu ! irattai pillaigal, appa thozhilaali -> kadanukku veetai ezhudhi koduthu kozhaithanamaa visham kudichu uyirai vittu, pendattiyaiyum pillaigalaiyum thavikka vidum ........... Usual starting .... niraya padathula paathaachu .... bore adikkumo nnu ninaicha time ..... oru bus payanam konjam neram paakalaam nnu ezhuthukittu pochu ......

Suryan Chandran.....Rhyming names for twins ... as usual ...... oruthar chinna vayasu kashtathula Mortuary assistant aaga sera ... innoruthar vaadagai puththaga kadaila velai seyyaraaru ..... Thamizhselvi, Manimegalai nnu thamizh la poondhu vilayaadi irukkaaru Director name choices la...... Bhavana and Sandhya .... definite crowd pulling choices ..... Bhavna n Sandhya .... rendu perum nadicha padangal naan paarthadhillai.... this is the first one ... n idhula rendu peraiyum serthu vechu PAAAAAKARTHUKKU rendu kannu poralai ;-) :lol: ok ok matter kku varuvom ....

Choice of character for Chandran .... well - pudhu vidhama oru mortuary assistant - idhu varaikkum herokkal romba adhigam podaadha vesham ..... different choice ....and Namasivayam kku poster otti therdhal prachaaram panra right hand velai ... rendum porutham .....very expressive character ....

Choice of character for Suriyan .... andha character kkethamaadiri silence ..... thambi mela paasam... vayasuketha kaadhal....ellam sari .... but romba expression illadha oru character aaga aayiduchu ....

Gold phish kaadhal .... Kanivinaal uruvaana kaadhal .... but maadi kku kooptu katti pudikkira thairiyam .... edho onnu inga idikkidhu ..... padathula romba naal pazhagara maadiriyum avangala kaatalai ... but katti pudikkira scene konjam over..... thavirthirukka vediyadhu .....

Chandran n Selvi .... very simple and casual acting ..... iraval nagaigalukke indha aatamnna.... sondhamaa irundhaa enna panniruppaangalo ;-) Chandran, namma katchi kaaran.... govt udyogasthan ....idhai ketta udane .... maarudhal varuvadhu sagajamo ;-) naturally asking about his work n sambalam.... could see some connexion ;-)

Suriyan Manimegalai kaadhal would be the turning point nnu ninaikiren ...... baaki movie continue panren ... ;-)

nemesis786
23rd April 2007, 06:22 PM
Bharath in the league of Ajith and Vijay

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

April 23, 2007

The career graph of the young actor Bharath is showing a steady rise and film after film, he has been honing his skills in acting. After Nepali his next project will be Pazhani which goes with the tag line ‘commercial panjamirdam’. This film will be directed by Perarasu who has worked and given hits with the young brigade of Kollywood like Ajith and Vijay.

Therefore it is expected that he will be repeating the same feat with Bharath too. Going by the tag line, the film is sure to have its commercial quotients well in place.

Pazhani will be produced by Shakthi Chidambaram under the banner Cinema paradise and Srikanth Deva will be scoring music for the film. The film will be formally launched in May and shooting will commence in June. Insiders reveal that Nadiya has been approached for a key role in the film.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/apr-07-04/23-04-07-perarasu.html

groucho070
24th April 2007, 09:34 AM
I have great respect for Barath and Jeeva. So young, yet so hardworking.

I usually give ten years to an actor and see what have they given us in that time. Example is the MGR/NT and Kamal/Rajini. Just look at what they did in ten years.

And these two have only worked for few years and the range and quality they have given are wonderful. Great talents...good for the industry.

Nepali stills looked damned good. I might actually watch it on big screen.

joe
24th April 2007, 09:36 AM
Groucho,
IMO ,The actor need to be watched out is Bharath ..He has all potentials to become a great actor.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
24th April 2007, 09:45 AM
one more good thing is, he did not want to try the Larger than life role which even sullans want to do.......mass role panna thaan mass kidaikkum enra thappaana thinking, thats not with barath

joe
24th April 2007, 09:49 AM
Sakala,
Good point ..not only that ..I have seen few TV interviews ..He has concrete views and his way of expressing his ipinion is good compare to other youngsters ..He knows to speak whole sentence in Tamil ,doesn't pretend to be hi-fi .

groucho070
24th April 2007, 09:55 AM
Hope he maintains a good relationship with media too. That is very important for this age of new-media.

It is good if he starts to alternate between story oriented and masala-ic films. It's okay to work with directors like Perarasu once in a while. Having fast food once in a while is not dangerous.

I agree Joe, let's keep an eye on him.

ThalaNass
24th April 2007, 03:14 PM
yes, barath is at top among young heroes.. he got all the ingredients to be one of the best.. :D yup, groucho, acting in masala film of perarasu will nt affect him.. :!:

selvakumar
24th April 2007, 03:27 PM
one more good thing is, he did not want to try the Larger than life role which even sullans want to do.......mass role panna thaan mass kidaikkum enra thappaana thinking, thats not with barath

:? Didn't you see Chennai kaadhal ?

rockydeva
24th April 2007, 03:30 PM

:? Didn't you see Chennai kaadhal ?

disaster

leosimha
24th April 2007, 03:34 PM
Bharath in the league of Ajith.........:rotfl:.........

hmm...agreed he is a good actor......but putting him in the league of Ajith so soon will be a shame to Bharath himself....

FYI....I heard Bharath has been christened as Chinna Thalapathy...is it so? then watch out for this Chinna Thalapathy!!!

cancer
24th April 2007, 03:35 PM
Bharath :clap: :clap:

cancer
24th April 2007, 03:36 PM
saw one clip from Koodal nagar , his voice/dialogue remind me Ramarajan.. :oops:

ThalaNass
24th April 2007, 03:37 PM
Bharath in the league of Ajith.........:rotfl:.........

hmm...agreed he is a good actor......but putting him in the league of Ajith so soon will be a shame to Bharath himself....

FYI....I heard Bharath has been christened as Chinna Thalapathy...is it so? then watch out for this Chinna Thalapathy!!!

Leo,
ippa yaaru sonna barath same league with ajith..?? :?

selvakumar
24th April 2007, 03:37 PM
Leo,
Beg to disagree with that. Bharath is not in the league of guys who are interested to do only action movies and mass masalas. He is changing and he is acting in different movies. I don't think he deserves that title you mentioned.

ThalaNass
24th April 2007, 03:38 PM
saw one clip from Koodal nagar , his voice/dialogue remind me Ramarajan.. :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

leosimha
24th April 2007, 03:46 PM
Leo,
Beg to disagree with that. Bharath is not in the league of guys who are interested to do only action movies and mass masalas. He is changing and he is acting in different movies. I don't think he deserves that title you mentioned.

Selva,

You totally misunderstood my post. That's why I put a :rotfl:. I didn't say but if you see the previous page where Behindwoods has said about it. I certainly agree with you that Bharath is not in the league of guys who are interested to do only action movies and mass masalas and it won't suit him also. This guy is evolving out to be a dynamic versatile actor. Thats why I said he is a good actor but not the one you think.

Nasser, Please see the previous page where Behindwoods has mentioned that Bharath in the league of Ajith. I totally disagree with this. (See the post by nemesis). :rotfl: