PDA

View Full Version : Do we need a separate section 4 YSR's albums as for IR/ARR?

rajasaranam
27th March 2006, 07:18 PM
Well the title says it
Vote guys :)

lancelot
27th March 2006, 07:27 PM
i dont think he is up there with ARR and IR to get a seperate section....
but wat the hell...it's not an award.....so y not

hehe
:D

MADDY
27th March 2006, 07:48 PM
no not yet.....just bcos, YSR fans dont even nominate his songs for annual hub awards, then where will they create threads and post in different section......dunt get me wrong guys, it was ppl. like dinesh and scale who nominated u1's songs and voted for him too...

moreover, he has not created any wave like IR or ARR......is he a "household name" like ARR and IR???

if no. of hits is the sole criterian then HJ also deserves a section.....he is not churning out any flops either....infact ppl like njv can tell us who sell more....is it HJ or YSR???

but definitely at the time when ARR's form is slumping like tendulkar tfm's future is in very safe hands of YSR......

rsubras
27th March 2006, 07:54 PM
but definitely at the time when ARR's form is slumping like tendulkar tfm's future is in very safe hands of YSR....

maddy na .....neenga oruthar pothum ARR ah insult panna, thanking somebody like SJS for giving him films, losing form etc., etc.,

sari verenna solla :)

ok sticking to the topic........yeah YSR deservers a seperate section in TFM, same way he deserves a seperate group of Fans too .. rather than the Anti-ARR and the faithful-IR fans :)

MADDY
27th March 2006, 08:03 PM
maddy na .....neenga oruthar pothum ARR ah insult panna, thanking somebody like SJS for giving him films, losing form etc., etc.,
sari verenna solla :)

disgression:
hey rsubras, form is temporary and class is permanent... :wink: .....but the truth is ARR is doing all the wrong things in tfm.......y d heck cant he work with success directors??class wise ARR is more appealing than ever before but mass wise he has got a beating....
End disgression

Ramakrishna
27th March 2006, 08:28 PM
YSR hasn't reached people a lot as to get a seperate section.He has not given varieties.He is not known to everyone like ARR or IR.So, a new section for YSR if created will not be very active.

Sanjeevi
27th March 2006, 11:51 PM
I can only pity on anti-YSR fans. :lol:

He has proved himself a lot with his continuous hits in Tamil and Telugu too. Yuvan rulz :thumbsup:

interz
28th March 2006, 01:29 AM
IR and AR has won international acclaim, YSR still on local south india level. Maybe when he goes international....

Alien
28th March 2006, 07:05 AM
'Never' could have been another option in the poll 8-)

MADDY
28th March 2006, 08:10 AM

classic one alien......apart from sanjeevi, no other YSR dfan has even bothered to post in this thread.....they just vote and escape i guess......its upto admins neways to decide on this...... :D

lancelot
28th March 2006, 08:34 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scale
28th March 2006, 10:42 AM
[tscii:53910c1464]Smart! creating a poll alone will favour a MAIN page for any MD hoping majority of them will vote. DMKve thevalam pola irukku. "Thandhaikettha Thanayan" :huh:

IMHO, VidyaSagar certainly deserves a thread for his contribution in vaious south Indian language and also his attempt in Hindi. He has got a discography of *** (3 digits)films with more than a decade years of experience . He is truly a MASTER Melody Makerand shows lots of variety in every album like KK, PK, Iyarkai, KK, Anbe Sivan, Poi, pasakiligal, Thambi, swarabhishekam etc. YSR/HJ lacks totally here. VS also proves simultaneously that he can also target mass oriented ppl with songs like Ghilli, CM, Dhil, Dhool all big chartbusters than any of the other MD's. He is a matured composer who has taken projects of different genres worked with every young-senior directors. Remember he has been surviving in the industry without any much Musical background like a Maestro, a brother, a sister to assist in every department. I believe he has got several state/filmfare awards etc.

Apart from all, HE IS A NATIONAL AWARD WINNER.

Latest Release: Thambi, Poi, Aadhi, Paramasivan, Pasakiligal

p/s: ARR have lots of praise for this MAN & MMK in various interviews. Arent VS & ARR both students of Dhanraj Master?[/tscii:53910c1464]

Scale
28th March 2006, 10:47 AM
I havent voted yet, Will MOD's agree on the poll result to allocate a seperate section.

MrJudge
28th March 2006, 11:16 AM

classic one alien......apart from sanjeevi, no other YSR dfan has even bothered to post in this thread.....they just vote and escape i guess......its upto admins neways to decide on this...... :D

Not having a separate thread for YSR in tfm is not a big deal at all. Because he is doing very welll in the real world, that's what matters to most of his fans well atleast to me.

vasanth2006
28th March 2006, 11:42 AM

simple maddy. we (YSR fans) are all very well known about ARR fans. however u will not accept the truth. then what is the need for argue?(i think there are lot of ARR fans here. they dont have work in ARR section. so they came here and mess the things.)

yuvan's fans will not speak, yuvan's music will speak.

However Yuvan is Leading the Race.if u accept or not, that is true.
(YSR beats IR in prolific area. YSR giving 10/10 quality songs.)

important Note: Please Go and Hear the Yuvan's all albums properly.(Especially AIBI) then only u will understand. most of the ARR fans didnt hear YSR albums.

rsubras
28th March 2006, 11:55 AM
simple maddy. we (YSR fans) are all very well known about ARR fans. however u will not accept the truth. then what is the need for argue?(i think there are lot of ARR fans here

ARR fans are the most generous of all the other fans...they aer the ones who gave tremendous uplift to YSR and his albums..given a choice among Tamil composers otehr than ARR, most of the ARR fans will go for YSR only...

and ARR, he is the one who predicted YSR's success, that YSR will come bigger than Karthik raja much before YSR's first decent commercial hit Dheena came out... ARR has lots of words of praise for Y SR

Arjuna
28th March 2006, 04:51 PM
I concur with Scale - Vidhyasagar needs a seperate thread - he is too good! He deserves a lot more than what he has got!...

YSR is good too..

I guess Vasanth needs to know who comes and spoils the ARR threads! The fan claiming to be the greatest YSR fan ( I guess everyone knows for his thundu jokes) is the biggest culprit..So I guess Vasanth needs to know that there is mess even in the YSR camp - before proclaiming things..

MrJudge
28th March 2006, 05:40 PM
I concur with Scale - Vidhyasagar needs a seperate thread - he is too good! He deserves a lot more than what he has got!...

YSR is good too..

I guess Vasanth needs to know who comes and spoils the ARR threads! The fan claiming to be the greatest YSR fan ( I guess everyone knows for his thundu jokes) is the biggest culprit..So I guess Vasanth needs to know that there is mess even in the YSR camp - before proclaiming things..

Are you in a fix or something? I don't think I spoiled anything there recently. It has been ages that I went and read your threads! Thanks for reminding me that you still have them.

rajasaranam
28th March 2006, 08:11 PM
Are the MOD's reading this thread :? The voting is in its initial stages but it seems people do want a separate section for YSR.

rajasaranam
28th March 2006, 08:23 PM

Yes YSR beats IR.Because IR dont rely upon softwares, loops and international albums for inspiration or copying. Mind you IR is the last original composer that the world is gonna listen to.

vasanth2006
28th March 2006, 09:01 PM

Yes YSR beats IR.Because IR dont rely upon softwares, loops and international albums for inspiration or copying. Mind you IR is the last original composer that the world is gonna listen to.

I accepted ur point. IR is the original composer.

ok i will clearly explain.

most of the IR's songs has long life. at any time you can hear. i think he composed 1000 songs like that.(approximate).

Yuvan composed very minimal long life songs.( Todays all of the MDs are composing very minimal long life songs. that is the current industry requirements.)

So in that area always IR is the king.

then coming to prolific with quality songs,

IR sometimes gives the junk songs during his peak period also.
in his most of the movies, 2 songs will be extraordinary. but 3 songs will be very ordinary.

but in Yuvan's side, he is composing junk songs very very minimal.
(i think in that Yuvan follows ARR. but ARR will do films selectively. he will take more time to finish a movie.)

if u see the last 2 years Yuvan's movies, u will understand.

1) 7G Rainbow colony
2) Manmathan
3) Raam
4) Arinthum Ariyamalum
5) Dass
6) Kanda Naal Mudhal
7) Oru Kalluriyin Kadhai
8) sandakozhi
9) Kalvanin kadhali
10) Pudhupettai
11) Pattiyal
12) AIBI
13) Happy (Telugu)
14) Raam (Telugu)

2006 it's still alive.

these are all my opinions only.

Thanks
Vasanth

rajasaranam
28th March 2006, 10:07 PM
vasanth,
Just read my write up here to know what is Raja's music in a movie all about.
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6013&start=90
The situation explained or created on the screen would not have required more than that. That is why there are always some obscure nos. in IR movies which we would never bother to listen to separately. Last week I was watching 'kokkarkko' a movie with a mesmersing no. as 'geetham sangeetham' had a no. which i dont even remember now. It was scene in which the heroine who is already a mental case starts singing suddenly on the 'kalyana medai' it was a pucca Dappankuthu song but i was amazed at the use of Western music for a very ordinary song like this.
for that situation what Raja gave was his best. That is just a passing situation and need nothing more than this. Similarly i have seen many songs like this which just passes away in the movies he has scored. but nevertheless he had composed them with care to fit in the situation. they may not be hits when singled out but along the movie they gel well.
That is what Raja and his music is about. He creates music for movies not for any albums which should have all great songs.
In that case i perfectly agree that ARR was the one who pioneered in making all the songs of a movie like album and making them hits and YSR is following his path [Is he really is another question which can be discussed later cos I dont find all the songs from his albums listenable] .
coming back to ARR's composing style. He was an Ad jingle composer. he had the need to attract the attention of listeners in say about 30 secs or the max of 1 min. and he had perfected that technique before coming to films. When the time was extended to 5 mins or more he employed the same method and became succesful.
But IMHO barring some movies he is not fit for film music at all.
Film music is a different arena where the only one king till date is Raja
Still I find it pathetic that we address movie songs as albums while the English are right on terming them as Soundtracks. and all other musical ventures fall under album category.
And Nevertheless IR who has composed less than 10 albums saw to it that all the tracks were great in those albums :)

Sanjeevi
28th March 2006, 10:23 PM

Not having a separate thread for YSR in tfm is not a big deal at all. Because he is doing very welll in the real world, that's what matters to most of his fans well atleast to me.

Now current thread is shown as a YSR section logically 8-) . Can anybody object this? :) . Right now, all the active threads are based on YSR and his albums except "Appreciating of good picturisation of great songs" (many times it was/is a one man show by S. Balaji :thumbsup:) .

So please mod any one you can choose (1) create a new section for U1 or (2) Change the current thread title as "YSR albums and Current Topics" or "Current Topics and YSR albums" :lol:

MrJudge
28th March 2006, 11:26 PM
That is what Raja and his music is about. He creates music for movies not for any albums which should have all great songs.

My thoughts exactly. Yes, IR's downfall was due to this factor. He created music for situations. His songs always carry the emotional flavors and that is the same reason he is good at BGM.

rajasaranam
28th March 2006, 11:40 PM
Exactly nattamai,

Iam listening to Annakili now...there is a song 'sondhamillai Bandhamillai' Which is just ok listening alone. but it should have gelled well with the movie. It was his first movie and never cared to make all the songs hit. he just gave music for the situations. that is why i Term him as the perfect music composer for movies. While others are composing like its an album :?

MADDY
29th March 2006, 12:10 AM
In that case i perfectly agree that ARR was the one who pioneered in making all the songs of a movie like album and making them hits and YSR is following his path [Is he really is another question which can be discussed later cos I dont find all the songs from his albums listenable.coming back to ARR's composing style. But IMHO barring some movies he is not fit for film music at all.

2 interesting results coming out of this observation is:

1) a person who was not fit for film music at all ruled both TFM and HFM for 10yrs+...... :D
2) this questions the cinematic brains of legends like Maniratnam,bharathiraja,balachander,shankar, subash ghai, govind nihalani, shyam benegal, ashutosh gowariker, Aamir khan, Rajinikanth.........cos all these ppl's most sought after MD for their films is still ARRahman.......

i guess, i will have to agree that some movies like kadhal desam,jeans,taal, minsara kanavu and many other movies were made for only songs and there was no relevance for some song situations..... :D

MADDY
29th March 2006, 12:17 AM
I don't think I spoiled anything there recently. It has been ages that I went and read your threads! Thanks for reminding me that you still have them.

yes guys, he has stopped this for a long time now.....i guess we shuld not accuse him any more..... :D ....a heartfelt thanks for doing this judge :thumbsup:

but judge, any new,upcoming MD was ragged by his predecessors' fans.........for ex: IR was mauled by MSV's fans, ARR was annihilated by IR fans (probably will remain the worst in history of TFM), so it is natural that ARR fans will find praising YSR a bit strange and wud react to it, but lemme promise it will be the mildest ragging in the history of TFM :lol:

app_engine
29th March 2006, 01:04 AM
...there is a song 'sondhamillai Bandhamillai'

rs,
I haven't seen annakkiLi, only the `wall posters' of that time period...based on them, this song wasn't there when the movie was released but got added later on during the run...may be after a few weeks... or after 50 days...

njv
29th March 2006, 06:57 AM
Yuvan has a permenant place in TFM. Even if we dont create a seperate section now, future will necessiate a new section.

Alien
29th March 2006, 10:25 AM
I also agree with Scale ... Vidyasagar deserves more :thumbsup:

Scale
29th March 2006, 10:26 AM
[tscii:5ebc0d0be0]
coming back to ARR's composing style.

Why? Intentionally, Or to balance IR's skills.

He was an Ad jingle composer. he had the need to attract the attention of listeners in say about 30 secs or the max of 1 min. and he had perfected that technique before coming to films. When the time was extended to 5 mins or more he employed the same method and became succesful.

Get your facts right. ARR was in IR troupe right from 1978 when he was 11. Only "Vikram"(1986-only after roja release) song came to limelight that too from his own mouth. So Do you mean to say attracting the attention of listeners from 30 secs to 5 mins is much more easy with full picturisation. Good Joke!

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6107&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Zakir Hussain (Renowned Tabla Player & World Musician): “A R Rahman worked with me when he was barely 19 (1986 when vikram released) but had already mastered many different styles of music. Even after his work was done, he would stay in the studio sitting through other musican’s pieces, eyes and ears tuned in, constantly imbibing. This reminds me of R D Burman. These guys make it possible to bring in all elements of world music.”

Do you need more from VR, L Shankar, K Vaidyanadhan & SPB's comment about him at the age of 6-9? :roll:.

But IMHO barring some movies he is not fit for film music at all.
Too Late. If this was known to Internation prodns they wouldn’t have signed ARR for a BD Stage shown, WOHE Chinese movie, TLOR Musical Stage play which is much much more difficult for any composer.

MADDY, thats shows the incapability of those directors who relied on ARR with weak scripts... What Rahman has got to be blamed?[/tscii:5ebc0d0be0]

Scale
29th March 2006, 10:33 AM
Reg Mr. Judge :evil:,

His last post in ARR album was 17/3 that was not ages b4 :lol: Wasnt he reading those? :rotfl:

He stopped it in ARR's threads but not in Current Topics. I literally kicked him out of ARR's albums for his thundu jokes. Check his latest thundus in ARR Vs YSR Vs HJ thread :evil:.

Hope he stops it permanently, now onwards. Bring some constructive criticism rather nick naming MD's.

Scale
29th March 2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks Arjuna & Alein! :)

I have requested MOD to consider this new section thru PM. Looks like RR isnt around?

But, Why PM's are lying in outbox :? once sent?

captain
29th March 2006, 11:18 AM
YSR deserves one :roll:

He's the man for youth. In tami film section, there're many people who appreciate YSR and his music. He has releases after releases 8-)

Who cares about what other MDs' fans have to say on this issue :huh: Just give him a separate section 8-)

naarayanaa naaraayanaa

:P

MADDY
29th March 2006, 11:41 AM
MADDY, thats shows the incapability of those directors who relied on ARR with weak scripts... What Rahman has got to be blamed?

hey scale, obviously i was taking a dig at rs's statement :D ......if maniratnam,subash ghai, raykesh mehra dunt have cinematic sense, then who does in this country??? vishnuvardhan and selvaraghvan??? :lol:

hey let's leave judge, scale........someone has to stop it rite???let it be us- the rahmanic way :lol:

vasanth2006
29th March 2006, 11:55 AM

My thoughts exactly. Yes, IR's downfall was due to this factor. He created music for situations. His songs always carry the emotional flavors and that is the same reason he is good at BGM.

I accepted ur points. IR is a complete situational composer.
a song which is not created any impression while hearing seperately, makes waves while seeing with the film. because that song suited with situation. many times i wondered.

i told in the point of view of hearing the songs seperatly.( prev post).

Regarding ARR, He also did many good films with situational songs and good BGM. for ex Bombay, Roja, Kannathil muthamitaal...
But basically most of his movies dont have the situational songs.
(in bombay's BGM, the hindustani based humming by Rahman is extraordinary)

eppavume en manasukku ithamavum thunaiyavum irukkirathu rajavudaiya isaithan.

Regards
Vasanth

Alien
29th March 2006, 12:09 PM
But, Why PM's are lying in outbox :? once sent?
I think, they lie in outbox, till they r read by the recipient and then get moved to sentbox :)

rajasaranam
29th March 2006, 12:32 PM
[tscii:c96195a021]

Get your facts right. ARR was in IR troupe right from 1978 when he was 11. Only "Vikram"(1986-only after roja release) song came to limelight that too from his own mouth. So Do you mean to say attracting the attention of listeners from 30 secs to 5 mins is much more easy with full picturisation. Good Joke!

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6107&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Zakir Hussain (Renowned Tabla Player & World Musician): “A R Rahman worked with me when he was barely 19 (1986 when vikram released) but had already mastered many different styles of music. Even after his work was done, he would stay in the studio sitting through other musican’s pieces, eyes and ears tuned in, constantly imbibing. This reminds me of R D Burman. These guys make it possible to bring in all elements of world music.”

Yeah my fact are right dude. He was just a keyboard artist in IR's troupe not a composer :huh: And if you think he always wanted to compose music for films get your facts right from his own mouth in various interviews where he has said he didnt want to compose for movies. And when MR asked him he refused at first. Later on MR coaxed him to compose just once. and Roja's success compelled him to stay on.
What Zakir hussain said is true indeed. ARR sits over songs for longer period and keeps adding some sounds or music and try making it more attractive to the listeners.
while IR didnt have the need to sit alone at 3AM when all have slept and ponder over what more to add on to the song. He has created the necessary mood need to be evoked for the song, It ends there. That is why he is a complete film composer who delves on the emotions and situations.
Well the fans discussions on both composers are a clear indication of these. You Cant find IR's fans discussing upon
-There was a pakku idikkira sound in Chinna chiru vayathil
-there was a horn blowing sound in En kanamani
-there was temple bell sound in antha naal nyabagam
-there were cow sounds or a bus passing away sound in unnai vida.
These sounds were there because it was meant to be in the screen.
While ARR fans would go on lengths discussing upon various sound popping here and there in his songs with awe.
-hey did you notice the Bike Accelarator sound in that song
-Hey did you notice the glass breaking sound in this song and so on...

We can go on comparing both who can never be compared and have distinct styles. But I stand firm on my earlier saying that IR is the first and last film music composer while ARR is an Album composer who happened to be in films accidentally :notworthy: [/tscii:c96195a021]

Scale
29th March 2006, 12:49 PM
RS,

As usual you are drifting into a different topic what we & you discuss. Looks like everyone is reading our posts silently :rotfl: a? b? c? (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=446364&highlight=#446364) No comments. :huh:

I replied only when you cut outrightly ARR as Just a Ad jingle composer. My point is He is been whizkid rite from his childhood days. Clear!

We can go on comparing both who can never be compared and have distinct styles. [/tscii]

Sir,
Who started it "coming back to ARR's" & that he is unfit barring few films. I Myself dont like him composing for movies that doesnt mean he lacks. Check this.....
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=434945&highlight=#434945

NOV
29th March 2006, 02:20 PM
rajasaranam and others, innum indha sandai Oyalayaa? :roll:

for MSV fans, MSV alone is God

for IR fans, IR alone is God (altho YSR and KR can be lesser gods - gods nevertheless)

for ARR fans, ARR alone is God

etc etc. nothing - not your :banghead:, not in any number of years, nothing is going to change that. why not just accept it and move on?

NOV
29th March 2006, 02:25 PM
OK, coming to the question on whether YSR should get a separate section:

a. In the first place there isn't enough discussions on YSR (though there are fans) to merit it.

b. IR and ARR are TFM icons. (Of course there are earlier icons, but thier fans are quite pleased with the Old Songs Section).
Putting YSR in the same league as these icons doesn't seem right. Let us give him some time.

c. If we open new sections for every successful MD, there will be more sections than threads.

So - no, we don't have any immediate plans for opening a section for YSR. Hope this puts an end to this question.

Thanks.

MrJudge
29th March 2006, 03:58 PM
His last post in ARR album was 17/3 that was not ages b4 :lol: Wasnt he reading those?

I was searching for vaalameenukkum song and found that it was mentioned in one of thundubhai's threads. So posted my opinion, I read and visit "current topics" thread atleast 10 times a day but rarely go to IR's and very rarely to thundubhai's. It has been feeling like going there once in a blue moon that's all.

He stopped it in ARR's threads but not in Current Topics. I literally kicked him out of ARR's albums for his thundu jokes.

You did not kick me dear. I just stopped it myself. I think I should start again.

interz
29th March 2006, 04:53 PM
well said NOV, maybe this will stop people demand thread for the "pick of the day" MD's, rather than "pick of the century" MD's (Rahman And ILayaraja).

Sanjeevi
29th March 2006, 10:17 PM
Nov, you have given lot of ice creams to anti-YSR fans. It is quite OK , but don't ignore youth generation feelings

captain
29th March 2006, 10:58 PM
Nov, you have given lot of ice creams to anti-YSR fans. It is quite OK , but don't ignore youth generation feelings

sanjeevi, nothing to worry. I don't any other had separate section at the age of 23 :P
YSR will soon have one 8-)

NOV
30th March 2006, 05:32 AM
Nov, you have given lot of ice creams to anti-YSR fans. It is quite OK , but don't ignore youth generation feelingsand pray tell me what it is? :roll:

anyway, at the Hub, YSR has won Best MD award for the last two years. therefore I doubt there are many "anti-YSR" fans.

rayan36
30th March 2006, 09:51 AM
[tscii:8e0f2e9e8a]OK guy's lets make it fair

A look into how the music directors work March 24, 2006

Don’t think that the work of a music director is just setting music to verses and making a few sounds when the scenes unroll. He is a part and parcel of the movies, recording events, emotions and plots in a style that he knows well—music. The music of every music director has its own signature, be it Ilayaraja or A R Rahman. Let us look into the styles of how well-known music directors work.

AR Rahman – hardwork and smart work

Rahman is religious in his personal life but, when it comes to music he is totally unorthodox. Working almost eighteen hours a day, his work culture is hard work, smart work and creative work all rolled into one. Well, that takes a lot of time and in the industry, he is known for his slow pace. He may even take a month just to set a song in music. He doesn’t bother much about re-recording. Anyway, that is taken care of by his assistants.

Everytime AR Rahman teams up with movie stalwarts like Manirathnam and Shankar, it has always resulted in chart-buster numbers. However, when he works with other directors who show a lot of promise, like Pravin Gandhi and AM Jothikrishna, though the songs are a big hit, the movies fail. As Rahman has himself confesed, the mystery behind a winning combination still remains elusive. So he is quite choosy about the directors he would work with.
If there is one thing that Rahman is famous for, well, it is his penchant for new talents. It was he who introduced Unni Krishnan, Sadhana Sargam, Udit Narayan, Karthik, Srinivas and Nithya Shree into playback singing in Tamil.

Recent bestseller: Godfather
Much expected: Sivaji, Guru

Ilaya Raja, the master of re-recording

The maestro is considered as the master of re-recording. Observe his background music and you are sure to find subtle allusions to and the nuances of the plot. Raja takes his own time to work for a movie and you can’t goad him to meet a deadline. He is fastidious about songs. Who writes the lyrics, what the context is and which hero or character sings matter a lot. Not surprisingly, several directors and producers owe their film's success to the maestro. When he is at the recording theatre, he is a different man, very religious regarding music. Smokers and tipsters are banned at his place of work.

Recent best seller: Virumaandi
Much expected: Maayakkannadi

Yuvan Shankar Raja, a bundle of talents

Watch out for this guy. Son of maestro Ilayaraja, he has charted his own course. He has in-depth knowledge of different genres of music and also has the ability to package it to suit the young audience. Yuvan seems to have hit it off well with the younger crop of directors like Selvaraghavan and Vishnuvardhan. When he joins with them, you can bet there is some great music in the making.

Rahman had once predicted a great future for Yuvan. He is fast at re-recording and if he has a liking for special things, it is composing in exotic locale. The last two years have seen this talent on a rising mode

Recent bestsellers: Puduppettai, Pattiyal
Much expected: Vallavan

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-01/24-03-06-music-directors.html

Happy :wink: :wink: [/tscii:8e0f2e9e8a]

itsmuls
30th March 2006, 12:08 PM
For those who ask for international recognization of Yuvan, kindly go through the news that Yuvan Shankar Raja have won the best music director award for Ameer directed Raam at the prestigious Cyprus International Film festival held at Greece, that too after 40 yrs.

abbydoss1969
30th March 2006, 02:05 PM
[tscii:cc93bc1d80]
ARR doesn’t bother much about re-recording. Anyway, that is taken care of by his assistants.

:?: :?: :?: :oops: [/tscii:cc93bc1d80]

rajasaranam
30th March 2006, 02:41 PM
Not Yet :( Even after U1 bagged the award for best musical Score at an International film festival :huh:

xml
30th March 2006, 09:56 PM
I don't think it is necessary.
The current topic is dedicated for him only.He is the too young and all the current hits in TFM by YSR.If you make sepatate section for him the the current section what will you discuss.It will be empty or will have the same of in YSR section.Most of the recent hits are by YSR and we need to discuss them in current topics also.

njv
30th March 2006, 10:04 PM
The current topic is dedicated for him only.He is the too young and all the current hits in TFM by YSR.If you make sepatate section for him the the current section what will you discuss.It will be empty or will have the same of in YSR section.Most of the recent hits are by YSR and we need to discuss them in current topics also.

tamil murasu maathiru nachchunnu irukku.

selvakumar
31st March 2006, 11:35 AM

My friend,
I agree with some of your points. But just like how scale mentioned, Vidyasagar too deserve one such thing.

But we don't have any separate section for VETERANS like MSV :huh:

IR and ARR have proved them these years.

Let's wait for 5 more years. AFter that, we can decide whether YSR should have one such

P.S: I am not an IR / ARR fan .. infact. not a fan of any MD. this is my opinion.

rayan36
1st April 2006, 03:10 PM

Yeah, true indeed, all, well mostly i guess of his song are forgetable, not like ARR/ IR so seperate thread for him is avoidable :wink: :wink:

rayan36
1st April 2006, 03:14 PM

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=468392#468392
Look again my friend :wink: :wink:

:thumbsup:

rashid2raj
1st April 2006, 03:48 PM
While HJ has his own section in TFM, i think Yuvan deserves one!! :wink:

rashid2raj
1st April 2006, 04:00 PM
While HJ has his own section in TFM, i think Yuvan deserves one!! :wink:

For those who can't find HJ's section, Tjeck out:

"COPYING - IN TAMIL FILM HISTORY" :lol:

selvakumar
1st April 2006, 04:29 PM

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=468392#468392
Look again my friend :wink: :wink:

I would better reiterate the samething to you my friend. To remind you.. It is not a section.. It is just yet another thread. Please have a look into it properly :wink: :wink:

xml
1st April 2006, 09:06 PM
Well said all you guys.Please understand I am not against making a separate section for YSR.AS your arguement

# IR,and ARR proved their stuff so they have separate section.
# let us wait for 5 years to make a separate section.
# YSR entered 8years back in to TFM.

I agree with all the above points.IR and ARR proved their ability.
But as far we have seen in the last past years with IR,ARR and YSR activity in TFM there in only YSR to talk about more in TFM.If IR and ARR proved their talent in TFM,then YSR is already proved,proves,will be proving MD for ever in TFM.According to me from now onwards he is going to rule TFM and Tollywood more than 20 years with international reputation.If you feel to make a separate section for him after completely proving his ability then you have to wait more than 20 years.
As some one already claimed he is not new to TFM and entered 8years back,but he is the one more demanded in TFM and Tollywood.So lets us make two separate section.

1.YSR past(just like IR and ARR section to discuss YSR's past albums and achievements)
2.YSR current and future albums.

He is the ruling MD and will be ruling TFM and the world forever.So we need two separate section for YSR.

Scale
1st April 2006, 09:15 PM
>>>>So we need two separate section for YSR.<<<<<

Finger on the lips (http://www.outofrange.net/blogarchive/archives/mourinholips.jpg).

rashid2raj
2nd April 2006, 01:19 AM
>>>>So we need two separate section for YSR.<<<<<

Finger on the lips (http://www.outofrange.net/blogarchive/archives/mourinholips.jpg).

:lol:

njv
2nd April 2006, 08:08 PM

I think we need seperate section for MSV before we create anything for VS/YSR. MSV is a legend and in a way inspirational to IR and lot other current mds, so we must have a section for MSV. Very nice of Selvakumar to think about msv.

Kailash
2nd April 2006, 09:08 PM
he does need not one but three or four for his class music

oh my PATTIYAL his latest aaaaaaa Do not know it is simply mind blowing may be the one of his best

karthik_sa2
6th April 2006, 04:46 PM
yuvan definitely deserves a seperate section

Godfather
6th April 2006, 07:09 PM
As Yuvan grows, his boundaries are exponentially expanding. More movies are coming up and obviously more discussions on various topics are expected. Hence it is inevitable to have a dedicated section for him.

sentsbu1
7th April 2006, 02:03 AM
Yuvan is like Dhoni, the NEW SENSATION !!!... So he deserves a seperate thread... though Ilairaja and A R Rahman is like Tendulkar, I think it should be Yuvan now, who the youths and music lovers want...